Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AMSH
Description: STAM binding protein
Alias: AMSH, MICCAP, STAM-binding protein, associated molecule with the SH3 domain of STAM, endosome-associated ubiquitin isopeptidase
- Interaction of AMSH with ESCRT-III and deubiquitination of endosomal cargoMonica Agromayor
Department of Infectious Diseases, King s College London School of Medicine at Guy s, King s College, and St Thomas Hospitals, London SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:23083-91. 2006..Here we report the interaction of AMSH (associated molecule with the SH3 domain of STAM), an endosomal deubiquitinating enzyme, with the endodomal sorting complex required for ..
- JAMM: a metalloprotease-like zinc site in the proteasome and signalosomeXavier I Ambroggio
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, USA
PLoS Biol 2:E2. 2004..The active site-like architecture specified by the JAMM motif motivates structure-based approaches to the study of JAMM domain proteins and the development of therapeutic proteasome and signalosome inhibitors...
- Possible involvement of a novel STAM-associated molecule "AMSH" in intracellular signal transduction mediated by cytokinesN Tanaka
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:19129-35. 1999..cloned a novel molecule interacting with the SH3 domain of STAM, which was named AMSH (associated molecule with the SH3 domain of STAM)...
- A deubiquitinating enzyme UBPY interacts with the Src homology 3 domain of Hrs-binding protein via a novel binding motif PX(V/I)(D/N)RXXKPM Kato
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Nagatsuta, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:37481-7. 2000..Ubiquitination of growth factor receptors is thought to regulate their intracellular degradation. Thus, UBPY may play a regulatory role in the degradation by interaction with the SH3 domain of Hbp via the novel SH3-binding motif...
- Release of autoinhibition converts ESCRT-III components into potent inhibitors of HIV-1 buddingAlessia Zamborlini
Program in Gene Function and Expression, Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:19140-5. 2006..The acidic half of CHMP3 also interacts with the endosome-associated ubiquitin isopeptidase AMSH, and the coexpression of AMSH or its CHMP3-binding domain converts wild-type CHMP3 into a potent inhibitor of HIV-1 ..
- Promoting bone morphogenetic protein signaling through negative regulation of inhibitory SmadsF Itoh
Division of Cellular Biochemistry, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
EMBO J 20:4132-42. 2001..Here we report the identification of a cytoplasmic protein, previously termed associated molecule with the SH3 domain of STAM (AMSH), as a direct binding partner for Smad6...
- MPN+, a putative catalytic motif found in a subset of MPN domain proteins from eukaryotes and prokaryotes, is critical for Rpn11 functionVered Maytal-Kivity
Dept of Biology, Institute for Catalysis Science and Technology Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Israel
BMC Biochem 3:28. 2002..In particular Rpn11, a lid subunit, serves as the paradigm for MPN-containing proteins as it is highly conserved and important for proteasome function...
- Recycling of EGFR and ErbB2 is associated with impaired Hrs tyrosine phosphorylation and decreased deubiquitination by AMSHInez M J Meijer
Department of Cell and Applied Biology, Faculty of Science, Nijmegen Center for Molecular Life Sciences, Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cell Signal 24:1981-8. 2012..EGFR and the EGFR-ErbB2 chimera is associated with tyrosine phosphorylation of the ESCRT-0 complex subunit Hrs and AMSH-mediated deubiquitination...
- Activation of the endosome-associated ubiquitin isopeptidase AMSH by STAM, a component of the multivesicular body-sorting machineryJohn McCullough
Physiological Laboratory, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Liverpool, Crown Street, Liverpool L69 3BX, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 16:160-5. 2006b>AMSH is an endosomal ubiquitin isopeptidase that can limit EGF receptor downregulation . It directly binds to the SH3 domain of STAM, which is constitutively associated with Hrs, a component of clathrin-coated structures on endosomes...
- A systematic analysis of human CHMP protein interactions: additional MIT domain-containing proteins bind to multiple components of the human ESCRT III complexHilda T H Tsang
Department of Medical Genetics and Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 2XY, UK
Genomics 88:333-46. 2006..In particular, we show that two further MIT domain-containing proteins (AMSH/STAMBP and LOC129531) interact with multiple components of the human ESCRT III complex.
- Molecular discrimination of structurally equivalent Lys 63-linked and linear polyubiquitin chainsDavid Komander
Division of Protein and Nucleic Acid Chemistry, Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QH, UK
EMBO Rep 10:466-73. 2009..Our results highlight remarkable specificity determinants within the ubiquitin system...
- Lys11-linked ubiquitin chains adopt compact conformations and are preferentially hydrolyzed by the deubiquitinase CezanneAnja Bremm
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
Nat Struct Mol Biol 17:939-47. 2010..Our data highlight the intrinsic specificity of the ubiquitin system that extends to Lys11-linked chains and emphasize that differentially linked polyubiquitin chains must be regarded as independent post-translational modifications...
- RNF11 is a multifunctional modulator of growth factor receptor signalling and transcriptional regulationPeter Azmi
Department of Anatomic Pathology and Division of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4N 3M5
Eur J Cancer 41:2549-60. 2005..Furthermore, RNF11 is capable of degrading AMSH, a positive regulator of both TGFbeta and EGFR signalling pathways...
- Competitive binding of UBPY and ubiquitin to the STAM2 SH3 domain revealed by NMRAnja Lange
Universite de Lyon, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon1, CNRS, UMR 5280 Institut des Sciences Analytiques, Villeurbanne, France
FEBS Lett 586:3379-84. 2012..domains, while the SH3 domain of STAM2 was reported to interact with deubiquitinating enzymes (DUBs) like UBPY and AMSH. In the present study, NMR evidences the interaction of the STAM2 SH3 domain with ubiquitin, demonstrating that SH3 ..
- Cbl and Itch binding sites in ERBB4 CYT-1 and CYT-2 mediate K48- and K63-polyubiquitination, respectivelyInez M J Meijer
Department of Cell and Applied Biology, Faculty of Science, Nijmegen Center for Molecular Life Sciences, Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cell Signal 25:470-8. 2013..ligand-induced K63-polyubiquitination, it is not subjected to deubiquitination by the K63 polyubiquitin-specific AMSH deubiquitinating enzyme, while CYT-1 is slightly deubiquitinated by USP8...
- Mutations in STAMBP, encoding a deubiquitinating enzyme, cause microcephaly-capillary malformation syndromeLaura M McDonell
Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Nat Genet 45:556-62. 2013..the deubiquitinating (DUB) isopeptidase STAMBP (STAM-binding protein, also known as AMSH, associated molecule with the SH3 domain of STAM) that has a key role in cell surface receptor-mediated endocytosis and sorting...
- Mechanism of recruitment and activation of the endosome-associated deubiquitinase AMSHChristopher W Davies
Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, United States
Biochemistry 52:7818-29. 2013b>AMSH, a deubiquitinating enzyme (DUB) with exquisite specificity for Lys63-linked polyubiquitin chains, is an endosome-associated DUB that regulates sorting of activated cell-surface signaling receptors to the lysosome, a process mediated ..
- Lysine 63-linked polyubiquitination is required for EGF receptor degradationFangtian Huang
Department of Cell Biology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:15722-7. 2013..and post-endocytic sorting of EGFR, a chimeric protein, in which the K63 linkage-specific deubiquitination enzyme AMSH [associated molecule with the Src homology 3 domain of signal transducing adaptor molecule (STAM)] was fused to the ..
- Mixed-linkage ubiquitin chains send mixed messagesMark A Nakasone
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Center for Biomolecular Structure and Organization, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Structure 21:727-40. 2013..Finally, we propose a new, comprehensive notation for Ub and Ub-like polymers...
- High-throughput compatible fluorescence resonance energy transfer-based assay to identify small molecule inhibitors of AMSH deubiquitinase activityJamie L Arnst
Eppley Institute for Cancer Research and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Anal Biochem 440:71-7. 2013..The DUB AMSH (associated molecule with the SH3 domain of STAM) has been shown to be involved in regulating the ubiquitin-dependent down-regulation of ..
- Root proteases: reinforced links between nitrogen uptake and mobilization and drought toleranceAjay Kohli
Plant Breeding, Genetics, and Biotechnology Division, International Rice Research Institute, DAPO, Metro Manila, Philippines
Physiol Plant 145:165-79. 2012..rice roots, as known from rice expression databases, are discussed for future research on certain M50, Deg, FtsH, AMSH and deubiquitination proteases...
- Ubiquitination regulates proteolytic processing of G protein-coupled receptors after their sorting to lysosomesJames N Hislop
Departments of Psychiatry and Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
J Biol Chem 284:19361-70. 2009..regulation required direct ubiquitination of receptors and was also regulated by two deubiquitinating enzymes, AMSH and UBPY, which localized to late endosome/lysosome membranes containing internalized delta-opioid receptor...
- Essential role of hIST1 in cytokinesisMonica Agromayor
Department of Infectious Diseases, King s College London School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 20:1374-87. 2009..that is necessary for its interaction with VPS4, LIP5 and other MIT domain-containing proteins, namely, MITD1, AMSH, UBPY, and Spastin...
- Empire, internationalism, and the campaign against the traffic in women and children in the 1920sDaniel Gorman
20 Century Br Hist 19:186-216. 2008..campaign was conducted by social relief organizations such as the Association for Moral and Social Hygiene (AMSH) and the International Bureau for the Suppression of the Traffic in Women and Children (IBSTWC)...
- Structural basis for specific cleavage of Lys 63-linked polyubiquitin chainsYusuke Sato
Structural Biology Laboratory, Life Science Division, Synchrotron Radiation Research Organization and Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Nature 455:358-62. 2008..The Zn(2+)-dependent DUBs AMSH and AMSH-LP regulate receptor trafficking by specifically cleaving Lys 63-linked polyubiquitin chains from ..
- Controlling receptor downregulation by ubiquitination and deubiquitinationMasayuki Komada
Department of Biological Sciences, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 B 16 Nagatsuta, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
Curr Drug Discov Technol 5:78-84. 2008..UBPY and AMSH in mammals, as well as Doa4 in yeast, are deubiquitinating enzymes (DUBs) that associate with class E Vps proteins ..
- Structural basis for autoinhibition of ESCRT-III CHMP3Suman Lata
Unit for Virus Host Cell Interaction, UMR 5233 UJF EMBL CNRS, 6 rue Jules Horowitz, 38042 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
J Mol Biol 378:818-27. 2008..Both the closed and open conformations of CHMP3 interact with AMSH with high affinity...
- Endosomal deubiquitinating enzymes control ubiquitination and down-regulation of protease-activated receptor 2Burcu Hasdemir
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0660, USA
J Biol Chem 284:28453-66. 2009..deubiquitination occurs between early endosomes and lysosomes and involves the endosomal deubiquitinating proteases AMSH and UBPY...
- Discovery of novel human transcript variants by analysis of intronic single-block EST with polyadenylation sitePingzhang Wang
Chinese National Human Genome Center, 3 707 North YongChang Road BDA, Beijing, PR China
BMC Genomics 10:518. 2009..This bias leaves a large space to discover novel transcript variants...
- AMSH interacts with ESCRT-0 to regulate the stability and trafficking of CXCR4Maria I Sierra
Ben May Department for Cancer Research, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 285:13990-4004. 2010..The deubiquitinating enzyme AMSH has been implicated in the endocytic sorting of both G protein-coupled receptors and receptor-tyrosine kinases...
- Structural basis for SH3 domain-mediated high-affinity binding between Mona/Gads and SLP-76Maria Harkiolaki
Cancer Research UK Cell Signalling Group and Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, Oxford, UK
EMBO J 22:2571-82. 2003..Interestingly, the SH3C displays ion-dependent dimerization in the crystal and in solution, suggesting a novel mechanism for the regulation of SH3 domain functions...
- Structural and thermodynamic comparison of the catalytic domain of AMSH and AMSH-LP: nearly identical fold but different stabilityChristopher W Davies
Brown Laboratory of Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
J Mol Biol 413:416-29. 2011b>AMSH plays a critical role in the ESCRT (endosomal sorting complexes required for transport) machinery, which facilitates the down-regulation and degradation of cell-surface receptors...
- Structural basis for ESCRT-III CHMP3 recruitment of AMSHJulianna Solomons
Unit of Virus Host Cell Interactions UVHCI UMI 3265 Université Joseph Fourier EMBL CNRS, 6 rue Jules Horowitz 38042 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Structure 19:1149-59. 2011..We present the crystal structure of an N-terminal fragment of the deubiquitinating enzyme AMSH (AMSHΔC) in complex with the C-terminal region of ESCRT-III CHMP3 (CHMP3ΔN)...
- Nipped in the bud: how the AMSH MIT domain helps deubiquitinate lysosome-bound cargoJames H Hurley
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Structure 19:1033-5. 2011Recruitment of the K63-linkage specific deubiquitinating enzyme AMSH is an important step in ESCRT-dependent membrane protein sorting. In this issue of Structure, Solomons et al...
- AMSH is required to degrade ubiquitinated proteins in the central nervous systemShunya Suzuki
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 408:582-8. 2011..AMSH (associated molecule with the SH3 domain of STAM) is a deubiquitination enzyme that participates in the endosomal sorting of several cell-..
- Regulation of endocytic sorting by ESCRT-DUB-mediated deubiquitinationMichelle H Wright
Ben May Department for Cancer Research, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Cell Biochem Biophys 60:39-46. 2011..Two dubiquitinating enzymes--ubiquitin-specific protease 8 (USP8/Ubpy) and associated molecule with the SH3 domain of STAM (AMSH)--interact with ESCRT components to modulate the ubiquitination status of receptors and ..
- Glia delimit shape changes of sensory neuron receptive endings in C. elegansCarl Procko
Laboratory of Developmental Genetics, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065 USA
Development 138:1371-81. 2011..endings of the AWC neurons in dauers remodel in the confines of a compartment defined by the amphid sheath (AMsh) glial cell that envelops these endings...
- The deubiquitinating enzyme DUB2A enhances CSF3 signalling by attenuating lysosomal routing of the CSF3 receptorAnnemarie Meenhuis
Department of Hematology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Biochem J 434:343-51. 2011..Two of these enzymes, AMSH [associated molecule with the SH3 domain of STAM (signal transducing adaptor molecule)] and UBPY (ubiquitin isopeptidase Y), interact with the ..
- Dynamic regulation of ubiquitylation and deubiquitylation at the central spindle during cytokinesisAkiko Mukai
Department of Biological Sciences, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 B 16 Nagatsuta, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
J Cell Sci 121:1325-33. 2008..Two deubiquitylating enzymes UBPY and AMSH, which act on endosomes in interphase, were also recruited to the cleavage region...
- The MIT domain of UBPY constitutes a CHMP binding and endosomal localization signal required for efficient epidermal growth factor receptor degradationPaula E Row
Physiological Laboratory, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Liverpool, Crown Street, LiverpoolL693BX, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 282:30929-37. 2007..In common with other MIT-containing proteins such as AMSH and VPS4, UBPY can interact with CHMP proteins, which are known to regulate endosomal sorting of ubiquitinated ..
- The ubiquitin isopeptidase UBPY regulates endosomal ubiquitin dynamics and is essential for receptor down-regulationPaula E Row
Physiological Laboratory, University of Liverpool, Crown Street, L69 3BX Liverpool, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:12618-24. 2006..The cellular functions of UBPY are complex but clearly distinct from those of the Lys-63-ubiquitin-specific protease, AMSH, with which it shares a binding site on the SH3 domain of STAM.
- Decoding the fine-scale structure of a breast cancer genome and transcriptomeStanislav Volik
Department of Urology, and Cancer Research Institute, University of California San Francisco Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Genome Res 16:394-404. 2006..Given these properties, ESP could play an important role in a tumor genome project...
- Degradation of endocytosed epidermal growth factor and virally ubiquitinated major histocompatibility complex class I is independent of mammalian ESCRTIIKatherine Bowers
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Wellcome Trust MRC Building, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2XY, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:5094-105. 2006..We also show that depletion of the deubiquitinating enzymes AMSH (associated molecule with the SH3 domain of STAM (signal transducing adaptor molecule)) and UBPY (ubiquitin isopeptidase Y) have opposite ..
- Grf40, A novel Grb2 family member, is involved in T cell signaling through interaction with SLP-76 and LATH Asada
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
J Exp Med 189:1383-90. 1999..Our data suggest that Grf40 is an adaptor molecule involved in TCR-mediated signaling through a more efficient interaction than Grb2 with SLP-76 and LAT...
- AMSH is an endosome-associated ubiquitin isopeptidaseJohn McCullough
Physiological Laboratory, University of Liverpool, Crown St, Liverpool, L69 3BX, UK
J Cell Biol 166:487-92. 2004..We have looked for similar activity in associated molecule with the SH3 domain of STAM (AMSH), a JAMM domain-containing protein that associates with the SH3-domain of STAM, a ..
- An RNF11: Smurf2 complex mediates ubiquitination of the AMSH proteinHaoxia Li
Molecular and Cellular Biology Research
Oncogene 23:1801-8. 2004..Among 18 in-frame positive clones, three were found to be ZBRK1, Eps15 and AMSH (associated molecule with the SH3 domain of STAM)...
- Cloning of a novel signaling molecule, AMSH-2, that potentiates transforming growth factor beta signalingNieves Ibarrola
McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine and Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
BMC Cell Biol 5:2. 2004..Signaling by these factors is mediated chiefly by the Smad family of latent transcription factors...
- Isolation of suppressor mutants of phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate 5-kinase deficient cells in Schizosaccharomyces pombeMasayuki Onishi
Laboratory of Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Science, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 67:1772-9. 2003..They included genes coding for proteins with domains homologous to calcium transporters, casein kinase II, UBC13, AMSH, Vps23p, and Vps27p of Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- A newly identified AMSH-family protein is specifically expressed in haploid stages of testicular germ cellsKeiko Kitajima
Division of Molecular Regenerative Medicine, Course of Advanced Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 309:135-42. 2003Associated Molecule with SH3 domain of STAM (AMSH) plays a critical role in the cytokine-mediated intracellular signal transduction downstream of the Jak2/Jak3-STAM complex...
- Identification of AMSH-LP containing a Jab1/MPN domain metalloenzyme motifKazu Kikuchi
Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, 980 8575, Sendai, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 306:637-43. 2003We have isolated a cDNA clone encoding a new AMSH (associated molecule with the SH3 domain of STAM) family protein, termed AMSH-like protein (AMSH-LP)...
- A high-affinity Arg-X-X-Lys SH3 binding motif confers specificity for the interaction between Gads and SLP-76 in T cell signalingDonna M Berry
The Arthur and Sonia Labatt, Brain Tumour Research Centre, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, M5G1X8, Ontario, Canada
Curr Biol 12:1336-41. 2002..These results provide a molecular explanation for the specific role of Gads in T cell receptor signaling, and identify a discrete subclass of SH3 domains whose binding is dependent on a core R-X-X-K motif...
- Loss of neurons in the hippocampus and cerebral cortex of AMSH-deficient miceN Ishii
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 21:8626-37. 2001b>AMSH, a molecule that associates with STAM1, is involved in the in vitro cell growth signaling mediated by interleukin 2 and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor...
- Clathrin anchors deubiquitinating enzymes, AMSH and AMSH-like protein, on early endosomesMichihiko Nakamura
Department of Biological Sciences, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
Genes Cells 11:593-606. 2006..b>AMSH is a deubiquitinating enzyme that interacts with STAM and is implicated in the down-regulation of epidermal growth ..
- Essential roles of class E Vps proteins for sorting into multivesicular bodies in Schizosaccharomyces pombeTomoko Iwaki
Department of Life Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Kagawa University, Kagawa 761 0795, Japan
Microbiology 153:2753-64. 2007..Sch. pombe has a mammalian AMSH homologue, sst2. Phenotypic analyses suggested that Sst2p is a class E Vps protein...
- Calcium-sensing receptor endocytosis links extracellular calcium signaling to parathyroid hormone-related peptide secretion via a Rab11a-dependent and AMSH-sensitive mechanismAlma P Reyes-Ibarra
Centro de Investigación y de Estudios Avanzados Instituto Politécnico Nacional, Cell Biology Department, Mexico DF, Mexico
Mol Endocrinol 21:1394-407. 2007..In addition, AMSH (associated molecule with the SH3 domain of STAM), a CaR carboxyl-terminal binding protein, redirects CaR from slow recycling to down-..
- Targeting of AMSH to endosomes is required for epidermal growth factor receptor degradationYu May Ma
CBR Institute for Biomedical Research, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 282:9805-12. 2007..Here we report that CHMP3, an ESCRT-III complex component, and associated molecule of SH3 domain of STAM (AMSH), a deubiquitinating enzyme, interact with each other in cells...
- Central regulation of food intake in ageingZ Kmiec
Department of Histology and Immunology, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 57:7-16. 2006..ageing does not significantly alter hypothalamic mRNA levels of important anorexigens such as CART and aMSH. The presented findings suggest that, at least in rodents, ageing is associated with the general down-regulation of ..
- AMSH, an ESCRT-III associated enzyme, deubiquitinates cargo on MVB/late endosomesMasanao Kyuuma
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Seiryo machi, Sendai, 980 8575 Japan
Cell Struct Funct 31:159-72. 2007..Ubiquitinated cargo is targeted to endosomes and digested by lysosomal enzymes. We previously identified AMSH, a deubiquitination enzyme (DUB), to be involved in vesicular transport...
- UBPY-mediated epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) de-ubiquitination promotes EGFR degradationHusam A J Alwan
Department of Cell Biology, Institute for Neuroscience, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Informatics, Radboud University Nijmegen, 6525 ED Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 282:1658-69. 2007..The role of the de-ubiquitinating enzymes AMSH and UBPY in endosomal trafficking of cargo proteins such as the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) has only ..
- STAM-AMSH interaction facilitates the deubiquitination activity in the C-terminal AMSHMan Su Kim
Biomedical Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Seongbuk gu, Seoul 136 791, South Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 351:612-8. 2006..Associated molecule with SH3 domain of STAM (AMSH), a zinc-containing ubiquitin isopeptidase, is thought to play a role in regulation of ubiquitin-mediated ..
- Control of growth factor receptor dynamics by reversible ubiquitinationS Urbé
Physiological Laboratory, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3BX, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 34:754-6. 2006..We have characterized two de-ubiquitinating enzymes that interact with components of this machinery. AMSH [associated molecule with the SH3 domain (Src homology 3 domain) of STAM (signal transducing adapter molecule)] ..
- Endocytosis: the DUB versionMichael J Clague
Physiological Laboratory, School of Biomedical Sciences, Crown Street, Liverpool, L69 3BX, UK
Trends Cell Biol 16:551-9. 2006..Two deubiquitinating enzymes, AMSH and UBPY, interact with ESCRT protein components but exert opposite effects upon the rate of epidermal growth ..
- Phosphorylation of the proline-rich domain of Xp95 modulates Xp95 interaction with partner proteinsRobert E Dejournett
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Box 019, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Biochem J 401:521-31. 2007..The deubiquitinase AMSH (associated molecule with the SH3 domain of signal transducing adaptor molecule) specifically interacts with ..
- AMSH regulates calcium-sensing receptor signaling through direct interactionsFrancisco Herrera-Vigenor
Department of Cell Biology, CINVESTAV IPN Apartado postal 14 740, Mexico DF 07000, Mexico
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 347:924-30. 2006..We identified AMSH, an ubiquitin isopeptidase, as a CaR-interacting partner...
- A deubiquitinating enzyme UBPY regulates the level of protein ubiquitination on endosomesEmi Mizuno
Department of Biological Sciences, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
Traffic 7:1017-31. 2006..protein complex essential for the initial step of the sorting pathway, binds two deubiquitinating enzymes, UBPY and AMSH. Here we examined the effects of inactivating UBPY on protein ubiquitination at endosomes...
- STAM2, a new member of the STAM family, binding to the Janus kinasesK Endo
Department of Microbiology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Seiryo machi 2 1, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
FEBS Lett 477:55-61. 2000....
- Melanocyte-Keratinocyte Cross-Talk In Relation To Barrier FunctionPeter M Elias; Fiscal Year: 2010..to either increase epidermal pigmentation by increasing epidermal POMC expression and proteolytic processing to aMSH, and/or MC1R signalling of melanocyte function...
- Molecular screen for isopeptidase inhibitors to treat pulmonary diseaseDAVID STERNER; Fiscal Year: 2007b>AMSH is a recently described ubiquitin isopeptidase that is associated with endosomal trafficking of the human epithelial growth factor receptor (EGFR)...
- Proopiomelanocortin gene expression and obesityMALCOLM JAMES LOW; Fiscal Year: 2010..of neurons located in the hypothalamus and medulla that express the Pomc gene and synthesize the neuropeptides aMSH and bEndorphin from the precursor protein, proopiomelanocortin (POMC)...