Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ARSB
Description: arylsulfatase B
Alias: ASB, G4S, MPS6, N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulfatase
Publications154 found, 100 shown here
- Cell-bound IL-8 increases in bronchial epithelial cells after arylsulfatase B silencing due to sequestration with chondroitin-4-sulfateSumit Bhattacharyya
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 840 S Wood Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 42:51-61. 2010..C4S) in mediating effects of IL-8, we silenced the enzyme N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulfatase (arylsulfatase B [ASB]) that removes the 4-sulfate group from C4S, in the IB3-1 and C38 bronchial epithelial cell lines and in normal ..
- Extra-lysosomal localization of arylsulfatase B in human colonic epitheliumSanjiv V Prabhu
Department of Pathology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 59:328-35. 2011The enzyme arylsulfatase B (N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulfatase; ARSB; ASB) removes 4-sulfate groups from the sulfated glycosaminoglycans (sGAG) chondroitin-4-sulfate (C4S) and dermatan sulfate (DS)...
- Structure of a human lysosomal sulfataseC S Bond
Department of Biochemistry, University of Sydney, NSW 2006 Australia
Structure 5:277-89. 1997..To understand the catalytic mechanism of sulfatases, and ultimately the determinants of their substrate specificities, we have determined the structure of N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulfatase...
- Distinct effects of N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulfatase and galactose-6-sulfatase expression on chondroitin sulfatesSumit Bhattacharyya
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 283:9523-30. 2008The sulfatase enzymes, N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulfatase (arylsulfatase B (ASB)) and galactose-6-sulfatase (GALNS) hydrolyze sulfate groups of CS. Deficiencies of ASB and GALNS are associated with the mucopolysaccharidoses...
- Arylsulfatase B regulates colonic epithelial cell migration by effects on MMP9 expression and RhoA activationSumit Bhattacharyya
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 26:535-45. 2009Arylsulfatase B (ASB; N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulfatase; 4-sulfatase; ARSB) is the enzyme that removes 4-sulfate groups from N-acetylgalactosamine 4-sulfate, which combines with glucuronate to form the disaccharide unit of chondroitin-4-..
- Increased arylsulfatase B activity in cystic fibrosis cells following correction of CFTRSumit Bhattacharyya
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago and Jesse Brown VAMC, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Clin Chim Acta 380:122-7. 2007..Since the enzyme arylsulfatase B (ASB) catalyzes hydrolysis of the sulfate ester of N-acetylgalactosamine 4-sulfate, a component of dermatan sulfate and ..
- Mucopolysaccharidosis VIVassili Valayannopoulos
Reference Center for Inherited Metabolic Diseases, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
Orphanet J Rare Dis 5:5. 2010..The disorder is transmitted in an autosomal recessive manner and is caused by mutations in the ARSB gene, located in chromosome 5 (5q13-5q14)...
- Arylsulfatase B regulates interaction of chondroitin-4-sulfate and kininogen in renal epithelial cellsSumit Bhattacharyya
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1802:472-7. 2010The enzyme arylsulfatase B (N-acetylgalactosamine 4-sulfatase; ASB; ARSB), which removes 4-sulfate groups from the nonreducing end of chondroitin-4-sulfate (C4S;CSA) and dermatan sulfate, has cellular effects, beyond those associated with ..
- Arsenic metabolism in seaweed-eating sheep from Northern ScotlandJ Feldmann
University of Aberdeen, Department of Chemistry, Scotland, UK
Fresenius J Anal Chem 368:116-21. 2000..DMAA), monomethylarsonic acid (MMAA), trimethylarsine oxide (TMAO), tetramethylarsonium ion (TMA), arsenobetaine (AsB), arsenocholine (AsC), dimethylarsinoyl ethanol (DMAE) and four common dimethylarsinoylribosides (arsenosugars)...
- Steroid sulfatase, arylsulfatases A and B, galactose-6-sulfatase, and iduronate sulfatase in mammary cells and effects of sulfated and non-sulfated estrogens on sulfatase activitySumit Bhattacharyya
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, United States Jesse Brown VAMC, Chicago, IL, United States
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 103:20-34. 2007..including steroid sulfatase (STS; arylsulfatase C), arylsulfatase A (ASA; cerebroside sulfatase), arylsulfatase B (ASB; N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulfatase), galactose-6-sulfatase (GALNS), and iduronate-2-sulfatase (IDS), was compared ..
- Intrathecal administration of recombinant human N-acetylgalactosamine 4-sulfatase to a MPS VI patient with pachymeningitis cervicalisMaría Verónica Muñoz-Rojas
Post Graduation Program in Child and Adolescent Health, UFRGS, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Mol Genet Metab 99:346-50. 2010..We report the use of intrathecal (IT) recombinant human N-acetylgalactosamine 4-sulfatase (arylsulfatase B, or ASB) in a MPS VI child with spinal cord compression whose parents initially refused the surgical treatment...
- Long-term intra-articular administration of recombinant human N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulfatase in feline mucopolysaccharidosis VIDyane Auclair
Lysosomal Diseases Research Unit, Department of Genetic Medicine, Children, Youth and Women s Health Service, SA, Australia
Mol Genet Metab 91:352-61. 2007..These data support the view that intra-articular therapy may be a good option for preventing the development of the severe articular pathology in MPS VI...
- Recombinant caprine 3H-[N-acetylglucosamine-6-sulfatase] and human 3H-[N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulfatase]: plasma clearance, tissue distribution, and cellular uptake in the ratM Z Jones
Department of Chemical Pathology, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Mol Neurosci 11:223-32. 1998..The low level of enzyme recovered from the brain suggests that modification of rc6S will be necessary to achieve sufficient enzyme uptake into the CNS for effective therapy of MPS IIID...
- High-performance liquid chromatography-inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry based method for the determination of organic arsenic feed additives and speciation of anionic arsenics in animal feedPeilong Wang
Institute of Quality Standards and Testing Techniques for Agriculture Products, China Agricultural Academy of Science, Beijing, China
J Agric Food Chem 58:5263-70. 2010..chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) was used as an assistant tool to screen arsenobetain (AsB) in the feed samples by monitoring the reaction at m/z 179-->120...
- Enzyme replacement therapy for mucopolysaccharidosis VI: evaluation of long-term pulmonary function in patients treated with recombinant human N-acetylgalactosamine 4-sulfatasePaul Harmatz
Children s Hospital and Research Center Oakland, CA 94609, USA
J Inherit Metab Dis 33:51-60. 2010..Thus, analysis of mean percent change data and longitudinal modeling both indicate that long-term ERT resulted in improvement in pulmonary function in MPS VI patients...
- Expression of ankyrin repeat and suppressor of cytokine signaling box protein 4 (Asb-4) in proopiomelanocortin neurons of the arcuate nucleus of mice produces a hyperphagic, lean phenotypeJi Yao Li
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Endocrinology 151:134-42. 2010Ankyrin repeat and suppressor of cytokine signaling box-containing protein 4 (Asb-4) is specifically expressed in the energy homeostasis-related brain areas and colocalizes with proopiomelanocortin (POMC) neurons of the arcuate nucleus (..
- Arsenic-resistant bacteria associated with roots of the wild Cirsium arvense (L.) plant from an arsenic polluted soil, and screening of potential plant growth-promoting characteristicsLucia Cavalca
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Alimentari e Microbiologiche, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Celoria 2, Milano 20133, Italy
Syst Appl Microbiol 33:154-64. 2010..Most strains possessed the ArsC, ArsB and ACR3 genes homologous to arsenate reductase and to the two classes of arsenite efflux pumps, respectively, ..
- Enzyme replacement therapy for mucopolysaccharidosis VI: a phase 3, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multinational study of recombinant human N-acetylgalactosamine 4-sulfatase (recombinant human arylsulfatase B or rhASB) and follow-on, open-lPaul Harmatz
Children s Hospital and Research Center at Oakland, California 94609, USA, and Children s Hospital, University of Mainz, Germany
J Pediatr 148:533-539. 2006....
- Long-term follow-up of endurance and safety outcomes during enzyme replacement therapy for mucopolysaccharidosis VI: Final results of three clinical studies of recombinant human N-acetylgalactosamine 4-sulfatasePaul Harmatz
Children s Hospital and Research Center Oakland, 747 52nd Street, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Mol Genet Metab 94:469-75. 2008..Only 560 of 4121 reported AEs (14%) were related to treatment with only 10 of 560 (2%) described as severe. CONCLUSION: rhASB treatment up to 5 years results in sustained improvements in endurance and has an acceptable safety profile...
- Replacement therapy in Mucopolysaccharidosis type VI: advantages of early onset of therapyDyane Auclair
Lysosomal Diseases Research Unit, Department of Chemical Pathology, Women s and Children s Hospital, 72 King William Road, North Adelaide, SA 5006, Australia
Mol Genet Metab 78:163-74. 2003..Overall improvement in the disease condition (at physical, neurological, and skeletal levels) was most pronounced for cats treated from birth compared with cats treated at a later age...
- Arcuate nucleus transcriptome profiling identifies ankyrin repeat and suppressor of cytokine signalling box-containing protein 4 as a gene regulated by fasting in central nervous system feeding circuitsJ Y Li
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 17:394-404. 2005..One of the down-regulated mRNAs was ankyrin-repeat and suppressor of cytokine signalling box-containing protein 4 (Asb-4)...
- Characterization of iodothyronine sulfatase activities in human and rat liver and placentaMonique H A Kester
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus University Medical School, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 143:814-9. 2002..hydrolysis of iodothyronine sulfates by homogenates of V79 cells expressing the human arylsulfatases A (ARSA), B (ARSB), or C (ARSC; steroid sulfatase), as well as tissue fractions of human and rat liver and placenta...
- Altered mRNA abundance of ASB15 and four other genes in skeletal muscle following administration of beta-adrenergic receptor agonistsTara G McDaneld
Department of Animal Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette 47907 2054, USA
Physiol Genomics 16:275-83. 2004..Changes in rat Asb-15 mRNA were measured at 30 min, 12 h, and 24 h following intraperitoneal injections of each compound...
- Assessing the measurement precision of various arsenic forms and arsenic exposure in the National Human Exposure Assessment Survey (NHEXAS)Edo D Pellizzari
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Environ Health Perspect 114:220-7. 2006..arsenic, arsenate [As(V)], arsenite, dimethyl arsenic acid (DMA), monomethyl arsenic acid (MMA), arsenobetaine (AsB), and arsenocholine...
- Clinical outcomes following hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for the treatment of mucopolysaccharidosis VISean Turbeville
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc, 105 Digital Drive, Novato, CA 94949, USA
Mol Genet Metab 102:111-5. 2011..While these data are based upon small numbers of recipients, they represent the largest series to date and may help clinicians assess the relative risks and benefits of currently available therapies...
- Chloroquine reduces arylsulphatase B activity and increases chondroitin-4-sulphate: implications for mechanisms of action and resistanceSumit Bhattacharyya
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 840 S, Wood St, CSN 440 M C 718 Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Malar J 8:303. 2009..and alters normal lysosomal processes, the effects of chloroquine on the lysosomal enzyme arylsulphatase B (ASB, N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulphatase), which removes 4-sulphate groups from chondroitin-4-sulphate, were addressed...
- Enzyme replacement therapy in mucopolysaccharidosis VI (Maroteaux-Lamy syndrome)Paul Harmatz
Pediatric Clinical Research Center, Children s Hospital and Research Center at Oakland, California 94606, USA
J Pediatr 144:574-80. 2004..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of weekly treatment with human recombinant N-acetylgalactosamine 4-sulfatase (rhASB) in humans with mucopolysaccharidosis type VI (MPS VI)...
- Functional analysis of a chromosomal arsenic resistance operon in Pseudomonas fluorescens strain MSP3S Prithivirajsingh
Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Mol Biol Rep 28:63-72. 2001..Nucleotide sequencing revealed the presence of three open reading frames homologous to the arsR, arsB and arsC genes of arsenic resistance...
- Enzyme replacement therapy in Mucopolysaccharidosis VI: evidence for immune responses and altered efficacy of treatment in animal modelsD A Brooks
Department of Chemical Pathology, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide South Australia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1361:203-16. 1997..The development of high titre antibody may have a detrimental effect on the efficacy of ERT...
- Sequencing and expression of two arsenic resistance operons with different functions in the highly arsenic-resistant strain Ochrobactrum tritici SCII24TRita Branco
IMAR Laboratory of Microbiology 3004 517 Coimbra, Portugal
BMC Microbiol 8:95. 2008..Organisms surviving in arsenic contaminated environments can have a diversity of mechanisms to resist to the harmful effects of arsenical compounds...
- Tandem mass spectrometry for the direct assay of lysosomal enzymes in dried blood spots: application to screening newborns for mucopolysaccharidosis VI (Maroteaux-Lamy syndrome)Trisha A Duffey
Department of Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, United States
Anal Chem 82:9587-91. 2010..4 μmol/(h L of blood), and an MPS-VI patient that had an activity of 0.12 μmol/(h L of blood). Results are also reported for the aryl sulfatase B assay in DBS from groups of normal felines and felines affected with MPS-VI...
- Speciation analysis of arsenic and selenium compounds in environmental and biological samples by ion chromatography-inductively coupled plasma dynamic reaction cell mass spectrometerRuoh Yun Wang
Department of Chemistry, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung 80424, Taiwan
Anal Chim Acta 590:239-44. 2007..arsenite [As(III)], arsenate [As(V)], monomethylarsonic acid (MMA), dimethylarsinic acid (DMA), arsenobetaine (AsB), selenite [Se(IV)] and selenate [Se(VI)]...
- [Construction and eukaryotic expression of recombinant plasmid encoding fusion protein of goat complement C3d and foot-and-mouth disease virus VP1]Jieyu Ling
State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, Wuhan 430070, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 24:209-13. 2008..The goat C3d gene was cloned and three copies were tandem-linked with the linker (G4S)2 sequence...
- Reversed papilledema in an MPS VI patient with galsulfase (Naglazyme) therapySelim T Koseoglu
Children s Hospital Oakland, 5275 Claremont Avenue, Oakland, CA 94618, USA
Int Ophthalmol 29:267-9. 2009..J Pediatr 148(4), 533-539, 2006)...
- A superfamily of metalloenzymes unifies phosphopentomutase and cofactor-independent phosphoglycerate mutase with alkaline phosphatases and sulfatasesM Y Galperin
National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20894, USA
Protein Sci 7:1829-35. 1998..Mutational changes in the vicinity of these residues in several sulfatases cause mucopolysaccharidosis (Hunter, Maroteaux-Lamy, Morquio, and Sanfilippo syndromes) and metachromatic leucodystrophy...
- Genes involved in arsenic transformation and resistance associated with different levels of arsenic-contaminated soilsLin Cai
State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, 430070, PR China
BMC Microbiol 9:4. 2009....
- Microsomal steroid sulfatase: interactions with cytosolic steroid sulfotransferasesF C Kauffman
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Chem Biol Interact 109:169-82. 1998..Unlike ARSA and ARSB, which are lysosomal, steroid sulfate sulfatase (ARSC, also known as STS) is localized exclusively in the ..
- Mutational analysis of mucopolysaccharidosis type VI patients undergoing a phase II trial of enzyme replacement therapyLitsa Karageorgos
Lysosomal Diseases Research Unit, Department of Genetic Medicine, Children, Youth and Women s Health Service, North Adelaide, SA 5006, Australia
Mol Genet Metab 90:164-70. 2007..syndrome) is a lysosomal storage disorder caused by mutations in the N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulfatase (ARSB) gene. These mutations result in a deficiency of ARSB activity...
- Enzyme replacement therapy for mucopolysaccharidosis VI from 8 weeks of age--a sibling control studyJ J McGill
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Royal Children s Hospital, Hertson, QLD, Australia
Clin Genet 77:492-8. 2010..multisystem disorder caused by a deficiency of the lysosomal enzyme N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulphatase (ASB)...
- A quantitative mannose 6-phosphate receptor-based in vitro assay for recombinant human N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulfataseM Kleinig
Research and Development Division, CSL Limited, 45 Poplar Road, Parkville, Victoria, 3052, Australia
Anal Biochem 260:128-34. 1998..Other possible applications of this assay are also discussed...
- Meeting Report:The 7th ESPE Growth Plate Working Group Symposium - EUROGROP June 27th 2007, Helsinki, FinlandRazvan L Miclea
Department of Pediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 5:680-5. 2007..Abbreviations: 11beta-HSD: 11 Beta-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase; Agc: Aggrecan; Aln: Alendronate; Asb- 4: Ankyrin Repeat and SOCS Box-Containing Protein 4; Atf6: Activating Transcription Factor6; BSP: Bisphosphonates; ..
- Ankyrin repeat and SOCS box containing protein 4 (Asb-4) interacts with GPS1 (CSN1) and inhibits c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase activityJi Yao Li
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0346, United States
Cell Signal 19:1185-92. 2007b>Asb-4 is a gene that is specifically expressed in the hypothalamic energy homeostasis-associated areas and is down-regulated in the arcuate nucleus of fasted Sprague Dawley and obese Zucker rats...
- Ankyrin repeat and suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS) box-containing protein (ASB) 15 alters differentiation of mouse C2C12 myoblasts and phosphorylation of mitogen-activated protein kinase and AktT G McDaneld
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames 50011, USA
J Anim Sci 86:2897-902. 2008Ankyrin repeat and suppressor of cytokine signaling box-containing protein (ASB) 15 is a novel ASB gene family member predominantly expressed in skeletal muscle...
- Complete remissions in chemotherapy of lung cancer models induced in mice by asbestosWilliam E Smith
Health Research Institute, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, NJ, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 72:23-32. 2005..After treatments with a nitrosourea (PCNU), mice bearing transplants of a large-cell carcinoma (ASB XIV) had complete remissions (CR) in 13 of 20 animals on a 15 mg/kg regimen, in 6 of 20 on an 8 mg/kg regimen, and ..
- Targeted introduction of a diphtheria toxin resistant mutation into the chromosomal EF-2 locus of Pichia pastoris and expression of immunotoxin in the EF-2 mutantsYuan Yi Liu
National Institute of Mental Health, NIH, Bethesda, MD 28092 4034, USA
Protein Expr Purif 30:262-74. 2003..When used to express the secreted bivalent anti-T cell immunotoxin, A-dmDT390-bisFv(G4S), the EF-2 mutant strains showed increased viability compared to the non-mutated strains...
- An Escherichia coli chromosomal ars operon homolog is functional in arsenic detoxification and is conserved in gram-negative bacteriaC Diorio
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Bacteriol 177:2050-6. 1995..This chromosomal operon was cloned, sequenced, and found to consist of three cistrons which we named arsR, arsB, and arsC because of their strong homology to plasmid-borne ars operons...
- Biochemical, pathological, and skeletal improvement of mucopolysaccharidosis VI after gene transfer to liver but not to muscleAlessandra Tessitore
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, Naples, Italy
Mol Ther 16:30-7. 2008Mucopolysaccharidosis VI (MPS VI) is caused by deficient activity of arylsulfatase B (ARSB), resulting in intralysosomal storage of dermatan sulfate (DS) and multisystem disease without central nervous system involvement...
- Anchoring skeletal muscle development and disease: the role of ankyrin repeat domain containing proteins in muscle physiologyJin Ming Tee
Hubrecht Institute for Developmental Biology and Stem Cell Research University Medical Center Utrecht, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584 CT, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol 45:318-30. 2010..with Notch and developmental stage-specific expression of the members of the Ankyrin repeat and SOCS box (ASB) containing family of proteins controlling compartment size and guiding the various steps of muscle specification...
- Effect of probiotic-, bacteriophage-, or organic acid-supplemented feeds or fermented soybean meal on the growth performance, acute-phase response, and bacterial shedding of grower pigs challenged with Salmonella enterica serotype TyphimuriumE Gebru
Laboratory of Veterinary Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, 702 701, Republic of Korea
J Anim Sci 88:3880-6. 2010..CT), a diet containing anti-Salmonella Typhimurium bacteriophage, 3 × 10(9) plaque-forming units/kg of feed (ASB), Lactobacillus plantarum CJLP56, 6.5 × 10(8) cfu/kg of feed (LP), 0...
- Improved membrane protein solubilization and clean-up for optimum two-dimensional electrophoresis utilizing GLUT-1 as a classic integral membrane proteinK Devraj
Department of Neural and Behavioral Sciences, College of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University, United States
J Neurosci Methods 184:119-23. 2009..94. Using a combination of the non-ionic detergents, n-dodecyl-beta-maltoside (DDM) and amido sulphobetaine-14 (ASB-14) for sample solubilization, and a modification of the Bio-Rad 2-D clean-up protocol involving trichloroacetic ..
- Direct transfer of starter substrates from type I fatty acid synthase to type III polyketide synthases in phenolic lipid synthesisAkimasa Miyanaga
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:871-6. 2008..vinelandii are synthesized by two type III polyketide synthases (PKSs), ArsB and ArsC, which are encoded by the ars operon...
- Outcomes of minimally invasive endoscopic resection of anterior skull base neoplasmsPete S Batra
Comprehensive Skull Base Program and Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Laryngoscope 120:9-16. 2010The objective of this study was to review clinical outcomes of minimally invasive endoscopic resection (MIER) for anterior skull base (ASB) neoplasms.
- Improved high-performance liquid chromatographic method for N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulfate sulfatase (arylsulfatase B) activity determination using uridine diphospho-N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulfateA J Leznicki
Department of Biochemistry, Nicholas Copernicus University, Torun, Poland
J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 696:193-202. 1997..isolated from hen oviduct (isthmus) with a yield of 31 mumol per 100 g of wet tissue and used for arylsulfatase B (ASB) activity determination...
- Bicistronic lentiviral vector corrects beta-hexosaminidase deficiency in transduced and cross-corrected human Sandhoff fibroblastsAudrey Arfi
Laboratoire de Genetique, Institut Cochin Université René Descartes Paris 5, INSERM U567, CNRS UMR 8104, 24 rue du Faubourg St Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Neurobiol Dis 20:583-93. 2005..The bicistronic SIV.ASB vector enabled a massive restoration of beta-hexosaminidases activity on synthetic substrates and a 20% correction ..
- Targeted disruption of the arylsulfatase B gene results in mice resembling the phenotype of mucopolysaccharidosis VIM Evers
Abteilung Biochemie II, Universitat Gottingen, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:8214-9. 1996..storage disease with autosomal recessive inheritance caused by a deficiency of the enzyme arylsulfatase B (ASB), which is involved in degradation of dermatan sulfate and chondroitin 4-sulfate...
- Toxicological responses in Laeonereis acuta (annelida, polychaeta) after arsenic exposureJuliane Ventura Lima
Departamento de Ciencias Fisiologicas, Fundação Universidade Federal do Rio Grande FURG, Rio Grande, RS, Brazil
Environ Int 33:559-64. 2007..a limited accumulation of related methylated As species and the levels of non-toxic As species like arsenobetaine (AsB) and arsenocholine (AsC) remained unchanged during the exposure period when compared with the controls...
- Cytokines in urine in elderly subjects with acute cystitis and asymptomatic bacteriuriaNils Rodhe
Centre for Clinical Research, Dalarna, Sweden
Scand J Prim Health Care 27:74-9. 2009Searching for useful diagnostic tools to discriminate between asymptomatic bacteriuria (ASB) and acute cystitis, this study compared urinary levels of cytokines/chemokines and leukocyte esterase in three groups of elderly subjects; those ..
- Electronic memorandum decreases unnecessary antimicrobial use for asymptomatic bacteriuria and culture-negative pyuriaLeslie A Linares
Veterans Affairs Boston Health Care System, Boston, Massachusetts 02132, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 32:644-8. 2011Asymptomatic bacteriuria/candidiuria (ASB) and culture-negative pyuria (CNP) are common and often result in inappropriate antibiotic use...
- Regulation and expression of the arsenic resistance operon from Staphylococcus aureus plasmid pI258G Ji
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago 60680
J Bacteriol 174:3684-94. 1992..The DNA sequence contains three genes in the order arsR, arsB, and arsC...
- Anti-IL5 decreases the number of eosinophils but not the severity of dermatitis in Sharpin-deficient miceMatthew L Renninger
Department of Comparative Pathobiology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Exp Dermatol 19:252-8. 2010..Skin homogenates from mice treated with anti-IL5 had decreased mRNA expression of arylsulfatase B (Arsb), diamine oxidase (amiloride-binding protein 1, also called histaminase; Abp1) and Il10, which are mediators that ..
- Enhanced resolution of glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored and transmembrane proteins from the lipid-rich myelin membrane by two-dimensional gel electrophoresisChristopher M Taylor
Department of Neuroscience, MC 3401, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030 3401, USA
Proteomics 3:1303-12. 2003..We have identified two detergents, the nonionic n-dodecyl beta-D-maltoside and the zwitterionic amidosulfobetaine ASB-14, that are more effective in solubilizing myelin proteins than the commonly used zwitterionic detergent 3-[(3-..
- Molecular cloning and characterization of the human ASB-8 gene encoding a novel member of ankyrin repeat and SOCS box containing protein familyYongzhong Liu
State Key Laboratory of Oncogenes and Related Genes, Shanghai Cancer Institute, Shanghai 200032, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 300:972-9. 2003We have cloned a new member of human ankyrin repeat and SOCS box containing protein family (ASB), designed as hASB-8, from a human placental cDNA library and further extended by 5(') and 3(')-RACE...
- Combining the clinical signs improves diagnosis of scaphoid fractures. A prospective study with follow-upJ Parvizi
Department of Orthopaedics, Newcastle General Hospital, UK
J Hand Surg Br 23:324-7. 1998..scaphoid fracture were examined on two separate occasions to evaluate tenderness in the anatomical snuff box (ASB), tenderness over the scaphoid tubercle (ST), pain on longitudinal compression of the thumb (LC) and the range of ..
- Structural, compositional, and biomechanical alterations of the lumbar spine in rats with mucopolysaccharidosis type VI (Maroteaux-Lamy syndrome)Alon Lai
Leni and Peter W May Department of Orthopaedics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Orthop Res 31:621-31. 2013..Our findings also suggest more broadly that abnormal accumulation of GAGs and the associated chronic pro-inflammatory and catabolic cascade may also be a source of spinal dysfunction...
- Construction and purification of His-tagged staphylococcal ArsB protein, an integral membrane protein that is involved in arsenical salt resistanceCarmela Mascio
Department of Microbiology, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH 03824 2617 USA
Indian J Microbiol 49:212-8. 2009..The operon encodes for three gene products: ArsR, ArsB and ArsC...
- [Asymptomatic bacteriuria: which management in patients with diabetes mellitus?]F Frippiat
Departement de Medecine, Service de médecine interne générale, Maladies Infectieuses, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege
Rev Med Liege 60:549-52. 2005Most of the research about asymptomatic bacteriuria (ASB) in patients with diabetes mellitus has been performed in female patients, with a prevalence of approximately 7-13 %, about 3 to 4 times higher than that reported for nondiabetic ..
- Expert recommendations for the laboratory diagnosis of MPS VIT Wood
Biochemical Genetics Laboratory at Greenwood Genetic Center, Greenwood, SC, USA
Mol Genet Metab 106:73-82. 2012..VI) is a lysosomal storage disease caused by a deficiency of N-acetylgalactosamine 4-sulfatase (arylsulfatase B, ASB). This enzyme is required for the degradation of dermatan sulfate...
- Treatment outcomes after surgical resection of midline anterior skull base meningiomas at a single centerHo Young Park
Department of Neurosurgery, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Ilwon Dong, Gangnam Gu, Seoul 135 710, South Korea
J Clin Neurosci 19:1654-8. 2012Meningiomas of the midline anterior skull base (ASB) typically grow around the optic chiasm. These tumors can displace or adhere to the optic apparatus, resulting in visual abnormalities...
- Application of HPLC-ICP-MS and HPLC-ESI-MS procedures for arsenic speciation in seaweedsYu Jhe Hsieh
Department of Chemistry, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 60:2083-9. 2012..were arsenite [As(III)], arsenate [As(V)], monomethylarsonic acid (MMA), dimethylarsinic acid (DMA), arsenobetaine (AsB), and arsenocholine (AsC)...
- Hypoxia reduces arylsulfatase B activity and silencing arylsulfatase B replicates and mediates the effects of hypoxiaSumit Bhattacharyya
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33250. 2012This report presents evidence of 1) a role for arylsulfatase B (ARSB; N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulfatase) in mediating intracellular oxygen signaling; 2) replication between the effects of ARSB silencing and hypoxia on sulfated ..
- [Simultaneous determination of four fat-soluble vitamins by microemulsion liquid chromatography]Jianrui Yang
Guangdong College of Pharmacy, Guangzhou 510006, China
Se Pu 29:995-9. 2011..The four analytes were baseline separated within 20 min on a Venusil ASB C18 column (150 mm x4.6 mm, 5 microm) with a flow rate of 0...
- Preparation and identification of scFv and bsFv against transferrin receptorJing Liu
Department of Immunology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 28:621-5. 2008..of FR1 region of variable heavy (VH) and FR4 of variable light (VL), respectively, which contained inter-linker G4S and the restriction endonuclease SfiI, AscI and NotI...
- Solubilization of human erythrocyte membranes by ASB detergentsC C Domingues
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Biologia, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 41:758-64. 2008..report results on the interaction of the novel linear alkylamido propyl dimethyl amino propanosulfonate detergents, ASB-14 and ASB-16, with human erythrocyte membranes...
- Asymptomatic bacteriuria in the elderly: high prevalence and high turnover of strainsNils Rodhe
Centre for Clinical Research, Dalarna, Falun, Sweden
Scand J Infect Dis 40:804-10. 2008Asymptomatic bacteriuria (ASB) was followed in repeated prevalence surveys in a cohort of non-institutionalized residents (n=330), aged>or=80 y. Urine samples were collected at baseline, and at 6, and at 18 months...
- Asymptomatic bacteriuria in pregestational diabetic pregnancies and the role of group B streptococcusJesus R Alvarez
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, HIMA San Pablo Hospital, Caguas, Puerto Rico
Am J Perinatol 27:231-4. 2010..if gravidas with pregestational diabetes mellitus (DM) are at increased risk for asymptomatic bacteriuria (ASB) compared with nondiabetic gravidas...
- Granulocytic differentiation of HL-60 promyelocytic leukemia cells is associated with increased expression of Cul5Shaneen S Baxter
Department of Pharmacology, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Midwestern University, 555 31st Street, Downers Grove, IL 60515, USA
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 45:264-74. 2009..The Asb-2 (ankyrin repeat SOCS box 2) gene has previously been identified as a transcriptional target in ATRA-treated HL-60 ..
- [A study on arsenic speciation analysis in animal origin seafood]Lei Zhang
National Institute for Nutrition and Food Safety, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing, China
Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi 42:298-303. 2008To develop a method for determining arsenobetaine (AsB), arsenite (AsIII), arsenate (AsV), Monomethylarsonic acid (MMA) and Dimethylarsenic acid (DMA) with liquid chromatography (LC), on-line UV-decomposition (UV), hydride generation (HG)..
- Genetic analysis of mucopolysaccharidosis type VI in Taiwanese patientsWei De Lin
Department of Medical Research, China Medical University Hospital, 2 Yuh Der Road, Taichung, Taiwan
Clin Chim Acta 394:89-93. 2008..lysosomal storage disease induced by a deficiency of the enzyme N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulfatase (arylsulfatase B, ARSB)...
- Enzyme replacement therapy attenuates disease progression in two Japanese siblings with mucopolysaccharidosis type VIMahoko Furujo
Department of Pediatrics, National Okayama Medical Center, Okayama, Japan
Mol Genet Metab 104:597-602. 2011..multisystem autosomal recessive lysosomal disorder resulting from deficient N-acetylgalactosamine-4-sulphatase (ASB) and the consequent accumulation of glycosaminoglycan (GAG)...
- Long-term amelioration of feline Mucopolysaccharidosis VI after AAV-mediated liver gene transferGabriella Cotugno
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, Naples, Italy
Mol Ther 19:461-9. 2011Mucopolysaccharidosis VI (MPS VI) is caused by deficient arylsulfatase B (ARSB) activity resulting in lysosomal storage of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs)...
- Evaluation of an integrated sponge--granular activated carbon fluidized bed bioreactor for treating primary treated sewage effluentW Xing
Centre for Technology in Water and Wastewater, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, FEIT, University of Technology Sydney, Broadway, NSW 2007, Australia
Bioresour Technol 102:5448-53. 2011An integrated fluidized bed bioreactor (iFBBR) was designed to incorporate an aerobic sponge FBBR (ASB-FBBR) into an anoxic granular activated carbon FBBR (GAC-FBBR)...
- [Speciation analysis of arsenic in seaweeds by capillary electrophoresis-inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry]Yunqiang Zhao
Key Laboratory of Analysis and Detection for Food Safety of Ministry of Education, Fuzhou University, Fuzhou 350108, China
Se Pu 29:111-4. 2011..As (III), As (V), monomethylarsonic acid (MMA), dimethylarsinic acid (DMA), arsenocholine (AsC) and arsenobetaine (AsB) in seaweeds by capillary electrophoresis-inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (CE-ICP-MS) was developed...
- Speciation of arsenic in rice and estimation of daily intake of different arsenic species by Brazilians through rice consumptionBruno L Batista
Laboratorio de Toxicologia e Essencialidade de Metais, Faculdade de Ciências Farmacêuticas de Ribeirão Preto USP, Monte Alegre, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
J Hazard Mater 191:342-8. 2011..study, the concentration of total arsenic and five main chemical species of arsenic (As(3+), As(5+), DMA, MMA and AsB) were evaluated in 44 different rice samples (white, parboiled white, brown, parboiled brown, parboiled organic and ..
- AlleleSeq: analysis of allele-specific expression and binding in a network frameworkJoel Rozowsky
Program in Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Mol Syst Biol 7:522. 2011To study allele-specific expression (ASE) and binding (ASB), that is, differences between the maternally and paternally derived alleles, we have developed a computational pipeline (AlleleSeq)...
- Updating a model of pulp and paper wastewater treatment in a partial-mix aerated stabilization basin systemCurtis W Bryant
URS Corporation, 1007 Fieldgreen Court, New Bern, NC 28562, USA
Water Sci Technol 62:1248-55. 2010A relatively simple set of calculations was presented in 1994 to evaluate the effectiveness of each ASB cell as reactor, clarifier, and digester...
- Asymptomatic bacteriuria and antibacterial susceptibility patterns in an obstetric populationSevki Celen
Obstetrics and Gynecology, Zekai Tahir Burak Women s Health Education and Research Hospital, Ankara 06230, Turkey
ISRN Obstet Gynecol 2011:721872. 2011Introduction. Asymptomatic bacteriuria (ASB), occurring in 2-11% of pregnancies, is a major predisposition to the development of pyelonephritis, which is associated with obstetrical complications, such as preterm labor and low birth ..
- Thermodynamic and structural characterization of zwitterionic micelles of the membrane protein solubilizing amidosulfobetaine surfactants ASB-14 and ASB-16Mariana G D'Andrea
Laboratório de Biocalorimetria, Instituto de Bioquímica Médica, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Langmuir 27:8248-56. 2011..were used to determine the critical micelle concentration (cmc) of the zwitterionic amidosulfobetaine surfactants ASB-14 and ASB-16 (linear-alkylamidopropyldimethylammoniopropanosulfonates) at 25 °C...
- Proteomic alterations in mouse kidney induced by andrographolide sodium bisulfiteHong Lu
School of Pharmacology, Zhejiang Chinese Medical University, Hangzhou 310053, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 32:888-94. 2011To identify the key proteins involved in the nephrotoxicity induced by andrographolide sodium bisulfite (ASB).
- ArsAB, a novel enzyme from Sporomusa ovata activates phenolic bases for adenosylcobamide biosynthesisChi Ho Chan
Department of Bacteriology, University of Wisconsin, 1550 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706 1521, USA
Mol Microbiol 81:952-67. 2011..The alluded genes were named arsA and arsB (for alpha-ribotide synthesis), arsA and arsB were isolated from a genomic DNA library of S. ovata...
- Resting heart rate and the development of antisocial behavior from age 9 to 14: genetic and environmental influencesLaura A Baker
Department of Psychology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 1061, USA
Dev Psychopathol 21:939-60. 2009The genetic and environmental basis of a well-replicated association between antisocial behavior (ASB) and resting heart rate was investigated in a longitudinal twin study, based on two measurements between the ages of 9 and 14 years...
- Clinical utility of endurance measures for evaluation of treatment in patients with mucopolysaccharidosis VI (Maroteaux-Lamy syndrome)Arline McDonald
Department of Preventive Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, IL, USA
J Pediatr Rehabil Med 3:119-27. 2010..This review highlights the clinical validity of endurance measures as inexpensive diagnostic tools for diseases affecting multiple organ systems and evaluating the impact of therapeutic modalities, such as ERT for MPS VI...
- Matrix solid-phase dispersion as a sample pretreatment for the speciation of arsenic in seafood productsAntonio Moreda-Piñeiro
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Nutrition and Bromatology, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Santiago de Compostela, Avenida das Ciencias, s n 15782, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Anal Chem 80:9272-8. 2008..species (arsenite, As(III); arsenate, As(V); monomethylarsonic acid; dimethylarsinic acid, DMA; arsenobetaine, AsB; and arsenocholine) from seafood products...
- Application of fast ultrasound water-bath assisted enzymatic hydrolysis--high performance liquid chromatography-inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry procedures for arsenic speciation in seafood materialsAntonio Moreda-Piñeiro
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Nutrition and Bromatology, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Santiago de Compostela, Avenida das Ciencias, S N, 15782 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1218:6970-80. 2011Enzymatic hydrolysis of seafood materials for isolating arsenic species (As(III), As(V), DMA and AsB) has been successfully performed by assisting the procedure with ultrasound energy (35 kHz) supplied by an ultrasound water-bath...
- Cell-surface arylsulfatase A and B on sinusoidal endothelial cells, hepatocytes, and Kupffer cells in mammalian liversKeiko Mitsunaga-Nakatsubo
Department of Mathematical and Life Sciences, Graduate School of Science, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Med Mol Morphol 42:63-9. 2009Arylsulfatase A (ARSA) and B (ARSB) have been regarded as lysosomal enzymes because of their hydrolytic activity on synthetic aromatic substrates and the lysosomal localization of their enzymatic activity...
- Anatomical and technical correlates in endoscopic anterior skull base surgery: a cadaveric analysisPete S Batra
Comprehensive Skull Base Program and Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 142:827-31. 2010The objectives of this study were to 1) evaluate anatomical relationships and 2) develop technical correlates for endoscopic anterior skull base (ASB) surgery.
- The sulfatase gene family: cross-species PCR cloning using the MOPAC techniqueM Grompe
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Genomics 12:755-60. 1992..primers corresponding to these regions of identity among human arylsulfatases A, B, and steroid sulfatase (ARSA, ARSB, and STS) were designed...
- Ankyrin repeat and SOCS box 3 (ASB3) mediates ubiquitination and degradation of tumor necrosis factor receptor IIAlicia S Chung
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Brown University School of Medicine and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:4716-26. 2005Ankyrin repeat and SOCS box (ASB) family members have a C-terminal SOCS box and an N-terminal ankyrin-related sequence of variable repeats belonging to the SOCS superfamily...
- Direct comparison of measures of endurance, mobility, and joint function during enzyme-replacement therapy of mucopolysaccharidosis VI (Maroteaux-Lamy syndrome): results after 48 weeks in a phase 2 open-label clinical study of recombinant human N-acetylgaPaul Harmatz
Children s Hospital and Research Center at Oakland, 747 52nd St, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Pediatrics 115:e681-9. 2005..syndrome) is a lysosomal storage disease caused by a deficiency of the enzyme N-acetylgalactosamine 4-sulfatase (ASB). This enzyme deficiency leads to a progressive disorder with multiple tissue and organ involvement...
- The development of antisocial behaviour from childhood to adolescence. A longitudinal twin studyCatherine Tuvblad
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, P O Box 281, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 14:216-25. 2005Recent theory proposes that aggressive and nonaggressive antisocial behaviour (ASB) represent different pathways toward delinquency...
- ASB proteins interact with Cullin5 and Rbx2 to form E3 ubiquitin ligase complexesJunya Kohroki
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tokyo University of Science, Yamazaki 2641, Noda shi, Chiba 278 8510, Japan
FEBS Lett 579:6796-802. 2005The ankyrin repeat and SOCS box (ASB) family is composed of 18 proteins from ASB1 to ASB18 and belongs to the suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS) box protein superfamily...
- Ankyrin repeat and SOCS box protein 15 regulates protein synthesis in skeletal muscleT G McDaneld
Department of Animal Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 290:R1672-82. 2006Ankyrin repeat and SOCS box protein 15 (ASB15) is an Asb family member expressed predominantly in skeletal muscle. We have previously reported that ASB15 mRNA abundance decreases after administration of beta-adrenergic receptor agonists...
- OLIGOSACCHARIDE STRUCTURE & FUNCTION IN RECOGNITIONJacques U Baenziger; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have demonstrated by biochemical and genetic means that the Mannose/GalNAc-4-SO4-receptor (M/G4S-R) and the asialoglycoprotein-receptor (ASGP-R) mediate the respective clearance of glycoproteins that bear the N-..
- Mechanisms of arsenical transportBarry Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2007..binding sites and signal transduction domains of the ArsA ATPase, as well as the way in which ArsA interacts with ArsB, the membrane component of the pump...
- Cranberry for Prevention of Bacteriuria in PregnancyDeborah Wing; Fiscal Year: 2005..Colonization of the urinary bladder, known as asymptomatic bacteriuria (ASB), often precedes the development of symptomatic urinary tract infections...
- Development, Implementation and Evaluation of Novel Strategies to Reduce InappropCURTIS DONSKEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..care settings because they are common and because treatment is often prescribed for asymptomatic bacteriuria (ASB), for which therapy is not indicated...
- Development, Implementation and Evaluation of Novel Strategies to Reduce InappropCURTIS DONSKEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..care settings because they are common and because treatment is often prescribed for asymptomatic bacteriuria (ASB), for which therapy is not indicated...
- Notch-induced protein degradation in lymphopoiesisXiao Hong Sun; Fiscal Year: 2010..that Notch signaling stimulates the transcription of a family of ankyrin repeats and SOCS box containing proteins (Asb), which can promote the degradation of proteins targeted by Notch...
- Notch-induced protein degradation in lymphopoiesisXiao Hong Sun; Fiscal Year: 2010..that Notch signaling stimulates the transcription of a family of ankyrin repeats and SOCS box containing proteins (Asb), which can promote the degradation of proteins targeted by Notch...
- Obesity is a Surgical ProblemMichael W Mulholland; Fiscal Year: 2010..analysis of hypothalamic gene expression changes has identified ankyrin repeat and SOCS box containing protein 4 (Asb-4) as a very promising investigative target...
- MECHANISMS OF AN ATP COUPLED ARSENICAL PUMPBarry Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2000..Two of the structural genes, the arsA and arsB genes, encode the two subunits of the pump...
- AIDS-related Animal Services Building Cage Washing FacilityM Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..requests funds to renovate the old cage washing facility in the original part of the Animal Services Building (ASB) complex that houses nonhuman primates (NHPs)...
- FASEB SUMMER CONFERENCE ON PHOSPHOLIPASESAndrew Morris; Fiscal Year: 2004..This will be the seventh ASB conference on this subject...
- ANIMAL MODELS OF MUCOPOLYSACCHARIDOSESMark Haskins; Fiscal Year: 1993..the two lysosomal enzymes which are deficient in these diseases, alpha-L-iduronidase (alphaID) and arylsulfatase B (ASB), respectively, 5) characterized the biochemical defects underlying each disease, 6) comparatively mapped the human ..
- ANIMAL MODELS OF MUCOPOLYSACCHARIDOSESMark Haskins; Fiscal Year: 2004..assays for the lysosomal enzymes which are deficient in these diseases, cx-L-iduronidase (ID) and arylsulfatase B (ASB), 4) isolated and expressed human, feline, and rat ASB and feline ID cDNAs, 5) constructed retroviral and adeno-..
- OLIGOSACCHARIDE STRUCTURE & FUNCTION IN RECOGNITIONJACQUES BAENZIGER; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have demonstrated by biochemical and genetic means that the Mannose/GalNAc-4-SO4-receptor (M/G4S-R) and the asialoglycoprotein-receptor (ASGP-R) mediate the respective clearance of glycoproteins that bear the N-..
- Sugar-sweetened beverages and cardiovascular disease risk: an RCTDavid S Ludwig; Fiscal Year: 2010..rising public health awareness of these potential adverse effects, consumption of artificially sweetened beverages (ASB) has increased dramatically...
- ANIMAL MODELS OF MUCOPOLYSACCHARIDOSESMark Haskins; Fiscal Year: 2000..MPS I due to alpha-iduronidase (ID) deficiency, for which there is a cat model, and MPS VI due to aryl sulfatase B (ASB) deficiency for which there are cat and rat models...
- OLIGOSACCHARIDE STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION IN RECOGNITIONJACQUES BAENZIGER; Fiscal Year: 2007..We previously defined how the Mannose/GalNAc-4-SO4-receptor (M/G4S-R) mediates the clearance of glycoproteins that bear the N-linked oligosaccharide signature of terminal GalNAc-4-..
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF AN ION MOTIVE ATPASEDOMENICO GATTI; Fiscal Year: 2001..The arsA and the arsB genes o the operon encode, respectively, the catalytic subunit (ATPase) and the membrane subunit of the pump...
- Mechanism of an ATP-coupled arsenical pumpBarry Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2004..The ars operon codes for two regulatory (ArsR and ArsD) and three structural (ArsA, ArsB and ArsC) proteins. Resistance correlates with active extrusion of arsenite from the cell by a primary pump...
- Nonhuman Primate Primary Housing Units for Animal Services Building 3M Smith; Fiscal Year: 2006..ASB3 is the third addition to the original ASB and will add an additional 900 housing spaces for NHPs in cages and small group housing units...
- ANTISOCIAL BEHAVIORS IN US AND ISLAND PUERTO RICAN YOUTHHector Bird; Fiscal Year: 2004..compares the development, the comorbidities and the risk factors of disruptive disorders and antisocial behaviors (ASB) in Puerto Rican children and adolescents in Puerto Rico (P.R.) and the mainland U.S...