Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ARHGEF7
Description: Rho guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) 7
Alias: BETA-PIX, COOL-1, COOL1, Nbla10314, P50, P50BP, P85, P85COOL1, P85SPR, PAK3, PIXB, PAK-interacting exchange factor beta, SH3 domain-containing proline-rich protein, guanine nucleotide exchange factor 7, rho guanine nucleotide exchange factor 7
Publications162 found, 100 shown here
- Salt-induced immobilizations of DNA oligonucleotides on an epoxide-activated high-performance liquid chromatographic affinity supportJ B Wheatley
Terrapin Technologies, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Chromatogr A 726:77-90. 1996..Purified p50 protein, the DNA binding element of NF-kappa B, and nuclear extracts from phorbol ester-stimulated HeLa cells were ..
- Differential activation of NF kappa B/RelA-p50 and NF kappa B/p50-p50 in control and alcohol-drinking rats subjected to carrageenin-induced pleurisyAshok K Singh
Department of Veterinary Population Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota, St Paul Campus, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Mediators Inflamm 13:255-62. 2004..Inflammation onset is characterized by an activation of pro-inflammatory NFkappaB, RelA-p50, while inflammation resolution is characterized by an activation of an anti-inflammatory NFkappaB, p50-p50, that re-..
- A novel splice mutation in PAK3 gene underlying mental retardation with neuropsychiatric featuresImen Rejeb
Maladies Hereditaires et Congenitales, Service des Maladies Héréditaires et Congénitales, Hôpital Charles Nicole, Tunis, Tunisia
Eur J Hum Genet 16:1358-63. 2008b>PAK3-related mental retardation represents a rare cause of X-linked mental retardation associated with behavioural symptoms...
- Protein kinase A-dependent phosphorylation modulates beta1Pix guanine nucleotide exchange factor activity through 14-3-3beta bindingAhmed Chahdi
Division of Nephrology and Kidney Disease Center, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:1679-87. 2008..These results indicate that 14-3-3beta negatively affects the GEF activity of dimeric beta(1)Pix only. Altogether, these results provide a mechanistic insight into the role of 14-3-3beta in modulating beta(1)Pix-GEF activity...
- Targeting and activation of Rac1 are mediated by the exchange factor beta-PixJean Paul ten Klooster
Sanquin Research and Landsteiner Laboratory, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, 1066 CX Amsterdam, Netherlands
J Cell Biol 172:759-69. 2006..These data provide a model for the intracellular targeting and localized activation of Rac1 through its exchange factor beta-Pix...
- PAK kinases are directly coupled to the PIX family of nucleotide exchange factorsE Manser
Glaxo IMCB Group, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore
Mol Cell 1:183-92. 1998..PIX can induce membrane ruffling, with an associated activation of Rac1. Our results suggest a role for PIX in Cdc42-to-Rac1 signaling, involving the PIX/PAK complex...
- Cloning of a SH3 domain-containing proline-rich protein, p85SPR, and its localization in focal adhesionW K Oh
Department of Life Science, Kwang Ju Institute of Science and Technology, Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 235:794-8. 1997..In A431 cell, p85SPR is enriched at focal adhesion points indicating that the protein may interact with protein(s) in focal complexes.
- BetaPix up-regulates Na+/H+ exchanger 3 through a Shank2-mediated protein-protein interactionJung Soo Lee
Department of Pharmacology and Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Institute of Gastroenterology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul 120 752, Korea
J Biol Chem 285:8104-13. 2010..These results indicate that betaPix up-regulates NHE3 membrane expression and activity by Shank2-mediated protein-protein interaction and by activating Rho GTPases in the apical regions of epithelial cells...
- Regulation of SPIN90 phosphorylation and interaction with Nck by ERK and cell adhesionChol Seung Lim
Department of Life Science, Kwangju Institute of Science and Technology, 1 Oryong dong, Buk Gu, Gwangju 500 712, Korea
J Biol Chem 278:52116-23. 2003..It thus appears that the interaction of the betaPIX.WASP.SPIN90 complex with Nck is crucial for stable cell adhesion and can be dynamically modulated by SPIN90 phosphorylation that is dependent on cell adhesion and ERK activation...
- Identification of preferred protein interactions by phage-display of the human Src homology-3 proteomeSatu Kärkkäinen
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Biokatu 8, Tampere 33014, Finland
EMBO Rep 7:186-91. 2006....
- Paxillin LD4 motif binds PAK and PIX through a novel 95-kD ankyrin repeat, ARF-GAP protein: A role in cytoskeletal remodelingC E Turner
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, State University of New York, Health Science Center, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Cell Biol 145:851-63. 1999..These data implicate paxillin as a mediator of p21 GTPase-regulated actin cytoskeletal reorganization through the recruitment to nascent focal adhesion structures of an active PAK/PIX complex potentially via interactions with p95PKL...
- Structural analysis of the SH3 domain of beta-PIX and its interaction with alpha-p21 activated kinase (PAK)Helen R Mott
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, UK
Biochemistry 44:10977-83. 2005..When PAK is activated, Ser-199 in the PIX-binding site is phosphorylated. This phosphorylation is sufficient to reduce the affinity for PIX 6-fold...
- A novel regulator of p21-activated kinasesS Bagrodia
Department of Molecular Medicine, Molecular and Cell Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853 6401, USA
J Biol Chem 273:23633-6. 1998..Here we report the identification of two closely related Pak3-binding proteins, possibly arising from alternative splicing, designated p50 and p85(Cool-1) (cloned out of library)..
- A tyrosine-phosphorylated protein that binds to an important regulatory region on the cool family of p21-activated kinase-binding proteinsS Bagrodia
Department of Molecular Medicine, Molecular and Cell Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853 6401, USA
J Biol Chem 274:22393-400. 1999..We, and others, recently identified a family of proteins termed Cool/Pix, which interact with Pak3. In cells, p50(Cool-1) suppresses Pak activation by upstream activators; p85(Cool-1) has a permissive effect on Pak ..
- Involvement of Raf-1 kinase and protein kinase C zeta in insulin-like growth factor I-induced brown adipocyte mitogenic signaling cascades: inhibition by cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphateA M Valverde
, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Endocrinology 137:3832-41. 1996..5-fold, whereas the tyrosine-phosphorylated IGF-I receptor was not directly associated with the p85 subunit of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase...
- A three-dimensional collagen lattice induces protein kinase C-zeta activity: role in alpha2 integrin and collagenase mRNA expressionJ Xu
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, SUNY at Stony Brook, New York 11794-8165, USA
J Cell Biol 136:473-83. 1997..The composition of the NF-kappaB/Rel complexes that contained p50, was not changed...
- Effect of a synthetic lipid immunomodulator on the regulation of the transcription factor NF-kappaBS Pollet
, La Tronche, France
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 22:653-69. 2000..Antibodies to various NF-kappaB proteins supershifted p50, p65 and to a lesser extent c-rel...
- Ca(2+)-evoked serotonin secretion by parafollicular cells: roles in signal transduction of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase, and the gamma and zeta isoforms of protein kinase CK Liu
Division of Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 20:1365-73. 2000..PF cells were found to express regulatory (p85) and catalytic (p110alpha and p110beta) subunits of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase (PI3'-kinase)...
- Automated oxyhemoglobin dissociation curve construction to assess sickle cell anemia therapyR C Young
School of Medicine, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 92:430-5. 2000..Oxygen affinity of red cells was assessed by calculation of P50 (the PO2 at which hemoglobin is half saturated)...
- Coupling of M2 muscarinic receptors to membrane ion channels via phosphoinositide 3-kinase gamma and atypical protein kinase CY X Wang
Department of Animal Biology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 274:13859-64. 1999..PI-3K and by injection of beta gamma binding peptides, but it was not affected by expression of dominant negative p85 cRNA...
- Oxygen transport dynamics of acellular hemoglobin solutions in an isovolemic hemodilution model in swineS N Vaslef
Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Trauma 51:1153-60. 2001..We hypothesized that acellular hemoglobin solutions are useful oxygen carriers in anemic states and that higher P50 solutions transport O2 more efficiently than low P50 solutions...
- Paraspinal muscle evoked cerebral potentials in patients with unilateral low back painY Zhu
Department of Neurology, University of California, Irvine
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 18:1096-102. 1993..In patients with unilateral muscle spasm, the amplitudes of P30-N40, N40-P50, and P50-N70 were decreased significantly on the affected side when compared with values on stimulation of the ..
- [Pattern electroretinogram in anterior ischemic optic neuropathy]C Almarcegui
Servicio de Neurofisiologia Clinica, Hospital Miguel Servet, Zaragoza, Espana
Rev Neurol 32:18-21. 2001..Anterior ischemia optic neuropathy is defined as ischemia of the disc optic papilla nerve. The aetiology is multifactorial and causes ischemia of the optic disc and apoptosis of the nerve cells of the retina...
- Inhibition of NF-kappaB-DNA binding by mercuric ion: utility of the non-thiol reductant, tris(2-carboxyethyl)phosphine hydrochloride (TCEP), on detection of impaired NF-kappaB-DNA binding by thiol-directed agentsF J Dieguez-Acuna
Department of Environmental Health, 4225 Roosevelt Way NE, Suite 100, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Toxicol In Vitro 14:7-16. 2000..of nuclear factor kappaB (NF-kappaB) by mercaptide bond formation with a critical cysteine moiety (cys(62)) on the p50 subunit required for DNA binding...
- NF-kappaB involvement in the activation of primary adult T-cell leukemia cells and its clinical implicationsN Arima
First Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Sakuragaoka, Japan
Exp Hematol 27:1168-75. 1999..activities in human T cells are mediated by at least four c-Rel-related DNA binding proteins - p50, p55, p75 and p85. We examined the significance of NF-kappaB induction in primary adult T cell leukemia cells and the induction ..
- [The efficacy of autocatalytic casapse-3 driven by human telomerase reverse transcriptase promoter on human ovarian carcinoma]Yue Song
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:2919-24. 2007..To construct recombinant adenoviral vector expressing autocatalysis caspase-3 driven by human telomerase reverse transcriptase promoter (hTERTp), and investigate its antitumor effect on ovarian cancer in vitro and in vivo...
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor signals for increased glucose transport via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase- and hydrogen peroxide-dependent mechanismsManya Dhar-Mascareno
Program in Molecular Pharmacology and Chemistry, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 278:11107-14. 2003..motif in alpha GMR at residues 358-361 as a potential interaction site for the PI 3-kinase regulatory subunit, p85. Physical evidence for p85 binding to alpha GMR was obtained by co-immunoprecipitation with antibodies to alpha GMR ..
- Pentoxifylline treatment improves neurological and neurochemical deficits in rats subjected to transient brain ischemiaRenata de Barros Bruno
Department of Biophysiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine of Juazeiro do Norte FMJ, Av Tenente Raimundo Rocha s n, Juazeiro do Norte, 63040 000, Brazil
Brain Res 1260:55-64. 2009..This parameter was not significantly reversed after P treatment (ISC+P50 or ISC+P100)...
- NF-kappa B p50 regulates C/EBP alpha expression and inflammatory cytokine-induced neutrophil productionDehua Wang
Division of Pediatric Oncology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
J Immunol 182:5757-62. 2009..Having found that C/EBPalpha binds NF-kappaB p50 preferentially compared with NF-kappaB p65, we have now investigated myelopoiesis in nfkb1(-/-) mice lacking NF-..
- Cardiorespiratory responses of the woodchuck and porcupine to CO2 and hypoxiaD F Boggs
Department of Zoology, University of Montana, Missoula 59812
J Comp Physiol B 159:641-8. 1989..The woodchuck P50 of 27.8 was hardly different from the porcupine value of 30.7, but the Bohr factor, -0...
- Existence of both inhibitory (p58) and activatory (p50) receptors for HLA-C molecules in human natural killer cellsA Moretta
Istiuto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova Italy
J Exp Med 182:875-84. 1995..Biochemical analysis of the activatory EB6 molecules revealed a molecular mass of approximately 50 kD (p50), thus differing from the 58-kD inhibitory form...
- NF-kappaB regulates the expression of the human complement receptor 2 geneMate Tolnay
Department of Cellular Injury, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
J Immunol 169:6236-43. 2002..By supershift analysis, the first two elements bound NF-kappaB p50 and p65 and heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein RNP D, respectively...
- Interspecific variation in xylem vulnerability to cavitation among tropical tree and shrub speciesOmar R Lopez
University of Utah, Department of Biology, 257 South and 1400 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 0840, USA
Tree Physiol 25:1553-62. 2005..Stem xylem vulnerability was scored as the xylem water potential causing 50 and 75% loss of hydraulic conductivity (P50 and P75, respectively). Four shade-tolerant shrubs ranged from moderately resistant (P50=-1...
- The use of visual evoked potentials to follow-up prisoners of war after release from detention campsA Vrca
Department of Neurology, Clinical Hospital Dubrava, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 21:229-33. 1997..statistically significantly prolonged latencies of the P100 wave and significantly greater amplitudes of waves P50 and N75. The results can be regarded as progression of the VEP changes in the released POWs...
- Tyrosine residue 719 of the c-kit receptor is essential for binding of the P85 subunit of phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3-kinase and for c-kit-associated PI 3-kinase activity in COS-1 cellsH Serve
Molecular Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, New York
J Biol Chem 269:6026-30. 1994..of the immediate events after binding of the kit ligand to the receptor is its association with the 85-kDa subunit (p85) of the phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3-kinase and the activation of the enzyme...
- A comparative study of the phosphotyrosyl phosphatase specificity of protein phosphatase type 2A and phosphotyrosyl phosphatase type 1B using phosphopeptides and the phosphoproteins p50/HS1, c-Fgr and LynP Agostinis
Afdeling Biochemie, Faculteit der Geneeskunde, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Biochem 236:548-57. 1996..examined in vitro using phosphotyrosine-containing peptides, derived from the phosphorylation sites of p34cdc2, p50/HS1 protein, Abl, c-Src and c-Fgr, as well as the intact phosphoprotein p50/HS1 and the Src-related tyrosine ..
- Enhancement of nuclear factor-kappa B acetylation by coactivator p300 and HIV-1 Tat proteinsBansri Furia
Department of Biochemistry, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey 07103, USA
J Biol Chem 277:4973-80. 2002..Here, we show that the p50 subunit as well as the p50/p65 of NF-kappaB, and not other factors such as SP1, TFIIB, polymerase II, TFIIA, or p65,..
- Recruitment of the tyrosine phosphatase Src homology 2 domain tyrosine phosphatase-2 to the p85 subunit of phosphatidylinositol-3 (PI-3) kinase is required for insulin-like growth factor-I-dependent PI-3 kinase activation in smooth muscle cellsMijin Kwon
Division of Endocrinology, 6111 Thurston Bowles, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7170, USA
Endocrinology 147:1458-65. 2006..Similarly in cells expressing native SHP-2, IGF-I induced SHP-2 binding to p85, whereas in cells expressing SHP-2/C459S, there was no increase...
- Selection of optimal kappa B/Rel DNA-binding motifs: interaction of both subunits of NF-kappa B with DNA is required for transcriptional activationC Kunsch
Department of Gene Regulation, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Mol Cell Biol 12:4412-21. 1992Analysis of the p50 and p65 subunits of the NF-kappa B transcription factor complex has revealed that both proteins can interact with related DNA sequences through either homo- or heterodimer formation...
- Clinical ability of pattern electroretinograms and visual evoked potentials in detecting visual dysfunction in ocular hypertension and glaucomaVincenzo Parisi
Fondazione per l Oftalmologia G B Bietti IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Ophthalmology 113:216-28. 2006..To assess the presence of normal or abnormal pattern electroretinogram (PERG) and visual evoked potential (VEP) responses in patients with ocular hypertension or open-angle glaucoma (OAG)...
- [The paradigm of abnormal sensory gating in fear extinction as pathophysiology in obsessive-compulsive disorder]Eiji Shimizu
Department of Cognitive Behavioral Physiology, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine
Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 113:54-9. 2011..We have reported alterations of auditory P50 suppression in human fear conditioning and extinction in healthy control subjects (Kurayama, et al., 2009)...
- Beta-adrenergic control of blood oxygen affinity in acutely hypoxia exposed rainbow troutV Tetens
Department of Zoophysiology, University of Aarhus, Denmark
J Comp Physiol B 157:667-75. 1987..01) increase in blood O2 affinity, from the normoxic P50 value (at pHc 7.93) of 23.2 +/- 1.1 mmHg to about 19 mmHg, within 5 min...
- [Estrogen protects the dopaminergic neurons in substantia nigra against damage induced by 6-hydroxydopamine]Jin Lan Meng
Department of Physiology, Kunming Medical University, Kunming 650031, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 60:369-74. 2008Substantial evidence strongly implies that sensory gating P50 (also called P50 auditory evoked potential, P50) and dopaminergic neurotransmitters are related...
- Role of protein phosphatase 2A in calcium-dependent chloride secretion by human colonic epithelial cellsJimmy Y C Chow
Division of Gastroenterology, 0063 University Center 303, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0063, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C452-9. 2007..Although both EGF and carbachol cause tyrosine phosphorylation of p85 of PI 3-kinase, only EGF activates the enzyme...
- Reduced basal and lipopolysaccharide-stimulated adenosine A1 receptor expression in the brain of nuclear factor-kappaB p50-/- miceK A Jhaveri
Department of Pharmacology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, PO Box 19629, Springfield, IL 62794 9629, USA
Neuroscience 146:415-26. 2007..The prototypic transcription factor is composed of homo- or heterodimers of p50 and p65 subunits...
- Effect of pluronic p85 on amino acid transport in bovine brain microvessel endothelial cellsXiaoBin Zhang
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Center for Drug Delivery and Nanomedicine, College of Pharmacy, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 4:35-46. 2009A synthetic amphiphilic block copolymer Pluronic P85 (P85) was shown to be among the most potent inhibitors of Pgp efflux system in the blood-brain barrier (BBB) and capable of enhancing delivery of Pgp substrates to the brain...
- A novel surface molecule homologous to the p58/p50 family of receptors is selectively expressed on a subset of human natural killer cells and induces both triggering of cell functions and proliferationC Bottino
Istituto Scientifico Tumori, Genova, Italy
Eur J Immunol 26:1816-24. 1996Human natural killer (NK) cells express inhibitory (p58) or activatory (p50) receptors for HLA-C alleles. Here, we describe a novel member of the p58/p50 family that is expressed by a subset of NK cells in about one third of donors...
- Two major proteins from locust plasma are involved in coagulation and are specifically precipitated by laminarin, a beta-1,3-glucanB Duvic
Laboratoire de Pathologie Comparée, URA INRA CNRS 2209, Universite de Montpellier II, France
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 28:959-67. 1998..induced the precipitation of two major proteins with molecular masses of about 260,000 (P260) and 85,000 Da (P85)...
- Independence of stem and leaf hydraulic traits in six Euphorbiaceae tree species with contrasting leaf phenologyJun Wen Chen
Kunming Division, Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, 88 Xuefu Road, 650223, Kunming, Yunnan, People s Republic of China
Planta 230:459-68. 2009..Xylem water potential at 50% loss of stem hydraulic conductivity (P50(stem)) was more negative in the evergreen tree, but leaf water potential at 50% loss of leaf hydraulic conductivity ..
- Mechanisms of ubiquitin-mediated, limited processing of the NF-kappaB1 precursor protein p105A Ciechanover
Department of Biochemistry and the Rappaport Institute for Research in the Medical Sciences, The Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Haifa, Israel
Biochimie 83:341-9. 2001..NF-kappaB, the substrate, the precursor protein p105, is processed in a limited manner to yield the active subunit p50. p50 is derived from the N-terminal domain of p105, whereas the C-terminal domain is degraded...
- Missense mutation in PAK3, R67C, causes X-linked nonspecific mental retardationT Bienvenu
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U129 ICGM, Faculté de Médecine Cochin, Paris, France
Am J Med Genet 93:294-8. 2000..Recently, a study using the candidate gene approach demonstrated the presence of mutations in PAK3 (p21-activating kinase) associated with nonspecific mental retardation...
- Inhibition of the promotion of hepatocarcinogenesis by 2,2',4,4',5,5'-hexachlorobiphenyl (PCB-153) by the deletion of the p50 subunit of NF-kappa B in miceHoward P Glauert
Graduate Center for Nutritional Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 232:302-8. 2008..The present study examined the effect of deleting the p50 subunit of NF-kappaB on the hepatic tumor promoting activity of 2,2',4,4',5,5'-hexachlorobiphenyl (PCB-153) in mice...
- Integrin-dependent translocation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase to the cytoskeleton of thrombin-activated platelets involves specific interactions of p85 alpha with actin filaments and focal adhesion kinaseC Guinebault
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 326, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
J Cell Biol 129:831-42. 1995..but not of PtdIns(3,4,5,)P3 is strongly correlated with the relocation to the cytoskeleton of 29% of the p85 alpha regulatory subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PtdIns 3-kinase) and is accompanied by a significant ..
- Overexpression in COS cells of p50, the major core protein associated with mRNA, results in translation inhibitionE K Davydova
Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 25:2911-6. 1997b>p50, the major core protein of messenger ribonucleoprotein particles (mRNPs) in the cytoplasm of somatic mammalian cells, has been characterized previously as a member of the Y-box binding transcription factor family of proteins (YB-..
- Targeted deletion of NF-kappaB p50 diminishes the cardioprotection of histone deacetylase inhibitionL X Zhang
Department of Medicine, Brown Medical School, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H2154-63. 2010..The purpose of this study is to investigate whether the disruption of NF-kappaB p50 would eliminate the protective effects of HDAC inhibition...
- Ebselen, a seleno-organic antioxidant, is neuroprotective after embolic strokes in rabbits: synergism with low-dose tissue plasminogen activatorPaul A Lapchak
University of California San Diego, Department of Neuroscience, MTF 316, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, Calif 92093 0624, USA
Stroke 34:2013-8. 2003..Therefore, we determined the effects of ebselen when administered alone or with the thrombolytic tissue plasminogen activator (tPA), the only Food and Drug Administration-approved pharmacological agent for the treatment of stroke...
- Inhibition of Helicobacter hepaticus-induced colitis by IL-10 requires the p50/p105 subunit of NF-kappa BMichal F Tomczak
Immunology Research Division, Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 177:7332-9. 2006Defects within the innate immune system sensitize NF-kappaB-deficient (p50(-/-); p65(+/-)) mice to Helicobacter hepaticus (Hh)-induced colitis...
- [Sensory gating P50 in schizophrenic patients with and without homicide]Hong Xing Wang
Department of Neurology, Xuanwu Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100053, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:2616-20. 2009To investigate the change of sensory gating P50 in schizophrenic patients with and without homicide.
- A novel RBP-J kappa-dependent switch from C/EBP beta to C/EBP zeta at the C/EBP binding site on the C-reactive protein promoterPrem Prakash Singh
Department of Pharmacology, James H Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
J Immunol 178:7302-9. 2007..A critical transcriptional regulatory element on the CRP promoter is a C/EBP binding site overlapping a NF-kappaB p50 binding site. In response to IL-6, C/EBPbeta and p50 occupy the C/EBP-p50 site on the CRP promoter...
- Pharmacology of caffeinol in embolized rabbits: clinical rating scores and intracerebral hemorrhage incidencePaul A Lapchak
University of California San Diego, Department of Neuroscience, La Jolla 92093 0624, USA
Exp Neurol 188:286-91. 2004..analysis was conducted 24 h following embolization, allowing for the determination of the effective stroke dose (P50) or clot amount (mg) that produces neurological deficits in 50% of the rabbits...
- Sensory gating deficits assessed by the P50 event-related potential in subjects with schizotypal personality disorderK S Cadenhead
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego 92093 0804, USA
Am J Psychiatry 157:55-9. 2000..Attention and information processing can be assessed by testing suppression of the P50 event-related potential; the amplitude of the P50 wave is measured in response to each of two auditory clicks...
- p68 Sam is a substrate of the insulin receptor and associates with the SH2 domains of p85 PI3KV Sanchez-Margalet
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, University of Seville, University Hospital Virgen Macarena, Spain
FEBS Lett 455:307-10. 1999..insulin receptor and fusion proteins containing either the N-terminal or the C-terminal Src homology 2 domain of p85 phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase...
- Reestimation of the effects of inorganic phosphates on the equilibrium between oxygen and hemoglobinT Clerbaux
Department of Internal Medicine, Cliniques Universitaries St Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Intensive Care Med 18:222-5. 1992..data obtained in patients with severe ketoacidosis suggest that inorganic phosphates (K2HPO4) can increase their P50 and therefore enhance tissue oxygenation without concomitant alteration of the 2,3 diphosphoglycerate (DPG)...
- The bcl-3 proto-oncogene encodes a nuclear I kappa B-like molecule that preferentially interacts with NF-kappa B p50 and p52 in a phosphorylation-dependent mannerG P Nolan
Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021
Mol Cell Biol 13:3557-66. 1993..In vitro, Bcl-3 protein specifically inhibited the DNA binding of both the homodimeric NF-kappa B p50 subunit and a closely related homolog, p52 (previously p49), to immunoglobulin kappa NF-kappa B DNA motifs...
- The smaller isoforms of ankyrin 3 bind to the p85 subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase and enhance platelet-derived growth factor receptor down-regulationAshley Ignatiuk
Cancer Research Unit, Health Research Division, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, 20 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 4H4, Canada
J Biol Chem 281:5956-64. 2006The Src homology 2 (SH2) domains of the p85 subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase have been shown to bind to the tyrosine-phosphorylated platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR)...
- Phosphorylation of tyrosine 503 in the erythropoietin receptor (EpR) is essential for binding the P85 subunit of phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3-kinase and for EpR-associated PI 3-kinase activityJ E Damen
Terry Fox Laboratory, British Columbia Cancer Research Centre, Vancouver, Canada
J Biol Chem 270:23402-8. 1995..with the activated erythropoietin receptor (EpR), most likely through the Src homology 2 (SH2) domains within the p85 subunit of PI-3 kinase and one or more phosphorylated tyrosines within the EpR...
- [Expression of phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase in epithelial ovarian carcinoma]Peng Nan Zhang
Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200011, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 42:196-200. 2007....
- P85, Optison microbubbles and ultrasound cooperate in mediating plasmid DNA transfection in mouse skeletal muscles in vivoYun Chao Chen
Ultrasound Department, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Ultrason Sonochem 18:513-9. 2011..In the present study, we explored if the combination of P85, a pluronic block copolymer, Optison, a microbubble contrast agent and ultrasound enhances the transfection of ..
- Interaction of the retinal insulin receptor beta-subunit with the p85 subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinaseRaju V S Rajala
Department of Cell Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Biochemistry 43:5637-50. 2004..of protein-protein interaction in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae to demonstrate the interaction between the p85 subunit of PI3K and the cytoplasmic region of IRbeta...
- Rapid induction in regenerating liver of RL/IF-1 (an I kappa B that inhibits NF-kappa B, RelB-p50, and c-Rel-p50) and PHF, a novel kappa B site-binding complexM Tewari
Department of Human Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6145
Mol Cell Biol 12:2898-908. 1992..RL/IF-1 has I kappa B activity of broad specificity in that it inhibits the binding of p50-p65 NF-kappa B, c-Rel-p50, and RelB-p50, but not p50 homodimeric NF-kappa B, to kappa B sites...
- Cytokinesis in Tetrahymena: determination of division plane and organization of contractile ringO Numata
Institute of Biological Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8572, Japan
Microsc Res Tech 49:127-35. 2000A protein, Tetrahymena p85, is localized to the presumptive division plane before the formation of the contractile ring...
- Fibrates down-regulate IL-1-stimulated C-reactive protein gene expression in hepatocytes by reducing nuclear p50-NFkappa B-C/EBP-beta complex formationRobert Kleemann
Gaubius Laboratory Nederlandse Organisatie voor toegepast natuurwetenschappelijk onderzoek TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden, The Netherlands
Blood 101:545-51. 2003..2 overlapping response elements, the binding sites for CCAAT-box/enhancer-binding protein-beta (C/EBP-beta) and p50-nuclear factor-kappaB (p50-NFkappaB)...
- Coordination between NF-kappaB family members p50 and p52 is essential for mediating LTbetaR signals in the development and organization of secondary lymphoid tissuesJames C Lo
Committee on Immunology and Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Blood 107:1048-55. 2006..We now demonstrate that p105/p50 also constitutes an important pathway for LTbetaR signaling...
- Insulin-like growth factors require phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase to signal myogenesis: dominant negative p85 expression blocks differentiation of L6E9 muscle cellsP Kaliman
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
Mol Endocrinol 12:66-77. 1998..involvement of PI 3-kinase in IGF-induced myogenesis by overexpressing in L6E9 myoblasts a dominant negative p85 PI 3-kinase-regulatory subunit (L6E9-delta p85)...
- Interaction of the insulin receptor beta-subunit with phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase in bovine ROSR V Rajala
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 608 Stanton L Young Boulevard, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 42:3110-7. 2001..To identify the tyrosine-phosphorylated protein(s) in bovine rod outer segments (ROS) that are associated with phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)...
- SH2 domains of the p85 alpha subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase regulate binding to growth factor receptorsC J McGlade
Division of Molecular and Developmental Biology, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 12:991-7. 1992..The p85 alpha regulatory subunit of phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3-kinase, which associates with several receptor protein-..
- Kappa B-specific DNA binding proteins are differentially inhibited by enhancer mutations and biological oxidationJ A Molitor
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710
New Biol 3:987-96. 1991..These two DNA-protein complexes are composed of at least four host proteins (p50, p55, p75, p85), each of which shares structural similarity with the v-rel oncogene product...
- Yeast two-hybrid in vivo association of the Src kinase Lyn with the proto-oncogene product Cbl but not with the p85 subunit of PI 3-kinaseP M Dombrosky-Ferlan
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh and the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania, USA
Oncogene 14:2019-24. 1997..Co-precipitation studies have shown that Src-related PTK, such as Lyn, associates with the p85 regulatory subunit of PI 3-kinase via SH2 and SH3 domain binding with their cognate ligands...
- Immunohistochemical profile of NF-κB/p50, NF-κB/p65, MMP-9, MMP-2, and u-PA in experimental cervical spondylotic myelopathySpyridon K Karadimas
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital of Patras, Rio Patras, Greece
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 38:4-10. 2013The immunohistochemical profile of nuclear factor-κ B (NF-κB)/p50, NF-κB/p65, matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-9, MMP-2, and urokinase-type plasminogen activator (u-PA) proteins was examined in spinal cord tissues coming from rabbits, ..
- Human oncoprotein MDM2 activates the Akt signaling pathway through an interaction with the repressor element-1 silencing transcription factor conferring a survival advantage to cancer cellsS Singh
Goodwin Research Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, the Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Cell Death Differ 20:558-66. 2013..enhancing Akt phosphorylation and upregulates this activity by repressing transcription of the regulatory subunit p85 of PI3-kinase...
- Chronic intermittent hypoxia exposure induces atherosclerosis in ApoE knockout mice: role of NF-κB p50Guoqiang Fang
Centers for Heart and Lung Research, and Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 181:1530-9. 2012..This study tested new mouse models of CIH-induced atherosclerosis and defined the role of NF-κB p50 in CIH-induced atherosclerosis...
- A switch of G protein-coupled receptor binding preference from phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)-p85 to filamin A negatively controls the PI3K pathwaySouad Najib
INSERM UMR 1037, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Mol Cell Biol 32:1004-16. 2012..receptor (GPCR) sst2 and involving a ligand-regulated interaction between sst2 with the PI3K regulatory p85 subunit...
- Role of the p50 subunit of NF-kappaB in vitamin E-induced changes in mice treated with the peroxisome proliferator, ciprofibrateKaren G Calfee-Mason
Graduate Center for Nutritional Sciences, University of Kentucky, 222 Funkhouser Building, Lexington, KY 40506 0054, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 46:2062-73. 2008..Sixteen B6129 female mice (p50+/+) and twenty mice deficient in the p50 subunit of NF-kappaB (p50-/-) were fed a purified diet containing 10 or ..
- Analysis of the myosin-II-responsive focal adhesion proteome reveals a role for β-Pix in negative regulation of focal adhesion maturationJean Cheng Kuo
Cell Biology and Physiology Centre, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Cell Biol 13:383-93. 2011....
- A novel interaction between fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 and the p85 subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinase: activation-dependent regulation of ERK by p85 in multiple myeloma cellsLisa Salazar
1Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4260, USA
Hum Mol Genet 18:1951-61. 2009..The interaction of FGFR3 with p85 is dependent upon receptor activation...
- ARHGEF7 (Beta-PIX) acts as guanine nucleotide exchange factor for leucine-rich repeat kinase 2Karina Haebig
Department of Medical Genetics, Institute of Human Genetics, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e13762. 2010..Mutations within the leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 (LRRK2) gene are a common cause of familial and sporadic Parkinson's disease. The multidomain protein LRRK2 exhibits overall low GTPase and kinase activity in vitro...
- Development and gender in the P50 paradigmMarjo J R Brinkman
Faculty of Psychology, Section Biological Developmental Psychology, Universiteit Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Clin Neurophysiol 118:1517-24. 2007The relative change in amplitude of the P50 component in response to the second click compared to the first one is commonly thought to index sensory gating. Despite numerous P50 gating studies, reports about its development are scarce...
- The specificity of innate immune responses is enforced by repression of interferon response elements by NF-κB p50Christine S Cheng
Signaling Systems Laboratory, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Sci Signal 4:ra11. 2011..Combining top-down and bottom-up systems biology approaches, we have identified the NF-κB p50 homodimer as a regulator of IRF responses...
- A correlative study of NF-kappaB activity and cytokines expression in human chronic nasal sinusitisR Xu
Otorhinolaryngology Hospital, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, The Otorhinolaryngology Institute of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangdong, China
J Laryngol Otol 121:644-9. 2007..chain reaction and immunohistochemical staining were used to evaluate expression and activation of NF-kappaB P50 and P65 subunits in nasal mucosa...
- The effects of increased serotonergic activity on human sensory gating and its neural generatorsKristian S Jensen
Center for Neuropsychiatric Schizophrenia Research, Faculty of Health Sciences, University Psychiatric Center Glostrup, Copenhagen University, Ndr Ringvej, 2600 Glostrup, Denmark
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 196:631-41. 2008Schizophrenia is a disabling illness with deficits in core mental functions such as sensory gating. The P50 amplitude is an (usually auditory) evoked brain potential that, in a so-called double-click paradigm, can be used to quantify ..
- Platelet-activating factor induces the processing of nuclear factor-kappaB p105 into p50, which mediates acute bowel injury in miceShirley X L Liu
Departments of Pediatrics Neonatology, Children s Memorial Research Center, Northwestern UniversityFeinberg School of Medicine Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 297:G76-81. 2009..injected intravascularly to rats and mice, causes shock, acute bowel injury, and a rapid activation of NF-kappaB p50-p50 with upregulation of the chemokine CXCL2 in the intestine...
- Sensory gating and alpha-7 nicotinic receptor gene allelic variants in schizoaffective disorder, bipolar typeLaura F Martin
Department of Psychiatry, Denver Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:611-4. 2007..chromosome 15 alpha-7 acetylcholine nicotinic receptor gene (CHRNA7) are associated with both schizophrenia and the P50 auditory evoked potential sensory gating deficit...
- Phosphorylation of p50 NF-kappaB at a single serine residue by DNA-dependent protein kinase is critical for VCAM-1 expression upon TNF treatmentJihang Ju
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
J Biol Chem 285:41152-60. 2010..The requirement for p50 NF-κB in TNF-induced VCAM-1 expression may be associated with its interaction with and phosphorylation by DNA-PK, ..
- NF-kappaB p50 plays distinct roles in the establishment and control of murine gammaherpesvirus 68 latencyLaurie T Krug
Emory Vaccine Center, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1462 Clifton Road, Suite 429, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Virol 83:4732-48. 2009..Here we have examined how elimination of the NF-kappaB transcription factor p50 from mice affects the life cycle of murine gammaherpesvirus 68 (MHV68)...
- Gene transfection mediated by ultrasound and Pluronic P85 in HepG2 cellsFen Wang
Department of Medical Ultrasound, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 27:700-2. 2007In order to assess whether gene transfection could be mediated by ultrasound in association with P85 and find the appropriate parameters of ultrasound irradiation, the effects of ultrasound with or without P85 on gene transfection of ..
- The nuclear I kappaB protein I kappaB zeta specifically binds NF-kappaB p50 homodimers and forms a ternary complex on kappaB DNADan V Trinh
Structural Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, San Diego State University, 5500 Campanile Drive, San Diego, CA 92182 1030, USA
J Mol Biol 379:122-35. 2008..bind tightly to NF-kappaB dimers that possess the p65 subunit, I kappaB zeta binds preferentially to NF-kappaB p50 homodimers...
- Effect of phenobarbital on hepatic cell proliferation and apoptosis in mice deficient in the p50 subunit of NF-kappaBJob C Tharappel
Graduate Center for Nutritional Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506 0054, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 226:338-44. 2008..We used a mouse model that is deficient in the p50 subunit of NF-kappaB; previous studies had found that p50-/- mice were less sensitive to the induction of hepatic ..
- P50 sensory gating ratios in schizophrenics and controls: a review and data analysisJULIE V PATTERSON
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, CA 92868, USA
Psychiatry Res 158:226-47. 2008Many studies have found that the P50 sensory gating ratio in a paired click task is smaller in normal control subjects than in patients with schizophrenia, indicating more effective sensory gating...
- In vitro degradation, flexural, compressive and shear properties of fully bioresorbable composite rodsR M Felfel
Faculty of Engineering, Division of Materials, Mechanics and Structures, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD, United Kingdom
J Mech Behav Biomed Mater 4:1462-72. 2011..Unidirectional (P50 UD) composite rods had 50% higher initial flexural strength as compared to PLA and 60% higher in comparison to the ..
- Transcription factor NF-κB (p50/p50, p65/p65) controls porcine ovarian cells functionsSilvia Pavlová
Constantine The Philosopher University in Nitra, Nitra, Slovakia
Anim Reprod Sci 128:73-84. 2011The aim of these in vitro studies was to examine the involvement of transcription factor NF-κB (p50/p50, p65/p65) and FSH in control of porcine ovarian granulosa cells functions and the possible role of dimers p50/p50, p65/p65 in ..
- Neuroleptic effects on P50 sensory gating in patients with first-episode never-medicated schizophreniaXiaohong Hong
Mental Health Center, Medical College of Shantou University, Shantou, China
Schizophr Res 108:151-7. 2009Sensory gating deficit, as reflected by P50 suppression, has been demonstrated in schizophrenia...
- Optimization of allosteric modulators of nicotinic receptorsKELVIN GEE; Fiscal Year: 2007..is characterized by incomplete inhibitory processing of paired auditory evoked potentials spaced 50ms apart (P50). The P50 auditory deficit is genetically linked to the a7 nAChR locus on chromosome 15...
- Schizophrenia Gating Deficit Mechanisms: Extending the CircuitJose Canive; Fiscal Year: 2009The P50 sensory gating deficit, measured via EEG, has been established as a strong potential endophenotype in genetic studies of schizophrenia...
- Schizophrenia Gating Deficit Mechanisms: Extending the CircuitJOSE MIGUEL CANIVE; Fiscal Year: 2010The P50 sensory gating deficit, measured via EEG, has been established as a strong potential endophenotype in genetic studies of schizophrenia...
- Emerging Helminthiases in China: Genetic Diversity,Zheng Feng; Fiscal Year: 2006This revised version of our TMRC P50 application, re-titled "Emerging Helminthiasis in China: Genetic Diversity, Transmission Dynamics, and the Impact of Environmental Changes", has been prepared to reflect and incorporate the ..
- Targeting the NF-kappaB Pathway in MelanomaAnn Richmond; Fiscal Year: 2009..NF-kB is regulated by an inhibitory protein-IkB which sequesters the NF-kappaBp65/p50 complex in the cytoplasm, preventing its translocation into the nucleus...
- Use p105(sr) to study p50 homodimer in skin tumor/cancerLi Lin; Fiscal Year: 2005..However, unlike other types of cancers where NF-kappaB heterodimer p50/RelA activity is elevated, chemical-induced skin papillomas and squamous cell carcinomas (SCC), exhibit ..
- Use p105(sr) to study p50 homodimer in skin tumor/cancerLi Lin; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, unlike other types of cancers where NF-kappaB heterodimer p50/RelA activity is elevated, chemical-induced skin papillomas and squamous cell carcinomas (SCC), exhibit ..
- Use p105(sr) to study p50 homodimer in skin tumor/cancerLi Lin; Fiscal Year: 2005..However, unlike other types of cancers where NF-kappaB heterodimer p50/RelA activity is elevated, chemical-induced skin papillomas and squamous cell carcinomas (SCC), exhibit ..
- Use p105(sr) to study p50 homodimer in skin tumor/cancerLi Lin; Fiscal Year: 2009
- NF-kB SUBUNITS p65 AND RelB IN OSTEOCLASTSDeborah Novack; Fiscal Year: 2009..There are 5 subunits in the NF-kappaB family (p65, RelB, c-rel, p50, and p52) each bearing the DNA-binding Rel homology domain, and transcription is mediated by homo-and -heterodimers...
- NF-kB SUBUNITS p65 AND RelB IN OSTEOCLASTSDeborah Novack; Fiscal Year: 2007..There are 5 subunits in the NF-kappaB family (p65, RelB, c-rel, p50, and p52) each bearing the DNA-binding Rel homology domain, and transcription is mediated by homo-and -heterodimers...
- Nutritional Effects on Insulin Signaling and ActionMarc Andre Cornier; Fiscal Year: 2007..PI 3-kinase consists of a regulatory subunit, p85, and a catalytic subunit, p110. Normally, the regulatory subunit exists in excess to the catalytic one...
- THE USE OF ELECTROACUPUNCTURE TO MODULATE AROUSALEdgar Garcia Rill; Fiscal Year: 2002DESCRIPTION (APPLICANT'S ABSTRACT): The vertex-recorded midlatency auditory evoked P50 potential is a measure of the output of the reticular activating system (RAS)...
- CHRONIC COCAINE ABUSE EFFECTS ON P50 AND P3A ERPSGeorge Fein; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION: (Applicant's Abstract) The research goals are to use P50 and P3A event-related potentials (ERPs) to (1) study chronic cocaine abuse effects on CNS information processing, (2) to compare these effects with the effects of ..
- INDUCTION OF ACUTE PHASE PROTEIN BIOSYNTHESISDavid Samols; Fiscal Year: 2004..We recently found that the re1 protein p50 participates in IL-6induced CRP expression in two unexpected ways: 1) p50 binds to a non-consensus kappaB site ..
- p85/p110 PI3 Kinase-Structure, function and PhysiologyJonathan M Backer; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Class IA PI 3-kinase is a dimer containing distinct regulatory (p85) and catalytic (p110) subunits, both of which are frequently mutated in human cancer...
- PI 3-Kinase Isoforms and Insulin ActionC Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2006..subunits independent of PI 3-kinase activity, especially the JNK and p38 MAPK pathways, and the link between p85 and lipid phosphatase PTEN, and their differential ability to generate and stabilize PIP3. 2...
- Role of NF-kB in hematopoietic stem cells and leukemia-initiating cell formationChristopher A Klug; Fiscal Year: 2010Constitutive activation of the classical NF-?B pathway, which principally involves RelA/p65, c-Rel, and p50, has been observed in human acute myeloid leukemia (AML) where constitutive NF-?B DNA-binding activity has been detected in ..
- Retinal degeneration caused by alterations in protein O-sulfationMuayyad R Al Ubaidi; Fiscal Year: 2010..examination of P120 Tpstrl- retinas revealed a reduced number of nuclei in ONL (9 rows at P120 versus 11 rows at P50) and INL (4 rows at P120 versus 5-6 at P50)...
- Retinal degeneration caused by alterations in protein O-sulfationMUAYYAD AL UBAIDI; Fiscal Year: 2009..examination of P120 Tpstrl- retinas revealed a reduced number of nuclei in ONL (9 rows at P120 versus 11 rows at P50) and INL (4 rows at P120 versus 5-6 at P50)...
- CHITINASES IN PARASITIC HELMINTHSPatricia Komuniecki; Fiscal Year: 2005..However, recently we have reported a novel, developmentally regulated, family 19 glycosyl hydrolase (As-p50) from the parasitic nematode, Ascaris suum-the first documented occurrence of such an enzyme in an animal species...
- Regulation of Type 2 NF-kappaB Activation and InflammationGenhong Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2009..The NF-kB transcription factors, including p50, p52, p65, c-Rel and Rel-B, are critical regulators of inflammation, proliferation and apoptosis...
- Regulation of Type 2 NF-kappaB Activation and InflammationGenhong Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2010..The NF-kB transcription factors, including p50, p52, p65, c-Rel and Rel-B, are critical regulators of inflammation, proliferation and apoptosis...
- ALCOHOL AND MONOCYTE SIGNALINGGyongyi Szabo; Fiscal Year: 2001..In contrast with enhanced nuclear translocation of the activating p65/p50 NF-kB heterodimer following LPS stimulation, the investigator's preliminary data show that acute alcohol treatment ..
- Atypical Antipsychotics and P50 Sensory GatingLawrence Adler; Fiscal Year: 2007This is a competing renewal of studies of P50 sensory gating in schizophrenia. Clozapine improves impaired P50 auditory gating to a greater extent than any other antipsychotic. This improvement correlates with clinical improvement...
- DIFFERENTIAL CHEMOKINE GENE EXPRESSION IN THE LUNGPrabir Ray; Fiscal Year: 2001..upregulation correlated with increased binding of a unique RANTES-kappaB binding activity and decreased binding of p50 homodimers which are known to function as repressors of certain kappaB sites...
- RGS: A Molecular Switch Regulating Irreversible ASM Growth/Contraction in AsthmaREYNOLD ALEXANDER PANETTIERI; Fiscal Year: 2010..of regulators of G-protein signaling (RGS) proteins which inactivate G proteins and co-localize with phospho-p85 (p-p85) PI3K to facilitate S6K1 activation...
- RGS: A Molecular Switch Regulating Irreversible ASM Growth/Contraction in AsthmaReynold Panettieri; Fiscal Year: 2009..of regulators of G-protein signaling (RGS) proteins which inactivate G proteins and co-localize with phospho-p85 (p-p85) PI3K to facilitate S6K1 activation...