Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AMN
Description: amnion associated transmembrane protein
Alias: PRO1028, amnionless, amnionless homolog, protein amnionless, visceral endoderm-specific type 1 transmembrane protein
Publications116 found, 100 shown here
- Luminal expression of cubilin is impaired in Imerslund-Grasbeck syndrome with compound AMN mutations in intron 3 and exon 7Fares Namour
Faculte de Medecine, INSERM U954 Nutrition, Genetics, and Environmental Risk Exposure, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Haematologica 96:1715-9. 2011..b>Amnionless, the gene product of AMN, is a transmembrane protein that binds tightly to the N-terminal end of cubilin, the ..
- Amnionless, essential for mouse gastrulation, is mutated in recessive hereditary megaloblastic anemiaStephan M Tanner
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Nat Genet 33:426-9. 2003The amnionless gene, Amn, on mouse chromosome 12 encodes a type I transmembrane protein that is expressed in the extraembryonic visceral layer during gastrulation...
- The functional cobalamin (vitamin B12)-intrinsic factor receptor is a novel complex of cubilin and amnionlessJohn C Fyfe
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA
Blood 103:1573-9. 2004..I-GS-causing mutations are found in either of 2 genes encoding the epithelial proteins: cubilin and amnionless (AMN)...
- [X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy]P Aubourg
Service d endocrinologie et de neurologie pédiatrique, Hopital Saint Vincent de Paul, INSERM U745, 82, avenue Denfert Rochereau, 75014 Paris, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 68:403-11. 2007..5-12 years, but also 35% of adult males; 2) a form that mainly involves the spinal cord (adrenomyeloneuropathy, AMN) in adult males between 20-50 years and 50% of heterozygous women after the age of 40 years...
- Peroxisomal disorders: genotype, phenotype, major neuropathologic lesions, and pathogenesisJ M Powers
Department of Pathology Neuropathology and Postmortem Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, NY 14642, USA
Brain Pathol 8:101-20. 1998..The gene defect in adreno-leukodystrophy (ALD) / adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) involves an integral peroxisomal membrane protein...
- An X-linked gene involved in androgenetic alopecia: a lesson to be learned from adrenoleukodystrophyA Konig
Department of Dermatology, Philipp University, Marburg, Germany
Dermatology 200:213-8. 2000Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD), including its adult variant adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN), is an X-linked recessive trait characterized by progressive demyelinization of the nervous system...
- Cumulative and residual effects of repeated sewage sludge applications: forage productivity and soil quality implications in South Florida, USAGilbert C Sigua
USDA ARS, Subtropical Agricultural Research Station, Brooksville, FL, USA
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 12:80-8. 2005....
- Granisetron is equivalent to ondansetron for prophylaxis of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting: results of a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsA Del Giglio
Oncology and Hematology Discipline, ABC Foundation School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cancer 89:2301-8. 2000..Because most of these trials compared ondansetron with granisetron, the authors conducted a meta-analysis to determine if the current data available show any therapeutic difference between them...
- Adrenal steroids in adrenomyeloneuropathy. Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, androstenedione and 17alpha-hydroxyprogesteroneMaria Wichers-Rother
Universitaetsklinikum Bonn, Institut für Klinische Biochemie, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
J Neurol 252:1525-9. 2005Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD) and its adult variant adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) are X-linked diseases associated with a deficiency in the peroxisomal degradation of saturated very long chain fatty acids (VLCFA) resulting in an accumulation ..
- Effects of stimulation of muscarinic receptors on bladder afferent nerves in the in vitro bladder-pelvic afferent nerve preparation of the ratYongbei Yu
Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Brain Res 1361:43-53. 2010..These effects were blocked by intravesical injection of 5 μM atropine methyl nitrate (AMN). Intravesical administration of 5 μM AMN alone did not alter BAN firing or the amplitude of bladder contractions...
- Mouse amnionless, which is required for primitive streak assembly, mediates cell-surface localization and endocytic function of cubilin on visceral endoderm and kidney proximal tubulesSharon Strope
Molecular Biology Graduate Program, Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Development 131:4787-95. 2004Impaired primitive streak assembly in the mouse amnionless (amn) mutant results in the absence of non-axial trunk mesoderm, a derivative of the middle region of the primitive streak...
- Protective effects of S+ ketamine and atropine against lethality and brain damage during soman-induced status epilepticus in guinea-pigsFrederic Dorandeu
Département de Toxicologie CRSSA, 24 Avenue des Maquis du Gresivaudan, La Tronche, France
Toxicology 234:185-93. 2007..IM) 30min before soman (62 microg/kg, 2 LD(50), IM), followed by therapy consisting of atropine methyl nitrate (AMN) (4 mg/kg, IM) 1min following soman exposure...
- Unexpected sequence similarity between nucleosidases and phosphoribosyltransferases of different specificityA R Mushegian
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40546 0091
Protein Sci 3:1081-8. 1994..Family I consists of Escherichia coli AMP hydrolase (Amn), uridine phosphorylase (Udp), purine phosphorylase (DeoD), uncharacterized proteins from E...
- Cardiorespiratory effects following acute exposure to pyridostigmine bromide and/or N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide (DEET) in ratsLeslie A Chaney
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, USA
Int J Toxicol 21:287-300. 2002..Pretreatment with atropine methyl nitrate (AMN), a peripherally selective competitive antagonist at nicotinic and muscarinic receptor sites, reduced the ..
- Histogenesis of congenital and acquired melanocytic nevi based on histological study of lesion size and thicknessYasutaka Tokuda
Division of Dermatology, National Mastumoto Medical Center, Murai chyo, Matsumoto, Japan
J Dermatol 37:1011-8. 2010..To clarify the histogenic differences between acquired melanocytic nevi (AMN) and congenital melanocytic nevi (CMN), diameter and depth of nevus cells (tumor thickness) were examined in ..
- Radioprotective effect of lycopene on chromosomal aberrations (CAs) induced by gamma radiation in human lymphocytesKultigin Cavusoglu
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science and Art, University of Giresun, Giresun, Turkey
J Environ Biol 30:113-7. 2009..Mitotic index (MI) and aberrant metaphase number (AMN) were also calculated...
- Seven-Tesla proton magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging in adult X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyEva Ratai
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arch Neurol 65:1488-94. 2008..Phenotypes vary in their pathology, ranging from axonal degeneration to inflammatory demyelination. The severity of symptoms is poorly explained by conventional imaging...
- Enhanced enteric properties and stability of shellac films through composite salts formationSontaya Limmatvapirat
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Silpakorn University, Nakhon Pathom, Thailand
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 67:690-8. 2007..prepared in various salt forms by dissolving them with 2-amino-2-methyl-1-propanol (AMP) and ammonium hydroxide (AMN) at various ratios of AMP:AMN...
- Exploiting cell-free systems: Implementation and debugging of a system of biotransformationsMatthias Bujara
Department of Biosystems Science and Engineering, ETH Zurich, Basel, Switzerland
Biotechnol Bioeng 106:376-89. 2010..Insulation required in particular inactivation of the amn gene encoding the AMP nucleosidase, which otherwise led to glucose-independent DHAP production from adenosine ..
- Nevus type in dermoscopy is related to skin type in white personsIris Zalaudek
Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Arch Dermatol 143:351-6. 2007Dermoscopic classification of acquired melanocytic nevi (AMN) is based on the evaluation of 3 main criteria-global pattern, pigment distribution, and color.
- Dietary starch type affects body weight and glycemic control in freely fed but not energy-restricted obese ratsAlfred A Aziz
Nutrition Research Division, Bureau of Nutritional Sciences, Food Directorate, Health Products and Food Branch, Health Canada, AL 2203E, Ottawa, ON, K1A 0K9, Canada
J Nutr 139:1881-9. 2009..starch diet (AMO) would improve body weight and glycemic control relative to a high-amylopectin starch diet (AMN) in rats with diet-induced obesity. After inducing obesity with a high-fat and -energy diet (Expt...
- Therapy of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyAlexander Semmler
University Hospital Zurich, Department of Neurology, Frauenklinikstr 26, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Expert Rev Neurother 8:1367-79. 2008..adult cerebral ALD [ACALD]) onset leading to death within a few years, over adult-onset adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) with or without focal CNS demyelination, AMN converting into a rapidly progressive, cerebral demyelinating ..
- The physiology of pigmented neviJ Kincannon
Department of Pediatric Dermatology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas
Pediatrics 104:1042-5. 1999..The common mole or acquired melanocytic nevus (AMN) is a collection of nevomelanocytes grouped into nests located in the epidermis (junctional nevus), dermis (dermal ..
- Hereditary juvenile cobalamin deficiency caused by mutations in the intrinsic factor geneStephan M Tanner
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:4130-3. 2005..Biallelic mutations either in the cubilin (CUBN) or amnionless (AMN) gene cause IGS...
- Potential biomarkers of colorectal adenoma-dysplasia-carcinoma progression: mRNA expression profiling and in situ protein detection on TMAs reveal 15 sequentially upregulated and 2 downregulated genesOrsolya Galamb
2nd Department of Medicine, Semmelweis University, Szentkiralyi str 46, Budapest, Hungary
Cell Oncol 31:19-29. 2009..As most colorectal cancers (CRC) develop from villous adenomas, studying alterations in gene expression profiles across the colorectal adenoma-dysplasia-carcinoma sequence may yield potential biomarkers of disease progression...
- Should therapeutic abortion be legal in Nicaragua: the response of Nicaraguan obstetrician-gynaecologistsHeathe Luz McNaughton
Nicaraguan Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Managua, Nicaragua
Reprod Health Matters 10:111-9. 2002..These results countered claims by the Nicaraguan Medical Association (AMN), taken up by the Church and anti-abortion legislators and groups, that therapeutic abortion was no longer ..
- AMN directs endocytosis of the intrinsic factor-vitamin B(12) receptor cubam by engaging ARH or Dab2Gitte Albinus Pedersen
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Aarhus, Ole Worms Alle, Bldg 1170 1171, Aarhus C, Denmark
Traffic 11:706-20. 2010..Cubam is composed of two proteins: cubilin and amnionless. Cubilin harbors ligand binding capabilities, while amnionless provides membrane anchorage and potential ..
- The amnesiac gene product is expressed in two neurons in the Drosophila brain that are critical for memoryS Waddell
Center for Learning and Memory Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences Department of Biology Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Cell 103:805-13. 2000..The predicted amnesiac gene product, AMN, is an apparent preproneuropeptide, and previous studies suggest that it stimulates cAMP synthesis...
- Physical organization of phytobeneficial genes nifH and ipdC in the plant growth-promoting rhizobacterium Azospirillum lipoferum 4VIDidier Blaha
UMR CNRS 5557 Ecologie Microbienne, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 43 bd du 11 Novembre, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
FEMS Microbiol Lett 244:157-63. 2005..brasilense. In contrast, the region located downstream of acpD contained four housekeeping genes (i.e. genes encoding DapF-, MiaB- and FtsY-like proteins, as well as gene amn) and differed totally from the one found in A. brasilense.
- Current and future pharmacological treatment strategies in X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyJohannes Berger
Center for Brain Research, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Brain Pathol 20:845-56. 2010..the clinical spectrum of the neurometabolic disorder X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy/adrenomyeloneuropathy (X-ALD/AMN)...
- Effect of religion on the attitude of primiparous women toward genetic testingIhab M Usta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
Prenat Diagn 30:241-6. 2010..Factors that influence a pregnant woman's decision to accept or decline genetic tests are largely undefined. The objective of this study was to determine the acceptance rate of prenatal diagnostic testing in Lebanon according to religion...
- Decreased expression of ABCD4 and BG1 genes early in the pathogenesis of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyMuriel Asheuer
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U561, Hopital Saint Vincent de Paul, Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 14:1293-303. 2005Childhood cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy (CCER), adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) and AMN with cerebral demyelination (AMN-C) are the main phenotypic variants of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD)...
- General aspects and neuropathology of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyIsidro Ferrer
Institut Neuropatologia, Servei Anatomia Patològica, Institut d Investigació Biomèdica de Bellvitge IDIBELL Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, Hospitalet de Llobregat, CIBERNED, Spain
Brain Pathol 20:817-30. 2010..recognized in male patients including cerebral ALD in childhood, adolescence or adulthood, adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN), Addison's disease and, eventually, gonadal insufficiency...
- Progression of abnormalities in adrenomyeloneuropathy and neurologically asymptomatic X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy despite treatment with "Lorenzo's oil"B M van Geel
Department of Neurology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 67:290-9. 1999..The efficacy of "Lorenzo's oil" in the milder phenotypes of X-ALD was assessed, as this has been much less investigated...
- Computational study of drug binding to the membrane-bound tetrameric M2 peptide bundle from influenza A virusEkta Khurana
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1808:530-7. 2011..Adamantane drugs, amantadine (AMN) and rimantidine (RMN), block the proton conduction in some strains, and have been used for the treatment and ..
- Early oxidative damage underlying neurodegeneration in X-adrenoleukodystrophyStephane Fourcade
Centre de Genètica Mèdica i Molecular, Institut d Investigació Biomèdica de Bellvitge IDIBELL, Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Hum Mol Genet 17:1762-73. 2008..cerebral childhood adrenoleukodystrophy (CCALD) or spinal cord neurodegeneration (adrenomyeloneuropathy, AMN), adrenal insufficiency and accumulation of very long-chain fatty acids (VLCFA) in tissues...
- Natural history of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy in JapanYasuyuki Suzuki
Medical Education Development Center, Gifu University School of Medicine, Yanagido 1 1, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Brain Dev 27:353-7. 2005..The data on 145 patients, including 46 patients with the childhood cerebral form, 39 with adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN), 33 with the adult cerebral form, 14 with the adolescent form and 13 with the olivo-ponto-cerebellar (OPC) form, ..
- Attitudes of families affected by adrenoleukodystrophy toward prenatal diagnosis, presymptomatic and carrier testing, and newborn screeningJean Schaller
Myriad Genetic Laboratories, Inc, Medical Services, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Genet Test 11:296-302. 2007Families affected by adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD) and adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) were surveyed to elicit attitudes toward prenatal, presymptomatic and carrier testing, and newborn screening in order to determine the level of support that ..
- Putative X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy gene shares unexpected homology with ABC transportersJ Mosser
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire des Eucaryotes du CNRS, INSERM Unite 184, Institut de Chimie Biologique, Faculte de Medecine, Strasbourg, France
Nature 361:726-30. 1993..is an X-linked disease affecting 1/20,000 males either as cerebral ALD in childhood or as adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) in adults. Childhood ALD is the more severe form, with onset of neurological symptoms between 5-12 years of age...
- Evidence of in vitro differential secretion of 72 and 92 kDa type IV collagenases after selective exposure to lipopolysaccharide in human fetal membranesGuadalupe Garcia Lopez
Direction of Research, Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia Isidro Espinosa de los Reyes, Mexico City 11000, Mexico
Mol Hum Reprod 13:409-18. 2007..membranes form two independent chambers, allowing for the selective stimulation of either the amnion (AMN) and/or the choriodecidua (CHD) regions...
- Amantadine as augmentation therapy in the management of treatment-resistant depressionRafael Stryjer
Beer Yaakov Mental Health Center, Beer Yaakov, Israel
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 18:93-6. 2003..Amantadine (AMN), an agent traditionally used in the treatment and prophylaxis of influenza, is now known to exhibit prominent ..
- MRI and proton MRSI in women heterozygous for X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyA Fatemi
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Neurology 60:1301-7. 2003..To utilize neuroimaging procedures to assess the extent of cerebral involvement in female subjects heterozygous for X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy (X-ALD)...
- Cholesterol-deprivation increases mono-unsaturated very long-chain fatty acids in skin fibroblasts from patients with X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyM Engelen
Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Laboratory Genetic Metabolic Diseases, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1781:105-11. 2008..and fatal cerebral demyelinating disease in childhood (CCALD), to the milder slowly progressive form in adulthood (AMN)...
- Control of Drosophila perineurial glial growth by interacting neurotransmitter-mediated signaling pathwaysJ Yager
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, MS 140, Rice University, Houston, TX 77005, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:10445-50. 2001..transporter; eag, which encodes a potassium channel; push, which encodes a large, Zn(2+)-finger-containing protein; amn, which encodes a putative neuropeptide related to the pituitary adenylate cyclase activator peptide; and NF1, the ..
- Increased macular choroidal blood flow velocity during systemic corticosteroid therapy in a patient with acute macular neuroretinopathyYuki Hashimoto
Department of Ophthalmology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Clin Ophthalmol 6:1645-9. 2012The precise mechanism causing outer retinal damage in acute macular neuroretinopathy (AMN) remains unclear...
- A-, T-, and H-type currents shape intrinsic firing of developing rat abducens motoneuronsMichael Russier
Neurobiologie des Canaux Ioniques, INSERM U464, IFR Jean Roche, Faculte de Medecine Nord, Universite de la Mediterranee, Boulevard Pierre Dramard, 13916 Marseille Cedex 20, France
J Physiol 549:21-36. 2003..Recordings were made from aMNs in the whole-cell configuration of the patch-clamp technique. Two main types of aMn could be distinguished according to their firing profile during prolonged depolarizations...
- How can cobalamin injections be spaced in long-term therapy for inborn errors of vitamin B(12) absorption?Amina Boina Abdallah
APHP, Reference Center for Inherited Metabolic Disease, Hopital Robert Debre, F 75019 Paris, France
Mol Genet Metab 107:66-71. 2012..IGD is due to mutations in one of the 2 subunits of the intrinsic factor receptor that is cubilin (CUBN) or amnionless (AMN)...
- X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy: clinical, metabolic, genetic and pathophysiological aspectsStephan Kemp
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1822:1465-74. 2012..The two main clinical phenotypes of X-ALD are adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) and inflammatory cerebral ALD that manifests either in children or more rarely in adults...
- Strength: a relevant link to functional performance in the neurodegenerative disease of adrenomyeloneuropathyJennifer L Keller
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, MD, USA
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 26:1080-8. 2012With progressive abnormalities in leg strength, tone, and sensation, adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) is a differential diagnosis for multiple sclerosis and hereditary spastic paraparesis...
- [X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy--case reports of 4 patients in a family]Miroslav Dumic
Klinicki bolnicki centar Zagreb
Lijec Vjesn 124:258-62. 2002..from three generations showed three patients with adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD), one with adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) and five females heterozygous for ALD, three of which were psychiatric patients...
- Accessory mental nerve: case report, review and its role in trigeminal neuralgiaAnjani Kumar Jha
Neelam s Faciomaxillary and Dental Care Centre, 661 8th Main Road, Hampinagar, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Surg Radiol Anat 34:469-73. 2012The presence of accessory mental nerve (AMN) is rare and only few cases have been reported. Peripheral neurectomy of the mental nerve is one of the treatments of choice in cases of trigeminal neuralgia (TGN) affecting the mental nerve...
- Comparison of three methods for detection of melamine in compost and soilYongqiang Tian
Depatment of Vegetable Science, College of Agronomy and Biotechnology, China Agricultural University, 2 Yuanmingyuan xilu, Beijing 100193, China
Sci Total Environ 417:255-62. 2012..All three methods accurately detected MM concentrations if no MM degradation products, such as ammeline (AMN), ammelide (AMD) and cyanuric acid (CA), were present in an aqueous sample...
- Intravenous immunoglobulin treatment in a patient with adrenomyeloneuropathyAia Elise Jønch
Kennedy Centre, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, GL, Landevej 7, Copenhagen, 2600, Glostrup, Denmark
BMC Neurol 12:108. 2012Adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) is one of several phenotypes of the adrenoleukodystrophy spectrum caused by mutations in the ABCD1 gene on the X chromosome...
- Activity of nilotinib (AMN-107) alone in advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumors progressing on imatinib and sunitinib. Case reportAlper Sevinc
Department of Medical Oncology, School of Medicine, Gaziantep University, and Gaziantep Oncology Hospital, Gaziantep, Turkey
Chemotherapy 55:132-6. 2009..Nilotinib is an option for patients with advanced GISTs progressing on both imatinib and sunitinib...
- Optic nerve atrophy in adrenoleukodystrophy detectable by optic coherence tomographyBrian T Grainger
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, Private Bag 92019, University of Auckland, Auckland Mail Centre, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
J Clin Neurosci 17:122-4. 2010..The two most frequent ALD phenotypes are adult-onset adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) and childhood cerebral ALD...
- Photophysics of 1-aminonaphthalene: a theoretical and time-resolved experimental studyRaúl Montero
Departamento de Quimica Fisica, Facultad de Ciencia y Tecnologia, Universidad del Pais Vasco, Apartado 644, ES 48080 Bilbao, Spain
J Phys Chem A 113:13509-18. 2009The photophysics of 1-aminonaphthalene (1-napthylamine, AMN) has been investigated on the basis of a constructive experimental-theoretical interplay derived from time-resolved measurements and high-level quantum-chemical ab initio CASPT2/..
- Activation of inducible NOS in peripheral vessels and outcomes in heart failure patientsYutaka Ishibashi
Divisions of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Shimane University Faculty of Medicine, Shimane, Japan
J Card Fail 14:724-31. 2008..However, it is unknown whether activation of iNOS affects prognosis of CHF patients. We prospectively studied the influence of activation of iNOS in the forearm on the outcome of CHF patients...
- [Body distribution and density of acquired melanocytic nevi in adolescents of low socioeconomic status of Santiago, Chile]Viviana Zemelman D
Servicio de Dermatologia, Hospital Clinico de la Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 136:747-52. 2008There is an increase in the incidence of malignant melanoma in Chile. Previous studies have shown that the density and size of acquired melanocytic nevi (AMN) are a risk factor for developing malignant melanoma.
- AMN 082, an agonist of mGluR7, exhibits mixed anti- and proconvulsant effects in developing ratsP Mares
Department of Developmental Epileptology, Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 57:969-72. 2008..Metabotropic glutamate receptors (mGluRs) represent a potential therapeutic target. Possible anticonvulsant action of AMN 082, an agonist of mGluR7 subtype, was studied in immature rats using pentylenetetrazol (PTZ)-induced seizures as a ..
- X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy: clinical course and minimal incidence in South BrazilLaura Bannach Jardim
Medical Genetics Service, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Rua Ramiro Barcelos 2350, 90 035 903 Porto Alegre, Brazil
Brain Dev 32:180-90. 2010X-linked adenoleukodystrophy is a genetic disease that affects the degradation of very long-chain fatty acids. In male patients, common pictures are the cerebral form (CALD), myeloneuropathy (AMN), and Addison-only.
- Prevalence of acquired melanocytic naevi in Brazilian schoolchildrenS Yarak
Department of Dermatology, Federal University of Vale of San Francisco, Petrolina, Pernambuco, Brazil
Clin Exp Dermatol 35:581-7. 2010The prevalence of acquired melanocytic naevi (AMN) is one of the most important known risk factors for malignant melanoma (MM) in homogeneous white populations. However, there are few studies on AMN in heterogeneous populations...
- Apoptotic microtubule network organization and maintenance depend on high cellular ATP levels and energized mitochondriaManuel Oropesa
Centro Andaluz de Biologia del Desarrollo, Universidad Pablo de Olavide Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, Carretera de Utrera Km 1, Seville, Spain
Apoptosis 16:404-24. 2011..However, the maintenance of the apoptotic microtubule network (AMN) during apoptosis is not understood...
- Molecular study of proteinuria in patients treated with B₁₂ supplements: do not forget megaloblastic anemia type 1Nomy Levin-Iaina
Nephrology and Hypertension Institute, Department of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Sackler School of Medicine, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Nephron Clin Pract 118:c67-71. 2011..In the present study, we describe 2 Israeli Jewish patients with MGA1 and isolated proteinuria...
- Determination of melamine, ammeline, ammelide and cyanuric acid in infant formula purchased in Canada by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryE Braekevelt
Food Research Division, Health Canada, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess 28:698-704. 2011..isotope dilution method was developed for the analysis of the triazine compounds melamine (MEL), ammeline (AMN), ammelide (AMD) and cyanuric acid (CYA) in infant formula samples purchased in Canada in 2008 for the purpose of a ..
- Arithmetic mismatch negativity and numerical magnitude processing in number matchingYi Fang Hsu
Centre for Neuroscience in Education, Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge, Downing Site, Cambridge CB2 3EB, UK
BMC Neurosci 12:83. 2011This study examined the relationship of the arithmetic mismatch negativity (AMN) and the semantic evaluation of numerical magnitude...
- Manipulations of AMP metabolic genes increase growth rate and cold tolerance in Escherichia coli: implications for psychrophilic evolutionBradley R Parry
Biology Department, Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, USA
Mol Biol Evol 28:2139-45. 2011..purA) from the psychrophilic gammaproteobacterium, Psychrobacter cryohalolentis, in an AMP nucleosidase (amn)-deficient background. Modified E...
- Treatment of an adrenomyeloneuropathy patient with Lorenzo's oil and supplementation with docosahexaenoic acid--a case reportGisella Terre'blanche
Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Unit for Drug Research and Development, School of Pharmacy, North West University, Private Bag X6001, Potchefstroom, 2520, South Africa
Lipids Health Dis 10:152. 2011This is a case report of adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN), the adult variant of adrenoleukodystryphy (ALD). The diagnoses in the patient, aged 34, was confirmed via increased serum very long chain fatty acid concentration (VLCFA)...
- Chromosomal aberrations induced by radiotherapy in lymphocytes from patients with lung cancerKultigin Cavusoglu
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science and Art, University of Giresun, Giresun, Turkey
J Environ Biol 30:7-10. 2009..CAs were evaluated in terms of chromosome break, dicentric, ring and chromosome gap. Abnormal metaphase number (AMN) was also calculated Chromosome studies were carried out in peripheral blood lymphocytes of 20 cancer patients ..
- Highly sensitive detection of melamine and its derivatives by capillary electrophoresis coupled with online preconcentration techniquesYue Jin
Institute of Analytical Chemistry, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, Beijing, PR China
Electrophoresis 31:3913-20. 2010..a rapid, simple and sensitive method for determination of melamine (MM) and its derivatives such as ammeline (AMN), ammelide (AMD) and cyanuric acid (CA) in liquid milk products...
- Serum very-long-chain fatty acids levels determined by gas chromatography in the diagnosis of peroxisomal disorders in PolandTeresa Joanna Stradomska
Department of Biochemistry and Experimental Medicine, The Children s Memorial Health Institute Warsaw, Poland
Folia Neuropathol 47:306-13. 2009..PBD) were diagnosed in 8 patients, bifunctional protein deficiency in 3 and X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy (X-ALD/AMN) in 127 hemi- or heterozygotes. The frequency of PBD was estimated as 0.20 : 100 000, and that of X-ALD/AMN 2...
- The amnesiac gene is involved in the regulation of thermal nociception in Drosophila melanogasterBenjamin T Aldrich
Department of Anesthesia, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Neurogenet 24:33-41. 2010..The amnesiac gene (amn), which encodes a putative neuropeptide precursor, is important for stabilizing olfactory memory, and is involved ..
- Dermoscopic, histological and immunohistochemical evaluation of cancerous features in acquired melanocytic nevi that have been repeatedly exposed to UVA or UVBAusilia Maria Manganoni
Department of Dermatology, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Exp Dermatol 21:86-90. 2012..repeated solar and artificial UVB (280-320 nm) and UVA (320-400 nm) exposures can modify acquired melanocytic nevi (AMN)...
- Efferent and afferent evoked potentials in patients with adrenomyeloneuropathyHideyuki Matsumoto
Department of Neurology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 112:131-6. 2010This paper investigates efferent and afferent conductions of the central nervous system by various evoked potentials in patients with adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN).
- Combined amylin-leptin treatment lowers blood pressure and adiposity in lean and obese ratsR Seth
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Program in Neuroscience, College of Medicine, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 35:1183-92. 2011Objective: To examine the cardiovascular effects of combined amylin (AMN) and leptin (LEP) treatment in lean and obese rats.
- Mutations in the gene for X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy in patients with different clinical phenotypesA Braun
Department of Pediatrics, University of Munich, Germany
Am J Hum Genet 56:854-61. 1995..X-ALD and in their female relatives; these clinical expressions were cerebral childhood ALD, adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN), and "Addison disease only" (ADO) phenotype...
- The amnionless gene, essential for mouse gastrulation, encodes a visceral-endoderm-specific protein with an extracellular cysteine-rich domainS Kalantry
Molecular Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
Nat Genet 27:412-6. 2001..streak into these functional regions, we have cloned and functionally identified the gene disrupted in the amnionless (amn) mouse, which has a recessive, embryonic lethal mutation that interferes specifically with the formation ..
- Structure and regulation of the AMP nucleosidase gene (amn) from Escherichia coliH B Leung
Department of Biochemistry, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Biochemistry 28:8726-33. 1989The gene for AMP nucleosidase from Escherichia coli (amn) has been sequenced and characterized. The gene codes for a transcript of 1.7 +/- 0.2 kb, and the open reading frame corresponds to a protein of 483 amino acids (Mr = 53848)...
- The niacin skin flush abnormality in schizophrenia: a quantitative dose-response studyErik Messamore
Behavioral Health and Clinical Neurosciences Division, 3710 SW US Veterans Hospital Road, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Schizophr Res 62:251-8. 2003..present study by characterizing the dose-response relationship between topically applied alpha-methylnicotinate (AMN) and cutaneous blood flow changes, which were quantified by laser Doppler flowmetry...
- Simultaneous determination of naproxen and related compounds by HPLC using porous graphitic carbon columnLotfi Monser
Chemistry Department, Institut National des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie, Centre Urbain Nord, B P No 676, 1080 Tunis Cedex, Tunis, Tunisia
J Pharm Biomed Anal 32:1087-92. 2003..as 1-(6-methoxy-2-naphthyl) ethanol (MNE), 2-methoxy-6-ethyl naphthalene (MEN) and 2-acetyl-6-methoxy naphthalene (AMN)...
- Aging specifically impairs amnesiac-dependent memory in DrosophilaTakuya Tamura
Tokyo Metropolitan Institute for Neuroscience, Fuchu, Tokyo 183 8526, Japan
Neuron 40:1003-11. 2003..we demonstrate that age-related defects in olfactory memory are identical to those of the MTM mutant amnesiac (amn). Furthermore, amn flies do not exhibit an age-dependent decrease in memory, in contrast to other memory mutants...
- Modulation of L-type calcium channels in Drosophila via a pituitary adenylyl cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP)-mediated pathwayAnindya Bhattacharya
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14214 3000, USA
J Biol Chem 279:37291-7. 2004..Mutations in the amnesiac (amn) gene, which encodes a polypeptide homologous to human PACAP-38, reduced the L-type current in larval muscles...
- Diverse odor-conditioned memories require uniquely timed dorsal paired medial neuron outputAlex C Keene
Department of Neurobiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 364 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Neuron 44:521-33. 2004Amnesiac mutant flies have an olfactory memory defect. The amn gene encodes a homolog of vertebrate pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating peptide (PACAP), and it is strongly expressed in dorsal paired medial (DPM) neurons...
- T-cell receptor Vbeta gene usage in CSF lymphocytes in X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyFabienne Picard
Laboratoire d Immunopathologie, Institut d Immunohématologie, Hopital Central, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, France
J Mol Recognit 18:254-61. 2005..edge of demyelinating lesions, resembling some aspects of multiple sclerosis pathology, and adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN), which involves the spinal cord and in which the inflammatory reaction is mild or absent...
- Th 1 cytokine production by peripheral blood mononuclear cells in X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy- Di Biase A
Department of Metabolism and Pathological Biochemistry, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161, Rome, Italy
J Neurol Sci 182:161-5. 2001Cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD) and adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) are the two most frequent clinical phenotypes of the same genetic defect leading to the accumulation of very long chain fatty acids (VLCFA)...
- Developmental expression of an amn(+) transgene rescues the mutant memory defect of amnesiac adultsJ DeZazzo
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
J Neurosci 19:8740-6. 1999The Drosophila memory gene amnesiac (amn) has been proposed to encode a neuropeptide protein, which includes regions homologous to vertebrate pituitary adenylyl cyclase-activating peptide (PACAP; Feany and Quinn, 1995)...
- A neuropeptide gene defined by the Drosophila memory mutant amnesiacM B Feany
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 268:869-73. 1995..One suppressor mutation that was recovered mapped in the amnesiac (amn) gene. Cloning of the locus revealed that amn encodes a previously uncharacterized neuropeptide gene...
- A candidate gene for the amnionless gastrulation stage mouse mutation encodes a TRAF-related proteinX Wang
Molecular Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York, 10021, USA
Dev Biol 177:274-90. 1996We report the identification of a new recessive prenatal lethal insertional mutation, amnionless (amn). amn mutant embryos first appear abnormal during the Early Streak stage, between E6.5 and E7.0, when they initiate mesoderm production...
- [Phenotype variability in adrenoleukodystrophy. Presentation of three new cases and a review of literature]J R Ara
Rev Neurol 24:843-7. 1996..disorder with very variable phenotype expression, including classical infantil ALD, adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) in adults and sex-linked Addison's disease. Clinical observations. Three affected patients are presented...
- Cloning and analysis of the shiA gene, which encodes the shikimate transport system of escherichia coli K-12M J Whipp
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, 3052, Australia
Gene 209:185-92. 1998..The gene is predicted to encode a protein of 438 amino acids and lies adjacent to the amn gene...
- Differences in developmental cell death between somatic and autonomic motor neurons of rat spinal cordR Wetts
Division of Neurosciences, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010 3011, USA
J Comp Neurol 396:483-92. 1998..In the present study, we used three different approaches to determine the amount of AMN cell death during normal development in the rat...
- Autonomic motor neuron migration and expression of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate reduced diaphorase are dependent upon peripheral targetR P Barber
Division of Neurosciences, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
J Comp Neurol 398:568-74. 1998..The peripheral targets of AMNs were excised microsurgically from histotypic spinal slices before the arrival of AMN axons...
- The amn gene product is required in extraembryonic tissues for the generation of middle primitive streak derivativesC Tomihara-Newberger
Sloan Kettering Division, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Cornell University, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York, 10021, USA
Dev Biol 204:34-54. 1998..insight into primitive streak assembly and function, we have conducted a detailed phenotypic characterization of amnionless, a transgene-induced insertional mouse mutation that arrests embryonic development during gastrulation...
- Altered outward K(+) currents in Drosophila larval neurons of memory mutants rutabaga and amnesiacD Yu
Laboratory of Visual Information Processing, Department of Neurobiology, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, People s Republic of China
J Neurobiol 40:158-70. 1999..adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) analog 8-bromo-cAMP in both Drosophila memory mutants rutabaga (rut) and amnesiac (amn) was significantly larger than that (50%) in wild type...
- Plasma levels of adrenomedullin in patients with adrenoleukodystrophy/adrenomyeloneuropathyC Letizia
Department of Clinical Science, University of Rome La Sapienza, 00165 Rome, Italy
Horm Res 63:90-4. 2005..X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy/adrenomyeloneuropathy (ALD/AMN) is a peculiar adrenal insufficiency due to an accumulation of very-long chain fatty acid in adrenal cells and it ..
- Amnionless function is required for cubilin brush-border expression and intrinsic factor-cobalamin (vitamin B12) absorption in vivoQianchuan He
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
Blood 106:1447-53. 2005b>Amnionless (AMN) and cubilin gene products appear to be essential functional subunits of an endocytic receptor called cubam. Mutation of either gene causes autosomal recessive Imerslund-Gräsbeck syndrome (I-GS, OMIM no...
- Is AMN-107 a step forward from imatinib in the treatment of chronic myeloid leukaemia?Sheila A Doggrell
Division of Health Practice, Auckland University of Technology Akoranga Campus, Northcote, Auckland, New Zealand
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 14:1063-6. 2005..b>AMN-107 inhibited the proliferation of haematopoietic cells expressing the mutants in Ph+ CML and acute lymphoblastic ..
- The neuropsychiatry of adrenomyeloneuropathyMark A Walterfang
Neuropsychiatry Unit, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
CNS Spectr 12:696-701. 2007..an elevated rate of affective disturbance, the myeloneuropathic form of the disease known as adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) has been associated with only occasional cases of major mental illness...
- Prominent brain axonal damage and functional reorganization in "pure" adrenomyeloneuropathyS Marino
Department of Neurological and Behavioral Sciences, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Neurology 69:1261-9. 2007Cerebral involvement is usually absent in pure adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN)...
- Induction of lipid peroxidation and decrease of antioxidant defenses in symptomatic and asymptomatic patients with X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyMarion Deon
Servico de Genetica Medica, HCPA, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Int J Dev Neurosci 25:441-4. 2007..have been described for this genetic disorder, being the childhood cerebral form (CCER), adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) and asymptomatic the most common clinical forms...
- Multiligand endocytosis and congenital defects: roles of cubilin, megalin and amnionlessRenata Kozyraki
INSERM, UMR 538, Faculte de Medecine Saint Antoine, 27, rue de Chaligny, 75012 Paris, France
Curr Pharm Des 13:3038-46. 2007..b>Amnionless is a plasma membrane protein that binds to cubilin in various epithelia; the interaction cubilin-amnionless in ..
- Interactions of cubilin with megalin and the product of the amnionless gene (AMN): effect on its stabilityRajiv Ahuja
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Departments of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin and Zablocki Veterans Administration Medical Center, Milwaukee, WI 53295, USA
Biochem J 410:301-8. 2008..Cubilin interacts with two transmembrane proteins, AMN, a 45-50 kDa protein product of the amnionless gene, and megalin, a 600 kDa giant endocytic receptor...
- Multicenter Therapeutic Trials of X-Linked ALDGerald Raymond; Fiscal Year: 2006..childhood cerebral form, which may lead to total disability and death by 10 years of age, to adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN), which presents in the middle or late twenties as a paraparesis that is slowly progressive over decades...
- Functional Studies in AdrenomyeloneuropathyGerald Raymond; Fiscal Year: 2005..In affected men, AMN presents most commonly in the late twenties as a spastic paraparesis that is progressive over decades and often ..
- Multicenter Therapeutic Trials of X-Linked ALDHugo Moser; Fiscal Year: 2005..childhood cerebral form, which may lead to total disability and death by 10 years of age, to adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN), which presents in the middle or late twenties as a paraparesis that is slowly progressive over decades...
- A Phase III Trial of Lorenzo's Oil in AdrenomyeloneuropathyGerald Raymond; Fiscal Year: 2007..controlled study of glyceryl trioleate-glyceryl trierucate (Lorenzo's Oil or LO) therapy in adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN), the adult form of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy (X-ALD)...
- Multicenter Therapeutic Trails of X-Linked ALD SupplementHugo Moser; Fiscal Year: 2005..controlled study of Glyceryl Trioleate-Glyceryl Trierucate (Lorenzo's Oil (LO) therapy in Adrenomyeloneupathy (AMN), the adult form of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy (X-ALD). AMN is slowly progressive...
- A Phase III Trial of Lorenzo's Oil in AdrenomyeloneuropathyGerald Raymond; Fiscal Year: 2009..study of glyceryl trioleate-glyceryl trierucate (Lorenzo's Oil or LO) therapy in adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN), the adult form of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy (X-ALD)...
- Imaging the Pathophysiology of AMN in Mice and HumansFlorian Eichler; Fiscal Year: 2007..candidate to further develop his knowledge of MR physics and expertise in imaging studies of adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN), a form of adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD), while providing rigorous exposure to the clinical and biological side of ..
- THERAPEUTIC TRIALS OF X-LINKED ALD: PHASE III; LORENZO*Hugo Moser; Fiscal Year: 2006The investigators propose to conduct a double-masked, placebo-controlled study of LO therapy in AMN, the adult form of X-Iinked adrenoleukodystrophy (X-ALD). AMN is slowly progressive...
- THERAPEUTIC TRIALS OF X-LINKED ALD: PHASE III; LORENZO*Gerald Raymond; Fiscal Year: 2007The investigators propose to conduct a double-masked, placebo-controlled study of LO therapy in AMN, the adult form of X-Iinked adrenoleukodystrophy (X-ALD). AMN is slowly progressive...
- AVIAN RETROVIRUS DNA SYNTHESIS AND INTEGRATIONDuane Grandgenett; Fiscal Year: 2003..an efficient, high-fidelity concerted (full-site) integration reaction with purified avian myeloblastosis virus (AMN) IN and model linear retrovirus like substrates that contain the long terminal repeat (LTR) at their ends...
- Cell Growth and Differentiation in the Vetebrate EmbryoElizabeth Lacy; Fiscal Year: 2005..The mouse mutation amnionless (amn) not only impairs epiblast growth, but also specifically disrupts the assembly and/or function of the ..
- CELL GROWTH AND DIFFERENTIATION IN THE VERTEBRATE EMBRYOElizabeth Lacy; Fiscal Year: 2001..The subject of this proposal is amnionless (amn), a recessive transgene insertional mutation that disrupts the assembly of the middle streak, this portion ..
- noso and primitive streak function in mouse gastrulationFloria Lupu; Fiscal Year: 2004..One of these, amn (amnionless), was previously characterized by the Lacy lab, which recently cloned the Amn gene...
- Mechanisms and significance of cublin-mediated HDL uptakeWILLIAM ARGRAVES; Fiscal Year: 2009..The second aim is to determine the significance of each of the three known cubilin co-receptors, megalin, amnionless (AMN) and the cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor ll-receptor (CIMPR), to the ..
- Mechanisms & Significance of Cublin-Mediated HDL UptakeWILLIAM ARGRAVES; Fiscal Year: 2007..The second aim is to determine the significance of each of the three known cubilin co-receptors, megalin, amnionless (AMN) and the cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor ll-receptor (CIMPR), to the ..
- SIGNALLING WITHIN THE DROSOPHILA SEGMENTAL NERVEMichael Stern; Fiscal Year: 2004..intermediates in the receipt of intercellular signaling pathways mediated by the PACAP neuropeptide, or by the amn-encoded protein, which is PACAP-related...
- How does the amnesiac gene product aid memory?Scott Waddell; Fiscal Year: 2007..This application focuses on the Drosophila amnesiac (amn) mutant. Mutant amn flies have poor memory...
- A novel G protein signaling pathway controlling Drosophila cardiac morphogenesisZhe Han; Fiscal Year: 2010..Studies of these genes promote our understanding of heart development and mechanism of congenital heart disease. ..
- Essential Hypertension and Human Skin Blood FlowLacy A Holowatz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Further, these results will provide insight into the regulation of skin blood flow and potential therapeutic intervention strategies for hypertensive vascular pathology. ..
- Niacin Sensitivity and Fatty Acids in SchizophreniaErik Messamore; Fiscal Year: 2005..niacin sensitivity by measuring the skin blood flow response to graded doses of topical alpha-methylnicotinate (AMN)...
- PET IMAGING & MAPPINGSteven Potkin; Fiscal Year: 2002..3. Retrospect ively evaluate the fMRI structural and neuropsychological data, comparing the performance of those who did and did not show cognitive declines beyond normal age-associated memory impairment (AAMI). ..
- Transdisciplinary Imaging Genetics Center (1 of 2)(RMI)Steven Potkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..These goals could not be achieved without a unifying Center focused on a single integrative theme. The new knowledge generated by the Center holds considerable promise for improving diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. ..