Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ANKS1B
Description: ankyrin repeat and sterile alpha motif domain containing 1B
Alias: AIDA, AIDA-1, ANKS2, EB-1, EB1, cajalin-2, E2a-Pbx1-associated protein, amyloid-beta precursor protein intracellular domain associated protein 1, ankyrin repeat and sterile alpha motif domain-containing protein 1B, cajalin 2
Publications132 found, 100 shown here
- EB-1, a tyrosine kinase signal transduction gene, is transcriptionally activated in the t(1;19) subset of pre-B ALL, which express oncoprotein E2a-Pbx1X Fu
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Diego, California, USA
Oncogene 18:4920-9. 1999..Potentially, EB-1 overexpression could interfere with normal signaling controlling proliferation or differentiation...
- Amyloid-beta protein precursor (AbetaPP) intracellular domain-associated protein-1 proteins bind to AbetaPP and modulate its processing in an isoform-specific mannerEnrico Ghersi
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 279:49105-12. 2004..We have recently reported the cloning and characterization of different isoforms of AID associated protein-1 (AIDA-1), a novel AID-binding protein...
- The intracellular localization of amyloid beta protein precursor (AbetaPP) intracellular domain associated protein-1 (AIDA-1) is regulated by AbetaPP and alternative splicingEnrico Ghersi
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 6:67-78. 2004..cloning and initial characterization of two isoforms of a novel protein that we named AID Associated protein-1a (AIDA-1a), AIDA-1b and AIDA-1bDeltaAnk...
- Safety of raw meat and shellfish in Vietnam: an analysis of Escherichia coli isolations for antibiotic resistance and virulence genesThi Thu Hao Van
Biotechnology and Environmental Biology, School of Applied Sciences, RMIT University, Bundoora West Campus, Bundoora, Melbourne, VIC 3083, Australia
Int J Food Microbiol 124:217-23. 2008..Virulence genes detected were fimH (92.1%), bmaE (84.2%), TSPE4.C2 (42.1%), aidA AIDA-I (orfB) (31.6%), east1 (26.3%), traT (23.7%), and others including fyuA, iutA, chuA, yjaA, iss, iroN(E...
- [A new diagnostic concept in cardiac pacing for the evaluation of the incidence of atrial arrhythmias. Results of the AIDA study]P Defaye
Clinique Cardiologique et Urgences Cardiologiques, CHU Michallon, Grenoble
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 92:719-26. 1999An international, prospective, multicentre trial (AIDA) was undertaken from October 1995 to March 1997...
- Involvement of spinal neurokinins, excitatory amino acids, proinflammatory cytokines, nitric oxide and prostanoids in pain facilitation induced by Phoneutria nigriventer spider venomEliane Maria Zanchet
Laboratorio de Fisiopatologia, Instituto Butantan, Avenida Vital Brazil, 1500, 05503 900, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Brain Res 1021:101-11. 2004..CGRP8-37) and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA; MK 801 and AP-5), non-NMDA ionotropic (CNQX), or metabotropic (AIDA and MPEP) glutamate receptor antagonists, suggesting the involvement of spinal neurokinins and excitatory amino ..
- The metabotropic glutamate receptors of the vestibular organsP S Guth
Department of Pharmacology, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112 2699, USA
Hear Res 125:154-62. 1998..by the Group I mGluR antagonists (S)-4-carboxyphenylglycine (CPG) and (RS)-1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid (AIDA). Additional pharmacological evidence supported the presence of Group I mGluRs...
- Expression analysis of selected immune-relevant genes in channel catfish during Edwardsiella ictaluri infectionBanu Elibol-Flemming
Department of Basic Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, Mississippi 39762, USA
J Aquat Anim Health 21:23-35. 2009..End-binding protein 1 (EB1), beta1-integrin, natural-resistance-associated macrophage protein (Nramp), heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70), serum ..
- Neurosteroid modulation of neuronal excitability and synaptic transmission in the rat medial vestibular nucleiSilvarosa Grassi
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Human Physiology, University of Perugia, Via del Giochetto, I 06126 Perugia, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 26:23-32. 2007..acid (AP-5)] and group I metabotropic glutamate receptors (mGlu-I) [(R,S)-1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid (AIDA)] receptors...
- Identification of phosphotyrosine binding domain-containing proteins as novel downstream targets of the EphA8 signaling functionJongdae Shin
Department of Biological Science, Sookmyung Women s University, Chungpa dong 2 Ka, Yongsan Ku, Seoul 140 742, South Korea
Mol Cell Biol 27:8113-26. 2007..Here we show that the phosphotyrosine binding (PTB) domain-containing proteins AIDA-1b and Odin are tightly associated with the EphA8 receptor in response to ligand stimulation...
- Cryo-electron tomography of microtubule-kinesin motor complexesJulia Cope
The Boulder Laboratory for 3 D Microscopy of Cells, University of Colorado at Boulder, Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Boulder, CO 80309 0347, USA
J Struct Biol 170:257-65. 2010..with molecular motors of the kinesin family or non-motor microtubule associated proteins (MAPs) such as tau or EB1 have been the subject of cryo-electron microcopy based 3-D studies for several years...
- A novel microtubule-modulating noscapinoid triggers apoptosis by inducing spindle multipolarity via centrosome amplification and declusteringP Karna
Department of Biology, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Cell Death Differ 18:632-44. 2011..of microtubule dynamics was associated with impaired association of microtubule plus-end tracking proteins, such as EB1 and CLIP-170...
- The role of striatal metabotropic glutamate receptors in Parkinson's diseaseK Ossowska
Department of Neuro Psychopharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology, kraksów, Poland
Amino Acids 23:193-8. 2002..Intrastriatal injections of the mGluR1 antagonist, (RS) AIDA (7.5-15 microg/0.5 microl), but not of the agonist of group II mGluRs, 2R,4R-APDC (7.5-15 microg/0...
- Organization of amyloid-beta protein precursor intracellular domain-associated protein-1 in the rat brainAmanda L Jacob
Curriculum in Neurobiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Comp Neurol 518:3221-36. 2010..Amyloid-beta protein precursor intracellular domain-associated protein-1 (AIDA-1), an abundant component of the biochemical postsynaptic density fraction, contains a nuclear localization ..
- Out-patient management of acute myeloid leukemia after consolidation chemotherapy. Role of a hematologic emergency unitC Girmenia
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, University La Sapienza, Via Benevento 6, 00161, Rome, Italy
Haematologica 84:814-9. 1999..The aim of this prospective study was to evaluate feasibility and safety, as well as clinical characteristics, of out-hospital management of AML patients during their post-consolidation phase...
- The dynamic behavior of the APC-binding protein EB1 on the distal ends of microtubulesY Mimori-Kiyosue
Tsukita Cell Axis Project, Exploratory Research for Advanced Technology, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Shimogyo ku, 600 8813, Japan
Curr Biol 10:865-8. 2000..b>EB1, which was identified as an APC-binding protein by yeast two-hybrid analysis , was also reported to be ..
- Length control of the metaphase spindleGohta Goshima
Physiology Course 2004, Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, Massachusetts 02543, USA
Curr Biol 15:1979-88. 2005..Although a number of molecular perturbations have been shown to influence spindle length, a global understanding of the factors that determine metaphase spindle length has not been achieved...
- Kinesin-13 regulates flagellar, interphase, and mitotic microtubule dynamics in Giardia intestinalisScott C Dawson
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California Berkeley, 341 LSA Bldg, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Eukaryot Cell 6:2354-64. 2007..Both green fluorescent protein-tagged kinesin-13 and EB1 (a plus-end tracking protein) localize to the plus ends of mitotic and interphase microtubules, including a novel ..
- Anti-heart and anti-intercalated disk autoantibodies: evidence for autoimmunity in idiopathic recurrent acute pericarditisA L P Caforio
Division of Cardiology, Department of Cardiological, Thoracic and Vascular Sciences, Centro V Gallucci, University of Padova Policlinico, Via Giustiniani, 2, Padova 35128, Italy
Heart 96:779-84. 2010..Objective To assess frequency of serum anti-heart (AHA), anti-intercalated-disk (AIDA) and non-cardiac-specific autoantibodies and their clinical and instrumental correlates in patients with IRAP...
- Evaluation of technetium Tc 99m-labeled biotin for scintigraphic detection of soft tissue inflammation in horsesLauren G Kleine
Department of Clinical Sciences, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
Am J Vet Res 69:639-46. 2008To evaluate the use of technetium Tc 99m-labeled EDTA-biotin monomer ((99m)Tc-EB1) as a scintigraphic imaging agent for soft tissue inflammatory lesions in horses.
- Differential roles of peripheral metabotropic glutamate receptors in bee venom-induced nociception and inflammation in conscious ratsHui Sheng Chen
Department of Neurology, General Hospital of Shen Yang Military Region, Shenyang 110016, PR China
J Pain 11:321-9. 2010..We determined the effects of the group I mGluR antagonist AIDA, the group II mGluR agonist ADPC, and the group III mGluR agonist L-AP4 on BV-induced PSN, mechanical hyperalgesia, ..
- Using micellar mole fractions to assess membrane protein stability in mixed micellesP Sehgal
Department of Life Sciences, Aalborg University, Sohngaardsholmsvej 49, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Biochim Biophys Acta 1716:59-68. 2005..an extensive analysis of the thermal stability of the membrane-integrated domain of the outer membrane protein AIDA in the presence of different mixed micelles...
- EB1 targets to kinetochores with attached, polymerizing microtubulesJennifer S Tirnauer
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Biol Cell 13:4308-16. 2002..The plus end tracking protein EB1 is required both for regulating microtubule dynamics and for maintaining a euploid genome...
- Membrane localization of adenomatous polyposis coli protein at cellular protrusions: targeting sequences and regulation by beta-cateninManisha Sharma
Westmead Institute for Cancer Research, University of Sydney, Westmead Millennium Institute at Westmead Hospital, Westmead, New South Wales 2145, Australia
J Biol Chem 281:17140-9. 2006..This sequence lacks DLG-1 and EB1 binding sites, suggesting that these partners are not absolutely required for APC membrane targeting...
- Dopamine receptors and groups I and II mGluRs cooperate for long-term depression induction in rat prefrontal cortex through converging postsynaptic activation of MAP kinasesS Otani
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie et Neuropharmacologie du Developpement, Institut des Neurosciences, Universite de Paris VI, 75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 19:9788-802. 1999..S)-alpha-methyl-4-carboxyphenylglycine (MCPG; group I and II antagonist), (RS)-1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid (AIDA; group I antagonist), or (RS)-alpha-methylserine-O-phosphate monophenyl ester (MSOPPE; group II antagonist)...
- Roles of metabotropic glutamate receptor subtypes in modulation of pentylenetetrazole-induced seizure activity in miceC Thomsen
Novo Nordisk A S, Health Care Discovery, Måløv, Denmark
Neuropharmacology 37:1465-73. 1998..The group I mGluR antagonist 1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid (AIDA) dose-dependently antagonised PTZ-induced seizures with a mean ED50 value of 465 nmol...
- SOCIC: the store-operated calcium influx complexLuis Vaca
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Instituto de Fisiologia Celular, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, Del Coyoacan, 04510 Mexico, DF, Mexico
Cell Calcium 47:199-209. 2010..calcium influx complex (SOCIC), such as the TRPC1 channel, SERCA and the microtubule end tracking protein, EB1. An orchestrated series of events involving the association and dissociation of several protein complexes culminate ..
- Isolation of the first metallo-beta-lactamase producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in LebanonZ Daoud
Clinical Microbiology Laboratory, Saint George University Hospital, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Balamand, Beirut, Lebanon
Rev Esp Quimioter 21:123-6. 2008A 58 year-old man was admitted to the Saint Joseph Hospital-Raymond and Aida Najjar polyclinic in Beirut on July 17, 2007 to undergo surgery for a moderately differentiated colonic adenocarcinoma (T3N0)...
- Endogenous sulphur-containing amino acids: potent agonists at presynaptic metabotropic glutamate autoreceptors in the rat central nervous systemM J Croucher
Department of Neuroinflammation, Imperial College School of Medicine, Charing Cross Hospital, Fulham Palace Road, London W6 8RF
Br J Pharmacol 133:815-24. 2001..with the inactivity of the selective mGlu1 receptor antagonists, (R,S)-1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid ((R,S)-AIDA; 100 - 500 microM) and the more potent (+)-2-methyl-4-carboxyphenylglycine (LY367385; 10 microM) against these ..
- O-linked glycosylation ensures the normal conformation of the autotransporter adhesin involved in diffuse adherenceMarie Eve Charbonneau
Universite de Montreal, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, 3200 Sicotte, St Hyacinthe, Quebec J2S 7C6, Canada
J Bacteriol 189:8880-9. 2007The Escherichia coli adhesin involved in diffuse adherence (AIDA-I) is one of the few glycosylated proteins found in Escherichia coli...
- Two-methyl-6-phenylethynyl-pyridine (MPEP), a metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 antagonist, with low doses of MK801 and diazepam: a novel approach for controlling status epilepticusFeng Ru Tang
Epilepsy Research Lab, National Neuroscience Institute, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore
Neuropharmacology 53:821-31. 2007..antagonists at 1 or 2h during pilocarpine induced status epilepticus (PISE), we showed that mGluR1 antagonists AIDA or LY367385 (at dosages ranging from 25 to 200mg/kg), mGluR5 antagonists SIB1757 (at dosages ranging from 25 to ..
- Apc1638T: a mouse model delineating critical domains of the adenomatous polyposis coli protein involved in tumorigenesis and developmentR Smits
Medical Genetics Center MGC Department of Human Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Genes Dev 13:1309-21. 1999..In addition, they lack the carboxy-terminal domains that bind to DLG, EB1, and microtubulin...
- Therapy of molecular relapse in acute promyelocytic leukemiaF Lo Coco
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, Universita La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Blood 94:2225-9. 1999..All patients had achieved first molecular remission after the AIDA protocol (all-trans retinoic acid [ATRA] + idarubicin) and were being prospectively monitored by reverse ..
- Regulated binding of adenomatous polyposis coli protein to actinJames B Moseley
Department of Biology and Rosenstiel Basic Medical Sciences Research Center, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02454, USA
J Biol Chem 282:12661-8. 2007..third of APC protein mediates direct interactions with microtubules and the microtubule plus-end tracking protein EB1. In addition, APC has been localized to actin-rich regions of cells, but the mechanism and functional significance ..
- CD56 expression is an indicator of poor clinical outcome in patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia treated with simultaneous all-trans-retinoic acid and chemotherapyF Ferrara
Divisione di Ematologia, Sezione TERE, Servizio di Immunoematologia, Ospedale Cardarelli, Naples, Italy
J Clin Oncol 18:1295-300. 2000..We investigated the prognostic relevance of CD56 in a series of patients with APL who were treated homogeneously with all-trans-retinoic acid (ATRA) and chemotherapy...
- Excimer laser trabeculotomy: a new, minimally invasive procedure for patients with glaucomaSonja Wilmsmeyer
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Freiburg, Killianstrasse 5, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:670-6. 2006..Our purpose was to examine IOP reduction and the use of antiglaucoma drugs (AGD) in patients treated with ELT and to evaluate the safety of this laser treatment...
- Definition of relapse risk and role of nonanthracycline drugs for consolidation in patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia: a joint study of the PETHEMA and GIMEMA cooperative groupsM A Sanz
Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Blood 96:1247-53. 2000..All patients received identical induction (AIDA schedule) and maintenance...
- The microtubule plus end-binding protein EB1 is involved in Sertoli cell plasticity in testicular seminiferous tubulesFubin Wang
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, People s Republic of China
Exp Cell Res 314:213-26. 2008..Moreover, compared to other microtubule plus end-tracking proteins such as CLIP-170 and p150(Glued), EB1 was highly expressed in Sertoli cells and located along microtubule bundles in Sertoli cell processes...
- Enhanced colitis-associated colon carcinogenesis in a novel Apc mutant ratKazuto Yoshimi
Institute of Laboratory Animals, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Yoshidakonoe cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Cancer Sci 100:2022-7. 2009..The truncated APC of the KAD rat was deduced to lack part of the basic domain, an EB1-binding domain, and a PDZ domain, but retained an intact beta-catenin binding region...
- Contribution of microtubule growth polarity and flux to spindle assembly and functioning in plant cellsPankaj Dhonukshe
Section of Molecular Cytology and Centre for Advanced Microscopy, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Kruislaan 316, 1098 SM Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Cell Sci 119:3193-205. 2006..the dynamics of spindle formation in acentrosomal plant cells by visualizing microtubules labelled with GFP-EB1, GFP-MAP4 and GFP-alpha-tubulin and chromosomes marked by the vital dye SYTO82...
- Melanophilin and myosin Va track the microtubule plus end on EB1Xufeng S Wu
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cell Biol 171:201-7. 2005..Data showing that overexpression and short inhibitory RNA knockdown of the +TIP EB1 have opposite effects on Mlp-microtubule interaction, that Mlp interacts directly with EB1, and that deletion from ..
- Centrosome maturation: measurement of microtubule nucleation throughout the cell cycle by using GFP-tagged EB1Michelle Piehl
Department of Biological Sciences, Lehigh University, 111 Research Drive, Bethlehem, PA 18015, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:1584-8. 2004..To view nucleation in living cells, we imaged GFP-tagged EB1, a microtubule tip-binding protein, and determined rates of nucleation by counting the number of EB1-GFP comets ..
- Organization and dynamics of growing microtubule plus ends during early mitosisMichelle Piehl
Department of Biological Sciences, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015, USA
Mol Biol Cell 14:916-25. 2003A stable cell line expressing EB1-green fluorescent protein was used to image growing microtubule plus ends at the G(2)/M transition...
- GIMEMA-AIEOPAIDA protocol for the treatment of newly diagnosed acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL) in childrenAnna Maria Testi
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, Universita La Sapienza, Via Benevento 6, 00161 Rome, Italy
Blood 106:447-53. 2005..per le Malattie Ematologiche dell'Adulto (GIMEMA)-Italian Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Group (AIEOP) "AIDA" (ATRA and idarubicin) trial are presented...
- An influence of ligands of metabotropic glutamate receptor subtypes on parkinsonian-like symptoms and the striatopallidal pathway in ratsK Ossowska
Department of Neuro Psychopharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow, Poland
Amino Acids 32:179-88. 2007..Systemic or intrastriatal administration of group I mGluR antagonists (mGluR5 - MPEP, MTEP; mGluR1 - AIDA) was found to inhibit parkinsonian-like symptoms (catalepsy, muscle rigidity) in rats...
- Misorientation and reduced stretching of aligned sister kinetochores promote chromosome missegregation in EB1- or APC-depleted cellsV M Draviam
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
EMBO J 25:2814-27. 2006..that RNAi-mediated depletion of two kMAPs, the adenomatous polyposis coli protein (APC) and its binding partner, EB1, are unusual in affecting the movement and orientation of paired sister chromatids at the metaphase plate without ..
- Glycosylation with heptose residues mediated by the aah gene product is essential for adherence of the AIDA-I adhesinI Benz
Institut für Infektiologie Zentrum für Molekularbiologie der Entzündung ZMBE, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Germany
Mol Microbiol 40:1403-13. 2001The diffuse adherence of Escherichia coli strain 2787 (O126:H27) is mediated by the autotransporter adhesin AIDA-I (adhesin-involved-in-diffuse-adherence) encoded by the plasmid-borne aidA gene...
- Isolation and identification of AIDA-I receptors in porcine intestinal mucusY Fang
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 52 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7N 5B4
Vet Microbiol 126:345-55. 2008Porcine AIDA-I positive Escherichia coli causes diarrhea in neonatal piglets and AIDA-I adhesin is an important virulence factor involved in intestinal colonization with biofilm formation. This biofilm consists of AIDA-I(+)E...
- Characterization of functional domains of human EB1 family proteinsWen Bu
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 278:49721-31. 2003b>EB1 family proteins are evolutionarily conserved proteins that bind microtubule plus-ends and centrosomes and regulate the dynamics and organization of microtubules...
- Peptide mimics selected from immune sera using phage display technology can replace native antigens in the diagnosis of Epstein-Barr virus infectionJ L Casey
AdAlta Pty Ltd, 15 2 Park Drive, Bundoora, VIC 3083, Australia
Protein Eng Des Sel 22:85-91. 2009..We selected four peptides (Eb1-4) with the highest relative binding affinity with immune rabbit sera and a single peptide with high affinity to ..
- EB1-microtubule interactions in Xenopus egg extracts: role of EB1 in microtubule stabilization and mechanisms of targeting to microtubulesJennifer S Tirnauer
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Biol Cell 13:3614-26. 2002b>EB1 targets to polymerizing microtubule ends, where it is favorably positioned to regulate microtubule polymerization and confer molecular recognition of the microtubule end...
- Examination of Escherichia coli from poultry for selected adhesin genes important in disease caused by mammalian pathogenic E. coliP Stordeur
Departement de Bactériologie et de Pathologie Bactérienne, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Liege, Campus du Sart Tilman, Bât B43a, B4000, Liege, Belgium
Vet Microbiol 84:231-41. 2002..probes specific for fimbrial and afimbrial adhesins (F17, F18, S <Sfa/F1C>, Bfp, Afa, Cs31A, Intimin <Eae>, Aida-1) of intestinal, urinary and invasive E...
- DNA sequences coding for the F18 fimbriae and AIDA adhesin are localised on the same plasmid in Escherichia coli isolates from pigletsJacques G Mainil
Chaire de Bactériologie et de Pathologie des Maladies Bactériennes, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Liege, Liege, Belgium
Vet Microbiol 86:303-11. 2002The adhesin-involved-in-diffuse-adherence (AIDA) afimbrial adhesin is produced by human, but not by animal, Escherichia coli, with the exception of German porcine verotoxigenic Escherichia coli (VTEC) [Clin. Diagn. Lab. Immunol...
- Allelic inhibition of displacement activity: a simplified one tube allele-specific PCR for evaluation of ITPA polymorphismsE Galmozzi
First Division of Gastroenterology, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Virol Methods 187:271-3. 2013..allele discrimination polymerase chain reaction (PCR) assay named allelic inhibition of displacement activity (AIDA) for evaluation of ITPA polymorphisms...
- Reconstitution of dynamic microtubules with Drosophila XMAP215, EB1, and SentinWenjing Li
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8602, Japan
J Cell Biol 199:849-62. 2012..In Drosophila melanogaster S2 cells, three MT tip-localizing proteins, Msps/XMAP215, EB1, and Sentin (an EB1 cargo protein), have been identified as being critical for accelerating MT growth and promoting ..
- EB1 acetylation by P300/CBP-associated factor (PCAF) ensures accurate kinetochore-microtubule interactions in mitosisPeng Xia
Anhui Key Laboratory of Cellular Dynamics and Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Nanoscale, University of Science and Technology of China School of Life Sciences, Hefei 230027, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:16564-9. 2012..acetyltransferase, acts as a negative modulator of microtubule stability through acetylation of EB1, a protein that controls the plus ends of microtubules...
- The anxiolytic-like activity of AIDA (1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid), an mGLu 1 receptor antagonistA Kłodzińska
Department of New Drugs Research, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 55:113-26. 2004In the present study we examined the effects of 1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid (AIDA), regarded as a selective and competitive mGluR1 antagonist, in animal models of anxiety. Diazepam (1-10 mg/kg) was used as a reference drug...
- Infrared optical constants of crystalline sodium chloride dihydrate: application to study the crystallization of aqueous sodium chloride solution droplets at low temperaturesRobert Wagner
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology KIT, Institute for Meteorology and Climate Research IMK AAF, Hermann von Helmholtz Platz 1, D 76344 Eggenstein Leopoldshafen, Germany
J Phys Chem A 116:8557-71. 2012..from crystallization experiments with airborne particles performed in the large coolable aerosol and cloud chamber AIDA at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology...
- Chronic ethanol up-regulates the synaptic expression of the nuclear translational regulatory protein AIDA-1 in primary hippocampal neuronsPatrick J Mulholland
Department of Neurosciences, 67 President Street, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Alcohol 46:569-76. 2012..One such translational regulatory protein of the postsynaptic density (PSD) is AIDA-1d, which binds to PSD-95 via its C-terminus...
- Identification and mechanism of evolution of new alleles coding for the AIDA-I autotransporter of porcine pathogenic Escherichia coliJean Philippe Côté
Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:4597-605. 2012..The autotransporter adhesin involved in diffuse adherence (AIDA-I) is an outer membrane protein of Escherichia coli, which allows binding to epithelial cells as well as the ..
- Metabotropic glutamate receptor antagonist AIDA blocks induction of mossy fiber-CA3 LTP in vivoKenira J Thompson
University of Texas at San Antonio, Department of Biology, 6900 N Loop 1604 West, San Antonio, TX 78249, USA
J Neurophysiol 93:2668-73. 2005..in memory mechanisms, we examined the function of the mGluR-I antagonist 1-aminoindan-1, 5-dicarboxylic acid (AIDA) on the induction of mossy fiber-CA3 LTP in vivo in male Sprague Dawley and Fischer 344 (F344) rats...
- A single mutation in the Japanese encephalitis virus E protein (S123R) increases its growth rate in mouse neuroblastoma cells and its pathogenicity in miceShigeru Tajima
Department of Virology 1, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1 23 1 Toyama, Shinjuku, Tokyo 162 8640, Japan
Virology 396:298-304. 2010..To identify the determinants of its growth nature and pathogenicity, we produced intertypic viruses, rJEV(EB1-M41), rJEV(nEB1-M41) and rJEV(cEB1-M41), which contained the entire, the N-terminal, and the C-terminal half, ..
- The APC-associated protein EB1 associates with components of the dynactin complex and cytoplasmic dynein intermediate chainL Berrueta
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachussetts 02115, USA
Curr Biol 9:425-8. 1999Human EB1 is a highly conserved protein that binds to the carboxyl terminus of the human adenomatous polyposis coli (APC) tumor suppressor protein , a domain of APC that is commonly deleted in colorectal neoplasia ...
- Migration and actin protrusion in melanoma cells are regulated by EB1 proteinJoseph M Schober
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Southern Illinois University School of Pharmacy, 220 University Park Drive, Edwardsville, IL 62026, USA
Cancer Lett 284:30-6. 2009..We show a microtubule end-binding protein, EB1, is required for formation of polarize morphology and motility of melanoma cells...
- Autoprocessing of the Escherichia coli AIDA-I autotransporter: a new mechanism involving acidic residues in the junction regionMarie Eve Charbonneau
Canada Research Chair on Bacterial Animal Diseases, Universite de Montreal, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, 3200 Sicotte, St Hyacinthe, Quebec J2S 7C6, Canada
J Biol Chem 284:17340-51. 2009The cleavage of the autotransporter adhesin involved in diffuse adherence (AIDA-I) of Escherichia coli yields a membrane-embedded fragment, AIDAc, and an extracellular fragment, the mature AIDA-I adhesin...
- Microtubule plus-end tracking by CLIP-170 requires EB1Ram Dixit
Department of Physiology and Pennsylvania Muscle Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:492-7. 2009..We reconstituted the +TIP tracking of mammalian proteins EB1 and CLIP-170 in vitro at single-molecule resolution using time-lapse total internal reflection fluorescence ..
- Visualizing the store-operated channel complex assembly in real time: identification of SERCA2 as a new memberAlicia Sampieri
Instituto de Fisiologia Celular, Departamento de Biologia Celular, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, Mexico, DF 04510, Mexico
Cell Calcium 45:439-46. 2009..stores replenished) STIM1 travels continuously through the ER associated to the microtubule tracking protein, EB1. Upon depletion of the ER STIM1 dissociates from EB1 and aggregates into macromolecular complexes at the ER which ..
- Activity Increase Despite Arthritis (AIDA): design of a Phase II randomised controlled trial evaluating an active management booklet for hip and knee osteoarthritis [ISRCTN24554946]Nefyn H Williams
Department of Primary Care and Public Health, Cardiff University, School of Medicine, North Wales Clinical School, Gwenfro Units 6 7, Wrexham Technology Park, LL13 7YP, UK
BMC Fam Pract 10:62. 2009..A booklet has been developed for patients with hip or knee osteoarthritis. It focuses on changing disadvantageous beliefs and encouraging increased physical activity...
- Dendrites differ from axons in patterns of microtubule stability and polymerization during developmentKatherine M Kollins
Department of Biology, Whitman College, Walla Walla, WA 99362, USA
Neural Dev 4:26. 2009....
- Identification of novel putative virulence factors, adhesin AIDA and type VI secretion system, in atypical strains of fish pathogenic Edwardsiella tarda by genomic subtractive hybridizationTakamitsu Sakai
National Research Institute of Aquaculture, Fisheries Research Agency, 422 1 Nakatsuhamaura, Minami Ise, Mie 516 0193, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 53:131-9. 2009..showed homology to potential virulence factors were isolated from atypical strains: the autotransporter adhesin AIDA and a component of T6SS...
- Local antagonism of intertrigeminal region metabotropic glutamate receptors exacerbates apneic responses to intravenous serotoninMilan Stoiljkovic
Center for Narcolepsy, Sleep and Health Research, Colleges of Nursing and Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago M C 802, 845 S Damen Avenue, Chicago, IL 60612, United States
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 165:137-42. 2009..In anesthetized adult male rats (N=20; Sprague-Dawley) AIDA (1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid), a specific antagonist of the type 1 metabotropic glutamate receptor (mGlu1R), ..
- MOR1, the Arabidopsis thaliana homologue of Xenopus MAP215, promotes rapid growth and shrinkage, and suppresses the pausing of microtubules in vivoEiko Kawamura
Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z4
J Cell Sci 121:4114-23. 2008..Dynamic events were tracked in live cells expressing either GFP-tagged beta-tubulin or the plus end tracking EB1. Microtubule growth and shrinkage velocities were both dramatically reduced in mor1-1 at 31 degrees C and the ..
- Adherence of Escherichia coli O157:H7 mutants in vitro and in ligated pig intestinesXianhua Yin
Guelph Food Research Centre, Ontario, Canada
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:4975-83. 2009..Therefore, mutants of vt2 and segments of OI-7 and genes aidA(15) (gene from OI-15) and aidA(48) (gene from OI-48) were generated and evaluated for adherence in vitro to ..
- Post-hatch oral estrogen in zebra finches (Taeniopygia guttata): is infertility due to disrupted testes morphology or reduced copulatory behavior?Johanna R Rochester
Department of Animal Science, University of California, Davis, USA
Physiol Behav 101:13-21. 2010..nestlings were orally dosed with estradiol benzoate (at 1, 10, or 100 nmol/g BW per day, post-hatch days 5 to 11 [EB1, EB10, and EB100, respectively])...
- STb and AIDA-I: the missing link?J Daniel Dubreuil
Departement de Pathologie et Microbiologie, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
Crit Rev Microbiol 36:212-20. 2010..With the recent recognition of a new adhesin, originally found in human E. coli isolates, named AIDA (adhesin involved in diffuse adherence) and its association with new E...
- Modulation of transcription and characterization of the promoter organization of the autotransporter adhesin heptosyltransferase and the autotransporter adhesin AIDA-IInga Benz
Institut für Infektiologie, Zentrum fur Molekularbiologie der Entzundung, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Microbiology 156:1155-66. 2010..The glycosylated autotransporter adhesin involved in diffuse adherence (AIDA)-I system consists of the aah gene, encoding a specific autotransporter adhesin heptosyltransferase (AAH), and the ..
- Acute promyelocytic leukemia in patients aged over 60 years: multicenter experience of 34 consecutive unselected patientsFelicetto Ferrara
Via Nicolò Piccinni 6, 80128, Napoli, Italy
Anticancer Res 30:967-71. 2010..All patients were programmed to receive the GIMEMA AIDA protocol, based on all transretinoic acid as induction followed by chemotherapy as consolidation...
- Incorporating a generic model of subcutaneous insulin absorption into the AIDA v4 diabetes simulator. 3. Early plasma insulin determinationsEldon D Lehmann
Department of Imaging MRU, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine NHLI, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Diabetes Sci Technol 3:190-201. 2009b>AIDA is an interactive educational diabetes simulator that has been available without charge via the Internet for over 12 years...
- Laminin-based cell adhesion anchors microtubule plus ends to the epithelial cell basal cortex through LL5alpha/betaAzusa Hotta
KAN Research Institute, Inc, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
J Cell Biol 189:901-17. 2010LL5beta has been identified as a microtubule-anchoring factor that attaches EB1/CLIP-associating protein (CLASP)-bound microtubule plus ends to the cell cortex...
- Front-line treatment of acute promyelocytic leukemia with AIDA induction followed by risk-adapted consolidation for adults younger than 61 years: results of the AIDA-2000 trial of the GIMEMA GroupFrancesco Lo-Coco
Department of Biopathology, University Tor Vergata of Rome, Via Montpellier 1, Rome, Italy
Blood 116:3171-9. 2010..categories in patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL) receiving all-trans retinoic and idarubicin (AIDA)-like therapies, the Gruppo Italiano Malattie Ematologiche dell'Adulto (GIMEMA) designed a protocol for newly ..
- Probing interactions between CLIP-170, EB1, and microtubulesKamlesh K Gupta
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
J Mol Biol 395:1049-62. 2010..Previous work has shown that CLIP-170 binds to end-binding protein 1 (EB1) via the EB1 C-terminus, which mimics the acidic C-terminal tail of tubulin...
- Dynamics of Kv1 channel transport in axonsYuanzheng Gu
Department of Neuroscience and Center for Molecular Neurobiology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e11931. 2010..Suppressing the Kvbeta2-associated protein, plus-end binding protein EB1 or kinesin II/KIF3A, by siRNA, significantly decreased the velocity of YFP-Kv1.2 moving puncta in both directions...
- Kif18B interacts with EB1 and controls astral microtubule length during mitosisJane R Stout
Medical Sciences Program, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Mol Biol Cell 22:3070-80. 2011..two-hybrid screen identified an interaction of the C-terminal domain of Kif18B with the plus-end MT-binding protein EB1. EB1 knockdown disrupted Kif18B targeting to MT plus ends, indicating that EB1/Kif18B interaction is ..
- Structuring and extracting knowledge for the support of hypothesis generation in molecular biologyMarco Roos
Informatics Institute, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, 1098 SJ, The Netherlands
BMC Bioinformatics 10:S9. 2009..While some tools provide complete solutions that limit the control over the modeling and extraction processes, we seek a methodology that supports control by the experimenter over these critical processes...
- Activation of group I mGlu receptors contributes to facilitation of NMDA receptor membrane current in spinal dorsal horn neurons after hind paw inflammation in ratsKun Yang
Department of Neural and Pain Sciences, School of Dentistry and Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 670:509-18. 2011..NMDA-induced current was enhanced in the inflamed rats, compared to naïve rats and this effect was attenuated by AIDA (1 mM), a group I mGlu receptor antagonist...
- Treatment of Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia with AIDA Based Regimen. Update of a Tunisian Single Center StudyRamzi Jeddi
Hematology Department, Aziza Othmana University Hospital, Tunis, Tunisia
Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis 3:e2011033. 2011..011) and was significantly associated with high BMI (p=0.003). With a median follow-up of 50 months, 5 year cumulative incidence of relapse, event free and overall survival were 4.7%, 74% and 78%, respectively...
- EB1 is required for spindle symmetry in mammalian mitosisAnke Brüning-Richardson
Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e28884. 2011Most information about the roles of the adenomatous polyposis coli protein (APC) and its binding partner EB1 in mitotic cells has come from siRNA studies...
- Differential regulation of mature and precursor microRNA expression by NMDA and metabotropic glutamate receptor activation during LTP in the adult dentate gyrus in vivoKarin Wibrand
Department of Biomedicine and Bergen Mental Health Research Center, University of Bergen, Jonas Lies vei 91, N 5009 Bergen, Norway
Eur J Neurosci 31:636-45. 2010..of the group 1 metabotropic glutamate receptor (mGluR) antagonist, (RS)-1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid (AIDA). AIDA had no effect on LTP induction or maintenance, but blocked activity-dependent depotentiation of LTP...
- The adenomatous polyposis coli-binding protein EB1 is associated with cytoplasmic and spindle microtubulesL Berrueta
Division of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:10596-601. 1998The evolutionarily conserved protein EB1 originally was identified by its physical association with the carboxyl-terminal portion of the adenomatous polyposis coli (APC) tumor suppressor protein, an APC domain commonly mutated in ..
- CLASP1 and CLASP2 bind to EB1 and regulate microtubule plus-end dynamics at the cell cortexYuko Mimori-Kiyosue
KAN Research Institute, Kyoto Research Park, Shimogyo ku, Kyoto 600 8815, Japan
J Cell Biol 168:141-53. 2005..We demonstrate that the middle part of CLASPs binds directly to EB1 and to MTs...
- British Diabetic Association review of the AIDA v4 diabetes software simulator programEldon D Lehmann
Academic Department of Radiology, Barts and The London NHS Trust, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Diabetes Technol Ther 6:87-96. 2004b>AIDA is a diabetes-computing program freely available from www.2aida.org on the Web...
- Microtubule plus-end dynamics in Xenopus egg extract spindlesJennifer S Tirnauer
Woods Hole Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, Massachusetts 02543, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:1776-84. 2004..To measure plus-end polymerization rates and localize growing plus ends, we used fluorescence confocal imaging of EB1. This revealed plus-end polymerization throughout the spindle at approximately 11 microm/min, similar to astral ..
- Site-specific translocation and evidence of postnatal origin of the t(1;19) E2A-PBX1 fusion in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaJoseph L Wiemels
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:15101-6. 2002....
- Dictyostelium EB1 is a genuine centrosomal component required for proper spindle formationMarkus Rehberg
Adolf Butenandt Institut Zellbiologie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, D 80336 Munich, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 13:2301-10. 2002b>EB1 proteins are ubiquitous microtubule-associated proteins involved in microtubule search and capture, regulation of microtubule dynamics, cell polarity, and chromosome stability...
- Effects of metabotropic glutamate receptor agonists and antagonists on D-aspartate release from mouse cerebral cortical and striatal slicesR Janáky
Brain Research Center, University of Tampere Medical School, Finland
Neurochem Res 26:1217-24. 2001..The group I antagonist (RS)-1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid (AIDA) had no effect on the basal release in either preparation but enhanced the L-glutamate-evoked release and inhibited ..
- A specific lysine in c-Jun is required for transcriptional repression by E1A and is acetylated by p300R G Vries
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Leiden University Medical Center, Wassenaarseweg 72, 2333 AL Leiden, The Netherlands
EMBO J 20:6095-103. 2001..for c-Jun, as E1A does not repress the collagenase promoter activated by the homologous transcription factor EB1. Using chimeras of c-Jun and EB1, we demonstrate that a 12 amino acid region in the basic region of the c-Jun DNA-..
- Critical role for the EB1 and APC interaction in the regulation of microtubule polymerizationM Nakamura
Cancer Biology Program, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Curr Biol 11:1062-7. 2001Human EB1 was originally cloned as a protein that interacts with the COOH terminus of adenomatous polyposis coli (APC). Interestingly, this interaction is often disrupted in colon cancer, due to mutations in APC...
- A cytokinesis checkpoint requiring the yeast homologue of an APC-binding proteinL Muhua
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Nature 393:487-91. 1998..One mutation lies in the gene encoding the yeast homologue of EB1, a human protein that binds the adenomatous polyposis coli (APC) protein, a tumour suppressor...
- Isolation and characterization of anaerobic ethylbenzene dehydrogenase, a novel Mo-Fe-S enzymeH A Johnson
Environmental Engineering and Science, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 4020, USA
J Bacteriol 183:4536-42. 2001The first step in anaerobic ethylbenzene mineralization in denitrifying Azoarcus sp. strain EB1 is the oxidation of ethylbenzene to (S)-(-)-1-phenylethanol...
- Effects of intra-vestibular nucleus injection of the group I metabotropic glutamate receptor antagonist AIDA on vestibular compensation in guinea pigsC M Gliddon
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago Medical School, Dunedin, New Zealand
Exp Brain Res 134:74-80. 2000..The selective group I mGluR antagonist (RS)-1-aminoindan-1,5,dicarboxylic acid (AIDA) was continuously infused into the ipsilateral VNC for 30-min pre-UVD and 30-min post-UVD by cannula, at a rate of ..
- Characterization and expression of an EB1 protein in Ictalurus punctatus neutrophilsY Qian
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599, USA
Dev Comp Immunol 24:741-50. 2000We have identified an EB1 gene (CfEB1) and protein in channel catfish neutrophils. The complete cDNA sequence is 1725 bp and the putative protein is composed of 258 amino acids...
- Structure and Dynamics of CAP-GLY: Microtubule Assemblies by Solid-State NMRJOHN CHARLES WILLIAMS; Fiscal Year: 2010..and dynamics of CAP-Gly domain of dynactin and of its macromolecular assemblies with the microtubules and with EB1 protein...
- Dynamic Interactions of the CytoskeletonERIKA HOLZBAUR; Fiscal Year: 2007..to anchor dynein to adherens junctions, where the motor can can interact with microtubule-plus end proteins such as EB1, CLIP-115, and BPAG-1 (shortstop), and capture and tether microtubule plus ends...
- THE CYTOSKELETON AND CELL CYCLE OF YEASTJohn Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2005..This checkpoint depends on the protein EBI. Our studies on how EB1 functions in cells suggest hypotheses for how the checkpoint is activated...
- Determining the spindle dynamics regulatory network with an integrated approachAo Ma; Fiscal Year: 2010..along this direction is the recent identification of a network of five regulatory proteins (KLP59C, KLP67A, Mast, EB1 and Msps) that governs kinetochore MT (kMT) plus-end dynamics during metaphase...
- T CELL ACTIVATION AND CRYPT CELL APOPTOSISTerrence Barrett; Fiscal Year: 2003..assessment of the mechanisms involved in these pathways will yield new information applicable to IBVD, GVHD, and AIDA enteropathy as well as cancer pathogenesis where a failure in crypt cell apoptosis is involved in early malignant ..
- FUNCTION OF THE NOVEL PROTEIN EB1JENNIFER TIRNAUER; Fiscal Year: 2003..One of APC's known binding partners is EB1, product of a gene found by the yeast two hybrid interaction trap using APC as bait...
- REGULATION OF NEURONAL SYNAPTIC COMPONENTSMichele Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2009..that APC'S interactions with three essential postsynaptic components: microtubule plus end binding protein-1 (EB1), beta-catenin and postsynaptic density protein-93 (PSD-93) mediate these essential aspects of synapse formation...
- REGULATION OF NEURONAL SYNAPTIC COMPONENTSMichele Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2007..posit that APC'S interactions with three essential postsynaptic components: microtubule plus end binding protein-1 (EB1), beta-catenin and postsynaptic density protein-93 (PSD-93) mediate these essential aspects of synapse formation...
- Light-activated proteolysis as a tool to analyze intracellular protein functionTorsten Wittmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..test our approach by generating protease-sensitive versions of two multi-domain cytoskeleton proteins, talin and EB1, and by constructing a protease-sensitive kinase domain to demonstrate feasibility and versatility...
- Regulation of Microtubules by Rho GTPasesGREGG GUNDERSEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..We identified mDia, EB1, APC, GSK3beta and novel PKCs as factors working downstream of Rho and two separate pathways working downstream of ..
- Regulation of Microtubules by Rho GTPasesGREGG GUNDERSEN; Fiscal Year: 2009..We identified mDia, EB1, APC, GSK30 and novel PKCs as factors working downstream of Rho and two separate pathways working downstream of ..
- ACTIN AND MICROTUBULE-BASED MECHANISMS FOR FUNCTIONS OF NK LYMPHOID CELLSJohn A Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2010..be necessary for the capture of dynamic microtubule plus ends at the lytic synapse, acting in concert with APC and EB1. We will investigate the molecular mechanisms that underlie microtubule capture, using a combination of molecular ..
- Regulation of the kinetochore-microtuble interfaceWalter Gall; Fiscal Year: 2006..Preliminary data from my yeast studies suggest Aurora B regulates another MT-associated protein Dim1 (human EB1). EB1 proteins are known to bind and promote stability of plus-end kMTs...
- FUNCTION OF THE NOVEL PROTEIN EB1JENNIFER TIRNAUER; Fiscal Year: 2002..Several microtubule tip binding proteins have recently been identified. One of these is EB1, the protein on which the K08 proposal referenced above is based...
- Regulation of EBV reactivationPaul Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2007..primary initiator of the EBV lytic cycle is the immediate early protein Zta (also referred to as ZEBRA, BZLF1, and EB1)...
- Regulation of EBV reactivationPaul M Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2010..primary initiator of the EBV lytic cycle is the immediate early protein Zta (also referred to as ZEBRA, BZLF1, and EB1)...
- Polarity establishment during neuronal migrationHolden Higginbotham; Fiscal Year: 2007..GTPases Cdc42, Rac1, and RhoA, their effector protein IQGAP1, and +TIP microtubule (MT) tracking proteins EB1, CLIP-170 and APC...
- Interactions between CLIP-170 and tubulinHolly Goodson; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular architecture, function and biogenesis of the ventral disc in Giardia inScott Dawson; Fiscal Year: 2009..The research proposed here directly investigates the attachment mechanism of Giardia, and will offer additional targets for drug discovery. Specifically we investigate the function of the "ventral disc" a suction cup-like structure. ..