Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: B4GALT5
Description: beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase 5
Alias: B4Gal-T5, BETA4-GALT-IV, beta4Gal-T5, beta4GalT-V, gt-V, beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase 5, UDP-Gal:beta-GlcNAc beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase 5, UDP-Gal:betaGlcNAc beta 1,4-galactosyltransferase, polypeptide 5, UDP-galactose:beta-N-acetylglucosamine beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase 5, beta-1,4-GalT II, beta-1,4-GalT IV, beta-1,4-GalTase 5, beta-1.4-galactosyltransferase V, beta4-GalT IV
- Jiang J, Chen X, Shen J, Wei Y, Wu T, Yang Y, et al. Beta1,4-galactosyltransferase V functions as a positive growth regulator in glioma. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:9482-9 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that GalT V functioned as a novel glioma growth activator and might represent a novel target in glioma therapy. ..
- Sato T, Furukawa K. Transcriptional regulation of the human beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase V gene in cancer cells: essential role of transcription factor Sp1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:39574-83 pubmed..These results indicate that Sp1 plays an essential role in the transcriptional activity of the beta-1,4-GalT V gene in cancer cells. ..
- Sato T, Furukawa K. Sequential action of Ets-1 and Sp1 in the activation of the human beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase V gene involved in abnormal glycosylation characteristic of cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:27702-12 pubmed..These results indicate that Ets-1 enhances expression of the beta-1,4-GalT V gene through activation of the Sp1 gene in cancer cells. ..
- Kitayama K, Hayashida Y, Nishida K, Akama T. Enzymes responsible for synthesis of corneal keratan sulfate glycosaminoglycans. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:30085-96 pubmed
- Sato T, Furukawa K. [Regulation of human ?-1,4-galactosyltransferase V gene expression in cancer cells]. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2012;132:691-7 pubmed..Also, a perspective on applications of the manipulation of transcription factor genes to cancer therapy will be discussed. ..
- Zhou H, Ma H, Wei W, Ji D, Song X, Sun J, et al. B4GALT family mediates the multidrug resistance of human leukemia cells by regulating the hedgehog pathway and the expression of p-glycoprotein and multidrug resistance-associated protein 1. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e654 pubmed publisher..The results revealed that B4GALT1 and B4GALT5 were highly expressed in four MDR cells and patients, altered levels of B4GALT1 and B4GALT5 were responsible for ..