Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AMOT
Alias: angiomotin p130 isoform, angiomotin p80 isoform
- Amotl2 is essential for cell movements in zebrafish embryo and regulates c-Src translocationHuizhe Huang
State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Department of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Development 134:979-88. 2007Angiomotin (Amot), the founding member of the Motin family, is involved in angiogenesis by regulating endothelial cell motility, and is required for visceral endoderm movement in mice...
- Angiomotin regulates endothelial cell-cell junctions and cell motilityAnders Bratt
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Cancer Centrum Karolinska, Karolinska Institutet, R8 03 Karolinska University Hospital, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 280:34859-69. 2005..We conclude that angiomotin, in addition to controlling cell motility, may play a role in the assembly of endothelial cell-cell junctions...
- Angiomotin: an angiostatin binding protein that regulates endothelial cell migration and tube formationB Troyanovsky
Center for Genomics Research and Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Cell Biol 152:1247-54. 2001..These findings indicate that angiostatin inhibits cell migration by interfering with angiomotin activity in endothelial cells...
- p130-angiomotin associates to actin and controls endothelial cell shapeMira Ernkvist
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Centre Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
FEBS J 273:2000-11. 2006..We propose that p80- and p130-angiomotin play coordinating roles in tube formation by affecting cell migration and cell shape, respectively...
- A Rich1/Amot complex regulates the Cdc42 GTPase and apical-polarity proteins in epithelial cellsClark D Wells
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, ON M5G 1X5, Canada
Cell 125:535-48. 2006..Rich1 binds the scaffolding protein angiomotin (Amot) and is thereby targeted to a protein complex at tight junctions (TJs) containing the PDZ-domain proteins Pals1, ..
- A new granulation method for compressed tablets [proceedings]M H Rubinstein
J Pharm Pharmacol 28:67P. 1976
- The Amot/Patj/Syx signaling complex spatially controls RhoA GTPase activity in migrating endothelial cellsMira Ernkvist
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Cancer Centrum Karolinska, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Blood 113:244-53. 2009..We have previously shown that angiomotin (Amot), a membrane-associated scaffold protein, plays a critical role during vascular patterning and endothelial ..
- Human angiomotin-like 1 associates with an angiomotin protein complex through its coiled-coil domain and induces the remodeling of the actin cytoskeletonValérie Gagné
Centre de Recherche en Rhumatologie et Immunologie, Centre de Recherche du CHUQ CHUL, Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Universite Laval, Boul Laurier, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 66:754-68. 2009..These findings have important implications for angiogenesis-driven disease since angiomotin and angiomotin-like 1 are both expressed in capillaries...
- Angiomotin-like protein 1 controls endothelial polarity and junction stability during sprouting angiogenesisYujuan Zheng
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Cancer Centrum Karolinska, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Circ Res 105:260-70. 2009We have previously shown that angiomotin (Amot) is essential for endothelial cell migration during mouse embryogenesis. However, approximately 5% of Amot knockout mice survived without any detectable vascular defects...
- Amot recognizes a juxtanuclear endocytic recycling compartment via a novel lipid binding domainBrigitte Heller
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Indiana School ofMedicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 285:12308-20. 2010..arrangement for the Par and Crb apical polarity complexes at the tight junction is disrupted by the adaptor protein Amot. Amot directly binds the scaffolding proteins Patj and Mupp1 and redistributes them and their binding partners from ..
- [Analysis of expression profiles of some tumor growth-related genes after silencing of pleiotrophin in human small cell lung cancer H446 cells]Yong Yu
Department of Respiratory Medicine, the Second Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou 215004, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 32:405-9. 2010To investigate the changes in expression profiles of angiomotin (Amot), schlafen5 (Slfn5), metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) and vascular endothelial cell growth factor (VEGF), which are genes associated with angiogenesis, tumor growth and ..
- Angiomotin is a novel Hippo pathway component that inhibits YAP oncoproteinBin Zhao
Department of Pharmacology, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Genes Dev 25:51-63. 2011..Here we report a novel mechanism of YAP regulation by angiomotin (AMOT) family proteins via a direct interaction...
- Hippo pathway-independent restriction of TAZ and YAP by angiomotinSiew Wee Chan
Cancer and Developmental Cell Biology Division, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 61 Biopolis Drive, Singapore 138673
J Biol Chem 286:7018-26. 2011..an independent mechanism for the cell to restrict the activity of TAZ and YAP through interaction with angiomotin (Amot) and angiomotin-like 1 (AmotL1)...
- The adaptor protein AMOT promotes the proliferation of mammary epithelial cells via the prolonged activation of the extracellular signal-regulated kinasesWilliam P Ranahan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Indiana School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5122, USA
Cancer Res 71:2203-11. 2011..This study demonstrates that the adaptor protein Amot, in addition to its established role in regulating cellular asymmetry, also promotes extracellular signal-regulated ..
- Structural features and ligand binding properties of tandem WW domains from YAP and TAZ, nuclear effectors of the Hippo pathwayClaire Webb
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath, UK BA2 7AY
Biochemistry 50:3300-9. 2011..Our results indicate that both WW domains in YAP and TAZ are functional and capable of enhanced affinity binding to multi-PPxY partner proteins such as LATS1, ErbB4, and AMOT.
- A tight junction-associated Merlin-angiomotin complex mediates Merlin's regulation of mitogenic signaling and tumor suppressive functionsChunling Yi
Molecular and Cellular Oncogenesis Program, The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cancer Cell 19:527-40. 2011..Depletion of Angiomotin in Nf2(-/-) Schwann cells attenuates the Ras-MAPK signaling pathway, impedes cellular proliferation in vitro and tumorigenesis in vivo...
- Opposing roles of angiomotin-like-1 and zona occludens-2 on pro-apoptotic function of YAPT Oka
Laboratory of Signal Transduction and Proteomic Profiling, Weis Center for Research, Geisinger Clinic, Danville, PA, USA
Oncogene 31:128-34. 2012YAP (Yes-associated protein) oncogene has been found to form a stable complex with members of the Angiomotin (Amot) family of proteins, which bind WW domains of YAP and sequester the protein in the cytoplasm and junctional complexes...
- Differential roles of p80- and p130-angiomotin in the switch between migration and stabilization of endothelial cellsMira Ernkvist
Cancer Centrum Karolinska, Department of Oncology and Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, CCK R8 03, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochim Biophys Acta 1783:429-37. 2008We have previously shown that angiomotin (Amot) plays an important role in growth factor-induced migration of endothelial cells in vitro...
- Therapeutic antibodies targeting angiomotin inhibit angiogenesis in vivoTetyana Levchenko
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Cancer Centre Karolinska, Karolinska Institute, SE 17176, Stockholm, Sweden
FASEB J 22:880-9. 2008We have previously shown that angiomotin (Amot) mediates angiostatin inhibition of endothelial migration and tube formation in vitro...
- Angiomotin regulates endothelial cell migration during embryonic angiogenesisKarin Aase
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Center Karolinska, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Genes Dev 21:2055-68. 2007..We have previously identified angiomotin (Amot) as a receptor for the angiogenesis inhibitor angiostatin...
- Hold that line. Angiomotin regulates endothelial cell motilityB R Zetter
Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 152:F35-6. 2001
- Angiomotin belongs to a novel protein family with conserved coiled-coil and PDZ binding domainsAnders Bratt
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, CCK R8 03 Karolinska Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Gene 298:69-77. 2002..Further phylogenetic analysis indicates that amotl2 is an evolutionary outgroup in relation to angiomotin and amotl1. Northern blot analysis shows distinct expression patterns for each motin in various mouse tissues...
- Angiomotin regulates visceral endoderm movements during mouse embryogenesisAkihiko Shimono
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Biol 13:613-7. 2003..Here we describe a role for mouse angiomotin (amot) in VE movements...
- Loss of responsiveness to chemotactic factors by deletion of the C-terminal protein interaction site of angiomotinTetyana Levchenko
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Center Karolinska Institutet, S 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
J Cell Sci 116:3803-10. 2003..These results suggest that the putative PDZ binding motif of angiomotin plays a critical role in regulating the responsiveness of endothelial cells to chemotactic cues...
- Angiomotin expression promotes hemangioendothelioma invasionTetyana Levchenko
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Centre Karolinska Institute, S 17176, Stockholm, Sweden
Oncogene 23:1469-73. 2004..Control tubes start to regress after 72 h, whereas MAE-angiomotin (MAE Amot) tubes were stable for over 30 days...
- Protein diversity is generated within the motin family of proteins by alternative pre-mRNA splicingJulie Moreau
Centre de Recherche en Rhumatologie et Immunologie, Centre de Recherche du CHUL, Laval University, Bloc T1 492705, Boul Laurier, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G2
Gene 350:137-48. 2005..The alternative splicing that occurs within this protein family may have important implications in the regulation of the expression and function of the motins...
- A DNA vaccine targeting angiomotin inhibits angiogenesis and suppresses tumor growthLars Holmgren
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Cancer Centre Karolinska, Karolinska Institutet, SE171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:9208-13. 2006..Here, we describe a strategy that targets the angiostatin receptor angiomotin (Amot) by DNA vaccination...
- Molecular characterization of angiomotin/JEAP family proteins: interaction with MUPP1/Patj and their endogenous propertiesYuko Sugihara-Mizuno
Department of Cell Biology, Kyoto University, Yoshida konoe cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Genes Cells 12:473-86. 2007..Using yeast two-hybrid screening, we found here that MUPP1 interacts with angiomotin (Amot), JEAP/Amot-like 1 and MASCOT/Amot-like 2, which we refer to as Amot/JEAP family proteins...
- Identification of molecular markers that are expressed in discrete anterior-posterior domains of the endoderm from the gastrula stage to mid-gestationBillie A Moore-Scott
Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Dev Dyn 236:1997-2003. 2007..We have identified three genes Slc39a8, Amot, and Dp1l1, which are expressed in the visceral endoderm at e7.5. Starting at e9...
- Angiomotin family proteins are novel activators of the LATS2 kinase tumor suppressorMurugan Paramasivam
Department of Microbial and Physiological Systems and Program in Cell Dynamics, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Mol Biol Cell 22:3725-33. 2011..Like AMOTL2, the other angiomotin-family proteins AMOT and AMOTL1 also activate LATS2 through a novel conserved domain that binds and activates LATS2...