Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ALOX15
Description: arachidonate 15-lipoxygenase
Alias: 12-LOX, 15-LOX-1, 15LOX-1, arachidonate 15-lipoxygenase, 12/15-lipoxygenase, 15-LOX, 15-lipooxygenase-1, arachidonate 12-lipoxygenase, leukocyte-type, arachidonate omega-6 lipoxygenase
Publications192 found, 100 shown here
- Evidence that arachidonate 15-lipoxygenase 2 is a negative cell cycle regulator in normal prostate epithelial cellsShaohua Tang
Department of Carcinogenesis, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park Research Division, Smithville, Texas 78957, USA
J Biol Chem 277:16189-201. 2002..Taken together, these results suggest that 15-LOX2 could be a suppressor of prostate cancer development, which functions by restricting cell cycle progression...
- Transcriptional regulation of 15-lipoxygenase expression by promoter methylationCheng Liu
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet and Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 297:61-7. 2004..Taken together, demethylation of the 15-LO promoter is a prerequisite for the gene transactivation, which contributes to tissue- and cell-type-specific regulation of 15-LO expression...
- Reduction of isoforms of 15-lipoxygenase (15-LOX)-1 and 15-LOX-2 in human breast cancerWen G Jiang
Metastasis and Angiogenesis Research Group, University Department of Surgery, Wales of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 74:235-45. 2006..The study has also reported a link between 15-LOX-2 and oestrogen receptor status in breast tumours. Both isoforms of 15-lipoxygenase have a tumour suppressing role in breast cancer...
- Lipoxygenase metabolism: roles in tumor progression and survivalGraham P Pidgeon
Department of Clinical Surgery, Trinity College Dublin, St James Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland
Cancer Metastasis Rev 26:503-24. 2007....
- 15-lipoxygenase-1 in the vasculature: expanding roles in angiogenesisNaoki Mochizuki
Circ Res 102:143-5. 2008
- Honokiol inhibits gastric tumourigenesis by activation of 15-lipoxygenase-1 and consequent inhibition of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma and COX-2-dependent signalsShing Hwa Liu
Institute of Toxicology, Taipei, Taiwan
Br J Pharmacol 160:1963-72. 2010..Here, we investigate the role of 15-LOX-1 induction by honokiol, a small-molecular weight natural product, in PPAR-gamma and COX-2 signalling during gastric tumourigenesis...
- Transcriptional regulation of β-secretase-1 by 12/15-lipoxygenase results in enhanced amyloidogenesis and cognitive impairmentsJin Chu
Department of Pharmacology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Ann Neurol 71:57-67. 2012..12/15-Lipoxygenase (12/15-LO) is an enzyme widely distributed in the central nervous system, and it has been involved in the neurobiology of Alzheimer disease (AD). However, the mechanism involved remains elusive...
- Concordant induction of 15-lipoxygenase-1 and mutant p53 expression in human prostate adenocarcinoma: correlation with Gleason stagingU P Kelavkar
Center for Glomerulonephritis, Renal Division, Emory University and the VAMC, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Carcinogenesis 21:1777-87. 2000..Based on these and other studies, we propose a model describing a possible role for 15-LO-1 expression in influencing the malignant potential and pathobiological behavior of adenocarcinomas...
- Overexpression of 15-lipoxygenase-1 induces growth arrest through phosphorylation of p53 in human colorectal cancer cellsJong Sik Kim
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH, MD, USA
Mol Cancer Res 3:511-7. 2005....
- Endothelial 15-lipoxygenase-1 overexpression increases acetylcholine-induced hypotension and vasorelaxation in rabbitsNitin T Aggarwal
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Hypertension 51:246-51. 2008..Therefore, increased expression of 15-LO-1 increases acetylcholine relaxation in arteries and hypotensive responses in rabbits because of increased hydroxy-epoxyeicosatrienoic acid and trihydroxyeicosatrienoic acid synthesis...
- Human articular chondrocytes express 15-lipoxygenase-1 and -2: potential role in osteoarthritisNadir Chabane
Osteoarthritis Research Unit, Research Centre of the University of Montreal Hospital Center, Notre Dame Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 11:R44. 2009....
- 15-Lipoxygenase-1-mediated metabolism of docosahexaenoic acid is required for syndecan-1 signaling and apoptosis in prostate cancer cellsYunping Hu
Department of Pathology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Carcinogenesis 34:176-82. 2013..These findings demonstrate that 15-LOX-1-mediated metabolism of DHA is required for it to upregulate SDC-1 and trigger the signaling pathway that elicits apoptosis in prostate cancer cells...
- Conditional expression of human 15-lipoxygenase-1 in mouse prostate induces prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia: the FLiMP mouse modelUddhav P Kelavkar
Department of Urology and Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Neoplasia 8:510-22. 2006..The FLiMP mouse model should also be useful in crosses with other GEM models to further define the combinations of molecular alterations necessary for PCa progression...
- Ku autoantigen (DNA helicase) is required for interleukins-13/-4-induction of 15-lipoxygenase-1 gene expression in human epithelial cellsU P Kelavkar
Center for Glomerulonephritis, Renal Division, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Genes Immun 1:237-50. 2000....
- The c.-292C>T promoter polymorphism increases reticulocyte-type 15-lipoxygenase-1 activity and could be atheroprotectiveJonas Wittwer
Institute of Clinical Chemistry, Center for Integrative Human Physiology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:487-92. 2007Reticulocyte-type 15-lipoxygenase-1 (ALOX15) has anti-inflammatory and inflammatory effects and is implicated in the development of asthma, arthritis and atherosclerosis...
- Reversal of expression of 15-lipoxygenase-1 to cyclooxygenase-2 is associated with development of colonic cancerM Yuri
Department of Molecular Pathology, Nara Medical University School of Medicine, Kashihara, Japan
Histopathology 51:520-7. 2007..The aim was to examine the switching of the two LA metabolic pathways in colonic adenomas and carcinomas...
- Induction of 15-lipoxygenase by interleukin-13 in human blood monocytesG M Nassar
Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
J Biol Chem 269:27631-4. 1994..The contrasting effects of interferon-gamma and IL-13 on 15-LO induction demonstrate mechanisms by which T-lymphocyte subsets may modulate macrophage/monocyte function in inflammation or atherosclerosis...
- Characterization and sequence of an additional 15-lipoxygenase transcript and of the human geneM R Kritzik
Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Syntex Discovery Research, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1352:267-81. 1997..7 kb transcript. In addition, we present here for the first time the cloning and sequence of the human 15-lipoxygenase gene, as well as the identification of regulatory elements in the promoter region of this gene...
- Human 15-lipoxygenase gene promoter: analysis and identification of DNA binding sites for IL-13-induced regulatory factors in monocytesU Kelavkar
Center for Glomerulonephritis, Renal Division Emory University, and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Atlanta, GA 30033, USA
Mol Biol Rep 25:173-82. 1998..In addition, fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH) results refined the previous localization of 15-LO to human chromosome 17p13.3...
- Induction of 15-lipoxygenase expression by IL-13 requires tyrosine phosphorylation of Jak2 and Tyk2 in human monocytesB Roy
Department of Cell Biology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 273:32023-9. 1998..This occurs as an early and essential signal transduction event for the IL-13-mediated induction of 15-LO expression. These data represent the first characterization of upstream kinases involved in the induced expression of 15-LO...
- 15-lipoxygenase-1 overexpression in prostate adenocarcinomaUddhav Kelavkar
Center for Glomerulonephritis, Renal Division, Emory University, VAMC, Atlanta, GA, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 507:133-45. 2002
- 15-Lipoxygenase-1 has anti-tumorigenic effects in colorectal cancerJennifer B Nixon
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, PO Box 12233, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 70:7-15. 2004..These data demonstrate that 13(S)-HODE induces changes in gene expression and has anti-tumorigenic effects...
- Association of a single nucleotide polymorphism in the lipoxygenase ALOX15 5'-flanking region (-5229G/A) with bone mineral densityTomohiko Urano
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Bone Miner Metab 23:226-30. 2005The 12/15-lipoxygenase gene Alox15 has been identified as a susceptibility gene for bone mineral density (BMD) in mice through combined genetic and genomic analyses...
- Tumor-associated down-regulation of 15-lipoxygenase-1 is reversed by celecoxib in colorectal cancerMartin J Heslin
Surgical Oncology Research Laboratory, Section of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Ann Surg 241:941-6; discussion 946-7. 2005..Also, to evaluate the expression of 15-LOX-1 in human normal mucosa, adenoma, and carcinoma with correlation to overall survival...
- Functional polymorphism in ALOX15 results in increased allele-specific transcription in macrophages through binding of the transcription factor SPI1Jonas Wittwer
Institute of Clinical Chemistry, Center for Integrative Human Physiology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Hum Mutat 27:78-87. 2006The reticulocyte-type 15-lipoxygenase-1 (ALOX15) has antiinflammatory and inflammatory effects, and is implicated in the development of asthma, arthritis, and atherosclerosis...
- The critical role of 15-lipoxygenase-1 in colorectal epithelial cell terminal differentiation and tumorigenesisImad Shureiqi
Department of Clinical Cancer Prevention, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Cancer Res 65:11486-92. 2005..Therefore, 15-LOX-1 down-regulation rather than a shift in the balance of LOXs is likely the dominant alteration in LOX metabolism which contributes to colorectal tumorigenesis by repressing apoptosis...
- Human ALOX12, but not ALOX15, is associated with BMD in white men and womenShoji Ichikawa
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5121, USA
J Bone Miner Res 21:556-64. 2006The Alox15 gene was recently identified as a negative regulator of peak BMD in mice...
- Orthotopic expression of human 15-lipoxygenase (LO)-1 in the dorsolateral prostate of normal wild-type C57BL/6 mouse causes PIN-like lesionsMalabika Sen
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh and Cancer Institute, PA 15232, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 81:1-13. 2006..Thus, our findings demonstrate the effectiveness of this viral system for 15-LO-1 expression studies in tissues...
- Interaction of human 15-lipoxygenase-1 with phosphatidylinositol bisphosphates results in increased enzyme activityErik Andersson
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicin, Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Sweden
Biochim Biophys Acta 1761:1498-505. 2006..Taken together, this report demonstrates that human 15-LO-1 binds to PI(4.5)P(2) and PI(3.4)P(2) and that these phospholipids stimulate enzyme activity in the presence of calcium in a vesicle based assay...
- DNA methylation paradigm shift: 15-lipoxygenase-1 upregulation in prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia and prostate cancer by atypical promoter hypermethylationU P Kelavkar
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh and Cancer Institute, PA 15232, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 82:185-97. 2007Fifteen (15)-lipoxygenase type 1 (15-LO-1, ALOX15), a highly regulated, tissue- and cell-type-specific lipid-peroxidating enzyme has several functions ranging from physiological membrane remodeling, pathogenesis of atherosclerosis, ..
- A differential association of ALOX15 polymorphisms with bone mineral density in pre- and post-menopausal womenChing Lung Cheung
Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Hum Hered 65:1-8. 2008The 12/15-lipoxygenase gene ALOX15 is reported to be a negative regulator of BMD in knockout mice. Nonetheless results are controversial as over-expression of ALOX15 protects against inflammation-related bone loss...
- Expression of 15-lipoxygenase type-1 in human mast cellsMagdalena Gulliksson
The Institute of Environmental Medicine, Division of Physiology, Unit for Experimental Asthma and Allergy Research, Karolinska Institutet, P O Box 287, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochim Biophys Acta 1771:1156-65. 2007..In conclusion, the expression of 15-LO-1 and release of 15-LO-1 derived products by mast cells may contribute to the role of these cells in asthma and other inflammatory diseases...
- A near null variant of 12/15-LOX encoded by a novel SNP in ALOX15 and the risk of coronary artery diseaseThemistocles L Assimes
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5406, USA
Atherosclerosis 198:136-44. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that exonic and/or promoter single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the human 12/15-LOX gene (ALOX15) alter the risk of symptomatic coronary artery disease (CAD).
- 15-lipoxygenase-1 prevents vascular endothelial growth factor A- and placental growth factor-induced angiogenic effects in rabbit skeletal muscles via reduction in growth factor mRNA levels, NO bioactivity, and downregulation of VEGF receptor 2 expressionHelena Viita
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, University of Kuopio, Finland
Circ Res 102:177-84. 2008..In conclusion, the results suggest that expression of 15-LO-1 has an efficient antiangiogenic effect in vivo via reduction in growth factor mRNA levels, NO bioactivity, and VEGFR2 expression...
- Polyunsaturated fatty acid metabolizing 15-Lipoxygenase-1 (15-LO-1) expression in normal and tumorigenic human bladder tissuesBrian J Philips
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 16:159-64. 2008..Our finding of variable 15-LO-1 expression and enzyme activity in bladder tissues suggests a role for 15-LO-1 in bladder carcinogenesis...
- 15-Lipoxygenase gene variants are associated with carotid plaque but not carotid intima-media thicknessPamela A McCaskie
Laboratory for Genetic Epidemiology, Western Australian Institute for Medical Research, UWA Centre for Medical Research, University of Western Australia, Perth, WA, Australia
Hum Genet 123:445-53. 2008..We examined the role of three single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the 15-lipoxygenase gene (ALOX15), in atherosclerosis...
- Hodgkin Reed-Sternberg cells express 15-lipoxygenase-1 and are putative producers of eoxins in vivo: novel insight into the inflammatory features of classical Hodgkin lymphomaHans Erik Claesson
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, and Orexo AB, Uppsala, Sweden
FEBS J 275:4222-34. 2008..Furthermore, the discovery of the high 15-lipoxygenase-1 activity in L1236 cells demonstrates that this cell line comprises a useful model system to study the chemical and biological roles of 15-lipoxygenase-1...
- Reciprocal regulation of 12- and 15-lipoxygenases by UV-irradiation in human keratinocytesHyun Yoo
Laboratory of Dermato Immunology, Catholic Research Institute of Medical Science, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Gu, Seoul 137 040, South Korea
FEBS Lett 582:3249-53. 2008..On the basis of our findings, we think that the 15-LOX metabolites may inhibit epidermal hyperplasia in psoriasis by regulating 12-LOX expression...
- Chromatin modification requirements for 15-lipoxygenase-1 transcriptional reactivation in colon cancer cellsXiangsheng Zuo
Department of Clinical Cancer Prevention, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 283:31341-7. 2008..These findings demonstrate that histone modification in the 15-LOX-1 promoter is important to 15-LOX-1 transcriptional silencing in colon cancer cells and that HDACIs can activate gene transcription via KDM3A demethylation of H3K9me2...
- On the biosynthesis and biological role of eoxins and 15-lipoxygenase-1 in airway inflammation and Hodgkin lymphomaHans Erik Claesson
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Division of Physiological Chemistry II, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm and Orexo AB, Uppsala, Sweden
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 89:120-5. 2009..The putative therapeutic implications of 15-LO-1 inhibitors in the treatment of asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder and Hodgkin lymphoma are discussed...
- 15-LOX-1 transcription suppression through the NuRD complex in colon cancer cellsX Zuo
Department of Clinical Cancer Prevention, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Oncogene 28:1496-505. 2009..Thus, our results show that NuRD contributes to 15-LOX-1 transcription suppression in colon cancer cells and that HDACIs can inhibit NuRD recruitment to a promoter to activate gene transcription, as in the case of 15-LOX-1...
- Overexpression of human 15(S)-lipoxygenase-1 in RAW macrophages leads to increased cholesterol mobilization and reverse cholesterol transportGinny L Weibel
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3615 Civic Center Blvd, ARC1102, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4399, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:837-42. 2009..The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of 15-lipoxygenase-1 (15-LO-1) on cholesterol mobilization from macrophages...
- Prostate tumor growth can be modulated by dietarily targeting the 15-lipoxygenase-1 and cyclooxygenase-2 enzymesUddhav P Kelavkar
Division of Hematology Oncology and Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Neoplasia 11:692-9. 2009....
- 15-Lipoxygenase-1 expression suppresses the invasive properties of colorectal carcinoma cell lines HCT-116 and HT-29Ismail Cimen
Department of Biological Sciences, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
Cancer Sci 100:2283-91. 2009..We propose that 15-LO-1 expression in CRC might contribute to the inhibition of metastatic capacity in vitro and can be exploited for therapeutic purposes...
- An integrated expression phenotype mapping approach defines common variants in LEP, ALOX15 and CAPNS1 associated with induction of IL-6Benjamin P Fairfax
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN, UK
Hum Mol Genet 19:720-30. 2010..We find that variation involving two other genomic regions, CAPNS1 (encoding calpain small subunit 1) and ALOX15 (encoding arachidonate 15-lipoxygenase), show significant association with IL-6 expression...
- Two single nucleotide polymorphisms in ALOX15 are associated with risk of coronary artery disease in a Chinese Han populationKai Zhang
Chinese Ministry of Education and Chinese Ministry of Public Health, Jinan, Shandong, China
Heart Vessels 25:368-73. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the association of two polymorphisms in ALOX15 and the risk of coronary artery disease (CAD) in a Chinese Han population...
- Molecular basis for the reduced catalytic activity of the naturally occurring T560M mutant of human 12/15-lipoxygenase that has been implicated in coronary artery diseaseKathrin Schurmann
Institute of Biochemistry, University Medicine Berlin Charite, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 286:23920-7. 2011..has recently been described, and this mutation leads to a near null variant of the enzyme encoded for by the ALOX15 gene...
- 15-Lipoxygenase 1 interacts with phosphatidylethanolamine-binding protein to regulate MAPK signaling in human airway epithelial cellsJinming Zhao
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Asthma Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:14246-51. 2011..The results confirm a previously unknown signaling role for 15LO1 and its PE-conjugated eicosanoid product in human airway epithelial cells. This pathway enhances critical inflammatory pathways integral to asthma pathogenesis...
- Mechanistic contribution of ubiquitous 15-lipoxygenase-1 expression loss in cancer cells to terminal cell differentiation evasionMicheline J Moussalli
Department of Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 4:1961-72. 2011..Our findings indicate that 15-LOX-1 downregulation in cancer cells is an important mechanism for terminal cell differentiation dysregulation and support the potential therapeutic utility of 15-LOX-1 reexpression to inhibit tumorigenesis...
- 15-Lipoxygenase-1 as a tumor suppressor gene in colon cancer: is the verdict in?Sun Il Lee
Department of Clinical Cancer Prevention, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Metastasis Rev 30:481-91. 2011..Re-expression of 15-LOX-1 in colon cancer cells can function as an important therapeutic mechanism and could be further exploited to develop novel treatment approaches for this common cancer...
- Epigenetic and transcriptional control of the 15-lipoxygenase-1 gene in a Hodgkin lymphoma cell lineCheng Liu
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Karolinska University Hospital Solna and Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 318:169-76. 2012..These prerequisites are fulfilled in the L1236 cell line, but not in the L428 cell line...
- 15-Lipoxygenase-1 induces lipid peroxidation and apoptosis, and improves survival in rat malignant gliomaHelena Viita
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, A I Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio, Finland
In Vivo 26:1-8. 2012..Previous studies suggest either an anti- or pro-apoptotic role for 15-lipoxygenase-1 in carcinogenesis...
- Effects of gut-targeted 15-LOX-1 transgene expression on colonic tumorigenesis in miceXiangsheng Zuo
Department of Clinical Cancer Prevention, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 104:709-16. 2012....
- Transcriptional regulation of 15-lipoxygenase expression by histone h3 lysine 4 methylation/demethylationCheng Liu
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Karolinska University Hospital Solna and Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e52703. 2012..Taken together, our data suggest that regulation of histone methylation/demethylation at the 15-LOX-1 promoter is important in 15-LOX-1 expression...
- Specific inflammatory cytokines regulate the expression of human monocyte 15-lipoxygenaseD J Conrad
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0911
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:217-21. 1992....
- 12/15-lipoxygenase is increased in Alzheimer's disease: possible involvement in brain oxidative stressDomenico Pratico
Center for Experimental Therapeutics, Institute on Aging, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Am J Pathol 164:1655-62. 2004..These data show that the 12/15-LOX metabolic pathway is increased and correlates with an oxidative imbalance in the AD brain, implying that this enzyme might contribute to the pathogenesis of this neurodegenerative disorder...
- No association of two functional polymorphisms in human ALOX15 with myocardial infarctionMartin Hersberger
Division of Clinical Chemistry and Biochemistry, University Children s Hospital Zurich and Center for Integrative Human Physiology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Atherosclerosis 205:192-6. 2009..Screening of the human 15-lipoxygenase (ALOX15) gene detected a polymorphic C to T substitution at position c...
- Genetic variation in the leukotriene pathway and carotid intima-media thickness: a 2-stage replication studySteve Bevan
Clinical Neuroscience, St Georges University of London, UK
Stroke 40:696-701. 2009..Using a 2-stage replication design, we have examined whether polymorphisms in 8 genes related to this pathway are associated with early atherosclerosis and remodeling as measured by carotid artery intima-media thickness...
- Formation of a cyclopropyl epoxide via a leukotriene A synthase-related pathway in an anaerobic reaction of soybean lipoxygenase-1 with 15S-hydroperoxyeicosatetraenoic acid: evidence that oxygen access is a determinant of secondary reactions with fatty acYuxiang Zheng
Department of Pharmacology and the Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 285:13427-36. 2010..Our results support a model in which access to molecular oxygen within the active site directs the outcome from competing pathways in the secondary reactions of lipoxygenases...
- Induction of arachidonate 12-lipoxygenase (Alox15) in intestine of iron-deficient rats correlates with the production of biologically active lipid mediatorsJames F Collins
Dept of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, G10 Farber Hall, 3435 Main St, Univ at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G948-62. 2008..homeostasis, and one gene related to this physiological process, a leukocyte type, arachidonate 12-lipoxygenase (Alox15), was selected for further examination...
- Conditional expression of 15-lipoxygenase-1 inhibits the selenoenzyme thioredoxin reductase: modulation of selenoproteins by lipoxygenase enzymesMargaret K Yu
Department of Internal Medicine, The Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah Health Sciences, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 0555, USA
J Biol Chem 279:28028-35. 2004..The influences of 15-lipoxygenase-1 on (1)inflammation, cell growth, and survival may be attributable, in part, to inhibition of thioredoxin reductase and several redox-sensitive processes subordinate to thioredoxin reductase...
- Acetylation by histone acetyltransferase CREB-binding protein/p300 of STAT6 is required for transcriptional activation of the 15-lipoxygenase-1 geneP Shankaranarayanan
Eicosanoid Research Division, Department of Gynaecology, University Medical Centre Benjamin Franklin, Free University Berlin, D 12200 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:42753-60. 2001..After 9-11 h, when histones become acetylated, STAT6 binding sites may be demasked so that the phosphorylated and acetylated transcription factor can bind to activate gene transcription...
- Expression of 15-lipoxygenases in pulmonary arteries after hypoxiaYe Liu
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Pathology 41:476-83. 2009....
- Role of lipoxins and resolvins as anti-inflammatory and proresolving mediators in colon cancerNaveena B Janakiram
Department of Medicine, Hem Onc Section, OU Cancer Institute, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Curr Mol Med 9:565-79. 2009..In this review, we explore the mechanisms that trigger formation of LXs and Rvs, to highlight the relative importance of LXs and Rvs in carcinogenesis in relation to pro-inflammatory mediators...
- Altered epididymal sperm maturation and cytoplasmic droplet migration in subfertile male Alox15 miceKelly Moore
Division of Animal Science, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Cell Tissue Res 340:569-81. 2010..of the organelle degradation enzyme 15-lipoxygenase (15LOX) in sperm CD, we hypothesize that subfertile male Alox15 mice lacking the 15Lox gene display sperm CD anomalies...
- A role for the mouse 12/15-lipoxygenase pathway in promoting epithelial wound healing and host defenseKarsten Gronert
New York Medical College, Department of Pharmacology, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
J Biol Chem 280:15267-78. 2005..Here, we demonstrate that mouse corneas generate endogenous LXA(4) and NPD1. 12/15-LOX (Alox15) and LXA(4) receptor mRNA expression as well as LXA(4) formation were abrogated by epithelial removal and restored ..
- Opposing effects of 15-lipoxygenase-1 and -2 metabolites on MAPK signaling in prostate. Alteration in peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gammaLinda C Hsi
Eicosanoid Biochemistry Section, Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, NIEHS National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Biol Chem 277:40549-56. 2002..These results provide a plausible mechanism to explain the apparent opposing effects 15-LOX-1 and 15-LOX-2 play in prostate cancer...
- Transgenic expression of 15-lipoxygenase 2 (15-LOX2) in mouse prostate leads to hyperplasia and cell senescenceM V Suraneni
Department of Carcinogenesis, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park Research Division, Smithville, TX, USA
Oncogene 29:4261-75. 2010..Collectively, our results suggest that 15-LOX2 expression in mouse prostate leads to hyperplasia and also induces cell senescence, which may, in turn, function as a barrier to tumor development...
- Detection and subcellular localization of two 15S-lipoxygenases in human corneaMin S Chang
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Vanderbilt Eye Institute, 8000 MCE, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:849-56. 2005..The presence of both 15-LOXs in the human cornea prompted this study to delineate their roles in the human corneal epithelium...
- Nonobese diabetic (NOD) mice congenic for a targeted deletion of 12/15-lipoxygenase are protected from autoimmune diabetesMarcia McDuffie
University of Virginia, P O Box 801405, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Diabetes 57:199-208. 2008..Since the gene encoding 12/15-LO (gene designation Alox15) lies within the Idd4 diabetes susceptibility interval in NOD mice, we hypothesized that 12/15-LO is also a key ..
- 15(S)-HETE production in human retinal microvascular endothelial cells by hypoxia: Novel role for MEK1 in 15(S)-HETE induced angiogenesisArun K Bajpai
Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:4930-8. 2007..To examine for the expression of 15-lipoxygenase 1 (15-LOX1) and 15-LOX2 in human retinal microvascular endothelial cells (HRMVECs) and study the role of arachidonic acid metabolites of these enzymes in angiogenesis...
- 15-lipoxygenase-1 production is lost in pancreatic cancer and overexpression of the gene inhibits tumor cell growthRene Hennig
Department of Surgery, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Neoplasia 9:917-26. 2007..Thus, induction of 15-LOX-1 expression may be an attractive option for the prevention and treatment of pancreatic cancer...
- Effect of 15-lipoxygenase metabolites, 15-(S)-HPETE and 15-(S)-HETE on chronic myelogenous leukemia cell line K-562: reactive oxygen species (ROS) mediate caspase-dependent apoptosisSuraneni V K Mahipal
Department of Animal Sciences, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad 500046, India
Biochem Pharmacol 74:202-14. 2007....
- Distinct effects of annexin A7 and p53 on arachidonate lipoxygenation in prostate cancer cells involve 5-lipoxygenase transcriptionYelizaveta Torosyan
Department of Anatomy, Physiology, and Genetics, and Institute for Molecular Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences School of Medicine, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Cancer Res 66:9609-16. 2006..Thus, ANXA7 and p53 can distinctly regulate LOX transcription that is potentially relevant to the AA-mediated cell growth control in tumor suppression...
- Determination of cellular redox status by stable isotope dilution liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry analysis of glutathione and glutathione disulfidePeijuan Zhu
Centers for Cancer Pharmacology and Excellence in Environmental Toxicology Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 854 BRB II III, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6160, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 22:432-40. 2008..This suggests that increased expression of 15(S)-HPETE modulates the activity of cellular GSH reductases or the transporters involved in removal of GSSG...
- CREB-mediated IL-6 expression is required for 15(S)-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid-induced vascular smooth muscle cell migrationKoteswara R Chava
Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 894 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:809-15. 2009..The aim of the present study was to test the role of CREB in an oxidized lipid molecule, 15(S)-HETE-induced VSMC migration and neointima formation...
- Applicability of the triad concept for the positional specificity of mammalian lipoxygenasesRobert Vogel
Institute of Biochemistry, University Medicine Berlin Charite, Monbijoustrasse 2, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 285:5369-76. 2010..The specificity of the platelet 12-LOX was partly explained by the triad hypothesis, but the concept was not applicable for 15-LOX2 and (12R)-LOX...
- The transcription factor GATA-6 is overexpressed in vivo and contributes to silencing 15-LOX-1 in vitro in human colon cancerImad Shureiqi
Department of Clinical Cancer Prevention, Unit 1360, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
FASEB J 21:743-53. 2007..Maintaining 15-LOX-1 transcriptional silencing in cancer cells is a multifactorial process involving GATA-6 overexpression and other regulatory events...
- Disruption of the 12/15-lipoxygenase gene (Alox15) protects hyperlipidemic mice from nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseMarcos Martínez-Clemente
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, Hospital Clinic, Centro de Investigaciones Biomédicas Esther Koplowitz, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Spain
Hepatology 52:1980-91. 2010We have shown that Alox15, the gene encoding for 12/15-lipoxygenase (12/15-LO), is markedly up-regulated in livers from apolipoprotein E-deficient (ApoE(-/-)) mice, which spontaneously develop nonalcoholic fatty liver disease secondary to ..
- 15-lipoxygenase 2 (15-LOX2) is a functional tumor suppressor that regulates human prostate epithelial cell differentiation, senescence, and growth (size)Dean G Tang
Department of Carcinogenesis, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park Research Division, 1808 Park Rd 1C, Smithville, TX 78957, United States
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 82:135-46. 2007..Here we summarize these new findings to provide a concise view of the potential biological functions of 15-LOX2 in NHP cells and of its deregulation in PCa development...
- Fourteen chromosomal localizations and an update of the cytogenetic map of the rabbitC Zijlstra
Department of Biochemistry, Cell Biology and Histology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cytogenet Genome Res 97:191-9. 2002..The localizations comprise eleven gene loci (PRLR, GHR, HK1, ACE, TF, 18S+28S rDNA, CYP2C4, PMP2, TCRB, ALOX15 and MT1) and three microsatellite loci (Sat13, Sol33 and D1Utr6)...
- Regulation of bone mass in mice by the lipoxygenase gene Alox15Robert F Klein
Bone and Mineral Research Unit, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 Southwest Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Science 303:229-32. 2004..Through combined genetic and genomic approaches, we identified the lipoxygenase gene Alox15 as a negative regulator of peak bone mineral density in mice...
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of the selective regulation of IL-12 production by 12/15-lipoxygenaseMelissa K Middleton
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 176:265-74. 2006..LPS-stimulated elicited peritoneal macrophages derived from 12/15-LO-deficient (Alox15) mice produced reduced IL-12 and IL-23 levels, but comparable amounts of several other inflammatory mediators ..
- Prostate tumor growth and recurrence can be modulated by the omega-6:omega-3 ratio in diet: athymic mouse xenograft model simulating radical prostatectomyUddhav P Kelavkar
Department of Urology and Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Neoplasia 8:112-24. 2006..previously demonstrated an increased expression of an omega-6 LA-metabolizing enzyme, 15-lipoxygenase-1 (15-LO-1, ALOX15), in prostate tumor tissue compared with normal adjacent prostate tissue, and that elevated 15-LO-1 activity in ..
- Selenoprotein P protects cells from lipid hydroperoxides generated by 15-LOX-1Colleen Rock
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Utah, L S Skaggs Pharmacy, Rm 201, 30 S 2000 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, United States
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 83:203-10. 2010..Nevertheless, this effect may help protect cells against the oxidative damage induced by these lipid metabolites...
- Functional classes of bronchial mucosa genes that are differentially expressed in asthmaCatherine Laprise
Universite du Quebec a Chicoutimi, Department of Fundamental Sciences, Chicoutimi, Canada
BMC Genomics 5:21. 2004..While asthma is felt to develop as the result of interaction among many different genes and signalling pathways, only a few genes have been linked to an increased risk of developing this condition...
- Analysis of transcripts from 17p13.3 in medulloblastoma suggests ROX/MNT as a potential tumour suppressor geneAles Cvekl
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Eur J Cancer 40:2525-32. 2004..helix-loop-helix transcription factor and member of the MYC/MAX superfamily), KIAA0399, UBE2G1 (ubiquitin ligase), ALOX15, and MINK--encode proteins with potential links to cancer...
- Integrative predictive model of coronary artery calcification in atherosclerosisMichael McGeachie
Harvard Partners Center for Genetics and Genomics, Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 120:2448-54. 2009....
- Molecular cloning and chromosomal mapping of the human homologue of MYB binding protein (P160) 1A (MYBBP1A) to 17p13.3R Keough
Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, South Australia, 5000, Australia
Genomics 62:483-9. 1999..5' region of MYBBP1A was isolated and indicates a physical linkage between MYBBP1A and the 15-lipoxygenase gene (ALOX15)...
- Molecular genetic analysis of the Idd4 locus implicates the IFN response in type 1 diabetes susceptibility in nonobese diabetic miceEvgueni A Ivakine
Program in Developmental Biology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 176:2976-90. 2006..arachidonic acid metabolism and inflammation, phagocytosis, and lymphocyte trafficking, our combined analyses identified Alox15, Alox12e, Psmb6, Pld2, and Cxcl16 as excellent candidate genes for the effects of the Idd4 locus.
- Human lipoxygenase pathway gene variation and association with markers of subclinical atherosclerosis in the diabetes heart studyKathryn P Burdon
Department of Biochemistry, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Mediators Inflamm 2010:170153. 2010Genes of the 5-lipoxygenase pathway are compelling candidates for atherosclerosis. We hypothesize that polymorphisms in ALOX12, ALOX15, ALOX5, and ALOX5AP genes are associated with subclinical atherosclerosis in multiple vascular beds.
- Interferon regulatory factor-8-driven myeloid differentiation is regulated by 12/15-lipoxygenase-mediated redox signalingMichelle Kinder
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Exp Hematol 38:1036-1046.e1-4. 2010..on our observation of aberrant myeloid cell representation in hematopoietic tissues of 12/15-lipoxygenase (12/15-LOX)-deficient (Alox15) mice, we tested the hypothesis that polyunsaturated fatty acid metabolism regulates myelopoiesis.
- Effects of mutant p53 expression on human 15-lipoxygenase-promoter activity and murine 12/15-lipoxygenase gene expression: evidence that 15-lipoxygenase is a mutator geneU P Kelavkar
Renal Division and Center for Glomerulonephritis, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:4378-83. 1999..The studies define a direct link between 15-LO activity and an established tumor-suppressor gene located in close chromosomal proximity...
- Eicosanoid metabolism in squamous cell carcinoma cell lines derived from primary and metastatic head and neck cancer and its modulation by celecoxibClaudia P Schroeder
Department of Thoracic, Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 3:847-52. 2004..Our findings provide new informations about individual eicosanoids produced by HNSCC cells and their differential regulation by the selective COX-2 inhibitor celecoxib...
- Conjugated linoleic acid, cis-9,trans-11, is a substrate for pulmonary 15-lipoxygenase-1 in ratHyejung Cho
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Minnesota, 1334 Eckles Avenue, St Paul, Minnesota 55108, USA
J Agric Food Chem 53:7262-6. 2005..The authenticity of the production of 13(S)-HODE from c9,t11 as a substrate was established by isolation and cochromatography with pure standard on HPLC using non-radioactive and [14C]-c9,t11-CLA...
- Mechanistic investigations of human reticulocyte 15- and platelet 12-lipoxygenases with arachidonic acidAaron T Wecksler
Chemistry and Biochemistry Department, University of California, Santa Cruz, California 95064, USA
Biochemistry 48:6259-67. 2009..3 s(-1) microM(-1)). Considering that the oxygen concentration in cancerous tissue can be less than 5 microM, this result may have cellular implications with respect to the substrate specificity of 15-hLO-1...
- 12- and 15-lipoxygenases in human carotid atherosclerotic lesions: associations with cerebrovascular symptomsKarl Gertow
Department of Medicine, Center for Molecular Medicine, Unit of Experimental Cardiovascular Research, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm SE 17176, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 215:411-6. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate mRNA expression of 12- and 15-lipoxygenases (ALOX12, ALOX12B, ALOX15, ALOX15B) and the atypical ALOXE3 in human carotid atherosclerotic lesions, in relation to cerebrovascular ..
- Genetic variants of the arachidonic acid pathway in non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug-induced acute urticariaJ A Cornejo-Garcia
INSERM U 954, Nutrition Génétique et exposition aux risques environmentaux, Faculty of Medicine, University of Nancy, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Clin Exp Allergy 42:1772-81. 2012....
- Skeletal inflammation and attenuation of Wnt signaling, Wnt ligand expression, and bone formation in atherosclerotic ApoE-null miceYu Liu
Center for Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Diseases, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 310:E762-73. 2016..Despite HFD-induced increase in expression of Alox15, a lipoxygenase that oxidizes LDL and promotes atherogenesis, global deletion of this gene failed to ameliorate ..
- The 15-lipoxygenase-modified high density lipoproteins 3 fail to inhibit the TNF-alpha-induced inflammatory response in human endothelial cellsAngela Pirillo
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Immunol 181:2821-30. 2008..Altogether, these results demonstrate that enzymatic modification induced by 15-LO impaired the protective role of HDL(3), generating a dysfunctional lipoprotein endowed with proinflammatory characteristics...
- 12/15-lipoxygenase expression is increased in oligodendrocytes and microglia of periventricular leukomalaciaRobin L Haynes
Department of Pathology, Boston Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Neurosci 35:140-54. 2013..Our data support a role for 12/15-LOX activation as an inflammatory mediator of injury in PVL, with a contribution of 12/15-LOX to PVL-induced damage to or cell death of OLs, including those at the O1 and O4 stages. ..
- Prostaglandin Synthesis, Genetics and Colorectal CancerCornelia M Ulrich; Fiscal Year: 2010..and 2, the thromboxane, prostacyclin, PGD2 and PGE2 synthases, the 5, 12- and 15- lipoxygenases (ALOX5, ALOX12 and ALOX15), PGE2 receptors, and glutathione peroxidases...
- 15-LOX-1 effects on colitis and colon cancerImad Shureiqi; Fiscal Year: 2012..This improved understanding is expected to facilitate the identification of molecular targets for new strategies for colon cancer prevention. ..
- Theodore R Holman; Fiscal Year: 2015..b>ALOX15 gene (i.e...
- Stavros C Manolagas; Fiscal Year: 2016..Project 2 will investigate the contribution of Alox15-mediated lipid oxidation to the adverse effects of aging, hyperlipidemia, and loss of estrogens on skeletal ..
- FUNCTIONAL DIVERSITY OF ORBITAL FIBROBLASTSTerry J Smith; Fiscal Year: 2011..We believe that insights gained from the proposed studies will enhance our understanding of potentially sight-threatening TAO and allow us to develop novel therapeutic approaches. ..
- Regulation of Neuroprotective Lipid Sgnals by Spatially Distinct NMDA ReceptorsDavid Stark; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Gene-air pollution interactions and cardiac structure and function in MESA and CHVictor C Van Hee; Fiscal Year: 2012..conducted in MESA, several genes involved in inflammation, vascular activation, coagulation, and blood pressure (ALOX15, AGTR1, SCNN1A, and VWF) appear to modify the association between proximity to major roadways and LVM, suggesting ..
- AP4 Center for Studies on Hereditary Colorectal CancerBruce Boman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Targeting of 15-Lipoxygenase-1 in Colon CancerImad Shureiqi; Fiscal Year: 2007..the feasibility of tumor selective targeting of 15-LOX-1 to inhibit tumorigenesis will pave the way for future preclinical and clinical development of therapeutic strategies based on molecularly targeting 15-LOX-1 ..
- 5-LOX-1 and Clinical Chemoprevention of Colon TumorsImad Shureiqi; Fiscal Year: 2008..If our hypothesis is confirmed, efforts can be directed to develop chemopreventive interventions that specifically target the GATA-6 and 15-LOX-1 signaling pathway. ..
- LINOLEIC ACID METABOLISM AND COLON CARCINOGENESISImad Shureiqi; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work will set the stage for future animals and clinical studies of LA alternative pathway modulation as means of colon cancer chemoprevention. ..
- Prostate Cancer: A Mouse Model Testing 15-Lipoxygenase-1Uddhav Kelavkar; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Phospholipid and Arachidonic Acid Signaling in EpilepsyNicolas Bazan; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Intestinal Iron Transport in Iron Deficiency/AnemiaJames Collins; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- LC-MS/MS for Biomedical ResearchWilliam Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2004..About 75-80% of instrument time will be available to these participants and the remaining time will be available to other investigators at the College. ..
- Nitric Oxide Regulation of Adrenal SteroidogenesisWilliam Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2004..4) We will determine the role of endothelial NO in regulating steroidogenesis and adrenal blood flow in the in situ perfused adrenal gland and in vivo in anesthetized rats. ..
- Genetics of Asthma Severity and Lung Function DeclineNadia Hansel; Fiscal Year: 2008..Hansel new knowledge, skills and collaborative relationships necessary to successfully apply for funding as an independent investigator during the fourth year of this award. ..
- EICOSANOIDS, VASCULAR TONE AND BLOOD PRESSUREWILLIAM BRYSON CAMPBELL; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will test the hypothesis that endogenous LO metabolites are important regulators of vascular tone and blood pressure in mice. ..
- The novel adhesion molecule Bves and corneal healingMin S Chang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, an understanding of Bves in the human corneal epithelium has potential therapeutic benefits. ..
- Nucleotide Regulation of Apaf-1 Apoptosome and ApoptosisDean G Tang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The accomplishment of the proposed goals will greatly advance our understanding of apoptosome regulation in vivo and help us understand cellular response to environmental stress and cancer cell response to anti- tumor therapeutics. ..
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF BONE STRENGTH IN MICERobert Klein; Fiscal Year: 2009..Discovery of the genes essential for optimal bone quality would offer tremendous insight into a poorly understood, but critically important component of overall bone strength. ..
- A Novel Mechanism to Regulate Caspase-8 Activation on the Mitochondrial MembraneDEAN TANG; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 15-Lipoxygenase 2 is a Prostate Senescence GeneDEAN TANG; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our long-term goal is to utilize the data obtained from this project to develop 15-LOX-2-targeted anti-PCa therapeutics that trigger cell-cycle arrest and senescence. ..
- PTH STIMULATED BONE FORMATIONROBERT JILKA; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- EICOSANOID SYNTHESIS AND FUNCTION IN CORONARY VESSELSWILLIAM BRYSON CAMPBELL; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide specific pharmacological tools to study the role of EETs as EDHFs and provide new insights into the vascular action of the EETs. ..
- Role of 15S-lipoxygenase 2 in human corneal epitheliumMin Chang; Fiscal Year: 2005..From these observations, we hypothesize that 15-LOX-2 is important in maintenance of the human cornea by regulation of epithelial cellular proliferation and/or differentiation and its effects are mediated by PPARs. ..
- MITOCHONDRIA SIGNALED APOPTOSIS IN PROSTATE CANCER CELLSDEAN TANG; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..