Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ASF1B
Description: anti-silencing function 1B histone chaperone
Alias: CIA-II, histone chaperone ASF1B, ASF1 anti-silencing function 1 homolog B, CCG1-interacting factor A-II, anti-silencing function protein 1 homolog B, hAsf1, hAsf1b, hCIA-II
- Hayashi R, Goto Y, Tanaka R, Oonogi K, Hisasue M, Yoshida K. Transcriptional regulation of human chromatin assembly factor ASF1. DNA Cell Biol. 2007;26:91-9 pubmed..Here, we report the identification of human ASF1B, but not ASF1A, as a direct transcriptional target of transcription factor E2F1...
- Groth A, Corpet A, Cook A, Roche D, Bartek J, Lukas J, et al. Regulation of replication fork progression through histone supply and demand. Science. 2007;318:1928-31 pubmed
- Campos E, Fillingham J, Li G, Zheng H, Voigt P, Kuo W, et al. The program for processing newly synthesized histones H3.1 and H4. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:1343-51 pubmed publisher..We further demonstrate the high degree of conservation for this pathway between higher and lower eukaryotes. ..
- Lewis P, Elsaesser S, Noh K, Stadler S, Allis C. Daxx is an H3.3-specific histone chaperone and cooperates with ATRX in replication-independent chromatin assembly at telomeres. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:14075-80 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that Daxx functions as an H3.3-specific chaperone and facilitates the deposition of H3.3 at heterochromatin loci in the context of the ATRX-Daxx complex. ..
- Jasencakova Z, Scharf A, Ask K, Corpet A, Imhof A, Almouzni G, et al. Replication stress interferes with histone recycling and predeposition marking of new histones. Mol Cell. 2010;37:736-43 pubmed publisher..In S phase, distinct cytosolic and nuclear Asf1b complexes show ubiquitous H4K5K12diAc and heterogeneous H3 marks, including K9me1, K14ac, K18ac, and K56ac...
- Jiangqiao Z, Tao Q, Zhongbao C, Xiaoxiong M, Long Z, Jilin Z, et al. Anti-silencing function 1B histone chaperone promotes cell proliferation and migration via activation of the AKT pathway in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2019;511:165-172 pubmed publisher..Anti-silencing function 1B histone chaperone (ASF1B) has been reported to be involved in various diseases. However, its role in ccRCC is largely unknown...
- Xu J, Liu H, Yang Y, Wang X, Liu P, Li Y, et al. Genome-Wide Profiling of Cervical RNA-Binding Proteins Identifies Human Papillomavirus Regulation of RNASEH2A Expression by Viral E7 and E2F1. MBio. 2019;10: pubmed publisher..LY6K (lymphocyte antigen 6 complex locus K), FAM83A (family member with sequence similarity 83), CELSR3, ASF1B, IQGAP3, SEMA3F, CLDN10, MSX1, CXCL5, ASRGL1, ELAVL2, GRB7, KHSRP, NOVA1, PTBP1, and RNASEH2A were identified as ..
- Montes de Oca R, Gurard Levin Z, Berger F, Rehman H, Martel E, Corpet A, et al. The histone chaperone HJURP is a new independent prognostic marker for luminal A breast carcinoma. Mol Oncol. 2015;9:657-74 pubmed publisher..Several chromatin regulators, including the histone chaperones CAF-1 (subunits p150 and p60), ASF1b, and HJURP, and the centromeric histone variant CENP-A, associated with local and metastatic relapse and poor ..
- OrdoÃ±ez G, Romero S, Orozco L, Pineda B, JimÃ©nez Morales S, Nieto A, et al. Genomewide admixture study in Mexican Mestizos with multiple sclerosis. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2015;130:55-60 pubmed publisher..00005) on the HLA-DRB region. Additionally, a preliminary association analysis highlighted the ASF1B as novel candidate gene participating in MS...
- Soniat M, Cagatay T, Chook Y. Recognition Elements in the Histone H3 and H4 Tails for Seven Different Importins. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:21171-21183 pubmed..Lastly, we show that, in addition to the N-terminal tails, the histone fold domains of H3 and H4 and/or the histone chaperone Asf1b are important for Importin-histone recognition.
- Messiaen S, Guiard J, Aigueperse C, Fliniaux I, Tourpin S, Barroca V, et al. Loss of the histone chaperone ASF1B reduces female reproductive capacity in mice. Reproduction. 2016;151:477-89 pubmed publisher..Two paralogous genes, Asf1a and Asf1b, exist in the mouse genome. Asf1a is ubiquitously expressed and its loss causes embryonic lethality...
- Galvani A, Courbeyrette R, Agez M, Ochsenbein F, Mann C, Thuret J. In vivo study of the nucleosome assembly functions of ASF1 histone chaperones in human cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:3672-85 pubmed publisher..Here, we identify mutants of histones H3.1 and H3.3 that are unable to interact with human ASF1A and ASF1B isoforms but that are still competent to bind CAF-1 and HIRA, respectively...
- Piwko W, Olma M, Held M, Bianco J, Pedrioli P, Hofmann K, et al. RNAi-based screening identifies the Mms22L-Nfkbil2 complex as a novel regulator of DNA replication in human cells. EMBO J. 2010;29:4210-22 pubmed publisher..Together, our results strongly suggest that the Mms22L-Nfkbil2 complex contributes to genome stability by regulating the chromatin state at stalled replication forks. ..
- Paul P, Rabaglia M, Wang C, Stapleton D, Leng N, Kendziorski C, et al. Histone chaperone ASF1B promotes human β-cell proliferation via recruitment of histone H3.3. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:3191-3202 pubmed..Here, we identify ASF1B, the mammalian paralog to ASF1, as a proliferation-inducing histone chaperone in human β-cells...
- Misiewicz Krzeminska I, Sarasquete M, Quwaider D, Krzeminski P, Ticona F, Paíno T, et al. Restoration of microRNA-214 expression reduces growth of myeloma cells through positive regulation of P53 and inhibition of DNA replication. Haematologica. 2013;98:640-8 pubmed publisher..miR-214 directly down-regulated the expression of PSMD10, which encodes the oncoprotein gankyrin, and ASF1B, a histone chaperone required for DNA replication, by binding to their 3'-untranslated regions...
- Li Z, Gourguechon S, Wang C. Tousled-like kinase in a microbial eukaryote regulates spindle assembly and S-phase progression by interacting with Aurora kinase and chromatin assembly factors. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3883-94 pubmed..AUK1), and both can autophosphorylate and phosphorylate histone H3 and the chromatin assembly factors Asf1A and Asf1B in vitro, but only TLK1 is autophosphorylated and capable of oligomerizing and interacting with AUK1, Asf1A and ..
- Elsässer S, Huang H, Lewis P, Chin J, Allis C, Patel D. DAXX envelops a histone H3.3-H4 dimer for H3.3-specific recognition. Nature. 2012;491:560-5 pubmed publisher..3-specific residues, and functional studies address the contributions of Gly?90 in H3.3 and Glu?225 in DAXX to chaperone-mediated H3.3 variant recognition specificity. ..
- Loyola A, Almouzni G. Histone chaperones, a supporting role in the limelight. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1677:3-11 pubmed..Finally, we discuss how these chaperones may have more than a supporting role in a histone metabolic pathway. ..
- Klimovskaia I, Young C, Strømme C, Menard P, Jasencakova Z, Mejlvang J, et al. Tousled-like kinases phosphorylate Asf1 to promote histone supply during DNA replication. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3394 pubmed publisher..We thus propose that TLK signalling promotes histone supply in S phase by targeting histone-free Asf1 and stimulating its ability to shuttle histones to sites of chromatin assembly. ..
- Peng H, Nogueira M, Vogel J, Kristie T. Transcriptional coactivator HCF-1 couples the histone chaperone Asf1b to HSV-1 DNA replication components. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:2461-6 pubmed publisher..HCF-1 interacts directly and simultaneously with both HSV DNA replication proteins and the cellular histone chaperone Asf1b, a protein that regulates the progression of cellular DNA replication forks via chromatin reorganization...
- Umehara T, Horikoshi M. Transcription initiation factor IID-interactive histone chaperone CIA-II implicated in mammalian spermatogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:35660-7 pubmed..These data suggest that CIA-II is a histone chaperone and is implicated in the regulation of mammalian spermatogenesis. ..
- O Sullivan R, Arnoult N, Lackner D, Oganesian L, Haggblom C, Corpet A, et al. Rapid induction of alternative lengthening of telomeres by depletion of the histone chaperone ASF1. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2014;21:167-74 pubmed publisher..We have now discovered that co-depletion of the histone chaperones ASF1a and ASF1b in human cells induced all hallmarks of ALT in both primary and cancer cells...
- Duro E, Lundin C, Ask K, Sanchez Pulido L, MacArtney T, Toth R, et al. Identification of the MMS22L-TONSL complex that promotes homologous recombination. Mol Cell. 2010;40:632-44 pubmed publisher..Therefore, MMS22L and TONSL are required for the maintenance of genome stability when unscheduled DSBs occur in the vicinity of DNA replication forks. ..
- Drané P, Ouararhni K, Depaux A, Shuaib M, Hamiche A. The death-associated protein DAXX is a novel histone chaperone involved in the replication-independent deposition of H3.3. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1253-65 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data demonstrate that DAXX functions as a bona fide histone chaperone involved in the replication-independent deposition of H3.3. ..
- Sen S, De Benedetti A. TLK1B promotes repair of UV-damaged DNA through chromatin remodeling by Asf1. BMC Mol Biol. 2006;7:37 pubmed..Our studies provide evidence for TLK1B-mediated phosphorylation of Asf1 triggering DNA repair. We suggest that this occurs via Asf1-mediated chromatin assembly at the sites of UV damage. ..
- Lee K, Im J, Shibata E, Dutta A. ASF1a Promotes Non-homologous End Joining Repair by Facilitating Phosphorylation of MDC1 by ATM at Double-Strand Breaks. Mol Cell. 2017;68:61-75.e5 pubmed publisher..This role of ASF1a in DSB repair cannot be provided by the closely related ASF1b and does not require its histone chaperone activity...