Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ANAPC7
Description: anaphase promoting complex subunit 7
Alias: APC7, anaphase-promoting complex subunit 7, cyclosome subunit 7
- Tran K, Kamil J, Coen D, Spector D. Inactivation and disassembly of the anaphase-promoting complex during human cytomegalovirus infection is associated with degradation of the APC5 and APC4 subunits and does not require UL97-mediated phosphorylation of Cdh1. J Virol. 2010;84:10832-43 pubmed publisher..Immediate early viral gene expression was not sufficient for the degradation of APC4 and APC5, indicating that a viral early gene product(s), possibly in association with a de novo-synthesized cellular protein(s), is involved. ..
- Tran K, Mahr J, Choi J, Teodoro J, Green M, Spector D. Accumulation of substrates of the anaphase-promoting complex (APC) during human cytomegalovirus infection is associated with the phosphorylation of Cdh1 and the dissociation and relocalization of APC subunits. J Virol. 2008;82:529-37 pubmed..Taken together, these results illustrate that HCMV has adopted multiple mechanisms to inactivate the APC, which underscores its importance for a productive infection. ..
- Dube P, Herzog F, Gieffers C, Sander B, Riedel D, Müller S, et al. Localization of the coactivator Cdh1 and the cullin subunit Apc2 in a cryo-electron microscopy model of vertebrate APC/C. Mol Cell. 2005;20:867-79 pubmed..We have further identified a large flexible domain in APC/C that adopts a different orientation upon Cdh1 binding. Cdh1 may thus activate APC/C both by recruiting substrates and by inducing conformational changes. ..
- Mansfeld J, Collin P, Collins M, Choudhary J, Pines J. APC15 drives the turnover of MCC-CDC20 to make the spindle assembly checkpoint responsive to kinetochore attachment. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:1234-43 pubmed publisher..We conclude that APC15 mediates the constant turnover of CDC20 and MCCs on the APC/C to allow the SAC to respond to the attachment state of kinetochores. ..
- Vodermaier H, Gieffers C, Maurer Stroh S, Eisenhaber F, Peters J. TPR subunits of the anaphase-promoting complex mediate binding to the activator protein CDH1. Curr Biol. 2003;13:1459-68 pubmed..In vitro, the C termini of CDC20 and CDH1 bind to the closely related TPR subunits APC3 and APC7. Homology modeling predicts that these proteins are similar in structure to the peroxisomal import receptor PEX5, ..
- Gieffers C, Peters B, Kramer E, Dotti C, Peters J. Expression of the CDH1-associated form of the anaphase-promoting complex in postmitotic neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:11317-22 pubmed..On the basis of these results, we propose that the functions of APC(CDH1) are not restricted to controlling cell-cycle progression but may include the ubiquitination of yet unidentified substrates in differentiated cells. ..
- Miller J, Summers M, Hansen D, Nachury M, Lehman N, Loktev A, et al. Emi1 stably binds and inhibits the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome as a pseudosubstrate inhibitor. Genes Dev. 2006;20:2410-20 pubmed..The combination of a degron/E3 recognition site and an anti-ligase function in Emi1 suggests a general model for how E3 substrates evolve to become pseudosubstrate inhibitors. ..
- Kim S, Ho J, Jin H, Lee S, Lee S, Hong S, et al. Upregulated expression of BCL2, MCM7, and CCNE1 indicate cisplatin-resistance in the set of two human bladder cancer cell lines: T24 cisplatin sensitive and T24R2 cisplatin resistant bladder cancer cell lines. Investig Clin Urol. 2016;57:63-72 pubmed publisher..genes were PRKAR2A, PRKAR2B, CYCS, BCL2, BIRC3, DFFB, CASP6, CDK6, CCNE1, STEAP3, MCM7, ORC2, ORC5, ANAPC1, and ANAPC7, CDC7, CDC27, and SKP1...
- Lim H, Dimova N, Tan M, Sigoillot F, King R, Shi Y. The G2/M regulator histone demethylase PHF8 is targeted for degradation by the anaphase-promoting complex containing CDC20. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:4166-80 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that PHF8 is regulated by APC(cdc20) and plays an important role in the G2/M transition. ..
- Zhang Z, Yang J, Kong E, Chao W, Morris E, da Fonseca P, et al. Recombinant expression, reconstitution and structure of human anaphase-promoting complex (APC/C). Biochem J. 2013;449:365-71 pubmed publisher..Additional density present in the human APC/C structure, proximal to Apc3/Cdc27 of the TPR lobe, is assigned to the TPR subunit Apc7, a subunit specific to vertebrate APC/C.
- Hein J, Nilsson J. Stable MCC binding to the APC/C is required for a functional spindle assembly checkpoint. EMBO Rep. 2014;15:264-72 pubmed publisher..We thus show that stable MCC association with the APC/C is critical for a functional SAC. ..
- Brown N, Watson E, Weissmann F, Jarvis M, VanderLinden R, Grace C, et al. Mechanism of polyubiquitination by human anaphase-promoting complex: RING repurposing for ubiquitin chain assembly. Mol Cell. 2014;56:246-60 pubmed publisher..Our data define mechanisms of APC/UBE2S-mediated polyubiquitination, reveal diverse functions of RING E3s and E2s, and provide a framework for understanding distinctive RING E3 features specifying ubiquitin chain elongation. ..
- Song M, Carracedo A, Salmena L, Song S, Egia A, Malumbres M, et al. Nuclear PTEN regulates the APC-CDH1 tumor-suppressive complex in a phosphatase-independent manner. Cell. 2011;144:187-99 pubmed publisher..This finding identifies a strategy for cancer patient stratification and, thus, optimization of targeted therapies. PAPERCLIP: ..
- Holzmann J, Fuchs J, Pichler P, Peters J, Mechtler K. Lesson from the stoichiometry determination of the cohesin complex: a short protease mediated elution increases the recovery from cross-linked antibody-conjugated beads. J Proteome Res. 2011;10:780-9 pubmed publisher..In summary, we show that the protease elution protocol increases the recovery from affinity beads and is compatible with quantitative measurements such as the stoichiometry determination of protein complexes. ..
- Yamaguchi M, Yu S, Qiao R, Weissmann F, Miller D, VanderLinden R, et al. Structure of an APC3-APC16 complex: insights into assembly of the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome. J Mol Biol. 2015;427:1748-64 pubmed publisher..The Arc Lamp contains the small subunits APC16, CDC26, and APC13, and tetratricopeptide repeat (TPR) proteins (APC7, APC3, APC6, and APC8) that homodimerize and stack with quasi-2-fold symmetry...
- Grossberger R, Gieffers C, Zachariae W, Podtelejnikov A, Schleiffer A, Nasmyth K, et al. Characterization of the DOC1/APC10 subunit of the yeast and the human anaphase-promoting complex. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:14500-7 pubmed..DOC domains may therefore be important for reactions catalyzed by several types of ubiquitin-protein ligases. ..
- Hames R, Wattam S, Yamano H, Bacchieri R, Fry A. APC/C-mediated destruction of the centrosomal kinase Nek2A occurs in early mitosis and depends upon a cyclin A-type D-box. EMBO J. 2001;20:7117-27 pubmed..We propose that recognition of substrates by the APC/C-Cdc20 in early mitosis depends upon possession of an extended D-box motif. ..
- Lukas C, Sørensen C, Kramer E, Santoni Rugiu E, Lindeneg C, Peters J, et al. Accumulation of cyclin B1 requires E2F and cyclin-A-dependent rearrangement of the anaphase-promoting complex. Nature. 1999;401:815-8 pubmed..These results implicate an E2F-dependent, cyclin A/Cdk2-mediated phosphorylation of Cdh1 in the timely accumulation of cyclin B1 and the coordination of cell-cycle progression during the post-restriction point period. ..
- Liu J, Fuchs S. Cross-talk between APC/C and CBP/p300. Cancer Biol Ther. 2006;5:760-2 pubmed..a recent report, it is shown that APC/C interacts with transcription co-activators, CBP and p300, via its APC5 and APC7 subunits...
- Nath S, Chowdhury A, Dey S, Roychoudhury A, Ganguly A, Bhattacharyya D, et al. Deregulation of Rb-E2F1 axis causes chromosomal instability by engaging the transactivation function of Cdc20-anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:356-69 pubmed publisher..We conclude that excess E2F1 due to Rb inactivation recruits the complex of Cdc20 and the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome (Cdc20-APC/C) to deregulate the expression of UBCH10, leading to chromosomal instability in cancer cells. ..
- Kraft C, Herzog F, Gieffers C, Mechtler K, Hagting A, Pines J, et al. Mitotic regulation of the human anaphase-promoting complex by phosphorylation. EMBO J. 2003;22:6598-609 pubmed..32 sites are clustered in parts of Apc1 and the tetratricopeptide repeat (TPR) subunits Cdc27, Cdc16, Cdc23 and Apc7. In vitro, at least 15 of the mitotic phospho-sites can be generated by cyclin-dependent kinase 1 (Cdk1), and 3 by ..
- Wasch R, Robbins J, Cross F. The emerging role of APC/CCdh1 in controlling differentiation, genomic stability and tumor suppression. Oncogene. 2010;29:1-10 pubmed publisher..In addition, APC/C(Cdh1) is required to maintain genomic stability. As a result, loss of Cdh1 can contribute to tumorigenesis in the form of proliferation of poorly differentiated and genetically unstable cells. ..
- Chan G, Yen T. The mitotic checkpoint: a signaling pathway that allows a single unattached kinetochore to inhibit mitotic exit. Prog Cell Cycle Res. 2003;5:431-9 pubmed..A single unattached kinetochore is proposed to amplify the "wait anaphase" signal through a kinase cascade involving checkpoint kinases such as hBubR1, hBub1 and Mps1. ..
- Uzunova K, Dye B, Schutz H, Ladurner R, Petzold G, Toyoda Y, et al. APC15 mediates CDC20 autoubiquitylation by APC/C(MCC) and disassembly of the mitotic checkpoint complex. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:1116-23 pubmed publisher..We propose that APC15 and Mnd2 negatively regulate APC/C coactivators and report generation of recombinant human APC/C. ..
- Hagting A, den Elzen N, Vodermaier H, Waizenegger I, Peters J, Pines J. Human securin proteolysis is controlled by the spindle checkpoint and reveals when the APC/C switches from activation by Cdc20 to Cdh1. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:1125-37 pubmed..Thus, defects in securin destruction alter chromosome segregation and may be relevant to the development of aneuploidy in cancer. ..
- Hein J, Nilsson J. Interphase APC/C-Cdc20 inhibition by cyclin A2-Cdk2 ensures efficient mitotic entry. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10975 pubmed publisher..We have thus uncovered a novel positive feedback loop centred on cyclin A2-Cdk2 inhibition of interphase APC/C-Cdc20 to allow further cyclin A2 accumulation and mitotic entry. ..
- Rahimi H, Ahmadzadeh A, Yousef amoli S, Kokabee L, Shokrgozar M, Mahdian R, et al. The expression pattern of APC2 and APC7 in various cancer cell lines and AML patients. Adv Med Sci. 2015;60:259-63 pubmed publisher..b>APC7 and APC2 subunits of the APC/C complex are involved in the substrate recognition and the catalytic reaction, ..
- Lara Gonzalez P, Scott M, Diez M, Sen O, Taylor S. BubR1 blocks substrate recruitment to the APC/C in a KEN-box-dependent manner. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:4332-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose a model in which the BubR1 KEN boxes play two very different roles, the first to promote MCC assembly and the second to block substrate recruitment to APC/C(Cdc20). ..
- Huang X, Summers M, Pham V, Lill J, Liu J, Lee G, et al. Deubiquitinase USP37 is activated by CDK2 to antagonize APC(CDH1) and promote S phase entry. Mol Cell. 2011;42:511-23 pubmed publisher..USP37 was inactive in mitosis because it was no longer phosphorylated by CDK2. Indeed, it switched from an antagonist to a substrate of APC(CDH1) and was modified with degradative K11-linked polyubiquitin. ..
- Wu T, Merbl Y, Huo Y, Gallop J, Tzur A, Kirschner M. UBE2S drives elongation of K11-linked ubiquitin chains by the anaphase-promoting complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:1355-60 pubmed publisher..UBE2S copurifies with APC; dominant-negative Ube2S slows down APC substrate degradation in functional cell-cycle extracts. We propose that Ube2S is a critical, unique component of the APC ubiquitination pathway. ..
- Kang Y, Kim J, Lee T, Kim T, Jung W, Chung H, et al. Expression of anaphase-promoting complex7 in fibroadenomas and phyllodes tumors of breast. Hum Pathol. 2009;40:98-107 pubmed publisher..Because anaphase-promoting complex7 is expressed at higher levels than is Ki-67, it may overcome the limitations of the Ki-67 labeling index with regard to the differentiation of benign phyllodes tumor from fibroadenoma. ..
- Qiao R, Weissmann F, Yamaguchi M, Brown N, VanderLinden R, Imre R, et al. Mechanism of APC/CCDC20 activation by mitotic phosphorylation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2570-8 pubmed publisher..These results reveal how APC/C phosphorylation enables CDC20 to bind and activate the APC/C in mitosis. ..
- Chang L, Zhang Z, Yang J, McLaughlin S, Barford D. Atomic structure of the APC/C and its mechanism of protein ubiquitination. Nature. 2015;522:450-454 pubmed publisher..The structure of the APC/C with UbcH10-ubiquitin reveals insights into the initiating ubiquitination reaction. Our results provide a quantitative framework for the design of future experiments to investigate APC/C functions in vivo. ..
- Chang L, Zhang Z, Yang J, McLaughlin S, Barford D. Molecular architecture and mechanism of the anaphase-promoting complex. Nature. 2014;513:388-393 pubmed publisher..This transition is accompanied by increased flexibility of the cullin-RING subunits and enhanced affinity for UBCH10-ubiquitin, changes which may contribute to coactivator-mediated stimulation of APC/C E3 ligase activity. ..
- Sedgwick G, Townsend K, Martin A, Shimwell N, Grand R, Stewart G, et al. Transcriptional intermediary factor 1? binds to the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome and promotes mitosis. Oncogene. 2013;32:4622-33 pubmed publisher..Together these data define novel functions for TIF1? during mitosis and suggest that a reduction in APC/C ubiquitin ligase activity promotes SAC activation. ..
- Fehr A, Gualberto N, Savaryn J, Terhune S, Yu D. Proteasome-dependent disruption of the E3 ubiquitin ligase anaphase-promoting complex by HCMV protein pUL21a. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002789 pubmed publisher..This study reveals the HCMV protein pUL21a as a novel APC regulator and uncovers a unique viral mechanism to subvert APC activity. ..
- Sugimoto N, Kitabayashi I, Osano S, Tatsumi Y, Yugawa T, Narisawa Saito M, et al. Identification of novel human Cdt1-binding proteins by a proteomics approach: proteolytic regulation by APC/CCdh1. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:1007-21 pubmed..Thus, in addition to SCF(Skp2) and cullin4-based ubiquitin ligases, APC/C(Cdh1) is a third ubiquitin ligase that plays a crucial role in proteolytic regulation of Cdt1 in mammalian cells. ..
- Sørensen C, Lukas C, Kramer E, Peters J, Bartek J, Lukas J. A conserved cyclin-binding domain determines functional interplay between anaphase-promoting complex-Cdh1 and cyclin A-Cdk2 during cell cycle progression. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:3692-703 pubmed..Collectively, these data provide a mechanistic explanation for the mutual functional interplay between cyclin A-Cdk2 and APC-Cdh1 and the first evidence that Cdh1 may activate the APC by binding specific substrates. ..
- Park K, Choi S, Eom M, Kang Y. Downregulation of the anaphase-promoting complex (APC)7 in invasive ductal carcinomas of the breast and its clinicopathologic relationships. Breast Cancer Res. 2005;7:R238-47 pubmed..The expression of APC7 was immunohistochemically investigated in 108 invasive ductal carcinomas of the breast and its relationship with ..
- Jin L, Williamson A, Banerjee S, Philipp I, Rape M. Mechanism of ubiquitin-chain formation by the human anaphase-promoting complex. Cell. 2008;133:653-65 pubmed publisher..We propose that recognition of similar motifs in substrates and ubiquitin enables the APC/C to assemble ubiquitin chains with the specificity and efficiency required for tight cell-cycle control. ..
- Sedgwick G, Larsen M, Lischetti T, Streicher W, Jersie Christensen R, Olsen J, et al. Conformation-specific anti-Mad2 monoclonal antibodies for the dissection of checkpoint signaling. MAbs. 2016;8:689-97 pubmed publisher..Thus, our defined mAbs provide insight into checkpoint signaling and provide useful tools for future research on Mad2 function and regulation. ..
- Han D, Kim K, Kim Y, Kang Y, Lee J, Kim Y. Crystal structure of the N-terminal domain of anaphase-promoting complex subunit 7. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:15137-46 pubmed publisher..b>Apc7 is a TPR-containing subunit that exists only in vertebrate APC/C...