Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATP11C
Description: ATPase phospholipid transporting 11C
Alias: ATPIG, ATPIQ, phospholipid-transporting ATPase IG, ATPase, class VI, type 11C, P4-ATPase flippase complex alpha subunit ATP11C
- Segawa K, Kurata S, Nagata S. The CDC50A extracellular domain is required for forming a functional complex with and chaperoning phospholipid flippases to the plasma membrane. J Biol Chem. 2018;293:2172-2182 pubmed publisher..One mammalian phospholipid flippase at the plasma membrane is ATP11C, a type IV P-type ATPase (P4-ATPase) that forms a heterocomplex with the transmembrane protein CDC50A...
- Takada N, Takatsu H, Miyano R, Nakayama K, Shin H. ATP11C mutation is responsible for the defect in phosphatidylserine uptake in UPS-1 cells. J Lipid Res. 2015;56:2151-7 pubmed publisher..We and others previously showed that ATP11C, a member of the P4-ATPases, translocates phosphatidylserine (PS) at the plasma membrane...
- Takatsu H, Takayama M, Naito T, Takada N, Tsumagari K, Ishihama Y, et al. Phospholipid flippase ATP11C is endocytosed and downregulated following Ca2+-mediated protein kinase C activation. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1423 pubmed publisherWe and others showed that ATP11A and ATP11C, members of the P4-ATPase family, translocate phosphatidylserine (PS) and phosphatidylethanolamine from the exoplasmic to the cytoplasmic leaflets at the plasma membrane...
- Takatsu H, Baba K, Shima T, Umino H, Kato U, Umeda M, et al. ATP9B, a P4-ATPase (a putative aminophospholipid translocase), localizes to the trans-Golgi network in a CDC50 protein-independent manner. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:38159-67 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that class 5 (ATP10A, ATP10B, and ATP10D) and class 6 (ATP11A, ATP11B, and ATP11C) P4-ATPases require CDC50 proteins, primarily CDC50A, for their exit from the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and final ..
- Andrew Nesbit M, Bowl M, Harding B, Schlessinger D, Whyte M, Thakker R. X-linked hypoparathyroidism region on Xq27 is evolutionarily conserved with regions on 3q26 and 13q34 and contains a novel P-type ATPase. Genomics. 2004;84:1060-70 pubmed..AS6 was identified as the 3' UTR of ATP11C, a novel member of the P-type ATPases, which consists of 31 exons with alternative transcripts...
- Arashiki N, Takakuwa Y, Mohandas N, Hale J, Yoshida K, Ogura H, et al. ATP11C is a major flippase in human erythrocytes and its defect causes congenital hemolytic anemia. Haematologica. 2016;101:559-65 pubmed publisher..Herein, we report that ATP11C encodes a major flippase in human erythrocytes, and a genetic mutation identified in a male patient caused ..
- Liu L, Zhang L, Zhang L, Yang F, Zhu X, Lu Z, et al. Hepatic Tmem30a Deficiency Causes Intrahepatic Cholestasis by Impairing Expression and Localization of Bile Salt Transporters. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:2775-2787 pubmed publisherMutations in ATP8B1 or ATP11C (members of P4-type ATPases) cause progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis type 1 in human or intrahepatic cholestasis in mice...
- Paulusma C, Oude Elferink R. The type 4 subfamily of P-type ATPases, putative aminophospholipid translocases with a role in human disease. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1741:11-24 pubmed
- Segawa K, Kurata S, Nagata S. Human Type IV P-type ATPases That Work as Plasma Membrane Phospholipid Flippases and Their Regulation by Caspase and Calcium. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:762-72 pubmed publisher..Mammalian ATP11C, a type IV P-type ATPase, acts as a flippase at the plasma membrane...
- Yokoi H, Hadano S, Kogi M, Kang X, Wakasa K, Ikeda J. Isolation of expressed sequences encoded by the human Xq terminal portion using microclone probes generated by laser microdissection. Genomics. 1994;20:404-11 pubmed..3-qter contained an open reading frame of 281 amino acids and was expressed in every tissue tested. This gene, as well as others isolated in this manner, may prove to be a candidate gene for heritable disorders mapping to this region. ..
- Segawa K, Kurata S, Yanagihashi Y, Brummelkamp T, Matsuda F, Nagata S. Caspase-mediated cleavage of phospholipid flippase for apoptotic phosphatidylserine exposure. Science. 2014;344:1164-8 pubmed publisher..Using a haploid genetic screen in human cells, we found that ATP11C (adenosine triphosphatase type 11C) and CDC50A (cell division cycle protein 50A) are required for ..
- Matsuzaka Y, Hayashi H, Kusuhara H. Impaired Hepatic Uptake by Organic Anion-Transporting Polypeptides Is Associated with Hyperbilirubinemia and Hypercholanemia in Atp11c Mutant Mice. Mol Pharmacol. 2015;88:1085-92 pubmed publisher..We investigated the involvement of Atp11c in the hepatic transport of organic anions using Atp11c mutant mice, which exhibit hypercholanemia and ..
- Halleck M, Lawler JF J, Blackshaw S, Gao L, Nagarajan P, Hacker C, et al. Differential expression of putative transbilayer amphipath transporters. Physiol Genomics. 1999;1:139-50 pubmed..These results suggest that the genes are expressed in a tissue-specific manner, are not simply redundant, and may represent isoforms that transport a variety of different amphipaths...