Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ARF3
Description: ADP ribosylation factor 3
Alias: ADP-ribosylation factor 3, small GTP binding protein
Publications117 found, 100 shown here
- Harada T, Matsumoto S, Hirota S, Kimura H, Fujii S, Kasahara Y, et al. Chemically Modified Antisense Oligonucleotide Against ARL4C Inhibits Primary and Metastatic Liver Tumor Growth. Mol Cancer Ther. 2019;18:602-612 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ARL4C ASO represents a novel targeted nucleic acid medicine for the treatment of primary and metastatic liver cancers. ..
- Petsch K, Manzotti P, Tam O, Meeley R, Hammell M, Consonni G, et al. Novel DICER-LIKE1 siRNAs Bypass the Requirement for DICER-LIKE4 in Maize Development. Plant Cell. 2015;27:2163-77 pubmed publisher..RNAs play an essential role in the grasses, spatially defining the expression domain of AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR3 (ARF3) transcription factors...
- Samuel M, Rath N, Masre S, Boyle S, Greenhalgh D, Kochetkova M, et al. Tissue-selective expression of a conditionally-active ROCK2-estrogen receptor fusion protein. Genesis. 2016;54:636-646 pubmed publisher..Birth Defects Research (Part A) 106:636-646, 2016. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Matsumoto S, Fujii S, Kikuchi A. Arl4c is a key regulator of tubulogenesis and tumourigenesis as a target gene of Wnt-?-catenin and growth factor-Ras signalling. J Biochem. 2017;161:27-35 pubmed publisher..Arl4c expression was also involved in the tumour formation of colorectal and lung cancers. In this review, we focus on Arl4c as a novel Wnt signal target molecule that links epithelial tubulogenesis to tumourigenesis. ..
- Hobecker K, Reynoso M, Bustos Sanmamed P, Wen J, Mysore K, Crespi M, et al. The MicroRNA390/TAS3 Pathway Mediates Symbiotic Nodulation and Lateral Root Growth. Plant Physiol. 2017;174:2469-2486 pubmed publisher..the production of trans-acting small interference RNAs, which target mRNAs encoding AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR2 (ARF2), ARF3, and ARF4...
- Matsuto M, Kano F, Murata M. Reconstitution of the targeting of Rab6A to the Golgi apparatus in semi-intact HeLa cells: A role of BICD2 in stabilizing Rab6A on Golgi membranes and a concerted role of Rab6A/BICD2 interactions in Golgi-to-ER retrograde transport. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1853:2592-609 pubmed publisher
- Zhou W, Li X, Premont R. Expanding functions of GIT Arf GTPase-activating proteins, PIX Rho guanine nucleotide exchange factors and GIT-PIX complexes. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:1963-74 pubmed publisher..Further, we draw attention to gaps in crucial information that remain to be filled to allow a better understanding of the many roles of the GIT-PIX complex in health and disease. ..
- Labbaoui H, Bogliolo S, Ghugtyal V, Solis N, Filler S, Arkowitz R, et al. Role of Arf GTPases in fungal morphogenesis and virulence. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006205 pubmed publisher..To investigate these GTPases in C. albicans, we generated loss of function mutants in all 3 Arf proteins, Arf1-Arf3, and 2 Arf-like proteins, Arl1 and Arl3...
- Patiño Medina J, Maldonado Herrera G, Pérez Arques C, Alejandre Castañeda V, Reyes Mares N, Valle Maldonado M, et al. Control of morphology and virulence by ADP-ribosylation factors (Arf) in Mucor circinelloides. Curr Genet. 2018;64:853-869 pubmed publisher..Arf1 and Arf2 share 96% identity and Arf3 and Arf4 share 89% identity, which suggests that the genes arose through gene-duplication events in M...
- Sugiura H, Yasuda S, Katsurabayashi S, Kawano H, Endo K, Takasaki K, et al. Rheb activation disrupts spine synapse formation through accumulation of syntenin in tuberous sclerosis complex. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6842 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Rheb-syntenin signalling may be a novel therapeutic target for abnormalities in spine and shaft synapses in TSC neurons. ..
- Bourmoum M, Charles R, Claing A. The GTPase ARF6 Controls ROS Production to Mediate Angiotensin II-Induced Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell Proliferation. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0148097 pubmed publisher..In turn, increased ROS acts to activate the MAPK pathway. These signaling events represent a new molecular mechanism by which Ang II can promote proliferation of VSMC. ..
- Shin H, Morinaga N, Noda M, Nakayama K. BIG2, a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for ADP-ribosylation factors: its localization to recycling endosomes and implication in the endosome integrity. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:5283-94 pubmed..We also have shown that BIG2 has an exchange activity toward class I ARFs (ARF1 and ARF3) in vivo and inactivation of either ARF exaggerates the BIG2(E738K)-induced tubulation of endosomal membranes...
- Lubeck B, Lapinski P, Oliver J, Ksionda O, Parada L, Zhu Y, et al. Cutting Edge: Codeletion of the Ras GTPase-Activating Proteins (RasGAPs) Neurofibromin 1 and p120 RasGAP in T Cells Results in the Development of T Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. J Immunol. 2015;195:31-5 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight RASA1 and NF1 as cotumor suppressors in the T cell lineage. ..
- Matsui A, Mizunashi K, Tanaka M, Kaminuma E, Nguyen A, Nakajima M, et al. tasiRNA-ARF pathway moderates floral architecture in Arabidopsis plants subjected to drought stress. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:303451 pubmed publisher..Analysis of ta-siRNA synthesis mutants and mutated ARF3-overexpressing plants that escape the tasiRNA-ARF target indicated that self-pollination was hampered by short ..
- Minami T, Satoh K, Nogi M, Kudo S, Miyata S, Tanaka S, et al. Statins up-regulate SmgGDS through Î²1-integrin/Akt1 pathway in endothelial cells. Cardiovasc Res. 2016;109:151-61 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that statins selectively up-regulate SmgGDS in endothelial cells, for which the Î²1-integrin/Akt1 pathway may be involved, demonstrating the novel aspects of the pleiotropic effects of statins. ..
- Brackmann K, Qi J, Gebert M, Jouannet V, Schlamp T, Grünwald K, et al. Spatial specificity of auxin responses coordinates wood formation. Nat Commun. 2018;9:875 pubmed publisher..In contrast, ARF3 and ARF4 function as cambium activators in a redundant fashion from outside of WOX4-expressing cells...
- Liu X, Dinh T, Li D, Shi B, Li Y, Cao X, et al. AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR 3 integrates the functions of AGAMOUS and APETALA2 in floral meristem determinacy. Plant J. 2014;80:629-41 pubmed publisherIn Arabidopsis, AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR 3 (ARF3) belongs to the auxin response factor (ARF) family that regulates the expression of auxin-responsive genes. ARF3 is known to function in leaf polarity specification and gynoecium patterning...
- Wang X, Gan M, Li Y, Zhan W, Han T, Han X, et al. Cdc42 induces EGF receptor protein accumulation and promotes EGF receptor nuclear transport and cellular transformation. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:255-62 pubmed publisher..Moreover, constitutive Cdc42 activity facilitated the nuclear translocation of EGFR, and this indicates a novel mechanism through which Cdc42 might promote cellular transformation. ..
- Pascoal Xavier M, Figueiredo A, Gomes L, Peruhype MagalhÃ£es V, Calzavara Silva C, Costa M, et al. RAP1 GTPase overexpression is associated with cervical intraepithelial neoplasia. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0123531 pubmed publisher..In addition, stereotype ordinal regression analysis showed that this progressive increase in RAP1 expression more strongly impacted CIN 2/3 than CIN 1. Our findings suggest that RAP1 may be a useful biomarker for the diagnosis of CIN. ..
- Nogi M, Satoh K, Sunamura S, Kikuchi N, Satoh T, Kurosawa R, et al. SmgGDS Prevents Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Formation and Rupture by Phenotypic Preservation of Aortic Smooth Muscle Cells. Circulation. 2018;: pubmed publisher..b>Conclusions -These results suggest that SmgGDS is a novel therapeutic target for the prevention and treatment of TAA. ..
- Mizuno H, Taketomi A. MicroRNA-101 inhibits the expression of Rhes, a striatal-enriched small G-protein, at the post-transcriptional level in vitro. BMC Res Notes. 2018;11:528 pubmed publisher..These results support our hypothesis that Rhes expression is regulated by miRNA and indicate that miR-101 may be a potent modulator of Rhes expression in striatal neurons. ..
- Yano H, Kobayashi I, Onodera Y, Luton F, Franco M, Mazaki Y, et al. Fbx8 makes Arf6 refractory to function via ubiquitination. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:822-32 pubmed..Our results indicate that dysfunction of Fbx8 expression may contribute to the invasiveness of some breast cancer cells. ..
- Kamiya N, Kim H, King P. Regulation of bone and skeletal development by the SHP-2 protein tyrosine phosphatase. Bone. 2014;69:55-60 pubmed publisher..In this review the significance of these findings in mice to the understanding of the pathogenesis of skeletal abnormalities in humans with SHP-2 mutations is discussed. ..
- Heffernan L, Simpson J. The trials and tubule-ations of Rab6 involvement in Golgi-to-ER retrograde transport. Biochem Soc Trans. 2014;42:1453-9 pubmed publisher..In the present mini-review, we have highlighted the key experiments that have characterized this transport pathway so far and also have discussed the challenges that lie ahead with respect to its further characterization. ..
- Dotto M, Petsch K, Aukerman M, Beatty M, Hammell M, Timmermans M. Genome-wide analysis of leafbladeless1-regulated and phased small RNAs underscores the importance of the TAS3 ta-siRNA pathway to maize development. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004826 pubmed publisher..major functional ta-siRNAs in the maize vegetative apex where they regulate expression of AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR3 (ARF3) homologs...
- Volpicelli Daley L, Li Y, Zhang C, Kahn R. Isoform-selective effects of the depletion of ADP-ribosylation factors 1-5 on membrane traffic. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4495-508 pubmed..However, every combination of the double knockdowns of Arf1, Arf3, Arf4, and Arf5 yielded a distinct pattern of defects in secretory and endocytic traffic, demonstrating clear ..
- Labandeira Garcia J, RodrÃguez Perez A, Villar Cheda B, Borrajo A, Dominguez Meijide A, Guerra M. Rho Kinase and Dopaminergic Degeneration: A Promising Therapeutic Target for Parkinson's Disease. Neuroscientist. 2015;21:616-29 pubmed publisher..However, it is necessary to develop more potent and selective ROCK inhibitors to reduce side effects and enhance the efficacy. ..
- Gupta R, Naushad S, Baker S. Phylogenomic analyses and molecular signatures for the class Halobacteria and its two major clades: a proposal for division of the class Halobacteria into an emended order Halobacteriales and two new orders, Haloferacales ord. nov. and Natrialbales o. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2015;65:1050-69 pubmed publisher..nov. and Haloferacaceae fam. nov. Other members of the class Halobacteria that are not members of these two orders will remain part of the emended order Halobacteriales in an emended family Halobacteriaceae. ..
- He F, Xu C, Fu X, Shen Y, Guo L, Leng M, et al. The MicroRNA390/TRANS-ACTING SHORT INTERFERING RNA3 Module Mediates Lateral Root Growth under Salt Stress via the Auxin Pathway. Plant Physiol. 2018;177:775-791 pubmed publisher..i>arf3.1, arf3...
- Lubeck B, Lapinski P, Bauler T, Oliver J, Hughes E, Saunders T, et al. Blood vascular abnormalities in Rasa1(R780Q) knockin mice: implications for the pathogenesis of capillary malformation-arteriovenous malformation. Am J Pathol. 2014;184:3163-9 pubmed publisher..More important, findings indicate that inhibition of Ras signaling is likely to represent an effective means of therapy for this disease. ..
- Weaver L, Ems McClung S, Chen S, Yang G, Shaw S, Walczak C. The Ran-GTP gradient spatially regulates XCTK2 in the spindle. Curr Biol. 2015;25:1509-14 pubmed publisherRan is a small GTP binding protein that was originally identified as a regulator of nucleocytoplasmic transport  and subsequently found to be important for spindle formation [2-5]...
- Roma Rodrigues C, Pereira F, Alves de Matos A, Fernandes M, Baptista P, Fernandes A. Smuggling gold nanoparticles across cell types - A new role for exosomes in gene silencing. Nanomedicine. 2017;13:1389-1398 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, communication between tumor and normal cells was observed both in terms of alterations in c-Myc gene expression and transportation of the AuNPs, mediating gene silencing in secondary cells. ..
- Choi J, Shin Y, Yoon J, Kim C, Lee J, Jeon J, et al. Molecular mechanism of constitutively active Rab11A was revealed by crystal structure of Rab11A S20V. FEBS Lett. 2016;590:819-27 pubmed publisher..In our observations, substituted V20 of Rab11A was found to interfere with proper localization of the water molecule, which mediated GTP hydrolysis, resulting in GTP being locked in an active form of Rab11A S20V. ..
- Bian J, Zhang S, Yi M, Yue M, Liu H. The mechanisms behind decreased internalization of angiotensin II type 1 receptor. Vascul Pharmacol. 2018;103-105:1-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, lower expression of AT1R-associated protein (ATRAP) or higher expression of AT1R-associated protein 1 (ARAP1) can reduce receptor internalization. ..
- Montresor A, Toffali L, Mirenda M, Rigo A, Vinante F, Laudanna C. JAK2 tyrosine kinase mediates integrin activation induced by CXCL12 in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Oncotarget. 2015;6:34245-57 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal JAK2 as critical component of chemokine signaling in CLL B-lymphocytes and indicate JAK inhibition as a potentially useful new pharmacological approach to B-CLL treatment. ..
- Knyphausen P, Kuhlmann N, de Boor S, Lammers M. Lysine-acetylation as a fundamental regulator of Ran function: Implications for signaling of proteins of the Ras-superfamily. Small Gtpases. 2015;6:189-95 pubmed publisher..We will discuss recent findings of lysine-acetylation as a novel modification to regulate Ras-protein signaling. ..
- Brugnoli A, Napolitano F, Usiello A, Morari M. Genetic deletion of Rhes or pharmacological blockade of mTORC1 prevent striato-nigral neurons activation in levodopa-induced dyskinesia. Neurobiol Dis. 2016;85:155-163 pubmed publisher..However, mTORC1 blockade seems to provide a more favorable behavioral outcome and a wider effect on neurochemical correlates of dyskinesia. ..
- Farhat R, SÃ©ron K, Ferlin J, FÃ©nÃ©ant L, Belouzard S, Goueslain L, et al. Identification of class II ADP-ribosylation factors as cellular factors required for hepatitis C virus replication. Cell Microbiol. 2016;18:1121-33 pubmed publisher..However, siRNA-mediated depletion of Arf1, Arf3 (class I Arfs), Arf4 or Arf5 (class II Arfs), which potentially interact with GBF1, did not significantly inhibit ..
- Conley LaComb M, Semaan L, Singareddy R, Li Y, Heath E, Kim S, et al. Pharmacological targeting of CXCL12/CXCR4 signaling in prostate cancer bone metastasis. Mol Cancer. 2016;15:68 pubmed..suggest that lipid raft membrane microdomains are key sites for CXCL12/CXCR4 transactivation of HER2 via small GTP binding protein G?i2 and Src kinase...
- Haque R, Iuvone P, He L, Choi K, Ngo A, Gokhale S, et al. The MicroRNA-21 signaling pathway is involved in prorenin receptor (PRR) -induced VEGF expression in ARPE-19 cells under a hyperglycemic condition. Mol Vis. 2017;23:251-262 pubmed..Therefore, miR-21 may serve as a potential therapeutic target for diabetes-induced retinal pathology. ..
- Ohkawara H, Ikeda K, Ogawa K, Takeishi Y. MEMBRANE TYPE 1-MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASE (MT1-MMP) IDENTIFIED AS A MULTIFUNCTIONAL REGULATOR OF VASCULAR RESPONSES. Fukushima J Med Sci. 2015;61:91-100 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the MT1-MMP-mediated signaling axis may be a promising target for treating atherosclerosis and subsequent cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Cabrera J, Barcala M, GarcÃa A, Rio MachÃn A, Medina C, Jaubert Possamai S, et al. Differentially expressed small RNAs in Arabidopsis galls formed by Meloidogyne javanica: a functional role for miR390 and its TAS3-derived tasiRNAs. New Phytol. 2016;209:1625-40 pubmed publisher..A sensor line indicative of TAS3-derived tasiRNAs binding to the ARF3 sequence (pARF3:ARF3-GUS) together with a tasiRNA-resistant ARF3 line (pARF3:ARF3m-GUS) were used for functional ..
- Zhang K, Wang R, Zi H, Li Y, Cao X, Li D, et al. AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR3 Regulates Floral Meristem Determinacy by Repressing Cytokinin Biosynthesis and Signaling. Plant Cell. 2018;30:324-346 pubmed publisher..In this developmental context, auxin promotes the expression of AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR3 (ARF3) to repress cytokinin activity...
- Simonini S, Stephenson P, Ã˜stergaard L. A molecular framework controlling style morphology in Brassicaceae. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..The auxin response factor ETTIN (ARF3; herein, ETT) is a central component of this framework...
- Sedgwick A, Olivia Balmert M, D SOUZA SCHOREY C. The formation of giant plasma membrane vesicles enable new insights into the regulation of cholesterol efflux. Exp Cell Res. 2018;365:194-207 pubmed publisher..Thus, monitoring the formation of GPMVs provides a new avenue to better understand diseases whose pathology may be sensitive to alterations in cellular cholesterol. ..
- Shimokawa H, Satoh K. 2015 ATVB Plenary Lecture: translational research on rho-kinase in cardiovascular medicine. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2015;35:1756-69 pubmed publisher..In addition to fasudil, many other ROCK inhibitors are currently under development for various indications. Thus, the ROCK pathway is an important novel therapeutic target in cardiovascular medicine. ..
- Kim B, Satchell K. MARTX effector cross kingdom activation by Golgi-associated ADP-ribosylation factors. Cell Microbiol. 2016;18:1078-93 pubmed publisher..DmXVv was found to localize to Golgi and to directly interact with Golgi-associated ADP-ribosylation factors ARF1, ARF3 and ARF4, although ARF binding was not necessary for the subcellular localization...
- Shimokawa H, Sunamura S, Satoh K. RhoA/Rho-Kinase in the Cardiovascular System. Circ Res. 2016;118:352-66 pubmed publisher..Herein, we will review the recent advances about the importance of RhoA/Rho-kinase in the cardiovascular system. ..
- Sharma S, Gupta R, Deswal R. Dioscorea alata tuber proteome analysis shows over thirty dioscorin isoforms and novel tuber proteins. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2017;114:128-137 pubmed publisher..DREB 1A, caffeic acid 3-O-methyltransferase and Rab-1 small GTP binding protein were identified perhaps for the first time in the Dioscorea proteome...
- Caplan S. Into the linker's DENN: A tyrosine's control of autophagy. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:7283-7284 pubmed publisher..Xu and McPherson now identify a novel mechanism of DENND3 intramolecular binding that is regulated by the phosphorylation of a single tyrosine residue. ..
- Lapinski P, Lubeck B, Chen D, Doosti A, Zawieja S, Davis M, et al. RASA1 regulates the function of lymphatic vessel valves in mice. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2569-2585 pubmed publisher..Thus, RASA1 catalytic activity is essential for the function and development of LV valves. These data provide a partial explanation for LV leakage defects and potentially other LV abnormalities observed in CM-AVM. ..
- Li H, Wang X, Wen C, Huo Z, Wang W, Zhan Q, et al. Long noncoding RNA NORAD, a novel competing endogenous RNA, enhances the hypoxia-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition to promote metastasis in pancreatic cancer. Mol Cancer. 2017;16:169 pubmed publisher..In particular, NORAD may function as a ceRNA to regulate the expression of the small GTP binding protein RhoA through competition for hsa-miR-125a-3p, thereby promoting EMT...
- Wu N, Ren D, Li S, Ma W, Hu S, Jin Y, et al. RCC2 over-expression in tumor cells alters apoptosis and drug sensitivity by regulating Rac1 activation. BMC Cancer. 2018;18:67 pubmed publisherb>Small GTP binding protein Rac1 is a component of NADPH oxidases and is essential for superoxide-induced cell death...
- Motokawa M, Watanabe S, Nakatomi A, Kondoh T, Matsumoto T, Morifuji K, et al. A hot-spot mutation in CDC42 (p.Tyr64Cys) and novel phenotypes in the third patient with Takenouchi-Kosaki syndrome. J Hum Genet. 2018;63:387-390 pubmed publisher..Further studies and the accumulation of patients with CDC42 mutations are needed to clarify the phenotype in patients with TKS and the pathophysiological roles of the CDC42 mutation. ..
- ..Circ J 2016; 80: 1491-1498). ..
- Tang X, Xie C, Wang Y, Wang X. Localization of Rab3A-binding site on C2A domain of synaptotagmin I to reveal its regulatory mechanism. Int J Biol Macromol. 2017;96:736-742 pubmed publisher..These results have contributed to the comprehension of action mechanism of Rab3 and synaptotagmin in the regulation of synaptic vesicle exocytosis. ..
- Su Z, Zhao L, Zhao Y, Li S, Won S, Cai H, et al. The THO Complex Non-Cell-Autonomously Represses Female Germline Specification through the TAS3-ARF3 Module. Curr Biol. 2017;27:1597-1609.e2 pubmed publisher..fate by promoting the biogenesis of TAS3-derived trans-acting small interfering RNA (ta-siRNA), which represses ARF3 expression...
- de Boor S, Knyphausen P, Kuhlmann N, Wroblowski S, Brenig J, Scislowski L, et al. Small GTP-binding protein Ran is regulated by posttranslational lysine acetylation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E3679-88 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Ran was acetylated by CBP/p300 and Tip60 in vitro and on transferase overexpression in vivo. Overall, this study addresses many important challenges of the acetylome field, which will be discussed. ..
- Husbands A, Benkovics A, Nogueira F, Lodha M, Timmermans M. The ASYMMETRIC LEAVES Complex Employs Multiple Modes of Regulation to Affect Adaxial-Abaxial Patterning and Leaf Complexity. Plant Cell. 2015;27:3321-35 pubmed publisher..independent mechanisms to directly repress the abaxial determinants MIR166A, YABBY5, and AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR3 (ARF3), as well as a nonrepressive mechanism in the regulation of the adaxial determinant TAS3A...
- Nagase M, Kurihara H, Aiba A, Young M, Sakai T. Deletion of Rac1GTPase in the Myeloid Lineage Protects against Inflammation-Mediated Kidney Injury in Mice. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0150886 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Rac1 in macrophage is a novel target for the treatment of kidney disease through inhibition of cytokine production. ..
- Xue Q, Yu C, Wang Y, Liu L, Zhang K, Fang C, et al. miR-9 and miR-124 synergistically affect regulation of dendritic branching via the AKT/GSK3Î² pathway by targeting Rap2a. Sci Rep. 2016;6:26781 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a novel pathway in which miR-9 and miR-124 synergistically repress expression of Rap2a to sustain homeostatic dendritic complexity during neuronal development and maturation. ..
- Matsumura Y, Ohbayashi I, Takahashi H, Kojima S, Ishibashi N, Keta S, et al. A genetic link between epigenetic repressor AS1-AS2 and a putative small subunit processome in leaf polarity establishment of Arabidopsis. Biol Open. 2016;5:942-54 pubmed publisher..repressor complex of ASYMMETRIC-LEAVES1 (AS1) and AS2 (AS1-AS2) is critical to repress abaxial (ventral) genes ETT/ARF3 and ARF4, which leads to adaxial (dorsal) development in leaf primordia at shoot apices...
- Li S, Huang Q, Zhang B, Zhang J, Liu X, Lu M, et al. Small GTP-binding protein PdRanBP regulates vascular tissue development in poplar. BMC Genet. 2016;17:96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrated that PdRanBP is a nuclear, vascular tissue development-associated protein in P. deltoides. ..
- Jiang Z, Wang H, Zhang G, Zhao R, Bie T, Zhang R, et al. Characterization of a small GTP-binding protein gene TaRab18 from wheat involved in the stripe rust resistance. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2017;113:40-50 pubmed publisher..The research herein, will improve our understanding of the roles of Rab in wheat resistance. ..
- Lee C, Haun R, Tsai S, Moss J, Vaughan M. Characterization of the human gene encoding ADP-ribosylation factor 1, a guanine nucleotide-binding activator of cholera toxin. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:9028-34 pubmed..The 5'-flanking region has a high GC content but no TATA or CAAT box, as found in housekeeping genes. In addition, the two human class I ARF genes, ARF 1 and ARF 3, have similar exon/intron organizations and use GC-rich promoters. ..
- Li F, Mandal M, Mishra S, Barnes C, Kumar R. Heregulin promotes expression and subcellular redistribution of ADP-ribosylation factor 3. FEBS Lett. 2002;524:49-53 pubmed..One cDNA clone upregulated by HRG was identical to human ADP-ribosylation factor 3 (ARF3), a guanine nucleotide-binding protein functioning in vesicular trafficking, phospholipase D activation and ..
- McKay M, Kahn R. Multiple phosphorylation events regulate the subcellular localization of GGA1. Traffic. 2004;5:102-16 pubmed..We conclude that phosphorylation of the GAT domain can stabilize the coat proteins bound and thus regulate the rate of coat protein dissociation. ..
- Withers C, Brown D, Byiringiro I, Allen M, Condon K, Satin J, et al. Rad GTPase is essential for the regulation of bone density and bone marrow adipose tissue in mice. Bone. 2017;103:270-280 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a novel in vivo function for Rad and establish a role for Rad signaling in the complex physiological control of skeletal homeostasis and bone marrow adiposity. ..
- Oscarsson T, Walther A, Lengeler K, Wendland J. An Arf-GAP promotes endocytosis and hyphal growth of Ashbya gossypii. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2017;364: pubmed publisher..trafficking is important for hyphal growth, we studied the Ashbya gossypii homolog of Saccharomyces cerevisiae ARF3 along with its putative GEF and GTPase-activating protein (GAP) encoded by YEL1 and GTS1, respectively...
- Shen Z, Zhou R, Liu C, Wang Y, Zhan W, Shao Z, et al. MicroRNA-105 is involved in TNF-α-related tumor microenvironment enhanced colorectal cancer progression. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:3213 pubmed publisher..We also offer a better understanding of TNFα-induced metastasis and suggest an effective therapeutic strategy against CRC metastasis. ..
- Goldenring J, Soroka C, Shen K, Tang L, Rodriguez W, Vaughan H, et al. Enrichment of rab11, a small GTP-binding protein, in gastric parietal cells. Am J Physiol. 1994;267:G187-94 pubmed..These results suggest that rab11 is enriched in parietal cells and is associated with intracellular tubulovesicles...
- Orcl L, Palmer D, Amherdt M, Rothman J. Coated vesicle assembly in the Golgi requires only coatomer and ARF proteins from the cytosol. Nature. 1993;364:732-4 pubmed..COP-coated buds may therefore form essentially by self-assembly from Golgi cisternae after an initial step in which GTP is used to allow ARF binding. ..
- Haun R, Moss J, Vaughan M. Characterization of the human ADP-ribosylation factor 3 promoter. Transcriptional regulation of a TATA-less promoter. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:8793-800 pubmed..Expression of the promoter containing a mutated palindrome was reduced dramatically, consistent with the conclusion that this region functions in vivo to control expression of the ARF3 gene.
- Helms J, Palmer D, Rothman J. Two distinct populations of ARF bound to Golgi membranes. J Cell Biol. 1993;121:751-60 pubmed..Once associated with the membrane, activated ARF can diffuse freely to associate stably with a target protein or possibly can be inactivated by a GTPase activating protein (GAP) activity. ..
- Hosaka M, Toda K, Takatsu H, Torii S, Murakami K, Nakayama K. Structure and intracellular localization of mouse ADP-ribosylation factors type 1 to type 6 (ARF1-ARF6). J Biochem. 1996;120:813-9 pubmed..These results suggest that although all the ARF proteins play fundamental and critical roles in cellular function, they are involved in different vesicular transport processes. ..
- Boman A, Kuai J, Zhu X, Chen J, Kuriyama R, Kahn R. Arf proteins bind to mitotic kinesin-like protein 1 (MKLP1) in a GTP-dependent fashion. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 1999;44:119-32 pubmed..We performed a yeast two-hybrid screen of human cDNA libraries using a dominant activating allele, [Q71L], of human Arf3 as bait...
- Irobi J, Nelis E, Verhoeven K, De Vriendt E, Dierick I, De Jonghe P, et al. Mutation analysis of 12 candidate genes for distal hereditary motor neuropathy type II (distal HMN II) linked to 12q24.3. J Peripher Nerv Syst. 2002;7:87-95 pubmed..alpha 6 (TUBA6), splicing factor arginine/serine-rich 9 (SFRS9), U5 snRNP 100 kd (U5- 100K), putative chemokine receptor, GTP-binding protein (HM74), MondoA, cut (Drosophila)-like homeobox 2 (CUX2) and ADP-ribosylation factor 3 (ARF3).
- Gu G, Chen Y, Duan C, Zhou L, Chen C, Chen J, et al. Overexpression of ARF1 is associated with cell proliferation and migration through PI3K signal pathway in ovarian cancer. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:1511-1520 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings provide new insights into the functional role of ARF1 on EOC cell growth and migration and it may serve as a diagnostic and therapeutic target. ..
- Peurois F, Veyron S, Ferrandez Y, Ladid I, Benabdi S, Zeghouf M, et al. Characterization of the activation of small GTPases by their GEFs on membranes using artificial membrane tethering. Biochem J. 2017;474:1259-1272 pubmed publisher..Notably, it recapitulated the release of autoinhibition of Arf1, Arf3, Arf4, Arf5 and Arf6 GTPases by membranes and revealed that all isoforms are efficiently activated by two GEFs with ..
- Wójcikowska B, Gaj M. Expression profiling of AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR genes during somatic embryogenesis induction in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Rep. 2017;36:843-858 pubmed publisher..ARF5, ARF6, ARF8, ARF10, ARF16, and ARF17) was significantly up-regulated, whereas five other genes (ARF1, ARF2, ARF3, ARF11, and ARF18) were substantially down-regulated in the SE-induced explants...
- Guan C, Wu B, Yu T, Wang Q, Krogan N, Liu X, et al. Spatial Auxin Signaling Controls Leaf Flattening in Arabidopsis. Curr Biol. 2017;27:2940-2950.e4 pubmed publisher..In particular, we show that ARF2 is redundantly required with ARF3 and ARF4 to maintain the abaxial identity...
- Lee F, Moss J, Vaughan M. Human and Giardia ADP-ribosylation factors (ARFs) complement ARF function in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:24441-5 pubmed..We infer from the impaired growth of these rescued strains that the homologous ARFs may have specific targeting information that does not interact effectively or efficiently with the yeast protein membrane trafficking system. ..
- Williger B, Provost J, Ho W, Milstine J, Exton J. Arfaptin 1 forms a complex with ADP-ribosylation factor and inhibits phospholipase D. FEBS Lett. 1999;454:85-9 pubmed..However, addition of myristoylated ARF3 (myrARF3) increases the association of arfaptin 1 with the membranes, suggesting that arfaptin 1 and ARF form a ..
- Takeya R, Takeshige K, Sumimoto H. Interaction of the PDZ domain of human PICK1 with class I ADP-ribosylation factors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;267:149-55 pubmed..hand, the PDZ domain of PICK1 is capable of interacting with constitutively active, GTP-bound forms of ARF1 and ARF3, but neither with those of ARF5/6 nor with the GDP-bound ARFs...
- Boman A, Zhang C, Zhu X, Kahn R. A family of ADP-ribosylation factor effectors that can alter membrane transport through the trans-Golgi. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:1241-55 pubmed..libraries by their ability to interact preferentially with the activated form of human ADP-ribosylation factor 3 (ARF3) in two-hybrid assays...