Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AP1G2
Description: adaptor related protein complex 1 subunit gamma 2
Alias: G2AD, AP-1 complex subunit gamma-like 2, adaptor related protein complex 1 gamma 2 subunit, clathrin-associated/assembly/adaptor protein, large, gamma-2, gamma2-adaptin
- Lambert C, Döring T, Prange R. Hepatitis B virus maturation is sensitive to functional inhibition of ESCRT-III, Vps4, and gamma 2-adaptin. J Virol. 2007;81:9050-60 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate that HBV exploits the MVB machinery with the aid of gamma 2-adaptin. ..
- Grant R, Denroche R, Borgida A, Virtanen C, Cook N, Smith A, et al. Exome-Wide Association Study of Pancreatic Cancer Risk. Gastroenterology. 2018;154:719-722.e3 pubmed publisher..045). At the suggestive threshold (P < .001), 6 genes were enriched for rare damaging variants (UHMK1, AP1G2, DNTA, CHST6, FGFR3, and EPHA1) and 7 genes had associations with pancreatic cancer risk, based on the sequence-..
- Jürgens M, Vörös J, Rautureau G, Shepherd D, Pye V, Muldoon J, et al. The hepatitis B virus preS1 domain hijacks host trafficking proteins by motif mimicry. Nat Chem Biol. 2013;9:540-7 pubmed publisher..The preS1-?2-EAR interaction was relatively weak and efficiently outcompeted by a synthetic peptide. Our data provide the structural road map for developing peptidomimetic antivirals targeting the ?2-EAR-preS1 interaction. ..
- Kulpa D, Del Cid N, Peterson K, Collins K. Adaptor protein 1 promotes cross-presentation through the same tyrosine signal in major histocompatibility complex class I as that targeted by HIV-1. J Virol. 2013;87:8085-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide evidence for two separable cross-presentation pathways, only one of which is targeted by HIV...
- Bouchet J, Hérate C, Guenzel C, Verollet C, Järviluoma A, Mazzolini J, et al. Single-domain antibody-SH3 fusions for efficient neutralization of HIV-1 Nef functions. J Virol. 2012;86:4856-67 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that it is possible to inhibit all functions of Nef, both in T lymphocytes and macrophages, with a single ligand that represents an efficient tool to develop new antiviral strategies targeting Nef. ..
- Döring T, Gotthardt K, Stieler J, Prange R. ?2-Adaptin is functioning in the late endosomal sorting pathway and interacts with ESCRT-I and -III subunits. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1803:1252-64 pubmed publisher..These observations identify ?2-adaptin as a critical factor in MVB trafficking, which likely is involved in endosome-to-lysosome maturation. ..
- Rost M, Döring T, Prange R. gamma2-Adaptin, a ubiquitin-interacting adaptor, is a substrate to coupled ubiquitination by the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4 and functions in the endosomal pathway. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:32119-30 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that gamma2-adaptin may operate within the MVB sorting system in a manner different from that of classic adaptins. ..
- Herbein G, Varin A, Larbi A, Fortin C, Mahlknecht U, Fulop T, et al. Nef and TNFalpha are coplayers that favor HIV-1 replication in monocytic cells and primary macrophages. Curr HIV Res. 2008;6:117-29 pubmed
- Mattera R, Ritter B, Sidhu S, McPherson P, Bonifacino J. Definition of the consensus motif recognized by gamma-adaptin ear domains. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:8018-28 pubmed..These findings shed light on the mechanism of accessory protein recruitment to trans-Golgi network and endosomal clathrin coats. ..
- Benichou S, Benmerah A. [The HIV nef and the Kaposi-sarcoma-associated virus K3/K5 proteins: "parasites"of the endocytosis pathway]. Med Sci (Paris). 2003;19:100-6 pubmed..In addition, these viral factors represent valuable tools to study the pathway they are perturbing. ..
- Mattera R, Arighi C, Lodge R, Zerial M, Bonifacino J. Divalent interaction of the GGAs with the Rabaptin-5-Rabex-5 complex. EMBO J. 2003;22:78-88 pubmed..These observations thus identify a binding sequence for GAE/gamma-adaptin ear domains and reveal a functional link between proteins regulating TGN cargo export and endosomal tethering/fusion events. ..
- Coleman S, Hitchin D, Noviello C, Guatelli J. HIV-1 Nef stabilizes AP-1 on membranes without inducing ARF1-independent de novo attachment. Virology. 2006;345:148-55 pubmed..We conclude that Nef stabilizes AP complexes on endosomal membranes after ARF1-dependent attachment. This stabilization may facilitate coat formation and stimulate the trafficking of multiple cellular proteins. ..
- Lewin D, Sheff D, Ooi C, Whitney J, Yamamoto E, Chicione L, et al. Cloning, expression, and localization of a novel gamma-adaptin-like molecule. FEBS Lett. 1998;435:263-8 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that gamma2-adaptin plays a role in membrane transport distinct from that played by gamma-adaptin. ..
- Vermeire J, Vanbillemont G, Witkowski W, Verhasselt B. The Nef-infectivity enigma: mechanisms of enhanced lentiviral infection. Curr HIV Res. 2011;9:474-89 pubmed..Hereby we aim to contribute to a better understanding of this highly conserved and therapeutically attractive Nef function. ..
- Hartmann Stühler C, Prange R. Hepatitis B virus large envelope protein interacts with gamma2-adaptin, a clathrin adaptor-related protein. J Virol. 2001;75:5343-51 pubmed..Together, the results suggest a role for gamma2-adaptin in L-mediated processes of viral biogenesis and/or pathogenesis, such as facilitating and guiding HBV assembly. ..
- Santos da Silva E, Mulinge M, Perez Bercoff D. The frantic play of the concealed HIV envelope cytoplasmic tail. Retrovirology. 2013;10:54 pubmed publisher..It also considers the cellular and viral proteins that have been described to interact with the gp41-CT, with a particular focus on subtype-related polymorphisms. ..
- Takatsu H, Yoshino K, Nakayama K. Adaptor gamma ear homology domain conserved in gamma-adaptin and GGA proteins that interact with gamma-synergin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;271:719-25 pubmed
- Page L, Sowerby P, Lui W, Robinson M. Gamma-synergin: an EH domain-containing protein that interacts with gamma-adaptin. J Cell Biol. 1999;146:993-1004 pubmed..The presence of an EH domain suggests that gamma-synergin links the AP-1 complex to another protein or proteins. ..
- Tavares L, da Silva E, da Silva Januário M, Januário Y, de Cavalho J, Czernisz É, et al. CD4 downregulation by the HIV-1 protein Nef reveals distinct roles for the ?1 and ?2 subunits of the AP-1 complex in protein trafficking. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:429-443 pubmed publisher..Herein, we report that this lysosomal targeting requires a variant of AP-1 containing isoform 2 of ?-adaptin (AP1G2, hereafter ?2)...