Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AP1S3
Description: adaptor-related protein complex 1, sigma 3 subunit
Alias: AP-1 complex subunit sigma-3, adapter-related protein complex 1 sigma-1C subunit, adaptor protein complex AP-1 sigma-1C subunit, clathrin assembly protein complex 1 sigma-1C small chain, golgi adaptor HA1/AP1 adaptin sigma-1C subunit, sigma 1C adaptin, sigma 1C subunit of AP-1 clathrin, sigma-adaptin 1C, sigma1C-adaptin
- A dileucine motif in HIV-1 Nef is essential for sorting into clathrin-coated pits and for downregulation of CD4M Greenberg
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York 11724, USA
Curr Biol 8:1239-42. 1998..Thus, the dileucine motif in HIV-1 is required for CD4 downregulation and for interaction with clathrin adaptor complexes...
- GGAs: roles of the different domains and comparison with AP-1 and clathrinJ Hirst
University of Cambridge, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Wellcome Trust Centre for the Study of Molecular Mechanisms in Disease, Cambridge CB2 2XY, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 12:3573-88. 2001..Together with results from other studies, our findings suggest that the GGAs act as monomeric adaptors, with the four domains involved in cargo selection, membrane localization, clathrin binding, and accessory protein recruitment...
- Interaction of HIV-1 Nef with the cellular dileucine-based sorting pathway is required for CD4 down-regulation and optimal viral infectivityH M Craig
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0679, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:11229-34. 1998..The data also suggest that an influence on the distribution of cellular transmembrane proteins may mechanistically unite two previously distinct properties of Nef: down-regulation of CD4 and enhancement of viral infectivity...
- A dileucine motif in HIV-1 Nef acts as an internalization signal for CD4 downregulation and binds the AP-1 clathrin adaptorP A Bresnahan
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco 94141, USA
Curr Biol 8:1235-8. 1998..Our findings also reveal an evolutionary difference between HIV-1 and HIV-2/SIV in which the Nef proteins utilize structurally distinct motifs for binding cellular adaptors...
- Leucine-specific, functional interactions between human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Nef and adaptor protein complexesScott H Coleman
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0679, USA
J Virol 79:2066-78. 2005..This binding likely underlies the unusual ability of Nef to induce the stabilization of these complexes on endosomal membranes, an activity that correlates with enhancement of viral replication...
- HIV-1 Nef stabilizes the association of adaptor protein complexes with membranesKaty Janvier
Institut Cochin, Department of Infectious Diseases, INSERM U567 CNRS UMR8104, Universite Paris V, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, France
J Biol Chem 278:8725-32. 2003..The stabilization of these complexes on membranes may underlie the pleiotropic effects of Nef on protein trafficking within the endosomal system...
- HIV-1 Nef disrupts MHC-I trafficking by recruiting AP-1 to the MHC-I cytoplasmic tailJeremiah F Roeth
Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Cell Biol 167:903-13. 2004..In sum, our evidence suggests that binding of AP-1 to the Nef-MHC-I complex is an important step required for inhibition of antigen presentation by HIV...
- [The HIV nef and the Kaposi-sarcoma-associated virus K3/K5 proteins: "parasites"of the endocytosis pathway]Serge Benichou
Departement de Maladies Infectieuses, INSERM U 567, CNRS UMR 8104, Institut Cochin, bâtiment Gustave Roussy, 27, rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 19:100-6. 2003..In addition, these viral factors represent valuable tools to study the pathway they are perturbing...
- AP17 and AP19, the mammalian small chains of the clathrin-associated protein complexes show homology to Yap17p, their putative homolog in yeastT Kirchhausen
Department of Anatomy and Cellular Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Biol Chem 266:11153-7. 1991..The yeast sequence predicts Yap17p, a protein with 147 amino acids and a Mr of 17,373 that is slightly more related to the mammalian AP17 chain than to its AP19 counterpart...
- Adaptins: the final recountM Boehm
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Biol Cell 12:2907-20. 2001..Finally, we extend our survey to adaptin-related proteins such as the GGAs and stonins, which contain domains homologous to the adaptins...
- HIV-1 Nef stabilizes AP-1 on membranes without inducing ARF1-independent de novo attachmentScott H Coleman
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093 0679, USA
Virology 345:148-55. 2006..We conclude that Nef stabilizes AP complexes on endosomal membranes after ARF1-dependent attachment. This stabilization may facilitate coat formation and stimulate the trafficking of multiple cellular proteins...