Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: aquaporin 2
Description: aquaporin 2
Alias: AQP-CD, WCH-CD, aquaporin-2, ADH water channel, AQP-2, aquaporin 2 (collecting duct), aquaporin-CD, collecting duct water channel protein, water channel protein for renal collecting duct, water-channel aquaporin 2
Products: aquaporin 2
Publications109 found, 100 shown here
- Kuwahara M, Iwai K, Ooeda T, Igarashi T, Ogawa E, Katsushima Y, et al. Three families with autosomal dominant nephrogenic diabetes insipidus caused by aquaporin-2 mutations in the C-terminus. Am J Hum Genet. 2001;69:738-48 pubmed..Segregation of the mutations in the C-terminus of AQP2 with dominant-type NDI underlies the importance of this domain in the intracellular trafficking of AQP2...
- van Balkom B, Savelkoul P, Markovich D, Hofman E, Nielsen S, van der Sluijs P, et al. The role of putative phosphorylation sites in the targeting and shuttling of the aquaporin-2 water channel. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:41473-9 pubmed
- Tajika Y, Matsuzaki T, Suzuki T, Ablimit A, Aoki T, Hagiwara H, et al. Differential regulation of AQP2 trafficking in endosomes by microtubules and actin filaments. Histochem Cell Biol. 2005;124:1-12 pubmed..Altogether, our data suggest that Rab11 and microtubules maintain the proper distribution of the subapical AQP2 storage compartment, and actin filaments regulate the trafficking of AQP2 from early endosomes to the storage compartment. ..
- Bichet D. Nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. Adv Chronic Kidney Dis. 2006;13:96-104 pubmed
- Iacobelli S, Addabbo F, Bonsante F, Procino G, Tamma G, Acito A, et al. Aquaporin-2 excretion and renal function during the 1st week of life in preterm newborn infants. Nephron Physiol. 2006;104:121-5 pubmed
- Iolascon A, Aglio V, Tamma G, D Apolito M, Addabbo F, Procino G, et al. Characterization of two novel missense mutations in the AQP2 gene causing nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. Nephron Physiol. 2007;105:p33-41 pubmedHere, we report the aquaporin 2 (AQP2) mutational analysis of a patient with nephrogenic diabetes insipidus heterozygote due to two novel missense mutations...
- Lu H, Sun T, Matsuzaki T, Yi X, Eswara J, Bouley R, et al. Heat shock protein 70 interacts with aquaporin-2 and regulates its trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:28721-32 pubmed..To summarize, we have identified the 70-kDa heat shock proteins as a AQP2 interactors and have shown for hsc70 that this interaction is involved in AQP2 trafficking. ..
- Tamma G, Procino G, Mola M, Svelto M, Valenti G. Functional involvement of Annexin-2 in cAMP induced AQP2 trafficking. Pflugers Arch. 2008;456:729-36 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data demonstrate that annexin-2 is required for cAMP-induced AQP2 exocytosis in renal cells. ..
- Procino G, Mastrofrancesco L, Tamma G, Lasorsa D, Ranieri M, Stringini G, et al. Calcium-sensing receptor and aquaporin 2 interplay in hypercalciuria-associated renal concentrating defect in humans. An in vivo and in vitro study. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33145 pubmed publisher..This mechanism and possibly reduced medulla tonicity may explain the lower concentrating ability observed in hypercalciuric patients. ..
- Sasaki S. Aquaporin 2: from its discovery to molecular structure and medical implications. Mol Aspects Med. 2012;33:535-46 pubmed publisherThis review describes the discovery of rat aquaporin 2 AQP2 as a vasopressin-regulated water channel, and subsequent isolation of human AQP2...
- Fenton R, Pedersen C, Moeller H. New insights into regulated aquaporin-2 function. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens. 2013;22:551-8 pubmed publisher..This complexity of regulation allows fine-tuning of AQP2 function and thus body water homeostasis. ..
- Deen P, Verdijk M, Knoers N, Wieringa B, Monnens L, Van Os C, et al. Requirement of human renal water channel aquaporin-2 for vasopressin-dependent concentration of urine. Science. 1994;264:92-5 pubmed..Functional expression studies in Xenopus oocytes revealed that each mutation resulted in nonfunctional water channel proteins. Thus, aquaporin-2 is essential for vasopressin-dependent concentration of urine...
- Mulders S, Bichet D, Rijss J, Kamsteeg E, Arthus M, Lonergan M, et al. An aquaporin-2 water channel mutant which causes autosomal dominant nephrogenic diabetes insipidus is retained in the Golgi complex. J Clin Invest. 1998;102:57-66 pubmed..Since AQPs are thought to tetramerize, the retention of AQP2-E258K together with wild-type AQP2 in mixed tetramers in the Golgi compartment is a likely explanation for the dominant inheritance of NDI in this patient...
- Marr N, Bichet D, Lonergan M, Arthus M, Jeck N, Seyberth H, et al. Heteroligomerization of an Aquaporin-2 mutant with wild-type Aquaporin-2 and their misrouting to late endosomes/lysosomes explains dominant nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:779-89 pubmed
- Noda Y, Horikawa S, Kanda E, Yamashita M, Meng H, Eto K, et al. Reciprocal interaction with G-actin and tropomyosin is essential for aquaporin-2 trafficking. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:587-601 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a novel mechanism of channel protein trafficking, in which the channel protein itself critically regulates local actin reorganization to initiate its movement. ..
- Zhang Y, Peti Peterdi J, Heiney K, Riquier Brison A, Carlson N, MÃ¼ller C, et al. Clopidogrel attenuates lithium-induced alterations in renal water and sodium channels/transporters in mice. Purinergic Signal. 2015;11:507-18 pubmed publisher..Semi-quantitative immunoblotting revealed that CLPD alone increased renal aquaporin 2 (AQP2), Na-K-2Cl cotransporter (NKCC2), Na-Cl cotransporter (NCC), and the subunits of the epithelial Na ..
- de Groot T, Sinke A, Kortenoeven M, Alsady M, Baumgarten R, Devuyst O, et al. Acetazolamide Attenuates Lithium-Induced Nephrogenic Diabetes Insipidus. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016;27:2082-91 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, CA activity contributes to lithium-NDI development, and acetazolamide attenuates lithium-NDI development in mice similar to thiazide/amiloride but with fewer adverse effects. ..
- Zhang Y, Peti Peterdi J, MÃ¼ller C, Carlson N, Baqi Y, Strasburg D, et al. P2Y12 Receptor Localizes in the Renal Collecting Duct and Its Blockade Augments Arginine Vasopressin Action and Alleviates Nephrogenic Diabetes Insipidus. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015;26:2978-87 pubmed publisher..This strategy may offer a novel and effective therapy for lithium-induced NDI. ..
- Nielsen J, Hoffert J, Knepper M, Agre P, Nielsen S, Fenton R. Proteomic analysis of lithium-induced nephrogenic diabetes insipidus: mechanisms for aquaporin 2 down-regulation and cellular proliferation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:3634-9 pubmed publisher..chronic treatment with lithium induces numerous kidney-related side effects, such as dramatically reduced aquaporin 2 (AQP2) abundance, altered renal function, and structural changes...
- Kor Y, Zou M, Al Rijjal R, Monies D, Meyer B, Shi Y. Phenotype heterogeneity of congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to genetic mosaicism and concomitant nephrogenic diabetes insipidus in a sibling. BMC Med Genet. 2018;19:115 pubmed publisher..This is a first report of concurrent 21OHD and NDI caused by simultaneous homozygous CYP21A2 and AQP2 mutations. ..
- de Groot T, Doornebal J, Christensen B, Cockx S, Sinke A, Baumgarten R, et al. Lithium-induced NDI: acetazolamide reduces polyuria but does not improve urine concentrating ability. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;313:F669-F676 pubmed publisher..The reduced GFR in patients prone to chronic kidney disease development, however, warrants against application of acetazolamide in Li-NDI patients without long-term (pre)clinical studies. ..
- Sands J, Klein J. Physiological insights into novel therapies for nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2016;311:F1149-F1152 pubmed publisher..Since metformin, sildenafil, and simvastatin are commercially available and have excellent safety records, the potential for rapidly advancing them into clinical trials is high. ..
- NÃ¸rregaard R, Tao S, Nilsson L, Woodgett J, Kakade V, Yu A, et al. Glycogen synthase kinase 3Î± regulates urine concentrating mechanism in mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2015;308:F650-60 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates, for the first time, that GSK3Î± could play a crucial role in renal urine concentration and suggest that GSK3Î± might be one of the initial targets of Li(+) in LiCl-induced nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. ..
- Wang A, Hirose T, Ohsaki Y, Takahashi C, Sato E, Oba Yabana I, et al. Hydrochlorothiazide ameliorates polyuria caused by tolvaptan treatment of polycystic kidney disease in PCK rats. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2019;23:455-464 pubmed publisher..Notably, aquaporin 2 redistribution from the apical to intracellular domains was observed in tolvaptan-treated rats and was ..
- Khositseth S, Uawithya P, Somparn P, Charngkaew K, Thippamom N, Hoffert J, et al. Autophagic degradation of aquaporin-2 is an early event in hypokalemia-induced nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. Sci Rep. 2015;5:18311 pubmed publisher..Thus, enhanced autophagic degradation of proteins, most notably including AQP2, is an early event in hypokalemia-induced NDI. ..
- Shida Y, Matsuoka H, Chiga M, Uchida S, Sasaki S, Sugihara S. Characterization of AQP-2 gene mutation (R254Q) in a family with dominant nephrogenic DI. Pediatr Int. 2013;55:105-7 pubmed publisher..Gene mutation analysis should be considered even in patients with mild NDI symptoms. Fortunately, both V2R and AQP2 genes are small and can be easily analyzed. ..
- Rice W, Li W, Mamuya F, McKee M, PÄƒunescu T, Lu H. Polarized Trafficking of AQP2 Revealed in Three Dimensional Epithelial Culture. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0131719 pubmed publisher..V2R, to increase intracellular cAMP leading to phosphorylation and apical membrane accumulation of the water channel aquaporin 2 (AQP2). The trafficking and function of basolaterally located AQP2 is, however, poorly understood...
- Saxena V, Hains D, Ketz J, Chanley M, Spencer J, Becknell B, et al. Cell specific qRT-PCR of renal epithelial cells reveals a novel innate immune signature in murine collecting duct. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;:ajprenal.00512.2016 pubmed publisher..ascending pathogens are the collecting tubule cells which consist of principal cells (PCs) that express aquaporin 2 (AQP2) and intercalated cells (ICs) that express vacuolar H+-ATPase (V-ATPase, B1 subunit)...
- Rai T, Uchida S, Marumo F, Sasaki S. Cloning of rat and mouse aquaporin-2 gene promoters and identification of a negative cis-regulatory element. Am J Physiol. 1997;273:F264-73 pubmed..These results indicate that tissue-specific expression of AQP-2 gene may in part be regulated by this novel negative acting cis-element...
- Bougacha Elleuch N, Lassoued M, Miled N, Zouari S, Ayadi H. Characterization of V71M mutation in the aquaporin-2 gene causing nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. J Genet. 2008;87:279-82 pubmed
- Cho S, Law C, Ng K, Lam C. Novel large deletion in AVPR2 gene causing copy number variation in a patient with X-linked nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. Clin Chim Acta. 2016;455:84-6 pubmed publisher..A definitive diagnosis can benefit patient by treatment of hydrochlorothiazide and amiloride and avoiding unnecessary investigations. ..
- Whiting J, Ogier L, Forbush K, Bucko P, Gopalan J, Seternes O, et al. AKAP220 manages apical actin networks that coordinate aquaporin-2 location and renal water reabsorption. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E4328-37 pubmed publisher..We propose that membrane-proximal signaling complexes constrained by AKAP220 impact the actin barrier dynamics and AQP2 trafficking to ensure water homeostasis. ..
- Ren H, Yang B, Ruiz J, Efe O, Ilori T, Sands J, et al. Phosphatase inhibition increases AQP2 accumulation in the rat IMCD apical plasma membrane. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2016;311:F1189-F1197 pubmed publisherVasopressin triggers the phosphorylation and apical plasma membrane accumulation of aquaporin 2 (AQP2), and it plays an essential role in urine concentration. Vasopressin, acting through protein kinase A, phosphorylates AQP2...
- Kang S, Patnaik B, Hwang H, Park S, Chung J, Song D, et al. Transcriptome sequencing and de novo characterization of Korean endemic land snail, Koreanohadra kurodana for functional transcripts and SSR markers. Mol Genet Genomics. 2016;291:1999-2014 pubmed publisher..kurodana. The availability of transcriptome information ( http://bioinfo.sch.ac.kr/submission/ ) would promote the utilization of the resources for phylogenetics study and genetic diversity assessment. ..
- Lee J, Alsady M, Chou C, de Groot T, Deen P, Knepper M, et al. Single-tubule RNA-Seq uncovers signaling mechanisms that defend against hyponatremia in SIADH. Kidney Int. 2018;93:128-146 pubmed publisher..Thus, there is a partial epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition during vasopressin escape with a subsequent shift from quiescence into the cell cycle with eventual arrest and loss of aquaporin-2. ..
- Sasaki S, Fushimi K, Saito H, Saito F, Uchida S, Ishibashi K, et al. Cloning, characterization, and chromosomal mapping of human aquaporin of collecting duct. J Clin Invest. 1994;93:1250-6 pubmed..Chromosomal mapping of the hAQP-CD gene assigned its location to chromosome 12q13. These results could be important for future studies of the pathophysiology of human urinary concentration mechanisms in normal and abnormal states. ..
- Yamashita Y, Hirai K, Katayama Y, Fushimi K, Sasaki S, Marumo F. Mutations in sixth transmembrane domain of AQP2 inhibit its translocation induced by vasopression. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2000;278:F395-405 pubmed..These results demonstrate that 6TM has essential domains for vasopressin-induced translocation from endosomes to the plasma membrane...
- Ren H, Yang B, Molina P, Sands J, Klein J. NSAIDs Alter Phosphorylated Forms of AQP2 in the Inner Medullary Tip. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0141714 pubmed publisher..They also increase some phosphorylated forms of AQP2. These changes may partially compensate for the decrease in AQP2 abundance, thereby lessening the decrease in urine osmolality. ..
- Lin Q, Geng Y, Lin S, Tian Z. Sirtuin1 (SIRT1) Regulates Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha (TNF-?-Induced) Aquaporin-2 (AQP2) Expression in Renal Medullary Collecting Duct Cells Through Inhibiting the NF-?B Pathway. Med Sci Monit Basic Res. 2016;22:165-174 pubmed
- Al Therwani S, Malmberg M, Rosenbaek J, Bech J, Pedersen E. Effect of tolvaptan on renal handling of water and sodium, GFR and central hemodynamics in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease during inhibition of the nitric oxide system: a randomized, placebo-controlled, double blind, crossover study. BMC Nephrol. 2017;18:268 pubmed publisher..The reduced GFR during tolvaptan most likely is caused by the reduction in extracellular fluid volume and blood pressure. Clinical Trial no: NCT02527863 . Registered 18 February 2015. ..
- Meinild A, Klaerke D, Zeuthen T. Bidirectional water fluxes and specificity for small hydrophilic molecules in aquaporins 0-5. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:32446-51 pubmed..6. We conclude that the pore of the various aquaporins are structurally different and that a simple steric model is insufficient to explain solute-pore interactions. ..
- Kuwahara M, Asai T, Terada Y, Sasaki S. The C-terminal tail of aquaporin-2 determines apical trafficking. Kidney Int. 2005;68:1999-2009 pubmed..The putative PDZ-interacting motif (G-T-K-A, residues 268-271) plays a key role in apical membrane expression. In addition, cAMP-dependent phosphorylation was found to be critical for apical targeting. ..
- Umenishi F, Narikiyo T, Schrier R. Effect on stability, degradation, expression, and targeting of aquaporin-2 water channel by hyperosmolality in renal epithelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;338:1593-9 pubmed..These results indicate that hyperosmolality plays an important role in the stability, degradation, expression, and targeting of ng-AQP2. ..
- Xiao Z, Chen L, Zhou Q, Zhang W. Dot1l deficiency leads to increased intercalated cells and upregulation of V-ATPase B1 in mice. Exp Cell Res. 2016;344:167-75 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that Dot1l is a new epigenetic regulator of PC and IC differentiation and Atp6v1b1 is a new transcriptional target of Dot1l. ..
- Taniguchi K, Tamura Y, Kumagai T, Shibata S, Uchida S. Stimulation of V1a receptor increases renal uric acid clearance via urate transporters: insight into pathogenesis of hypouricemia in SIADH. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2016;20:845-852 pubmed publisher..The results of immunohistochemistry corroborated with those of the western blotting. Aquaporin 2 expression did not change in the medulla, suggesting the independence of V2 receptor stimulation...
- Bockenhauer D, Bichet D. Inherited secondary nephrogenic diabetes insipidus: concentrating on humans. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013;304:F1037-42 pubmed publisher..To better understand the underlying mechanism(s), collaboration between clinical and experimental physiologists is essential to further investigate these observations in appropriate experimental models. ..
- Li W, Zha L, Li Z, Huang Y, Zhou Y. The expression profile of aquaporin 1 in rat myocardium after severe burns. Turk J Med Sci. 2015;45:481-8 pubmed..AQP1 may play a functional role in the development of myocardial edema after scalding. Targeting AQP1 may provide opportunities for therapeutic intervention in myocardial edema following severe burns. ..
- Bichet D, Bockenhauer D. Genetic forms of nephrogenic diabetes insipidus (NDI): Vasopressin receptor defect (X-linked) and aquaporin defect (autosomal recessive and dominant). Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016;30:263-76 pubmed publisher..Prior knowledge of AVPR2 or AQP2 mutations in NDI families and perinatal mutation testing is of direct clinical value and can avert the physical and mental retardation associated with repeated episodes of dehydration. ..
- Yang S, Lin S, Chen Y, Wu V, Yang W, Wu K. A low-salt diet increases the expression of renal sirtuin 1 through activation of the ghrelin receptor in rats. Sci Rep. 2016;6:32787 pubmed publisher..that Sirt1 was mainly expressed in the tubulointerstitial cells of normal rat kidneys and was co-localized with aquaporin 2, indicating it may be involved in water/salt regulation...
- Khositseth S, Charngkaew K, Boonkrai C, Somparn P, Uawithya P, Chomanee N, et al. Hypercalcemia induces targeted autophagic degradation of aquaporin-2 at the onset of nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. Kidney Int. 2017;91:1070-1087 pubmed publisher..Thus, enhanced autophagic degradation of proteins plays an important role in the initial mechanism of hypercalcemic-induced NDI. ..
- Olesen E, Fenton R. Aquaporin-2 membrane targeting: still a conundrum. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;312:F744-F747 pubmed publisher..In this brief review we assess the role of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) and discuss the emerging concept that type 2 AVP receptor (V2R)-mediated AQP2 trafficking is cAMP-independent. ..
- Xu J, Pan M, Wang X, Xu L, Li L, Xu C. Fluid Retention Caused by Rosiglitazone Is Related to Increases in AQP2 and ?ENaC Membrane Expression. PPAR Res. 2017;2017:8130968 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that in vitro the fluid retention caused by ROS is associated with the increases in membrane ?ENaC and AQP2 but has little relevance to the phosphorylation of PPAR?. ..
- Imamura T, Kinugawa K. Urine Aquaporin-2: A Promising Marker of Response to the Arginine Vasopressin Type-2 Antagonist, Tolvaptan in Patients with Congestive Heart Failure. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Long-term efficacy of tolvaptan treatment in the responders defined by aquaporin-2 needs to be validated in the future prospective study. ..
- Chen C, Chen R, Lin H, Zhang W, Huang X, Huang Z. Tolvaptan regulates aquaporin-2 and fecal water in cirrhotic rats with ascites. World J Gastroenterol. 2016;22:3363-71 pubmed publisher..Upregulation of AQP-2 in the distal colon is found in cirrhotic rats with ascites. Tolvaptan inhibits its expression and may decrease water reabsorption and induce diarrhea. ..
- Shi S, Buck T, Kinlough C, Marciszyn A, Hughey R, Chalfie M, et al. Regulation of the epithelial Na+ channel by paraoxonase-2. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15927-15938 pubmed publisher..We observed PON-2 expression in aquaporin 2-positive principal cells of the distal nephron of adult human kidney...
- Trimpert C, Wesche D, de Groot T, Pimentel Rodriguez M, Wong V, van den Berg D, et al. NDFIP allows NEDD4/NEDD4L-induced AQP2 ubiquitination and degradation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183774 pubmed publisher..As NDFIP1/2 bind many NEDD4 family E3 ligases, which are implicated in several cellular processes, NDFIP1/2 may be the missing link for AQP2 ubiquitination and degradation from different subcellular locations. ..
- VelÃ¡squez Jones L, Medeiros Domingo M. [Nephrogenic diabetes insipidus]. Bol Med Hosp Infant Mex. 2014;71:332-338 pubmed publisher..This article reviews the causes, clinical manifestations, diagnosis and treatment of patients with nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. Based on more in-depth mechanistic understanding, new therapeutic strategies are current being explored. ..
- Ishibashi K, Hara S, Kondo S. Aquaporin water channels in mammals. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2009;13:107-117 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the current knowledge on all mammalian AQPs and hopefully will stimulate future research in both clinical and basic fields. ..
- Candreia C, Schmuziger N, Gürtler N. Molecular analysis of aquaporin genes 1 to 4 in patients with Menière's disease. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2010;26:787-92 pubmed publisher..Additional regions (introns, splice-sites) and other genes involved in inner ear homeostasis need to be analyzed to identify a possible molecular alteration in MD. ..
- Liu K, Nagase H, Huang C, Calamita G, Agre P. Purification and functional characterization of aquaporin-8. Biol Cell. 2006;98:153-61 pubmed..Moreover, hAQP8 is permeable to ammonium analogues (formamide and methylammonium). Our results suggest that AQP8 may transport ammonium in vivo and physiologically contribute to the acid-base equilibrium. ..
- Vieux R, Zelenina M, Aperia A, Hascoet J. The renal adverse effects of ibuprofen are not mediated by AQP2 water channels. Pediatr Nephrol. 2010;25:1277-84 pubmed publisher..Based on our results, we conclude that ibuprofen-induced oligo-anuria is not associated with a change in AQP2 activity and that ibuprofen does not affect AQP2 activity during the first month of life in very preterm neonates. ..
- Kishida T, Suzuki M, Takayama A. Evolution of the alternative AQP2 gene: Acquisition of a novel protein-coding sequence in dolphins. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2018;118:54-57 pubmed publisher..A recent study revealed that bottlenose dolphins acquired a novel isoform of aquaporin 2 generated by alternative splicing (alternative AQP2), which helps dolphins to live in hyperosmotic seawater...
- Fukagawa A, Ishikawa S, Kusaka I, Nakamura T, Higashiyama M, Nagasaka S, et al. Chronic hypernatremia derived from hypothalamic dysfunction: impaired secretion of arginine vasopressin and enhanced renal water handling. Endocr J. 2001;48:233-9 pubmed
- Combet S, Teillet L, Geelen G, Pitrat B, Gobin R, Nielsen S, et al. Food restriction prevents age-related polyuria by vasopressin-dependent recruitment of aquaporin-2. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2001;281:F1123-31 pubmed
- Leduc Nadeau A, Lussier Y, Arthus M, Lonergan M, Martinez Aguayo A, Riveira Munoz E, et al. New autosomal recessive mutations in aquaporin-2 causing nephrogenic diabetes insipidus through deficient targeting display normal expression in Xenopus oocytes. J Physiol. 2010;588:2205-18 pubmed publisher..The discrepancies in plasma membrane targeting response found in both expression systems stress the need to evaluate such data using mammalian cell systems. ..
- GarcÃa CastaÃ±o A, PÃ©rez de Nanclares G, Madariaga L, Aguirre M, Chocron S, Madrid A, et al. Novel mutations associated with nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. A clinical-genetic study. Eur J Pediatr. 2015;174:1373-85 pubmed publisher..What is new: â€¢ In this study, we report 10 novel mutations associated with NDI. â€¢ We have detected a high presence (50 %) of heterozygous carriers with clinical NDI symptoms. ..
- Kuo K, Yang C, Yu M. Dexamethasone Enhances Vasopressin-Induced Aquaporin-2 Gene Expression in the mpkCCD Cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;:ajprenal.00218.2017 pubmed publisher..By increasing the amount of aquaporin-2 protein in the cells, our method will facilitate the study of aquaporin-2 cell physiology regulated by vasopressin...
- Kuwahara M, Gu Y, Ishibashi K, Marumo F, Sasaki S. Mercury-sensitive residues and pore site in AQP3 water channel. Biochemistry. 1997;36:13973-8 pubmed..These results suggest that the structure of the aqueous pore of AQP3 resembles those of AQP1 and AQP2 and support the hypothesis that water and small molecules share a common pore in AQP3. ..
- Murata K, Mitsuoka K, Hirai T, Walz T, Agre P, Heymann J, et al. Structural determinants of water permeation through aquaporin-1. Nature. 2000;407:599-605 pubmed..The atomic model provides a possible molecular explanation to a longstanding puzzle in physiology-how membranes can be freely permeable to water but impermeable to protons. ..
- Pedersen R, Bentzen H, Bech J, Pedersen E. Effect of water deprivation and hypertonic saline infusion on urinary AQP2 excretion in healthy humans. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2001;280:F860-7 pubmed..83; P < 0.0001). It can be concluded that p-AVP and u-AQP2 are increased during thirst and hypertonic saline infusion and that u-AQP2 reflects the action of AVP on the collecting ducts...
- He R, Sheng J, Luo Q, Jin F, Wang B, Qian Y, et al. Aquaporin-2 expression in human endometrium correlates with serum ovarian steroid hormones. Life Sci. 2006;79:423-9 pubmed..The high level of endometrial AQP2 expression was observed at the mid-secretory phase, the time of embryo implantation, suggesting that AQP2 might play physiological roles in the uterine receptivity. ..
- Huber V, Tsujita M, Yamazaki M, Sakimura K, Nakada T. Identification of arylsulfonamides as Aquaporin 4 inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2007;17:1270-3 pubmed..AZA was found to have an IC50 against AQP4 of 0.9 microM. Phloretin was inactive under the same conditions. ..
- Maekawa C, Kitahara T, Kizawa K, Okazaki S, Kamakura T, Horii A, et al. Expression and translocation of aquaporin-2 in the endolymphatic sac in patients with Meniere's disease. J Neuroendocrinol. 2010;22:1157-64 pubmed publisher..Further experimental and clinical studies are needed to better clarify the neuroscientific relationship between stress and Meniere's disease...
- Wang Y, Yin J, Li X, Chen J, Qian C, Zheng Y, et al. The association of transporter genes polymorphisms and lung cancer chemotherapy response. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e91967 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the genetic polymorphisms in OCT2, AQP2, AQP9 and TMEM205 may contribute to chemotherapy response in lung cancer patients. ..
- Zhang D, Xu G, Zhang R, Zhu Y, Gao H, Zhou C, et al. Decreased expression of aquaporin 2 is associated with impaired endometrial receptivity in controlled ovarian stimulation. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2016;28:499-506 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of COS on embryo implantation and the role of aquaporin 2 (AQP2). We recruited eight patients who underwent COS and 40 matched controls...
- Cheung P, Nomura N, Nair A, Pathomthongtaweechai N, Ueberdiek L, Lu H, et al. EGF Receptor Inhibition by Erlotinib Increases Aquaporin 2-Mediated Renal Water Reabsorption. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016;27:3105-3116 pubmed..VP/cAMP/protein kinase A pathway have so far proven ineffective, alternative strategies for modulating aquaporin 2 (AQP2) trafficking have been sought...
- Padhi S, Priyakumar U. Microsecond simulation of human aquaporin 2 reveals structural determinants of water permeability and selectivity. Biochim Biophys Acta Biomembr. 2017;1859:10-16 pubmed publisherHuman aquaporin 2 (AQP2) from the family of aquaporins assumes great physiological importance, owing to its association with nephrogenic diabetes insipidus (NDI)...
- Yui N, Ando F, Sasaki S, Uchida S. Ser-261 phospho-regulation is involved in pS256 and pS269-mediated aquaporin-2 apical translocation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:1039-1044 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Ser-261 phospho-regulation is involved in pS256- and pS269-mediated AQP2 apical translocation. ..
- Chen L, Lee J, Chou C, Nair A, Battistone M, Paunescu T, et al. Transcriptomes of major renal collecting duct cell types in mouse identified by single-cell RNA-seq. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E9989-E9998 pubmed publisher..The identified patterns of gene expression among the three types of collecting duct cells provide a foundation for understanding physiological regulation and pathophysiology in the renal collecting duct. ..
- Wu Q, Moeller H, Stevens D, Sanchez Hodge R, Childers G, Kortenoeven M, et al. CHIP Regulates Aquaporin-2 Quality Control and Body Water Homeostasis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2018;29:936-948 pubmed publisher..We did not observe significant changes in other water- or sodium-transporting proteins in the gene-modified mice. In summary, these results suggest that CHIP regulates AQP2 and subsequently, renal water handling. ..
- Ma T, Hasegawa H, Skach W, Frigeri A, Verkman A. Expression, functional analysis, and in situ hybridization of a cloned rat kidney collecting duct water channel. Am J Physiol. 1994;266:C189-97 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Mulders S, Rijss J, Hartog A, Bindels R, Van Os C, Deen P. Importance of the mercury-sensitive cysteine on function and routing of AQP1 and AQP2 in oocytes. Am J Physiol. 1997;273:F451-6 pubmed..Similar mutations have no effect on AQP1 function, which is indicative of structural differences between AQP1 and AQP2...
- Ishikawa S, Ito T, Oda H, Ando F, Higashiyama M, Nagasaka S, et al. Urinary excretion of aquaporin-2 water channel differentiates psychogenic polydipsia from central diabetes insipidus. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999;84:2235-7 pubmed..These results indicate that urinary excretion of AQP-2, under ad libitum water drinking, participates in the differentiation of psychogenic polydipsia from central diabetes insipidus. ..
- Tsukaguchi H, Weremowicz S, Morton C, Hediger M. Functional and molecular characterization of the human neutral solute channel aquaporin-9. Am J Physiol. 1999;277:F685-96 pubmed..1-22.2. Our data show that hAQP9 serves as a promiscuous solute channel expressed in both liver and peripheral leukocytes, where it is ideally suited to transport of metabolites and/or nutrients into and out of these cells ..
- Zelenina M, Christensen B, Palmer J, Nairn A, Nielsen S, Aperia A. Prostaglandin E(2) interaction with AVP: effects on AQP2 phosphorylation and distribution. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2000;278:F388-94 pubmed
- Buemi M, D Anna R, Di Pasquale G, Floccari F, Ruello A, Aloisi C, et al. Urinary excretion of aquaporin-2 water channel during pregnancy. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2001;11:203-8 pubmed..No statistically significant changes were found in plasma AVP levels throughout the study period. Our findings suggest that a non-AVP factor present in pregnancy plays a role in the control of the excretion of AQP-2 water channels. ..
- Chambrey R, St John P, Eladari D, Quentin F, Warnock D, Abrahamson D, et al. Localization and functional characterization of Na+/H+ exchanger isoform NHE4 in rat thick ascending limbs. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2001;281:F707-17 pubmed..Nevertheless, these two proteins exhibited dramatically different affinities for intracellular H+, suggesting that they may play distinct physiological roles in the kidney...
- Hatakeyama S, Yoshida Y, Tani T, Koyama Y, Nihei K, Ohshiro K, et al. Cloning of a new aquaporin (AQP10) abundantly expressed in duodenum and jejunum. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;287:814-9 pubmed..The specific expression of AQP10 suggests its contribution to the water transport in the upper portion of small intestine. ..
- Loonen A, Knoers N, Van Os C, Deen P. Aquaporin 2 mutations in nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. Semin Nephrol. 2008;28:252-65 pubmed publisher..This review describes the current knowledge on AQP2 mutations in nephrogenic diabetes insipidus...