Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATP10A
Description: ATPase phospholipid transporting 10A (putative)
Alias: ATP10C, ATPVA, ATPVC, ATPase type IV, phospholipid transporting (P-type), ATPase, Class V, type 10C, ATPase, class V, type 10A, P4-ATPase flippase complex alpha subunit ATP10A, aminophospholipid translocase VA, phospholipid-transporting ATPase VA
- Halleck M, Lawler JF J, Blackshaw S, Gao L, Nagarajan P, Hacker C, et al. Differential expression of putative transbilayer amphipath transporters. Physiol Genomics. 1999;1:139-50 pubmed..These results suggest that the genes are expressed in a tissue-specific manner, are not simply redundant, and may represent isoforms that transport a variety of different amphipaths...
- Naito T, Takatsu H, Miyano R, Takada N, Nakayama K, Shin H. Phospholipid Flippase ATP10A Translocates Phosphatidylcholine and Is Involved in Plasma Membrane Dynamics. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:15004-17 pubmed publisher..Biol. Chem. 289, 33543-33556). Here, we show that the localization of class 5 P4-ATPases to the plasma membrane (ATP10A and ATP10D) and late endosomes (ATP10B) requires an interaction with CDC50A...
- Takatsu H, Baba K, Shima T, Umino H, Kato U, Umeda M, et al. ATP9B, a P4-ATPase (a putative aminophospholipid translocase), localizes to the trans-Golgi network in a CDC50 protein-independent manner. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:38159-67 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that class 5 (ATP10A, ATP10B, and ATP10D) and class 6 (ATP11A, ATP11B, and ATP11C) P4-ATPases require CDC50 proteins, primarily CDC50A, ..
- Dhar M, Hauser L, Johnson D. An aminophospholipid translocase associated with body fat and type 2 diabetes phenotypes. Obes Res. 2002;10:695-702 pubmed..Because the exact biological role and the subsequent relevance of these ATPases to obesity and diabetes are unknown, these data help to delineate the role of these genes in lipid/adipocyte metabolism. ..
- Irvin M, Wineinger N, Rice T, Pajewski N, Kabagambe E, Gu C, et al. Genome-wide detection of allele specific copy number variation associated with insulin resistance in African Americans from the HyperGEN study. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24052 pubmed publisher..7*10(-7)?P?1.1*10(-5)) near ATPase, class V, type 10A (ATP10A), and the L Type voltage dependent calcium channel (CACNA1D, rs1401492, P?5.2*10(-6))...
- Milagro F, Campion J, Cordero P, Goyenechea E, Gómez Uriz A, Abete I, et al. A dual epigenomic approach for the search of obesity biomarkers: DNA methylation in relation to diet-induced weight loss. FASEB J. 2011;25:1378-89 pubmed publisher..DNA methylation levels in several CpGs located in the ATP10A and CD44 genes showed statistical baseline differences depending on the weight-loss outcome...
- Guffanti G, Strik Lievers L, Bonati M, Marchi M, Geronazzo L, Nardocci N, et al. Role of UBE3A and ATP10A genes in autism susceptibility region 15q11-q13 in an Italian population: a positive replication for UBE3A. Psychiatry Res. 2011;185:33-8 pubmed publisher..We screened a set of markers spanning two known imprinted, maternally expressed genes, UBE3A and ATP10A, harboured in this candidate region...
- Meguro M, Kashiwagi A, Mitsuya K, Nakao M, Kondo I, Saitoh S, et al. A novel maternally expressed gene, ATP10C, encodes a putative aminophospholipid translocase associated with Angelman syndrome. Nat Genet. 2001;28:19-20 pubmed..We report here that a novel maternally expressed gene, ATP10C, maps within the most common interval of deletion and that ATP10C expression is virtually absent from AS patients ..
- Hogart A, Patzel K, LaSalle J. Gender influences monoallelic expression of ATP10A in human brain. Hum Genet. 2008;124:235-42 pubmed publisher..between human and mouse, yet inconsistencies exist in reports of imprinting of the maternally expressed gene Atp10a/ATP10A...
- Kato C, Tochigi M, Ohashi J, Koishi S, Kawakubo Y, Yamamoto K, et al. Association study of the 15q11-q13 maternal expression domain in Japanese autistic patients. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2008;147B:1008-12 pubmed publisher..the association between autism and the maternal expression domain (MED) in the region, containing the UBE3A and ATP10C genes, and the upstream imprinting center (IC), which mediates coordinate control of imprinted expression ..
- Herzing L, Kim S, Cook E, Ledbetter D. The human aminophospholipid-transporting ATPase gene ATP10C maps adjacent to UBE3A and exhibits similar imprinted expression. Am J Hum Genet. 2001;68:1501-5 pubmed..Here we describe the characterization of ATP10C, a new human imprinted gene, which encodes a putative protein homologous to the mouse aminophospholipid-..
- Gillessen Kaesbach G, Demuth S, Thiele H, Theile U, Lich C, Horsthemke B. A previously unrecognised phenotype characterised by obesity, muscular hypotonia, and ability to speak in patients with Angelman syndrome caused by an imprinting defect. Eur J Hum Genet. 1999;7:638-44 pubmed..We conclude that these patients have an imprinting defect and a previously unrecognised form of AS. The mild phenotype may be explained by an incomplete imprinting defect or by cellular mosaicism. ..