Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ASS1
Description: argininosuccinate synthase 1
Alias: ASS, CTLN1, argininosuccinate synthase, argininosuccinate synthetase 1, citrulline--aspartate ligase, citrulline-aspartate ligase
Publications165 found, 100 shown here
- Correction of argininosuccinate synthetase (AS) deficiency in a murine model of citrullinemia with recombinant adenovirus carrying human AS cDNAX Ye
Children s Research Institute, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Gene Ther 7:1777-82. 2000..We have explored the use of adenoviral vectors as a treatment modality in a murine model of citrullinemia, the Ass mouse. The Ass mouse has no endogenous AS activity due to a targeted interruption of the AS gene...
- Mild citrullinemia in Caucasians is an allelic variant of argininosuccinate synthetase deficiency (citrullinemia type 1)Johannes Haberle
Universitatsklinikum Munster, Klinik und Poliklinik für Kinderheilkunde, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Mol Genet Metab 80:302-6. 2003Citrullinemia is caused by either deficiency of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS, citrullinemia type 1) or a defect of the SLC25A13 gene encoding a mitochondrial aspartate-glutamate transporter (citrullinemia type II)...
- Slc25a13-knockout mice harbor metabolic deficits but fail to display hallmarks of adult-onset type II citrullinemiaDavid S Sinasac
Genetics and Genomic Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
Mol Cell Biol 24:527-36. 2004..The absence of citrin leads to a liver-specific, quantitative decrease of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), causing hyperammonemia and citrullinemia...
- [Adult-onset citrullinemia]Shu Ichi Ikeda
Department of Internal Medicine Neurology and Rheumatology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Brain Nerve 59:59-66. 2007..of citrulline and ammonia in the plasma, which is ascribed to a deficiency of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), one of the urea cycle enzymes mainly located in the liver...
- [Adult-onset citrullinemia]Shu Ichi Ikeda
Department of Internal Medicine Neurology and Rheumatology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, 3 1 1 Asahi, Matsumoto 390 8621, Japan
No To Shinkei 59:59-66. 2007..of citrulline and ammonia in the plasma, which is ascribed to a deficiency of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), one of the urea cycle enzymes mainly located in the liver...
- Identification of two novel mutations in the SLC25A13 gene and detection of seven mutations in 102 patients with adult-onset type II citrullinemiaT Yasuda
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
Hum Genet 107:537-45. 2000..type II citrullinemia (CTLN2) is characterized by a liver-specific deficiency of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) protein. We have recently identified the gene responsible for CTLN2, viz...
- Generation of a mouse model for citrullinemia by targeted disruption of the argininosuccinate synthetase geneG Patejunas
Institute for Molecular Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Somat Cell Mol Genet 20:55-60. 1994Argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) is a urea cycle enzyme that forms argininosuccinate from citrulline and aspartate. Mutations at the ASS locus in man cause the inherited disease, citrullinemia...
- Genomic structure of the adult-onset type II citrullinemia gene, SLC25A13, and cloning and expression of its mouse homologueD S Sinasac
Department of Genetics and Genomic Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Genomics 62:289-92. 1999Citrullinemia is an autosomal recessive disease characterized by an argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) deficiency...
- Arginine metabolism and the synthesis of nitric oxide in the nervous systemH Wiesinger
Physiologisch chemisches Institut der Universität, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 4, D 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Prog Neurobiol 64:365-91. 2001..Argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) and argininosuccinate lyase which together can recycle the NOS coproduct L-citrulline to L-arginine are expressed ..
- Pregnancy in a healthy woman with untreated citrullinemiaMurray A Potter
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Med Genet A 129:77-82. 2004..on a second successful pregnancy in a woman with citrullinemia due to argininosuccinate synthetase deficiency (CTLN1)...
- Mutation analysis of Korean patients with citrullinemiaK M Hong
Department of Biochemistry, Wonkwang University College of Medicine, Iksan, Korea
Mol Cells 10:465-8. 2000Citrullinemia is an autosomal recessive disease due to the mutations in the argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) gene. Mutation analysis was performed on three Korean patients with citrullinemia...
- Role of the L-citrulline/L-arginine cycle in iNANC nerve-mediated nitric oxide production and airway smooth muscle relaxation in allergic asthmaHarm Maarsingh
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, University Centre for Pharmacy, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharmacol 546:171-6. 2006..In NO-producing cells, L-citrulline can be recycled to L-arginine in a two-step reaction involving argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) and -lyase (ASL)...
- Almost all about citrulline in mammalsE Curis
Laboratoire de Biomathématiques, E A 2498, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Amino Acids 29:177-205. 2005..synthase (NOS) and ornithine carbamoyltransferase (OCT) which produce citrulline, and argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) that converts it into argininosuccinate...
- Assessment of the potential for displacement interactions with sugammadex: a pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modelling approachAlex Zwiers
Schering Plough Research Institute, a Division of MSD, Newhouse, Scotland, UK
Clin Drug Investig 31:101-11. 2011..Cyclodextrins are known to form inclusion complexes with other compounds...
- Effects of acute ammonia toxicity on nitric oxide (NO), citrulline-NO cycle enzymes, arginase and related metabolites in different regions of rat brainM Swamy
Department of Chemical Pathology, School of Medical Sciences, Health Campus, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 16150 Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia
Neurosci Res 53:116-22. 2005..by-product of the NOS reaction, can be recycled to arginine by successive actions of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) and argininosuccinate lyase (ASL) via the citrulline-NO cycle...
- The evolution of aging: a new approach to an old problem of biologyJ T Bowles
Med Hypotheses 51:179-221. 1998..This advantage of aging led to the evolution of aging systems (ASs). Periodic predation was the most prevalent episodic selection pressure in evolution...
- Argininosuccinate synthetase and argininosuccinate lyase: two ornithine cycle enzymes from Agaricus bisporusMatthijs J M Wagemaker
Department of Microbiology, IWWR, Radboud University Nijmegen, Toernooiveld 1, NL 6525 ED Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Mycol Res 111:493-502. 2007..Argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) and argininosuccinate lyase (ASL) are two ornithine cycle enzymes catalysing the last two steps in the arginine ..
- Alterations in glomerular anionic sites in canine anti-glomerular basement membrane nephritis with onset of severe proteinuriaJ Sugimoto
Mitsubishi Kasei Corporation, Research Center, School of Veterinary Medicine, Azabu University, Yokohama, Japan
Toxicol Pathol 22:316-23. 1994..Alterations of anionic sites (ASs) of glomerular basement membrane (GBM) in peripheral, proximal, and paramesangial portions were studied ..
- Brain nitric oxide production by a proline-rich decapeptide from Bothrops jararaca venom improves baroreflex sensitivity of spontaneously hypertensive ratsClaudiana Lameu
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hypertens Res 33:1283-8. 2010..of nitric oxide (NO), which is synthesized by NO synthase (NOS) in the citrulline-NO cycle (with argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) activity being the rate-limiting step), contributes to impaired baroreflex...
- Argininosuccinate synthetase is a functional target for a snake venom anti-hypertensive peptide: role in arginine and nitric oxide productionJuliano R Guerreiro
Center for Applied Toxinology CAT CEPID, Instituto Butantan, SP 05503 900, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Biol Chem 284:20022-33. 2009..for kidney cytosolic proteins with affinity for Bj-BPP-10c and demonstrate that argininosuccinate synthetase (AsS) is the major protein binding to the peptide...
- Reduced argininosuccinate synthetase is a predictive biomarker for the development of pulmonary metastasis in patients with osteosarcomaEisuke Kobayashi
Chemotherapy Division, National Cancer Centre Research Institute, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Cancer Ther 9:535-44. 2010..We identified argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) as a gene differentially expressed with the highest statistical significance (Welch's t test, P = 2.2 x 10(-5))...
- Evaluation of endogenous nitric oxide synthesis in congenital urea cycle enzyme defectsHironori Nagasaka
Division of Metabolism, Chiba Children s Hospital, Chiba 266 0007, Japan
Metabolism 58:278-82. 2009..NOS reaction, can be recycled to arginine by the 2 enzymes acting in the urea cycle: argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) and argininosuccinate lyase (ASL)...
- [Effects of high sodium intake on ventricular remodeling in mice]P V Ennezat
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 91:935-9. 1998..6%: 0.64 +/- 0.01, 2%: 0.62 +/- 0.08 and 4%: 0.67 +/- 0.03 mm respectively) but LV septal wall thickness ass increased in a salt diet dependent manner (0.6%: 0.63 +/- 0.01, 2%: 0.75 +/- 0.01, 4%: 0.80 +/- 0.02 mm, p < 0...
- Cosegregation of open-angle glaucoma and the nail-patella syndromeP R Lichter
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48105, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 124:506-15. 1997..To evaluate two families ascertained only for the presence of glaucoma in which both nail-patella syndrome and glaucoma occur in several generations and to determine whether the two diseases are genetically related...
- Identification and preliminary validation of novel biomarkers of acute hepatic ischaemia/reperfusion injury using dual-platform proteomic/degradomic approachesS I Svetlov
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Mechanisims of Injury, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Biomarkers 11:355-69. 2006..liquid chromatography-tandem mass-spectrometry, we identified several hepatic proteins, including argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) and estrogen sulfotransferase (EST-1), which were degraded in the liver and rapidly released into ..
- Genetic variation in the urea cycle: a model resource for investigating key candidate genes for common diseasesSabrina Mitchell
Center for Human Genetics Research, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Hum Mutat 30:56-60. 2009..cycle: carbamoyl-phosphate synthetase 1 (CPS1), ornithine transcarbamylase (OTC), argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS1), argininosuccinate lyase (ASL), and arginase 1 (ARG1)...
- Pancreatic cancer cell lines deficient in argininosuccinate synthetase are sensitive to arginine deprivation by arginine deiminaseTawnya L Bowles
Department of Surgery, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Int J Cancer 123:1950-5. 2008..the non-essential amino acid arginine from aspartate and citrulline using the enzyme argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS)...
- Activated microglia cells express argininosuccinate synthetase and argininosuccinate lyase in the rat brain after transient ischemiaElisa Bizzoco
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Forensic Medicine, Section of Histology, University of Florence, Viale Pieraccini, 6, 50139 Florence, Italy
Exp Neurol 208:100-9. 2007Argininosuccinate-synthetase (ASS), argininosuccinate-lyase (ASL) and nitric oxide synthase (NOS) act in the l-arginine-NO-l-citrulline cycle...
- Effects of crowding on ornithine-urea cycle enzyme mRNA expression and activity in gulf toadfish (Opsanus beta)Tammy Laberge
Division of Marine Biology and Fisheries, Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, University of Miami, 4600 Rickenbacker Causeway, Miami, FL 33149, USA
J Exp Biol 212:2394-402. 2009..Quantitative PCR was utilized to determine liver GS, CPS, OCT, ARG, argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) and argininosuccinate lyase (ASL) mRNA expression...
- Transient ischemia increases neuronal nitric oxide synthase, argininosuccinate synthetase and argininosuccinate lyase co-expression in rat striatal neuronsElisa Bizzoco
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Forensic Medicine, Section of Histology, University of Florence, Viale G Pieraccini, 6, 50134 Florence, Italy
Exp Neurol 204:252-9. 2007..Argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), argininosuccinate lyase (ASL) and nNOS act in the L-arginine-NO-L-citrulline cycle permitting a correct NO ..
- Long-chain fatty acids suppress the induction of urea cycle enzyme genes by glucocorticoid actionM Tomomura
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Sakuragaoka, Japan
FEBS Lett 399:310-2. 1996..effects of fatty acids on urea cycle enzyme, carbamoylphosphate synthetase (CPS) and argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), mRNA levels were examined in rat primary cultured hepatocytes...
- NADPH-diaphorase and cytosolic urea cycle enzymes in the rat spinal cordH Nakamura
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Comp Neurol 385:616-26. 1997Nitric oxide synthase (NOS), argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), and argininosuccinate lyase (ASL) compose a cyclic pathway to form nitric oxide (NO). These enzymes, however, are localized differentially in most regions of the brain...
- In vivo renal arginine release is impaired throughout development of chronic kidney diseaseGin Fu Chen
Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 298:F95-102. 2010The kidney is a major site of arginine synthesis where citrulline is converted to arginine via argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) and lyase (ASL)...
- Citrulline-argininosuccinate-arginine cycle coupled to Ca2+-signaling in rat pancreatic beta-cellsM Nakata
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 235:619-24. 1997..The enzymes involved in citrulline-arginine metabolism, argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), argininosuccinate lyase (ASL), and NOS were expressed in rat islets and insulinoma HIT T15 cells...
- Activated microglia modulate astroglial enzymes involved in oxidative and inflammatory stress and increase the resistance of astrocytes to oxidative stress in vitroClaudia Röhl
Department of Anatomy, University of Kiel, Olshausenstr 40, D 24098 Kiel, Germany
Glia 56:1114-26. 2008..dismutases (Sod), peroxiredoxins, glutathione S-transferases (Gst), nucleoside diphosphate kinase B, argininosuccinate synthase (Ass), and cellular retinol-binding protein I (Rbp1)...
- Pegylated recombinant human arginase (rhArg-peg5,000mw) inhibits the in vitro and in vivo proliferation of human hepatocellular carcinoma through arginine depletionPaul Ning Man Cheng
Cancer Drug R and D Centre and Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Cancer Res 67:309-17. 2007..HCC) is believed to be auxotrophic for arginine through the lack of expression of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS)...
- Induction of arginosuccinate synthetase (ASS) expression affects the antiproliferative activity of arginine deiminase (ADI) in melanoma cellsAntonella Manca
Institute of Biomolecular Chemistry, National Research Council, Traversa La Crucca, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Oncol Rep 25:1495-502. 2011..of arginine is mainly dependent on activity of ornithine transcarbamylase (OTC) and argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) enzymes. We evaluated the effect of ADI treatment on OTC and ASS expression in a series of melanoma cell lines...
- Alterations in glomerular anionic sites in the autologous phase of canine anti-glomerular basement membrane nephritisJ Sugimoto
Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Yokohama Research Center, Japan
Toxicol Pathol 24:627-35. 1996..An alteration of anionic sites (ASs) of GBM was studied quantitatively using polyethyleneimine as a cationic probe by electron microscopy at weeks 1, 2,..
- Glutamine and interleukin-1beta interact at the level of Sp1 and nuclear factor-kappaB to regulate argininosuccinate synthetase gene expressionCarole Brasse-Lagnel
Groupe Appareil Digestif, Environnement et Nutrition, Institut Fédératif de Recherches Multidisciplinaires sur Peptides, Universite de Rouen, France
FEBS J 274:5250-62. 2007We previously demonstrated that the expression of the argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) gene, a key step in nitric oxide production, is stimulated either by interleukin-1beta[Brasse-Lagnel et al...
- The gene mutated in adult-onset type II citrullinaemia encodes a putative mitochondrial carrier proteinK Kobayashi
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
Nat Genet 22:159-63. 1999..CTLN2 differs from classical citrullinaemia (CTLN1, OMIM 215700) in that CTLN1 is neonatal or infantile in onset, with ASS enzyme defects (in all tissues) arising ..
- Arginine deiminase as a novel therapy for prostate cancer induces autophagy and caspase-independent apoptosisRandie H Kim
Department of Biological Chemistry, Division of Surgical Oncology, Center for Biophotonics and Science Technology, University of California at Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Cancer Res 69:700-8. 2009..The efficacy of ADI-PEG20 is directly correlated with argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) deficiency...
- Citrin deficiency, a perplexing global disorderDavid Dimmock
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, BCM225, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Genet Metab 96:44-9. 2009..A key diagnostic feature has been the deficient argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) activity (E.C. 18.104.22.168) in liver, with normal activity in skin fibroblasts...
- Targeted cellular metabolism for cancer chemotherapy with recombinant arginine-degrading enzymesMacus Tien Kuo
Department of Molecular Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
Oncotarget 1:246-51. 2010..carcinoma (HCC) are auxotrophic for arginine (Arg), because they do not express argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), the rate-limiting enzyme for the biosynthesis of arginine from citrulline...
- Inducible nitric oxide synthase and argininosuccinate synthetase: co-induction in brain tissue of patients with Alzheimer's dementia and following stimulation with beta-amyloid 1-42 in vitroJürgen Haas
Department of Neurology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Neurosci Lett 322:121-5. 2002..levels of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and the arginine regenerating enzyme argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) within cortices of AD patients suggesting high output NO production...
- Assignment of the structural gene for argininosuccinate synthetase to proximal mouse chromosome 2M J Jackson
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Genomics 6:545-7. 1990In order to develop linkage markers for the murine argininosuccinate synthetase locus (Ass-1), we have searched for restriction fragment length polymorphisms in the mouse genome using cloned sequences from the mouse arginosuccinate ..
- Transient fulminant liver failure as an initial presentation in citrullinemia type IHannaneh Faghfoury
Division of Clinical and Metabolic Genetics, The Hospital for Sick Children and University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Mol Genet Metab 102:413-7. 2011Citrullinemia type I (CTLN1) is a urea cycle disorder which typically presents in the neonatal period or infancy with hyperammonemia and concurrent neurologic deterioration...
- Analysis of gene expression identifies differentially expressed genes and pathways associated with lymphatic dissemination in patients with adenocarcinoma of the esophagusS M Lagarde
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center at the University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 15:3459-70. 2008..The aim of this study was to discover a prognostic gene expression profile for lymphatic dissemination in EA and to identify genes and pathways that provide oncological insight in lymphatic dissemination...
- Genetic alterations determine chemotherapy resistance in childhood T-ALL: modelling in stage-specific cell lines and correlation with diagnostic patient samplesDavid A Estes
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico Cancer Research and Treatment Center, Albuquerque, NM 87112, USA
Br J Haematol 139:20-30. 2007..Microarray analysis identified upregulation of asparagine synthetase (ASNS) and argininosuccinate synthase 1 (ASS1) to cell lines with acquired resistance to L-asp, and in the case of DNR, upregulation of ATP-..
- Recombinant human arginase inhibits proliferation of human hepatocellular carcinoma by inducing cell cycle arrestT L Lam
Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Cancer Lett 277:91-100. 2009..Expression profiling of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), argininosuccinate lyase (ASL) and OTC in 40 HCC tumor biopsy specimens predicted that 16 of the patients would be ..
- The role of molecular testing and enzyme analysis in the management of hypomorphic citrullinemiaDavid P Dimmock
Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Am J Med Genet A 146:2885-90. 2008..enzyme activity was not deficient in all patients with biallelic mutations suggesting this test cannot exclude the ASS1 locus in patients with mildly elevated plasma citrulline...
- Arginine deprivation and argininosuccinate synthetase expression in the treatment of cancerBarbara Delage
Queen Mary University of London, Centre for Molecular Oncology and Imaging, Institute of Cancer and CR UK Clinical Centre, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Charterhouse Square, London, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 126:2762-72. 2010..Tumoural downregulation of the enzyme argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS1), a recognised rate-limiting step in arginine synthesis, results in an intrinsic dependence on extracellular ..
- Endothelial argininosuccinate synthetase 1 regulates nitric oxide production and monocyte adhesion under static and laminar shear stress conditionsGyeong In Mun
Department of Molecular Medicine, Cell and Matrix Research Institute, BK21 Medical Education Program for Human Resources, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Daegu 700 422, Korea
J Biol Chem 286:2536-42. 2011..Recent studies demonstrated that LSS also increases the expression of argininosuccinate synthetase 1 (ASS1) that regulates the provision of L-arginine, the substrate of NOS3...
- ADI, autophagy and apoptosis: metabolic stress as a therapeutic option for prostate cancerRandie H Kim
Department of Biological Chemistry, UC Davis Cancer Center, University of California Davis, 4645 2nd Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Autophagy 5:567-8. 2009..These cancers lose expression of an arginine synthesis enzyme, argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), and are susceptible to arginine deprivation by arginine deiminase (ADI)...
- [Secondary prevention of ischemic strokes: effect of dosage of aspirin]J Alvarez-Sabin
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital General i Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Espana
Rev Neurol 25:541-4. 1997The value of acetylsalicylic acid (ASS) in the secondary prevention of ischemic stroke is well established. However, the optimum dose of AAS for stroke-threatened patients remains unsettled...
- The chemotherapy of rodent malaria. LXI. Drug combinations to impede the selection of drug resistance, part 4: the potential role of 8-aminoquinolinesW Peters
Centre for Tropical Antiprotozoal Chemotherapy, Y Block, Northwick Park Institute for Medical Research, Watford Road, Harrow HA1 3UJ, UK
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 97:221-36. 2003..chabaudi ASS (the 238C line) or P. yoelii ssp...
- Illustrated identification keys to strongylid parasites (Strongylidae: Nematoda) of horses, zebras and asses (Equidae)J Ralph Lichtenfels
Animal Parasitic Diseases Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, US Department of Agriculture, The Henry A Wallace Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, Beltsville, MD 20705 2350, USA
Vet Parasitol 156:4-161. 2008The Equidae (the horse, Equus caballus, the ass, Equus asinus, zebras and their hybrids) are hosts to a great variety of nematode parasites, some of which can cause significant morbidity or mortality if individual hosts are untreated...
- Genetic diversity in Spanish donkey breeds using microsatellite DNA markersJ Aranguren-Mendez
Unitat de Genètica i Millora Animal, Departament de Ciencia Animal i dels Aliments, Facultat de Veterinaria, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Genet Sel Evol 33:433-42. 2001..showed little differentiation between Spanish breeds, but great differentiation between them and the Moroccan ass and also with the horse, used as an outgroup...
- [Is sodium salicylate suitable as a protective agent in the analgesic-induced asthma syndrome?]A Schäufele
Hochgebirgsklinik Davos Wolfgang, Schweiz
Pneumologie 44:371-2. 1990..In none of the patients was the asthmatic reaction to acetylsalicylic acid (ASS) completely inhibited by the oral administration of NaS...
- Arginine deiminase resistance in melanoma cells is associated with metabolic reprogramming, glucose dependence, and glutamine addictionYan Long
Corresponding Author Macus Tien Kuo, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Box 951, Houston, TX 77030
Mol Cancer Ther 12:2581-90. 2013..including melanomas, are auxotrophic for arginine due to reduced expression of argininosuccinate synthetase-1 (ASS1), the rate-limiting enzyme for arginine biosynthesis...
- Occurrence of seven artificial sweeteners in the aquatic environment and precipitation of Tianjin, ChinaZhiwei Gan
MOE Key Laboratory of Pollution Processes and Environmental Criteria, College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Nankai University, 94 Weijin Street, Tianjin 300071, China
Water Res 47:4928-37. 2013..and precipitation samples, from Tianjin, China, were analyzed for seven commonly used artificial sweeteners (ASs)...
- Are rapid transitions between invasive and native species caused by alternative stable states, and does it matter?Gretchen J A Hansen
Center for Limnology, University of Wisconsin, 680 North Park Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Ecology 94:2207-19. 2013Rapid transitions in ecosystem structure, or regime shifts, are a hallmark of alternative stable states (ASS). However, regime shifts can occur even when feedbacks are not strong enough to cause ASS...
- Fundamental studies of electrochemically controlled surface oxidation and hydrophobicity of natural enargiteChris Plackowski
School of Chemical Engineering, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Langmuir 29:2371-86. 2013The surface oxidation and hydrophobicity of natural enargite (Cu(3)AsS(4)) and the formation of oxidation species at the mineral surface have been examined by a novel experimental approach that combines electrochemical techniques and ..
- Simultaneous determination of PPCPs, EDCs, and artificial sweeteners in environmental water samples using a single-step SPE coupled with HPLC-MS/MS and isotope dilutionNgoc Han Tran
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, National University of Singapore, 1 Engineering Drive 2, E1A 02 19, Singapore 117576, Singapore
Talanta 113:82-92. 2013..and personal care products (PPCPs), endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs) and artificial sweeteners (ASs) was developed...
- Application of mutation analysis for the previously uncertain cases of adult-onset type II citrullinemia (CTLN2) and their clinical profilesToju Tanaka
Department of Pediatrics, National Nishi Sapporo Hospital, Sapporo 063 0005, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 198:89-97. 2002Type II citrullinemia (CTLN2) is characterized by a deficiency of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) in the liver. Mutation analysis of the SLC25A13 gene, which is responsible for CTLN2, provides a rapid and accurate diagnosis...
- Functional-eicosanoid-test (FET) and diseaseH W Baenkler
University Hospital, Department of Medicine 3 Immunology, Erlangen, Germany
J Physiol Pharmacol 57:65-72. 2006..Healthy controls rendered normal data. Patients with intolerance to acetylsalicylic acid (ASS) showed an elevated output of PG and LT upon stimulation. Addition of ASS shifted from PG to LT...
- Argininosuccinate synthase as a novel biomarker for inflammatory conditionsMengde Cao
Banyan Laboratories, Inc, Alachua, FL 32615, USA
Biomarkers 18:242-9. 2013b>Argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) plays an important role in regulating metabolic functions in mammals...
- Expression of three mitochondrial solute carriers, citrin, aralar1 and ornithine transporter, in relation to urea cycle in miceLaila Begum
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, 890 8520, Kagoshima, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1574:283-92. 2002..in relation to urea cycle enzyme genes, carbamoylphosphate synthetase I (CPS) and argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS)...
- Genetic analysis of audiogenic seizure susceptibility in C57BL/6J X DBA/2J recombinant inbred strains of miceT N Seyfried
Genetics 94:701-18. 1980The inheritance of susceptibility to audiogenic seizures (ASs) was studied in the C57BL/6J (B6) and DBA/2J (D2) progenitor strains, their reciprocal F(1) hybrids, backcross generations and in 21 B6 x D2 recombinant inbred (RI) strains of ..
- [Secondary and primary prevention of coronary heart disease: platelet aggregation inhibitors and anticoagulants]W Kubler
Abteilung Innere Medizin III Medizinische Universitätsklinik Bergheimer Str 58 69151 Heidelberg, Germany
Z Kardiol 91:40-8. 2002..According to the results of the trials and due to its low price aspirin (ASS) can be still considered as the drug of choice...
- Creatine metabolism in urea cycle defectsSara Boenzi
Division of Metabolism and Research Unit of Metabolic Biochemistry, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, IRCCS, Piazza S Onofrio 4, 00165, Rome, Italy
J Inherit Metab Dis 35:647-53. 2012..e., OTC, ASS, ASL deficiencies, HHH syndrome and lysinuric protein intolerance)...
- Establishment and comparison of combining disease and syndrome model of asthma with "kidney yang deficiency" and "abnormal savda"Bei Li
Department of Integrative Medicine, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, China
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013:658364. 2013..Kidney Yang Deficiency syndrome (KYDS) in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and abnormal savda syndrome (ASS) in traditional Uighur medicine (TUM)...
- The availability and mobility of arsenic and antimony in an acid sulfate soil pasture systemMatthew Tighe
Agronomy and Soil Science, School of Environmental and Rural Science, University of New England, Armidale NSW 2351, Australia Electronic address
Sci Total Environ 463:151-60. 2013..The floodplain also contains areas of active and potential acid sulfate soils (ASS)...
- [The beginnings and development of diagnostic imaging in nuclear medicine]L Stefanovic
Institut za onkologiju Zavod za nuklearnu medicinu, 21204 Sremska Kamenica
Med Pregl 54:289-96. 2001..RECTILINEAR SCANNER: It was constructed by B. Cassen and ass. in 1949, when first scintiscans were obtained. Technical improvements have been made 1950-1956 (B. Cassen and ass...
- The miR-17-92 cluster and its target THBS1 are differentially expressed in angiosarcomas dependent on MYC amplificationAntoine Italiano
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 51:569-78. 2012Angiosarcomas (ASs) represent a heterogeneous group of malignant vascular tumors that may occur spontaneously as primary tumors or secondarily after radiation therapy or in the context of chronic lymphedema...
- Na2EuAs2S5, NaEuAsS4, and Na4Eu(AsS4)2: controlling the valency of arsenic in polysulfide fluxesTarun K Bera
Department of Chemistry, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, United States
Inorg Chem 51:4293-9. 2012..Na(2)EuAs(2)S(5) has [As(2)S(5)](4-) units, built of corner sharing AsS(3) pyramids, which are coordinated to Eu(2+) ions to give a two-dimensional (2D) layered structure...
- Potential of supramolecular solvents for the extraction of contaminants in liquid foodsAna Ballesteros-Gómez
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Facultad de Ciencias, Edificio Anexo Marie Curie, Campus de Rabanales, 14071 Cordoba, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1216:530-9. 2009..The ASS selected was made up of reversed micelles of decanoic dispersed in tetrahydrofuran (THF)-water and the contaminants ..
- Association constants and distribution functions for ion pairs in binary solvent mixtures: application to a cyanine dye systemA V Odinokov
Photochemistry Center, RAS, ul Novatorov 7a, 119421 Moscow, Russia
J Chem Phys 135:144503. 2011The computations of the association constants K(ass) were performed at the microscopic level for the ion pair Cy(+)I(-) composed of the complex cyanine dye cation Cy(+) coupled to the negative iodine counterion...
- Differential gene expression in young and senescent endothelial cells under static and laminar shear stress conditionsGyeong In Mun
Department of Molecular Medicine and Cell and Matrix Research Institute, BK21 Medical Education Program for Human Resources, Republic of Korea
Free Radic Biol Med 47:291-9. 2009..These genes included argininosuccinate synthetase 1, which was determined to be critical for both basal and LSS-induced NO production in young HUVECs...
- Peripheral inflammatory biomarkers of Alzheimer's disease: the role of plateletsTiziana Casoli
Neurobiology of Aging Centre, Scientific Technological Area, INRCA, 60121 Ancona, Italy
Biogerontology 11:627-33. 2010..Platelets are an important source of amyloid-ss (Ass) in the circulatory system and play an important pro-inflammatory role...
- Characteristics of interstitial lung disease in SS-A positive/Jo-1 positive inflammatory myopathy patientsAndrea Váncsa
Division of Rheumatology, 3rd Department of Internal Medicine, Medical and Health Science Center, University of Debrecen, Moricz Zs Krt 22, 4032, Debrecen, Hungary
Rheumatol Int 29:989-94. 2009..radiological findings and therapeutic response between the anti-SS-A positive and negative antisynthetase syndrome (ASS) patients. A prospective study of 315 IIM patients was conducted including 27 anti-Jo-1 positive ASS patients...
- Molecular basis of enzyme abnormalities in urea cycle disorders. With special reference to citrullinemia and argininosuccinic aciduriaT Saheki
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University
Enzyme 38:227-32. 1987..Metab. Dis. 8: 155-156, 1985] into three types from the properties of the deficient argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) of the patients...
- The study of sodium channels involved in pain responses using specific modulatorsYong Hua Ji
School of Life Sciences, Shanghai University, Shanghai 200444, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 60:628-34. 2008..However, BmK IT2 and BmK ASs, potently suppressed both the peak TTX-resistant and TTX-sensitive Na(+) currents on rat small DRG neurons...
- Polyaspartoyl.l-arginine inhibits platelet aggregation through stimulation of NO release from endothelial cellsZhiyu Tang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100083, China
Eur J Pharmacol 588:41-6. 2008..In addition, PDR (170 microg/ml) stimulated the expression of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) protein...
- Investigation of citrullinemia type I variants by in vitro expression studiesChristoph Berning
Universitatsklinikum Munster, Klinik und Poliklinik für Kinder und Jugendmedizin, Munster, Germany
Hum Mutat 29:1222-7. 2008..of classical citrullinemia type I also caused by deficiency of the urea cycle enzyme argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS). Affected patients comprise a biochemical but no clinical phenotype...
- Arginine deprivation as a targeted therapy for cancerL Feun
Hematology Oncology, University of Miami School of Medicine, 1201 N W 16th Street, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Curr Pharm Des 14:1049-57. 2008..Arginine deprivation is a novel approach to target tumors which lack argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) expression. ASS is a key enzyme which converts citrulline to arginine...
- A pericentric inv(9)(p22q34) of the der(9)t(9;22)(q34;q11.2) is a recurrent secondary anomaly in Ph-positive leukemiaJinlan Pan
The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Jiangsu Institute of Hematology, Key Laboratory of Thrombosis and Hemostasis, 188 Shizi Street, Suzhou 215006, PR China
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 203:333-40. 2010..5% of bone marrow cells in the AML patient, but did not detect the deletion of the sequence of ASS/9q34 in these four patients...
- Epigenetic silencing of argininosuccinate synthetase confers resistance to platinum-induced cell death but collateral sensitivity to arginine auxotrophy in ovarian cancerLinda J Nicholson
King s College London School of Medicine, Cancer Studies Division, The Rayne Institute, St Thomas Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 125:1454-63. 2009..Down-regulation of expression of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS1), the rate-limiting enzyme in the biosynthesis of arginine, has been associated with the development of platinum ..
- Storage of red blood cells with improved maintenance of 2,3-bisphosphoglycerateClaes F Högman
Department of Clinical Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Academic Laboratory, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Transfusion 46:1543-52. 2006..Recent clinical evaluations indicate that the quality of transfused RBCs may be more important for patient survival than previously recognized...
- Glycomics of a novel type-2 N-acetyllactosamine-specific lectin purified from the feather star, Oxycomanthus japonicus (Pelmatozoa: Crinoidea)Ryo Matsumoto
Laboratory of Glycobiology and Marine Biochemistry, Department of Genome System Sciences, Graduate School of Nanobiosciences, Yokohama City University, 22 2 Seto, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 0027, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 158:266-73. 2011..Surface plasmon resonance analysis of OXYL against fetuin showed k(ass) and k(diss) values of 1.4×10(-6)M(-1)s(-1) and 3...
- Two hypomorphic alleles of mouse Ass1 as a new animal model of citrullinemia type I and other hyperammonemic syndromesCarlos J Perez
Department of Carcinogenesis, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Smithville, Texas 78957, USA
Am J Pathol 177:1958-68. 2010Citrullinemia type I (CTLN1, OMIM# 215700) is an inherited urea cycle disorder that is caused by an argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) enzyme deficiency...
- Antisense-induced guanine quadruplexes inhibit reverse transcription by HIV-1 reverse transcriptaseMasaki Hagihara
Department of Regulatory Bioorganic Chemistry, The Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research, Osaka University, Ibaraki 567 0047, Osaka, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 132:11171-8. 2010..Here, we report a novel antisense strategy using guanine-tethered antisense oligonucleotides (g-ASs) that introduces an RNA-DNA heteroquadruplex structure on RNA templates in a predictable and sequence-specific ..
- Citrullinaemia type I: a common mutation in the Pacific Island populationEmma Glamuzina
Paediatric Metabolic Service, Starship Children s Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
J Paediatr Child Health 47:262-5. 2011The aim of this study was to develop and apply a mutation screening protocol for the ASS1 gene in order to confirm the diagnosis of citrullinaemia type I in neonates with elevated citrulline on expanded newborn screening (E-NBS).
- Cancer cell sensitivity to arginine deprivation in vitro is not determined by endogenous levels of arginine metabolic enzymesYaroslav P Bobak
Institute of Cell Biology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Lviv, Ukraine
Cell Biol Int 34:1085-9. 2010..arginases, ARG1 (arginase type 1) and ARG2 (arginase type 2), and anabolic: OTC (ornithine transcarbamylase) and ASS (argininosuccinate synthetase)] affect cellular responses to arginine deprivation in vitro...
- Third cycle university studies in Europe in the field of agricultural engineering and in the emerging discipline of biosystems engineeringF Ayuga
Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, ETSI Agronomos, Ciudad Universitaria, Spain, Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros A, 28040, Madrid, Spain
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 75:209-31. 2010..27 Erasmus countries, out of which 33 are Higher Education Area Institutions (EDU) and 2 are Student Associations (ASS). 13 Erasmus participants (e.g...
- Arginine deprivation, autophagy, apoptosis (AAA) for the treatment of melanomaN Savaraj
VA Medical Center, Miami, FL 33125, USA
Curr Mol Med 10:405-12. 2010The majority of melanoma cells do not express argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), and hence cannot synthesize arginine from citrulline. Their growth and proliferation depend on exogenous supply of arginine...
- Alternative stable states generated by ontogenetic niche shift in the presence of multiple resource useTakefumi Nakazawa
Center for Ecological Research, Kyoto University, Otsu, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e14667. 2011It has been suggested that when juveniles and adults use different resources or habitats, alternative stable states (ASS) may exist in systems coupled by an ontogenetic niche shift. However, mainly the simplest system, i.e...
- Human SCCA serpins inhibit staphylococcal cysteine proteases by forming classic "serpin-like" covalent complexesTomasz Kantyka
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Biochemistry, Biophysics, and Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Methods Enzymol 499:331-45. 2011..The high association rate constant (k(ass)) for inhibitory complex formation (1.9 × 10⁴ and 5...
- On the reactivity of sulfosalts in cyanide aqueous media: structural, bonding and electronic aspectsAngel M Meléndez
Chemistry Department, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana, Iztapalapa México, D F, CP 09340, Mexico
Chemphyschem 11:2879-86. 2010..Polycrystalline samples of α-Ag(2)S (acanthite), As(2)S(3) (orpiment), Sb(2)S(3) (stibnite), Ag(3)AsS(3) (proustite), Ag(3)SbS(3) (pyrargyrite), and three samples of the proustite-pyrargyrite solid solution series ..
- Additional-singleton interference in efficient visual search: a common salience route for detection and compound tasksMichael Zehetleitner
Department of General Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Leopoldstr 13, 80802 Munich, Germany
Atten Percept Psychophys 71:1760-70. 2009In efficient search for feature singleton targets, additional singletons (ASs) defined in a nontarget dimension are frequently found to interfere with performance...
- Arginine or citrulline associated with a statin stimulates nitric oxide production in bovine aortic endothelial cellsMarie Clotilde Berthe
Laboratoire de Biologie de la Nutrition, EA2498, Universite Paris Descartes, France
Eur J Pharmacol 670:566-70. 2011..is an antiatherogenic vasodilator synthesized from arginine and, indirectly, from citrulline through argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) and argininosuccinate lyase (ASL)...
- Arginine Deprivation: A targeted therapy for MelanomaLynn Feun; Fiscal Year: 2006..is primarily due to the fact that melanoma cells, unlike normal cells, do not express argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) and hence are unable to synthesize arginine...
- Biomarker for liver ischemia/reperfusion-induced injuryMONIKA OLI; Fiscal Year: 2006..The most promising biomarker candidate discovered to date is an enzyme of urea/nitric oxide cycle argininosuccinate synthase (ASS)...
- Pathologic Interactions of Amyloid Beta-ProteinWilliam E Van Nostrand; Fiscal Year: 2010Abnormal accumulation and deposition of the amyloid ss-protein (Ass), a prominent pathological feature of patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and related disorders, can occur from increased production but in most cases is likely ..
- ASS, NOS2, AND ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASENatalia Nieto; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have identified argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) as up-regulated by chronic alcohol feeding...
- Impact of Antibiotics and Vaccines on the in vivo Evolution of S. pneumoniaeGarth Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2009..n2 500 -o o_- OIL iris OCD ton N-4 :,m 0>E ass= a foil QC) yob Computat'++ional Personnel ComEputational Personnel p0) the NCBI as which we use for our ..
- ASS, NOS2, AND ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASENatalia Nieto; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have identified argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) as up-regulated by chronic alcohol feeding...
- ASS, NOS2, AND ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASENatalia Nieto; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have identified argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) as up-regulated by chronic alcohol feeding...
- Nitric Oxide Precursors and Congenital Heart SurgeryFrederick Barr; Fiscal Year: 2007..enzymes carbamyl phosphate synthetase I (CPSl), ornithine transcarbamylase (OTC), argininosuccinate syntheatse (ASS), argininosuccinate lyase (ASL), and enodothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) influence arginine and NO ..
- Cyclohexanehexol Therapy in Transgenic Models of Alzheimer's DiseaseAlpaslan Dedeoglu; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Ass peptides, especially A42, are thought to play a key role in the pathogenesis of AD...
- Cyclohexanehexol Therapy in Transgenic Models of Alzheimer's DiseaseAlpaslan Dedeoglu; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Ass peptides, especially A42, are thought to play a key role in the pathogenesis of AD...
- AFFERENT MECHANISMS UNDERLYING BLADDER PAINWILLIAM DEGROAT; Fiscal Year: 2007..Associate Alyssa Hawranko Naoki Yoshimura " " Res. Ass. Prof. Kyu-Sung Lee " " Res. Associate Yao-Chi Chuang " " Visiting Ass. Prof. Jon Beckel " " Res...
- Early Detection of Cerebral Amyloid AngiopathySteven M Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2010Deposition of ss-amyloid (Ass) in the cerebral vessels (cerebral amyloid angiopathy or CAA) is a major cause of hemorrhagic stroke, a contributor to vascular cognitive impairment, and a complicating factor in attempts to develop anti-..
- IMPAIRED TUMOR IMMUNITY DURING H PYLORI INFECTIONVICTOR REYES; Fiscal Year: 2003..class II MHC expression increased in parallel with the rise of local CD4+ T cell numbers and epithelial c;ass II MHC expression during infection with H. pylori...
- Molecular Basis of mu-Opioid Receptor Gene RegulationJane Ko; Fiscal Year: 2009..Several cis-elements have been identified, including the ds and ass cis-elements, in the proximal promoter region...
- Transmission-blocking vaccine for HIV-1Stephen Dewhurst; Fiscal Year: 2009..Since other amyloid fibrils (Ass) have adjuvant-like immunostimulatory properties, we will also test whether these mutated fibrils elicit the ..
- Transmission-blocking vaccine for HIV-1Robert C Rose; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since other amyloid fibrils (Ass) have adjuvant-like immunostimulatory properties, we will also test whether these mutated fibrils elicit the ..
- Maternal history of Alzheimer's predisposes children to amyloid beta-related hyLisa Mosconi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our first aim will be to examine whether NL FHm show reduced CMRglc, increased Ass deposition and increased oxidative stress vs FH- and FHp, and whether the changes in these variables are related...
- Structure and conformational diversity of amyloid oligomersCharles G Glabe; Fiscal Year: 2010..of amyloid deposits accumulate in disease brain and current evidence suggests that soluble, oligomeric forms of Ass may play primary role in pathogenesis...
- Characterizing the Evolution of Amyloid Deposition in Normal ElderlyKeith A Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2010The deposition of amyloid-beta (Ass) deposition is thought to begin many years prior to the onset of clinical Alzheimer's disease, but until recently it was not possible to track the longitudinal accumulation of Ass in vivo...
- Inhibitors of Human Pal mitoyl AcyltransferaseCHARLES DUCKER; Fiscal Year: 2005..compounds that inhibit hPAT activity by screening a diverse collection of small molecules in an established ass ay and a high-throughput yeast-based assay. 2...
- TBI: Uncovering Mechanisms of AD-like pathologyDOUGLAS HAMILTON SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2010..risk of developing Alzheimer's disease (AD), and TBI can induce the rapid formation of amyloid-ss (Ass) plaques, a hallmark pathology of AD...