Genomes and Genes
bactericidal permeability increasing protein
Gene Symbol: bactericidal permeability increasing protein
Description: bactericidal permeability increasing protein
Alias: BPIFD1, rBPI, bactericidal permeability-increasing protein, BPI fold containing family D, member 1, CAP 57, recombinant BPI holoprotein, rBPI
Publications140 found, 100 shown here
- Hershman D, Unger J, Crew K, Awad D, Dakhil S, Gralow J, et al. Randomized Multicenter Placebo-Controlled Trial of Omega-3 Fatty Acids for the Control of Aromatase Inhibitor-Induced Musculoskeletal Pain: SWOG S0927. J Clin Oncol. 2015;33:1910-7 pubmed publisher..No between-group differences were seen for HDL, LDL, or C-reactive protein. We found a substantial (> 50%) and sustained improvement in AI arthralgia for both O3-FAs and placebo but found no meaningful difference between the groups. ..
- Rivera F. Single intra-articular injection of high molecular weight hyaluronic acid for hip osteoarthritis. J Orthop Traumatol. 2016;17:21-6 pubmed publisher..5 %) of pain associated with transient synovitis are noteworthy. This study shows that a single IA injection of Coxarthrum is effective from the third month and that the results are stable or continue to improve up to 1 year. IV. ..
- White D, Khedri Z, Kiptoo P, Siahaan T, Tolbert T. Synthesis of a Bifunctional Peptide Inhibitor-IgG1 Fc Fusion That Suppresses Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:1867-1877 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the BPI peptides were highly active at suppressing EAE when conjugated to the large Fc scaffold in this manner...
- Wenter V, Herlemann A, Fendler W, Ilhan H, Tirichter N, Bartenstein P, et al. Radium-223 for primary bone metastases in patients with hormone-sensitive prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy. Oncotarget. 2017;8:44131-44140 pubmed publisher..ALP, rather than PSA, may be a good marker for assessing treatment response. Ra-223 could therefore be taken into consideration as part of a multimodal approach for carefully selected patients with advanced prostate cancer. ..
- Boldt A, Van Tong H, Grobusch M, Kalmbach Y, Dzeing Ella A, Kombila M, et al. The blood transcriptome of childhood malaria. EBioMedicine. 2019;40:614-625 pubmed publisher..B. W. Boldt. The funders had no role in study design, data collection and analysis, decision to publish, or preparation of the manuscript. ..
- Fisher S, Abdullah A, Charvin I, Da Fonseca D, Bat Pitault F. Comparison of body image evaluation by virtual reality and paper-based figure rating scales in adolescents with anorexia nervosa: retrospective study. Eat Weight Disord. 2019;: pubmed publisher..The perceptive component could be better evaluated using biometric-enhanced assessment tools. Level V, cross-sectional descriptive study (evaluation data retrospectively studied). ..
- Li Y, Lu L, Luo N, Wang Y, Gao H. Inhibition of PI3K/AKt/mTOR signaling pathway protects against d-galactosamine/lipopolysaccharide-induced acute liver failure by chaperone-mediated autophagy in rats. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;92:544-553 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, inhibition of the PI3K/AKt/mTOR signaling pathway plays a protective role in ALF by promoting CMA expression, which could arrest cell proliferation and promote cell apoptosis. ..
- Souza P, Barbosa L, Diniz L, da Silva G, Lopes B, Souza P, et al. Neutrophil extracellular traps possess anti-human respiratory syncytial virus activity: Possible interaction with the viral F protein. Virus Res. 2018;251:68-77 pubmed publisher..These findings broaden the understanding of the role of NETs during hRSV infection. ..
- Kirov G, Lowry C, Stephens M, Oldfield S, O Donovan M, Lightman S, et al. Screening ABCG1, the human homologue of the Drosophila white gene, for polymorphisms and association with bipolar affective disorder. Mol Psychiatry. 2001;6:671-7 pubmed..The polymorphisms identified in this study will be useful in examining the role of this gene in other neuropsychiatric disorders and behavioural traits...
- Sevcikova L, Babjaková J, Jurkovicova J, Samohyl M, Stefanikova Z, Machácová E, et al. Exposure to Environmental Tobacco Smoke in Relation to Behavioral, Emotional, Social and Health Indicators of Slovak School Children. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018;15: pubmed publisher..The results showed mostly the predominant impact of social factors on the physical and mental health status of Slovak school children. ..
- Fillerova R, Gallo J, Radvansky M, Kraiczova V, Kudelka M, Kriegova E. Excellent Diagnostic Characteristics for Ultrafast Gene Profiling of DEFA1-IL1B-LTF in Detection of Prosthetic Joint Infections. J Clin Microbiol. 2017;55:2686-2697 pubmed publisher..Further testing on a larger cohort of patients is needed. ..
- Chi K, Protheroe A, Rodriguez Antolín A, Facchini G, Suttman H, Matsubara N, et al. Patient-reported outcomes following abiraterone acetate plus prednisone added to androgen deprivation therapy in patients with newly diagnosed metastatic castration-naive prostate cancer (LATITUDE): an international, randomised phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2018;19:194-206 pubmed publisher..Janssen Research & Development. ..
- Hart C, Lauth M, Hunter C, Krasny B, Hardy K. Effect of 4-nonylphenol on the immune response of the Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas following bacterial infection with Vibrio campbellii. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;58:449-461 pubmed publisher..gigas, an aquaculture species of global economic importance. ..
- Bingle L, Wilson K, Musa M, Araujo B, Rassl D, Wallace W, et al. BPIFB1 (LPLUNC1) is upregulated in cystic fibrosis lung disease. Histochem Cell Biol. 2012;138:749-58 pubmed publisher..It is unclear if this elevation of protein production, which results from phenotypic alteration of the cells within the diseased epithelium, plays a role in the pathogenesis of the disease. ..
- Irwin M, Cartmel B, Gross C, Ercolano E, Li F, Yao X, et al. Randomized exercise trial of aromatase inhibitor-induced arthralgia in breast cancer survivors. J Clin Oncol. 2015;33:1104-11 pubmed publisher..001). Exercise led to improvement in AI-induced arthralgia in previously inactive breast cancer survivors. ..
- Mirski T, Niemcewicz M, Bartoszcze M, Gryko R, Michalski A. Utilisation of peptides against microbial infections - a review. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2017;25:205-210 pubmed publisher..AMPs are a promising strategy in the fight against microbial infections. ..
- Huckans M, Fuller B, Wheaton V, Jaehnert S, Ellis C, Kolessar M, et al. A longitudinal study evaluating the effects of interferon-alpha therapy on cognitive and psychiatric function in adults with chronic hepatitis C. J Psychosom Res. 2015;78:184-92 pubmed publisher..However, IFN is not associated with significant declines in objective cognitive performance during or following IFN. ..
- Elhassan B, Wagner E, Spinner R, Bishop A, Shin A. Contralateral Trapezius Transfer to Restore Shoulder External Rotation Following Adult Brachial Plexus Injury. J Hand Surg Am. 2016;41:e45-51 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that CLTOT to the infraspinatus tendon was effective in improving shoulder external rotation in patients with BPI. Therapeutic IV. ..
- Arise A, Alashi A, Nwachukwu I, Ijabadeniyi O, Aluko R, Amonsou E. Antioxidant activities of bambara groundnut (Vigna subterranea) protein hydrolysates and their membrane ultrafiltration fractions. Food Funct. 2016;7:2431-7 pubmed publisher..These findings show the potential use of BPHs and their peptide fraction as antioxidants in reducing food spoilage or management of oxidative stress-related metabolic disorders. ..
- Pereira D, Meleiro H, Correia I, Fonseca S. [Pain after major elective orthopedic surgery of the lower limb and type of anesthesia: does it matter?]. Rev Bras Anestesiol. 2016;66:628-636 pubmed publisher..Patients with gonarthrosis and severe pain preoperatively may benefit from individualized pre- and intraoperative care, particularly preoperative analgesia and neuraxial anesthesia. ..
- Pereira D, Meleiro H, Correia I, Fonseca S. Pain after major elective orthopedic surgery of the lower limb and type of anesthesia: does it matter?. Braz J Anesthesiol. 2016;66:628-636 pubmed publisher..Patients with gonarthrosis and severe pain preoperatively may benefit from individualized pre- and intraoperative care, particularly preoperative analgesia and neuraxial anesthesia. ..
- Matlock S, Aman M. Psychometric characteristics of the adult scale of hostility and aggression: reactive/proactive (A-SHARP) and relation to psychiatric features of adults with developmental disabilities. Res Dev Disabil. 2014;35:3199-207 pubmed publisher..However, much more work is needed to determine fully how well each of the subscales performs psychometrically. ..
- Chen L, Lin C, Huang T, Kuan Y, Huang Y, Chen H, et al. Effect of acupuncture on aromatase inhibitor-induced arthralgia in patients with breast cancer: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Breast. 2017;33:132-138 pubmed publisher..Acupuncture is a safe and viable nonpharmacologic treatment that may relieve joint pain in patients with AIA. Additional studies involving a higher number of RCTs are warranted. ..
- Yousef A, Alzeftawy A. The efficacy of oral piroxicam fast-dissolving tablets versus sublingual fentanyl in incident breakthrough pain due to bone metastases: a double-blinded randomized study. Support Care Cancer. 2018;: pubmed publisher..001). Our study demonstrated that oral piroxicam fast-dissolving tablet is an analgesic alternative to sublingual fentanyl in patients with bone metastasis to control incidental BTP attacks with more favorable cost-benefit values. ..
- Huang W, Tso T. Etoricoxib improves osteoarthritis pain relief, joint function, and quality of life in the extreme elderly. Bosn J Basic Med Sci. 2018;18:87-94 pubmed publisher..No adverse events were reported. Pain relief, joint function, quality of life, and treatment satisfaction improved significantly in elderly patients with OA after etoricoxib administration. ..
- Yamaguchi K, Chijiwa T, Yamamura T, Ikeda N, Yatsui T, Hayama S, et al. Interisland variegation of venom [Lys(49)]phospholipase A2 isozyme genes in Protobothrops genus snakes in the southwestern islands of Japan. Toxicon. 2015;107:210-6 pubmed publisher..tokarensis genome. The interisland variegation of venom [Lys(49)]PLA2 isozyme genes in Protobothrops genus snakes in the southwestern islands of Japan is discussed. ..
- Harries L, Emam A, Khan U. Pain after ortho-plastic reconstruction of lower limb injuries: A snapshot study. Injury. 2018;49:414-419 pubmed publisher..This emphasises the importance of asking about pain at follow up, and taking simple measures to improve pain outcomes. ..
- Subedi A, Chaudakshetrin P, Chotisukarat H, Mandee S. Effect of Co-Morbid Conditions on Persistent Neuropathic Pain after Brachial Plexus Injury in Adult Patients. J Clin Neurol. 2016;12:489-494 pubmed publisher..A higher proportion of the patients in the co-morbid group required tramadol as a second-line of agent for pain relief. ..
- Abu Maziad A, Schaa K, Bell E, Dagle J, Cooper M, Marazita M, et al. Role of polymorphic variants as genetic modulators of infection in neonatal sepsis. Pediatr Res. 2010;68:323-9 pubmed publisher..05). We conclude allelic variations in PLA2G2A, TLR2, TLR5, and IL10 may moderate the predisposition to sepsis in preterm infants. ..
- Marchettini P, Wilhelm S, Petto H, Tesfaye S, TÃ¶lle T, Bouhassira D, et al. Are there different predictors of analgesic response between antidepressants and anticonvulsants in painful diabetic neuropathy?. Eur J Pain. 2016;20:472-82 pubmed publisher..Duloxetine treatment appeared to be particularly beneficial in DPNP patients having no mood symptoms. ..
- Garcia R, Horovitz R, Torricelli A, Mukai A, Bechara S. Improved Evaluation of Postoperative Pain After Photorefractive Keratectomy. Cornea. 2016;35:205-9 pubmed publisher..This study validated the utility of multidimensional questionnaires to expand the assessment of the PRK postoperative pain profile, including intensity and other qualitative aspects. ..
- Morris M, Daluiski A, Dy C. A Thematic Analysis of Online Discussion Boards for Brachial Plexus Injury. J Hand Surg Am. 2016;41:813-8 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a helpful starting point in refining topics for patient education and support that are targeted on patients' interests and concerns. ..
- Dodson R, McQuellon R, Mogal H, Duckworth K, Russell G, Votanopoulos K, et al. Quality-of-Life Evaluation After Cytoreductive Surgery with Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:772-783 pubmed..Although HIPEC is associated with morbidity and detriments to QoL, recovery with good overall QoL typically occurs at or before 6 months. Baseline QoL is associated with morbidity, mortality, and survival after HIPEC. ..
- Achhra A, Mocroft A, Ross M, Ryom Nielson L, Avihingsanon A, Bakowska E, et al. Impact of early versus deferred antiretroviral therapy on estimated glomerular filtration rate in HIV-positive individuals in the START trial. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2017;50:453-460 pubmed publisher..Whether this early benefit translates into a lower risk of CKD requires further follow-up. ..
- Lam K, Qi R, Liu S, Kroh A, Yao G, Perry K, et al. The hypothetical protein P47 of Clostridium botulinum E1 strain Beluga has a structural topology similar to bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein. Toxicon. 2018;147:19-26 pubmed publisher..These findings laid the foundation for future structural and functional studies of the potential roles of P47 and OrfX proteins in facilitating oral intoxication of BoNTs. ..
- Scheja A, Baabe D, Menzel D, Pietzonka C, Schweyen P, BrÃ¶ring M. Spin Crossover and Valence Tautomerism in Neutral Homoleptic Iron Complexes of Bis(pyridylimino)isoindolines. Chemistry. 2015;21:14196-204 pubmed publisher..The valence tautomerism leads to a chelate with one of the bpi ligands as a dianion radical L(2-Â·) and with an effective spin of S=2. ..
- Gerber L, Sikdar S, Aredo J, Armstrong K, Rosenberger W, Shao H, et al. Beneficial Effects of Dry Needling for Treatment of Chronic Myofascial Pain Persist for 6 Weeks After Treatment Completion. PM R. 2017;9:105-112 pubmed publisher..Patients with higher baseline VAS scores are less likely to respond to DN. Early intervention toward significant pain reduction is likely to be associated with sustained clinical response. IV. ..
- Liu B, Yuan Y, He D, Huang D, Luo C, Zhu Z, et al. High-Performance Blue OLEDs Based on Phenanthroimidazole Emitters via Substitutions at the C6- and C9-Positions for Improving Exciton Utilization. Chemistry. 2016;22:12130-7 pubmed publisher..5?lm?W(-1) , and 5.64?%, were achieved, respectively. More importantly, both devices show little or even no efficiency roll-off and high singlet exciton-utilizing efficiencies of 36.2?% for Ph-BPA-BPI and 39.2?% for Py-BPA-BPI. ..
- Ringoot A, Jansen P, Rijlaarsdam J, So P, Jaddoe V, Verhulst F, et al. Self-reported problem behavior in young children with and without a DSM-disorder in the general population. Eur Psychiatry. 2017;40:110-115 pubmed publisher..This approach may contribute to a better understanding of child development and may predict future problems. ..
- Shivangi -, Meena L. A Novel Approach in Treatment of Tuberculosis by Targeting Drugs to Infected Macrophages Using Biodegradable Nanoparticles. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2018;185:815-821 pubmed publisher..As these markers can be used for delivery of drugs at destined position, they can be very beneficial in reducing toxicities of antituberculer drugs to the other uninfected sites and in operating only the infected macrophages. ..
- Yamagata M, Rook S, Sassa Y, Ma R, Geraldes P, Goddard L, et al. Bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein's signaling pathways and its retinal trophic and anti-angiogenic effects. FASEB J. 2006;20:2058-67 pubmed
- Macleod N, Kelly C, Stobo J, McMahon L, Taggart D, Fallon M, et al. Pain in Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma: A Prospective Characterization Study. Pain Med. 2016;17:2119-2126 pubmed..016). Pain in mesothelioma varies among patients and may have neuropathic components. An adequate pain assessment is necessary to guide the clinician in the appropriate choice of analgesics. ..
- Hill B, Pallant J, Williams G, Olver J, Ferris S, Bialocerkowski A. Evaluation of Internal Construct Validity and Unidimensionality of the Brachial Assessment Tool, A Patient-Reported Outcome Measure for Brachial Plexus Injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2016;97:2146-2156 pubmed publisher..Further examination is required to determine test-retest reliability and responsiveness. ..
- Laires P, Lains J, Miranda L, Cernadas R, Rajagopalan S, Taylor S, et al. Inadequate pain relief among patients with primary knee osteoarthritis. Rev Bras Reumatol. 2016;: pubmed publisher..001). Our findings indicate that improvements are needed in the management of pain in knee OA in order to achieve better outcomes in terms of pain relief, function and quality of life. ..
- Laires P, Lains J, Miranda L, Cernadas R, Rajagopalan S, Taylor S, et al. Inadequate pain relief among patients with primary knee osteoarthritis. Rev Bras Reumatol Engl Ed. 2017;57:229-237 pubmed publisher..001). Our findings indicate that improvements are needed in the management of pain in knee OA in order to achieve better outcomes in terms of pain relief, function and quality of life. ..
- Chen Y, Coxson H, Coupal T, Lam S, Munk P, Leipsic J, et al. The contribution of thoracic vertebral deformity and arthropathy to trunk pain in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Respir Med. 2018;137:115-122 pubmed publisher..The results of this study provided the foundation for the management of pain, which requires further exploration. ..
- Glas J, Török H, Tonenchi L, Hamann S, Malachova O, Euba A, et al. A645G (Lys216Glu) polymorphism of the bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein gene in periodontal disease. Int J Immunogenet. 2006;33:255-60 pubmed..The present study does not give evidence for the contribution of the BPI gene to the genetic background of chronic periodontal disease. ..
- Pryce J, González Recio O, Nieuwhof G, Wales W, Coffey M, Hayes B, et al. Hot topic: Definition and implementation of a breeding value for feed efficiency in dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 2015;98:7340-50 pubmed publisher..From April 2015, feed saved has been included as part of the Australian national selection index, the Balanced Performance Index (BPI). Selection on the BPI is expected to lead to modest gains in feed efficiency. ..
- Spierings E, Brewer R, Rauck R, Losch Beridon T, Mareya S. Lubiprostone for Opioid-Induced Constipation Does Not Interfere with Opioid Analgesia in Patients with Chronic Noncancer Pain. Pain Pract. 2017;17:312-319 pubmed publisher..435) and for BPI-SF scores for pain interference, pain severity, and worst pain (P ? 0.402). Lubiprostone 24 ?g BID administered for relief of OIC in patients with chronic noncancer pain does not interfere with opioid analgesia. ..
- Benaim C, LÃ©ger B, Vuistiner P, Luthi F. Validation of the French Version of the "Patterns of Activity Measure" in Patients with Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain. Pain Res Manag. 2017;2017:6570394 pubmed publisher..i>Discussion and Conclusion. The three POAM-P/F subscales clearly assess different behaviors in CMSP. The POAM-P/F is a suitable questionnaire for classifying French speaking CMSP into avoiders, pacers or overdoers. ..
- McDonald R, Ding K, Chow E, Meyer R, Nabid A, Chabot P, et al. Classification of painful bone metastases as mild, moderate, or severe using both EORTC QLQ-C15-PAL and EORTC QLQ-BM22. Support Care Cancer. 2016;24:4871-4878 pubmed..Optimal CPs vary depending on the type of outcome measurement used. ..
- Sabet A, Strauss A, Schmolders J, Bornemann R, SABET A, Oldenburg J, et al. Radiosynoviorthesis in hemophilic arthropathy: pathologic blood pool imaging on pre-therapeutic bone scintigraphy is not a predictor of treatment success. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017;44:461-467 pubmed publisher..Patients in whom articular hyperemia is not detectable by scintigraphy may have similar (outstanding) outcomes, and thus should not be excluded from treatment. ..
- Barron K, Lamvu G, Schmidt R, Fisk M, Blanton E, Patanwala I. Wound Infiltration With Extended-Release Versus Short-Acting Bupivacaine Before Laparoscopic Hysterectomy: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2017;24:286-292 pubmed publisher..25% bupivacaine for port-site analgesia on POD 3, but no difference in opioid use or measures of functioning. ..
- Bertelli J, Ghizoni M, Soldado F. Patterns of Brachial Plexus Stretch Palsy in a Prospective Series of 565 Surgically Treated Patients. J Hand Surg Am. 2017;42:443-446.e2 pubmed publisher..Diagnostic IV. ..
- McCaffrey S, Black R, Butler S. Psychometric evaluation of the PainCAS Interference with Daily Activities, Psychological/Emotional Distress, and Pain scales. Qual Life Res. 2018;27:835-843 pubmed publisher..Convergent validity between the PainCAS Pain and BPI Pain items was also strong. Taken together, results provide strong psychometric support for these PainCAS Pain scales. Strengths and limitations of the current study are discussed. ..
- Murakami M, Osada K, Mizuno H, Ochiai T, Alev L, Nishioka K. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase III trial of duloxetine in Japanese fibromyalgia patients. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015;17:224 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that duloxetine treatment could be associated with improvements in pain relief and QoL in Japanese patients with fibromyalgia. ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01552057 . Registered 9 March 2012. ..
- Wang G, Bi L, Li X, Li Z, Zhao D, Chen J, et al. Efficacy and safety of duloxetine in Chinese patients with chronic pain due to osteoarthritis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2017;25:832-838 pubmed publisher..The safety profile of duloxetine observed in this study was consistent with that in previous duloxetine trials. This trial is registered with ClinicalTrials.gov (NCT01931475). ..
- Majedi H, Dehghani S, Soleyman Jahi S, Emami Meibodi S, Mireskandari S, Hajiaghababaei M, et al. Validation of the Persian Version of the Brief Pain Inventory (BPI-P) in Chronic Pain Patients. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2017;54:132-138.e2 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrated that the Persian version of the BPI could be a valid and reliable instrument for pain assessment in Persian-speaking patients. ..
- Wu K, Wu C, Chen C, Chu C, Shih L, Liu Y, et al. Proteome profiling reveals novel biomarkers to identify complicated parapneumonic effusions. Sci Rep. 2017;7:4026 pubmed publisher..4%, respectively. Thus, our findings provided a comprehensive effusion proteome data set for PPE biomarker discovery and revealed novel biomarkers for the diagnosis of CPPE. ..
- Rapo Pylkkö S, Haanpää M, Liira H. Subjective easiness of pain assessment measures in older people. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2016;65:25-8 pubmed publisher..Low MMSE explained the difficulty of using PainDETECT. The VAS, NRS, PainDETECT and the BPI appear to be suitable pain measures to use for older community-dwelling people in general practice. ..
- Smyth E, Shen W, Bowman L, Peterson P, John W, Melemed A, et al. Patient-reported pain and other quality of life domains as prognostic factors for survival in a phase III clinical trial of patients with advanced breast cancer. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2016;14:52 pubmed publisher..Clinicaltrials.gov, NCT00006459. ..
- Kumar V, Ero R, Ahmed T, Goh K, Zhan Y, Bhushan S, et al. Structure of the GTP Form of Elongation Factor 4 (EF4) Bound to the Ribosome. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:12943-50 pubmed publisher..7-Å resolution. Taken together, our results shed light on the interactions formed between EF4, the ribosome, and the P site tRNA and illuminate the GTPase activation mechanism at previously unresolved detail. ..
- Pinkenburg O, Meyer T, Bannert N, Norley S, Bolte K, Czudai Matwich V, et al. The Human Antimicrobial Protein Bactericidal/Permeability-Increasing Protein (BPI) Inhibits the Infectivity of Influenza A Virus. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0156929 pubmed publisher..Electron microscopy indicate that the human BPI-peptide interferes with the virus envelope and at high concentrations was able to destroy the particles completely. ..
- Hackshaw K, Plans Pujolras M, Rodriguez Saona L, Moore M, Jackson E, Sforzo G, et al. A pilot study of health and wellness coaching for fibromyalgia. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2016;17:457 pubmed..Such improvements do not typically occur spontaneously in FM patients, suggesting that HWC deserves further consideration as an intervention for FM. ..
- Kurt S, Can G. Reflexology in the management of chemotherapy induced peripheral neuropathy: A pilot randomized controlled trial. Eur J Oncol Nurs. 2018;32:12-19 pubmed publisher..and motor, autonomic functions related CIPN, but reflexology is effective method in the management of patients' sensory functions related CIPN. Key Words: Peripheral neuropathy, reflexology, chemotherapy, EORTC QLQ-CIPN-20, BPI. ..
- Ooi C, Weiss J, Elsbach P, Frangione B, Mannion B. A 25-kDa NH2-terminal fragment carries all the antibacterial activities of the human neutrophil 60-kDa bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein. J Biol Chem. 1987;262:14891-4 pubmed..These findings suggest that all of the molecular determinants of the antibacterial properties of BPI reside within the NH2-terminal 25-kDa segment, implying a novel structural/functional organization for a cytotoxic protein. ..
- Garcia R, Torricelli A, Mukai A, Pereira V, Bechara S. Predictors of Early Postoperative Pain After Photorefractive Keratectomy. Cornea. 2016;35:1062-8 pubmed publisher..035) revealed effects on the BPI. The profiles of postoperative pain after PRK were similar between both eyes under the same conditions. In this study, a high SERE was the only predictor for increased pain after PRK. ..
- Robb L, Cooney J, McCrory C. Evaluation of spinal cord stimulation on the symptoms of anxiety and depression and pain intensity in patients with failed back surgery syndrome. Ir J Med Sci. 2017;186:767-771 pubmed publisher..Whilst it is already recognised that SCS reduces pain in FBSS, this study demonstrated that it also reduced the symptoms of anxiety and depression with an associated reduction in opioid consumption. ..
- Tanaka K, Nishigami T, Mibu A, Manfuku M, Yono S, Shinohara Y, et al. Validation of the Japanese version of the Central Sensitization Inventory in patients with musculoskeletal disorders. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0188719 pubmed publisher..The finding of the prevalence rates of CS severity levels in patients with musculoskeletal disorders may help clinicians to decide strategy of treatment. ..
- Hubacek J, Stuber F, Frohlich D, Book M, Wetegrove S, Ritter M, et al. Gene variants of the bactericidal/permeability increasing protein and lipopolysaccharide binding protein in sepsis patients: gender-specific genetic predisposition to sepsis. Crit Care Med. 2001;29:557-61 pubmed..These data support the important immunomodulatory role of LBP in Gram-negative sepsis and suggest that genetic testing may be helpful for the identification of patients with an unfavorable response to Gram-negative infection. ..
- Gray P, Flaggs G, Leong S, Gumina R, Weiss J, Ooi C, et al. Cloning of the cDNA of a human neutrophil bactericidal protein. Structural and functional correlations. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:9505-9 pubmedThe bactericidal permeability increasing protein (BPI) is a 50-60-kDa membrane-associated protein isolated from granules of polymorphonuclear leukocytes...
- Espinoza J, Chaiworapongsa T, Romero R, Edwin S, Rathnasabapathy C, Gomez R, et al. Antimicrobial peptides in amniotic fluid: defensins, calprotectin and bacterial/permeability-increasing protein in patients with microbial invasion of the amniotic cavity, intra-amniotic inflammation, preterm labor and premature rupture of membranes. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2003;13:2-21 pubmed
- Lennartsson A, Pieters K, Vidovic K, Gullberg U. A murine antibacterial ortholog to human bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein (BPI) is expressed in testis, epididymis, and bone marrow. J Leukoc Biol. 2005;77:369-77 pubmed..In conclusion, it was demonstrated that mouse neutrophils store BPI with antibacterial activity and that murine BPI is also expressed in testis and epididymis. ..
- Azuma M, Matsuo A, Fujimoto Y, Fukase K, Hazeki K, Hazeki O, et al. Inhibition of lipid A-mediated type I interferon induction by bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein (BPI). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;354:574-8 pubmed..BPI may serve as a therapeutic potential against endotoxin shock by acting as a regulator for the MyD88- and TICAM-1 pathways in the LPS-TLR4 signaling. ..
- Can G, AkÄ±n H, Ã–zdemir F, Can H, YÄ±lmaz B, Eren F, et al. Bactericidal permeability increasing protein gene polymorphism is associated with inflammatory bowel diseases in the Turkish population. Saudi J Gastroenterol. 2015;21:239-44 pubmed publisher..As a part of the innate immune system, bactericidal permeability increasing protein has an important role in the recognition and neutralization of gram-negative bacteria...
- Walton D, Putos J, Beattie T, MacDermid J. Confirmatory factor analysis of 2 versions of the Brief Pain Inventory in an ambulatory population indicates that sleep interference should be interpreted separately. Scand J Pain. 2016;12:110-116 pubmed publisher..The combined results lead us to endorse a 3-factor structure (Physical, Affective, and Sleep Interference) as the more statistically and conceptually sound option. ..
- Chin B, Ramji M, Farrokhyar F, Bain J. Efficient Imaging: Examining the Value of Ultrasound in the Diagnosis of Traumatic Adult Brachial Plexus Injuries, A Systematic Review. Neurosurgery. 2017;: pubmed publisher..While magnetic resonance imaging is the current imaging modality of choice for BPI, ultrasound is a promising newcomer that is inexpensive, accessible, and available at point of care...
- Canny G, Levy O, Furuta G, Narravula Alipati S, Sisson R, Serhan C, et al. Lipid mediator-induced expression of bactericidal/ permeability-increasing protein (BPI) in human mucosal epithelia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:3902-7 pubmed..These studies identify a previously unappreciated "molecular shield" for protection of mucosal surfaces against Gram-negative bacteria and their endotoxin. ..
- Hubacek J, Pitha J, Skodova Z, Adamkova V, Podrapska I, Schmitz G, et al. Polymorphisms in the lipopolysaccharide-binding protein and bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein in patients with myocardial infarction. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2002;40:1097-100 pubmed..Genotype frequencies in the LBP gene and BPI gene did not differ between MI patients and control individuals. Our findings suggest that LBP and BPI polymorphisms do not influence the risk of MI. ..
- Alizadeh Khoei M, Sharifi F, Akbari M, Fadayevatan R, Haghi M. Iranian Brief Pain Inventory: Validation and Application in Elderly People With Cancer Pain. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2017;54:563-569 pubmed publisher..608). Two factors were extracted in exploratory factor analyses, and they explained 73.86% of total variance. The BPI-IR is a reliable and valid tool for assessing pain among older adults with cancer. ..
- Michalek J, Svetlikova P, Fedora M, Klimovic M, Klapacova L, Bartosova D, et al. Bactericidal permeability increasing protein gene variants in children with sepsis. Intensive Care Med. 2007;33:2158-64 pubmedTo evaluate the role of genetic polymorphisms of the bactericidal permeability increasing protein (BPI) in pediatric patients with sepsis...
- Holweg A, Schnare M, Gessner A. The bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein (BPI) in the innate defence of the lower airways. Biochem Soc Trans. 2011;39:1045-50 pubmed publisher..In the present review, we highlight possible functions of BPI during acute pneumonia and CF (cystic fibrosis)-associated chronic infections in the lung. ..
- Spinetti G, Sangalli E, Specchia C, Villa F, Spinelli C, Pipolo R, et al. The expression of the BPIFB4 and CXCR4 associates with sustained health in long-living individuals from Cilento-Italy. Aging (Albany NY). 2017;9:370-380 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, BPIFB4 and CXCR4 expression classify LLIs health status that correlates with maintained MNCs migration. ..
- Chen Y, Camp P, Coxson H, Road J, Guenette J, Hunt M, et al. A Comparison of Pain, Fatigue, Dyspnea and their Impact on Quality of Life in Pulmonary Rehabilitation Participants with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. COPD. 2017;:1-8 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, management of COPD should include a multifaceted approach that addresses pain as well as dyspnea and fatigue...
- Rapo PylkkÃ¶ S, HaanpÃ¤Ã¤ M, Liira H. A one-year follow-up study of chronic pain in community-dwelling older adults with and without neuropathic pain. BMC Geriatr. 2017;17:152 pubmed publisher..At the individual level, both relief and exacerbation of pain were observed, supporting the notion that pain is not inevitable and unremitting among older adults. ..
- Wein B, Coslovsky M, Jabbari R, Galatius S, Pfisterer M, Kaiser C. Prasugrel vs. clopidogrel in contemporary Western European patients with acute coronary syndromes receiving drug-eluting stents: Comparative cost-effectiveness analysis from the BASKET-PROVE cohorts. Int J Cardiol. 2017;248:20-27 pubmed publisher..At current drug prices, clopidogrel use resulted in an economically dominant treatment strategy in Western European patients. ..
- Gabay J, Scott R, Campanelli D, Griffith J, Wilde C, Marra M, et al. Antibiotic proteins of human polymorphonuclear leukocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:5610-4 pubmed..The other, named azurocidin, was abundant and comparable to bactericidal permeability-increasing factor in its contribution to the killing of Escherichia coli. ..
- Gray P, Corcorran A, Eddy R, Byers M, Shows T. The genes for the lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP) and the bactericidal permeability increasing protein (BPI) are encoded in the same region of human chromosome 20. Genomics. 1993;15:188-90 pubmed..In addition to their functional relationship, both proteins share extensive structural similarity. This article demonstrates that the genes for both proteins are in the same region of human chromosome 20, between q11.23 and q12. ..
- Hubacek J, Büchler C, Aslanidis C, Schmitz G. The genomic organization of the genes for human lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP) and bactericidal permeability increasing protein (BPI) is highly conserved. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;236:427-30 pubmed..the exon/intron organization of the human lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP) and bactericidal permeability increasing protein (BPI) genes. The LBP gene spans approximately 28.5 kb and is composed of 14 exons while the 31...