Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: alpha 4
Description: immunoglobulin binding protein 1
Alias: ALPHA-4, IBP1, immunoglobulin-binding protein 1, B cell signal transduction molecule alpha 4, CD79a-binding protein 1, bA351K23.1 (immunoglobulin binding protein 1 (CD79A) ), immunoglobulin (CD79A) binding protein 1, protein alpha-4, protein phosphatase 2/4/6 regulatory subunit, protein phosphatase 2A, regulatory subunit alpha-4, renal carcinoma antigen NY-REN-16
Products: alpha 4
Publications128 found, 100 shown here
- McConnell J, Watkins G, Soss S, Franz H, McCorvey L, Spiller B, et al. Alpha4 is a ubiquitin-binding protein that regulates protein serine/threonine phosphatase 2A ubiquitination. Biochemistry. 2010;49:1713-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, the polyubiquitination of PP2Ac is inhibited by the UIM within alpha4. These findings reveal direct regulation of PP2Ac polyubiquitination by a novel UIM within the adaptor protein alpha4. ..
- LeNoue Newton M, Watkins G, Zou P, Germane K, McCorvey L, Wadzinski B, et al. The E3 ubiquitin ligase- and protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A)-binding domains of the Alpha4 protein are both required for Alpha4 to inhibit PP2A degradation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:17665-71 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that both the C-terminal Mid1-binding domain and the PP2Ac-binding determinants are required for Alpha4-mediated protection of PP2Ac from polyubiquitination and degradation. ..
- Du H, Massiah M. NMR studies of the C-terminus of alpha4 reveal possible mechanism of its interaction with MID1 and protein phosphatase 2A. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28877 pubmed publisher..The structure of alpha45 reveals two distinct surfaces, one that can interact with a negatively charged surface, which is present on PP2A, and one that interacts with the Bbox1 domain of MID1. ..
- Watkins G, Wang N, Mazalouskas M, Gomez R, Guthrie C, Kraemer B, et al. Monoubiquitination promotes calpain cleavage of the protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A) regulatory subunit ?4, altering PP2A stability and microtubule-associated protein phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:24207-15 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that regulated inter-domain cleavage controls the dual functions of ?4, and dysregulation of ?4 cleavage may contribute to Opitz syndrome and Alzheimer disease. ..
- Du H, Huang Y, Zaghlula M, Walters E, Cox T, Massiah M. The MID1 E3 ligase catalyzes the polyubiquitination of Alpha4 (?4), a regulatory subunit of protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A): novel insights into MID1-mediated regulation of PP2A. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:21341-50 pubmed publisher..These novel findings identify a new role for MID1 and a mechanism of regulation of ?4 that is likely to impact the stability and activity level of PP2Ac. ..
- McDonald W, Thomas L, Koirala S, Too C. Progestin-inducible EDD E3 ubiquitin ligase binds to Î±4 phosphoprotein to regulate ubiquitination and degradation of protein phosphatase PP2Ac. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2014;382:254-261 pubmed publisher..Finally, progesterone induction of EDD in MCF-7 cells correlated with decreased PP2Ac levels, further implicating hormone-inducible EDD in PP2Ac turnover. ..
- Vavricka S, Scharl M, Gubler M, Rogler G. Biologics for extraintestinal manifestations of IBD. Curr Drug Targets. 2014;15:1064-73 pubmed..is an important treatment option for EIM in IBD patients whereas no such beneficial effect was reported for alpha 4 beta 7 integrin antibodies such as vedolizumab so far...
- Szostak J, Boue S, Talikka M, Guedj E, Martin F, Phillips B, et al. Aerosol from Tobacco Heating System 2.2 has reduced impact on mouse heart gene expression compared with cigarette smoke. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;101:157-167 pubmed publisher..organization and the contractile function of the heart, notably genes that encode beta actin (Actb), actinin alpha 4 (Actn4), and filamin C (Flnc)...
- Fu Z, Thorpe M, Hellman L. rMCP-2, the Major Rat Mucosal Mast Cell Protease, an Analysis of Its Extended Cleavage Specificity and Its Potential Role in Regulating Intestinal Permeability by the Cleavage of Cell Adhesion and Junction Proteins. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0131720 pubmed publisher..Three potential targets were identified: the loop 1 of occludin, protocadherin alpha 4 and cadherin 17, which indicated that these proteins were at least partly responsible for the previously observed ..
- Kane S, Horst S, Sandborn W, Becker B, Neis B, Moscandrew M, et al. Natalizumab for moderate to severe Crohn's disease in clinical practice: the Mayo Clinic Rochester experience. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2012;18:2203-8 pubmed publisher..No PML cases were seen and clinical response was similar to that in clinical trials. Natalizumab results in clinical benefit in patients who have active disease and have failed anti-TNF therapy. ..
- Somloova Z, Petrak O, Rosa J, Strauch B, Indra T, Zelinka T, et al. Inflammatory markers in primary aldosteronism. Physiol Res. 2016;65:229-37 pubmed..18 [28.46-41.16] vs. 45.21 [36.95-62.81] microg/l, p</=0.003). No differences in inflammatory markers were observed between the followed groups, we confirmed higher levels of PINP in patients with PA. ..
- Dupont Deshorgue A, Oudart J, Brassart B, Deslee G, Perotin J, Diebold M, et al. A competitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for quantification of tetrastatin in body fluids and tumor extracts. Anal Biochem. 2015;482:16-21 pubmed publisher..Tetrastatin, the NC1 alpha 4 collagen IV domain, was previously reported to inhibit tumor growth and angiogenesis...
- Roy A, Zhou X, Chong M, D hoedt D, Foo C, Rajagopalan N, et al. Structural and functional characterization of a novel homodimeric three-finger neurotoxin from the venom of Ophiophagus hannah (king cobra). J Biol Chem. 2010;285:8302-15 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of a dimeric short-chain alpha-neurotoxin interacting with neuronal alpha(7)-nAChRs as well as the first homodimeric three-finger toxin to interact with muscle nAChRs. ..
- Miller M, Wilson R, Lam T, Nairn A, Picciotto M. Evaluation of the Phosphoproteome of Mouse Alpha 4/Beta 2-Containing Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptors In Vitro and In Vivo. Proteomes. 2018;6: pubmed publisher..These experiments identified putative CaMKII and PKA sites on α4/β2* nAChRs and novel nicotine-induced phosphorylation sites in mouse brain that can be explored for their consequences on receptor function. ..
- Dias T, Agarwal A, Pushparaj P, Ahmad G, Sharma R. New Insights on the Mechanisms Affecting Fertility in Men with Non-Seminoma Testicular Cancer before Cancer Therapy. World J Mens Health. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Our study also associates the reduced fertilizing ability of NSTC patients with the dysregulation of important sperm molecular mechanisms. ..
- White J, Wrann C, Rao R, Nair S, Jedrychowski M, You J, et al. G protein-coupled receptor 56 regulates mechanical overload-induced muscle hypertrophy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:15756-61 pubmed publisherPeroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator 1-alpha 4 (PGC-1Î±4) is a protein isoform derived by alternative splicing of the PGC1Î± mRNA and has been shown to promote muscle hypertrophy...
- Liu M, Wang Y, Yang S, Wei H, Tuo M, Chang F, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphism array analysis uncovers a large, novel duplication in Xq13.1 in a floppy infant syndrome patient. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2019;74:56-60 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we recommend SNP array as the first option for genetic diagnosis of both large-scale and rare/complicated diseases, such as FIS. ..
- Delecluse S, Tsai M, Shumilov A, Bencun M, Arrow S, Beshirova A, et al. Epstein-Barr Virus Induces Expression of the LPAM-1 Integrin in B Cells In Vitro and In Vivo. J Virol. 2019;93: pubmed publisher..that EBV infection induces the expression of integrin beta 7 (ITGB7), an integrin that associates with integrin alpha 4 to form the LPAM-1 dimer...
- Kurz M, Becker K, Heinrichs Graham E, Wilson T. Children with cerebral palsy have uncharacteristic somatosensory cortical oscillations after stimulation of the hand mechanoreceptors. Neuroscience. 2015;305:67-75 pubmed publisher..This suggests that children with CP still have deficits in the computational aspect of somatosensory processing. ..
- Withers D, Jaensson E, Gaspal F, McConnell F, Eksteen B, Anderson G, et al. The survival of memory CD4+ T cells within the gut lamina propria requires OX40 and CD30 signals. J Immunol. 2009;183:5079-84 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data demonstrate that signals through CD30 and OX40 are required for the survival of CD4(+) T cells within the small intestine lamina propria. ..
- Kunisch E, Kinne R, Alsalameh R, Alsalameh S. Pro-inflammatory IL-1beta and/or TNF-alpha up-regulate matrix metalloproteases-1 and -3 mRNA in chondrocyte subpopulations potentially pathogenic in osteoarthritis: in situ hybridization studies on a single cell level. Int J Rheum Dis. 2016;19:557-66 pubmed publisher..These cells may undergo considerable dedifferentiation, as indicated by a decreased collagen-II/collagen-I ratio. ..
- Wu Y, Hu P, Xu H, Yuan J, Yuan L, Xiong W, et al. A novel heterozygous COL4A4 missense mutation in a Chinese family with focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:2328-2332 pubmed publisher..Timely screening for COL4A3/COL4A4 mutations in patients with familial FSGS may help both accurately diagnose and treat these patients. ..
- Pan M, Zhou Y, Wang Y, Li L, Song Y, Hou L, et al. Screening and Identification of the Host Proteins Interacting with Toxoplasma gondii Rhoptry Protein ROP16. Front Microbiol. 2017;8:2408 pubmed publisher..Dnaja1 (DnaJ heat shock protein family member A1) and Gabra4 (gamma-aminobutyric acid A receptor, subunit alpha 4) were identified to interact with ROP16 from this screen...
- Kimura A, Sakurai T, Yamada M, Koumura A, Hayashi Y, Tanaka Y, et al. Anti-endothelial cell antibodies in patients with cerebral small vessel disease. Curr Neurovasc Res. 2012;9:296-301 pubmed..Therefore, an autoimmune, inflammatory process with high levels of anti-TPM4 antibody may contribute to the development of CSVD in the elderly. ..
- Xiu X, Yuan J, Deng X, Xiao J, Xu H, Zeng Z, et al. A novel COL4A5 mutation identified in a Chinese Han family using exome sequencing. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:186048 pubmed publisher..Our discovery broadens the mutation spectrum in the COL4A5 gene associated with AS, which may also shed new light on genetic counseling for AS. ..
- Ganesan S, Nteeba J, Keating A. Impact of obesity on 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene-induced altered ovarian connexin gap junction proteins in female mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2015;282:1-8 pubmed publisherThe ovarian gap junction proteins alpha 4 (GJA4 or connexin 37; CX37), alpha 1 (GJA1 or connexin 43; CX43) and gamma 1 (GJC1 or connexin 45; CX45) are involved in cell communication and folliculogenesis...
- Ahrens S, Markett S, Breckel T, Behler O, Reuter M, Thiel C. Modulation of nicotine effects on selective attention by DRD2 and CHRNA4 gene polymorphisms. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2015;232:2323-31 pubmed publisher..Prior studies show that nicotine as well as a single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the gene coding for the alpha 4 subunit of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (CHRNA4) modulate visuospatial attention and distractor ..
- Sato T, Shiraishi T, Hiyama Y, Honda H, Shinagawa M, Usui M, et al. Contribution of Novel Amino Acid Alterations in PmrA or PmrB to Colistin Resistance in mcr-Negative Escherichia coli Clinical Isolates, Including Major Multidrug-Resistant Lineages O25b:H4-ST131-H30Rx and Non-x. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2018;62: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, some O25b:H4-ST131 strains appear to acquire colistin resistance via phosphoethanolamine modification of lipid A through amino acid changes in PmrAB, and the amino acid changes in PmrB do not influence bacterial growth. ..
- Sheasley O neill S, Brinkman C, Ferguson A, Dispenza M, Engelhard V. Dendritic cell immunization route determines integrin expression and lymphoid and nonlymphoid tissue distribution of CD8 T cells. J Immunol. 2007;178:1512-22 pubmed..Our results demonstrate the importance of lymphoid compartment, as dictated by immunization route, in determining integrin expression on activated T cells and their distribution in lymphoid and nonlymphoid tissues. ..
- Hanauer S. Positioning biologic agents in the treatment of Crohn's disease. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2009;15:1570-82 pubmed publisher..Future studies are still needed to best identify predictors of response to individual agents with differing mechanisms of action, as well as to optimize the risk-benefit of long-term maintenance therapy. ..
- Schneider K, Schote A, Meyer J, Markett S, Reuter M, Frings C. Individual response speed is modulated by variants of the gene encoding the alpha 4 sub-unit of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (CHRNA4). Behav Brain Res. 2015;284:11-8 pubmed publisher..This effect might possibly be produced by the neuromodulator system rather than the deterministic system of cortical ACh. ..
- Ogletree M, Allen G. Interspecies differences in thromboxane receptors: studies with thromboxane receptor antagonists in rat and guinea pig smooth muscles. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1992;260:789-94 pubmed..1 to 30 nm.(abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Hui T, SÃ¸rensen E, Rittling S. Osteopontin binding to the alpha 4 integrin requires highest affinity integrin conformation, but is independent of post-translational modifications of osteopontin. Matrix Biol. 2015;41:19-25 pubmed publisher..Together, the results suggest OPN has very low affinity for the Î±4 integrin on human leukocytes under physiological conditions. ..
- Nowakowski A, Andrzejewska A, Boltze J, Nitzsche F, Cui L, Jolkkonen J, et al. Translation, but not transfection limits clinically relevant, exogenous mRNA based induction of alpha-4 integrin expression on human mesenchymal stem cells. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1103 pubmed publisher..To conclude, mRNA-based engineering of stem cells is a rapid and integration-free method and attractive from the perspective of potential future clinical application. ..
- Schaeffer J, Tannahill D, Cioni J, Rowlands D, Keynes R. Identification of the extracellular matrix protein Fibulin-2 as a regulator of spinal nerve organization. Dev Biol. 2018;442:101-114 pubmed publisher..g. Tenascin-C, Laminin alpha 4) or posterior (e.g. Fibulin-2, Fibromodulin, Collagen VI alpha 2) half-sclerotomes...
- Helmy A, Carpenter K, Skepper J, Kirkpatrick P, Pickard J, Hutchinson P. Microdialysis of cytokines: methodological considerations, scanning electron microscopy, and determination of relative recovery. J Neurotrauma. 2009;26:549-61 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to systematically determine relative recovery in vitro for a wide range of cytokines. The two forms of perfusion fluid require direct comparison in vivo. ..
- Flores Ramos M, Ibarra Velarde F, HernÃ¡ndez Campos A, Vera Montenegro Y, Jung Cook H, CantÃ³ AlarcÃ³n G, et al. A highly water soluble benzimidazole derivative useful for the treatment of fasciolosis. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2014;24:5814-5817 pubmed publisher..hepatica metacercariae. At an intramuscular dose of 4 mg/kg, the activity of (7) was similar to that of compound alpha (4) at an oral dose of 15 mg/kg. ..
- McDermott J, SÃ¡nchez G, Nangia A, Blanco G. Role of human Na,K-ATPase alpha 4 in sperm function, derived from studies in transgenic mice. Mol Reprod Dev. 2015;82:167-81 pubmed publisherMost of our knowledge on the biological role of the testis-specific Na,K-ATPase alpha 4 isoform derives from studies performed in non-human species...
- Doubova S, Aguirre Hernández R, GutiÃ©rrez de la Barrera M, Infante CastaÃ±eda C, PÃ©rez Cuevas R. Supportive care needs of Mexican adult cancer patients: validation of the Mexican version of the Short-Form Supportive Care Needs Questionnaire (SCNS-SFM). Support Care Cancer. 2015;23:2711-9 pubmed publisher..Intraclass correlation coefficient between SCNS-SFM measurements was 0.9. SCNS-SFM has acceptable psychometric properties and is suitable to evaluate supportive care needs of cancer patients. ..
- Ferguson G, Van Handel B, Bay M, Fiziev P, Org T, Lee S, et al. Mapping molecular landmarks of human skeletal ontogeny and pluripotent stem cell-derived articular chondrocytes. Nat Commun. 2018;9:3634 pubmed publisher..analysis of freshly isolated and pluripotent stem cell-derived articular chondrocytes identified that integrin alpha 4 defines 2 subsets of functionally and molecularly distinct chondrocytes characterized by their gene expression, ..
- Kumar A, Shukla S, Chauhan A, Singh D, Pandey H, Singh C. The manganese-salen compound EUK-134 and N-acetyl cysteine rescue from zinc- and paraquat-induced toxicity in rat polymorphonuclear leukocytes. Chem Biol Interact. 2015;231:18-26 pubmed publisher..of myeloperoxidase (MPO), superoxide dismutase (SOD), glutathione peroxidase (GPx) and glutathione S-transferase alpha 4-4 (GSTA4-4), a pronounced decrease in reduced glutathione (GSH) and glutathione reductase (GR) activity was also ..
- Sharma K, Ballham S, Inglis K, Renowden S, Cottrell D. Does natalizumab treatment increase the risk of herpes simplex encephalitis in multiple sclerosis? Case and discussion. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2013;2:385-7 pubmed publisher..CSF PCR later confirmed herpes simplex virus. The patient made an eventual excellent recovery following 21 days of intravenous acyclovir therapy followed by 14 days of oral treatment. ..
- Lee J, Clarke K. Anti-TNF agents in patients with inflammatory bowel disease and malignant melanoma--challenges in management. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2015;30:1595-602 pubmed publisher..These include steroids, thiopurines, methotrexate, anti-tumor necrosis factor (anti-TNF) alpha agents, anti-alpha 4 integrins, and anti-IL-12/23 agent to name a few...
- Kondo N, Sakurai Y, Hirota Y, Tanaka H, Watanabe T, Nakagawa Y, et al. DNA damage induced by boron neutron capture therapy is partially repaired by DNA ligase IV. Radiat Environ Biophys. 2016;55:89-94 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that BNCT-induced DNA damage is partially repaired using DNA ligase IV. ..
- Vogel S, Bijlenga D, Verduijn J, Bron T, Beekman A, Kooij J, et al. Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder symptoms and stress-related biomarkers. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2017;79:31-39 pubmed publisher..Consequently, ADHD symptoms did not confer an added risk to the disturbances of stress-related mechanisms in an - already at-risk - population with affective disorders. ..
- Giorgi A, Tempera I, Napoletani G, Drovandi D, Potestà C, Martire S, et al. Poly(ADP-ribosylated) proteins in mononuclear cells from patients with type 2 diabetes identified by proteomic studies. Acta Diabetol. 2017;54:833-842 pubmed publisher..These data along with the proteomic profile associated with the disease may provide new insight into the pathophysiology of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Cox C, Shi G, Yin H, Vistica B, Wawrousek E, Chan C, et al. Both Th1 and Th17 are immunopathogenic but differ in other key biological activities. J Immunol. 2008;180:7414-22 pubmed..These data reveal that Th1 and Th17 cells differ in several key biological activities influencing migration and pathogenic behavior during inflammatory disease. ..
- Li Y, Wang J, Zhang G. Presynaptic NR2B-containing NMDA autoreceptors mediate gluta-matergic synaptic transmission in the rat visual cortex. Curr Neurovasc Res. 2009;6:104-9 pubmed..Moreover, these findings may be clinically relevant to schizophrenia, where enhancing NMDA-R function is considered to be a promising strategy for treatment of the disease. ..
- Doubova S, Aguirre Hernández R, Infante CastaÃ±eda C, Martinez Vega I, PÃ©rez Cuevas R. Needs of caregivers of cancer patients: validation of the Mexican version of the Support Person Unmet Needs Survey (SPUNS-SFM). Support Care Cancer. 2015;23:2925-35 pubmed publisher..Intraclass correlation coefficient between SPUNS-SFM measurements was 0.78. SPUNS-SFM is a valid and reliable tool to identify needs of caregivers of cancer patients. ..
- Lim S, Jang H, Lee J, Shin J, Park S, Yoon B, et al. Alteration of Pituitary Tumor Transforming Gene-1 Regulates Trophoblast Invasion via the Integrin/Rho-Family Signaling Pathway. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0149371 pubmed publisher..05). Furthermore, knockdown of PTTG1 increased expression of integrin alpha 4 (ITGA4), ITGA5, and integrin beta 1 (ITGB1); otherwise, RhoA expression was significantly decreased (p < 0.05)...
- Wragg J, Finnity J, Anderson J, Ferguson H, Porfiri E, Bhatt R, et al. MCAM and LAMA4 Are Highly Enriched in Tumor Blood Vessels of Renal Cell Carcinoma and Predict Patient Outcome. Cancer Res. 2016;76:2314-26 pubmed publisher..vessels, of which melanoma cell adhesion molecule (MCAM) and its extracellular matrix interaction partner laminin alpha 4 (LAMA4) emerged as the most consistently expressed genes...
- Wang G, Zhang L, Wang H, Cui M, Liu W, Liu Y, et al. Demethylation of GFRA4 Promotes Cell Proliferation and Invasion in Hirschsprung Disease. DNA Cell Biol. 2018;37:316-324 pubmed publisher..Glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor alpha 4 (GFRA4) is expressed in the derivatives of the neural crest in the enteric nervous system, but whether it is ..
- Eggert M, Winterer G, Wanischeck M, Hoda J, Bertrand D, Steinlein O. The nicotinic acetylcholine receptor alpha 4 subunit contains a functionally relevant SNP Haplotype. BMC Genet. 2015;16:46 pubmed publisherNon-coding single nucleotide polymorphisms within the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor alpha 4 subunit gene (CHRNA4) are robustly associated with various neurological and behavioral phenotypes including schizophrenia, cognition and ..
- Gao Y, Li G, Sun L, He Y, Li X, Sun Z, et al. ACTN4 and the pathways associated with cell motility and adhesion contribute to the process of lung cancer metastasis to the brain. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:277 pubmed publisher..The expression of ACTN4 (actinin, alpha 4), a cytoskeleton protein gene essential for cytoskeleton organization and cell motility, was significantly ..
- Glatigny S, Duhen R, Arbelaez C, Kumari S, Bettelli E. Integrin alpha L controls the homing of regulatory T cells during CNS autoimmunity in the absence of integrin alpha 4. Sci Rep. 2015;5:7834 pubmed publisher..Regulatory T cells (Treg) can control effector T cells and limit the progression of CNS autoimmunity. Integrin alpha 4 (Itga4) is critical for the entry of Th1 but not Th17 cells into the CNS during EAE...
- Holgate J, Tarren J, Bartlett S. Sex Specific Alterations in Î±4*Nicotinic Receptor Expression in the Nucleus Accumbens. Brain Sci. 2018;8: pubmed publisher..While varenicline attenuated acute stress-induced rises in corticosterone levels, future studies are required to determine whether varenicline is effective for relieving the effects of stress. ..
- Yang Z, Zhang B, Wei J, Jiang G, Wu Y, Leng B, et al. MiR-539 inhibits proliferation and migration of triple-negative breast cancer cells by down-regulating LAMA4 expression. Cancer Cell Int. 2018;18:16 pubmed publisherRecent studies have shown that laminin subunit alpha 4 (LAMA4) plays an important role in carcinogenesis. However, its molecular biological function in triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC) has not been entirely clarified...
- Wang Z, Kwon M, Mohanty S, Schmitt L, White S, Christou E, et al. Increased Force Variability Is Associated with Altered Modulation of the Motorneuron Pool Activity in Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that alterations of central mechanisms that control motorneuron pool firing may underlie the common and often impairing symptoms of ASD. ..
- Truong J, Deschenes G, Callard P, Antignac C, Niel O. Macroscopic hematuria with normal renal biopsy-following the chain to the diagnosis: Questions. Pediatr Nephrol. 2017;32:277-278 pubmed publisher..This will ensure that AS patients benefit from an early diagnosis, adequate treatment, and that end-stage renal disease (ESRD) onset is delayed. ..
- Yang Y, Huycke M, Herman T, Wang X. Glutathione S-transferase alpha 4 induction by activator protein 1 in colorectal cancer. Oncogene. 2016;35:5795-5806 pubmed publisherGlutathione S-transferase alpha 4 (GSTA4) is a phase II detoxifying enzyme that metabolizes electrophiles and carcinogens including 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal (4-HNE), an endogenous carcinogen that contributes to colorectal carcinogenesis...
- Harrer A, Pilz G, Oppermann K, Sageder M, Afazel S, Haschke Becher E, et al. From natalizumab to fingolimod in eight weeks - Immunological, clinical, and radiological data in quest of the optimal switch. Clin Immunol. 2017;176:87-93 pubmed publisher..None of the investigated parameters thus had potential as prognostic biomarker for the outcome of the switch. Our findings rather support the thesis of broad interindividual differences in the immunopathogenesis of MS. ..
- Qian J, Jing J, Jin G, Wang H, Liu H, Wang H, et al. Association between polymorphisms in the GSTA4 gene and risk of lung cancer: a case-control study in a Southeastern Chinese population. Mol Carcinog. 2009;48:253-259 pubmed publisherGST Alpha 4 (GSTA4) has an important role in the protection against oxidative stress induced by carcinogens such as tobacco smoke. However, few studies investigated the association between GSTA4 polymorphisms and lung cancer risk...
- Noro R, Ishigame T, Walsh N, Shiraishi K, Robles A, Ryan B, et al. A Two-Gene Prognostic Classifier for Early-Stage Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma in Multiple Large-Scale and Geographically Diverse Cohorts. J Thorac Oncol. 2017;12:65-76 pubmed publisher..Dual specificity phosphatase 6 gene (DUSP6) and actinin alpha 4 gene (ACTN4) were associated with prognostic outcome in two independent patient cohorts...
- Chakravarthy M, Aung Htut M, Le B, Veedu R. Novel Chemically-modified DNAzyme targeting Integrin alpha-4 RNA transcript as a potential molecule to reduce inflammation in multiple sclerosis. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1613 pubmed publisher..Our results show that RNV143A could be a potential therapeutic nucleic acid drug molecule towards the treatment for MS. ..
- Lee S, Song E, Hwangbo Y, Lee S, Park C. Change of uterine histroph proteins during follicular and luteal phase in pigs. Anim Reprod Sci. 2016;168:26-33 pubmed publisher..Protein expression of vascular endothelial growth factor D (VEGFD), coatomer subunit gamma-2 (G2COP), collagen alpha 4 chain (COL4), cysteine rich protein 2 (CRP2), myoglobin (MYG), and galactoside 3-L-fucosyltransferase 4 (FUT4) ..
- Baczynska D, Michalowska D, Barć P, Skora J, Karczewski M, Sadakierska Chudy A. The expression profile of angiogenic genes in critical limb ischemia popliteal arteries. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2016;67:353-62 pubmed..up-regulated genes in CLI group: matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9), VE-cadherin (CDH5) and integrin alpha 4 (ITGA4)...
- Shi L, Zhang W, Zou F, Mei L, Wu G, Teng Y. KLHL21, a novel gene that contributes to the progression of hepatocellular carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:815 pubmed..Our findings also provide novel candidate genes on a genome-wide scale, which may have significant impact on the design and execution of effective therapy of HCC patients. ..
- Liu S, Song L, Xiong L, Wang K, Shen H, Zhong M. [Analysis of copy number variations in alpha-globin gene in the cases with combined increased levels of HbF with Î² thalassemia]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2015;32:515-9 pubmed publisher..7 deletion heterozygote of the Î±-globin gene, 1 case of alpha 4.2 deletion homozygote of the Î±-globin gene, 1 case of deletion homozygote in the like Î±-globin gene...
- Guruvaiah P, Govatati S, Reddy T, Beeram H, Deenadayal M, Shivaji S, et al. Analysis of Connexin37 gene C1019T polymorphism and PCOS susceptibility in South Indian population: case-control study. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2016;196:17-20 pubmed publisher..The main aim of this study was to investigate the association of Connexin37 (Cx37)/Gap junction alpha 4 (GJA4) gene C1019T single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) with the susceptibility to polycystic ovarian syndrome (..
- Jamwal M, Aggarwal A, Kumar V, Sharma P, Sachdeva M, Bansal D, et al. Disease-modifying influences of coexistent G6PD-deficiency, Gilbert syndrome and deletional alpha thalassemia in hereditary spherocytosis: A report of three cases. Clin Chim Acta. 2016;458:51-4 pubmed publisher..One patient (15y male) also carried the single gene alpha 4.2 deletion and was less symptomatic...
- Ohnishi S, Mizutani H, Kawanishi S. The enhancement of oxidative DNA damage by anti-diabetic metformin, buformin, and phenformin, via nitrogen-centered radicals. Free Radic Res. 2016;50:929-37 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that biguanides enhance Cu(II)/H2O2-mediated 8-oxodG generation via nitrogen-centered radical formation. The enhancing effect on oxidative DNA damage may play a role on anti-cancer activity. ..
- Qin X, Zhang W, Zou L, Huang P, Sun B. Identification potential biomarkers in pulmonary tuberculosis and latent infection based on bioinformatics analysis. BMC Infect Dis. 2016;16:500 pubmed..monooxygenase, calponin LIM domain containing 1 (MICAL1) and up-regulated genes ATPase, Na+/K+ transporting, alpha 4 polypeptide (ATP1A4), histone cluster 1, H3c (HIST1H3C), histone cluster 2, H3d (HIST2H3D), histone cluster 1, ..
- Jewett M, Jimenez Ferrer I, Swanberg M. Astrocytic Expression of GSTA4 Is Associated to Dopaminergic Neuroprotection in a Rat 6-OHDA Model of Parkinson's Disease. Brain Sci. 2017;7: pubmed publisher..The Ventral root avulsion 1 (Vra1) locus on rat chromosome 8 includes the Glutathione S-transferase alpha 4 (Gsta4) gene and has been identified in crosses between Dark Agouti (DA) and Piebald Virol Glaxo (PVG) rat ..
- Herweg N, Apitz T, Leicht G, Mulert C, Fuentemilla L, Bunzeck N. Theta-Alpha Oscillations Bind the Hippocampus, Prefrontal Cortex, and Striatum during Recollection: Evidence from Simultaneous EEG-fMRI. J Neurosci. 2016;36:3579-87 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the current study closes an apparent gap in our understanding of the network dynamics of memory retrieval. ..
- Manousopoulou A, Koutmani Y, Karaliota S, Woelk C, Manolakos E, Karalis K, et al. Hypothalamus proteomics from mouse models with obesity and anorexia reveals therapeutic targets of appetite regulation. Nutr Diabetes. 2016;6:e204 pubmed publisher..The GlyR protein may constitute a novel treatment target for the reduction of central orexigenic signals in obesity. ..
- Sato T, Shiba Ishii A, Kim Y, Dai T, Husni R, Hong J, et al. miR-3941: A novel microRNA that controls IGBP1 expression and is associated with malignant progression of lung adenocarcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:536-542 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that suppression of miR-3941 has an important role in the progression of lung adenocarcinoma at an early stage. ..
- Candido K, Soufi H, Bandyopadhyay M, Dasgupta S. Therapeutic Impact of Sphingosine 1-phosphate Receptor Signaling in Multiple Sclerosis. Mini Rev Med Chem. 2016;16:547-54 pubmed..In the review, we provided an insight on S1PR mode of action in the aspect of treatment of autoimmune disorder, re-myelination and regeneration of axons in damaged central nervous system in multiple sclerosis. ..
- Truong J, Deschenes G, Callard P, Antignac C, Niel O. Macroscopic hematuria with normal renal biopsy-following the chain to the diagnosis: Answers. Pediatr Nephrol. 2017;32:279-281 pubmed publisher..This will ensure that AS patients benefit from an early diagnosis, adequate treatment, and that end-stage renal disease (ESRD) onset is delayed. ..
- Boerma M, Singh P, Sridharan V, Tripathi P, Sharma S, Singh S. Effects of Local Heart Irradiation in a Glutathione S-Transferase Alpha 4-Null Mouse Model. Radiat Res. 2015;183:610-9 pubmedGlutathione S-transferase alpha 4 (GSTA4-4) is one of the enzymes responsible for the removal of 4-hydroxynonenal (4-HNE), an electrophilic product of lipid peroxidation in cellular membranes during oxidative stress...
- Deng S, Xu H, Yuan J, Xiao J, Yuan L, Deng X, et al. Identification of a novel collagen type IV alpha-4 (COL4A4) mutation in a Chinese family with autosomal dominant Alport syndrome using exome sequencing. Indian J Med Res. 2016;144:200-205 pubmed publisher..Gly1072GlufsFNx0169) in the COL4A4 gene, was identified in the Chinese pedigree with autosomal dominant AS. Our findings may provide new insights into the cause and diagnosis of AS and also have implications for genetic counselling. ..
- Marinova Z, Maercker A, Grunblatt E, Wojdacz T, Walitza S. A pilot investigation on DNA methylation modifications associated with complex posttraumatic symptoms in elderly traumatized in childhood. BMC Res Notes. 2017;10:752 pubmed publisher..mapped to the genes huntington associated protein 1 (HAP1), RAN binding protein 2 (RANBP2) and proteasome subunit alpha 4 (PSMA4), respectively...
- Meguro A, Ideta H, Ota M, Ito N, Ideta R, Yonemoto J, et al. Common variants in the COL4A4 gene confer susceptibility to lattice degeneration of the retina. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39300 pubmed publisher..and 294 controls) led to the identification of one microsatellite locus, D2S0276i, in the collagen type IV alpha 4 (COL4A4) gene on chromosome 2q36.3...
- Hadizadeh M, Mohaddes Ardebili S, Salehi M, Young C, Mokarian F, McClellan J, et al. GJA4/Connexin 37 Mutations Correlate with Secondary Lymphedema Following Surgery in Breast Cancer Patients. Biomedicines. 2018;6: pubmed publisher..and tested for reference single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the GJA4 gene (gap junction protein alpha 4 gene)...
- Stefansson B, Brautigan D. Protein phosphatase 6 subunit with conserved Sit4-associated protein domain targets IkappaBepsilon. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:22624-34 pubmed..The results show SAPS domain subunits recruit substrates such as IkappaBepsilon as one way to determine specific functions for PP6. ..
- Prickett T, Brautigan D. Cytokine activation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase and apoptosis is opposed by alpha-4 targeting of protein phosphatase 2A for site-specific dephosphorylation of MEK3. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4217-27 pubmed..The results show that alpha-4 targets PP2A activity to MEK3 to suppress p38 MAPK activation by cytokines, thereby inhibiting apoptosis and anoikis. ..
- Stefansson B, Ohama T, Daugherty A, Brautigan D. Protein phosphatase 6 regulatory subunits composed of ankyrin repeat domains. Biochemistry. 2008;47:1442-51 pubmed publisher..We propose that the SAPS and ankyrin repeat regulatory subunits determine the function and specificity of PP6. ..
- Chen G, Tisayakorn S, Jorgensen C, D Ambrosio L, Goudreault M, Gingras A. PP4R4/KIAA1622 forms a novel stable cytosolic complex with phosphoprotein phosphatase 4. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:29273-84 pubmed publisher..PP4R3, and alpha4, and that the regulatory subunits of PP4c have evolved different modes of interaction with the catalytic subunit. ..