Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ARHGAP18
Description: Rho GTPase activating protein 18
Alias: MacGAP, SENEX, bA307O14.2, rho GTPase-activating protein 18, rho-type GTPase-activating protein 18
- Thompson W, Yen S, Uzer G, Xie Z, Sen B, Styner M, et al. LARG GEF and ARHGAP18 orchestrate RhoA activity to control mesenchymal stem cell lineage. Bone. 2018;107:172-180 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of ARHGAP18 increased basal RhoA activity and actin stress fiber formation, but did not enhance mechanical strain activation ..
- Maeda M, Hasegawa H, Hyodo T, Ito S, Asano E, Yuang H, et al. ARHGAP18, a GTPase-activating protein for RhoA, controls cell shape, spreading, and motility. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:3840-52 pubmed publisher..We studied the role of a previously uncharacterized GAP, ARHGAP18 (MacGAP). Overexpression of ARHGAP18 suppressed the activity of RhoA and disrupted stress fiber formation...
- Coleman P, Hahn C, Grimshaw M, Lu Y, Li X, Brautigan P, et al. Stress-induced premature senescence mediated by a novel gene, SENEX, results in an anti-inflammatory phenotype in endothelial cells. Blood. 2010;116:4016-24 pubmed publisher..We describe here the identification of a novel gene, SENEX, that regulates stress induced premature senescence pathways in endothelial cells (ECs) involving p16(INK4a) and ..
- Cronin S, Tomik B, Bradley D, Slowik A, Hardiman O. Screening for replication of genome-wide SNP associations in sporadic ALS. Eur J Hum Genet. 2009;17:213-8 pubmed publisher..The result for DPP6 is surprising, as it has been replicated elsewhere. We discuss the possible interpretations and implications of these findings for future ALS GWA studies both within and between populations. ..
- Shaffer J, Polk D, Wang X, Feingold E, Weeks D, Lee M, et al. Genome-wide association study of periodontal health measured by probing depth in adults ages 18-49 years. G3 (Bethesda). 2014;4:307-14 pubmed publisher..Though small, efforts such this are needed in order to nominate novel genes and generate new hypotheses for exploration and testing in future studies. ..
- Guo W, Cai Y, Zhang H, Yang Y, Yang G, Wang X, et al. Association of ARHGAP18 polymorphisms with schizophrenia in the Chinese-Han population. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175209 pubmed publisher..The newly identified RhoGAP ARHGAP18 is likely involved in neurodevelopment through regulation of RhoA/C...
- Humphries B, Wang Z, Li Y, Jhan J, Jiang Y, Yang C. ARHGAP18 Downregulation by miR-200b Suppresses Metastasis of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer by Enhancing Activation of RhoA. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4051-4064 pubmed publisher..Here this expectation was challenged by characterization of ARHGAP18, a RhoGAP family member that is selectively overexpressed in highly migratory triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC)..
- He Y, Luo J, Chen Y, Zhou X, Yu S, Jin L, et al. ARHGAP18 is a novel gene under positive natural selection that influences HbF levels in ?-thalassaemia. Mol Genet Genomics. 2018;293:207-216 pubmed publisher..A total of 1141 subjects with ?-thalassaemia were recruited. The results showed that the SNP rs11759328 in the ARHGAP18 gene was significantly associated with HbF levels (? = 5.1 × 10-4)...
- Lovelace M, Powter E, Coleman P, Zhao Y, Parker A, Chang G, et al. The RhoGAP protein ARHGAP18/SENEX localizes to microtubules and regulates their stability in endothelial cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:1066-1078 pubmed publisher..Previously we showed that ARHGAP18 in endothelial cells is important in cell junctions...
- Potkin S, Turner J, Fallon J, Lakatos A, Keator D, Guffanti G, et al. Gene discovery through imaging genetics: identification of two novel genes associated with schizophrenia. Mol Psychiatry. 2009;14:416-28 pubmed publisherWe have discovered two genes, RSRC1 and ARHGAP18, associated with schizophrenia and in an independent study provided additional support for this association...
- Lyons P, Rayner T, Trivedi S, Holle J, Watts R, Jayne D, et al. Genetically distinct subsets within ANCA-associated vasculitis. N Engl J Med. 2012;367:214-23 pubmed publisher..These data provide preliminary support for the concept that proteinase 3 ANCA-associated vasculitis and myeloperoxidase ANCA-associated vasculitis are distinct autoimmune syndromes. (Funded by the British Heart Foundation and others.). ..
- Huang S, Zhao Z, Weng G, He X, Wu C, Fu C, et al. The correlation of microRNA-181a and target genes with poor prognosis of glioblastoma patients. Int J Oncol. 2016;49:217-24 pubmed publisher..Our results show that miR-181a is down-regulated in GBM patients. The three target genes, ANGPT2, ARHGAP18 and LAMC1, are negatively correlated with the expression of miR-181a...
- Chang G, Lay A, Ting K, Zhao Y, Coleman P, Powter E, et al. ARHGAP18: an endogenous inhibitor of angiogenesis, limiting tip formation and stabilizing junctions. Small Gtpases. 2014;5:1-15 pubmed publisher..Here, we have identified a novel gene, ARHGAP18, as an endogenous negative regulator of angiogenesis, limiting pro-angiogenic signaling and promoting vascular ..