Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ANKRD2
Description: ankyrin repeat domain 2
Alias: ARPP, ankyrin repeat domain-containing protein 2, ankyrin repeat domain 2 (stretch responsive muscle), skeletal muscle ankyrin repeat protein
- Belgrano A, Rakicevic L, Mittempergher L, Campanaro S, Martinelli V, Mouly V, et al. Multi-tasking role of the mechanosensing protein Ankrd2 in the signaling network of striated muscle. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25519 pubmed publisherb>Ankrd2 (also known as Arpp) together with Ankrd1/CARP and DARP are members of the MARP mechanosensing proteins that form a complex with titin (N2A)/calpain 3 protease/myopalladin...
- Cenni V, Bavelloni A, Beretti F, Tagliavini F, Manzoli L, Lattanzi G, et al. Ankrd2/ARPP is a novel Akt2 specific substrate and regulates myogenic differentiation upon cellular exposure to H(2)O(2). Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2946-56 pubmed publisher..A Scansite database search predicted Ankrd2 (Ankyrin repeat domain protein 2, also known as ARPP) as a novel substrate of Akt...
- Zhu J, Zhang D, Tang H, Zhao G. Structure relationship of non-covalent interactions between phenolic acids and arabinan-rich pectic polysaccharides from rapeseed meal. Int J Biol Macromol. 2018;120:2597-2603 pubmed publisher..interactions between phenolic acids (PAs) and an arabinan-rich pectic polysaccharide from rapeseed meal (ARPP) was explored. Native RAPP and its hydrolysates as well as twenty-seven structurally diversified PAs were applied...
- Andres F, Iamele L, Meyer T, Stüber J, Kast F, Gherardi E, et al. Inhibition of the MET Kinase Activity and Cell Growth in MET-Addicted Cancer Cells by Bi-Paratopic Linking. J Mol Biol. 2019;: pubmed publisher..MET-specific bi-paratopic DARPins may represent a novel and potent strategy for therapeutic targeting of MET and other receptors, and this study has elucidated their mode of action. ..
- Vaira A, Lim H, Bauchan G, Gulbronson C, Miozzi L, Vinals N, et al. The interaction of Lolium latent virus major coat protein with ankyrin repeat protein NbANKr redirects it to chloroplasts and modulates virus infection. J Gen Virol. 2018;99:730-742 pubmed publisher..Silencing of NbANKr has no obvious effect on plant phenotype, but is able to interfere with LoLV infection, opening the way for a new strategy for virus infection control. ..
- Schwill M, Tamaskovic R, Gajadhar A, Kast F, White F, Plückthun A. Systemic analysis of tyrosine kinase signaling reveals a common adaptive response program in a HER2-positive breast cancer. Sci Signal. 2019;12: pubmed publisher..These findings reveal potential targets to prevent adaptive resistance to HER2-targeted therapies. ..
- Bruchova Votavova H, Yoon D, Prchal J. miR-451 enhances erythroid differentiation in K562 cells. Leuk Lymphoma. 2010;51:686-93 pubmed publisher..Microarray data suggested potential targets regulated by miR-451: UBE2H, ARPP-19; and by miR-150: MS4A3, AGA, PTPRR...
- Sakkhachornphop S, Hadpech S, Wisitponchai T, Panto C, Kantamala D, Utaipat U, et al. Broad-Spectrum Antiviral Activity of an Ankyrin Repeat Protein on Viral Assembly against Chimeric NL4-3 Viruses Carrying Gag/PR Derived from Circulating Strains among Northern Thai Patients. Viruses. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..It supports the possibility of ankyrin-based therapy as a broad alternative therapeutic molecule for HIV-1 gene therapy in the future. ..
- Kummer L, Parizek P, Rube P, Millgramm B, Prinz A, Mittl P, et al. Structural and functional analysis of phosphorylation-specific binders of the kinase ERK from designed ankyrin repeat protein libraries. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2248-57 pubmed publisher..This strategy of creating activation-state-specific sensors and kinase-specific inhibitors may add to the repertoire to investigate intracellular signaling in real time. ..
- Shen L, Chen C, Wei X, Li X, Luo G, Zhang J, et al. Overexpression of ankyrin repeat domain 1 enhances cardiomyocyte apoptosis by promoting p53 activation and mitochondrial dysfunction in rodents. Clin Sci (Lond). 2015;128:665-78 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that overexpression of Ankrd1 exacerbates pathological cardiac dysfunction through enhancement of cardiomyocyte apoptosis mediated by the up-regulation of p53. ..
- Guryev E, Volodina N, Shilyagina N, Gudkov S, Balalaeva I, Volovetskiy A, et al. Radioactive (90Y) upconversion nanoparticles conjugated with recombinant targeted toxin for synergistic nanotheranostics of cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:9690-9695 pubmed publisher..When both therapeutic agents were combined into UCNP-R-T, the synergetic effect increased markedly, ∼2200-fold, resulting in IC50 = 0.0024 μg/mL. The combined therapy with UCNP-R-T was demonstrated in vivo. ..
- Tamura K, Ohbayashi N, Maruta Y, Kanno E, Itoh T, Fukuda M. Varp is a novel Rab32/38-binding protein that regulates Tyrp1 trafficking in melanocytes. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:2900-8 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we propose that Varp functions as the Rab32/38 effector that controls trafficking of Tyrp1 in melanocytes. ..
- Brauchle M, Hansen S, Caussinus E, Lenard A, Ochoa Espinosa A, Scholz O, et al. Protein interference applications in cellular and developmental biology using DARPins that recognize GFP and mCherry. Biol Open. 2014;3:1252-61 pubmed publisher..Specific protein binders can thus be selected in vitro and used to reprogram developmental systems in vivo directly at the protein level, thereby bypassing some limitations of approaches that function at the DNA or the RNA level. ..
- Song H, Pan J, Liu Y, Wen H, Wang L, Cui J, et al. Increased ARPP-19 expression is associated with hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Mol Sci. 2014;16:178-92 pubmed publisherThe cAMP-regulated phosphoprotein 19 (ARPP-19) plays a key role in cell mitotic G2/M transition...
- Bogomolovas J, Brohm K, ÄŒelutkienÄ— J, BalÄiÅ«naitÄ— G, BironaitÄ— D, BukelskienÄ— V, et al. Induction of Ankrd1 in Dilated Cardiomyopathy Correlates with the Heart Failure Progression. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:273936 pubmed publisher..Expression patterns of 8 mechanoptotic machinery-associated titin ligands (ANKRD1, ANKRD2, TRIM63, TRIM55, NBR1, MLP, FHL2, and TCAP) were quantitated in endomyocardial biopsies from 25 patients with ..
- Zhang D, Zhu J, Ye F, Zhao G. Non-covalent interaction between ferulic acid and arabinan-rich pectic polysaccharide from rapeseed meal. Int J Biol Macromol. 2017;103:307-315 pubmed publisherThe sorption capacity of arabinan-rich pectic polysaccharide (ARPP) onto ferulic acid (FA) was investigated using equilibrium dialysis assays. UV and FT-IR spectra showed that FA was successfully adsorbed by ARPP...
- Verdurmen W, LuginbÃ¼hl M, Honegger A, PlÃ¼ckthun A. Efficient cell-specific uptake of binding proteins into the cytoplasm through engineered modular transport systems. J Control Release. 2015;200:13-22 pubmed publisher..We found that the cargo must not exceed a threshold thermodynamic stability for anthrax pores, which can be addressed by engineering, while the ETA pathway does not appear to have this restriction. ..
- McGough I, Steinberg F, Gallon M, Yatsu A, Ohbayashi N, Heesom K, et al. Identification of molecular heterogeneity in SNX27-retromer-mediated endosome-to-plasma-membrane recycling. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:4940-53 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data reveal hidden complexities in retromer-mediated sorting and open up new directions in our molecular understanding of this essential sorting complex. ..
- Noel E, Kang M, Adamec J, Van Etten J, Oyler G. Chlorovirus Skp1-binding ankyrin repeat protein interplay and mimicry of cellular ubiquitin ligase machinery. J Virol. 2014;88:13798-810 pubmed publisher..These findings may also further understanding of the evolution of other large DNA viruses, like poxviruses, that are reported to share the same monophyly lineage as chloroviruses. ..
- Huby A, Mendsaikhan U, Takagi K, Martherus R, Wansapura J, Gong N, et al. Disturbance in Z-disk mechanosensitive proteins induced by a persistent mutant myopalladin causes familial restrictive cardiomyopathy. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;64:2765-76 pubmed publisher..Down-regulation of Carp and up-regulation of Mlp and desmin appear to augment fibrotic restrictive remodeling, and reduced Erk1/2 levels blunt a hypertrophic response in Mypn(WT/Q526X) hearts. ..
- Porter I, Schleicher K, Porter M, Swedlow J. Bod1 regulates protein phosphatase 2A at mitotic kinetochores. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2677 pubmed publisher..Two proteins, Ensa and Arpp-19, were recently identified as specific inhibitors of PP2A-B55 and are critical for allowing full activity of Cdk1/..
- Lehman S, Noriea N, Aistleitner K, Clark T, Dooley C, Nair V, et al. The Rickettsial Ankyrin Repeat Protein 2 Is a Type IV Secreted Effector That Associates with the Endoplasmic Reticulum. MBio. 2018;9: pubmed publisher..Recognition of those rickettsial factors associated with virulence will facilitate understanding of regional and strain-specific variation in severity of disease. ..
- Goldstein R, Sosabowski J, Livanos M, Leyton J, Vigor K, Bhavsar G, et al. Development of the designed ankyrin repeat protein (DARPin) G3 for HER2 molecular imaging. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2015;42:288-301 pubmed publisher..Radiolabelled DARPin (HE)3-G3 is a versatile radioligand with potential to allow the acquisition of whole-body HER2 scans on the day of administration. ..
- Oude Blenke E, Klaasse G, Merten H, PlÃ¼ckthun A, Mastrobattista E, Martin N. Liposome functionalization with copper-free "click chemistry". J Control Release. 2015;202:14-20 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the absence of copper in the reaction process should also make this approach much more compatible with cell-based and in vivo applications. ..
- Xu J, Wang C, Jin E, Gu Y, Li S, Li Q. Identification of differentially expressed genes in longissimus dorsi muscle between Wei and Yorkshire pigs using RNA sequencing. Genes Genomics. 2018;40:413-421 pubmed publisher..of different pig breeds with divergent phenotypes, and several DEGs can be taken as functional candidate genes related to lipid metabolism (ACSL1, FABP3, UCP3 and PDK4) and skeletal muscle development (ASB2, MSTN, ANKRD1 and ANKRD2).
- Labandera A, Vahab A, Chaudhuri S, Kerk D, Moorhead G. The mitotic PP2A regulator ENSA/ARPP-19 is remarkably conserved across plants and most eukaryotes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;458:739-44 pubmed publisher..and must be inhibited by phosphorylated Î±-endosulfine (ENSA) or cyclic AMP-regulated 19Â kDa phosphoprotein (ARPP-19) to allow passage through mitosis...
- Yatsu A, Shimada H, Ohbayashi N, Fukuda M. Rab40C is a novel Varp-binding protein that promotes proteasomal degradation of Varp in melanocytes. Biol Open. 2015;4:267-75 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that Rab40C is a previously unexpected regulator of Tyrp1 trafficking in melanocytes through controlling the proteasomal degradation of Varp. ..
- LÃ¼ M, Ding K, Zhang G, Yin M, Yao G, Tian H, et al. MicroRNA-320a sensitizes tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer cells to tamoxifen by targeting ARPP-19 and ERRÎ³. Sci Rep. 2015;5:8735 pubmed publisher..of miR-320a was sufficient to sensitize TamR cells to tamoxifen by targeting cAMP-regulated phosphoprotein (ARPP-19) and estrogen-related receptor gamma (ERRÎ³) as well as their downstream effectors, c-Myc and Cyclin D1...
- Li P, Chen L, Zhou Y, Xia X, Shi K, Chen Z, et al. Brassinosteroids-Induced Systemic Stress Tolerance was Associated with Increased Transcripts of Several Defence-Related Genes in the Phloem in Cucumis sativus. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66582 pubmed publisher..The potential role of phloem mRNAs as signaling components in mediating BR-regulated systemic resistance is discussed. ..
- Allache R, Wang M, De Marco P, Merello E, Capra V, Kibar Z. Genetic studies of ANKRD6 as a molecular switch between Wnt signaling pathways in human neural tube defects. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2015;103:20-6 pubmed publisher..Rare missense mutations in ANKRD6 could affect a balanced reciprocal antagonism between both Wnt pathways in neurulation and act as predisposing factors to NTDs in a subset of patients. ..
- Kojic S, Nestorovic A, Rakicevic L, Protic O, Jasnic Savovic J, Faulkner G, et al. Cardiac transcription factor Nkx2.5 interacts with p53 and modulates its activity. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2015;569:45-53 pubmed publisher..5 and p53 synergistically activate the promoter of the striated muscle stress responsive transcriptional cofactor Ankrd2, involved in coordination of proliferation and apoptosis during myogenic differentiation...
- Chen X, Yu X, Song X, Liu L, Yi Y, Yao W, et al. Selection, purification, and characterization of a HER2-targeting soluble designed ankyrin repeat protein by E. coli surface display using HER2-positive melanoma cells. Prep Biochem Biotechnol. 2018;48:144-150 pubmed publisher..12 and 49.14% separately). These findings suggested that it was an effective method to select antibody mimetic DARPin by bacteria surface display combined with live cells sorting and provided a drug candidate for cancer therapy. ..
- Emery S, Pascovi D, Lacey E, Haynes P. The generation gap: Proteome changes and strain variation during encystation in Giardia duodenalis. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2015;201:47-56 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of strain variation in the cyst stage in G. duodenalis, and highlights cyst variation and its impacts on reinfection and life cycle success. ..
- Ling S, Chen Y, Wang J, Richards A, Liew O. Ankyrin Repeat Domain 1 Protein: A Functionally Pleiotropic Protein with Cardiac Biomarker Potential. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..More studies of ANKRD1 are warranted to obtain deeper functional insights into this molecule to allow assessment of its potential clinical applications as a diagnostic or prognostic marker and/or as a possible therapeutic target. ..
- Andrade E, Musante V, Horiuchi A, Matsuzaki H, Brody A, Wu T, et al. ARPP-16 Is a Striatal-Enriched Inhibitor of Protein Phosphatase 2A Regulated by Microtubule-Associated Serine/Threonine Kinase 3 (Mast 3 Kinase). J Neurosci. 2017;37:2709-2722 pubmed publisherb>ARPP-16 (cAMP-regulated phospho-protein of molecular weight 16 kDa) is one of several small acid-soluble proteins highly expressed in medium spiny neurons of striatum that are phosphorylated in response to dopamine acting via D1 receptor/..
- Chu B, Qin Y, Zhang S, Quan Z, Zhang M, Bi J. Downregulation of Notch-regulated Ankyrin Repeat Protein Exerts Antitumor Activities against Growth of Thyroid Cancer. Chin Med J (Engl). 2016;129:1544-52 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of NRARP expression exerts significant antitumor activities against cell growth and invasion of thyroid cancer, that suggests a potential role of NRARP in thyroid cancer targeted therapy. ..
- Zhang N, Xie X, Wang J. Multifunctional protein: cardiac ankyrin repeat protein. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2016;17:333-41 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will discuss the continued progress in the research related to CARP, including its discovery, structure, and the role it plays in cardiac development and heart diseases. ..
- Marubashi S, Ohbayashi N, Fukuda M. A Varp-Binding Protein, RACK1, Regulates Dendrite Outgrowth through Stabilization of Varp Protein in Mouse Melanocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2016;136:1672-1680 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that RACK1 competes with Rab40C for binding to the ANKR2 domain of Varp and regulates dendrite outgrowth through stabilization of Varp in mouse melanocytes. ..
- Ebert S, Monteys A, Fox D, Bongers K, Shields B, Malmberg S, et al. The transcription factor ATF4 promotes skeletal myofiber atrophy during fasting. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:790-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data identify ATF4 as a novel mediator of skeletal myofiber atrophy during starvation. ..
- Bravo Cruz A, Shisler J. Vaccinia virus K1 ankyrin repeat protein inhibits NF-?B activation by preventing RelA acetylation. J Gen Virol. 2016;97:2691-2702 pubmed publisher..Thus, in comparison to all known VACV NF-?B inhibitory proteins, K1 acts at one of the most downstream events of NF-?B activation. ..
- Sa N, Rawat R, Thornburg C, Walker K, Roje S. Identification and characterization of the missing phosphatase on the riboflavin biosynthesis pathway in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2016;88:705-716 pubmed publisher..the riboflavin biosynthesis pathway intermediate 5-amino-6-ribitylamino-2,4(1H,3H) pyrimidinedione 5'-phosphate (ARPP) has not been characterized from any organism...
- Ramachandran H, Engel C, MÃ¼ller B, Dengjel J, Walz G, Yakulov T. Anks3 alters the sub-cellular localization of the Nek7 kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;464:901-7 pubmed publisher..Importantly, Anks3 retained Nek7 in the cytoplasm, suggesting that, Nek7 triggers the modification of Anks3, which in turn prevents the nuclear localization of Nek7. ..
- Koseoglu S, Peters C, Fitch Tewfik J, Aisiku O, Danglot L, Galli T, et al. VAMP-7 links granule exocytosis to actin reorganization during platelet activation. Blood. 2015;126:651-60 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that VAMP-7 participates in both platelet granule secretion and spreading and suggest a mechanism whereby VAMP-7 links granule exocytosis with actin reorganization. ..
- Yoo J, Cho M, Lee S, Bhoo S. Phytochrome-interacting ankyrin repeat protein 2 modulates phytochrome A-mediated PIF3 phosphorylation in light signal transduction. J Biochem. 2016;160:243-249 pubmed..These results suggest that PIA2 modulates phyA-mediated PIF3 phosphorylation by physical interaction with PIF3 and that the secondary structure of the PIA2 N-terminus is important in this modulation. ..
- Ishiguro Oonuma T, Ochiai K, Hashizume K, Iwanaga T, Morimatsu M. Nfkbiz regulates the proliferation and differentiation of keratinocytes. Jpn J Vet Res. 2015;63:107-14 pubmed..These findings indicate a novel possible role of Nfkbiz in controlling the proliferation and differentiation of epidermal keratinocytes through NF-ÎºB-independent mechanisms. ..
- Macdonald L, O Keefe S, Parnes M, MacDonald H, Stretz L, Templer S, et al. A Secreted Ankyrin-Repeat Protein from Clinical Stenotrophomonas maltophilia Isolates Disrupts Actin Cytoskeletal Structure. ACS Infect Dis. 2016;2:62-70 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, as a potentially secreted protein unique to clinical S. maltophilia isolates, Smlt3054 may serve as a starting point for understanding the mechanisms by which S. maltophilia has become an emergent pathogen. ..
- Zhang N, Ye F, Zhu W, Hu D, Xiao C, Nan J, et al. Cardiac ankyrin repeat protein attenuates cardiomyocyte apoptosis by upregulation of Bcl-2 expression. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1863:3040-3049 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that CARP can protect against H/R induced cardiomyocyte apoptosis, possibly through increasing anti-apoptosis Bcl-2 gene expression. ..
- Kumar A, Gopalswamy M, Wolf A, Brockwell D, Hatzfeld M, Balbach J. Phosphorylation-induced unfolding regulates p19INK4d during the human cell cycle. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:3344-3349 pubmed publisher..CDK6 triggers entry into S-phase, whereas p19INK4d is ubiquitinated and degraded. Our findings reveal how signaling-dependent p19INK4d unfolding contributes to the irreversibility of G1/S transition. ..
- Musante V, Li L, Kanyo J, Lam T, Colangelo C, Cheng S, et al. Reciprocal regulation of ARPP-16 by PKA and MAST3 kinases provides a cAMP-regulated switch in protein phosphatase 2A inhibition. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisherb>ARPP-16, ARPP-19, and ENSA are inhibitors of protein phosphatase PP2A. ARPP-19 and ENSA phosphorylated by Greatwall kinase inhibit PP2A during mitosis...
- Angori S, Capanni C, Faulkner G, Bean C, Boriani G, Lattanzi G, et al. Emery-Dreifuss Muscular Dystrophy-Associated Mutant Forms of Lamin A Recruit the Stress Responsive Protein Ankrd2 into the Nucleus, Affecting the Cellular Response to Oxidative Stress. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:169-184 pubmed publisherb>Ankrd2 is a stress responsive protein mainly expressed in muscle cells. Upon the application of oxidative stress, Ankrd2 translocates into the nucleus where it regulates the activity of genes involved in cellular response to stress...
- Fortes M, Pinheiro C, GuimarÃ£es Ferreira L, Vitzel K, Vasconcelos D, Curi R. Overload-induced skeletal muscle hypertrophy is not impaired in STZ-diabetic rats. Physiol Rep. 2015;3: pubmed publisher..The expression of FAK was increased and of MuRF-1 and atrogin-1 decreased only in the control group, whereas Ankrd2 expression was enhanced only in diabetic rats...
- Batyuk A, Wu Y, Honegger A, Heberling M, PlÃ¼ckthun A. DARPin-Based Crystallization Chaperones Exploit Molecular Geometry as a Screening Dimension in Protein Crystallography. J Mol Biol. 2016;428:1574-88 pubmed publisher..Five crystal structures representing four different fusion constructs, alone or in complex with the cognate target, show the predicted relative domain orientations and prove the validity of the concept. ..
- Jiang T, Zhao B, Li X, Wan J. ARPP-19 promotes proliferation and metastasis of human glioma. Neuroreport. 2016;27:960-6 pubmed publisher..Recent studies have reported a novel role of ARPP-19 in the regulation of cell mitosis and cancer progression...
- SchÃ¼tz M, Batyuk A, Klenk C, Kummer L, de Picciotto S, GÃ¼lbakan B, et al. Generation of Fluorogen-Activating Designed Ankyrin Repeat Proteins (FADAs) as Versatile Sensor Tools. J Mol Biol. 2016;428:1272-1289 pubmed publisher..Therefore, FADAs are versatile fluorescent probes that are easily produced and suitable for diverse applications and thus extend the FAP technology. ..
- Koskinen S, Kyrolainen H, Flink R, Selänne H, Gagnon S, Ahtiainen J, et al. Human skeletal muscle type 1 fibre distribution and response of stress-sensing proteins along the titin molecule after submaximal exhaustive exercise. Histochem Cell Biol. 2017;148:545-555 pubmed publisherEarly responses of stress-sensing proteins, muscle LIM protein (MLP), ankyrin repeat proteins (Ankrd1/CARP and Ankrd2/Arpp) and muscle-specific RING finger proteins (MuRF1 and MuRF2), along the titin molecule were investigated in the ..
- Van Neste C, Laird A, O Mahony F, Van Criekinge W, Deforce D, Van Nieuwerburgh F, et al. Epigenetic sampling effects: nephrectomy modifies the clear cell renal cell cancer methylome. Cell Oncol (Dordr). 2017;40:293-297 pubmed publisher..methylated in the test samples, of which four were linked to ischaemia or hypoxia (REXO1L1, TLR4, hsa-mir-1299, ANKRD2)...
- Zhang M, Qin Y, Zuo B, Gong W, Zhang S, Gong Y, et al. Overexpression of NOTCH-regulated Ankyrin Repeat Protein is associated with papillary thyroid carcinoma progression. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0167782 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these results indicate that NRARP is an important clinical biomarker in thyroid carcinoma and it promotes EMT induction as well as the progression of PTCs via NOTCH signaling activation. ..
- Hammill J, Vanseggelen H, Helsen C, Denisova G, Evelegh C, Tantalo D, et al. Designed ankyrin repeat proteins are effective targeting elements for chimeric antigen receptors. J Immunother Cancer. 2015;3:55 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the utility of DARPins as CAR-targeting agents and open up an avenue for the generation of CARs with novel antigen binding attributes. ..
- Liu X, Bauman W, Cardozo C. ANKRD1 modulates inflammatory responses in C2C12 myoblasts through feedback inhibition of NF-ÎºB signaling activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;464:208-13 pubmed publisher..NF-ÎºB activity is regulated by various factors, including ankyrin repeat domain 2 (AnkrD2), which belongs to the muscle ankyrin repeat protein family...
- Wette S, Smith H, Lamb G, Murphy R. Characterization of muscle ankyrin repeat proteins in human skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;313:C327-C339 pubmed publisher..It will be necessary to show that the titin-associated Ankrd 2 is modified by stretch in some as-yet-unidentified way, distinct from the diffusible pool, if it is to act as a stretch-sensitive signaling molecule. ..
- Buchholz C, Friedel T, BÃ¼ning H. Surface-Engineered Viral Vectors for Selective and Cell Type-Specific Gene Delivery. Trends Biotechnol. 2015;33:777-90 pubmed publisher..Examples include vectors that deliver genes to specialized endothelial cells or lymphocytes, tumor cells, or particular cells of the nervous system with potential applications in gene function studies and molecular medicine. ..
- Martinelli V, Kyle W, Kojic S, Vitulo N, Li Z, Belgrano A, et al. ZASP interacts with the mechanosensing protein Ankrd2 and p53 in the signalling network of striated muscle. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e92259 pubmed publisher..have roles in signalling, regulation of gene expression and muscle differentiation; the mechanosensing protein Ankrd2 and the tumour suppressor protein p53...
- Jasnic Savovic J, Krause S, Savic S, Kojic A, Kovcic V, Boskovic S, et al. Differential expression and localization of Ankrd2 isoforms in human skeletal and cardiac muscles. Histochem Cell Biol. 2016;146:569-584 pubmedFour human Ankrd2 transcripts, reported in the Ensembl database, code for distinct protein isoforms (360, 333, 327 and 300 aa), and so far, their existence, specific expression and localization patterns have not been studied in detail...
- Wu Y, Batyuk A, Honegger A, Brandl F, Mittl P, Plückthun A. Rigidly connected multispecific artificial binders with adjustable geometries. Sci Rep. 2017;7:11217 pubmed publisher..The bispecific constructs were all able to bind both target proteins simultaneously. ..
- Mehta R, Tsymbalyuk N, Ivanova S, Stokum J, Woo K, Gerzanich V, et al. α-Endosulfine (ARPP-19e) Expression in a Rat Model of Stroke. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2017;76:898-907 pubmed publisher..In conjunction with recent studies suggesting a neuroprotective role, our data highlight a potential function for αEnsa within ischemic brain. ..
- Chassin H, Geering B, Schukur L, Ausländer D, Lang B, Fussenegger M. Sensing and responding to allergic response cytokines through a genetically encoded circuit. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1101 pubmed publisher..Hence, therapeutic gene networks monitoring disease-associated cytokines coupled with in situ production, secretion and systemic delivery of immunomodulatory biologics may foster advances in the treatment of allergies. ..
- Zhou T, Fleming J, Franke B, Bogomolovas J, Barsukov I, Rigden D, et al. CARP interacts with titin at a unique helical N2A sequence and at the domain Ig81 to form a structured complex. FEBS Lett. 2016;590:3098-110 pubmed publisher..Our findings portray CARP/titin-N2A as a structured node and help to rationalize the molecular basis of CARP mechanosensing in the sarcomeric I-band. ..
- Wu Y, Ruggiero C, Bauman W, Cardozo C. Ankrd1 is a transcriptional repressor for the androgen receptor that is downregulated by testosterone. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;437:355-60 pubmed publisherThe ankryn repeat domain proteins, Ankrd1 and Ankrd2, are expressed at the highest levels in skeletal muscle and heart where they are localized to the I band of the sarcomere through binding to titin and myopaladin...
- Laveder P, De Pittà C, Toppo S, Valle G, Lanfranchi G. A two-step strategy for constructing specifically self-subtracted cDNA libraries. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:e38 pubmed..The tissue-specific collections of cDNA clones generated by our method are particularly well suited for expression profiling. ..
- Sosovec V, Ivicic L, Gaspar I, L Achová B. [Incidence of benign conjugated hyperbilirubinemia with pigment in the liver in Spis (Dubin-Johnson syndrome) II. Attempts at screening of carrier state by means of BSP test]. Cesk Gastroenterol Vyz. 1975;29:517-26 pubmed
- Qin Y, Sekine I, Fan M, Takiguchi Y, Tada Y, Shingyoji M, et al. Augmented expression of cardiac ankyrin repeat protein is induced by pemetrexed and a possible marker for the pemetrexed resistance in mesothelioma cells. Cancer Cell Int. 2017;17:120 pubmed publisher..A mechanism of resistance to PEM is associated with elevated activities of several enzymes involved in nucleic acid metabolism...
- Keys T, Wetter M, Hang I, Rutschmann C, Russo S, Mally M, et al. A biosynthetic route for polysialylating proteins in Escherichia coli. Metab Eng. 2017;44:293-301 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate the new biosynthetic route by modifying green fluorescent proteins and a therapeutic DARPin (designed ankyrin repeat protein). ..
- Li D, Tan J, Tian Y, Huang S, Sun P, Wang M, et al. Multifunctional superparamagnetic nanoparticles conjugated with fluorescein-labeled designed ankyrin repeat protein as an efficient HER2-targeted probe in breast cancer. Biomaterials. 2017;147:86-98 pubmed publisher..33 ± 2.90% at 6 h and 47.29 ± 9.36% at 24 h). Our study suggested that SPIO-G3-5MF might be a promising MR molecular probe for diagnosing and monitoring HER2 expression state of breast cancer in the future. ..
- Deyev S, Proshkina G, Ryabova A, Tavanti F, Menziani M, Eidelshtein G, et al. Synthesis, Characterization, and Selective Delivery of DARPin-Gold Nanoparticle Conjugates to Cancer Cells. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:2569-2574 pubmed publisher..The high stability under physiological conditions and high affinity to the receptors overexpressed by cancer cells make conjugates of plasmonic gold nanostructures with DARPin molecules promising candidates for cancer therapy...
- Nakamura K, Nakada C, Takeuchi K, Osaki M, Shomori K, Kato S, et al. Altered expression of cardiac ankyrin repeat protein and its homologue, ankyrin repeat protein with PEST and proline-rich region, in atrophic muscles in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Pathobiology. 2002;70:197-203 pubmed..We recently identified a novel protein, ankyrin repeat protein with PEST and proline-rich region (ARPP), which is homologous to CARP and is preferentially expressed in type 1 skeletal muscle fibers (cf. slow fibers)...
- Jasnic Savovic J, Nestorovic A, Savic S, Karasek S, Vitulo N, Valle G, et al. Profiling of skeletal muscle Ankrd2 protein in human cardiac tissue and neonatal rat cardiomyocytes. Histochem Cell Biol. 2015;143:583-97 pubmed publisherMuscle-specific mechanosensors Ankrd2/Arpp (ankyrin repeat protein 2) and Ankrd1/CARP (cardiac ankyrin repeat protein) have an important role in transcriptional regulation, myofibrillar assembly, cardiogenesis and myogenesis...
- Bean C, Verma N, Yamamoto D, Chemello F, Cenni V, Filomena M, et al. Ankrd2 is a modulator of NF-?B-mediated inflammatory responses during muscle differentiation. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1002 pubmed publisherAdaptive responses of skeletal muscle regulate the nuclear shuttling of the sarcomeric protein Ankrd2 that can transduce different stimuli into specific adaptations by interacting with both structural and regulatory proteins...
- Kojic S, Radojkovic D, Faulkner G. Muscle ankyrin repeat proteins: their role in striated muscle function in health and disease. Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci. 2011;48:269-94 pubmed publisher..In this review, we focus on Ankrd1/CARP and Ankrd2/Arpp proteins,which belong to the muscle ankyrin repeat protein family (MARP) involved in a mechano-signaling ..
- Kasaraneni N, Chamoun Emanuelli A, Wright G, Chen Z. Retargeting Lentiviruses via SpyCatcher-SpyTag Chemistry for Gene Delivery into Specific Cell Types. MBio. 2017;8: pubmed publisher..The ability to rapidly create cell-specific lentiviral vectors targeting a wide range of cell types should accelerate the development of custom lentiviral vectors for many research and clinical applications. ..
- Romano Moreno M, Rojas A, Williamson C, Gershlick D, Lucas M, Isupov M, et al. Molecular mechanism for the subversion of the retromer coat by the Legionella effector RidL. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E11151-E11160 pubmed publisher..Our work thus provides structural and mechanistic evidence into how RidL is targeted to endosomal membranes. ..