Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AP1B1
Description: adaptor related protein complex 1 subunit beta 1
Alias: ADTB1, AP105A, BAM22, CLAPB2, AP-1 complex subunit beta-1, ADTB1, CLAPB2, Golgi adaptor HA1/AP1 adaptin beta subunit, adapter-related protein complex 1 subunit beta-1, adaptor protein complex AP-1 subunit beta-1, adaptor related protein complex 1 beta 1 subunit, beta-1-adaptin, beta-adaptin 1, beta-prime-adaptin, beta1-adaptin, clathrin assembly protein complex 1 beta large chain, plasma membrane adaptor HA2/AP2 adaptor beta subunit
- Checkley M, Luttge B, Freed E. HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein biosynthesis, trafficking, and incorporation. J Mol Biol. 2011;410:582-608 pubmed publisher..Here, we review our current understanding of HIV-1 Env glycoprotein trafficking and incorporation into virions. ..
- Coleman S, Van Damme N, Day J, Noviello C, Hitchin D, Madrid R, et al. Leucine-specific, functional interactions between human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Nef and adaptor protein complexes. J Virol. 2005;79:2066-78 pubmed..This binding likely underlies the unusual ability of Nef to induce the stabilization of these complexes on endosomal membranes, an activity that correlates with enhancement of viral replication. ..
- Bresnahan P, Yonemoto W, Ferrell S, Williams Herman D, Geleziunas R, Greene W. A dileucine motif in HIV-1 Nef acts as an internalization signal for CD4 downregulation and binds the AP-1 clathrin adaptor. Curr Biol. 1998;8:1235-8 pubmed..Our findings also reveal an evolutionary difference between HIV-1 and HIV-2/SIV in which the Nef proteins utilize structurally distinct motifs for binding cellular adaptors. ..
- Greenberg M, DeTulleo L, Rapoport I, Skowronski J, Kirchhausen T. A dileucine motif in HIV-1 Nef is essential for sorting into clathrin-coated pits and for downregulation of CD4. Curr Biol. 1998;8:1239-42 pubmed..Thus, the dileucine motif in HIV-1 is required for CD4 downregulation and for interaction with clathrin adaptor complexes. ..
- Berlioz Torrent C, Shacklett B, Erdtmann L, Delamarre L, Bouchaert I, Sonigo P, et al. Interactions of the cytoplasmic domains of human and simian retroviral transmembrane proteins with components of the clathrin adaptor complexes modulate intracellular and cell surface expression of envelope glycoproteins. J Virol. 1999;73:1350-61 pubmed
- Kalthoff C, Groos S, Kohl R, Mahrhold S, Ungewickell E. Clint: a novel clathrin-binding ENTH-domain protein at the Golgi. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:4060-73 pubmed..Our results suggest that Clint might participate in the formation of clathrin-coated vesicles at the level of the trans-Golgi network and remains associated with the vesicles longer than clathrin and adaptors. ..
- Wang D, Li J, Chen P, Hong Y. Upregulation of pronociceptive mediators and downregulation of opioid peptide by adrenomedullin following chronic exposure to morphine in rats. Neuroscience. 2014;280:31-9 pubmed publisher..dorsal horn and DRG neurons but decreased expression of the endogenous opioid peptide bovine adrenal medulla 22 (BAM22) in small- and medium-sized neurons in DRG. Particularly, the co-administration of AM22-52 (35...
- Szpakowska M, Meyrath M, Reynders N, Counson M, Hanson J, Steyaert J, et al. Mutational analysis of the extracellular disulphide bridges of the atypical chemokine receptor ACKR3/CXCR7 uncovers multiple binding and activation modes for its chemokine and endogenous non-chemokine agonists. Biochem Pharmacol. 2018;153:299-309 pubmed publisher..receptors, can respond to chemokines from both the CXC and CC families as well as to the endogenous peptides BAM22 and adrenomedullin...
- Doray B, Kornfeld S. Gamma subunit of the AP-1 adaptor complex binds clathrin: implications for cooperative binding in coated vesicle assembly. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:1925-35 pubmed
- Hirst J, Lindsay M, Robinson M. GGAs: roles of the different domains and comparison with AP-1 and clathrin. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:3573-88 pubmed..Together with results from other studies, our findings suggest that the GGAs act as monomeric adaptors, with the four domains involved in cargo selection, membrane localization, clathrin binding, and accessory protein recruitment. ..
- Peyrard M, Pan H, Kedra D, Fransson I, Swahn S, Hartman K, et al. Structure of the promoter and genomic organization of the human beta'-adaptin gene (BAM22) from chromosome 22q12. Genomics. 1996;36:112-7 pubmed..We previously cloned the human beta'-adaptin gene (BAM22) (GDB symbol, ADTB1) from chromosome 22q12 and proposed its involvement in the development of meningiomas...
- Benichou S, Benmerah A. [The HIV nef and the Kaposi-sarcoma-associated virus K3/K5 proteins: "parasites"of the endocytosis pathway]. Med Sci (Paris). 2003;19:100-6 pubmed..In addition, these viral factors represent valuable tools to study the pathway they are perturbing. ..
- Nakagawa T, Setou M, Seog D, Ogasawara K, Dohmae N, Takio K, et al. A novel motor, KIF13A, transports mannose-6-phosphate receptor to plasma membrane through direct interaction with AP-1 complex. Cell. 2000;103:569-81 pubmed..Functional blockade of KIF13A reduced cell surface expression of the M6PR. Thus, KIF13A transports M6PR-containing vesicles and targets the M6PR from TGN to the plasma membrane via direct interaction with the AP-1 adaptor complex. ..
- Nakano Kobayashi A, Yamazaki M, Unoki T, Hongu T, Murata C, Taguchi R, et al. Role of activation of PIP5Kgamma661 by AP-2 complex in synaptic vesicle endocytosis. EMBO J. 2007;26:1105-16 pubmed..These findings provide evidence for the molecular mechanism through which PIP5Kgamma661 locally generates PI(4,5)P2 in hippocampal neurons and suggest a model in which the interaction trigger SV endocytosis. ..
- Krieger J, Taylor P, Gajadhar A, Guha A, Moran M, McGlade C. Identification and selected reaction monitoring (SRM) quantification of endocytosis factors associated with Numb. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2013;12:499-514 pubmed publisher..Hence, quantitative mass spectrometric analysis of Numb protein-protein interactions has provided new insights into the assembly and regulation of protein complexes important in development and cancer. ..
- Vermeire J, Vanbillemont G, Witkowski W, Verhasselt B. The Nef-infectivity enigma: mechanisms of enhanced lentiviral infection. Curr HIV Res. 2011;9:474-89 pubmed..Hereby we aim to contribute to a better understanding of this highly conserved and therapeutically attractive Nef function. ..
- Lai M, Luo H, Burnett P, Hong J, Snyder S. The calcineurin-binding protein cain is a negative regulator of synaptic vesicle endocytosis. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:34017-20 pubmed
- McMahon H, Wigge P, Smith C. Clathrin interacts specifically with amphiphysin and is displaced by dynamin. FEBS Lett. 1997;413:319-22 pubmed..Dynamin, which interacts with the SH3 domain of Amph2, displaces clathrin from the N-terminus. We propose a model that may explain how clathrin and dynamin are recruited to non-overlapping sites of the coated pit. ..
- Kulpa D, Del Cid N, Peterson K, Collins K. Adaptor protein 1 promotes cross-presentation through the same tyrosine signal in major histocompatibility complex class I as that targeted by HIV-1. J Virol. 2013;87:8085-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide evidence for two separable cross-presentation pathways, only one of which is targeted by HIV...
- Yin X, Warner D, Roberts E, Pisano M, Greene R. Identification of novel CBP interacting proteins in embryonic orofacial tissue. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;329:1010-7 pubmed..The identification of these proteins as novel CBP-binding partners allows exploration of new mechanisms by which CBP regulates and integrates diverse cell signaling pathways. ..
- Carroll J, Liu X, Brodsky A, Li W, Meyer C, Szary A, et al. Chromosome-wide mapping of estrogen receptor binding reveals long-range regulation requiring the forkhead protein FoxA1. Cell. 2005;122:33-43 pubmed..Furthermore, knockdown of FoxA1 expression blocks the association of ER with chromatin and estrogen-induced gene expression demonstrating the necessity of FoxA1 in mediating an estrogen response in breast cancer cells. ..
- Jia X, Weber E, Tokarev A, Lewinski M, Rizk M, Suarez M, et al. Structural basis of HIV-1 Vpu-mediated BST2 antagonism via hijacking of the clathrin adaptor protein complex 1. elife. 2014;3:e02362 pubmed publisher..The ability of Vpu to hijack AP-dependent trafficking pathways suggests a potential common theme for Vpu-mediated downregulation of host proteins.DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.02362.001. ..
- Coleman S, Hitchin D, Noviello C, Guatelli J. HIV-1 Nef stabilizes AP-1 on membranes without inducing ARF1-independent de novo attachment. Virology. 2006;345:148-55 pubmed..We conclude that Nef stabilizes AP complexes on endosomal membranes after ARF1-dependent attachment. This stabilization may facilitate coat formation and stimulate the trafficking of multiple cellular proteins. ..
- Takatsu H, Futatsumori M, Yoshino K, Yoshida Y, Shin H, Nakayama K. Similar subunit interactions contribute to assembly of clathrin adaptor complexes and COPI complex: analysis using yeast three-hybrid system. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;284:1083-9 pubmed
- Shrestha S, Irvin M, Taylor K, Wiener H, Pajewski N, Haritunians T, et al. A genome-wide association study of carotid atherosclerosis in HIV-infected men. AIDS. 2010;24:583-92 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that in the context of HIV infection and HAART, a functional SNP in a biologically plausible candidate gene, RYR3, is associated with increased common carotid IMT, which is a surrogate for atherosclerosis. ..
- Zucman Rossi J, Legoix P, Thomas G. Identification of new members of the Gas2 and Ras families in the 22q12 chromosome region. Genomics. 1996;38:247-54 pubmed..The genomic sequencing of a 40-kb region bounded by the EWS and BAM22 genes and containing a CpG-rich region has identified two new genes in the q12 region of chromosome 22...
- Santos da Silva E, Mulinge M, Perez Bercoff D. The frantic play of the concealed HIV envelope cytoplasmic tail. Retrovirology. 2013;10:54 pubmed publisher..It also considers the cellular and viral proteins that have been described to interact with the gp41-CT, with a particular focus on subtype-related polymorphisms. ..
- Lim D, Kirsch D, Canman C, Ahn J, Ziv Y, Newman L, et al. ATM binds to beta-adaptin in cytoplasmic vesicles. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:10146-51 pubmed..Our data describing the association of ATM with beta-adaptin in vesicles indicate that ATM may play a role in intracellular vesicle and/or protein transport mechanisms. ..
- Herbein G, Varin A, Larbi A, Fortin C, Mahlknecht U, Fulop T, et al. Nef and TNFalpha are coplayers that favor HIV-1 replication in monocytic cells and primary macrophages. Curr HIV Res. 2008;6:117-29 pubmed
- Kim Y, Benovic J. Differential roles of arrestin-2 interaction with clathrin and adaptor protein 2 in G protein-coupled receptor trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:30760-8 pubmed..These mutants should prove useful in better defining the role of arrestins in mediating receptor trafficking. ..
- Kang R, FOLSCH H. ARH cooperates with AP-1B in the exocytosis of LDLR in polarized epithelial cells. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:51-60 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in addition to its role in endocytosis, ARH cooperates with AP-1B in basolateral exocytosis of LDLR from REs. ..
- Laporte S, Oakley R, Zhang J, Holt J, Ferguson S, Caron M, et al. The beta2-adrenergic receptor/betaarrestin complex recruits the clathrin adaptor AP-2 during endocytosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:3712-7 pubmed..These findings point to a role for AP-2 in GPCR endocytosis, and they suggest that AP-2 functions as a clathrin adaptor for the endocytosis of diverse classes of membrane receptors. ..
- Cotton C, Hobert M, Ryan S, Carlin C. Basolateral EGF receptor sorting regulated by functionally distinct mechanisms in renal epithelial cells. Traffic. 2013;14:337-54 pubmed publisher..Fundamental knowledge of basic mechanisms governing EGFR sorting therefore provides new insights into pathogenesis and advances drug discovery for these renal disorders. ..
- Kirchhausen T. Clathrin. Annu Rev Biochem. 2000;69:699-727 pubmed..This review summarizes and illustrates the recent structural results and outlines what is known about coated-vesicle assembly in the context of this information. ..
- Kim Y, Barak L, Caron M, Benovic J. Regulation of arrestin-3 phosphorylation by casein kinase II. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:16837-46 pubmed..Differences between the regulatory roles of arrestin-2 and -3 phosphorylation may contribute to the different cellular functions of these proteins in G protein-coupled receptor signaling and regulation. ..
- Schmidt U, Briese S, Leicht K, Schurmann A, Joost H, Al Hasani H. Endocytosis of the glucose transporter GLUT8 is mediated by interaction of a dileucine motif with the beta2-adaptin subunit of the AP-2 adaptor complex. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2321-31 pubmed
- Takatsu H, Sakurai M, Shin H, Murakami K, Nakayama K. Identification and characterization of novel clathrin adaptor-related proteins. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:24693-700 pubmed..These data suggest that gamma2-adaptin constitute a novel adaptor-related complex that participates in a transport step different from that of AP-1. ..
- Mills I, Praefcke G, Vallis Y, Peter B, Olesen L, Gallop J, et al. EpsinR: an AP1/clathrin interacting protein involved in vesicle trafficking. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:213-22 pubmed
- Austin C, Boehm M, Tooze S. Site-specific cross-linking reveals a differential direct interaction of class 1, 2, and 3 ADP-ribosylation factors with adaptor protein complexes 1 and 3. Biochemistry. 2002;41:4669-77 pubmed
- Peyrard M, Fransson I, Xie Y, Han F, Ruttledge M, Swahn S, et al. Characterization of a new member of the human beta-adaptin gene family from chromosome 22q12, a candidate meningioma gene. Hum Mol Genet. 1994;3:1393-9 pubmed..directed us towards the cloning and characterization of a new member of the human beta-adaptin gene family (named BAM22)...