Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: APEX1
Description: apurinic/apyrimidinic endodeoxyribonuclease 1
Alias: APE, APE1, APEN, APEX, APX, HAP1, REF1, DNA-(apurinic or apyrimidinic site) lyase, AP endonuclease class I, AP lyase, APEX nuclease (multifunctional DNA repair enzyme) 1, apurinic-apyrimidinic endonuclease 1, apurinic/apyrimidinic (abasic) endonuclease, deoxyribonuclease (apurinic or apyrimidinic), protein REF-1, redox factor-1
Publications367 found, 100 shown here
- Genetic polymorphisms in the base excision repair pathway and cancer risk: a HuGE reviewRayjean J Hung
Genetic Epidemiology Group, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Am J Epidemiol 162:925-42. 2005..risk, focusing on three key genes: 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase (OGG1), apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (APE1/APEX1), and x-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1)...
- Human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1Mengxia Li
Intramural Research Program, Laboratory of Molecular Gerontology, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland
Antioxid Redox Signal 20:678-707. 2014Human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 (APE1, also known as REF-1) was isolated based on its ability to cleave at AP sites in DNA or activate the DNA binding activity of certain transcription factors...
- DNA-bound structures and mutants reveal abasic DNA binding by APE1 and DNA repair coordination [corrected]C D Mol
Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, and the Department of Molecular Biology, La Jolla, California 92037 1027, USA
Nature 403:451-6. 2000..The biologically critical human base excision repair enzyme APE1 cleaves the DNA sugar-phosphate backbone at a position 5' of AP sites to prime DNA repair synthesis...
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes and risk of non-small cell lung cancerShanbeh Zienolddiny
Department of Toxicology, National Institute of Occupational Health, Oslo, Norway
Carcinogenesis 27:560-7. 2006..excision repair (NER) genes XPA, ERCC1, ERCC2/XPD, ERCC4/XPF and ERCC5/XPG; base excision repair (BER) genes APE1/APEX, OGG1, MPG, XRCC1, PCNA, POLB, POLiota, LIG3 and EXO1; double-strand break repair (DSB-R) genes XRCC2, XRCC3, XRCC9,..
- APE1/Ref-1 interacts with NPM1 within nucleoli and plays a role in the rRNA quality control processCarlo Vascotto
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies, University of Udine, P le Kolbe 4, 33100 Udine, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 29:1834-54. 2009b>APE1/Ref-1 (hereafter, APE1), a DNA repair enzyme and a transcriptional coactivator, is a vital protein in mammals...
- Characterization of abasic endonuclease activity of human Ape1 on alternative substrates, as well as effects of ATP and sequence context on AP site incisionBrian R Berquist
Unit of Structure and Function in Base Excision Repair, Laboratory of Molecular Gerontology, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, 5600 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Mol Biol 379:17-27. 2008Human Ape1 is a multifunctional protein with a major role in initiating repair of apurinic/apyrimidinic (AP) sites in DNA by catalyzing hydrolytic incision of the phosphodiester backbone immediately adjacent to the damage...
- Polymorphisms in genes of APE1, PARP1, and XRCC1: risk and prognosis of colorectal cancer in a northeast Chinese populationYe Li
Department of Epidemiology, Public Health College, Harbin Medical University, 157 Baojian Street, Nangang District, Harbin, People s Republic of China
Med Oncol 30:505. 2013..Four single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in genes of apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease-1 (APE1), ADP-ribosyltransferase (ADPRT, also known as PARP1), and X-ray repair cross-complementing groups 1 (XRCC1) were ..
- Human apurinic endonuclease 1 (APE1) expression and prognostic significance in osteosarcoma: enhanced sensitivity of osteosarcoma to DNA damaging agents using silencing RNA APE1 expression inhibitionDong Wang
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, 1044 W Walnut, R4 302C, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 3:679-86. 2004..tumor cells to currently used chemotherapeutic treatments, we examined the role of human apurinic endonuclease 1 (APE1) in osteosarcoma tumor cell resistance and prognosis...
- Polygenic model of DNA repair genetic polymorphisms in human breast cancer riskTasha R Smith
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1120 NW 14th Street, CRB Building 1511, Miami, FL, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:2132-8. 2008..single-nucleotide polymorphisms (nsSNPs) in four DNA repair pathways-(i) base excision repair: ADPRT V762A, APE1 D148E, XRCC1 R194W/R280H/R399Q and POLD1 R119H; (ii) nucleotide excision repair: ERCC2 D312N/K751Q, ERCC4 R415Q, ..
- Association between single-nucleotide polymorphisms of selected genes involved in the response to DNA damage and risk of colon, head and neck, and breast cancers in a Polish populationK Jelonek
Department of Experimental and Clinical Radiobiology, Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, Gliwice Branch, Poland
J Appl Genet 51:343-52. 2010..Here we analysed polymorphisms in 5 genes involved in DNA repair (XPD Asp312Asn and Lys751Gln, XRCC1 Arg399Gln, APE1 Asp148Glu, NBS1 Glu185Gln, and XPA G-4A) and in a gene involved in regulation of the cell-cycle (CCND1 A870G)...
- Human AP endonuclease (APE1) demonstrates endonucleolytic activity against AP sites in single-stranded DNADina R Marenstein
Department of Pathology and Kaplan Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 3:527-33. 2004Human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (APE1) is an enzyme of DNA base excision repair (BER) which catalyzes endonucleolytic cleavage immediately 5' to abasic (AP) sites...
- Genetic polymorphisms in base-excision repair pathway genes and risk of breast cancerYawei Zhang
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:353-8. 2006..We evaluated whether genetic variation in six BER pathway genes (XRCC1, ADPRT, APEX1, OGG1, LIG3, and MUTYH) is associated with breast cancer risk in two large population-based case-control studies ..
- Association of APE1 and hOGG1 polymorphisms with colorectal cancer risk in a Turkish populationEmel Canbay
Basaksehir State Hospital, Department of General Surgery, Basaksehir, Istanbul, Turkey
Curr Med Res Opin 27:1295-302. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate the associations between the APE1 Asp148Glu, hOGG1 Ser326Cys, XRCC1 Arg399Gln, XRCC3 Thr241Met, XPD Lys751Gln, XPG Asp1104His polymorphisms and CRC ..
- Silencing of APE1 enhances sensitivity of human hepatocellular carcinoma cells to radiotherapy in vitro and in a xenograft modelYanping Cun
Cancer Center, Daping Hospital and Research Institute of Surgery, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 8:e55313. 2013..problem, we investigated the correlation between radioresistance and the human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (APE1), a bifunctional protein, which plays an important role in DNA repair and redox regulation activity of ..
- Tumor suppressor NM23-H1 is a granzyme A-activated DNase during CTL-mediated apoptosis, and the nucleosome assembly protein SET is its inhibitorZusen Fan
Center for Blood Research and Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 112:659-72. 2003..GzmA-activated DNase (GAAD) is in an ER associated complex containing pp32 and the GzmA substrates SET, HMG-2, and Ape1. We show that GAAD is NM23-H1, a nucleoside diphosphate kinase implicated in suppression of tumor metastasis, and ..
- Role of the multifunctional DNA repair and redox signaling protein Ape1/Ref-1 in cancer and endothelial cells: small-molecule inhibition of the redox function of Ape1Meihua Luo
Department of Pediatrics Section of Hematology Oncology, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 10:1853-67. 2008..Removal of the damaged base creates a baseless (AP) site. AP endonuclease1 (Ape1) acts on this site to continue the BER-pathway repair...
- Critical lysine residues within the overlooked N-terminal domain of human APE1 regulate its biological functionsDamiano Fantini
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies, University of Udine, 33100 Udine, Italy
Nucleic Acids Res 38:8239-56. 2010Apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 (APE1), an essential protein in mammals, is involved in base excision DNA repair (BER) and in regulation of gene expression, acting as a redox co-activator of several transcription factors...
- Reduced expression of DNA repair and redox signaling protein APE1/Ref-1 impairs human pancreatic cancer cell survival, proliferation, and cell cycle progressionYanlin Jiang
Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Walnut, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Cancer Invest 28:885-95. 2010..Understanding the chemoresistance intrinsic to this cancer will aid in developing new regimens. High expression of APE1/Ref-1, a DNA repair and redox signaling protein, is associated with resistance, poor outcome, and angiogenesis; ..
- Apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 is the essential nuclease during immunoglobulin class switch recombinationShahnaz Masani
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA
Mol Cell Biol 33:1468-73. 2013..Although it is presumed that the apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 (APE1) generates DNA strand incisions (a prerequisite for CSR) at these abasic sites, a direct test of the requirement ..
- Association and interactions between DNA repair gene polymorphisms and adult gliomaYanhong Liu
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:204-14. 2009..the single-locus analysis, six single-nucleotide polymorphisms [ERCC1 3' untranslated region (UTR), XRCC1 R399Q, APEX1 E148D, PARP1 A762V, MGMT F84L, and LIG1 5'UTR] showed a significant association with glioma risk...
- Apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease activity is elevated in human adult gliomasM S Bobola
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington, 1959 N E Pacific Street, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Clin Cancer Res 7:3510-8. 2001..The major Ap endo in human cells is Ape1, an abundant multi-functional protein also known as Ref-1, Hap-1, and Apex...
- Polymorphisms in genes of nucleotide and base excision repair: risk and prognosis of colorectal cancerVictor Moreno
Institut d Investigacio Biomedica de Bellvitge, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 12:2101-8. 2006..We have undertaken a comprehensive study of common polymorphisms in genes of DNA repair, exploring both the risk of developing colorectal cancer and the prognosis of patients...
- Association between polymorphisms in the DNA repair genes, XRCC1, APE1, and XPD and acute side effects of radiotherapy in breast cancer patientsJenny Chang-Claude
Division of Clinical Epidemiology and Toxicology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 11:4802-9. 2005..We evaluated the association of six polymorphisms in the DNA repair genes: XRCC1 (Arg194Trp, Arg280His, and Arg399Gln), APE1 (Asp148Glu), and XPD (Lys751Gln and Asp312Asn), with the risk of acute skin reactions following radiotherapy.
- DNA repair genetic polymorphisms and risk of colorectal cancer in the Czech RepublicB Pardini
Department of Molecular Biology of Cancer, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 14220 Prague 4, Czech Republic
Mutat Res 638:146-53. 2008..Data analysis showed that the variant allele homozygotes for the Asn148Glu polymorphism in the APE1 gene were at a statistically non-significant increased risk of colorectal cancer...
- Histology-specific expression of a DNA repair protein in pediatric rhabdomyosarcomasB Thomson
Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 23:234-9. 2001..The enzyme apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease/redox factor 1 (APE/ref1), a key protein in the base excision repair pathway, displays both repair and redox control...
- Ape1 abasic endonuclease activity is regulated by magnesium and potassium concentrations and is robust on alternative DNA structuresDavid M Wilson
Laboratory of Molecular Gerontology, GRC, National Institute on Aging, IRP, NIH, 5600 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224 6825, USA
J Mol Biol 345:1003-14. 2005Abasic lesions are common mutagenic or cytotoxic DNA damages. Ape1 is the major human apurinic/apyrimidinic (AP) endonuclease and initiates repair of abasic sites by catalyzing strand cleavage at the lesion...
- Association of DNA repair polymorphisms with DNA repair functional outcomes in healthy human subjectsPavel Vodicka
Institute of Experimental Medicine, Videnska 1083, 14200, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Carcinogenesis 28:657-64. 2007..of genotype combinations showed that the increasing number of variant alleles for both XRCC1 Arg399Gln and APE1 Asn148Glu polymorphisms resulted in a significant decrease of irradiation-specific repair rates (P=0...
- Subcellular localization of APE1/Ref-1 in human hepatocellular carcinoma: possible prognostic significanceVittorio Di Maso
Centro Studi Fegato, AREA Science Park and University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy
Mol Med 13:89-96. 2007b>APE1/Ref-1, normally localized in the nucleus, is a regulator of the cellular response to oxidative stress. Cytoplasmic localization has been observed in several tumors and correlates with a poor prognosis...
- DNA repair genes in Parkinson's diseaseMehmet Gencer
Department of Neurology, Haydarpasa Numune Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 16:504-7. 2012..of these findings, we investigated whether DNA repair gene polymorphisms (XRCC1 Arg399Gln, XRCC3 Thr241Met XPD Lys751Gln, XPG Asp1104His, APE1 Asp148Glu, and HOGG1 Ser326Cys) account for an increased risk of Parkinson's disease (PD).
- Human AP endonuclease/redox factor APE1/ref-1 modulates mitochondrial function after oxidative stress by regulating the transcriptional activity of NRF1Mengxia Li
Cancer Center and Department of Pathology, Research Institute of Surgery, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400042, People s Republic of China
Free Radic Biol Med 53:237-48. 2012..In this study, we show that the human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease/redox factor (APE1/Ref-1) is involved in mitochondrial function regulation by modulating the DNA-binding activity of NRF1...
- The APE1 Asp/Asp genotype and the combination of APE1 Asp/Asp and hOGG1-Cys variants are associated with increased p53 mutation in non-small cell lung cancerChun Hsuan Lin
Department of Biological Science and Technology, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan, ROC
J Epidemiol 22:537-42. 2012..polymorphism is associated with lung cancer risk, but there are limited data regarding an association between the APE1 Asp148Glu polymorphism and lung cancer...
- Association between the OGG1 Ser326Cys and APEX1 Asp148Glu polymorphisms and lung cancer risk: a meta-analysisWu Wei
Department of Hematology, Peace Hospital of Changzhi Medical College, Changzhi, 046000, China
Mol Biol Rep 39:11249-62. 2012..data on the association between the 8-oxo-guanine glycosylase-1 (OGG1) and apurinic/apyrimidinic-endonuclease-1 (APEX1/APE1) polymorphisms and lung cancer risk remained controversial...
- Lack of an association between two BER gene polymorphisms and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysisBian Wu
Cancer Center, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
PLoS ONE 7:e50857. 2012..ADPRT and APE1 are two important genes in the BER pathway...
- Role of the unstructured N-terminal domain of the hAPE1 (human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1) in the modulation of its interaction with nucleic acids and NPM1 (nucleophosmin)Mattia Poletto
Department of Medical and Biological Sciences, University of Udine, 33100 Udine, Italy
Biochem J 452:545-57. 2013..Although required, however, this region is not sufficient itself to stably interact with DNA or NPM1...
- Apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 induced upregulation of fibroblast growth factor 2 and its receptor 3 induces angiogenesis in human osteosarcoma cellsTao Ren
Cancer Center, Research Institute of Surgery, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Cancer Sci 105:186-94. 2014Tumor angiogenesis contributes to inferior prognosis in osteosarcoma. Apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 (APE1) and fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and its receptor 3 (FGFR3) signaling pathway plays an important role in the angiogenic ..
- Alteration of APE1/ref-1 expression in non-small cell lung cancer: the implications of impaired extracellular superoxide dismutase and catalase antioxidant systemsDae Goon Yoo
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Chungnum National University, Jung Gu, Daejeon 301 131, Republic of Korea
Lung Cancer 60:277-84. 2008Apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease1/ref-1(APE1/ref-1) is a key enzyme in the base excision repair and in transcriptional modulation against oxidative stress...
- Base excision repair genes and risk of lung cancer among San Francisco Bay Area Latinos and African-AmericansJeffrey S Chang
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Division of Neuroepidemiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 1215, USA
Carcinogenesis 30:78-87. 2009..examines the association between 24 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) belonging to five BER genes (XRCC1, APEX1, PARP1, MUTYH and OGG1) and lung cancer among Latinos (113 cases and 299 controls) and African-Americans (255 ..
- Identification of a residue critical for the excision of 3'-blocking ends in apurinic/apyrimidinic endonucleases of the Xth familyVictor M Castillo-Acosta
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina Lopez Neyra, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Armilla Granada, Spain
Nucleic Acids Res 37:1829-42. 2009..In human cells, APE1 excises sugar fragments that block the 3'-ends thus facilitating DNA repair synthesis...
- Experimental study enhancing the chemosensitivity of multiple myeloma to melphalan by using a tissue-specific APE1-silencing RNA expression vectorZhen Zhou Yang
Department of Hematology, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, PR China
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 7:296-304. 2007..to overcome MM tumor cell resistance and/or sensitize tumor cells to chemotherapeutic treatments currently used, we examined the role of human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 (APE1) in resistance and prognosis in patients with MM.
- Human AP endonuclease 1 stimulates multiple-turnover base excision by alkyladenine DNA glycosylaseMichael R Baldwin
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0606, USA
Biochemistry 48:6022-33. 2009..AP endonuclease 1 (APE1) is the predominant enzyme for processing abasic DNA sites in human cells...
- APE1 Asp148Glu gene polymorphism and lung cancer risk: a meta-analysisYa Nan Ji
Jiangsu Province Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 155 Hanzhong Road, 210029 Nanjing, China
Mol Biol Rep 38:4537-43. 2011Many studies have examined the association between the APE1 T1349G (Asp148Glu) gene polymorphisms and lung cancer risk in various populations, but their results have been inconsistent...
- Apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (APE1) gene polymorphisms and lung cancer risk in relation to tobacco smokingBedia Agachan
Department of Molecular Medicine, Institute for Experimental Medicine DETAE, Faculty of Pharmacy, Istanbul University, CAPA 34390 Istanbul, Turkey
Anticancer Res 29:2417-20. 2009..Based on this hypothesis, the relationship between APE1 polymorphism, smoking and the risk of lung cancer was explored.
- Association of polymorphisms in base excision repair genes with the risk of breast cancer: a case-control study in North Indian womenAmit Kumar Mitra
Genotoxicity Laboratory, Toxicology Division, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Oncol Res 17:127-35. 2008..rs1130409/t1865g (apex1), rs1799782/t22142c (xrcc1), rs25487/g23990a (xrcc1), rs4989588/t3337a (fen1), rs4989586/ g3259a (fen1), rs4989587/..
- Association between polymorphisms in the DNA repair genes XRCC1 and APE1, and the risk of prostate cancer in white and black AmericansLan Chen
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida, USA
J Urol 175:108-12; discussion 112. 2006XRCC1 and APE1 are enzymes involved in the repair of DNA strand breaks and base damage that arise from various endogenous and exogenous oxidants. We determined whether polymorphisms in XRCC1 and APE1 increase the risk of prostate cancer.
- Association between polymorphisms in DNA base excision repair genes XRCC1, APE1, and ADPRT and differentiated thyroid carcinomaFeng Yu Chiang
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
Clin Cancer Res 14:5919-24. 2008DNA BER pathway is related with carcinogenesis. We hypothesized that functional polymorphisms of three BER genes, XRCC1, apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (APE1), and ADPRT, confer risks for DTC and its progression.
- Coordinating the initial steps of base excision repair. Apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 actively stimulates thymine DNA glycosylase by disrupting the product complexMegan E Fitzgerald
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Cancer Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 283:32680-90. 2008..The follow-on base excision repair enzyme, AP endonuclease 1 (APE1), stimulates the turnover of TDG and other glycosylases, involving a mechanism that remains largely unknown...
- APE1 overexpression is associated with cisplatin resistance in non-small cell lung cancer and targeted inhibition of APE1 enhances the activity of cisplatin in A549 cellsDong Wang
Cancer Center, Daping Hospital and Research Institute of Surgery, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400042, China
Lung Cancer 66:298-304. 2009Apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (APE1), a bifunctional AP endonuclease/redox factor, is important in DNA repair and redox signaling, may be associated with chemoresistance...
- Redox regulation of DNA repair: implications for human health and cancer therapeutic developmentMeihua Luo
Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University, Indiana, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 12:1247-69. 2010..in the redox regulation of DNA repair is the base excision repair enzyme apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 (APE1) in its role as a redox factor...
- Human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (APE1) is a prognostic factor in ovarian, gastro-oesophageal and pancreatico-biliary cancersA Al-Attar
Department of Clinical Oncology, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, UK
Br J Cancer 102:704-9. 2010..We investigated whether expression of human AP endonuclease (APE1), a key multifunctional protein involved in DNA BER, would impact on clinicopathological outcomes in ovarian, ..
- Radiation resistance in glioma cells determined by DNA damage repair activity of Ape1/Ref-1Mamta D Naidu
Biology Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY, USA
J Radiat Res 51:393-404. 2010..Human apurinic endonuclease 1 (Ape1, Ref-1, APEX, HAP1, AP endo) is a multifunctional protein involved in base excision repair of DNA and a redox-dependent ..
- APE1 is the major 3'-phosphoglycolate activity in human cell extractsJason L Parsons
MRC Radiation and Genome Stability Unit, Harwell, Oxfordshire OX11 0RD, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 32:3531-6. 2004..the major 3'-PG activity in human WCE is Mg2+ dependent and that this activity co-purifies with AP endonuclease 1 (APE1) over phosphocellulose and gel filtration chromatography...
- A redox factor protein, ref1, is involved in negative gene regulation by extracellular calciumT Okazaki
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Japan
J Biol Chem 269:27855-62. 1994..Our Southwestern cloning revealed that a redox factor protein (ref1), which was known to activate several transcription factors via alterations of their redox state, belonged to an ..
- Potent inhibition of human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 by arylstibonic acidsLauren A Seiple
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore MD 21205 2185, USA
Mol Pharmacol 73:669-77. 2008Human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (Ape1) plays an important role by processing the >10,000 highly toxic abasic sites generated in the genome of each cell every day...
- Regulation of the human AP-endonuclease (APE1/Ref-1) expression by the tumor suppressor p53 in response to DNA damageAmira Zaky
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Sealy Center for Molecular Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, TX 77555, Galveston, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 36:1555-66. 2008The human AP-endonuclease (APE1/Ref-1), an essential multifunctional protein, plays a central role in the repair of oxidative base damage via the DNA base excision repair (BER) pathway...
- The apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease activity of Ape1/Ref-1 contributes to human glioma cell resistance to alkylating agents and is elevated by oxidative stressJohn R Silber
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:3008-18. 2002Alkylating agents are standard components of adjuvant chemotherapy for gliomas. We provide evidence here that Ape1/Ref-1, the major mammalian apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (Ap endo), contributes to alkylating agent resistance in ..
- Bilirubin-induced cell toxicity involves PTEN activation through an APE1/Ref-1-dependent pathwayLaura Cesaratto
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies, University of Udine, 33100, Udine, Italy
J Mol Med (Berl) 85:1099-112. 2007..The ROS increase activated the antioxidant cell response through APE1/Ref-1, a master redox regulator in eukaryotic cells...
- Human AP endonuclease possesses a significant activity as major 3'-5' exonuclease in human leukemia cellsAkira Yoshida
First Department of Internal Medicine, Fukui Medical University, Matsuoka cho, Fukui 910 1193, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 310:522-8. 2003Apurinic/apyrimidinic (AP) endonuclease (Ape1) is the major cellular enzyme responsible for repairing AP-sites in DNA. It can cleave the DNA phosphodiester backbone immediately 5(') to an AP-site...
- The DNA repair gene APE1 T1349G polymorphism and cancer risk: a meta-analysis of 27 case-control studiesDongying Gu
Department of Oncology, The Affiliated Nanjing First Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, 68 Changle Road, Nanjing 210006, People s Republic of China
Mutagenesis 24:507-12. 2009Published data regarding the association between the apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 (APE1) T1349G (Asp148Glu) polymorphism and cancer risk show inconclusive results...
- Genetic polymorphisms of DNA repair genes and chromosomal damage in workers exposed to 1,3-butadieneQi Wang
Department of Occupational Health and Toxicology, School of Public Health, Fudan University, Key Laboratory of Public Health and Safety of Ministry of Education of China, Shanghai 200032, China
Carcinogenesis 31:858-63. 2010..cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) Arg194Trp, Arg280His, Arg399Gln, T-77C, ADPRT Val762Ala, MGMT Leu84Phe and APE1 Asp148Glu) and chromosomal damage in BD-exposed workers, using the cytokinesis-blocked (CB) micronucleus (MN) assay ..
- Identification of RING finger protein 4 (RNF4) as a modulator of DNA demethylation through a functional genomics screenXiaoyi V Hu
Department of Chemistry, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:15087-92. 2010..Mechanistic studies show that RNF4 interacts with and requires the base excision repair enzymes TDG and APE1 for active demethylation...
- APE/Ref-1 and the mammalian response to genotoxic stressGerhard Fritz
Division of Applied Toxicology, Institute of Toxicology, University of Mainz, Obere Zahlbacher Str 67, D 55131 Mainz, Germany
Toxicology 193:67-78. 2003..With respect to transcriptional regulation, both redox dependent and independent mechanisms have been described. APE/Ref-1 also acts as a transcriptional repressor...
- APE1 genotype and risk of bladder cancer: evidence for effect modification by smokingPaul D Terry
Epidemiology Branch, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Int J Cancer 118:3170-3. 2006..b>APE1, the major AP endonuclease of human cells, plays a central role in the repair of AP sites through both its ..
- A genetic variation in APE1 is associated with gastric cancer survival in a Chinese populationQinghong Zhao
Department of General Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Cancer Sci 102:1293-7. 2011..We genotyped APE1 rs1760944 by the TaqMan method in 925 gastric cancer patients...
- DNA base-excision repair enzyme apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease/redox factor-1 is increased and competent in the brain and spinal cord of individuals with amyotrophic lateral sclerosisArif Y Shaikh
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205 2196, USA
Neuromolecular Med 2:47-60. 2002..with changes in the levels and function of the multifunctional protein apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (APE/Ref-1)...
- Human ribosomal protein S3 interacts with DNA base excision repair proteins hAPE/Ref-1 and hOGG1Vijay Hegde
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808, USA
Biochemistry 43:14211-7. 2004..it is shown here that hS3 positively interacts with the human base excision repair (BER) enzymes N-glycosylase/AP lyase OGG1 and APE/Ref-1...
- Apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease-1 protein level is associated with the cytotoxicity of L-configuration deoxycytidine analogs (troxacitabine and beta-L-2',3'-dideoxy-2',3'-didehydro-5-fluorocytidine) but not D-configuration deoxycytidine analogs (gemcitWing Lam
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Mol Pharmacol 69:1607-14. 2006..We showed that human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (APE-1) has exonuclease activity for preferentially removing L-OddC and other L-configuration nucleosides over D-..
- A prospective study of polymorphisms of DNA repair genes XRCC1, XPD23 and APE/ref-1 and risk of stroke in Linxian, ChinaSomdat Mahabir
Department of Epidemiology, CPB4 3247, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 1340, 1155 Pressler Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Epidemiol Community Health 61:737-41. 2007..Stroke is the leading cause of death in Linxian, China. Although there is evidence of DNA damage in experimental stroke, no data exist on DNA repair and stroke in human populations...
- Nitric oxide initiates progression of human melanoma via a feedback loop mediated by apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease-1/redox factor-1, which is inhibited by resveratrolZhen Yang
Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California Irvine School of Medicine, Orange, California, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:3751-60. 2008..Apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease-1/redox factor-1 (APE/Ref-1) is a multifunctional protein and its role in tumor biology has attracted considerable attention...
- Characterization of nuclear factors modulating the apolipoprotein D promoter during growth arrest: implication of PARP-1, APEX-1 and ERK1/2 catalytic activitiesLouis Charles Levros
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire, Departement des Sciences Biologiques, and Centre BioMed, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1803:1062-71. 2010..In this study, we show that Parp-1, HnRNP-U, CBF-A, BUB-3, Kif4, APEX-1 and Ifi204 bind these regulatory elements of the apoD promoter...
- Major oxidative products of cytosine are substrates for the nucleotide incision repair pathwayStéphane Daviet
Groupe Réparation de l ADN, UMR 8126 CNRS, Univ Paris Sud, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
DNA Repair (Amst) 6:8-18. 2007..Here, we characterized the substrate specificity of human major AP endonuclease, Ape1, towards 5-hydroxy-2'-deoxycytidine (5ohC) and alpha-anomeric 2'-deoxycytidine (alphadC) residues...
- Nitric oxide controls nuclear export of APE1/Ref-1 through S-nitrosation of cysteines 93 and 310Jing Qu
National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Nucleic Acids Res 35:2522-32. 2007Apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1/redox effector factor-1 (APE1/Ref-1, abbreviated as APE1) is a molecule with dual functions in DNA repair and redox regulation of transcription factors...
- Knockdown of the DNA repair and redox signaling protein Ape1/Ref-1 blocks ovarian cancer cell and tumor growthMelissa L Fishel
Department of Pediatrics Section of Hematology Oncology, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 7:177-86. 2008Apurinic endonuclease 1/redox effector factor-1 (Ape1/Ref-1 or Ape1) is an essential protein with two distinct functions...
- H(2)O(2) induces translocation of APE/Ref-1 to mitochondria in the Raji B-cell lineBarbara Frossi
Immunology Section, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
J Cell Physiol 193:180-6. 2002..The base excision repair (BER) enzyme APE/Ref-1 normally repairs small nuclear DNA lesion such as oxidized or alkylated bases...
- Dual regulation by apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease-1 inhibits gastric epithelial cell apoptosis during Helicobacter pylori infectionRanajoy Chattopadhyay
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0708, USA
Cancer Res 70:2799-808. 2010Human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease-1 (APE-1), a key enzyme involved in repair of oxidative DNA base damage, is an important transcriptional coregulator...
- A genetic variant in the APE1/Ref-1 gene promoter -141T/G may modulate risk of glioblastoma in a Chinese Han populationKeke Zhou
Neurosurgery Department of Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, PR China
BMC Cancer 11:104. 2011The human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1/Redox effector factor-1 (APE1/Ref-1) is implicated in tumor development and progression...
- Asparagine 212 is essential for abasic site recognition by the human DNA repair endonuclease HAP1D G Rothwell
Imperial Cancer Research Fund Laboratories, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 24:4217-21. 1996b>HAP1 is a divalent cation-dependent endonuclease from human cells with specificity for apurinic/apyrimidinic (AP) sites in DNA...
- Identification of redox/repair protein Ref-1 as a potent activator of p53L Jayaraman
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
Genes Dev 11:558-70. 1997..Importantly, we have also determined that Ref-1 can stimulate p53 transactivation in vivo. This is the first example of a noncovalent protein modifier of p53 function identified in cells...
- Huntingtin-associated protein 1 (HAP1) interacts with the p150Glued subunit of dynactinS Engelender
Department of Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Hum Mol Genet 6:2205-12. 1997..We previously identified a protein (HAP1) which binds to huntingtin in a glutamine repeat length-dependent manner...
- Lack of relationship in long-term type 1 diabetic patients between diabetic nephropathy and polymorphisms in apolipoprotein epsilon, lipoprotein lipase and cholesteryl ester transfer protein. Genétique de la Nephropathie Diabétique Study Group. Données EpS Hadjadj
Medecine B, University Hospital, Angers, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 15:1971-6. 2000..Genetic susceptibility contributes to the risk of diabetic nephropathy. Lipid disorders may favour diabetic nephropathy. Thus polymorphisms in lipid metabolism are candidates for the genetic component of risk for diabetic nephropathy...
- Human AP-endonuclease 1 and hnRNP-L interact with a nCaRE-like repressor element in the AP-endonuclease 1 promoterDavid T Kuninger
Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics and Sealy Center for Molecular Science, University of Texas Medical Branch, 6 136 Medical Research Building, Route 1079, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 30:823-9. 2002The major human AP-endonuclease 1 (APE1) is a multifunctional protein that plays a central role in the repair of damaged DNA by acting as a dual-function nuclease in the base excision repair pathway...
- Substrate specificity of human endonuclease III (hNTH1). Effect of human APE1 on hNTH1 activityDina R Marenstein
Department of Pathology and the Kaplan Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Biol Chem 278:9005-12. 2003..In contrast to Nth, the DNA N-glycosylase activity of hNTH1 is 7-fold greater than its AP lyase activity when the DNA substrate contains a thymine glycol (Tg) opposite adenine (Tg:A) (Marenstein, D. R...
- CD40 stimulation induces Pax5/BSAP and EBF activation through a APE/Ref-1-dependent redox mechanismSonia Merluzzi
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Biomediche, M A T I Center of Excellence, Piazzale Kolbe 4, Universita Degli Studi di Udine, 33100 Udine, Italy
J Biol Chem 279:1777-86. 2004..In this study we demonstrate that the redox factor APE/Ref-1 acts as a key signaling intermediate in response to CD40-mediated B cell activation...
- Effects of backbone contacts 3' to the abasic site on the cleavage and the product binding by human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (APE1)Tadahide Izumi
Sealy Center for Molecular Science, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 1079, USA
Biochemistry 43:684-9. 2004The mammalian apurinic/apyrimidinic (AP) endonuclease (APE1) is a multifunctional protein that plays essential roles in DNA repair and gene regulation...
- Nucleotide sequence and DNA secondary structure, as well as replication protein A, modulate the single-stranded abasic endonuclease activity of APE1Jinshui Fan
Laboratory of Molecular Gerontology, NIA, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Biol Chem 281:3889-98. 2006A major role of the multifunctional human Ape1 protein is to incise at apurinic/apyrimidinic (AP) sites in DNA via site-specific endonuclease activity...
- Genetic variation in the DNA repair genes is predictive of outcome in lung cancerAthena Matakidou
Section of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, UK
Hum Mol Genet 16:2333-40. 2007..004); ERCC6 G399D (P = 0.023), ERCC6 Q1413R (P = 0.025), POLE (P = 0.014) and base excision repair: APEX1 D148E (P = 0.028); EXO1 E670G (P = 0.007); POLB P242R (P = 0.018)...
- Aprataxin, poly-ADP ribose polymerase 1 (PARP-1) and apurinic endonuclease 1 (APE1) function together to protect the genome against oxidative damageJanelle L Harris
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Radiation Biology and Oncology, Brisbane, Queensland 4029, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 18:4102-17. 2009..Here, we reveal reduced expression of PARP-1, apurinic endonuclease 1 (APE1) and OGG1 in AOA1 cells and demonstrate a requirement for PARP-1 in the recruitment of aprataxin to sites of DNA ..
- Redox activation of Fos-Jun DNA binding activity is mediated by a DNA repair enzymeS Xanthoudakis
Department of Molecular Oncology and Virology, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, New York, NY
EMBO J 11:3323-35. 1992..This study suggests a novel link between transcription factor regulation, oxidative signalling and DNA repair processes in higher eukaryotes...
- Isolation of cDNA clones encoding a human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease that corrects DNA repair and mutagenesis defects in E. coli xth (exonuclease III) mutantsC N Robson
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 19:5519-23. 1991..We have isolated cDNA clones which encode an endonuclease, designated HAP1 (human AP endonuclease 1), that catalyses the initial step in AP site repair in human cells...
- Activation of apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease in human cells by reactive oxygen species and its correlation with their adaptive response to genotoxicity of free radicalsC V Ramana
Sealy Center for Molecular Science and Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:5061-6. 1998Apurinic/apyrimidinic (AP) endonuclease (APE; EC 4.2.99...
- Expression and subcellular localization of human AP endonuclease 1 (HAP1/Ref-1) protein: a basis for its role in human diseaseS Kakolyris
Department of Cellular Science, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford
Histopathology 33:561-9. 1998Human AP endonuclease 1 (HAP1) plays a major role in the repair of apurinic/apyrimidinic (AP) sites in cellular DNA by catalysing hydrolytic cleavage of the phosphodiester backbone 5' to the site...
- Phosphorylation of the DNA repair protein APE/REF-1 by CKII affects redox regulation of AP-1G Fritz
Division of Applied Toxicology, Institute of Toxicology, University of Mainz, Germany
Oncogene 18:1033-40. 1999The DNA repair protein apurinic endonuclease (APE/Ref-1) exerts several physiological functions such as cleavage of apurinic/apyrimidinic sites and redox regulation of the transcription factor AP-1, whose activation is part of the ..
- Abasic site recognition by two apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease families in DNA base excision repair: the 3' ends justify the meansC D Mol
Department of Molecular Biology, and Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, MB4, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037 1027, USA
Mutat Res 460:211-29. 2000..In humans, AP sites are processed by APE1, whereas in yeast the primary AP endonuclease is termed APN1, and these enzymes are the major constitutively ..
- Determinants in nuclease specificity of Ape1 and Ape2, human homologues of Escherichia coli exonuclease IIIMasood Z Hadi
Molecular and Structural Biology Division, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA 94551, USA
J Mol Biol 316:853-66. 2002..b>Ape1, which shares homology with Escherichia coli exonuclease III (ExoIII), is the major abasic endonuclease in mammals ..
- AP endonuclease 1 coordinates flap endonuclease 1 and DNA ligase I activity in long patch base excision repairTamara A Ranalli
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, 14642
J Biol Chem 277:41715-24. 2002..Apurinic/apyrimidinic (AP) endonucleases recognize and cleave abasic (AP) sites during base excision repair (BER). APE1 (REF1, HAP1) is the predominant AP endonuclease in mammalian cells...
- AP endonuclease 1 has no biologically significant 3(')-->5(')-exonuclease activityNatalia A Lebedeva
Novosibirsk Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Siberian Division of Russian Academy of Sciences, Prospect Lavrentiev 8, 630090, Novosibirsk, Siberia, Russia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 300:182-7. 2003The 3(')-->5(')-exonucleolytic activity of human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 (APE1) on mispaired DNA at the 3(')-termini of recessed, nicked or gapped DNA molecules was analyzed and compared with the primary endonucleolytic ..
- Implication of Ref-1 in the repression of renin gene transcription by intracellular calciumSebastien Fuchs
INSERM U36, College de France, Paris, France
J Hypertens 21:327-35. 2003..As the renin gene is negatively regulated by calcium in the same way as the parathormone (PTH) gene, we hypothesized that a similar molecular transcriptional mechanism could be involved...
- Modulation of the 3'-->5'-exonuclease activity of human apurinic endonuclease (Ape1) by its 5'-incised Abasic DNA productDonny Wong
Department of Cancer Cell Biology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 278:36242-9. 2003The major abasic endonuclease of human cells, Ape1 protein, is a multifunctional enzyme with critical roles in base excision repair (BER) of DNA...
- Studies of apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease/ref-1 expression in epithelial ovarian cancer: correlations with tumor progression and platinum resistanceSarah Freitas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:4689-94. 2003..repair pathway involves the cleavage of an apurinic/apyrimidinic site by an apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (APE)...
- Role of acetylated human AP-endonuclease (APE1/Ref-1) in regulation of the parathyroid hormone geneKishor K Bhakat
Sealy Center for Molecular Science and Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1079, USA
EMBO J 22:6299-309. 2003The human AP-endonuclease (APE1/Ref-1), a multifunctional protein central to repairing abasic sites and single-strand breaks in DNA, also plays a role in transcriptional regulation...
- Helicobacter pylori and H2O2 increase AP endonuclease-1/redox factor-1 expression in human gastric epithelial cellsSong Ze Ding
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, USA
Gastroenterology 127:845-58. 2004..Apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease-1 (APE-1)/redox factor-1 (Ref-1) repairs damaged DNA and reductively activates transcription factors, including activator ..
- Apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 regulates endothelial NO production and vascular toneByeong Hwa Jeon
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21214, USA
Circ Res 95:902-10. 2004The dual-function protein apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease/redox factor-1 (APE1/ref-1) is essential for DNA repair and also governs the reductive activation of many redox-sensitive transcription factors...
- Cardioscopy New Platform for Less Invasive Surgery on the Beating HeartTomislav Mihaljevic; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Cardioscope will be placed near the LV apex via a small thoracotomy or small subxiphoid incision or across the aortic valve via the carotid or femoral artery ..
- Intravascular Cardiac Assist System for Decompression and RecoveryCAITLYN J BOSECKER; Fiscal Year: 2010..e. as an LVAD), where blood is withdrawn from either the left atrium or the apex of the left ventricle. The blood then passes through the pump and is returned to the ascending aorta...
- ALAN BRENT PACKARD; Fiscal Year: 2014..high accumulation in the heart, minimal accumulation in the liver (which can interfere with visualization of the apex of the left ventricle), and rapid blood clearance...
- Daniel Tamez; Fiscal Year: 2014..trials, the tMVAD is significantly smaller in size and weight and only requires a single insertion through the apex of the left ventricle...
- Myosin Isoforms in Relation to Function in Human HeartRichard L Moss; Fiscal Year: 2010..varies with MHC content will be investigated by determining the regional distribution of MHC isoforms in the apex and the left ventricular free wall from healthy and diseased hearts...
- Development of an Implantable "Plug and Play" TransApical to Aorta VADStephen Topaz; Fiscal Year: 2007..a blood return graft (or cannula) to the aorta and a large cannula (>16 mm outer diameter) through the cardiac apex. Our goal is to develop a Plug and Play (P&P) TransApical to Aorta VAD pump that is simple and easily inserted ..
- Molecular Epidemiology and Natural History of SIVcpzBeatrice H Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2013..based) SIVcpz detection methods and used these to characterize the molecular epidemiology of SIVcpz in wild-living ape populations throughout equatorial Africa (Nature 2004;Science 2006)...
- Regulations of DNA Alkylation/Deamination Damage RepairRabindra Roy; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, MPG lacking its N-terminal extension is stimulated by APE. Thus, these novel preliminary observations provide the ground work to test our central hypothesis that the dynamic ..
- Kishor K Bhakat; Fiscal Year: 2015..The mammalian AP-endonuclease (APE1) plays a central role in the BER pathway by repairing abasic (AP) sites generated in DNA spontaneously or after ..
- Role of ROS-Induced DNA Damage in Mitochondria-Regulated ApoptosisAnne Tann; Fiscal Year: 2012..APE1 also functions as redox factor 1 due to its ability to reductively activate transcription factors, such as c-Jun and p53...
- Repair of oxidative DNA damage in mammalian cellsTadahide Izumi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (APE1 in mammals) arguably determines the BER rate in cells and thus plays a central role in the repair pathway...
- Beatrice H Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2016..Screening ape samples from over 50 field sites throughout central Africa, we found that P...
- Beatrice H Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2016..Specifically, we propose: 1. To identify the ape reservoirs of HIV-1 groups O and P...
- Sheila E Crowe; Fiscal Year: 2015..This project has focused on ROS-induced activation of apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (APE1), a multifunctional protein that is the rate-limiting enzyme in DNA base excision repair of oxidative lesions...
- Interaction Between DNA Repair and Antioxidant Genes During AgingCarlos A Torres Ramos; Fiscal Year: 2010..the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae, and a more complex mammalian organism, a knockout mouse heterozygous for Ape1, the main AP endonuclease that participates in BER...
- Jun Chen; Fiscal Year: 2016..AP endonuclease (APE) is the rate-limiting enzyme in the BER pathway, which, when overexpressed, can boost BER activity...
- Oxidative Stress, Mitochondrial Dysfunction and AgingJOHN NMN PAPACONSTANTINOU; Fiscal Year: 2010..P2 (SM) investigates how aging affects the role of APE1 in nuclear and mtDNA repair;the role of the negative Ca++ response element (nCaRE) in regulation of expression of ..
- ALEX C DROHAT; Fiscal Year: 2016..Repair continues with AP endonuclease (APE1) and downstream BER enzymes...
- The Role of Ape1 in Neurotoxicity of Cancer TreatmentsMark R Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2012..The DNA base excision repair (BER) pathway including the abasic- endonuclease1/redox factor (Ape1/Ref-1 or Ape1) has been shown to be the major DNA repair pathway for oxidative and alkylating agent damage that ..
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF DNA REGULATORY PROTEINSRonen Marmorstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have previously determined the structures of DNA complexes with the Gal4, Ppr1, Put3, Hap1 and Leu3 members of this family...
- DAVID K CORTEZ; Fiscal Year: 2016..The ATR (ATM and rad3-related) kinase functions at the apex of a DNA damage and replication stress response pathway...
- Mechanisms of Trinucleotide Repeat Expansion via Oxidative DNA Damage and RepairYuan Liu; Fiscal Year: 2012..can be reduced by efficient processing of ssDNA break intermediates through BER protein interactions between APE1 and Pol p, XRCC1 and Pol 3, as well as BLM and FEN1. Under Dr...
- Tumor suppressor adenomatous polyposis coli and breast carcinogenesisSatya Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2007..excision repair proteins, including proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) and apurinic/apydmidinic endonudease (APE)...
- ANN NARDULLI; Fiscal Year: 2014..thioredoxin (Trx), thioredoxin reductase (TrxR), protein disulfide isomerase (PDI), and apurinic endonuclease 1 (APE1) in the cerebral cortex of C57BL/6 mice, (2) define whether estrogens and/or progestins alter the expression of ..
- Innate Immunity, Biomarkers and Myocardial InfarctionGregory L Stahl; Fiscal Year: 2010..While recent clinical trials (e.g., APEX-MI and COMPLY) did not reach statistical significance for the primary endpoint, ended early because of the failed ..
- Dissecting the role of one neuronal RhoGEF amongst many: the Kalirin-7 null mouseRichard E Mains; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition, Kalirin interacts with DISC1 (a candidate schizophrenia gene) and HAP1 (a Huntingtin interactor)...
- Taras Y Nazarko; Fiscal Year: 2014..and another protein we identified as Atg36, are essential for selective autophagy of peroxisomes (pexophagy) and Ape1 complexes (Cvt pathway) in the Pichia pastoris yeast...
- TH1 AND TH2 RESPONSES IN VIRAL IMMUNITYThomas M Moran; Fiscal Year: 2010..inflammatory response in the animals until almost 48 hours after infection when virus replication was reaching its apex. At this point, a sudden rapid generation of chemokines and cytokines that we refer to as the inflammatory burst ..
- NEUROSECRETORY GENE EXPRESSION IN THE HYPOTHALAMUSPamela L Mellon; Fiscal Year: 2011As the ultimate regulator of reproductive function, Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) is at the apex of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis...
- Role of an RNA-Binding Protein in Mammary CarcinogenesisJeffrey Ross; Fiscal Year: 2009..The goal is to assess how the tumor suppressor Ape and the chemical carcinogen N-ethyl-N-nitrosurea (ENU) affect CRD-BP-mediated tumor formation...
- Soy isoflavones to augment radiotherapy of lung carcinomaGilda G Hillman; Fiscal Year: 2012..and modulation of molecular pathways involved in the interaction between radiation and soy isoflavones, including APE1/Ref-1, NF-:B, HIF-11...
- Factors that Initiate Arrhythamias in Long QT SyndromeGuy Salama; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will apply a focal sensory stimulus (mechanical or chemical) at a site on the heart (i.e. the apex of the left ventricle) while recording changes in electrical and contractile parameters mediated by cardiac reflex ..
- HEME PROTEIN REDUCTASESStephen G Sligar; Fiscal Year: 2012..step in androgen formation via the cleavage of the C17-C20 bond to generate the characteristic keto group at the apex of the D-ring in androgens and the reaction catalyzed by the important drug target, aromatase, wherein an aromatic ..
- Hajime Sasaki; Fiscal Year: 2014..inflammation within the jaws that ultimately results in the destruction of bone that surrounds the apex of the tooth root...
- Genome wide views of chromatin occupancy in the control of Aquilegia developmentLevi Yant; Fiscal Year: 2013..flowering time, plants interpret a variety of signals that converge from multiple genetic pathways at the shoot apex where the reproductive transition is effected2,3...
- Adverse Effects of Noise on Hearing: Basic MechanismsBarbara A Bohne; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., 4-kHz octave band of noise (OBN) or 0.5-kHz OBN at 92-95 dB SPLJ. With Specific Aim #1, the apex-to-base patterns and types of cell death and their timing will be determined in hair cells at 0, 7, 14 and 30 days ..
- A shared macromolecular X-ray diffraction system in RochesterJoseph E Wedekind; Fiscal Year: 2010..stages, our tests indicated that the Bruker AXS I?S microfocus sealed tube X- ray source, integrated optics, APEX II CCD detector, Oxford 700 cold stream and motorized goniometer head (for rapid sample centering) mounted on a 4-..
- Dissecting Wnt/PCP Signaling in Developing Cochlear Sensory EpitheliumXiaowei Lu; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The actin-based stereocilary bundle (or hair bundle) on the apex of auditory hair cells serves the crucial function of converting sound energy to electric signals...
- Anilkumar Pillai; Fiscal Year: 2016..We found reductions in TrkB signaling, Hap1 (a huntingtin associated protein involved in intracellular trafficking of endocytic TrkB) levels and its ..
- Ian G Macara; Fiscal Year: 2015..Par3 sits at the apex of a signaling network that controls cell polarity, and we discovered two crucial downstream functions of Par3 in ..
- A novel mouse colon cancer model and chemopreventionWei Dai; Fiscal Year: 2010..Given that both BubRl and Ape are involved in the regulation of genomic stability in normal cells, we hypothesize that BubRl+/-ApcMin+/- mice ..
- Effects of High Fat Diet and Environmental Obesogen Co-Exposure on OsteoporosisJennifer J Schlezinger; Fiscal Year: 2013..Since PPAR? is poised at the apex of a regulatory network that controls multi-potent marrow stem cell (MSC) differentiation, it is posited that ..
- KUMBLE SANDEEP PRABHU; Fiscal Year: 2016..However, studies are yet to be done to understand the effect of Se on cancer stem cells (CSC), which occupy the apex of the developmental hierarchy with properties of self-renewal, multipotentiality, and strong proliferative ..
- Progranulin Intervention in Inflammatory Bowel DiseasesChuanju Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..these cytokines, tumor necrosis factor (TNF) has received the greatest attention because of its position at the apex of the inflammatory and immune-regulatory cascades...
- Anxiety and Alcohol Drinking in a Genetic Animal Model of AlcoholismJULIA ANN CHESTER; Fiscal Year: 2010..and innate propensity toward alcohol drinking behavior in mouse lines that have been selectively bred for high (HAP1 and HAP2) or low (LAP1 and LAP2) alcohol preference...
- Functions and Disorders of K Channels in the Ineer EarTsung Yu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2012..expression of different isoforms/alternative splice variants is the underlying mechanisms for the base-to-apex PHL seen in mutations of KCNQ4 channels...
- William G Dunphy; Fiscal Year: 2016..In vertebrates, the master regulatory kinase ATR functions at the apex of key checkpoint responses...
- Celine DerMardirossian; Fiscal Year: 2016..We hypothesize that nephrin is at the apex of a hierarchy defining compartment identity through the recruitment of GTPases and their regulators...
- RICHARD LOWELL BELL; Fiscal Year: 2014..nt is to supply to off-campus researchers at cost P/NP, HAD1-2/LAD1-2, and AA/ANA selectively bred rats, as well as HAP1-2-3/LAP2-3 and cHAP selected mice that show genetically high and/or low alcohol preference. (Specific Aims 2 and 3)...
- CHARLES RICHARD STEELE; Fiscal Year: 2016..detailed 3D description of the Y- shaped elements in the organ of Corti across the different OHC rows, from base to apex;2) an incorporation of this information into computational models for testing the FF/FB amplifier theories with ..
- Early Detection of KeratoconusRonald H Silverman; Fiscal Year: 2013..In early keratoconus, as the anterior stromal surface begins to bulge forward, the epithelium will thin above the apex of the bulge and thicken around it, to maintain a smooth anterior surface...
- NICOLAS P SLUIS-CREMER; Fiscal Year: 2016..screened, we identified 3,39-[(3-carboxy-4-oxo-2,5-cyclohexadien-1- ylidene)methylene]bis[6-hydroxy-benzoic acid] (APEX-57219) as a promising "lead" compound...
- Roberto N De Guzman; Fiscal Year: 2016..assembly consists of about 120 copies of identical proteins that are arranged in a superhelical manner, and the apex of this needle is capped by tip proteins...
- The Effect of Dietary Fat on Benzo(a)pyrene Induced Colon Cancer in Apc Min MiceDEACQUNITA LAQUADE DIGGS; Fiscal Year: 2010..aims: Aim 1: To investigate the effect of dietary fat on BaP-induced adenomas in colon and rectum of the adult Ape Min mouse...
- Mitigating risk in a closed loop system by exercise detection and miniaturizationPeter G Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2013..AP system as well as results from simulations will guide the design of an Adaptive Personalized Exercise-sensing (APE) algorithm...
- Kalyanam Shivkumar; Fiscal Year: 2016..control of myocardial excitability in normal and diseased human hearts, and specifically, regional differences (apex versus base, epicardium versus endocardium, right versus left stellate ganglion innervation) remain unknown and ..
- Determinants of Pathogenic Hantavirus AttachmentErich R Mackow; Fiscal Year: 2010..Pathogenic hantaviruses bind to a 53 residue PSI domain present at the apex of bent, inactive, 1v23 integrins and dysregulate 1v23 integrin function (33, 73)...
- Ming Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2014..Second, these vascular regions are also the primary targets for anti-PE (aPE) autoimmunity, providing a physical link between aPE and idiopathic thrombosis...
- Chuanju Liu; Fiscal Year: 2015..by applicant): Tumor necrosis factor-a (TNF?) has received the greatest attention because of its position at the apex of the pro-inflammatory cytokine cascade, and its dominance in the pathogenesis of inflammation...
- KUMBLE SANDEEP PRABHU; Fiscal Year: 2015..LSCs reside at the apex of a developmental hierarchy and facilitate the continued expansion of bulk tumor cells leading to relapse of the ..
- Pharmaceutical Therapy for Seasonal Affective DisorderJay K Trautman; Fiscal Year: 2010..The pathway has at its apex, melanopsin, a G-protein coupled receptor (GPCR) that is only expressed in the target cells...
- Zhenbiao Yang; Fiscal Year: 2015..growth requires efficient and targeted fusion of vesicles (containing cell membrane and wall materials) to the cell apex. This targeted exocytosis is highly coordinated in space and time and is orchestrated by a Rho GTPase-based ..
- DNA repair and lg class switchingJanet Stavnezer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 2: to determine if the base excision repair (BER) enzymes APE1 or APE2 create the initiating DNA breaks in the Su segments...
- REGENERATION OF PULP-DENTIN DEVELOPMENT IN IMMATURE PERMANENT TEETH WITH NECROSISKenneth M Hargreaves; Fiscal Year: 2010..method of treating these cases is apexification (formation/induction of a calcified barrier across the root apex), which leaves a greatly weakened tooth with a poor long term prognosis...
- HUMAN DNA REPAIR ENZYMES FOR REDOX AND ALKYLATION DAMAGEBRUCE F DEMPLE; Fiscal Year: 2010..remove altered bases to generate abasic sites, which are further processed in several steps dependent on the Ape1 endonuclease and DNA polymerase beta...
- METALLOENZYME SYNTHESIS, STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONWilliam Konigsberg; Fiscal Year: 1999..under investigation are: 1) alkaline phosphatase; 2) the fungal transcription factors GAL4, LAC9, MAL63, LEU3 and HAP1; 3) the glucocorticoid and estrogen receptors from the hormone receptor class of zinc transcription factors; and 4) ..
- HORMONE PULSATILITY DIFFERENCES VIA COARSE TIME-SAMPLINGSteven Pincus; Fiscal Year: 2001..differentiate hormonal secretory patterns between clinically distinct cohorts, via Approximate entropy (ApEn) and cross-ApEn, quantifications of sequential irregularity and two-variable asynchrony, respectively, developed by ..
- BioPulp: Bioengineeering approaches for dental pulp regenerationSUSAN FU; Fiscal Year: 2009..In deciduous teeth or young permanent teeth with incomplete root apex formation, endodontic treatment is either contra-indicated or may lead to the cessation of root development...
- Development of Translation Initiation Inhibitors and their Anti-Cancer ActivityMichael Chorev; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The location of translation initiation at the apex of many well-defined oncogenic, pro-apoptotic and tumor-suppressor pathways makes it an attractive target for the development of anti-cancer agents ..