Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AQP7
Description: aquaporin 7
Alias: AQP7L, AQPap, GLYCQTL, aquaporin-7, aquaglyceroporin-7, aquaporin adipose
Publications152 found, 100 shown here
- El Esawi M, Al Ghamdi A, Ali H, Ahmad M. Overexpression of AtWRKY30 Transcription Factor Enhances Heat and Drought Stress Tolerance in Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Genes (Basel). 2019;10: pubmed publisher..level of antioxidant enzyme-encoding genes and stress-responsive genes (ERF5a, DREB1, DREB3, WRKY19, TIP2, and AQP7) were significantly induced in the transgenic wheat plants in comparison with the wild type...
- Kabutomori J, Beloto Silva O, Geyer R, Musa Aziz R. Lithobates catesbeianus (American Bullfrog) oocytes: a novel heterologous expression system for aquaporins. Biol Open. 2018;7: pubmed publisher..Thus, we consider Lithobates oocytes to be a readily accessible system for the functional expression and study of membrane proteins for international researchers who do not currently have access to Xenopus oocytes. ..
- RodrÃguez A, GÃ³mez Ambrosi J, CatalÃ¡n V, Ezquerro S, MÃ©ndez GimÃ©nez L, Becerril S, et al. Guanylin and uroguanylin stimulate lipolysis in human visceral adipocytes. Int J Obes (Lond). 2016;40:1405-15 pubmed publisher..fatty acids and glycerol release together with an upregulation of several lipolysis-related genes, including AQP3, AQP7, FATP1 or CD36. Both guanylin and uroguanylin trigger lipolysis in human visceral adipocytes...
- Verkman A, Mitra A. Structure and function of aquaporin water channels. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2000;278:F13-28 pubmed..Recent results from knockout mice implicating multiple physiological roles of aquaporins suggest that the aquaporins may be suitable targets for drug discovery by structure-based and/or high-throughput screening strategies...
- Kulyté A, Ehrlund A, Arner P, Dahlman I. Global transcriptome profiling identifies KLF15 and SLC25A10 as modifiers of adipocytes insulin sensitivity in obese women. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178485 pubmed publisher..cells suggested that KLF15 might control insulin sensitivity by influencing expression of PPARG, PXMP2, AQP7, LPL and genes in the mitochondrial respiratory chain...
- Buerger F, Müller S, Ney N, Weiner J, Heiker J, Kallendrusch S, et al. Depletion of Jmjd1c impairs adipogenesis in murine 3T3-L1 cells. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis. 2017;1863:1709-1717 pubmed publisher..with lipid droplet formation (Plin1, Plin4, Cidea) and uptake of glucose and fatty acids (Glut4, Fatp1, Fatp4, Aqp7) respectively...
- Agha G, Houseman E, Kelsey K, Eaton C, Buka S, Loucks E. Adiposity is associated with DNA methylation profile in adipose tissue. Int J Epidemiol. 2015;44:1277-87 pubmed publisher..in several genes that are biologically relevant to the development of adiposity, such as AOC3, LIPE, SOD3, AQP7 and CETP...
- Kerr A, Sinha I, Dadvar S, Arner P, Dahlman I. Epigenetic regulation of diabetogenic adipose morphology. Mol Metab. 2019;: pubmed publisher..siRNA knockdown of ADH1B, AZGP1, C14orf180, GYG2, HADH, PRKAR2B, PFKFB3, and AQP7 influenced lipid storage and metabolism...
- Michalek K. Aquaglyceroporins in the kidney: present state of knowledge and prospects. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2016;67:185-93 pubmed..This review summarizes our current knowledge on additional transport functions of renal AQPs (AQP3, AQP6, AQP7 and AQP8)...
- Gómez Zorita S, Trepiana J, Fernández Quintela A, Gonzalez M, Portillo M. Resveratrol and Pterostilbene, Two Analogue Phenolic Compounds, Affect Aquaglyceroporin Expression in a Different Manner in Adipose Tissue. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..Regarding brown adipose tissue, AQP7 seemed not to be involved in the previously reported thermogenic activity of both phenolic compounds.
- Potokar M, Jorgacevski J, Zorec R. Astrocyte Aquaporin Dynamics in Health and Disease. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..In the human CNS, AQP4 is expressed in normal physiological and pathological conditions, but astrocytic expression of AQP1 and AQP9 is mainly associated with a pathological state. ..
- Jakobsen L, Trelborg K, Kingo P, Hoyer S, Andersson K, Djurhuus J, et al. Aquaporin expression in the fetal porcine urinary tract changes during gestation. Physiol Res. 2018;67:283-292 pubmed..Expression levels of AQP1, 3, 5, 9 and 11 in the urinary tract change during gestation, and further studies are needed to provide insights into normal and pathophysiological water handling mechanisms in the fetus. ..
- ..development of specify pharmacologic modulators able to regulate aquaglyceroporins expression and function , in particular AQP7 in adipose tissue, might constitute a novel approach for controlling obesity and other metabolic disorders.
- Adebambo O, Ray P, Shea D, Fry R. Toxicological responses of environmental mixtures: Environmental metal mixtures display synergistic induction of metal-responsive and oxidative stress genes in placental cells. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2015;289:534-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data suggest that toxic metals that co-occur may induce detrimental health effects that are currently underestimated when analyzed as single metals. ..
- Bjørkskov F, Krabbe S, Nurup C, Missel J, Spulber M, Bomholt J, et al. Purification and functional comparison of nine human Aquaporins produced in Saccharomyces cerevisiae for the purpose of biophysical characterization. Sci Rep. 2017;7:16899 pubmed publisher..Glycosylation analysis revealed that AQP7 and 12 were O-glycosylated, AQP10 was N-glycosylated while the other AQPs were not glycosylated...
- Wang F, Ye B. Bioinformatics analysis and construction of phylogenetic tree of aquaporins from Echinococcus granulosus. Parasitol Res. 2016;115:3499-511 pubmed publisher..Unfortunately, homology modeling of EgAQPs was aborted. These results provide a foundation for understanding and researches of the biological function of E. granulosus. ..
- Magvanjav O, Gong Y, McDonough C, Chapman A, Turner S, Gums J, et al. Genetic Variants Associated With Uncontrolled Blood Pressure on Thiazide Diuretic/?-Blocker Combination Therapy in the PEAR (Pharmacogenomic Evaluation of Antihypertensive Responses) and INVEST (International Verapamil-SR Trandolapril Study) Trials. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..A single nucleotide polymorphism in the gene ALDH1A2 may be associated with uncontrolled BP following treatment with a thiazide diuretic/?-blocker combination. URL: https://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT00246519. ..
- van der Wekken A, Kuiper J, Saber A, Terpstra M, Wei J, Hiltermann T, et al. Overall survival in EGFR mutated non-small-cell lung cancer patients treated with afatinib after EGFR TKI and resistant mechanisms upon disease progression. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182885 pubmed publisher..analyses of post-afatinib progressive tumors revealed 28 resistant specific mutations in six genes (HLA-DRB1, AQP7, FAM198A, SEC31A, CNTLN, and ESX1) in three afatinib responding patients...
- Zhu S, Ran J, Yang B, Mei Z. Aquaporins in Digestive System. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;969:123-130 pubmed publisher..Further investigation is necessary for specific locations and functions of AQPs in digestive system. ..
- Vassiliou A, Manitsopoulos N, Kardara M, Maniatis N, Orfanos S, Kotanidou A. Differential Expression of Aquaporins in Experimental Models of Acute Lung Injury. In Vivo. 2017;31:885-894 pubmed..e. LPS. Participation of aquaporins in the acute inflammatory process depends on localization and the type of lung injury. ..
- Yahouedehou S, Adorno E, da Guarda C, Ndidi U, Carvalho S, Santiago R, et al. Hydroxyurea in the management of sickle cell disease: pharmacogenomics and enzymatic metabolism. Pharmacogenomics J. 2018;18:730-739 pubmed publisher..Therefore, further studies are needed to elucidate the metabolic pathway of HU, which will facilitate pharmacogenomic studies and help in identification of candidate genes for predicting HU response. ..
- Zang Y, Chen J, Zhong H, Ren J, Zhao W, Man Q, et al. Genome-wide analysis of the Aquaporin gene family in reptiles. Int J Biol Macromol. 2019;126:1093-1098 pubmed publisher..0104⁎⁎) and AQP7 (P = 0...
- Li Y, Wang W, Jiang T, Yang B. Aquaporins in Urinary System. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;969:131-148 pubmed publisher..kidney: AQP1 in the proximal tubule, thin descending limb of Henle, and vasa recta; AQP2 -6 in the collecting duct; AQP7 in the proximal tubule; AQP8 in the proximal tubule and collecting duct; and AQP11 in the endoplasmic reticulum of ..
- Magouliotis D, Tasiopoulou V, Dimas K, Sakellaridis N, Svokos K, Svokos A, et al. Transcriptomic analysis of the Aquaporin (AQP) gene family interactome identifies a molecular panel of four prognostic markers in patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Pancreatology. 2019;19:436-442 pubmed publisher..A molecular panel of four genes (Aquaporin 7 - AQP7; Archain 1 - ARCN1; Exocyst Complex Component 3 - EXOC3; Coatomer Protein Complex Subunit Epsilon - COPE)..
- Pan Q, Jin X, Zhu L, Hu Y, Zhang F, Cheng L, et al. [Genetic analysis of a mental retardation patient with a rare karyotype involving complex rearrangements of five chromosomes]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2017;34:534-537 pubmed publisher..3 which involved 15 RefSeq genes and a 0.5 Mb microdeletion at 5q21.1 which involved one RefSeq gene. The microdeletions, which involved TCF12, ADMA10 and AQP9 genes, probably underlie the mental retardation shown by the patient. ..
- Chetry M, Li S, Liu H, Hu X, Zhu X. Prognostic values of aquaporins mRNA expression in human ovarian cancer. Biosci Rep. 2018;38: pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that individual AQPs, except AQP2 and AQP9, are associated with unique prognostic significance and may thus act as new predictive prognostic indicators and potential drug therapeutic target in ovarian cancer. ..
- Sales A, Duarte A, Santos R, Alves K, Lima L, Rodrigues G, et al. Modulation of aquaporins 3 and 9 after exposure of ovine ovarian tissue to cryoprotectants followed by in vitro culture. Cell Tissue Res. 2016;365:415-24 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the changes in the expression profiles of mRNA and protein after culture are a strong indicator that in vitro conditions have to be strictly controlled to ensure follicle viability and functionality. ..
- Spégel P, Chawade A, Nielsen S, Kjellbom P, RÃ¼tzler M. Deletion of glycerol channel aquaporin-9 (Aqp9) impairs long-term blood glucose control in C57BL/6 leptin receptor-deficient (db/db) obese mice. Physiol Rep. 2015;3: pubmed publisher..Metabolite profiling thus confirms a role of AQP9 in glycerol metabolism of obese C57BL/6 db/db mice. In this animal model of obesity Aqp9 gene deletion elevates plasma glucose and does not alleviate hepatosteatosis. ..
- Prieto Martínez N, Morató R, Muiño R, Hidalgo C, Rodríguez Gil J, Bonet S, et al. Aquaglyceroporins 3 and 7 in bull spermatozoa: identification, localisation and their relationship with sperm cryotolerance. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2017;29:1249-1259 pubmed publisherThe present study aimed to determine the localisation of aquaglyceroporins 3 (AQP3) and 7 (AQP7) in bull spermatozoa and their relationship with the sperm cell's resilience to withstand cryopreservation (i.e. cryotolerance)...
- Segura Anaya E, MartÃnez GÃ³mez A, Dent M. Localization of aquaporin 1 water channel in the Schmidt-Lanterman incisures and the paranodal regions of the rat sciatic nerve. Neuroscience. 2015;285:119-27 pubmed publisher..Also the expression of AQP1 in non-myelinating Schwann cells supports the involvement of AQP1 in pain perception. ..
- Chau D, Ng K, Chan T, Cheng Y, Fong B, Tam S, et al. Azacytidine sensitizes acute myeloid leukemia cells to arsenic trioxide by up-regulating the arsenic transporter aquaglyceroporin 9. J Hematol Oncol. 2015;8:46 pubmed publisher..Further clinical trial should evaluate the efficacy of azacytidine in combination with As2O3 in the treatment of AML. ..
- Akashi A, Miki A, Kanamori A, Nakamura M. Aquaporin 9 expression is required for l-lactate to maintain retinal neuronal survival. Neurosci Lett. 2015;589:185-90 pubmed publisher..44%Â±6.13% in the 10-mM l-lactate medium, whereas, it did not increase the rate in the other medium conditions. These results demonstrate that AQP9 expression is required for l-lactate to maintain retinal neuronal survival. ..
- Wei X, Ren X, Jiang R, Li H, Gao F, Chen Y, et al. Phosphorylation of p38 MAPK mediates aquaporin 9 expression in rat brains during permanent focal cerebral ischaemia. J Mol Histol. 2015;46:273-81 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that dynamic changes in AQP9 expression, mediated in part via the p38 MAPK signal transduction pathway, may contribute to the development of cerebral oedema after brain ischaemia. ..
- Sales A, Duarte A, Rodrigues G, Lima L, Silva G, Carvalho A, et al. Steady-state level of messenger RNA and immunolocalization of aquaporins 3, 7, and 9 during in vitro growth of ovine preantral follicles. Theriogenology. 2015;84:1-10 pubmed publisher..reaction and immunohistochemistry respectively, the levels of messenger RNA and the immunolocalization of AQP3, AQP7, and AQP9 in large isolated ovine secondary follicles over a period of IVC...
- Méndez Giménez L, Rodríguez A, Balaguer I, Fruhbeck G. Role of aquaglyceroporins and caveolins in energy and metabolic homeostasis. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2014;397:78-92 pubmed publisher..Aquaglyceroporins (AQP3, AQP7, AQP9 and AQP10) encompass a subfamily of aquaporins that allow the movement of water, but also of small solutes, ..
- Moniaga C, Watanabe S, Honda T, Nielsen S, Hara Chikuma M. Aquaporin-9-expressing neutrophils are required for the establishment of contact hypersensitivity. Sci Rep. 2015;5:15319 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that AQP9 is required for the development of sensitization during cutaneous acquired immune responses via regulating neutrophil function. ..
- Luo H, Xie A, Hua Y, Wang J, Liu Y, Zhu X. Aquaporin 1 gene deletion affects the amniotic fluid volume and composition as well as the expression of other aquaporin water channels in placenta and fetal membranes. Clin Chim Acta. 2018;482:161-165 pubmed publisher..AQP1 may play an important role in the homeostasis of maternal-fetal fluid at late gestation days. The mechanism of mutual compensation among AQPs gene needs further investigation. ..
- Bednar A, Beardall M, Brace R, Cheung C. Differential expression and regional distribution of aquaporins in amnion of normal and gestational diabetic pregnancies. Physiol Rep. 2015;3: pubmed publisher..These findings suggest differences in contribution of individual AQPs to water transport in the two regions of the amnion. Furthermore, AQP expression in the amnion is not altered in patients with GDM. ..
- Lu Y, Chen Q, Guan Y, Guo Z, Zhang H, Zhang W, et al. Study of ZHENG differentiation in hepatitis B-caused cirrhosis: a transcriptional profiling analysis. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014;14:371 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, three differential co-expression genes including purine nucleoside phosphorylase (PNP); aquaporin 7 (AQP7) and proteasome 26S subunit, non-ATPase 2 (PSMD2) were screened by GeneRelNets, and their mRNA ..
- Tardelli M, Moreno Viedma V, Zeyda M, Itariu B, Langer F, Prager G, et al. Adiponectin regulates aquaglyceroporin expression in hepatic stellate cells altering their functional state. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017;32:253-260 pubmed publisher..We found that serum adiponectin significantly correlated with liver AQP3, AQP7, AQP9 gene expressions...
- Zhang W, Li C, Liu M, Chen X, Shuai K, Kong X, et al. Aquaporin 9 is down-regulated in hepatocellular carcinoma and its over-expression suppresses hepatoma cell invasion through inhibiting epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition. Cancer Lett. 2016;378:111-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that AQP9 is down-regulated in hepatocellular carcinoma and its over-expression suppresses hepatoma cell invasion through inhibiting epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition. ..
- Prieto Martínez N, Vilagran I, Morato R, Rivera Del Alamo M, Rodriguez Gil J, Bonet S, et al. Relationship of aquaporins 3 (AQP3), 7 (AQP7), and 11 (AQP11) with boar sperm resilience to withstand freeze-thawing procedures. Andrology. 2017;5:1153-1164 pubmed publisher..In this context, the hypothesis of this study was that aquaporins AQP3, AQP7, and AQP11 could be linked to boar sperm cryotolerance...
- Jesus T, Bernardino R, Martins A, SÃ¡ R, Sousa M, Alves M, et al. Aquaporin-9 is expressed in rat Sertoli cells and interacts with the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator. IUBMB Life. 2014;66:639-44 pubmed publisher..These mechanisms may open new insights on therapeutic targets to counteract subfertility/infertility in men with cystic fibrosis and mutations in the CFTR gene. ..
- Suzuki H, Oku H, Horie T, Morishita S, Tonari M, Oku K, et al. Changes in expression of aquaporin-4 and aquaporin-9 in optic nerve after crushing in rats. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e114694 pubmed publisher..The presence of AQP9-positive astrocytes at the crushed site may counteract the metabolic damage but this change did not fully compensate for the barrier function defect. ..
- Winterbottom E, Koestler D, Fei D, Wika E, Capobianco A, Marsit C, et al. The aquaglyceroporin AQP9 contributes to the sex-specific effects of in utero arsenic exposure on placental gene expression. Environ Health. 2017;16:59 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study suggests that AQP9 may play a role in the sex-specific effects of in utero arsenic exposure. ..
- Fei D, Koestler D, Li Z, Giambelli C, Sánchez Mejías A, Gosse J, et al. Association between In Utero arsenic exposure, placental gene expression, and infant birth weight: a US birth cohort study. Environ Health. 2013;12:58 pubmed publisher..Further, we identified a positive association between the placental expression of phospholipase ENPP2 and infant birth weight. These findings suggest a path by which arsenic may affect birth outcomes. ..
- Murata K, Mitsuoka K, Hirai T, Walz T, Agre P, Heymann J, et al. Structural determinants of water permeation through aquaporin-1. Nature. 2000;407:599-605 pubmed..The atomic model provides a possible molecular explanation to a longstanding puzzle in physiology-how membranes can be freely permeable to water but impermeable to protons. ..
- Prieto MartÃnez N, Vilagran I, MoratÃ³ R, RodrÃguez Gil J, Yeste M, Bonet S. Aquaporins 7 and 11 in boar spermatozoa: detection, localisation and relationship with sperm quality. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2016;28:663-72 pubmed publisher..Two aquaporins, AQP7 and AQP11, in boar spermatozoa were identified by western blotting and localised through immunocytochemistry ..
- Watanabe S, Moniaga C, Nielsen S, Hara Chikuma M. Aquaporin-9 facilitates membrane transport of hydrogen peroxide in mammalian cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;471:191-7 pubmed publisher..Coincidentally, H2O2-induced cytotoxicity was attenuated by AQP9 deficiency in human and mice cells. Our findings implicate the involvement of AQP9 in H2O2 transport in human and mice cells. ..
- Peng R, Zhao G, Li J, Zhang Y, Shen X, Wang J, et al. Auphen and dibutyryl cAMP suppress growth of hepatocellular carcinoma by regulating expression of aquaporins 3 and 9 in vivo. World J Gastroenterol. 2016;22:3341-54 pubmed publisher..AQP3 increases in HCC while AQP9 decreases. Regulation of AQP3 and AQP9 expression by Auphen and dbcAMP inhibits the development and growth of HCC. ..
- Cheung C, Anderson D, Brace R. Aquaporins in ovine amnion: responses to altered amniotic fluid volumes and intramembranous absorption rates. Physiol Rep. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..Our study supports the hypothesis that AQP1 may play a positive role in regulating the rate of fluid transfer across the amnion, thereby participating in the dynamic regulation of AFV. ..
- Engevik A, Kaji I, Engevik M, Meyer A, Weis V, Goldstein A, et al. Loss of MYO5B Leads to Reductions in Na+ Absorption With Maintenance of CFTR-Dependent Cl- Secretion in Enterocytes. Gastroenterology. 2018;155:1883-1897.e10 pubmed publisher..Intestinal biopsies from patients with MVID had subapical localization of NHE3, SGLT1, and AQP7, but maintained apical CFTR...
- Stahl K, Rahmani S, Prydz A, Skauli N, MacAulay N, Mylonakou M, et al. Targeted deletion of the aquaglyceroporin AQP9 is protective in a mouse model of Parkinson's disease. PLoS ONE. 2018;13:e0194896 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge this is the first evidence implicating a toxin permeable membrane channel in the pathophysiology of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Yang W, Zhou L, Zhang R, Yue Z, Dong H, Song C, et al. Effects of propofol and sevoflurane on aquaporin-4 and aquaporin-9 expression in patients performed gliomas resection. Brain Res. 2015;1622:1-6 pubmed publisher..0Â±0.13 versus 2.1Â±0.13, P>0.05, n=6). AQP4 expression was lower in patients of propofol group than that in sevoflurane group. Our results suggested that propofol could inhibit the expression of AQP4. ..
- Wang B, Cui Z, Zhong Z, Sun Y, Sun Q, Yang G, et al. Curcumin attenuates brain edema in mice with intracerebral hemorrhage through inhibition of AQP4 and AQP9 expression. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2015;36:939-48 pubmed publisher..Curcumin effectively attenuates brain edema in mice with ICH through inhibition of the NF-ÎºB pathway and subsequently the expression of AQP4 and AQP9. Curcumin may serve as a potential therapeutic agent for ICH. ..
- Iena F, Lebeck J. Implications of Aquaglyceroporin 7 in Energy Metabolism. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisherThe aquaglyceroporin AQP7 is a pore-forming transmembrane protein that facilitates the transport of glycerol across cell membranes. Glycerol is utilized both in carbohydrate and lipid metabolism...
- Chiadak J, Arsenijevic T, Gregoire F, Bolaky N, Delforge V, Perret J, et al. Involvement of JNK/NF?B Signaling Pathways in the Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Modulation of Aquaglyceroporin Expression in 3T3-L1 Cells Differentiated into Adipocytes. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed..AQP1, AQP2, AQP3, AQP9 and AQP11 mRNA were expressed in both UDC and DC, whereas AQP4, AQP7 and AQP8 mRNA were expressed only in DC. In DC, LPS up-regulated AQP3 mRNA levels (p < 0...
- Cui G, Staron M, Gray S, Ho P, Amezquita R, Wu J, et al. IL-7-Induced Glycerol Transport and TAG Synthesis Promotes Memory CD8+ T Cell Longevity. Cell. 2015;161:750-61 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers the metabolic mechanisms by which IL-7 tailors the metabolism of memory T cells to promote their longevity and fast response to rechallenge. ..
- Skowronski M, Skowronska A, Rojek A, Oklinski M, Nielsen S. Prolonged Starvation Causes Up-Regulation of AQP1 in Adipose Tissue Capillaries of AQP7 Knock-Out Mice. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..In our previous study, we found the co-expression of the AQP1 water channel and AQP7 in the mouse WAT...
- Zhu C, Chen Z, Jiang Z. Expression, Distribution and Role of Aquaporin Water Channels in Human and Animal Stomach and Intestines. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..b>AQP7, AQP8, AQP10 and AQP11 are distributed in the apical of enterocytes in the small and large intestines...
- Mehanna E, Barakat B, ElSayed M, Tawfik M. An optimized dose of raspberry ketones controls hyperlipidemia and insulin resistance in male obese rats: effect on adipose tissue expression of adipocytokines and Aquaporin 7. Eur J Pharmacol. 2018;: pubmed publisher..of adipocyte metabolism, the present study evaluated the effect of RKs on adipose tissue expression of aquaporin-7(AQP7) in high-fat (HF) diet-fed rats...
- Jennische E, Eriksson C, Lange S, Trybala E, BergstrÃ¶m T. The anterior commissure is a pathway for contralateral spread of herpes simplex virus type 1 after olfactory tract infection. J Neurovirol. 2015;21:129-47 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the olfactory route and the AC are important for the spread of HSV-1 within the olfactory/limbic system of rats and furthermore, we suggest that AQP9 is involved in viral tropism and pathogenesis of HSE. ..
- Lebeck J, Cheema M, Skowronski M, Nielsen S, Praetorius J. Hepatic AQP9 expression in male rats is reduced in response to PPARÎ± agonist treatment. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2015;308:G198-205 pubmed publisher..Together with the effect on the enzymatic apparatus for glycerol metabolism, our results suggest that PPARÎ± activation in the fed state directs glycerol into glycerolipid synthesis rather than into de novo synthesis of glucose. ..
- Thapa S, Chetry M, Huang K, Peng Y, Wang J, Wang J, et al. Significance of aquaporins' expression in the prognosis of gastric cancer. Biosci Rep. 2018;38: pubmed publisher..Thus, our results indicated that AQP's protein and mRNA expression in gastric cancer patients provide effective role to predict prognosis and act as an essential agent to therapeutic strategy. ..
- Ikarashi N, Kon R, Kaneko M, Mizukami N, Kusunoki Y, Sugiyama K. Relationship between Aging-Related Skin Dryness and Aquaporins. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..The expression of AQP1, AQP3, AQP4, AQP7, and AQP9 was observed in the skin...
- Skowronska A, Mlotkowska P, Eliszewski M, Nielsen S, Skowronski M. Expression of aquaporin 1, 5 and 9 in the ovarian follicles of cycling and early pregnant pigs. Physiol Res. 2015;64:237-45 pubmed..In conclusion, studied AQP are localized in different cells populations, the endothelial and granulosa cells, and AQP1 and 5 seem to be crucial for follicular development in pigs. ..
- Lindskog C, Asplund A, Catrina A, Nielsen S, Rutzler M. A Systematic Characterization of Aquaporin-9 Expression in Human Normal and Pathological Tissues. J Histochem Cytochem. 2016;64:287-300 pubmed publisher..AQP9 mRNA and protein expression was absent in HepG2 hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Overall, AQP9 expression in human tissues appears to be more selective than in mice. ..
- Miyoshi T, Yamaguchi T, Ogita K, Tanaka Y, Ishibashi K, Ito H, et al. Quantitative Analysis of Aquaporin Expression Levels during the Development and Maturation of the Inner Ear. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. 2017;18:247-261 pubmed publisher..Combining these quantification and localization data, we discuss the possible contributions of these AQPs to inner ear function. ..
- Laforenza U, Pellavio G, Marchetti A, Omes C, Todaro F, Gastaldi G. Aquaporin-Mediated Water and Hydrogen Peroxide Transport Is Involved in Normal Human Spermatozoa Functioning. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;18: pubmed publisher..AQP3, -7, -8, and -11 proteins were found in human sperm cells and localized in the head (AQP7), in the middle piece (AQP8) and in the tail (AQP3 and -11) in both the plasma membrane and in intracellular ..
- Gregoire F, Lucidi V, Zerrad Saadi A, Virreira M, Bolaky N, Delforge V, et al. Analysis of aquaporin expression in liver with a focus on hepatocytes. Histochem Cell Biol. 2015;144:347-63 pubmed publisher..AQP1, AQP3, AQP7, AQP8, and AQP9 mRNA and protein expressions were detected in human liver, while only AQP6 and AQP11 mRNAs were ..
- Palabıyık O, Karaca A, Tastekin E, Yamasan B, Tokuc B, Sipahi T, et al. The Effect of a High-Protein Diet and Exercise on Cardiac AQP7 and GLUT4 Gene Expression. Biochem Genet. 2016;54:731-45 pubmed publisher..However, its effects on heart have not been known yet. Aquaporin-7 (AQP7) is an aquaglyceroporin that facilitates glycerol and water transport...
- Fan Z, Yuan Y, Wang F, Qi Y, Han H, Wu J, et al. Diabetes mitigates the recovery following intracranial hemorrhage in rats. Behav Brain Res. 2017;320:412-419 pubmed publisher..This may suggest that AQP9 is one of the underlying mechanisms that can mitigate the recovery from ICH in diabetic populations. ..
- Lebeck J, Gena P, O Neill H, Skowronski M, Lund S, Calamita G, et al. Estrogen prevents increased hepatic aquaporin-9 expression and glycerol uptake during starvation. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2012;302:G365-74 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the sexual dimorphism in the hepatic handling of glycerol during starvation might be explained by 17?-estradiol preventing the starvation-induced increase in hepatic AQP9 abundance. ..
- Lebeck J. Metabolic impact of the glycerol channels AQP7 and AQP9 in adipose tissue and liver. J Mol Endocrinol. 2014;52:R165-78 pubmed publisher..b>Aquaporin 7 (AQP7) in adipose tissue and AQP9 in the liver are transmembrane proteins that belong to the subset of AQPs ..
- Tan X, Huang H, He F, Zhu L, Jiang Y, Li H, et al. [Mutation screening for the causative gene in a four-generation Chinese pedigree with progressive cardiac conduction defect]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2016;44:411-5 pubmed publisher..Eight new non-synonymous single nucleotide variants including AQP7 gene (exon5: c.T343C: p.Y115H), CACNA1B gene (NM_001243812: exon19: c.A2986G: p.T996A), CATSPERB gene (exon27: c...
- Xu M, Xiao M, Li S, Yang B. Aquaporins in Nervous System. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;969:81-103 pubmed publisher..of aquaporin subfamily: AQP1, AQP4, AQP5, AQP6, and AQP8; three members of aquaglyceroporin subfamily: AQP3, AQP7, and AQP9; and one member of superaquaporin subfamily: AQP11...
- Huang D, Feng X, Liu Y, Deng Y, Chen H, Chen D, et al. AQP9-induced cell cycle arrest is associated with RAS activation and improves chemotherapy treatment efficacy in colorectal cancer. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2894 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that AQP9 might be a novel predictor for the benefit of 5-FU-based chemotherapy in CRC. The identification of AQP9-induced tumor sensitivity to 5-FU highlights the role of AQP9 in regulating chemosensitivity in CRC. ..
- Wu H, Tang C, Tai L, Yao W, Guo P, Hong J, et al. Flurbiprofen axetil attenuates cerebral ischemia/reperfusion injury by reducing inflammation in a rat model of transient global cerebral ischemia/reperfusion. Biosci Rep. 2018;38: pubmed publisher..All these changes were reversed by pretreatment with flurbiprofen axetil. Flurbiprofen axetil protects the brain from cerebral I/R injury through reducing inflammation and brain edema. ..
- Li C, Zhang W, Liu M, Qiu L, Chen X, Lv L, et al. Aquaporin 9 inhibits hepatocellular carcinoma through up-regulating FOXO1 expression. Oncotarget. 2016;7:44161-44170 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that AQP9 expression is down-regulated in liver cancer compared to the normal liver tissue and restoration of AQP9 expression can inhibit development of liver cancer. ..
- Boj M, ChauvignÃ© F, CerdÃ J. Coordinated Action of Aquaporins Regulates Sperm Motility in a Marine Teleost. Biol Reprod. 2015;93:40 pubmed publisher..we used immunological inhibition of channel function to investigate the physiological roles of Aqp1aa, Aqp1ab, and Aqp7 during seabream sperm activation...
- Lee H, Jee B, Kim S, Kim H, Lee J, Suh C, et al. Expressions of aquaporin family in human luteinized granulosa cells and their correlations with IVF outcomes. Hum Reprod. 2016;31:822-31 pubmed publisher..luteinized GCs; the level of AQP1 mRNA was negatively associated with retrieved oocyte number and the level of AQP7 mRNA was positively associated with fertilization rate. mRNAs of AQP1-4 and AQP9 have been detected in human GCs...
- Tie L, Wang D, Shi Y, Li X. Aquaporins in Cardiovascular System. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;969:105-113 pubmed publisherRecent studies have shown that some aquaporins (AQPs ), including AQP1, AQP4, AQP7 and AQP9, are expressed in endothelial cells, vascular smooth muscle cells and heart of cardiovascular system...
- Kondo H, Shimomura I, Kishida K, Kuriyama H, Makino Y, Nishizawa H, et al. Human aquaporin adipose (AQPap) gene. Genomic structure, promoter analysis and functional mutation. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:1814-26 pubmedb>Aquaporin adipose (AQPap), which we identified from human adipose tissue, is a glycerol channel in adipocyte [Kishida et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 20896-20902]...
- Perelman S, Abrams M, Eitson J, Chen D, Jimenez A, Mettlen M, et al. Cell-Based Screen Identifies Human Interferon-Stimulated Regulators of Listeria monocytogenes Infection. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1006102 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies provide an experimental and conceptual basis for deciphering the role of IFN in bacterial defense and virulence at single-gene resolution. ..
- Alejandra R, Natalia S, Alicia E D. The blocking of aquaporin-3 (AQP3) impairs extravillous trophoblast cell migration. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;499:227-232 pubmed publisher..Our work provides evidence that AQP3 is required for EVT cell migration and suggests that an altered expression of placental AQP3 may produce failures in placentation such as in preeclampsia. ..
- Preston G, Carroll T, Guggino W, Agre P. Appearance of water channels in Xenopus oocytes expressing red cell CHIP28 protein. Science. 1992;256:385-7 pubmed..Therefore it is likely that CHIP28 is a functional unit of membrane water channels. ..
- Liu K, Nagase H, Huang C, Calamita G, Agre P. Purification and functional characterization of aquaporin-8. Biol Cell. 2006;98:153-61 pubmed..Moreover, hAQP8 is permeable to ammonium analogues (formamide and methylammonium). Our results suggest that AQP8 may transport ammonium in vivo and physiologically contribute to the acid-base equilibrium. ..