Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATP6V1A
Description: ATPase H+ transporting V1 subunit A
Alias: ARCL2D, ATP6A1, ATP6V1A1, HO68, VA68, VPP2, Vma1, V-type proton ATPase catalytic subunit A, ATPase, H+ transporting, lysosomal 70kDa, V1 subunit A, ATPase, H+ transporting, lysosomal, subunit A1, H(+)-transporting two-sector ATPase, subunit A, H+-transporting ATPase chain A, vacuolar (VA68 type), V-ATPase 69 kDa subunit 1, V-ATPase A subunit 1, V-ATPase subunit A, vacuolar ATP synthase catalytic subunit A, ubiquitous isoform, vacuolar ATPase isoform VA68, vacuolar proton pump alpha subunit 1, vacuolar proton pump subunit alpha
- Huang T, Huang X, Yao M. miR-143 inhibits intracellular salmonella growth by targeting ATP6V1A in macrophage cells in pig. Res Vet Sci. 2018;117:138-143 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study is to verify the regulation effect of miR-143 on ATP6V1A and its functions in the intracellular growth of Salmonella...
- Wang P, Wang L, Sha J, Lou G, Lu N, Hang B, et al. Expression and Transcriptional Regulation of Human ATP6V1A Gene in Gastric Cancers. Sci Rep. 2017;7:3015 pubmed publisher..Here we investigated the expression and role of the human ATP6V1A gene that encodes the catalytic subunit A of V-ATPase in GC...
- Nakadera E, Yamashina S, Izumi K, Inami Y, Sato T, Fukushima H, et al. Inhibition of mTOR improves the impairment of acidification in autophagic vesicles caused by hepatic steatosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;469:1104-10 pubmed publisher..1 Â± 3.48%). Both protein and RNA level of V-ATPase subunits ATP6v1a, ATP6v1b, ATP6v1d in isolated lysosomes were suppressed in KKAy mice as compared to control...
- Peng S, Wang J, Wei S, Li C, Zhou K, Hu J, et al. Endogenous Cellular MicroRNAs Mediate Antiviral Defense against Influenza A Virus. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids. 2018;10:361-375 pubmed publisher..PR8 (H1N1) virus, whereas hsa-miR-1-3p inhibited viral replication by targeting the supportive host factor ATP6V1A. Moreover, the number of miRNA binding sites in viral RNA segments was positively associated with the activity of ..
- Feng M, Li Y, Chen X, Wei Q, Wu W, Hu Z. Comparative Proteomic Analysis of the Effect of Periplocoside P from Periploca sepium on Brush Border Membrane Vesicles in Midgut Epithelium of Mythimna separata Larvae. Toxins (Basel). 2017;10: pubmed publisher..Through real-time polymerase chain reaction assay, we confirmed that vma1 expression is significantly up-regulated expression levels in PSP-treated M. separata larvae...
- Ip Y, Hiong K, Lim L, Choo C, Boo M, Wong W, et al. Molecular characterization, light-dependent expression, and cellular localization of a host vacuolar-type H+-ATPase (VHA) subunit A in the giant clam, Tridacna squamosa, indicate the involvement of the host VHA in the uptake of inorganic carbon and i. Gene. 2018;659:137-148 pubmed publisher..We had cloned the cDNA coding sequence of a Vacuolar-type Proton ATPase (VHA) subunit A, ATP6V1A, from T...
- Terayama H, Hirai S, Naito M, Qu N, Katagiri C, Nagahori K, et al. Specific autoantigens identified by sera obtained from mice that are immunized with testicular germ cells alone. Sci Rep. 2016;6:35599 pubmed publisher..These results indicated Atp6v1a, Hsc70t, Fbp1 and Dazap1 were candidates for TGC-specific AIs...
- Thiel C, Hauschild S, Huge A, Tauber S, Lauber B, Polzer J, et al. Dynamic gene expression response to altered gravity in human T cells. Sci Rep. 2017;7:5204 pubmed publisher..three gravity-regulated genes which could be cross-validated in both completely independent experiment missions: ATP6V1A/D, a vacuolar H + -ATPase (V-ATPase) responsible for acidification during bone resorption, IGHD3-3/IGHD3-10, ..
- Miles A, Burr S, Grice G, Nathan J. The vacuolar-ATPase complex and assembly factors, TMEM199 and CCDC115, control HIF1? prolyl hydroxylation by regulating cellular iron levels. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Iron supplementation directly restores PHD catalytic activity following V-ATPase inhibition, revealing important links between the V-ATPase, iron metabolism and HIFs. ..
- Finbow M, Harrison M. The vacuolar H+-ATPase: a universal proton pump of eukaryotes. Biochem J. 1997;324 ( Pt 3):697-712 pubmed..The structure of the membrane sector is known in some detail, and it is possible to begin to suggest how proton pumping is coupled to ATP hydrolysis. ..
- Oehlke O, Martin H, Osterberg N, Roussa E. Rab11b and its effector Rip11 regulate the acidosis-induced traffic of V-ATPase in salivary ducts. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:638-51 pubmed publisher..These data introduce Rab11b as a crucial regulator and Rip11 as mediator of acidosis-induced V-ATPase traffic in duct cells of submandibular gland...
- Stevens T, Forgac M. Structure, function and regulation of the vacuolar (H+)-ATPase. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol. 1997;13:779-808 pubmed..Recent information concerning targeting and regulation of V-ATPases has also been obtained. ..
- Nishi T, Forgac M. The vacuolar (H+)-ATPases--nature's most versatile proton pumps. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2002;3:94-103 pubmed..Recent advances in our understanding of the structure and regulation of the V-ATPases, together with the mapping of human genetic defects to genes that encode V-ATPase subunits, have led to tremendous excitement in this field. ..
- Van Damme T, Gardeitchik T, Mohamed M, Guerrero Castillo S, Freisinger P, Guillemyn B, et al. Mutations in ATP6V1E1 or ATP6V1A Cause Autosomal-Recessive Cutis Laxa. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;100:216-227 pubmed publisher..facial features, and cardiopulmonary involvement identified biallelic missense mutations in ATP6V1E1 and ATP6V1A, which encode the E1 and A subunits, respectively, of the V1 domain of the heteromultimeric V-ATPase ..
- Liu P, Chen H, Han L, Zou X, Shen W. Expression and role of V1A subunit of V-ATPases in gastric cancer cells. Int J Clin Oncol. 2015;20:725-35 pubmed publisher..V1A subunit of V-ATPases can be a prognostic indicator for poor outcome and is a therapeutic target in gastric cancer. ..
- van Hille B, Richener H, Green J, Bilbe G. The ubiquitous VA68 isoform of subunit A of the vacuolar H(+)-ATPase is highly expressed in human osteoclasts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;214:1108-13 pubmed..Two isoforms of subunit A, VA68 and HO68, were cloned from an osteoclastoma cDNA library...
- Höhn A, Sittig A, Jung T, Grimm S, Grune T. Lipofuscin is formed independently of macroautophagy and lysosomal activity in stress-induced prematurely senescent human fibroblasts. Free Radic Biol Med. 2012;53:1760-9 pubmed publisher..However, such an inhibition is accompanied by an enhanced toxicity of the formed protein aggregates. Furthermore, it could be proven that macroautophagy is responsible for the uptake of lipofuscin into the lysosomes. ..
- Lu M, Ammar D, Ives H, Albrecht F, Gluck S. Physical interaction between aldolase and vacuolar H+-ATPase is essential for the assembly and activity of the proton pump. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:24495-503 pubmed..Taken together, these findings strongly suggest an important role for physical association between aldolase and V-ATPase in the regulation of the proton pump. ..
- Morel N. Neurotransmitter release: the dark side of the vacuolar-H+ATPase. Biol Cell. 2003;95:453-7 pubmed
- Smith A, Lovering R, Futai M, Takeda J, Brown D, Karet F. Revised nomenclature for mammalian vacuolar-type H+ -ATPase subunit genes. Mol Cell. 2003;12:801-3 pubmed..We present the official new system for these genes, approved by both Human and Mouse Gene Nomenclature Committees. ..
- Kawasaki Nishi S, Nishi T, Forgac M. Proton translocation driven by ATP hydrolysis in V-ATPases. FEBS Lett. 2003;545:76-85 pubmed..This review is focused on the current structural knowledge of the V-ATPases as it relates to the mechanism of ATP-driven proton translocation. ..
- Christian S, McDonough J, Liu Cy C, Shaikh S, Vlamakis V, Badner J, et al. An evaluation of the assembly of an approximately 15-Mb region on human chromosome 13q32-q33 linked to bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Genomics. 2002;79:635-56 pubmed..Overall, integration of the data from multiple sources is still needed for complete assembly of the 13q32-q33 region. (c) ..
- Chang S, Park S, Kim S, Kang C. Interaction of the C-terminal domain of p43 and the alpha subunit of ATP synthase. Its functional implication in endothelial cell proliferation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:8388-94 pubmed..These results suggest the potential interaction of p43/EMAP II with alpha-ATP synthase and its role in the proliferation of endothelial cells. ..
- Wieczorek H, Brown D, Grinstein S, Ehrenfeld J, Harvey W. Animal plasma membrane energization by proton-motive V-ATPases. Bioessays. 1999;21:637-48 pubmed..Awareness of plasma membrane energization by V-ATPases provides new perspectives for basic science and presents new opportunities for medicine and agriculture. ..
- Kane P. Introduction: V-ATPases 1992-1998. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 1999;31:3-5 pubmed
- Nelson N, Harvey W. Vacuolar and plasma membrane proton-adenosinetriphosphatases. Physiol Rev. 1999;79:361-85 pubmed..Similarly, some brown and red alga maintain internal pH as low as 0.1 in their vacuoles. One of the outstanding questions in the field is how such a conserved enzyme as the V-ATPase can fulfill such diverse functions...
- van Hille B, Richener H, Evans D, Green J, Bilbe G. Identification of two subunit A isoforms of the vacuolar H(+)-ATPase in human osteoclastoma. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:7075-80 pubmed..b>HO68 is a cDNA of 3.1 kilobase pairs, corresponding to a mRNA of approximately 3...
- Martins de Souza D, Gattaz W, Schmitt A, Maccarrone G, Hunyadi Gulyas E, Eberlin M, et al. Proteomic analysis of dorsolateral prefrontal cortex indicates the involvement of cytoskeleton, oligodendrocyte, energy metabolism and new potential markers in schizophrenia. J Psychiatr Res. 2009;43:978-86 pubmed publisher..Our data not only reinforces the involvement of proteins previously implicated in schizophrenia, but also suggests new markers, providing further information to foster the comprehension of this important disease. ..
- Adachi K, Oiwa K, Nishizaka T, Furuike S, Noji H, Itoh H, et al. Coupling of rotation and catalysis in F(1)-ATPase revealed by single-molecule imaging and manipulation. Cell. 2007;130:309-21 pubmed..This and other results suggest that the affinity for ADP also decreases with rotation, and thus ADP release contributes part of energy for rotation. Together with previous results, the coupling scheme is now basically complete. ..