Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATP1B3
Description: ATPase Na+/K+ transporting subunit beta 3
Alias: ATPB-3, CD298, sodium/potassium-transporting ATPase subunit beta-3, ATPase, Na+/K+ transporting, beta 3 polypeptide, Na, K-ATPase beta-3 polypeptide, sodium pump subunit beta-3, sodium-potassium ATPase subunit beta 3 (non-catalytic), sodium/potassium-dependent ATPase subunit beta-3, sodium/potassium-transporting ATPase beta-3 chain
- Nishitsuji H, Sugiyama R, Abe M, Takaku H. ATP1B3 Protein Modulates the Restriction of HIV-1 Production and Nuclear Factor κ Light Chain Enhancer of Activated B Cells (NF-κB) Activation by BST-2. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:4754-62 pubmed publisherHere, we identify ATP1B3 and fibrillin-1 as novel BST-2-binding proteins...
- Mesri M, Birse C, Heidbrink J, McKinnon K, Brand E, Bermingham C, et al. Identification and characterization of angiogenesis targets through proteomic profiling of endothelial cells in human cancer tissues. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78885 pubmed publisher..of a panel of the identified targets were confirmed by immunohistochemistry (IHC) including CD146, B7H3, Thy-1 and ATP1B3. To determine if the proteins identified mediate any functional role, we performed siRNA studies which led to ..
- Zhao B, Velasco K, Sompallae R, Pfirrmann T, Masucci M, Lindsten K. The ubiquitin specific protease-4 (USP4) interacts with the S9/Rpn6 subunit of the proteasome. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;427:490-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, the interaction with USP4 may regulate the structure and function of the proteasome or the turnover of specific proteasomal substrates. ..
- Takahashi Y, Tsuruta S, Honda A, Fujiwara Y, Satoh M, Yasutake A. Effect of dental amalgam on gene expression profiles in rat cerebrum, cerebellum, liver and kidney. J Toxicol Sci. 2012;37:663-6 pubmed..Out of 26,962 rat genes, mercury vapor was found to increase the expression of 1 gene (Atp1b3) and decrease the expression of 1 gene (Tap1) in the cerebrum, increase the expression of 1 gene (Dnaja2) in the ..
- Lingrel J, Orlowski J, Shull M, Price E. Molecular genetics of Na,K-ATPase. Prog Nucleic Acid Res Mol Biol. 1990;38:37-89 pubmed
- Figtree G, Liu C, Bibert S, Hamilton E, Garcia A, White C, et al. Reversible oxidative modification: a key mechanism of Na+-K+ pump regulation. Circ Res. 2009;105:185-93 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for pathophysiological conditions characterized by neurohormonal dysregulation, myocardial oxidative stress and raised myocyte Na(+) levels...
- Chiampanichayakul S, Khunkaewla P, Pata S, Kasinrerk W. Na, K ATPase beta3 subunit (CD298): association with alpha subunit and expression on peripheral blood cells. Tissue Antigens. 2006;68:509-17 pubmed..This mAb was shown to react with the Na, K ATPase beta3 subunit or CD298. By immunofluorescence analysis using mAb P-3E10, it was found that all peripheral blood leukocytes express Na, K ..
- Heller M, von der Ohe M, Kleene R, Mohajeri M, Schachner M. The immunoglobulin-superfamily molecule basigin is a binding protein for oligomannosidic carbohydrates: an anti-idiotypic approach. J Neurochem. 2003;84:557-65 pubmed..To our knowledge this is the first report that anti-idiotypic antibodies can be used to identify binding partners for carbohydrates. ..
- Chiampanichayakul S, Szekeres A, Khunkaewla P, Moonsom S, Leksa V, Drbal K, et al. Engagement of Na,K-ATPase beta3 subunit by a specific mAb suppresses T and B lymphocyte activation. Int Immunol. 2002;14:1407-14 pubmed..By using a retroviral cloning system, the P-3E10 antigen was cloned. Sequence analysis revealed the P-3E10 antigen to be identical to the beta3 subunit of the Na,K-ATPase. ..
- Crambert G, Hasler U, Beggah A, Yu C, Modyanov N, Horisberger J, et al. Transport and pharmacological properties of nine different human Na, K-ATPase isozymes. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:1976-86 pubmed..In conclusion, our study reveals several new functional characteristics of human Na,K-ATPase isozymes which help to better understand their role in ion homeostasis in different tissues and in digitalis action and toxicity. ..
- Malik N, Canfield V, Sanchez Watts G, Watts A, Scherer S, Beatty B, et al. Structural organization and chromosomal localization of the human Na,K-ATPase beta 3 subunit gene and pseudogene. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:136-43 pubmedWe have cloned and characterized the Na,K-ATPase beta 3 subunit gene (ATP1B3), and a beta 3 subunit pseudogene (ATP1B3P1), from a human PAC genomic library. The beta 3 subunit gene is > 50 kb in size and is split into 7 exons...
- Malik N, Canfield V, Beckers M, Gros P, Levenson R. Identification of the mammalian Na,K-ATPase 3 subunit. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:22754-8 pubmed..Identification of the mammalian beta3 subunit suggests an even greater potential for Na,K-ATPase isoenzyme diversity than previously realized. ..
- Jørgensen P. Mechanism of the Na+, K+ pump. Protein structure and conformations of the pure (Na+ +K+)-ATPase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1982;694:27-68 pubmed
- Aughey R, Murphy K, Clark S, Garnham A, Snow R, Cameron Smith D, et al. Muscle Na+-K+-ATPase activity and isoform adaptations to intense interval exercise and training in well-trained athletes. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2007;103:39-47 pubmed..The Na+ -K+ -ATPase mRNA response to interval exercise of increased alpha- but not beta-mRNA was largely preserved posttrain, suggesting a functional role of alpha mRNA upregulation. ..