Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AP3M1
Description: adaptor related protein complex 3 subunit mu 1
Alias: AP-3 complex subunit mu-1, AP-3 adapter complex mu3A subunit, adapter-related protein complex 3 mu-1 subunit, adaptor related protein complex 3 mu 1 subunit, clathrin adaptor complex AP3, mu-3A subunit, mu-adaptin 3A, mu3A-adaptin
- Duvall Noelle N, Karwandyar A, Richmond A, Raman D. LASP-1: a nuclear hub for the UHRF1-DNMT1-G9a-Snail1 complex. Oncogene. 2016;35:1122-33 pubmed publisher..LASP-1 also directly bound to Snail1 which may stabilize Snail1. Thus, nuclear LASP-1 appears to functionally serve as a hub for the epigenetic machinery. ..
- Coleman S, Van Damme N, Day J, Noviello C, Hitchin D, Madrid R, et al. Leucine-specific, functional interactions between human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Nef and adaptor protein complexes. J Virol. 2005;79:2066-78 pubmed..This binding likely underlies the unusual ability of Nef to induce the stabilization of these complexes on endosomal membranes, an activity that correlates with enhancement of viral replication. ..
- Ivan V, Martinez Sanchez E, Sima L, Oorschot V, Klumperman J, Petrescu S, et al. AP-3 and Rabip4' coordinately regulate spatial distribution of lysosomes. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48142 pubmed publisher..The most peripheral lysosomes were localized beyond microtubules, within the cortical actin network. Our results uncover a novel function for AP-3 and rabip4' in regulating lysosome positioning through an interorganellar pathway. ..
- Honing S, Sandoval I, Von Figura K. A di-leucine-based motif in the cytoplasmic tail of LIMP-II and tyrosinase mediates selective binding of AP-3. EMBO J. 1998;17:1304-14 pubmed..This points to a function of AP-3 in intracellular sorting to lysosomes and melanosomes of a subset of cargo proteins via di-leucine-based sorting motifs. ..
- Dores M, Paing M, Lin H, Montagne W, Marchese A, Trejo J. AP-3 regulates PAR1 ubiquitin-independent MVB/lysosomal sorting via an ALIX-mediated pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3612-23 pubmed publisher..Moreover, AP-3 facilitates PAR1 interaction with ALIX, suggesting that AP-3 functions before PAR1 engagement of ALIX and MVB/lysosomal sorting. ..
- Liu L, Sutton J, Woodruff E, Villalta F, Spearman P, Dong X. Defective HIV-1 particle assembly in AP-3-deficient cells derived from patients with Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome type 2. J Virol. 2012;86:11242-53 pubmed
- Sitaram A, Piccirillo R, Palmisano I, Harper D, Dell Angelica E, Schiaffino M, et al. Localization to mature melanosomes by virtue of cytoplasmic dileucine motifs is required for human OCA2 function. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:1464-77 pubmed publisher..We conclude that OCA2 is targeted to and functions within melanosomes but that residence within melanosomes may be regulated by secondary or alternative targeting to lysosomes. ..
- Kimpler L, Glosson N, Downs D, Gonyo P, May N, Hudson A. Adaptor protein complexes AP-1 and AP-3 are required by the HHV-7 Immunoevasin U21 for rerouting of class I MHC molecules to the lysosomal compartment. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e99139 pubmed publisher..We also examine the impact of transient versus chronic knockdown of these adaptor protein complexes, and show that the few remaining ? subunits in the cells are eventually able to reroute class I molecules to lysosomes. ..
- Bultema J, Ambrosio A, Burek C, Di Pietro S. BLOC-2, AP-3, and AP-1 proteins function in concert with Rab38 and Rab32 proteins to mediate protein trafficking to lysosome-related organelles. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:19550-63 pubmed publisher..Additionally, analysis of tyrosinase-related protein-2 and total melanin production indicates that Rab32 has unique functions that cannot be carried out by Rab38 in melanosome biogenesis. ..
- Van Damme N, Guatelli J. HIV-1 Vpu inhibits accumulation of the envelope glycoprotein within clathrin-coated, Gag-containing endosomes. Cell Microbiol. 2008;10:1040-57 pubmed
- Dell Angelica E, Ooi C, Bonifacino J. Beta3A-adaptin, a subunit of the adaptor-like complex AP-3. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:15078-84 pubmed..The characteristics of beta3A-adaptin reported here lend support to the idea that AP-3 is a structural and functional homolog of the clathrin-associated adaptors AP-1 and AP-2. ..
- Madrid R, Le Maout S, Barrault M, Janvier K, Benichou S, Merot J. Polarized trafficking and surface expression of the AQP4 water channel are coordinated by serial and regulated interactions with different clathrin-adaptor complexes. EMBO J. 2001;20:7008-21 pubmed..AQP4 phosphorylation by CKII may thus provide a mechanism that regulates AQP4 cell surface expression. ..
- Hashimoto R, Ohi K, Okada T, Yasuda Y, Yamamori H, Hori H, et al. Association analysis between schizophrenia and the AP-3 complex genes. Neurosci Res. 2009;65:113-5 pubmed publisher..Nominal association between rs6688 in the AP3M1 gene and schizophrenia (chi(2)=6.33, P=0.012, odds ratio=0...
- Fatemifar G, Hoggart C, Paternoster L, Kemp J, Prokopenko I, Horikoshi M, et al. Genome-wide association study of primary tooth eruption identifies pleiotropic loci associated with height and craniofacial distances. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:3807-17 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the genome-wide association approach is a powerful strategy for detecting variants involved in tooth eruption, and potentially craniofacial growth and more generally organ development. ..
- Drake M, Zhu Y, Kornfeld S. The assembly of AP-3 adaptor complex-containing clathrin-coated vesicles on synthetic liposomes. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:3723-36 pubmed..These results establish that AP-3-containing clathrin-coated vesicles form in vitro and are consistent with AP-3-dependent protein transport being mediated by clathrin-coated vesicles...