Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: androgen receptor
Description: androgen receptor
Alias: AIS, AR8, DHTR, HUMARA, HYSP1, NR3C4, SBMA, SMAX1, TFM, androgen receptor, dihydrotestosterone receptor, nuclear receptor subfamily 3 group C member 4
Publications374 found, 100 shown here
- A mutation in the ligand binding domain of the androgen receptor of human LNCaP cells affects steroid binding characteristics and response to anti-androgensJ Veldscholte
Department of Biochemistry II, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 173:534-40. 1990LNCaP prostate tumor cells contain an abnormal androgen receptor system...
- Mutation of the androgen-receptor gene in metastatic androgen-independent prostate cancerM E Taplin
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester, USA
N Engl J Med 332:1393-8. 1995..The androgen receptor, which binds testosterone and stimulates the transcription of androgen-responsive genes, regulates the ..
- Splicing of a novel androgen receptor exon generates a constitutively active androgen receptor that mediates prostate cancer therapy resistanceScott M Dehm
Department of Urology and Biochemistry, Mayo Clinical College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Cancer Res 68:5469-77. 2008..for prostate cancer (PCa) is androgen ablation, which causes tumor regression by inhibiting activity of the androgen receptor (AR). Invariably, PCa recurs with a fatal androgen-refractory phenotype...
- Targeting androgen receptor in estrogen receptor-negative breast cancerMin Ni
Division of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cancer Cell 20:119-31. 2011..b>Androgen receptor (AR) is expressed in 60%-70% of breast tumors, independent of ER status...
- Tip60 is a nuclear hormone receptor coactivatorM E Brady
Prostate Research Group, Department of Surgery, Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 274:17599-604. 1999The androgen receptor (AR) is a member of the nuclear hormone receptor superfamily. Recent work in this field has been focused upon defining the mechanisms of transcriptional control exacted by members of this superfamily...
- Structural basis for androgen receptor interdomain and coactivator interactions suggests a transition in nuclear receptor activation function dominanceBin He
Laboratories for Reproductive Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Mol Cell 16:425-38. 2004The androgen receptor (AR) is required for male sex development and contributes to prostate cancer cell survival...
- Androgen receptor (AR) coregulators: a diversity of functions converging on and regulating the AR transcriptional complexHannelore V Heemers
Department of Urology Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Endocr Rev 28:778-808. 2007Androgens, acting through the androgen receptor (AR), are responsible for the development of the male phenotype during embryogenesis, the achievement of sexual maturation at puberty, and the maintenance of male reproductive function and ..
- Integration of regulatory networks by NKX3-1 promotes androgen-dependent prostate cancer survivalPeck Yean Tan
Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, Genome Institute of Singapore, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore, Singapore
Mol Cell Biol 32:399-414. 2012..coupled to massively parallel sequencing (ChIP-seq) we showed that NKX3-1 colocalizes with the androgen receptor (AR) across the prostate cancer genome...
- Expression of androgen receptor splice variants in prostate cancer bone metastases is associated with castration-resistance and short survivalEmma Hörnberg
Department of Medical Biosciences, Pathology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e19059. 2011Constitutively active androgen receptor variants (AR-V) lacking the ligand binding domain (LBD) may promote the development of castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC)...
- Acetylation of androgen receptor enhances coactivator binding and promotes prostate cancer cell growthMaofu Fu
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:8563-75. 2003..We show that the nuclear androgen receptor (AR), a DNA-binding transcriptional regulator, is acetylated in vivo...
- Treatment-dependent androgen receptor mutations in prostate cancer exploit multiple mechanisms to evade therapyMara P Steinkamp
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5618, USA
Cancer Res 69:4434-42. 2009Mutations in the androgen receptor (AR) that enable activation by antiandrogens occur in hormone-refractory prostate cancer, suggesting that mutant ARs are selected by treatment...
- Steroid-induced androgen receptor-oestradiol receptor beta-Src complex triggers prostate cancer cell proliferationA Migliaccio
Istituto di Patologia Generale e Oncologia, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, II Universita di Napoli, Largo S Aniello a Caponapoli 2, 80138 Napoli, Italy
EMBO J 19:5406-17. 2000..prostate carcinoma-derived LNCaP cells with androgen or oestradiol triggers simultaneous association of androgen receptor and oestradiol receptor beta with Src, activates the Src/Raf-1/Erk-2 pathway and stimulates cell ..
- Phosphorylation-dependent ubiquitylation and degradation of androgen receptor by Akt require Mdm2 E3 ligaseHui Kuan Lin
George H Whipple Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Pathology and The Cancer Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
EMBO J 21:4037-48. 2002The androgen receptor (AR) controls several biological functions including prostate cell growth and apoptosis. However, the mechanism by which AR maintains its stability to function properly remains largely unknown...
- Androgen receptor gene amplification: a possible molecular mechanism for androgen deprivation therapy failure in prostate cancerP Koivisto
Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, Finland
Cancer Res 57:314-9. 1997..Amplification of the androgen receptor (AR) gene was recently described in recurrent prostate carcinomas from patients who had failed androgen ..
- Androgen receptor gene alterations in Finnish male breast cancerKirsi Syrjakoski
Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Breast Cancer Res Treat 77:167-70. 2003Mutations in the androgen receptor (AR) gene have been suggested to predispose to male breast cancer (MBC)...
- Androgen receptor (AR) expression is an independent unfavorable prognostic factor in gastric cancerA Kominea
Department of Pathology, Aegion General Hospital, Aegion, Greece
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 130:253-8. 2004..To investigate the expression of sex steroid receptors in gastric cancer and to correlate their tumor expression profile with the clinicopathological parameters and overall survival of the patients...
- Androgen receptor mutants detected in recurrent prostate cancer exhibit diverse functional characteristicsGuangchun Chen
Department of Pathophysiology, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Prostate 63:395-406. 2005Alterations in the function of androgen receptor (AR) and its signaling pathway may be responsible for the progression of prostate cancer...
- Induction of the SUMO-specific protease 1 transcription by the androgen receptor in prostate cancer cellsTASNEEM BAWA-KHALFE
Research Center for Cardiovascular Diseases, Brown Foundation Institute of Molecular Medicine for the Prevention of Human Diseases, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 282:37341-9. 2007..Our recent publication reported that androgen receptor-dependent transcription is significantly elevated with expression of the human sentrin/SUMO-specific ..
- In vivo knockdown of the androgen receptor results in growth inhibition and regression of well-established, castration-resistant prostate tumorsRobert Snoek
Prostate Center at Vancouver General Hospital and Department of Urologic Sciences, University of British Columbia, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 15:39-47. 2009..state is the incurable and lethal end stage of prostate cancer, and there is strong evidence that androgen receptor (AR) still plays a central role in this process...
- Complete androgen insensitivity syndrome is frequently due to premature stop codons in exon 1 of the androgen receptor gene: an international collaborative report of 13 new mutationsPascal Philibert
Service d Hormonologie, Hopital Lapeyronie, CHU de Montpellier, Montpellier, France
Fertil Steril 94:472-6. 2010..diagnosis of complete androgen insensitivity syndrome (CAIS) by molecular genetic analysis and to determine the prevalence of exon 1 mutations in the androgen receptor (AR) transactivation defects of a large series of CAIS patients.
- Role of androgen receptor CAG repeat polymorphism and X-inactivation in the manifestation of recurrent spontaneous abortions in Indian womenMeka Aruna
Molecular Anthropology Group, Biological Anthropology Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Habsiguda, Hyderabad, India
PLoS ONE 6:e17718. 2011..Controls were roughly matched for age, ethnicity and socioeconomic status. The CAG repeats of the Androgen Receptor gene were genotyped using a PCR-based assay and were analysed using the GeneMapper software to determine the ..
- The androgen receptor fuels prostate cancer by regulating central metabolism and biosynthesisCharles E Massie
CRUK Cambridge Research Institute, Cambridge, UK
EMBO J 30:2719-33. 2011The androgen receptor (AR) is a key regulator of prostate growth and the principal drug target for the treatment of prostate cancer...
- Peroxiredoxin 1 interacts with androgen receptor and enhances its transactivationSoo Yeon Park
Department of Cell Stress Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Cancer Res 67:9294-303. 2007..b>Androgen receptor (AR) signaling plays a critical role in prostate cancer...
- SUMO-specific protease 1 (SENP1) reverses the hormone-augmented SUMOylation of androgen receptor and modulates gene responses in prostate cancer cellsSanna Kaikkonen
Institute of Biomedicine Medical Biochemistry, University of Kuopio, FI 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Mol Endocrinol 23:292-307. 2009..Here, we show that androgens induce rapid and dynamic conjugation of SUMO-1 to androgen receptor (AR)...
- Deleted in breast cancer 1, a novel androgen receptor (AR) coactivator that promotes AR DNA-binding activityJunjiang Fu
The Institute of Biomedical Sciences, College of Life Sciences, East China Normal University, 500 Dongchuan Road, Shanghai 200241, China
J Biol Chem 284:6832-40. 2009b>Androgen receptor (AR) plays a critical role in development and maintenance of male reproductive functions and the etiology of prostate cancer...
- Regulation of androgen receptor and histone deacetylase 1 by Mdm2-mediated ubiquitylationLuke Gaughan
Prostate Research Group, Northern Institute for Cancer Research Paul, O Gorman Building University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, Medical School Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 33:13-26. 2005The androgen receptor (AR) is a member of the nuclear hormone receptor family of transcription factors and plays a critical role in regulating the expression of genes involved in androgen-dependent and -independent tumour formation...
- Structural analysis of complementary DNA and amino acid sequences of human and rat androgen receptorsC S Chang
Ben May Institute, Chicago, IL
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:7211-5. 1988..Molecular hybridization studies, using AR cDNAs as probes, indicated that the ventral prostate and other male accessory organs are rich in AR mRNA and that the production of AR mRNA in the target organs may be autoregulated by androgens...
- Screening for mutations in candidate genes for hypospadiasA Nordenskjold
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Urol Res 27:49-55. 1999..Testosterone and dihydrotestosterone act via the androgen receptor but a defective receptor function results in different degrees of genital malformations...
- Ligand-independent activation of the androgen receptor by interleukin-6 and the role of steroid receptor coactivator-1 in prostate cancer cellsTakeshi Ueda
Department of Cancer Endocrinology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 4E6, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:38087-94. 2002The androgen receptor (AR) can be activated in the absence of androgens by interleukin-6 (IL-6) in human prostate cancer cells...
- PIAS1 and PIASxalpha function as SUMO-E3 ligases toward androgen receptor and repress androgen receptor-dependent transcriptionTamotsu Nishida
Division of Molecular Biology, School of Life Science, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, 1432 1 Horinouchi, Hachioji, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:41311-7. 2002The androgen receptor (AR) has been shown to be modified by SUMO-1, a ubiquitin-like protein. Recently we showed that PIAS family proteins function as SUMO-E3 ligases...
- Physical and functional interaction of androgen receptor with calmodulin in prostate cancer cellsEugenia Cifuentes
Vattikuti Urology Institute, Henry Ford Health Sciences Center, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:464-9. 2004..is sensitive to stimulation by androgen, we assessed the physical and functional interaction between androgen receptor (AR) and CaM...
- Mutation analysis of five candidate genes in Chinese patients with hypospadiasYanping Wang
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, PUMC and CAMS, Beijing, 100005, China
Eur J Hum Genet 12:706-12. 2004..Mutations in AR, SRD5A2 or WT1 seem to be associated not only with hypospadias but also with micropenis...
- Role of androgen receptor in prostate cancer cell cycle regulation: interaction with cell cycle regulatory proteins and enzymes of DNA synthesisArun Sivanandam
Vattikuti Urology Institute, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Curr Protein Pept Sci 11:451-8. 2010The androgen receptor (AR) plays a critical role in proliferation and viability of prostate cancer cells...
- Selected estrogen receptor 1 and androgen receptor gene polymorphisms in relation to risk of breast cancer and fibrocystic breast conditions among Chinese womenLori C Sakoda
Program in Epidemiology, Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Epidemiol 35:48-55. 2011..Polymorphisms in sex hormone receptor-encoding genes may alter the activity of sex hormone receptors and thereby affect susceptibility to breast cancer and related outcomes...
- Androgen receptor polyglutamine tract length in Egyptian male breast cancer patientsSamuel F Gilbert
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan School of Public Health, 5626 SPH I, 1415 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 129:575-81. 2011..The polyglutamine tract (QT) is a variable region of the androgen receptor (AR), a nuclear receptor which is important in modulating androgen actions and generally inhibits growth in ..
- Ethnic variation in allele distribution of the androgen receptor (AR) (CAG)n repeatChristine M Ackerman
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Molecular Medicine, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, 303 E Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Androl 33:210-5. 2012The androgen receptor (AR) is important in reproductive organ development, as well as tissue homeostasis of the pancreas, liver, and skeletal muscle in adulthood...
- Differential regulation of androgen receptor by PIM-1 kinases via phosphorylation-dependent recruitment of distinct ubiquitin E3 ligasesDouglas E Linn
Department of Pharmacology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 287:22959-68. 2012b>Androgen receptor (AR) plays a pivotal role in prostate cancer. Regulation of AR transcriptional activity by post-translational modifications, such as phosphorylation by multiple kinases, is well documented...
- Beta-catenin affects androgen receptor transcriptional activity and ligand specificityC I Truica
Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007 2197, USA
Cancer Res 60:4709-13. 2000..In this study, we investigated the role of beta-catenin mutations on androgen receptor (AR) signaling. beta-Catenin significantly enhanced androgen-stimulated transcriptional activation by the AR...
- Androgen receptor expression is a significant prognostic factor in estrogen receptor positive breast cancersIsabella Castellano
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Human Oncology, University of Turin, Via Santena 7, 10126, Turin, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 124:607-17. 2010The purpose of this article is to evaluate the prognostic value of androgen receptor (AR) expression in patients with estrogen receptor (ER)-positive breast cancer, treated with endocrine therapy, with or without the addition of ..
- Activation of androgen receptor, lipogenesis, and oxidative stress converged by SREBP-1 is responsible for regulating growth and progression of prostate cancer cellsWen Chin Huang
Uro Oncology Research Program, Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Mol Cancer Res 10:133-42. 2012..that sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1 (SREBP-1) is involved in the transcriptional regulation of androgen receptor (AR) and formation of fatty acid through altered expression of fatty acid synthase (FASN)...
- Low incidence of androgen receptor gene mutations in human prostatic tumors using single strand conformation polymorphism analysisB A Evans
Department of Child Health, Tenovus Cancer Research Centre, University of Wales College of Medicine, Health Park, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Prostate 28:162-71. 1996It is possible that structural changes of the androgen receptor (AR) contribute to the insensitivity of prostatic carcinomas to endocrine therapy...
- Two percent of Finnish prostate cancer patients have a germ-line mutation in the hormone-binding domain of the androgen receptor geneN Mononen
Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Finland
Cancer Res 60:6479-81. 2000Mutations of the androgen receptor (AR) gene have been reported in prostate cancer, usually from tumor tissue specimens from late-stage, androgen-independent cancer...
- A 629RKLKK633 motif in the hinge region controls the androgen receptor at multiple levelsTamzin M Tanner
Molecular Endocrinology Laboratory, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Catholic University of Leuven, Campus Gasthuisberg O and N1, Herestraat 49, Box 901, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Cell Mol Life Sci 67:1919-27. 2010The androgen receptor protein has specific domains involved in DNA binding, ligand binding, and transactivation, whose activities need to be integrated during transcription activation...
- A splicing variant of the androgen receptor detected in a metastatic prostate cancer exhibits exclusively cytoplasmic actionsMonika Jagla
Faculté de Médecine Signalisation et Cancer de la Prostate Equipe d Accueil 3430, Université Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Endocrinology 148:4334-43. 2007The androgen receptor (AR) is a ligand-activated transcription factor that displays genomic actions characterized by binding to androgen-response elements in the promoter of target genes as well as nongenomic actions that do not require ..
- c-Jun has multiple enhancing activities in the novel cross talk between the androgen receptor and Ets variant gene 1 in prostate cancerChangmeng Cai
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Mol Cancer Res 5:725-35. 2007The multiple transcriptional roles of c-Jun are shown in a novel cross-talk between the androgen receptor (AR) and its new target gene, Ets variant gene 1 (ETV1)...
- Melanoma antigen gene protein-A11 (MAGE-11) F-box links the androgen receptor NH2-terminal transactivation domain to p160 coactivatorsEmily B Askew
Curriculum in Toxicology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7500, USA
J Biol Chem 284:34793-808. 2009Androgen-dependent transcriptional activity by the androgen receptor (AR) and its coregulators is required for male reproductive development and function...
- Androgen receptor CAG repeat polymorphism and epigenetic influence among the south Indian women with Polycystic Ovary SyndromeShilpi Dasgupta
Molecular Anthropology Group, Biological Anthropology Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Habsiguda, Hyderabad, India
PLoS ONE 5:e12401. 2010The present study was carried out to assess the role of androgen receptor CAG repeat polymorphism and X chromosome inactivation (XCI) pattern among Indian PCOS women and controls which has not been hitherto explored and also to test the ..
- HOXC8 inhibits androgen receptor signaling in human prostate cancer cells by inhibiting SRC-3 recruitment to direct androgen target genesSunshine Daddario Axlund
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, 12801 E 17th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Mol Cancer Res 8:1643-55. 2010..In the present study, we show that HOXC8 inhibits androgen receptor (AR)-mediated gene induction in LNCaP prostate cancer cells and HPr-1 AR, a nontumorigenic prostate ..
- Filamin-A fragment localizes to the nucleus to regulate androgen receptor and coactivator functionsC J Loy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National University of Singapore, Singapore 119074
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:4562-7. 2003The androgen receptor (AR), a nuclear transcription factor, mediates male sexual differentiation, and its excessive action is associated with prostate cancer...
- Identification of novel truncated androgen receptor (AR) mutants including unreported pre-mRNA splicing variants in the 22Rv1 hormone-refractory prostate cancer (PCa) cell lineGemma Marcias
Signalisation et Cancer de la Prostate, Physiopathologie et Médecine Translationnelle, Universite de Strasbourg, 67000Strasbourg, France
Hum Mutat 31:74-80. 2010..Mutations in the androgen receptor (AR) from tumor cells have been shown to induce androgen independency both in PCa cell lines and in the ..
- Covalent modification of the androgen receptor by small ubiquitin-like modifier 1 (SUMO-1)H Poukka
Department of Physiology, Institute of Biomedicine, and Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Helsinki, FIN 00014, Helsinki, Finland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:14145-50. 2000..The SUMO-1-conjugating enzyme Ubc9 interacts with androgen receptor (AR), a ligand-activated transcription factor belonging to the steroid receptor superfamily...
- AKT-independent protection of prostate cancer cells from apoptosis mediated through complex formation between the androgen receptor and FKHRPengfei Li
Department of Pathology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, and Program of Molecular Oncology and Drug Discovery, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa 33612 4799, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:104-18. 2003..Transcriptional analysis demonstrated that activation of the androgen receptor caused an inhibition of both wild-type FKHR and a mutant in which all three known AKT sites were mutated to ..
- Increased frequency of long androgen receptor CAG repeats in male breast cancersHelen E MacLean
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Austin Hospital, Heidelberg, Vic, 3084, Australia
Breast Cancer Res Treat 88:239-46. 2004We have investigated the possible link between androgen hyposensitivity caused by long androgen receptor (AR) CAG repeats, and breast carcinogenesis, in men...
- Small-interfering RNA-induced androgen receptor silencing leads to apoptotic cell death in prostate cancerXinbo Liao
Department of Urology, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 4:505-15. 2005..Recently, the androgen receptor (AR) has been shown to play a critical role in the development and progression of the disease...
- Association of repeat polymorphisms in the estrogen receptors alpha, beta (ESR1, ESR2) and androgen receptor (AR) genes with the occurrence of breast cancerA Tsezou
Laboratory of Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics, Medical School, University of Thessalia, University Hospital of Larissa, Larissa, Greece
Breast 17:159-66. 2008..In conclusion, an association for breast cancer risk between short (SS) alleles for the repeat variants of the ESR2 and AR genes was found in women of Greek descent...
- Androgen receptor function is modulated by the tissue-specific AR45 variantIsabelle Ahrens-Fath
Research Laboratories of Schering AG, Berlin, Germany
FEBS J 272:74-84. 2005A naturally occurring variant of the human androgen receptor (AR) named AR45 has been identified...
- PC3, but not DU145, human prostate cancer cells retain the coregulators required for tumor suppressor ability of androgen receptorIvan V Litvinov
Chemical Therapeutics Program, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Prostate 66:1329-38. 2006b>Androgen receptor (AR) functions in normal prostate epithelium as a tumor suppressor to inhibit continuous proliferation of these cells...
- DJ-1 binds androgen receptor directly and mediates its activity in hormonally treated prostate cancer cellsJ Erin Tillman
Department of Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 2765, USA
Cancer Res 67:4630-7. 2007..The androgen receptor (AR) was identified and confirmed as a DJ-1 binding partner...
- Targeting the stromal androgen receptor in primary prostate tumors at earlier stagesYuanjie Niu
George Whipple Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Pathology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:12188-93. 2008To differentiate roles of androgen receptor (AR) in prostate stromal and epithelial cells, we have generated inducible-(ind)ARKO-TRAMP and prostate epithelial-specific ARKO TRAMP (pes-ARKO-TRAMP) mouse models, in which the AR was knocked ..
- Human PIRH2 enhances androgen receptor signaling through inhibition of histone deacetylase 1 and is overexpressed in prostate cancerIan R Logan
University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Northern Institute for Cancer Research, Paul O Gorman Building, Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 26:6502-10. 2006The androgen receptor (AR) is a hormone-dependent transcription factor critically involved in human prostate carcinogenesis...
- DJ-1 positively regulates the androgen receptor by impairing the binding of PIASx alpha to the receptorK Takahashi
Core Research for Evolutional Science and Technology, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, 4 1 8 Honcho, Kawaguchi, Saitama 332 0012, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:37556-63. 2001..Of several proteins identified, PIASx alpha/ARIP3, a modulator of androgen receptor (AR), was first characterized as the DJ-1-binding protein in this study...
- Androgen receptor gene CAG repeat polymorphism in the development of ovarian hyperandrogenismLourdes Ibanez
Endocrine Unit L I, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, University of Barcelona, E 08950 Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:3333-8. 2003..We hypothesized that this earlier presentation may relate to increased androgen sensitivity, indicated by androgen receptor gene CAG repeat length. This polymorphism was genotyped in 181 Barcelona girls (age, 10...
- Predictive value of PTEN and AR coexpression of sustained responsiveness to hormonal therapy in prostate cancer--a pilot studySoha Salama El Sheikh
Histopathology Department, Royal Free and University College Medical School London NW32QG, UK
Neoplasia 10:949-53. 2008..and clinical outcome (relapse-free and overall survival)) of phosphatase and tensin homolog (PTEN) and the androgen receptor (AR) immunoexpression in the presenting biopsy...
- Androgen receptor phosphorylation and activity are regulated by an association with protein phosphatase 1Shaoyong Chen
Cancer Biology Program, Hematology Oncology Division, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 284:25576-84. 2009b>Androgen receptor (AR) is phosphorylated at multiple sites in response to ligand binding, but the functional consequences and mechanisms regulating AR phosphorylation remain to be established...
- Transcriptional Suppression by Transient Recruitment of ARIP4 to Sumoylated nuclear receptor Ad4BP/SF-1Hidesato Ogawa
Division of Sex Differentiation, National Institute for Basic Biology, National Institutes of Natural Sciences, Myodaiji cho, Okazaki 444 8787, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 20:4235-45. 2009..These findings suggest that ARIP4 may be a cofactor that modulates SUMO-mediated fine-tuning of transcriptional suppression...
- Cell-autonomous intracellular androgen receptor signaling drives the growth of human prostate cancer initiating cellsDonald J Vander Griend
Chemical Therapeutics Program, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Prostate 70:90-9. 2010..cancer is due to the continuous growth of cancer initiating cells (CICs) which are often stimulated by androgen receptor (AR) signaling...
- Shorter CAG repeats in the androgen receptor gene may enhance hyperandrogenicity in polycystic ovary syndromeFilip Van Nieuwerburgh
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Gynecol Endocrinol 24:669-73. 2008The main goal of the present study was to assess the influence of the androgen receptor gene CAG repeat polymorphism on hyperandrogenism and its phenotypical features in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- Androgen receptor defects: historical, clinical, and molecular perspectivesC A Quigley
Laboratories for Reproductive Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 27599 7500, USA
Endocr Rev 16:271-321. 1995
- Potential action of IGF-1 and EGF on androgen receptor nuclear transfer and transactivation in normal and cancer human prostate cell linesFrancesco Orio
INSERM Unite 439, Pathologie Moléculaire des Récepteurs Nucléaires, 70 rue de Navacelles, Montpellier 34090, France
Mol Cell Endocrinol 198:105-14. 2002..This work was designed to determine whether IGF-1 and EGF modulate nuclear transfer and transactivation of the androgen receptor (AR) in human prostate cell lines (PNT1A and DU-145)...
- Regulation of heat shock protein 70-1 expression by androgen receptor and its signaling in human prostate cancer cellsShan Lu
Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Int J Oncol 36:459-67. 2010..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether androgen receptor (AR) and its signaling regulate hsp70-1 expression...
- The poly(c)-binding protein-1 regulates expression of the androgen receptorBrianna Cloke
Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, London, UK
Endocrinology 151:3954-64. 2010The androgen receptor (AR) is a ligand-dependent transcription factor, expressed in male and female reproductive organs, and essential for normal reproduction in both sexes...
- Prevalence of androgen receptor gene mutations in latent prostatic carcinomas from Japanese menH Takahashi
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Cancer Res 55:1621-4. 1995..fraction of latent carcinomas from Japanese men were found to contain inactivating mutations of the androgen receptor gene, while no such mutations were found in latent carcinomas from American men...
- Modulator recognition factor 1, an AT-rich interaction domain family member, is a novel corepressor for estrogen receptor alphaSerban P Georgescu
Molecular Cardiology Research Institute, New England Medical Center and Department of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:2491-501. 2005..MRF1 also interacts in a ligand-dependent manner with thyroid receptor alpha, retinoid X receptor alpha, and androgen receptor, and in a ligand-independent manner with ERbeta and the retinoic acid receptor...
- Tumor suppressor PAX6 functions as androgen receptor co-repressor to inhibit prostate cancer growthChih Rong Shyr
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Biotechnology, Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan
Prostate 70:190-9. 2010..The androgen receptor (AR) plays a pivotal role in prostate cancer development and progression due to its transcriptional activity ..
- Intratumoral de novo steroid synthesis activates androgen receptor in castration-resistant prostate cancer and is upregulated by treatment with CYP17A1 inhibitorsChangmeng Cai
Hematology Oncology Division, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 71:6503-13. 2011..occurs after androgen deprivation therapy of primary prostate cancer can be mediated by reactivation of the androgen receptor (AR)...
- FUS/TLS is a co-activator of androgen receptor in prostate cancer cellsSimon Haile
Genome Sciences Centre, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e24197. 2011b>Androgen receptor (AR) is a member of the nuclear receptor family of transcription factors...
- Expression of the human androgen receptor gene utilizes a common promoter in diverse human tissues and cell linesW D Tilley
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 8857
J Biol Chem 265:13776-81. 1990..To define the mechanisms controlling the expression of the androgen receptor, we have isolated and characterized the promoter of the androgen receptor gene in the human prostate cell ..
- Spinocerebellar ataxia type-1 and spinobulbar muscular atrophy gene products interact with glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenaseB Koshy
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Hum Mol Genet 5:1311-8. 1996..glutamine repeat-containing proteins involved in neurodegenerative disorders, we tested its binding to the androgen receptor which is mutated in spinobulbar muscular atrophy...
- AR possesses an intrinsic hormone-independent transcriptional activityZhi Qing Huang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Endocrinol 16:924-37. 2002..Altogether, our studies reveal that AR has a capacity to activate transcription in a ligand-independent manner...
- Increased (CTG/CAG)(n) lengths in myotonic dystrophy type 1 and Machado-Joseph disease genes in idiopathic azoospermia patientsHuichin Pan
Department of Life Sciences, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Hum Reprod 17:1578-83. 2002An increase in CAG trinucleotide repeat length in the androgen receptor (AR) gene has been linked to idiopathic azoospermia.
- TOFA (5-tetradecyl-oxy-2-furoic acid) reduces fatty acid synthesis, inhibits expression of AR, neuropilin-1 and Mcl-1 and kills prostate cancer cells independent of p53 statusNatalya V Guseva
University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 12:80-5. 2011A key player in prostate cancer development and progression is the androgen receptor (AR). Tumor-associated lipogenesis can protect cancer cells from carcinogenic- and therapeutic-associated treatments...
- Identification of a novel RING finger protein as a coregulator in steroid receptor-mediated gene transcriptionA M Moilanen
Department of Physiology, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Helsinki, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Mol Cell Biol 18:5128-39. 1998Using the DNA-binding domain of androgen receptor (AR) as a bait in a yeast two-hybrid screening, we have identified a small nuclear RING finger protein, termed SNURF, that interacts with AR in a hormone-dependent fashion in both yeast ..
- Stimulation of N-terminal truncated isoform of androgen receptor stabilizes human ether-á-go-go-related gene-encoded potassium channel protein via activation of extracellular signal regulated kinase 1/2Zhi yuan Wu
Department of Pharmacology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117597, Singapore
Endocrinology 149:5061-9. 2008..HERG protein abundance in HEK293 cells stably expressing HERG in the presence of coexpressed cardiac androgen receptor (AR) variant [N-terminal truncated isoform of AR (AR45)]...
- Anti-androgens and the mutated androgen receptor of LNCaP cells: differential effects on binding affinity, heat-shock protein interaction, and transcription activationJ Veldscholte
Department of Endocrinology and Reproduction, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Biochemistry 31:2393-9. 1992Previous studies from this laboratory have described that LNCaP prostate tumor cells contain an androgen receptor (AR) with a point mutation in the steroid-binding domain (codon 868, Thr to Ala)...
- Mutual transcriptional interference between RelA and androgen receptorJ J Palvimo
Institute of Biomedicine, Department of Physiology, University of Helsinki, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
J Biol Chem 271:24151-6. 1996Cross-modulation between androgen receptor (AR) and NF-kappaB/Rel proteins was studied using various androgen- and NF-kappaB-regulated reporter genes under transient transfection conditions...
- SENP1 enhances androgen receptor-dependent transcription through desumoylation of histone deacetylase 1Jinke Cheng
Department of Cardiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:6021-8. 2004..Here we show that androgen receptor (AR)-mediated transcription is markedly enhanced by SENP1, a member of SUMO-specific protease family...
- Androgen receptor gene mutations in X-linked spinal and bulbar muscular atrophyA R La Spada
Neurology Department, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6146
Nature 352:77-9. 1991..We have now investigated whether the androgen receptor gene on the proximal long arm of the X chromosome is a candidate gene for this disease...
- Intermolecular NH2-/carboxyl-terminal interactions in androgen receptor dimerization revealed by mutations that cause androgen insensitivityE Langley
Laboratories for Reproductive Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 273:92-101. 1998Structural alignment of the human androgen receptor dimer was investigated by introducing steroid binding domain mutations that cause partial or complete androgen insensitivity into fusion proteins containing the full-length androgen ..
- CREB binding protein is a coactivator for the androgen receptor and mediates cross-talk with AP-1K Frønsdal
Biotechnology Centre of Oslo, University of Oslo, Gaustadalleen 21, 0371 Oslo, Norway
J Biol Chem 273:31853-9. 1998..The effects of androgens are mediated through the androgen receptor (AR), which is a ligand-modulated transcription factor that belongs to the nuclear receptor superfamily...
- Androgen receptor gene mutations in hormone-refractory prostate cancerM J Wallén
Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, FIN 33101 Tampere, Finland
J Pathol 189:559-63. 1999..As a key mediator of hormonal response, the androgen receptor (AR) is believed to have an important role in the progression of prostate cancer...
- PNRC: a proline-rich nuclear receptor coregulatory protein that modulates transcriptional activation of multiple nuclear receptors including orphan receptors SF1 (steroidogenic factor 1) and ERRalpha1 (estrogen related receptor alpha-1)D Zhou
Division of Immunology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Mol Endocrinol 14:986-98. 2000..with the ligand-binding domains of all the nuclear receptors tested including estrogen receptor (ER), androgen receptor (AR), glucocorticoid receptor (GR), progesterone receptor (PR), thyroid hormone receptor (TR), retinoic acid ..
- Oct-1 preferentially interacts with androgen receptor in a DNA-dependent manner that facilitates recruitment of SRC-1M I Gonzalez
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0618, USA
J Biol Chem 276:6420-8. 2001..This enhancer has, in addition to multiple androgen receptor (AR)-binding sites, a central region (FPIV) with a binding site for the ubiquitous transcription factor Oct-..
- Linking beta-catenin to androgen-signaling pathwayFajun Yang
Department of Surgery and Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5328, USA
J Biol Chem 277:11336-44. 2002..The growth-promoting effects of androgen on prostate cells are mediated mostly through the androgen receptor (AR)...
- Lack of influence of the androgen receptor gene CAG-repeat polymorphism on sex steroid status and bone metabolism in elderly menI Van Pottelbergh
Unit for Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Diseases, Ghent University Hospital, Gent, Belgium
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 55:659-66. 2001..Ultimate androgen action is mediated through the androgen receptor. Subtle differences in androgen sensitivity might contribute to serum T variability through the T negative ..
- Liganded androgen receptor interaction with beta-catenin: nuclear co-localization and modulation of transcriptional activity in neuronal cellsJohn E Pawlowski
Research Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80220, USA
J Biol Chem 277:20702-10. 2002A yeast two-hybrid assay was employed to identify androgen receptor (AR) protein partners in gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuronal cells...
- DJBP: a novel DJ-1-binding protein, negatively regulates the androgen receptor by recruiting histone deacetylase complex, and DJ-1 antagonizes this inhibition by abrogation of this complexTakeshi Niki
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences and College of Medical Technology, Hokkaido University, Kita ku, Sapporo, Japan
Mol Cancer Res 1:247-61. 2003..PIAS (protein inhibitor of activated STAT)xalpha as a DJ-1-binding protein, and found that DJ-1 restored androgen receptor (AR) transcription activity that was repressed by PIASxalpha...
- Selective DNA recognition by the androgen receptor as a mechanism for hormone-specific regulation of gene expressionGuy Verrijdt
Division of Biochemistry, Laboratory of Biochemistry, Catholic University of Leuven, Campus Gasthuisberg O and N, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Mol Genet Metab 78:175-85. 2003The androgen receptor (AR) is a member of the highly conserved group of the class I steroid hormone receptors, a subgroup of the nuclear receptor superfamily of ligand-induced transcription factors...
- A direct beta-catenin-independent interaction between androgen receptor and T cell factor 4Avital L Amir
Cancer Biology Program, Hematology Oncology Division, The Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 278:30828-34. 2003..A recently demonstrated interaction between beta-catenin and the androgen receptor (AR) ligand binding domain has suggested that AR may be a Tcf-independent Wnt/beta-catenin effector...
- p54nrb acts as a transcriptional coactivator for activation function 1 of the human androgen receptorKen Ishitani
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, 113 0032, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 306:660-5. 2003The androgen receptor (AR) has two transactivation functions that have been mapped to the N- and C-terminal domains and designated as activation function-1 (AF-1) and AF-2, respectively...
- Androgen receptor gene polymorphism and breast cancer susceptibility in The PhilippinesAlexander Liede
University of Toronto and Sunnybrook Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1N8, Canada
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:848-52. 2003..studied the association of breast cancer and the trinucleotide repeat polymorphism (CAGn) in exon 1 of the androgen receptor gene (AR) in 299 cases of breast cancer and in 229 hospital-based controls from The Philippines...
- hZimp10 is an androgen receptor co-activator and forms a complex with SUMO-1 at replication fociManju Sharma
Department of Urology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
EMBO J 22:6101-14. 2003The androgen receptor (AR) plays a central role in male sexual development and in normal and malignant prostate cell growth and survival...
- S Marc Breedlove; Fiscal Year: 2015..We will use Cre- lox- technologies in laboratory mice to selectively disable the genes for the androgen receptor (AR) and/or brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF)...
- Androgen Receptor Function in White Adipocyte DevelopmentBin He; Fiscal Year: 2010..Knowledge in this field may well facilitate the development of adipocyte selective androgen receptor modulators, which may be a useful treatment strategy for obesity-associated metabolic diseases.
- Nemo-Like Kinase and the Pathogenesis of Spinal and Bulbar Muscular AtrophyTIFFANY WERLYNE TODD; Fiscal Year: 2013..SBMA is caused by an expansion of a polymorphic CAG trinucleotide repeat in the Androgen Receptor (AR) gene, classifying the disease as one of the nine polyglutamine (polyQ) disorders...
- Albert R La Spada; Fiscal Year: 2014..molecular and mechanistic basis of SBMA disease pathogenesis by defining the role of polyglutamine-expanded androgen receptor in the transcriptional dysregulation originally uncovered in our highly representative mouse model for SBMA...
- Charles C Y Shih; Fiscal Year: 2014..No effective therapy currently exists. SBMA is caused by an X-chromosome linked androgen receptor (AR) gene mutation resulting in excessive repeats of the amino acid glutamine (polyQ)...
- Andrew P Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2016..atrophy (SBMA), is characterized by degeneration of lower motor neurons and is caused by a mutation in the androgen receptor (AR) gene...
- Andrew P Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2014..muscular atrophy (SBMA), is a degenerative disorder of lower motor neurons caused by a mutation in the androgen receptor (AR) gene...
- POLYGLUTAMINE NEUROTOXICITY IN SBMADiane E Merry; Fiscal Year: 2013..is an adult-onset, inherited neuromuscular disease that is caused by polyglutamine expansion within the androgen receptor (AR);it is related to other neurodegenerative diseases caused by polyglutamine expansion, including ..
- HDAC6 and the intersection between the UPS, autophagy, and neurodegenerationJOSEPH PAUL TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2012..SBMA is caused by trinucleotide (CAG) repeat expansion in the first exon of the androgen receptor gene leading to polyglutamine expansion in AR protein...
- Defining the role of SUMOylation in spinobulbar muscular atrophyJASON PAUL CHUA; Fiscal Year: 2013..atrophy (SBMA) is a degenerative disorder of lower motor neurons caused by a CAG/glutamine expansion in the androgen receptor (AR) gene...
- The role of androgen receptor acetylation in the polyglutamine disease SBMADiane E Merry; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The nature of the nuclear events that transform the mutant androgen receptor (AR) into a toxic species have become a major focus of study in the field of spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy (SBMA) ..
- Novel Therapeutic Approaches in SBMADiane E Merry; Fiscal Year: 2010..SBMA is an adult-onset neuromuscular disease that is caused by polyglutamine expansion within the androgen receptor (AR);it is related mechanistically to other neurodegenerative diseases caused by polyglutamine expansion...
- POLYGLUTAMINE NEUROTOXICITY IN SBMADiane E Merry; Fiscal Year: 2010..neurons of the anterior horn and brainstem and caused by the expansion of a polyglutamine tract within the androgen receptor (AR)...
- The role of the N/C interaction of the androgen receptor in SBMALori Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is caused by a polymorphic trinucleotide-expansion in the androgen receptor gene that encodes a polyglutamine tract in the protein...
- Diane E Merry; Fiscal Year: 2015..SBMA is an adult-onset neuromuscular disease that is caused by polyglutamine expansion within the androgen receptor (AR);it is related mechanistically to other neurodegenerative diseases caused by polyglutamine expansion...
- JOSEPH PAUL TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2015..atrophy (SBMA), a neurodegenerative disease caused by expansion of a polyglutamine (polyQ) tract in the androgen receptor (AR)...
- Study of the HFE Transferrin Receptor interaction in mammalian iron homeostasisPaul Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2010..The resulting data will give new insight into the function of the Hfe/TfM complex and aid in distinguishing among competing models for how Hfe regulates iron homeostasis...
- Douglas W DeSimone; Fiscal Year: 2016..Traction force microscopy (TFM) and paramagnetic bead-pull experiments will be used to define cell-cell adhesive forces required to maintain ..
- Calpains and Mechanical ForcesKaren A Beningo; Fiscal Year: 2010..site-directed mutagenesis, 2-D gel electrophoresis, and live cell imaging using TIRF and traction force microscopy (TFM) along with physical micromanipulations...
- 2011 CAG Triplet Repeat Disorders GRC/GRSLaura P W Ranum; Fiscal Year: 2011..This group of diseases includes Huntington's disease (HD), spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy (SBMA, Kennedy's disease), spinocerebellar ataxias types 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, and 17, and dentatorubropallidoluysian ..
- CAG Triplet Repeat DisordersLeslie Michels Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2013..This group of diseases includes Huntington's disease (HD), spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy (SBMA, Kennedy's disease), spinocerebellar ataxias types 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, and 17, and dentatorubropallidoluysian ..
- Treatment Implementation and Mental Health Outcomes for Youth in Residential CareKRISTIN DUPPONG HURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..develop a multifaceted assessment approach to efficiently measure the implementation of the Teaching Family Model (TFM);(Aim 2) assess the feasibility of administration and evaluate the preliminary psychometric properties of the ..
- Axonal Transport in a Myogenic Model of Spinal Bulbar Muscular Atrophy (SBMA)Michael Kemp; Fiscal Year: 2009..which retrograde transport and/or endocytosis are involved in a myogenic model of Spinal Bulbar Muscular Atrophy (SBMA)...
- 2009 CAG Triplet Repeat Disorders Gordon Research ConferenceJang Ho Cha; Fiscal Year: 2009..This group of diseases includes Huntington's disease (HD), spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy (SBMA, Kennedy's disease), spinocerebellar ataxias types 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, and 17, and dentatorubropallidoluysian ..
- PROSTATIC REGRESSION--DEVELOPMENTAL APPROACHGerald Cunha; Fiscal Year: 1992..Analysis of chimeric prostates composed of wild-type stroma+Tfm (testicular feminization) epithelial cells will be performed to determine the role of epithelial androgen receptors ..
- Cell-specific Gene Targeting in Urologic TissuesJAMES CATTERALL; Fiscal Year: 2005..of the effects of inactivation of specific genes such as VHL, the gene for Von Hippel Landau disease or the androgen receptor for which systemic inactivation (i.e...
- Hormonal Control of SBMA PathogenesisDiane Merry; Fiscal Year: 2007..neurons of the anterior horn and brainstem and caused by the expansion of a polyglutamine tract within the androgen receptor (AR)...
- HETEROSPECIFIC CELL/CELL INTERACTIONS IN PROSTATE GROWTHGerald Cunha; Fiscal Year: 2001..prostatic epithelium, (c) in vivo analysis of growth factor/growth factor receptors in testicular feminization (Tfm)/wild type tissue recombinants, and (d) in vivo analysis of growth factor/growth factor receptors in estrogen ..
- Triplet Repeat Disease:Requirement for Caspase CleavageLisa Ellerby; Fiscal Year: 2007..These include Huntington's disease (HD), spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy (SBMA, Kennedy's disease), Machado-Joseph disease (MJD or SCA-3), dentatorubropallidoluysian atrophy (DRPLA), and ..
- BEHAVIORAL REGULATION OF NEUROENDOCRINE CELLSEMILIE RISSMAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..the PI has obtained several additional KO mice; including the estrogen receptor beta knockout and Tfm mice (androgen receptor knockouts)...
- Models of Estrogen Interactions with Alzheimer DiseaseCaleb Finch; Fiscal Year: 2006..projects Core B (Animals, Finch) provides aging rodents of defined hormonal status (Sprague-Dawley rats; C57BL/6J mice) and genotyped mutant and knockout mice (Er-alpha-KO, Er-beta-KO, Tfm (mutant androgen receptor), and src-KO).
- Youth Alcohol Use and Risky Sexual Behavior in BangkokPAMELA CUPP; Fiscal Year: 2009..This adapted program will be called the Thai Family Matters (TFM) program. Using a family-based approach in Thailand is appropriate for several reasons...
- POLYGLUTAMINE-INDUCED NEURODEGENERATION IN SBMAMarc Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2001..in Spinal and Bulbar Muscular Atrophy (SBMA) or Kennedy's disease, in which repeat expansion in the androgen receptor (AR) gene causes polyglutamine tract expansion in AR protein (termed ARK henceforth)...
- Regulation of Polyglutamine Aggregation and ToxicityMarc Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2009..are a devastating family of inherited disorders that include Huntington Disease and spinobulbar muscular atrophy (SBMA)...
- Hormone-Mediated Differentiation of Two Sexually Dimorphic NucleiAlfredo Durazzo; Fiscal Year: 2009..The current proposal is aimed at determining the role of the androgen receptor (AR) in regulating the morphology of two sexually dimorphic brain areas, the posterodorsal medial amygdala (..
- IMMUNE POTENTIAL OF ANIMAL LACKING CLASS IA MOLECULESJAMES M FORMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..We postulate that effector CDS T memory cells (TFM)...
- MINORITY PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMSuzanne Angeli; Fiscal Year: 2009The androgen receptor (AR) is a steroid-activated transcription factor that is essential in male development and reproduction and in the progression of prostate cancer...
- Inhibition of Fetal Prostate Development by DioxinSARAH ALLGEIER; Fiscal Year: 2007..UGSs will be analyzed from wild-type and AR-deficient (Tfm) male C57BL/6J fetuses exposed in utero to vehicle or TCDD during day 15 to day 16 of gestation, the critical ..
- Mechanism of Androgen Receptor Induced CytotoxicityMichelle Lafevre Bernt; Fiscal Year: 2004..caused by an expansion of CAG repeats (which encode for glutamine) in the 5' end of the coding region of the androgen receptor (AR) gene...
- A conditional null mutant of the mouse Npc1 geneAndrew Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Modifiers of Polyglutamine ToxicityAndrew Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Kennedy's disease, a degenerative disorder of motor neurons caused by a CAG/glutamine expansion in the androgen receptor. The laboratory's long-range goal is to understand the mechanisms by which expansions of glutamine ..
- Altered Androgen Receptor Function Due to CAG ExpansionAndrew Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Among these disorders is Kennedy's disease, a motor neuronopathy caused by a mutation in the androgen receptor gene. It is not well understood how this mutation causes neuronal degeneration...
- Deciphering Beta-Catenin Contributions in Prostate CanceDavid Mulholland; Fiscal Year: 2008..and can be attributed to activation of pro-survival cell signalling by circulating growth factors, aberrant androgen receptor (AR) transcription and evasion of apoptosis...
- Prosaposin, a novel tumor marker for prostate cancerShahriar Koochekpour; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Androgen Receptor in Prostate Cancer and BoneChawnshang Chang; Fiscal Year: 2005..One of the important mediators of prostate cancer cell proliferation is androgens functioning through the androgen receptor (AR)...
- RISK FACTORS FOR ADVANCED PROSTATE CANCERSue Ingles; Fiscal Year: 2003..Dietary and risk-factor questionnaires and blood samples will be collected. Odds ratios and effect modification will be evaluated using standard epidemiologic methods. ..
- AR-ASSOCIATED PROTEINS IN PROSTATE CARCINOGENESISChawnshang Chang; Fiscal Year: 2001..whether a change in the molecular mechanism of androgen receptor (AR) function can contribute to the progression of human CaP to an androgen-independent state is an ..
- BREAST CANCER AND GENE POLYMORPHISMS IN CHINESE WOMENChu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..and catabolism of estrogens (CYP11a, CYP17, EDH17beta2, CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, COMT), and those for the androgen receptor, estrogen receptor and IGF-I genes are related to the risk of breast cancer and proliferative breast disease...
- Genetic Etiologies of Esophageal Barrett's and CancerCharis Eng; Fiscal Year: 2003..This might facilitate molecular diagnostics and early prediction as well as targeted surveillance and prophylaxis. ..
- Genetic Polymorphisms Benign Prostatic HyperplasiaROSEBUD ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2004..This community-based cohort study should provide insights that should improve our understanding of the genetic control of hormonal mechanisms in the pathogenesis of BPH. ..
- ETIOLOGIC HETEROGENEITY IN LATE ONSET BREAST CANCERTimothy Rebbeck; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of these analyses will be used to attempt to elucidate the complex, multifactorial aetiology of late onset breast cancer. ..
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGY OF LUNG CANCERChu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..g. Rosaceae fruits and Cruciferae vegetables), and food-derived nutrients (e.g. carotenoids, vitamin C, and vitamin E). ..
- Neurodegeneration and Polyglutamine Toxicity DRPLAChristopher Ross; Fiscal Year: 2007..Proteolytic cleavage would be an especially good target for therapeutic interventions. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ethnic difference in prostate cancerTimothy R Rebbeck; Fiscal Year: 2010..These genes include the cytochromes P450 CYP3A4, CYP3A5, CYP3A43, and CYP19, 5alpha-reductase II (SRD5A2), androgen receptor (AR), and the hydroxy-steroid dehydrogenases type II 3beta (HSD3B) and type 17beta (HSD17B)...
- Meningioma: Risk Factors and Quality of LifeJoellen M Schildkraut; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study represents the first concentrated effort to examine environmental and genetic risk factors for meningioma. ..
- IGF-I/ALS TrialEric Sorenson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The preliminary data from our prior trial allows design of a phase III treatment trial that will yield a definitive result about the treatment effect of IGF-I. ..
- Modifiers of Cancer Risk in BRCA 1/2 Mutation CarriersTimothy Rebbeck; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our substantial multidisciplinary experience will therefore allow us to readily translate basic science and epidemiological data to clinically relevant information. ..
- Vascular and Inflammatory Predictors of MCI Risk and ProgressionROSEBUD ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2008..The K01 award will culminate in an R01 application that will pave the way for the candidate to become an independent investigator in MCI and AD research. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Epidemiology of Myelodysplastic SyndromesSara Strom; Fiscal Year: 2002..The identification of risk factors associated with the development of MDS is an important health concern, as it could lead to the eventual prevention of this syndrome and consequent reduction in the incidence of AML. ..
- ANTIOXIDANTS AND FEMALE HORMONES IN THE ETIOLOGY OF RAElizabeth Karlson; Fiscal Year: 2002..RA will be confirmed by a screening questionnaire regarding rheumatic symptoms and review of medical records. The study will identify potentially modifiable risk factors for primary prevention of RA. ..
- Mitochondrial Haplogroups and Breast Cancer RiskDavid Cox; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetics of Turner Syndrome Neurocognitive PhenotypeAndrew Zinn; Fiscal Year: 2006..The project will combine molecular characterization of subjects with detailed cognitive evaluations to elucidate the role of SHOX or other pseudoautosomal gene deficiencies in the TS neurocognitive phenotype. ..
- ORAL CANCER: MOLECULAR PROFILES & CLINICAL OUTCOMESChu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..HPV plays an important etiologic role in some oropharyngeal cancers, we plan to determine and incorporate HPV genotypes in the analyses and interpretation of the study findings. ..
- NEUROGENETICS, SEROTONIN, AND HUMAN AGGRESSIONSTEPHEN MANUCK; Fiscal Year: 2003..This application is the resubmission of a prior proposal of the same title. ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of t-MDS/AMLSara Strom; Fiscal Year: 2007..We believe that this study will provide future hypotheses for research into treatment- related malignancies, and may lead to eventual improvements in cancer survivorship. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EXTRACEL MATRIX INTEGRIN SIGNALING IN PROSTATE CANCERLeland Chung; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Cohort Study of Risks for Benign Prostatic HyperplasiaAlan Kristal; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results from this study will enhance our understanding of the etiology of symptomatic BPH and could potentially be used to develop new strategies for prevention and control of this very common disease. ..
- A Pilot Study of Novel Candidate Genes for PreeclampsiaSue Ingles; Fiscal Year: 2005..While the likely severity of such bias has been debated in the epidemiologic literature, there have been no studies to assess the extent of this problem in Hispanics, one of the populations that is most likely to be affected. ..
- PREQUEL Study In PRE-manifest HD of CoQ10/UbiquinonE Leading to Preventive TrialsChristopher A Ross; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- The Molecular Epidemiology Of Ovarian CancerJoellen M Schildkraut; Fiscal Year: 2010..Ness), Los Angeles (Drs. Pearce and Wu) and Seattle (Dr. Rossing). Further confirmation will be pursued in collaboration with the Ovarian Cancer Association Consortium (OCAC) in the future. ..
- Novel human androgen receptor variantsPatent Number: EP1213300-A1; Date:2002-06-12