Genomes and Genes
alpha 2 macroglobulin
Gene Symbol: alpha 2 macroglobulin
Alias: A2MD, CPAMD5, FWP007, S863-7, alpha-2-macroglobulin, C3 and PZP-like alpha-2-macroglobulin domain-containing protein 5, alpha-2-M
Products: alpha 2 macroglobulin
Publications193 found, 100 shown here
- Bhattacharya S, Zhou Z, Yee M, Chu C, Lopez A, Lunger V, et al. The genome-wide transcriptional response to neonatal hyperoxia identifies Ahr as a key regulator. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2014;307:L516-23 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a global assessment of gene regulation in the acute neonatal hyperoxia model of BPD-like pathology has identified Ahr as one driver of gene dysregulation. ..
- Haines J, Schnetz Boutaud N, Schmidt S, Scott W, Agarwal A, Postel E, et al. Functional candidate genes in age-related macular degeneration: significant association with VEGF, VLDLR, and LRP6. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:329-35 pubmed..02) datasets. VLDLR showed evidence of association in both the family based (P = 0.03) and case-control (P = 0.01) datasets. These data suggest that LRP6, VEGF, and VLDLR may play a role in the risk of developing AMD. ..
- MichaÅ‚owska Wender G, Wawrzynek A, Rossa G, Kozubski W, Wender M. On the lack of a clear-cut association between alpha-2-macroglobulin deletion and the risk of Alzheimer disease in Poland. Folia Neuropathol. 2014;52:417-20 pubmed..The deletions were found more frequently in AD; however, they were found in only a small proportion of studied patients. These findings indicate that A2M is not the only biological candidate gene for AD determination. ..
- Falkenberg C, Enghild J, Thøgersen I, Salvesen G, Akerstrom B. Isolation and characterization of fibronectin-alpha 1-microglobulin complex in rat plasma. Biochem J. 1994;301 ( Pt 3):745-51 pubmed..The existence of a complex between alpha 1-m and fibronectin in rats and humans suggests a mechanism for the incorporation of the immunoregulatory molecule alpha 1-m into the extracellular matrix. ..
- Schellenberg G, D Souza I, Poorkaj P. The genetics of Alzheimer's disease. Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2000;2:158-64 pubmed..Identification of additional late-onset genes will require larger samples, more sophisticated analysis methods, and large-scale positional cloning efforts. ..
- Chen D, Zhang J, Zhang Z, Wu Y, Qu Q. Association of alpha 2-macroglobulin polymorphisms and Alzheimer disease in Mainland Han Chinese. J Neurol Sci. 2004;217:13-5 pubmed..99, 95% CI: 1.33-6.71, p=0.007). These results indicated that A2M-D allele was probably a weak AD protective factor, and there was a possible interaction of APOE-epsilon 4 and A2M-G alleles to increase AD risk in Mainland Han Chinese. ..
- Arandjelovic S, Van Sant C, Gonias S. Limited mutations in full-length tetrameric human alpha2-macroglobulin abrogate binding of platelet-derived growth factor-BB and transforming growth factor-beta1. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:17061-8 pubmed..The exact sequences required for binding different growth factors may be non-identical, mimicking the model of the bait region in which different proteases target adjacent and sometimes overlapping sequences. ..
- Yerbury J, Wilson M. Extracellular chaperones modulate the effects of Alzheimer's patient cerebrospinal fluid on Abeta(1-42) toxicity and uptake. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2010;15:115-21 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that extracellular chaperones are an important element of a system of extracellular protein folding quality control that protects against Abeta toxicity and accumulation. ..
- Ghelani A, Samanta A, Jones A, Mastana S. Association analysis of TNFR2, VDR, A2M, GSTT1, GSTM1, and ACE genes with rheumatoid arthritis in South Asians and Caucasians of East Midlands in the United Kingdom. Rheumatol Int. 2011;31:1355-61 pubmed publisher..002) genotypes were associated with RA. In the majority of cases, recessive and multiplicative modes of inheritance explained the observed associations. This study demonstrates that ethnicity affects the genetic associations in RA. ..
- Zhang F, Wen Y, Guo X, Zhang Y, Wang S, Yang T, et al. Genome-wide pathway-based association study implicates complement system in the development of Kashin-Beck disease in Han Chinese. Bone. 2015;71:36-41 pubmed publisher..038). Our study is the first to suggest that complement system-related CACC pathway contributed to the development of KBD. ..
- Loomba R, Jain A, Diehl A, Guy C, Portenier D, Sudan R, et al. Validation of Serum Test for Advanced Liver Fibrosis in Patients with Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018;: pubmed publisher..86, based on levels of serum biomarkers. We validated the findings in two separate sets of patients with biopsy-proven NAFLD. The algorithm can be used non-invasively to determine risk of advanced fibrosis in patients with NAFLD. ..
- Gauthier F, Genell S, Mouray H, Ohlsson K. The in vitro interactions of rat pancreatic elastase and normal and inflammatory ray serum. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1978;526:218-26 pubmed..The 60% value of alpha 1-M bound radioactivity in normal serum corresponds to the sum of alpha 1-M and alpha 2-AP labelling in inflammatory serum. ..
- Wei P, Zhao Y, Zhuang L, Ruben S, Sang Q. Expression and enzymatic activity of human disintegrin and metalloproteinase ADAM19/meltrin beta. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;280:744-55 pubmed..It did not cleave the MMP substrates tested, e.g., type I collagen and gelatin, casein, and four peptide substrates. Thus, hADAM19 is an active metalloproteinase and may have a specific substrate profile. ..
- Lindner I, Hemdan N, Buchold M, Huse K, Bigl M, Oerlecke I, et al. Alpha2-macroglobulin inhibits the malignant properties of astrocytoma cells by impeding beta-catenin signaling. Cancer Res. 2010;70:277-87 pubmed publisher..Notably, LRP1 antibodies could phenocopy the effects of A2M*. Our findings suggest a pathway of tumor suppression in astrocytoma that might be tractable to therapeutic exploitation...
- Kanoh Y, Ohtani H, Egawa S, Baba S, Akahoshi T. Clinicopathological characteristics of androgen-dependent advanced prostate cancer patients with α2-macroglobulin deficiency. Int J Oncol. 2012;41:39-45 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that α2M deficiency develops from catabolism of α2M in androgen-dependent advanced PCa patients, and serum α2M level may be an indicator of PCa disease progression in addition to PSA level. ..
- Misra U, Pizzo S. Activated ?2-macroglobulin binding to cell surface GRP78 induces T-loop phosphorylation of Akt1 by PDK1 in association with Raptor. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e88373 pubmed publisher..We thus demonstrate that phosphorylating the T-loop Akt residue Thr(308) by PDK1 requires Raptor of the mTORC1 complex as a platform or scaffold protein. ..
- Wong S, Dessen A. Structure of a bacterial Î±2-macroglobulin reveals mimicry of eukaryotic innate immunity. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4917 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that bacteria have developed a rudimentary innate immune system whose mechanism mimics that of eukaryotes. ..
- RodrÃguez Calvo R, FerrÃ¡n B, Alonso J, MartÃ PÃ mies I, AguilÃ³ S, Calvayrac O, et al. NR4A receptors up-regulate the antiproteinase alpha-2 macroglobulin (A2M) and modulate MMP-2 and MMP-9 in vascular smooth muscle cells. Thromb Haemost. 2015;113:1323-34 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the pan-proteinase inhibitor A2M is expressed in the vasculature and that NR4A receptors modulate VSMC MMP activity by several mechanisms including the up-regulation of A2M. ..
- Feng J, Lu Y, Li J, Qi Y, Yi M, Ma D. Upregulation of salivary Î±2 macroglobulin in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:2268-74 pubmed publisher..12, P = 0.199). The expression of salivary Î±2-MG showed a remarkable increase in T2DM patients, which may be associated with functional disorders of the salivary gland. ..
- Qian J, Ren C, Xia J, Chen T, Yu Z, Hu C. Discovery, structural characterization and functional analysis of alpha-2-macroglobulin, a novel immune-related molecule from Holothuria atra. Gene. 2016;585:205-15 pubmed publisher..8-fold) in the coelomic fluids of H. atra infected by V. alginolyticus. Our study, as a whole, supplied the evidences for HaA2M as an immune-relevant molecule and it might have multiple functions in the innate immune system of H. atra. ..
- Tvarijonaviciute A, Ceron J, de Torre C, Ljubić B, Holden S, Queau Y, et al. Obese dogs with and without obesity-related metabolic dysfunction - a proteomic approach. BMC Vet Res. 2016;12:211 pubmed publisher..The clinical significance of these changes remains to be defined. ..
- Varma V, Varma S, An Y, Hohman T, Seddighi S, Casanova R, et al. Alpha-2 macroglobulin in Alzheimer's disease: a marker of neuronal injury through the RCAN1 pathway. Mol Psychiatry. 2017;22:13-23 pubmed publisher..Collectively these novel findings suggest that A2M is associated with preclinical AD, reflects early neuronal injury in the disease course and may be responsive to tau phosphorylation in the brain through the RCAN1-calcineurin pathway. ..
- Mörsky P. Detection of lysozyme and alpha 2-macroglobulin--lysozyme complexes by immunoblotting. Clin Chim Acta. 1988;178:327-36 pubmed..Neither did lysozyme bind to urinary proteins in five samples from patients with myeloic leukemias nor in 10 samples from myeloma patients with urinary excretion of a monoclonal immunoglobulin light chain...
- Virca G, Salvesen G, Travis J. Human neutrophil elastase and cathepsin G cleavage sites in the bait region of alpha 2-macroglobulin. Proposed structural limits of the bait region. Hoppe Seylers Z Physiol Chem. 1983;364:1297-302 pubmed..It is suggested that this area represents the outer limits of the "bait region" loop. ..
- Falkenberg C, Allhorn M, Thøgersen I, Valnickova Z, Pizzo S, Salvesen G, et al. alpha 1-Microglobulin destroys the proteinase inhibitory activity of alpha 1-inhibitor-3 by complex formation. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:4478-83 pubmed
- Valnickova Z, Thogersen I, Christensen S, Chu C, Pizzo S, Enghild J. Activated human plasma carboxypeptidase B is retained in the blood by binding to alpha2-macroglobulin and pregnancy zone protein. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:12937-43 pubmed..The specific binding of plasma CPB to alpha-macroglobulins suggest that these proteins may function as a "shuttle" in vivo to modulate the clearance of plasma CPB from the circulatory system. ..
- Camelo D, Arboleda G, Yunis J, Pardo R, Arango G, Solano E, et al. Angiotensin-converting enzyme and alpha-2-macroglobulin gene polymorphisms are not associated with Alzheimer's disease in Colombian patients. J Neurol Sci. 2004;218:47-51 pubmed
- Depboylu C, Lohmüller F, Du Y, Riemenschneider M, Kurz A, Gasser T, et al. Alpha2-macroglobulin, lipoprotein receptor-related protein and lipoprotein receptor-associated protein and the genetic risk for developing Alzheimer's disease. Neurosci Lett. 2006;400:187-90 pubmed..Although LRP as well as RAP seem to play an essential role in the metabolism of alpha2M and APOE, there is no increase in the genetic risk for AD in patients carrying the investigated polymorphisms. ..
- Barcelona P, Saragovi H. A Pro-Nerve Growth Factor (proNGF) and NGF Binding Protein, Î±2-Macroglobulin, Differentially Regulates p75 and TrkA Receptors and Is Relevant to Neurodegeneration Ex Vivo and In Vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:3396-408 pubmed publisher..These three mechanisms are operative in vivo, and Î±2M causes neurodegeneration in a p75(NTR)- and proNGF-dependent manner. Î±2M could be exploited as a therapeutic target, or as a modifier of neurotrophin signals. ..
- Hou L, Xiu Y, Wang J, Liu X, Liu Y, Gu W, et al. iTRAQ-based quantitative proteomic analysis of Macrobrachium rosenbergii hemocytes during Spiroplasma eriocheiris infection. J Proteomics. 2016;136:112-22 pubmed publisher..rosenbergii using an infection model. The results reported here can provide a significant step forward toward a more complete elucidation of the immune relationship between M. rosenbergii and the pathogen S. eriocheiris. ..
- Liu R, Wu W, Chen L, Chen H, Zhang S. Transcriptional expression profiles of the main proteinases and their regulators in coronary artery ectasia patients' mononuclear cells. Acta Cardiol. 2016;71:157-63 pubmed publisher..PBMCs might participate in the pathological process of CAE by the increased expression of MMP1, MMP9, IL1A, IFN? and GDF15. ..
- Li J, Liu X, Xiang Y, Ding X, Wang T, Liu Y, et al. Alpha-2-macroglobulin and heparin cofactor II and the vulnerability of carotid atherosclerotic plaques: An iTRAQ-based analysis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;483:964-971 pubmed publisher..These findings provide potential new targets for the research of carotid plaque vulnerability. Plasma ?2M and HCII may be potential biomarkers for evaluation of the vulnerability of carotid plaques if further studied. ..
- Murata A, Ogawa M, Fujimoto K, Kitahara T, Matsuda Y, Kosaki G. Radioimmunoassay of human pancreatic elastase 1. In vitro interaction of human pancreatic elastase 1 with serum protease inhibitors. Enzyme. 1983;30:29-37 pubmed..Its concentration was significantly increased in patients with acute pancreatitis, and although its concentration varied widely in patients with pancreatic cancer, its average concentration in these patients was significantly elevated. ..
- Arai Y, Hosoda F, Kobayashi H, Arai K, Hayashi Y, Kamada N, et al. The inv(11)(p15q22) chromosome translocation of de novo and therapy-related myeloid malignancies results in fusion of the nucleoporin gene, NUP98, with the putative RNA helicase gene, DDX10. Blood. 1997;89:3936-44 pubmed..The predicted NUP98-DDX10 fusion protein may promote leukemogenesis through aberrant nucleoplasmic transport of mRNA or alterations in ribosome assembly. ..
- Dolmer K, Huang W, Gettins P. NMR solution structure of complement-like repeat CR3 from the low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein. Evidence for specific binding to the receptor binding domain of human alpha(2)-macroglobulin. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:3264-9 pubmed..This specific interaction is consistent with a mode of LRP binding to ligands that uses contributions from more than one domain to generate a wide array of different binding sites, each with overall high affinity. ..
- Janka Z, Juhász A, Rimanóczy A, Boda K, Marki Zay J, Palotás M, et al. Alpha2-macroglobulin exon 24 (Val-1000-Ile) polymorphism is not associated with late-onset sporadic Alzheimer's dementia in the Hungarian population. Psychiatr Genet. 2002;12:49-54 pubmed..Our data suggest that, although A2M has an important role in the AD-specific neurodegenerative process, its exon 24 Val-1000-Ile polymorphism is not likely to be associated with late-onset sporadic AD in the Hungarian population. ..
- Rugsarash W, Tungtrongchitr R, Petmitr S, Phonrat B, Pongpaew P, Harnroongroj T, et al. The genetic association between alpha-2-macroglobulin (A2M) gene deletion polymorphism and low serum A2M concentration in overweight/obese Thais. Nutr Neurosci. 2006;9:93-8 pubmed..Further studies are needed to investigate other A2M genes located on chromosome 12 to prove A2M gene polymorphism's association with low serum A2M and aging. ..
- Mocchegiani E, Malavolta M. Zinc dyshomeostasis, ageing and neurodegeneration: implications of A2M and inflammatory gene polymorphisms. J Alzheimers Dis. 2007;12:101-9 pubmed..The role played by MT and A2M is reported in ageing and Alzheimer's disease and on some polymorphisms of A2M and inflammatory genes (cytokines and their receptors) because some of them may be affected by zinc, via MT homeostasis. ..
- Wyatt A, Kumita J, Mifsud R, Gooden C, Wilson M, Dobson C. Hypochlorite-induced structural modifications enhance the chaperone activity of human ?2-macroglobulin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E2081-90 pubmed publisher..Our results support the conclusion that ?2M is a specialized chaperone that prevents the extracellular accumulation of misfolded and potentially pathogenic proteins, particularly during innate immune system activity. ..
- Staubli S, Oertli D, Nebiker C. Laboratory markers predicting severity of acute pancreatitis. Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci. 2015;52:273-83 pubmed publisher..Despite these difficulties, research is still very active in finding new markers to predict the severity of AP. ..
- Marynen P, Devriendt K, Van den Berghe H, Cassiman J. A genetic polymorphism in a functional domain of human pregnancy zone protein: the bait region. Genomic structure of the bait domains of human pregnancy zone protein and alpha 2 macroglobulin. FEBS Lett. 1990;262:349-52 pubmedGenomic clones containing the exons coding for the bait domain of human pregnancy zone protein and alpha 2 macroglobulin were isolated and fragments containing the bait exons were sequenced...
- Hall P, Nelles L, Travis J, Roberts R. Proteolytic cleavage sites on alpha 2-macroglobulin resulting in proteinase binding are different for trypsin and Staphylococcus aureus V-8 proteinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1981;100:8-16 pubmed
- Kovacs D. alpha2-macroglobulin in late-onset Alzheimer's disease. Exp Gerontol. 2000;35:473-9 pubmed..These data support an important role for A2M in AD etiopathology. ..
- Ambrus G, Gal P, Kojima M, Szilágyi K, Balczer J, Antal J, et al. Natural substrates and inhibitors of mannan-binding lectin-associated serine protease-1 and -2: a study on recombinant catalytic fragments. J Immunol. 2003;170:1374-82 pubmed..Nevertheless, relative rates of reaction with alpha-2-macroglobulin and C1-inhibitor suggest that alpha-2-macroglobulin may be a significant physiological inhibitor of MASP-1. ..
- Bian L, Yang J, Guo T, Duan Y, Qin W, Sun Y, et al. Association study of the A2M and LRP1 Genes with Alzheimer disease in the Han Chinese. Biol Psychiatry. 2005;58:731-7 pubmed..Our results indicate that the CTCG haplotype of LRP1 may reduce the risk of late-onset AD, but A2M is not associated with this disease in the Han Chinese population. ..
- Wang X, Huang J, Feng M, Ju Z, Wang C, Yang G, et al. Regulatory mutations in the A2M gene are involved in the mastitis susceptibility in dairy cows. Anim Genet. 2014;45:28-37 pubmed publisher..Our findings provided the molecular basis for A2M transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulations. A close relationship between regulatory mutations and mastitis susceptibility of cows also was established. ..
- Niu F, Zhao S, Xu C, Chen L, Ye L, Bi G, et al. Identification and functional analysis of differentially expressed genes related to metastatic osteosarcoma. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:10797-801 pubmed..The response to hormone stimulus, MAPK signaling pathway and focal adhesion may play important roles in metastatic OS. ..
- Brasier A, Zhao Y, Wiktorowicz J, Spratt H, Nascimento E, Cordeiro M, et al. Molecular classification of outcomes from dengue virus -3 infections. J Clin Virol. 2015;64:97-106 pubmed publisher..Early detection of intermediate outcomes of DENV-3 will speed clinical trials evaluating vaccines or drug interventions. ..
- Wakle Prabagaran M, Lorca R, Ma X, Stamnes S, Amazu C, Hsiao J, et al. BKCa channel regulates calcium oscillations induced by alpha-2-macroglobulin in human myometrial smooth muscle cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2335-44 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that α2M* and LRP1 modulate the BKCachannel in human myometrium and that BKCaand its immunomodulatory interacting partners regulate Ca(2+)dynamics in hMSMCs during pregnancy. ..
- Suman S, Basak T, Gupta P, Mishra S, Kumar V, Sengupta S, et al. Quantitative proteomics revealed novel proteins associated with molecular subtypes of breast cancer. J Proteomics. 2016;148:183-93 pubmed publisher..Hence, these proteins could have clinical importance for the diagnosis and prognosis purposes among molecular BC subtypes. ..
- Cheong S, Hentschel L, Davidson A, Gerrelli D, Davie R, Rizzo R, et al. Mutations in CPAMD8 Cause a Unique Form of Autosomal-Recessive Anterior Segment Dysgenesis. Am J Hum Genet. 2016;99:1338-1352 pubmed publisher..Our study delineates a unique form of recessive ASD and defines a role for CPAMD8, a protein of unknown function, in anterior segment development, implying another pathway for the pathogenicity of ASD. ..
- Xue Z, Wang L, Liu Z, Wang W, Liu C, Song X, et al. The fragmentation mechanism and immune-protective effect of CfTEP in the scallop Chlamys farreri. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;76:220-228 pubmed publisher..All these results suggested that CfTEP protein existed as fragments similar to vertebrate C3, and played central roles in the immune response against pathogen in the innate immunity of scallops. ..
- Styczynska M, Wasiak B, Łuczywek E, Pfeffer A, Barcikowska M. [Alpha2-macroglobulin gene polymorphism in patients with Alzheimer's disease]. Neurol Neurochir Pol. 2001;35:1013-20 pubmedRecent studies suggest that alpha 2-macroglobulin (alpha 2 m) may play a role in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's Disease (AD). The presence of alpha 2-macroglobulin G/G genotype is thought to increase the risk of AD...
- Cacabelos R. Genomic characterization of Alzheimer's disease and genotype-related phenotypic analysis of biological markers in dementia. Pharmacogenomics. 2004;5:1049-105 pubmed..All these genotypic and phenotypic variations bring about important consequences for the pharmacogenomics of AD. ..
- Takada T, Kodera Y, Matsubara M, Kawashima Y, Maeda T, Fujita Y, et al. Serum monomeric ?2-macroglobulin as a clinical biomarker in diabetes. Atherosclerosis. 2013;228:270-6 pubmed publisher..It is identical to the human 'cardiac isoform of ?2-macroglobulin' described in the literature, a well-known acute phase serum biomarker protein mechanistically involved in cardiac and atherosclerotic diseases. ..
- Mikolajczyk S, Millar L, Kumar A, Saedi M. Human glandular kallikrein, hK2, shows arginine-restricted specificity and forms complexes with plasma protease inhibitors. Prostate. 1998;34:44-50 pubmed..hK2 also formed a rapid complex with alpha 2-macroglobulin. These results demonstrate that hK2 is an active protease with arginine-selective specificity, which forms covalent complexes with plasma protease inhibitors. ..
- Zapico I, Coto E, Rodriguez A, Alvarez C, Torre J, Alvarez V. A DNA polymorphism at the alpha2-macroglobulin gene is associated with the severity of rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2000;27:2308-11 pubmed..Carriers of the alpha2m deletion allele would have increased risk of developing an early active severe form of the disease. Our data suggest that alpha2m could be a valuable target in the treatment of RA. ..
- Jhoo J, Kim K, Lee D, Lee K, Lee J, Kim S, et al. Association of alpha-2-macroglobulin deletion polymorphism with sporadic Alzheimer's disease in Koreans. J Neurol Sci. 2001;184:21-5 pubmed..015). In conclusion, our data suggests that the A2M D allele is a modest risk factor for late-onset sporadic AD in Koreans, and the AD risk conferred by the A2M D allele increases in APOE epsilon4 negative subjects. ..
- Nartikova V, Paskhina T. [Uniform method for determining the alpha 1-antitrypsin and alpha 2-macroglobulin activity in human blood serum (plasma)]. Vopr Med Khim. 1979;25:494-9 pubmed..1 ml) very rapidly and specifically using commercially available substrate; the method might be recommended for routine clinical analysis. ..
- Chen Y, Xu K, Li J, Wang X, Ye Y, Qi P. Molecular characterization of complement component 3 (C3) in Mytilus coruscus improves our understanding of bivalve complement system. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;76:41-47 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results show that C3 may play an essential role in the immune defense of M. coruscus. The present data therefore provide a more detailed insight into the functional activities of the bivalve complement system. ..
- Nachman R, Harpel P. Platelet alpha2-macroglobulin and alpha1-antitrypsin. J Biol Chem. 1976;251:4512-21 pubmed..Platelet protease inhibitors may modulate the protease-mediated events involved in the formation of hemostatic plugs and thrombi. ..
- Arnold J, Wallis R, Willis A, Harvey D, Royle L, Dwek R, et al. Interaction of mannan binding lectin with alpha2 macroglobulin via exposed oligomannose glycans: a conserved feature of the thiol ester protein family?. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:6955-63 pubmed..Binding would lead to opsonization or activation of enzyme systems such as complement. ..
- Seriramalu R, Pang W, Jayapalan J, Mohamed E, Abdul Rahman P, Bustam A, et al. Application of champedak mannose-binding lectin in the glycoproteomic profiling of serum samples unmasks reduced expression of alpha-2 macroglobulin and complement factor B in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Electrophoresis. 2010;31:2388-95 pubmed publisher..Together with other acute-phase response proteins that were previously reported to be altered in expression in NPC patients, AMG and CFB may serve as useful complementary biomarkers for NPC. ..
- Choi G, Kim J, Shin Y, Ye Y, Kim S, Park H. Eosinophil activation and novel mediators in the aspirin-induced nasal response in AERD. Clin Exp Allergy. 2013;43:730-40 pubmed publisher..Eosinophil activation occurred in early and late responses after L-ASA NPT in upper airway mucosa of AERD patients, where ApoA1, ?2M and CP as well as CysLT may be involved in eosinophilic inflammation. ..
- Kelly B, Lautenbach E, Nachamkin I, Coffin S, Gerber J, Fuchs B, et al. Combined biomarkers discriminate a low likelihood of bacterial infection among surgical intensive care unit patients with suspected sepsis. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2016;85:109-15 pubmed publisher..The combination of A2M and PCT discriminated bacterial sepsis from other SIRS among SICU patients with suspected sepsis. ..
- Zhao K, Murray E, Murray S. HK2 Proximal Tubule Epithelial Cells Synthesize and Secrete Plasma Proteins Predominantly Through the Apical Surface. J Cell Biochem. 2017;118:924-933 pubmed publisher..J. Cell. Biochem. 118: 924-933, 2017. Â© 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Mortensen S, Sottrup Jensen L, Hansen H, Petersen T, Magnusson S. Primary and secondary cleavage sites in the bait region of alpha 2-macroglobulin. FEBS Lett. 1981;135:295-300 pubmed
- Sottrup Jensen L, Stepanik T, Kristensen T, Wierzbicki D, Jones C, Lønblad P, et al. Primary structure of human alpha 2-macroglobulin. V. The complete structure. J Biol Chem. 1984;259:8318-27 pubmed..The properties of alpha 2-macroglobulin are discussed within the context of proteolytically regulated systems with particular reference to the complement components C3 and C4. ..
- McElhinney B, Ardill J, Caldwell C, Lloyd F, McClure N. Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and assisted reproductive technologies: why some and not others?. Hum Reprod. 2002;17:1548-53 pubmed..alpha(2)M measurements may help to differentiate those for whom it is safe to proceed with embryo transfer from those for whom it is not, because of the risk of OHSS. ..
- Arandjelovic S, Hall B, Gonias S. Mutation of lysine 1370 in full-length human alpha2-macroglobulin blocks binding to the low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein-1. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2005;438:29-35 pubmed..7 cells was blocked by receptor-associated protein, indicating an essential role for LRP-1. These studies demonstrate that a single mutation in full-length r(alpha)2M is sufficient to block binding to LRP-1. ..
- Domingues Montanari S, Hernandez Guillamon M, Fernandez Cadenas I, Mendioroz M, Boada M, Munuera J, et al. ACE variants and risk of intracerebral hemorrhage recurrence in amyloid angiopathy. Neurobiol Aging. 2011;32:551.e13-22 pubmed publisher..012). These results suggest that variants in the ACE are associated with CAA-related ICH recurrence, possibly by modulating ACE protein level. ..
- Narita K, Sasamoto S, Koizumi S, Okazaki S, Nakamura H, Inoue T, et al. TRPV4 regulates the integrity of the blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrier and modulates transepithelial protein transport. FASEB J. 2015;29:2247-59 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study demonstrated a novel physiologic function of TRPV4 in the regulation of BCSFB permeability. ..
- Ferrier G, Kim S, Kaddis C, Loo J, Ann Zimmer C, Zimmer R. MULTIFUNCin: A Multifunctional Protein Cue Induces Habitat Selection by, and Predation on, Barnacles. Integr Comp Biol. 2016;56:901-913 pubmed..As a multifunctional protein cue, MULTIFUNCin provides valuable sensory information, conveys different messages to different species, and drives complex biotic interactions. ..
- Bísaro de Lorenc L, Ramos A, Sanchez M, Montenegro R, Chiabrando G. Structural evaluation of plasma alpha2-macroglobulin in acute pancreatitis. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2005;43:1183-9 pubmed..Finally, the structural evaluation of plasma alpha2-macroglobulin could be used as a prognostic marker of the severity of acute pancreatitis. ..
- Bonacci G, Cáceres L, Sanchez M, Chiabrando G. Activated alpha(2)-macroglobulin induces cell proliferation and mitogen-activated protein kinase activation by LRP-1 in the J774 macrophage-derived cell line. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2007;460:100-6 pubmed..These results suggest that alpha(2)M*/LRP-1 interaction constitutes a key role in the macrophage functioning during inflammation and cancer. ..
- Zhou Y, Zhang Z, Chan P, He X, Tang M, Wu C, et al. Genetic association between low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein gene polymorphisms and Alzheimer's disease in Chinese Han population. Neurosci Lett. 2008;444:109-11 pubmed publisher..26). Our data suggested that the polymorphism of LRP C766T was strongly associated with AD and T allele might be a protective factor for AD in Chinese Han population. ..
- Ramacciotti E, Hawley A, Wrobleski S, Myers D, Strahler J, Andrews P, et al. Proteomics of microparticles after deep venous thrombosis. Thromb Res. 2010;125:e269-74 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to confirm the mechanistic role of these proteins in the pathogenesis of venous thrombosis in humans. ..
- Riely G, Rachmilewitz J, Koo P, Tykocinski M. alpha2-macroglobulin modulates the immunoregulatory function of the lipocalin placental protein 14. Biochem J. 2000;351 Pt 2:503-8 pubmed..Moreover, this represents the first documented interaction between the protein carrier alpha(2)M and a lipocalin protein. ..
- Adler V, Davidowitz E, Tamburi P, Rojas P, Grossman A. Alpha2-macroglobulin is a potential facilitator of prion protein transformation. Amyloid. 2007;14:1-10 pubmed..Purification of proteins from this fraction led to the identification of alpha2-macroglobulin as an active component suggesting that it may facilitate conformational changes in prion protein in spontaneous forms of prion disease. ..
- van Esch S, van Diepen A, Struijk D, Krediet R. The Mutual Relationship Between Peritonitis and Peritoneal Transport. Perit Dial Int. 2016;36:33-42 pubmed publisher..This suggests that frequent peritonitis leads to an increase of the vascular peritoneal surface area without all the structural membrane alterations that may develop after long-term PD. ..
- Hu C, Sung S, Liu H, Hsu W, Lee L, Lee C, et al. Genetic risk factors of sporadic Alzheimer's disease among Chinese in Taiwan. J Neurol Sci. 2000;181:127-31 pubmed..The other candidate genes in this study were not associated with the occurrence of AD. In addition, there are no gene-gene interactions. ..