Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: alpha fetoprotein
Description: alpha fetoprotein
Alias: AFPD, FETA, HPAFP, alpha-fetoprotein, alpha-1-fetoprotein, alpha-fetoglobulin
Products: alpha fetoprotein
Publications123 found, 100 shown here
- Kim B, Ahn S, Seong J, Park J, Kim D, Kim J, et al. Early ?-fetoprotein response as a predictor for clinical outcome after localized concurrent chemoradiotherapy for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. Liver Int. 2011;31:369-76 pubmed publisher..5 vs. 25.9%; P<0.001). Early AFP response may be useful not only in predicting prognosis and treatment response but also in establishing optimized treatment plans for HCC. ..
- Lee M, Kim S, Kim D, Ahn S, Choi E, Lee K, et al. Early on-treatment predictions of clinical outcomes using alpha-fetoprotein and des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin responses in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012;27:313-22 pubmed publisher..Early on-treatment AFP response was predictive of OS in treatment-naïve patients with advanced HCC receiving HAIC and CCRT as an initial treatment modality. Furthermore, DCP response was useful for predicting PFS in patients with CCRT. ..
- Kuzuya T, Asahina Y, Tsuchiya K, Tanaka K, Suzuki Y, Hoshioka T, et al. Early decrease in ?-fetoprotein, but not des-?-carboxy prothrombin, predicts sorafenib efficacy in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncology. 2011;81:251-8 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, early elevation of DCP does not necessarily suggest treatment failure by sorafenib, as DCP elevation can occur despite therapeutic efficacy. ..
- Potapovich A, Pastore S, Kostyuk V, Lulli D, Mariani V, De Luca C, et al. alpha-Fetoprotein as a modulator of the pro-inflammatory response of human keratinocytes. Br J Pharmacol. 2009;158:1236-47 pubmed publisher..AFP may modulate inflammatory events in human skin. ..
- Marrero J, Feng Z, Wang Y, Nguyen M, Befeler A, Roberts L, et al. Alpha-fetoprotein, des-gamma carboxyprothrombin, and lectin-bound alpha-fetoprotein in early hepatocellular carcinoma. Gastroenterology. 2009;137:110-8 pubmed publisher..78 (95% CI: 0.72-0.85) leading to a sensitivity of 65% at the same cutoff. AFP was more sensitive than DCP and AFP-L3% for the diagnosis of early and very early stage HCC at a new cutoff of 10.9 ng/mL. ..
- Morinaga T, Sakai M, Wegmann T, Tamaoki T. Primary structures of human alpha-fetoprotein and its mRNA. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1983;80:4604-8 pubmed..Again, the similarity was the highest in domain 3 and the lowest in domain 1. Human AFP and human albumin are similar in overall structure, but certain parts of the molecules differ significantly in their predicted secondary structure. ..
- Lee Y, Kim S, Kim D, Ahn S, Lee K, Lee D, et al. Prognostic value of ?-fetoprotein and des-?-carboxy prothrombin responses in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma treated with transarterial chemoembolization. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:5 pubmed publisher..05). AFP response and higher baseline DCP level are significant predictors of OS in treatment-naïve patients with HCC receiving TACE who showed pretreatment elevation of both AFP and DCP. ..
- Reith W, MÃ¼hl Benninghaus R, Simgen A, Yilmaz U. [Germ cell and embryonal tumors]. Radiologe. 2014;54:772-82 pubmed publisher..of intracranial germ cell tumor is based on the clinical symptoms, detection of tumor markers, such as alpha fetoprotein (AFP) and the beta subunit of human chorionic gonadotropin (beta-hCG) in blood and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF),..
- Saleem S, Khan R, Afzal M, Kazmi I. Oxyphenbutazone promotes cytotoxicity in rats and Hep3B cellsvia suppression of PGE2 and deactivation of Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway. Mol Cell Biochem. 2018;444:187-196 pubmed publisher..Therefore, inhibition of COX-2 by our novel combination infers that even low doses of MTX can elucidate noticeable anticancer activity when paired with OPB. ..
- Xu Q, Tu J, Dou C, Zhang J, Yang L, Liu X, et al. HSP90 promotes cell glycolysis, proliferation and inhibits apoptosis by regulating PKM2 abundance via Thr-328 phosphorylation in hepatocellular carcinoma. Mol Cancer. 2017;16:178 pubmed publisher..positive expression of HSP90 and PKM2 was correlated with poor clinicopathological features including high alpha fetoprotein (AFP) level, large tumor size, portal vein tumor thrombus (PVTT) and advanced tumor-node-metastasis (TNM) ..
- El Gendy M, Abdel Wahhab K, Mannaa F, Farghaly A, El Bondkly A. Carcinogenic Activities and Sperm Abnormalities of Methicillin Resistance Staphylococcus aureus and Inhibition of Their Virulence Potentials by Ayamycin. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2017;183:833-852 pubmed publisher..Similarly, a significant elevation was recorded in serum levels of tumor biomarkers (alpha fetoprotein; AFP, carcinoembryonic antigen; CEA, and lactate dehydrogenase; LDH) reflecting their carcinogenic potential...
- Sherif R, Abdellatif H, Hazem N, Ebrahim N, Saleh D, Shiha G, et al. Effect of human umbilical cord blood derived CD34+ hematopoietic stem cell on the expression of Wnt4 and P53 genes in a rat model of hepatocellular carcinoma. Tissue Cell. 2018;50:125-132 pubmed publisher..65, p?<?0.05) in the saline-HCC group were not observed in the CD34+ HCC group. Human CD34+ cells transplantation has a deteriorating effect on HCC. ..
- Gilligan T. Decision Making in a Data-Poor Environment: Management of Brain Metastases From Testicular and Extragonadal Germ Cell Tumors. J Clin Oncol. 2016;34:303-6 pubmed publisher..His cancer remains in complete remission 3 years later without additional treatment. His three lines of chemotherapy left him with chronic peripheral neuropathy. ..
- Xia S, Li X, Abasubong K, Xu C, Shi H, Liu W, et al. Effects of dietary glucose and starch levels on the growth, apparent digestibility, and skin-associated mucosal non-specific immune parameters in juvenile blunt snout bream (Megalobrama amblycephala). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;79:193-201 pubmed publisher..However, the proportion of the specific formula of glucose using in feed needs further study. ..
- Hou J, Long Y, Hu B, Huang S, Xu G, Gao T, et al. Retaining mTeSR1 Medium during Hepatic Differentiation Facilitates Hepatocyte-Like Cell Survival by Decreasing Apoptosis. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2018;51:1533-1543 pubmed publisher..optimization, the expression levels of SRY-related HMG-box 17 (SOX17) and forkhead box A2 (FOXA2) at day 4, alpha fetoprotein (AFP) and hepatocyte nuclear factor 4α (HNF4α) at day 15, and albumin (ALB) at day 25 were quantified in ..
- Obulhasim G, Yasen M, Kajino K, Mogushi K, Tanaka S, Mizushima H, et al. Up-regulation of dbpA mRNA in hepatocellular carcinoma associated with metabolic syndrome. Hepatol Int. 2013;7:215-25 pubmed publisher..The demethylation-related epigenetic activation may be one of the regulating factors for HCC patients with MS. ..
- Ouda S, Khairy A, Sorour A, Mikhail M. Serum Beta-2 Microglobulin: a Possible Marker for Disease Progression in Egyptian Patients with Chronic HCV Related Liver Diseases. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16:7825-9 pubmed..Serum B2M level is elevated in HCV related chronic liver diseases and may be used as a marker for HCV disease progression towards cirrhosis and carcinoma. ..
- Chang K, Tseng P, Wu Y, Hung H, Huang C, Lu S, et al. A polymorphism in interferon L3 is an independent risk factor for development of hepatocellular carcinoma after treatment of hepatitis C virus infection. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2015;13:1017-24 pubmed publisher..030) were independent risk factors for HCC. Based on a retrospective study of patients treated for HCV infection, the IFNL3 rs12979860 CT and TT polymorphisms are associated with a risk for HCC, especially in patients without a SVR. ..
- Khan F, Khan T, Kalamegam G, Pushparaj P, Chaudhary A, Abuzenadah A, et al. Anti-cancer effects of Ajwa dates (Phoenix dactylifera L.) in diethylnitrosamine induced hepatocellular carcinoma in Wistar rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:418 pubmed publisher..ADE can, therefore, be used together with conventional therapeutics for HCC. ..
- Liu M, Zhou R, Wu X, Xu X, Su M, Yang B. Clinicopathologic charcterization of sorafenib-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress in human liver cancer cells. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2018;69: pubmed publisher..In addition, induction of intracellular ER stress functions as a promising strategy for treating advanced HCC. ..
- Wang M, Zhang X, Xiong X, Yang Z, Li P, Wang J, et al. Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells Reverse Liver Damage in a Carbon Tetrachloride-induced Mouse Model of Chronic Liver Injury. In Vivo. 2016;30:187-93 pubmed..Promotion of IL-10 and inhibition of MMP-9 by transplanted BMSCs may be involved in the anti-inflammatory and anti-fibrotic action of BMSCs. ..
- Park E, Kim S, Lee J, Kim Y, Lee D, Cho E, et al. The mitochondrial hinge protein, UQCRH, is a novel prognostic factor for hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Med. 2017;6:749-760 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in patients grouped as high risk based on elevated AFP, lack of UQCRH overexpression could be a useful indicator for clinical treatment. ..
- Zhu P, Jin J, Liao Y, Li J, Yu X, Liao W, et al. A novel prognostic biomarker SPC24 up-regulated in hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2015;6:41383-97 pubmed publisher..Additionally, silence of SPC24 inhibiting HCC cell growth indicated that SPC24 may be a promising molecular target for HCC therapy. ..
- Xu Z, Cao C, Xia H, Shi S, Hong L, Wei X, et al. Protein phosphatase magnesium-dependent 1Î´ is a novel tumor marker and target in hepatocellular carcinoma. Front Med. 2016;10:52-60 pubmed publisher..In addition, PPM1D suppression by small interfering RNA decreased the tumorigenicity of HCC cells in vivo. Overall, results suggest that PPM1D is a potential prognostic marker and therapeutic target for HCC. ..
- Diallo K, Trotter C, Timbine Y, Tamboura B, Sow S, Issaka B, et al. Pharyngeal carriage of Neisseria species inÂ the African meningitis belt. J Infect. 2016;72:667-677 pubmed publisher..between 2010 and 2012 and characterized at the rplF locus to determine species and at the variable region of the fetA antigen gene. Prevalence and risk factors for carriage were analyzed...
- Bholee A, Peng K, Zhou Z, Chen J, Xu L, Zhang Y, et al. Radiofrequency ablation combined with transarterial chemoembolization versus hepatectomy for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma within Milan criteria: a retrospective case-control study. Clin Transl Oncol. 2017;19:844-852 pubmed publisher..TACEÂ +Â RFA is safe and as effective as hepatectomy for patients with HCC within Milan criteria. ..
- Aravinthan A, Bruni S, Doyle A, Thein H, Goldaracena N, Issachar A, et al. Liver Transplantation is a Preferable Alternative to Palliative Therapy for Selected Patients with Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Ann Surg Oncol. 2017;24:1843-1851 pubmed publisher..Liver transplantation provides significantly better survival rates than palliation for patients with selected advanced HCC. ..
- Radunz S, Treckmann J, Baba H, Best J, Muller S, Theysohn J, et al. Long-Term Outcome After Liver Transplantation for Hepatocellular Carcinoma Following Yttrium-90 Radioembolization Bridging Treatment. Ann Transplant. 2017;22:215-221 pubmed..5% of patients. Patients with successful bridging treatment, i.e. complete necrosis of explant specimens, demonstrate a trend towards a lower risk of tumor recurrence. ..
- Guo X, Lv X, Lv X, Ma Y, Chen L, Chen Y. Circulating miR-21 serves as a serum biomarker for hepatocellular carcinoma and correlated with distant metastasis. Oncotarget. 2017;8:44050-44058 pubmed publisher..006) and distant metastasis (P=0.000). Thus, our findings suggest that miR-21 together with AFP may help enhance the diagnosis of HCC, especially of AFP-negative HCC, and could distinguish HCC from CHB and LC. ..
- Song Y, Zhang Y, Ji T, Gu X, Yang Q, Zhu S, et al. Persistent circulation of Coxsackievirus A6 of genotype D3 in mainland of China between 2008 and 2015. Sci Rep. 2017;7:5491 pubmed publisher..These data revealed different transmission stages of CV-A6 in mainland of China and that sub-genotype D3 may have stronger transmission ability. ..
- Zhang J, Hao N, Liu W, Lu M, Sun L, Chen N, et al. In-depth proteomic analysis of tissue interstitial fluid for hepatocellular carcinoma serum biomarker discovery. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:1676-1684 pubmed publisher..As a proximal fluid between body fluids and intracellular fluid, tissue interstitial fluid (TIF) is a suitable source for serum biomarker discovery...
- Setiyono A, Budiyati A, Purwantomo S, Anggelia M, Fanany I, Wibowo G, et al. Immunoregulatory effects of AFP domains on monocyte-derived dendritic cell function. BMC Immunol. 2011;12:4 pubmed publisher..Finally, both FL-AFP and D-AFP impaired the MDDC ability to secrete IL-12 (p70). D2- and D3- but not D1-AFP extensively suppresses the MDDC function. All the recombinant AFP proteins impaired the ability of MDDC to secrete IL-12. ..
- Yaprak O, Akyildiz M, Dayangac M, Demirbas B, Güler N, Doğusoy G, et al. AFP level and histologic differentiation predict the survival of patients with liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2012;11:256-61 pubmed..Poor differentiation and higher AFP levels are indicators of poor prognosis after liver transplantation. ..
- GonzÃ¡lez Ortiz G, Sala R, CÃ¡novas E, Abed N, Barroeta A. Consumption of dietary n-3 fatty acids decreases fat deposition and adipocyte size, but increases oxidative susceptibility in broiler chickens. Lipids. 2013;48:705-17 pubmed publisher..Results indicate that feeding an n-3 PUFA diet influences fat distribution and the oxidative status of broiler chickens. ..
- Cao B, Yang L, Rong W, Feng L, Han N, Zhang K, et al. Latent transforming growth factor-beta binding protein-1 in circulating plasma as a novel biomarker for early detection of hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:16046-54 pubmed..72-0.83) and early-stage HCC (AUC = 0.80, 95% CI: 0.74-0.87). These findings proposed that LTBP-1 may be a promising biomarker for distinguishing HCC from the CHB or liver cirrhosis patients, especially for the early-stage HCC. ..
- Qin Q, Weng J, Xu G, Chen C, Jia C. Combination of serum tumor markers dickkopf-1, DCP and AFP for the diagnosis of primary hepatocellular carcinoma. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2017;10:409-413 pubmed publisher..The tests are convenient and inexpensive, and may serve as a valuable addition to current options for the diagnosis of HCC. ..
- Apisarnthanarax S, Saini J, O Ryan Blair A, Castro J, Bowen S. Intensity Modulated Proton Therapy with Advanced Planning Techniques in a Challenging Hepatocellular Carcinoma Patient. Cureus. 2017;9:e1674 pubmed publisher..male with an unresectable 13 cm diffusely infiltrative HCC tumor with main portal vein invasion and elevated alpha-feta protein (AFP) of 37,200 that was intolerant of standard sorafenib treatment...
- Esen B, Yaman M, Baltaci S. Should we rely on Doppler ultrasound for evaluation of testicular solid lesions?. World J Urol. 2018;36:1263-1266 pubmed publisher..In patients with smaller, non-palpable lesions without elevated tumor markers, treatment options other than radical orchiectomy such as testicular sparing surgery should be considered. ..
- Wongjarupong N, Negron Ocasio G, Chaiteerakij R, Addissie B, Mohamed E, Mara K, et al. Model combining pre-transplant tumor biomarkers and tumor size shows more utility in predicting hepatocellular carcinoma recurrence and survival than the BALAD models. World J Gastroenterol. 2018;24:1321-1331 pubmed publisher..71 and 0.69 for recurrence and death. BALAD and BALAD-2 are valid in transplant HCC patients, but less predictive than the three biomarkers in combination or the three biomarkers in combination with maximal tumor diameter (S-LAD). ..
- Wubetu G, Morine Y, Teraoku H, Yoshikawa M, Ishikawa D, Yamada S, et al. High NEK2 Expression Is a Predictor of Tumor Recurrence in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Patients After Hepatectomy. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:757-62 pubmed..024). Patients with high NEK2 expression had significantly poor recurrence-free survival (p=0.042) and early recurrence. Overall, these results suggest that NEK2 could be a promising biomarker for HCC recurrence. ..
- Aikawa T, Mizuno A, Kohri M, Taniguchi T, Kishikawa K, Nakahira T. Polystyrene latex particles containing europium complexes prepared by miniemulsion polymerization using bovine serum albumin as a surfactant for biochemical diagnosis. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;145:152-159 pubmed publisher..These results revealed that the luminescent particles obtained in this study can be utilized for the highly sensitive detection of biomolecules and in vitro biochemical diagnosis. ..
- Shen J, Li C, Wen T, Yan L, Li B, Wang W, et al. Transplantation versus hepatectomy for HCC beyond the Milan criteria: A propensity score analysis. Int J Surg. 2017;44:33-42 pubmed publisher..643). Our propensity model suggested that LT provided significantly better long-term survival than SR for HCC beyond Milan criteria before and after PSM. ..
- Ma H, Zhao Y, Liu Y, Zhang Y, Wu D, Li H, et al. A Compatible Sensitivity Enhancement Strategy for Electrochemiluminescence Immunosensors Based on the Biomimetic Melanin-Like Deposition. Anal Chem. 2017;: pubmed publisher..A broad-spectrum tumor marker alpha fetoprotein (AFP) was selected as a model analyte to demonstrate the feasibility of the proposed strategy...
- Yu Z, Wang R, Chen F, Wang J, Huang X. Five Novel Oncogenic Signatures Could Be Utilized as AFP-Related Diagnostic Biomarkers for Hepatocellular Carcinoma Based on Next-Generation Sequencing. Dig Dis Sci. 2018;63:945-957 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a more accurate diagnostic plan for HCC patients based on next-generation sequencing compared with AFP alone. ..
- Mizejewski G. Nonsecreted cytoplasmic alpha-fetoprotein: a newly discovered role in intracellular signaling and regulation. An update and commentary. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:9857-64 pubmed publisher..Although circulating serum AFP is known as a growth-enhancing factor during development, cytoplasmic AFP has a lethal role in the oncogenesis, growth, and metastasis of adult liver cancer. ..
- Liu S, Zhao T, Song B, Zhou J, Wang T. Comparative Proteomics Reveals Important Viral-Host Interactions in HCV-Infected Human Liver Cells. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0147991 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our proteomics study has uncovered key viral and cellular factors that interact with E2 and provided new insights into our understanding of HCV infection. ..
- Suzuki J, Oizumi H, Kato H, Endoh M, Watarai H, Hamada A, et al. [Complete Resection of Non-seminomatous Germ Cell Tumor with Plastron Approach]. Kyobu Geka. 2016;69:499-502 pubmed..computed tomography(CT) demonstrated mediastinal tumor, measuring 13 cm in diameter with high serum level of alpha fetoprotein (AFP) and human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG)...
- Wang J, Liu W, Parikh K, Post A. Alpha-fetoprotein-producing esophageal adenocarcinoma: a mimicker of hepatocellular carcinoma. Clin J Gastroenterol. 2017;10:7-12 pubmed publisher..Clinicians should consider AFP-producing EAC in their differential diagnosis in the work-up of a liver mass in the setting of elevated AFP or liver function impairment, especially in the absence of chronic liver disease. ..
- Li L, Chen J, Xu W, Ding X, Wang X, Liang J. Clinical characteristics of hepatocellular carcinoma patients with normal serum alpha-fetoprotein level: A study of 112 consecutive cases. Asia Pac J Clin Oncol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The purpose of this observational study was to determine the clinical presentation, biological behavior and outcome of HCC patients with normal AFP level...
- Yoon A, Hong J, Kim M, Yun C. Hepatocellular carcinoma-targeting oncolytic adenovirus overcomes hypoxic tumor microenvironment and effectively disperses through both central and peripheral tumor regions. Sci Rep. 2018;8:2233 pubmed publisher..This chimeric AFP promoter enabled Ad to overcome the hypoxic tumor microenvironment and target HCC with high specificity, rendering it a promising candidate for the treatment of aggressive HCCs. ..
- Li G, Li S, Wang Z, Xue Y, Dong C, Zeng J, et al. Label-free electrochemical aptasensor for detection of alpha-fetoprotein based on AFP-aptamer and thionin/reduced graphene oxide/gold nanoparticles. Anal Biochem. 2018;547:37-44 pubmed publisher..b>Alpha fetoprotein (AFP) is an important clinical tumor marker for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), and the concentration of AFP ..
- Abass S, Abdel Hamid N, Abouzed T, El Shishtawy M. Chemosensitizing effect of Alpinia officinarum rhizome extract in cisplatin-treated rats with hepatocellular carcinoma. Biomed Pharmacother. 2018;101:710-718 pubmed publisher..This effect is more potent than the treatment with CP alone. Our study suggested that AORE can be used as a promising natural chemoprevention or a chemosensitizing agent against hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Liu J, Zhu Q, Li Y, Qiao G, Xu C, Guo D, et al. Microvascular invasion and positive HB e antigen are associated with poorer survival after hepatectomy of early hepatocellular carcinoma: A retrospective cohort study. Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol. 2018;42:330-338 pubmed publisher..It is important to predict the presence of MVI before hepatic resection to determine treatment strategies. ..
- Murphy D, Amssoms K, Pille G, Clarke A, O Hara M, Van Roey J, et al. Sustained release of the candidate antiretroviral peptides T-1249 and JNJ54310516-AFP from a rod insert vaginal ring. Drug Deliv Transl Res. 2016;6:234-42 pubmed publisher..Release rates were dependent upon the type of excipient used. The degree of release improvement with different inserts partially reflects their ability to imbibe surrounding fluid and swell in aqueous environments. ..
- Shi W, Huang W, Chen Y, Zhang S, Xu P, Gu X, et al. Low expression of PIDD is associated with cell proliferation and apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:10447-57 pubmed publisher..Finally, flow cytometry revealed that overexpression of PIDD slightly increased the apoptosis of HCC cells. Taken together, we concluded that PIDD may be a valuable prognostic marker and promising therapeutic target of HCC. ..
- Donat M, Alonso S, Pereira F, Ferrero E, Carrion L, Acín Gándara D, et al. Impact of Histological Factors of Hepatocellular Carcinoma on the Outcome of Liver Transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:1968-77 pubmed publisher..0004). MVI and G3 are independent negative factors affecting OS, DFS, and recurrence. The presence of MVI or AFP levels >200 ng/mL represent a contraindication for LT, as long as the patient is beyond the Milan criteria. ..
- Yao H, Zhang Z. [Standardized diagnosis and treatment of colorectal liver metastasis]. Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2017;20:753-757 pubmed..For those with unresectable lesions, the aim is to improve tumor-associated symptoms and maintain the quality of life. ..
- Zoumpopoulou G, Tzouvanou A, Mavrogonatou E, Alexandraki V, Georgalaki M, Anastasiou R, et al. Probiotic Features of Lactic Acid Bacteria Isolated from a Diverse Pool of Traditional Greek Dairy Products Regarding Specific Strain-Host Interactions. Probiotics Antimicrob Proteins. 2018;10:313-322 pubmed publisher..of novel probiotic strains, 106 lactic acid bacteria, all isolated from traditional Greek dairy products, namely Feta, Kasseri, Xynotyri, Graviera, Formaela, Galotyri, and Kefalotyri cheeses as well as yogurt and milk, were studied ..
- Uemoto K, Doi H, Shiomi H, Yamada K, Tatsumi D, Yasumoto T, et al. Clinical Assessment of Micro-residual Tumors during Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy for Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2018;38:945-954 pubmed..In patients with high AFP levels, there is a possibility of microscopic invasion around the tumor, suggesting that LC may be improved by adding an additional clinical target volume margin to the gross tumor volume. ..
- Meguro M, Mizuguchi T, Nishidate T, Okita K, Ishii M, Ota S, et al. Prognostic roles of preoperative Î±-fetoprotein and des-Î³-carboxy prothrombin in hepatocellular carcinoma patients. World J Gastroenterol. 2015;21:4933-45 pubmed publisher..High levels of both AFP and DCP were an independent risk factor associated with tumor recurrence in the HBV and HCV groups. The relationship between tumor marker levels and prognosis was characteristic to the type of viral hepatitis. ..
- Bassey B, Vaz R, Braka F, Komakech W, Maleghemi S, Akpan G, et al. Profiling the immunity status of children with non-polio acute flaccid paralysis who had not received any doses of oral polio vaccine in the South-South region, Nigeria 2011-2014. Public Health. 2016;139:148-153 pubmed publisher..Given the decrease in OPV immunity status, the region risks re-introduction of poliovirus. Swift steps should be taken to improve the immunization coverage, which would boost immunity status in Nigeria. ..
- Heimer S, Schmidlin P, Stawarczyk B. Discoloration of PMMA, composite, and PEEK. Clin Oral Investig. 2017;21:1191-1200 pubmed publisher..Clinicians and dental technicians should inform their patients about the discoloration potential of certain foods/beverages and recommend the most efficient cleaning, but preventive methods. ..
- Gao H, Wang X, Li M, Qi H, Gao Q, Zhang C. Proximity hybridization-regulated electrogenerated chemiluminescence bioassay of Î±-fetoprotein via target-induced quenching mechanism. Biosens Bioelectron. 2017;98:62-67 pubmed publisher..This method displays great potential for point-of-care testing and commercial application. ..
- Seo S, Kim H, Kim W, Shin W, Kim D, Kim K, et al. Diagnostic value of PIVKA-II and alpha-fetoprotein in hepatitis B virus-associated hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2015;21:3928-35 pubmed publisher..05), especially when cirrhosis was present (P < 0.05). Serum PIVKA-II might be a better tumor marker than AFP, and its combination with AFP may enhance the early detection of HCC in patients with CHB. ..
- Muñoz P, Márquez S, Gonzalez Nilo F, Márquez Miranda V, Blamey J. Structure and application of antifreeze proteins from Antarctic bacteria. Microb Cell Fact. 2017;16:138 pubmed publisher..By determining the interaction of AFPs at the ice/water interface, it will be possible to understand the process of adaptation of psychrophilic bacteria to Antarctic ice. ..
- Yu R, Tan Z, Xiang X, Dan Y, Deng G. Effectiveness of PIVKA-II in the detection of hepatocellular carcinoma based on real-world clinical data. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:608 pubmed publisher..Our data showed that PIVKA-II effectively increases the detection rate of HCC was a valid complement to AFP and image examination in HCC surveillance. ..
- Parpart S, Roessler S, Dong F, Rao V, Takai A, Ji J, et al. Modulation of miR-29 expression by Î±-fetoprotein is linked to the hepatocellular carcinoma epigenome. Hepatology. 2014;60:872-83 pubmed publisher..Tumor biology differs considerably between AFP+ HCC and AFP- HCC; AFP is a functional antagonist of miR-29, which may contribute to global epigenetic alterations and poor prognosis in HCC. ..
- Ohkawa K, Asakura T, Tsukada Y, Matsuura T. Antibody to human Î±-fetoprotein inhibits cell growth of human hepatocellular carcinoma cells by resuscitating the PTEN molecule: in vitro experiments. Int J Oncol. 2017;50:2180-2190 pubmed publisher..PTEN simultaneously induced both P53 activation and intracellular translocation of GLUT1, since these are closely associated with PTEN. ..
- Lin J, Wu Y, Wu C, Shih P, Wang W, Chien Y. DNA methylation markers and serum Î±-fetoprotein level are prognostic factors in hepatocellular carcinoma. Ann Hepatol. 2015;14:494-504 pubmed..A partially methylated or unmethylated RASSF1A promoter as well as elevated serum AFP level or methylation of p21 in addition to elevated serum AFP level might be associated with poor prognosis in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Han Z, Sun S, Fu H, Fu Y. Multi-Scale Low-Entropy Method for Optimizing the Processing Parameters during Automated Fiber Placement. Materials (Basel). 2017;10: pubmed publisher..The results show that the low-entropy optimization method can reduce void content effectively, and further improve the mechanical properties of laminates. ..
- Lui K, Zhao H, Qiu C, Li C, Zhang Z, Peng H, et al. Integrator complex subunit 6 (INTS6) inhibits hepatocellular carcinoma growth by Wnt pathway and serve as a prognostic marker. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:644 pubmed publisher..This newly identified INTS6/WIF-1 axis indicates the molecular mechanism of HCC and may represent a therapeutic target in HCC patients. ..
- Sakai M, Morinaga T, Urano Y, Watanabe K, Wegmann T, Tamaoki T. The human alpha-fetoprotein gene. Sequence organization and the 5' flanking region. J Biol Chem. 1985;260:5055-60 pubmed..There are two Alu family sequences and two poly(dT-dG) repeats in the human AFP gene that show different distribution patterns from those in the mouse AFP gene. ..
- Nicolle D, Fabre M, Simon Coma M, Gorse A, Kappler R, Nonell L, et al. Patient-derived mouse xenografts from pediatric liver cancer predict tumor recurrence and advise clinical management. Hepatology. 2016;64:1121-35 pubmed publisher..Hepatology 2016;64:1121-1135). ..
- Notarpaolo A, Layese R, Magistri P, Gambato M, Colledan M, Magini G, et al. Validation of the AFP model as a predictor of HCC recurrence in patients with viral hepatitis-related cirrhosis who had received a liver transplant for HCC. J Hepatol. 2017;66:552-559 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the AFP score, which has been officially adopted by the French organization for Organ Sharing for HCC patients, can also be implemented in countries with an important burden of HCC occurring on post-hepatitic cirrhosis. ..
- Ali M, Rajapakshe D, Cao L, Devaraj S. Discordant Analytical Results Caused by Biotin Interference on Diagnostic Immunoassays in a Pediatric Hospital. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2017;47:638-640 pubmed..Prolactin was significantly affected even at low levels (Biotin 1.5 ng/mL). Thus, we recommend educating physicians about biotin interference in common immunoassays and adding an electronic disclaimer...
- Wassie E, Ademe A, Gallagher K, Braka F, Beyene B, Woyessa A, et al. Assessment of reporting sites for acute flaccid paralysis surveillance in Ethiopia: implications for planning of active case search visits. Pan Afr Med J. 2017;27:8 pubmed publisher..This study assessed the contribution of various sites as source and quality of AFP cases reported over a five -year period in Ethiopia...
- Li L, Liu C, Cao X, Tan L, Lu W. Multiplexing determination of cancer-associated biomarkers by surface-enhanced Raman scattering using ordered gold nanohoneycomb arrays. Bioanalysis. 2017;9:1561-1572 pubmed publisher..Here, a multiplex surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) based assay for simultaneous quantitation of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) and ?-fetoprotein (AFP) was developed...
- Jung J, Yoon S, Han S, Shim J, Kim K, Lim Y, et al. Alpha-fetoprotein normalization as a prognostic surrogate in small hepatocellular carcinoma after stereotactic body radiotherapy: a propensity score matching analysis. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:987 pubmed publisher..AFP normalization within three months after SBRT is a prognostic surrogate for OS and PFS in patients with small HCC. AFP monitoring should be considered a useful tool for HCC patients with an elevated AFP level before SBRT. ..
- Lu S, Ma Y, Sun T, Ren R, Zhang X, Ma W. Expression of ?-fetoprotein in gastric cancer AGS cells contributes to invasion and metastasis by influencing anoikis sensitivity. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:2984-90 pubmed publisher..The present study provides new insight for the treatment of GC and suggests AFP as a potential therapeutic target by regulating anoikis sensitivity. ..
- Gentile I, Buonomo A, Scotto R, Zappulo E, Carriero C, Piccirillo M, et al. Diagnostic Accuracy of PIVKA-II, Alpha-Fetoprotein and a Combination of both in Diagnosis of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Patients Affected by Chronic HCV Infection. In Vivo. 2017;31:695-700 pubmed..3% vs. 77.2%). The negative predictive value of PIVKA in combination with AFP was 93.2%. PIVKA II, when combined with AFP, may be considered as a screening test for HCC due to its high negative predictive value. ..
- Ren Y, Huang T, Yu H, Zhang L, He Q, Xiong Z, et al. Expression of ?-catenin protein in hepatocellular carcinoma and its relationship with alpha-fetoprotein. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2016;36:846-851 pubmed publisher..AFP can lead to increased expression of ?-catenin, which may account for the poor prognosis of AFP-associated HCC patients. ..
- Koyama K, Maeda D, Tamura D, Narita C, Kudo Asabe Y, Sato T, et al. Fetal gut-like differentiation in gallbladder cancer. Hum Pathol. 2017;70:27-34 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, fetal gut-like adenocarcinoma was found in 2% of our gallbladder cancer series. We conclude that fetal gut-like adenocarcinoma is a distinct histological subtype of gallbladder cancer, characterized by SALL4 expression. ..
- Koyama Y, Nishi S. Expression of rat alpha-fetoprotein cDNA and its mutants in cultured mouse fibroblasts and identification of glycosylation sites related to electrophoretic variants. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1994;1208:332-7 pubmed
- Iacovazzi P, Guerra V, Elba S, Sportelli F, Manghisi O, Correale M. Are 90K/MAC-2BP serum levels correlated with poor prognosis in HCC patients? Preliminary results. Int J Biol Markers. 2003;18:222-6 pubmed..Serum AFP (< or = 20 ng/mL) had positive prognostic value only when it was associated with 90K levels (p < 0.02, log-rank)...
- Nicolai N, Necchi A, Piva L, Stagni S, Catanzaro M, Biasoni D, et al. [Retroperitoneal surgery in the treatment of germ-cell tumors of the testis: retroperitoneal lymph node dissection (RPLND)]. Urologia. 2010;77:84-7 pubmed
- Siripongsakun S, Wei S, Lin S, Chen J, Raman S, Sayre J, et al. Evaluation of alpha-fetoprotein in detecting hepatocellular carcinoma recurrence after radiofrequency ablation. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014;29:157-64 pubmed publisher..2% and 56% to 100% and 85%, respectively. Serum AFP is a useful test in the detection of HCC recurrence in AFP-producing HCC. The performance in AFP-producing HCC was significantly improved after adjusting for elevation of serum ALT. ..