Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: albumin
Alias: PRO0883, PRO0903, PRO1341, albumin (32 AA), albumin (AA 34), cell growth inhibiting protein 42, growth-inhibiting protein 20, serum albumin
Publications251 found, 100 shown here
- Purified hepatocyte nuclear factor 1 interacts with a family of hepatocyte-specific promotersG Courtois
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:7937-41. 1988..1 and demonstrate that it interacts with essential promoter regions of many liver-specific genes, including albumin, alpha-fetoprotein, and transthyretin...
- The modulation of inflammatory oedema by calcitonin gene-related peptideP Newbold
Biomedical Sciences Division, King s College, London
Br J Pharmacol 108:705-10. 1993..2. Oedema formation at intradermally-injected sites in the skin was measured by a 125I-labelled human serum albumin accumulation technique and paw oedema was measured by a weight displacement technique. 3...
- Characterization of the protein binding of chiral drugs by high-performance affinity chromatography. Interactions of R- and S-ibuprofen with human serum albuminD S Hage
Department of Chemistry, University of Nebraska, Lincoln 68588-0304
J Chromatogr A 693:23-32. 1995..were used to study the different binding characteristics of R- and S-ibuprofen with the protein human serum albumin (HSA)...
- Study of the enantioselective binding between BOF-4272 and serum albumins by means of high-performance frontal analysisA Shibukawa
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Japan
J Chromatogr A 694:81-9. 1995..After the direct injection of a solution of 0.5-400 microM racemic BOF-4272 and 550 microM serum albumin onto the HPFA column, BOF-4272 was eluted, under a mild mobile phase condition (phosphate buffer, pH 7...
- Effects of glucose and an aldose reductase inhibitor on albumin permeation through a layer of cultured bovine vascular endothelial cellsK Mimura
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Horm Metab Res 27:442-6. 1995..Human serum albumin was glycated by incubation with glucose in vitro...
- HIV-1 Tat protein stimulates in vivo vascular permeability and lymphomononuclear cell recruitmentM Arese
Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment and Department of Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Torino, Candiolo Italy
J Immunol 166:1380-8. 2001..In vitro, Tat induced a dose-dependent flux of albumin through the EC monolayer that was inhibited by Ab anti-vascular VEGF receptor type 2 and WEB2170, and PAF ..
- Ultrafast hydration dynamics in protein unfolding: human serum albuminJ K Amisha Kamal
Laboratory for Molecular Sciences, Arthur Amos Noyes Laboratory of Chemical Physics, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:13411-6. 2004We report studies of unfolding and ultrafast hydration dynamics of the protein human serum albumin. Unique in this study is our ability to examine different domains of the same protein and the intermediate on the way to the unfolded ..
- Mechanism of anti-HIV activity of negatively charged albumins: biomolecular interaction with the HIV-1 envelope protein gp120M E Kuipers
Section of Pharmacokinetics and Drug Delivery, University Center for Pharmacy, Groningen Institute for Drug Studies GIDS, The Netherlands
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol 11:419-29. 1996..In contrast, mannosylated albumin containing about 14 mannose groups showed an increased binding compared with native albumin...
- Crystal structure of human serum albumin at 2.5 A resolutionS Sugio
Osaka Laboratories, Yoshitomi Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, 2 25 1, Shodai Ohtani, Hirakata, Osaka 573 1153, Japan
Protein Eng 12:439-46. 1999A new triclinic crystal form of human serum albumin (HSA), derived either from pool plasma (pHSA) or from a Pichia pastoris expression system (rHSA), was obtained from polyethylene glycol 4000 solution...
- HIV-1 Tat reduces nephrin in human podocytes: a potential mechanism for enhanced glomerular permeability in HIV-associated nephropathySophie Doublier
Department of Internal Medicine and Center of Experimental Research and Medical Sciences CERMS, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
AIDS 21:423-32. 2007..To determine whether HIV-1 Tat may directly alter glomerular permeability in HIV-associated nephropathy (HIVAN)...
- Temperature-dependent simultaneous ligand binding in human serum albuminSudarson Sekhar Sinha
Unit for Nano Science and Technology, Department of Chemical, Biological and Macromolecular Sciences, SN Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Block JD, Sector III, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700 098, India
J Phys Chem B 112:4884-91. 2008Human serum albumin (HSA) is a soluble protein in our circulatory system, which is known to bind a variety of drugs and ligands...
- Crystal structures of human serum albumin complexed with monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acidsI Petitpas
Biophysics Section, Department of Biological Sciences, Blackett Laboratory, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London SW7 2BW, UK
J Mol Biol 314:955-60. 2001The primary ligands of human serum albumin (HSA), an abundant plasma protein, are non-esterified fatty acids. In vivo, the majority of fatty acids associated with the protein are unsaturated...
- Ischemia-modified albumin increases after skeletal muscle ischemia during arthroscopic knee surgeryMajed A Refaai
Division of Laboratory Medicine, Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, Box 8118, Saint Louis, MO 63110, United States
Clin Chim Acta 366:264-8. 2006Ischemia can alter the ability of albumin to bind free metal atoms...
- Association of serum glycated albumin, C-reactive protein and ICAM-1 levels with diffuse coronary artery disease in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusCao Jin
Department of Cardiology, Rui Jin Hospital, Medical School of Jiaotong University, People s Republic of China
Clin Chim Acta 408:45-9. 2009We assessed the possible association of glycated albumin (GA) and circulatory adhesion molecules with diffuse coronary artery disease (CAD) in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- HIV-1 Tat increases endothelial solute permeability through tyrosine kinase and mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent pathwaysT Oshima
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Louisiana State University Health Science Center, Shreveport 71130 3932, USA
AIDS 14:475-82. 2000..The bases of these errors are not known, but might involve secretion of the HIV-1 derived transcription factor 'Tat-1'. This study investigated Tat-1 mediated endothelial barrier changes and second message regulation of this phenomenon...
- Bovine whey fractionation based on cation-exchange chromatographyR Hahn
Institute of Applied Microbiology, University of Agriculture, Forestry and Biotechnology, Vienna, Austria
J Chromatogr A 795:277-87. 1998..Compared to studies with standard proteins, such as 100 mg/ml bovine serum albumin for S-Hyper D, their binding capacities were very low...
- Covalent linkage of recombinant hirudin to a novel ionic poly(carbonate) urethane polymer with protein binding sites: determination of surface antithrombin activityM D Phaneuf
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Artif Organs 22:657-65. 1998..The in vitro efficacy of thrombin inhibition by this novel biomaterial surface was then evaluated. Bovine serum albumin (BSA), which was selected as the basecoat protein, was reacted with sulfo-SMCC in a 1:50 molar ratio...
- Comparison of five methods for the study of drug-protein binding in affinity capillary electrophoresisM H Busch
Amsterdam Institute of Molecular Studies, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 777:311-28. 1997..For the comparison of these five methods the warfarin-bovine serum albumin (BSA) system was used...
- Quantitative structure-activity relationships studies with micellar electrokinetic chromatography. Influence of surfactant type and mixed micelles on estimation of hydrophobicity and bioavailabilityS Yang
North Carolina State University, Department of Chemistry, Raleigh 27695-8204, USA
J Chromatogr A 721:323-35. 1996..types of biological activities [small intestinal absorption in the rat (log A/NA) and protein binding to human serum albumin (log B/F) were examined in this work...
- Binding of lead to collagen type I and V and alpha2(I) CNBr (3,5) fragment by a modified Hummel-Dreyer methodI Miksik
Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague
J Chromatogr A 852:245-53. 1999..The association constants obtained are comparable with the low affinity interactions seen e.g., between Cu and bovine serum albumin.
- C repeats of the streptococcal M1 protein achieve the human serum albumin binding ability by flanking regions which stabilize the coiled-coil conformationK Gubbe
Institute of Experimental Microbiology, University of Jena, Winzerlaer Strasse 10, D-07745, Jena, Germany
Biochemistry 36:8107-13. 1997..of the coiled-coil domain were studied by analyzing their secondary structures and binding affinities to human serum albumin (HSA). As shown by circular dichroism, all fragments are in an alpha-helical conformation...
- Adsorption and selectivity characteristics of several human serum proteins with immobilised hard Lewis metal ion-chelate adsorbentsM Zachariou
Centre for Bioprocess Technology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
J Chromatogr A 890:95-116. 2000..binding behaviour of four "marker" proteins, namely transferrin, alpha2-macroglobulin, gammaglobulin and human serum albumin have furthermore been employed to monitor the differences in protein selectivity exhibited by these IMAC ..
- Nutritional support in patients with cancer of the esophagus: impact on nutritional status, patient compliance to therapy, and survivalF Bozzetti
Department of Surgery of the Gastrointestinal Tract, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Tumori 84:681-6. 1998..and unchanged levels of visceral proteins, while SD patients had a decrease in body weight, total proteins and serum albumin (P <0.01)...
- Role of binding capacity versus binding strength in the separation of chiral compounds on protein-based high-performance liquid chromatography columns. Interactions of D- and L-tryptophan with human serum albuminJ Yang
Department of Chemistry, University of Nebraska-Lincoln 68588-0304, USA
J Chromatogr A 725:273-85. 1996..It was concluded that varying such chromatographic conditions can alter either the binding strength or number of binding sites for solutes injected onto immobilized protein columns...
- Pharmacological analysis of neutrophil chemotactic factor production by leucocytes and roles of PAF in allergic inflammation in ratsM Watanabe
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 111:123-30. 1994..into the pouch fluid 8 h after injection of the antigen (azobenzenearsonate-conjugated acetyl bovine serum albumin) solution into the air pouch of immunized rats was inhibited dose-dependently by treatment with PAF ..
- Peripheral GABAA receptor-mediated effects of sodium valproate on dural plasma protein extravasation to substance P and trigeminal stimulationW S Lee
Massachusetts General Hospital, Stroke and Neurovascular Regulation, Charlestown 02129, USA
Br J Pharmacol 116:1661-7. 1995..We tested the effects of sodium valproate and GABAA-agonist muscimol on dural plasma protein ([125I]-bovine serum albumin) extravasation evoked by either unilateral trigeminal ganglion stimulation (0...
- Mechanism of bradykinin-induced plasma extravasation in the rat knee jointH Cambridge
Pharmacology Group, King s College London
Br J Pharmacol 115:641-7. 1995..Accumulation of [125I]-human serum albumin within the synovial cavity was used as a marker of increased vascular permeability. 2...
- [Brain hypothermia treatment for the management of severe pediatric brain injury]N Hayashi
Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, Nihon University, Tokyo
No To Hattatsu 32:122-31. 2000..nutrition and replacement of L-arginine were most useful, as well as preconditioning for rewarming as follows: serum albumin > 3...
- Protein binding on polyelectrolyte-treated glass. Effect of structure of adsorbed polyelectrolyteY Wang
Department of Chemistry, Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis 46202-3274, USA
J Chromatogr A 808:61-70. 1998..We found that the selectivity of PDADMAC for bovine serum albumin vs...
- [Study on sepsis in the elderly at Nagoyashi-Koseiin Geriatric Hospital]T Yamamoto
Department of Internal Medicine, Nagoyashi-Koseiin Geriatric Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 69:1141-50. 1995..6% were survivors, and 34.4% were nonsurvivors. At the onset of sepsis, weight, blood pressure, serum albumin, and total cholesterol in the nonsurvivors were significantly lower than those in the survivors, whereas heart ..
- Charge transfer chromatographic study of the binding of commercial pesticides to various albuminsT Cserhati
Central Research Institute for Chemistry, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
J Chromatogr A 699:285-90. 1995The interaction of 28 commercial pesticides with human and bovine serum albumin as well as with egg albumin was studied by charge-transfer reversed-phase thin-layer chromatography and the relative strength of the interaction was ..
- [Clinical study on bacteremia in patients with liver cirrhosis]R Mizuno
Department of Internal Medicine, Meijo Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 70:456-62. 1996..Laboratory data of cirrhotic patients showed that positive blood culture patients had significantly lower serum albumin, prothrombin time and hepaplastin test than negative patients...
- Localization and characterization of fibronectin-binding to group A streptococci. An electron microscopic study using protein-gold-complexesB Wagner
Central Institute of Microbiology and Experimental Therapy, Academy of Sciences of the GDR, Jena
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 269:479-91. 1988..Simultaneous labelling of the bacteria with marker complexes of FnF, human serum albumin and fibrinogen revealed separate receptor sites for each protein...
- [Effects of angiotensin II and pressure on cellular fibronectin in the vascular wall in organotypic culture]N Bardy
INSERM U141, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:991-5. 1994..40 ml/min) in DME medium containing antibiotics, supplemented with 20% fetal calf serum or with 5% bovine serum albumin. In a series of experiments, angiotensin II (10(-6) M) and indomethacin (10(-5) M) were added to culture media...
- Studies on malabsorption in malnourished Pakistani childrenI Mazahir
Department of Biochemistry, Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre, Karachi, Pakistan
Z Naturforsch C 43:782-6. 1988..All children had reduced weight and height as compared with the control group. Haemoglobin, total protein and serum albumin showed a decrease and the fall was greatest in PEM cases as compared with the control group...
- [Meningoencephalitis in Kawasaki disease]K Takagi
First Department of Pediatrics, Toho University School of Medicine, Tokyo
No To Hattatsu 22:429-35. 1990..05) and hematocrit (P less than 0.05), serum total protein (P less than 0.01), and serum albumin levels (P less than 0.01) were also significantly lower...
- Effect of organic modifiers on retention and enantiomeric separations by capillary electrophoresis with human serum albumin as a chiral selector in solutionA Ahmed
Department of Oncology, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Chromatogr A 766:237-44. 1997..retention and enantiomeric separations of benzoin and propiomazine by capillary electrophoresis, using human serum albumin as a chiral selector...
- Removal of endotoxins by affinity sorbentsF B Anspach
GBF-National Research Centre for Biotechnology, Braunschweig, Germany
J Chromatogr A 711:81-92. 1995..contrast, only low initial contamination levels (< 34 EU/ml) were reduced to tolerable levels from bovine serum albumin (BSA) as the negatively charged protein model owing to competition of BSA and endotoxins for adsorption sites...
- Antibody to silicone and native macromolecules in women with silicone breast implantsA Vojdani
Immunosciences Laboratory, Inc, Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 16:497-523. 1994..samples were obtained and examined for the presence of Silicone antibodies, Myelin Basic Protein and human serum albumin antibodies. These samples were then compared to 520 matched controls without implants...
- [Differences in susceptibility of Helicobacter pylori to macrolide and other antibiotics in tests using blood agar and albumin agar]E Ishii
Department of Health and Epidemiology, Osaka City Institute of Public Health and Environmental Sciences
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 67:137-42. 1993..seven macrolides against Helicobacter pylori strains were determined on Brucella agar supplemented with bovine serum albumin fraction V (albumin agar) and compared with those on blood agar. MICs of the macrolides against H...
- Purification of protein and recycling of polymers in a new aqueous two-phase system using two thermoseparating polymersJ Persson
Department of Biochemistry, Lund University, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 864:31-48. 1999..The partitioning of three proteins, bovine serum albumin, lysozyme and apolipoprotein A-1, has been studied in the EO50PO50/HM-EOPO system and how the partitioning is ..
- Comparison of chromatographic ion-exchange resins. II. More strong anion-exchange resinsA Staby
Novo Nordisk A/S, Protein Purification, Gentofte, Denmark
J Chromatogr A 908:149-61. 2001..with five different proteins: anti-Factor VII monoclonal antibody (immunoglobulin G), aprotinin, bovine serum albumin, lipolase and myoglobin...
- The binding of 99mTc(Sn)-MDP complexes to human serum albumin and other blood proteins determined with gel chromatography and ultrafiltrationY M Huigen
Analytical Chemistry Laboratory, State University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Rad Appl Instrum A 40:629-35. 1989The binding of 99mTc(Sn)-MDP to human serum albumin and other blood proteins was investigated by gel chromatography and ultrafiltration...
- Quantitative analysis of aflatoxin-albumin adductsF Z Sheabar
Division of Toxicology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139
Carcinogenesis 14:1203-8. 1993..b>Serum albumin is quantitatively the most abundant target for aflatoxin B1 and the measurement of aflatoxin-serum albumin ..
- Effects of serum, its protein and lipid extracts, and commercial serum proteins and lipid on the isolated frog heartJ Singh
Department of Applied Biology, Lancashire Polytechnic, Preston, UK
J Comp Physiol B 161:303-10. 1991..serum containing a high proportion of immunoglobulins elicited large increases in contractile force, whereas serum albumin evoked a negative inotropic effect...
- [Relation between candidiasis and nutrition of patients and MRSA infection]S Takeda
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Fukuoka University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 71:899-902. 1997..96% g/dl in colonization group. Furthermore there were significance (p < 0.01) for mean serum albumin (mean) were 3.11 g/dl v.s. 3.27 g/dl...
- Study of the effector mechanism involved in the production of haemorrhagic necrosis of the small intestine in rat passive anaphylaxisM I Pellón
Departamento de Bioquímica y Fisiología Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, Facultad de Medicina, Valladolid, Spain
Br J Pharmacol 112:1101-8. 1994..6. PAF levels were transiently increased after dinitrophenol (DNP)- bovine serum albumin (BSA) challenge in the small intestine of IgE-sensitized rats. 7...
- The energetic cost of protein synthesis in isolated hepatocytes of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)M C Pannevis
Department of Zoology, University of Aberdeen, UK
J Comp Physiol B 162:393-400. 1992..The presence of bovine serum albumin was essential for the viability of isolated hepatocytes during isolation, but, in order to measure protein ..
- Relationship between nutritional status and tumor growth in humansF Bozzetti
Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Tumori 81:1-6. 1995..were characterized according to nutritional status (percent of weight loss as compared to usual body weight, serum albumin, serum cholinesterase, number of lymphocytes) and rate of incorporation of 3H thymidine labelling index in the ..
- Aqueous two-phase systems containing self-associating block copolymers. Partitioning of hydrophilic and hydrophobic biomoleculesM Svensson
Department of Physical Chemistry 1, Lund University, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 839:71-83. 1999..The proteins were lysozyme, bovine serum albumin, cytochrome c, bacteriorhodopsin and the engineered B domain of staphylococcal protein A, named Z...
- Isolation by gel-permeation chromatography of a non-covalent complex of Cibacron Blue F3G-A with human serum albuminA Compagnini
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, , Italy
J Chromatogr A 736:115-23. 1996..chromatography on Sephadex G-100 of a non-covalent complex of Cibacron Blue F3G-A (CB) with human serum albumin (HSA) is described...
- Affinity chromatography of human estrogen receptor-alpha expressed in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Combination of heparin- and 17beta-estradiol-affinity chromatographyW Feng
Institute for Applied Microbiology, University of Agricultural Sciences, Vienna, Austria
J Chromatogr A 852:161-73. 1999..further purified 100-fold with ligand-affinity chromatography using 17beta-estradiol 17-hemisuccinate-bovine serum albumin-Sepharose. The receptor could be kept in its native state, although saturated with 17beta-estradiol...
- Immunogenicity and specificity of the candidate multi-epitope-vaccines against HIV-1Y Lu
Research Center for Medical Science and Department of Biology, Tsinghua University, Ministry of Education, Beijing, PR China
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 23:487-94. 2001..The two peptides were conjugated to carrier protein bovine serum albumin (BSA) and used for immunization of rabbits...
- Cutaneous permeability responses to bradykinin and histamine in the guinea-pig: possible differences in their mechanism of actionW Paul
Department of Pharmacology, King s College, London
Br J Pharmacol 111:159-64. 1994..in guinea-pig skin have been measured using accumulation of intravenously injected 125I-labelled human serum albumin (125I-HSA). 2. The nitric oxide (NO) synthase inhibitor, NG-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester (L-NAME; 0...
- [Improved prognosis of first episode HIV associated Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia without preventive treatment: etiology and sequelae]S Ewig
Pneumologie 50:455-61. 1996..The mean time until diagnosis of PCP was five days shorter in this group. Moreover, CD8 cell-count and serum albumin were found to be significantly higher, and mean loss of weight prior to diagnosis of PCP significantly lower...
- High-performance frontal analysis for the study of protein binding of troglitazone (CS-045) in albumin solution and in human plasmaA Shibukawa
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Japan
J Chromatogr A 697:337-43. 1995..determination of the unbound concentration of troglitazone (CS-045), a new oral antidiabetic agent, in human serum albumin (HSA) solution and in human plasma...
- The influence of cell adsorbent interactions on protein adsorption in expanded bedsH M Fernandez-Lahore
Institut für Enzymtechnologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Julich, Germany
J Chromatogr A 873:195-208. 2000..cerevisiae) on the adsorption of model proteins (hen egg white lysozyme and bovine serum albumin) to various stationary phases (cation and anion-exchange, hydrophobic interaction, immobilised metal affinity)...
- Tryptic peptide mapping of sequence 299-585 of human serum albumin by high-performance liquid chromatography and fast atom bombardment mass spectrometryS Fisichella
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, , Italy
J Chromatogr A 693:33-44. 1995The determination of the tryptic peptide mapping of sequence 299-585 (cyanogen bromide fragment A) of human serum albumin (HSA) by chemical and enzymatic cleavages and combined use of HPLC and FAB-MS is described...
- Wound healing angiogenesis: indirect stimulation by basic fibroblast growth factorD R Knighton
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455
J Trauma 30:S134-44. 1990..Human serum albumin (HSA) (10 ng) and 50 ng of transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) served as negative and positive controls...
- Factors influencing wound healing after surgery for metastatic disease of the spineI B McPhee
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:726-32; discussion 732-3. 1998..Nutritional status was evaluated by determining serum protein and serum albumin concentrations and by total lymphocyte count...
- Micromorphometric evaluation of changes in symmetry of sarcoplasmic reticulum membranes induced by vanadateK Kranzhöfer
Max Planck Institut fur medizinische Forschung, Abteilung Physiologie, Heidelberg, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 47:762-72. 1992..Removal of the membrane lipids by treating the vesicles with phospholipase A2 and bovine serum albumin diminishes the membrane surface by 50% resulting in a significant increase of both the membrane thickness and ..
- Modeling and simulation of the dynamic behavior of monoliths. Effects of pore structure from pore network model analysis and comparison with columns packed with porous spherical particlesA I Liapis
Department of Chemical Engineering and Biochemical Processing Institute, University of Missouri-Rolla, 65409-1230, USA
J Chromatogr A 865:13-25. 1999..in this work is numerically solved in order to study the dynamic behavior of the adsorption of bovine serum albumin (BSA) in a monolith having skeletons of radius r(o) = 0.75x10(-6) m and through-pores having diameters of 1...
- High-performance capillary electrophoresis for characterization of hapten-protein conjugates used for production of antibodies against soyasaponin IH Frøkiaer
Department of Biochemistry and Nutrition, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby
J Chromatogr A 680:437-45. 1994..Soyasaponin I was coupled to Kunitz soybean trypsin inhibitor (KSTI) and bovine serum albumin. The degree of coupling was determined by high-performance capillary electrophoresis (HPCE)...
- The role of serum fructosamine as a screening test for gestational diabetes mellitusI Vermes
Department of Clinical Chemistry, H. d. K. Hospital, Oldenzaal, The Netherlands
Horm Metab Res 21:73-6. 1989..Serum fructosamine, glycated haemoglobin (HbA1c), total serum protein, serum albumin, fasting plasma glucose and oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) have been measured in 127 healthy control ..
- Mortality, symptoms, and functional impairment in late-life depressionC M Callahan
Regenstrief Institute for Health Care, Richard L. Roudebush VAMC and the Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202-2859, USA
J Gen Intern Med 13:746-52. 1998..In proportional hazards models, age, gender, race, history of smoking, serum albumin value, and an ideal body weight in the lowest 10% were significant correlates of time to death, but the ..
- One-stage versus two-stage anterior and posterior spinal reconstruction in adults. Comparison of outcomes including nutritional status, complications rates, hospital costs, and other factorsJ Dick
Twin Cities Scoliosis and Spine Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 17:S310-6. 1992..fusion were preoperatively assessed and at weekly intervals during their hospitalization for the following: serum albumin, transferrin, total lymphocyte count, skin anergy and anthropometric measurements...
- [Study on intractable factors in urinary tract infections--multiple regression analysis]A Yokoo
Department of Urology, Sapporo Medical University, School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 68:905-15. 1994..lymphocyte count, diabetic or not, whether the patient underwent major operation within 1 week or not, and serum albumin value, an indicator of malnutrition, as compromised factors were analyzed by multiple regression analysis...
- Protein adsorption on novel acrylamido-based polymeric ion exchangers. II. Adsorption rates and column behaviorA K Hunter
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22903-2442, USA
J Chromatogr A 897:81-97. 2000Uptake kinetics and breakthrough behavior were determined for bovine serum albumin (BSA) and alpha-chymotrypsinogen (alphaCHY) in new polymeric ion-exchange media based on acrylamido monomers...
- Studies on the growth-stimulatory activity of pigeon milk--comparison and synergistic effects with serumL Bharathi
Department of Biosciences, Mangalore University, Mangala Gangotri, India
J Comp Physiol B 163:332-6. 1993..cells was enhanced by the homogenates of pigeon milk in the presence of both fetal bovine serum and bovine serum albumin, although the response with fetal bovine serum was greater than that with bovine serum albumin...
- Various stages of schistosoma express Lewis(x), LacdiNAc, GalNAcbeta1-4 (Fucalpha1-3)GlcNAc and GalNAcbeta1-4(Fucalpha1-2Fucalpha1-3)GlcNAc carbohydrate epitopes: detection with monoclonal antibodies that are characterized by enzymatically synthesized neoA van Remoortere
Department of Medical Chemistry, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Glycobiology 10:601-9. 2000..These four epitopes were enzymatically synthesized and coupled to bovine serum albumin to yield neoglycoproteins...
- The sheep (Ovis aries) as an experimental model for African trypanosomiasis. II. Biological studyB Bouteille
Service de Parasitologie, , Limoges, France
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 82:149-58. 1988..The ratio of serum albumin to globulins fell to a value of 0.40 during the course of the disease...
- Analysis of host components in hydatid cyst fluid and immunoblot diagnosis of human Echinococcus granulosus infectionS Z Shapiro
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 86:503-9. 1992..Several host proteins, including serum albumin and IgG, were detected in the cyst fluid...
- [Modulation by nitric oxide of vasopressin induced renal vasoconstriction varies with perfusate viscosity in the isolated rat kidney]M Barthelmebs
Institut de Pharmacologie, , , Strasbourg
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 91:1083-6. 1998..at a constant flow of 8 mL/min, in a recirculating system, with TYRODE's solutions supplemented with 6% bovin serum albumin (BSA) or 4.7% Ficoll 400 (Ficoll). The viscosities relative to water were respectively of 1.33 (BSA), 2...
- The nature of the apolar phase influences the structure of the protein emulsifier in oil-in-water emulsions stabilized by bovine serum albumin. A front-surface fluorescence studyVincent Rampon
INRA, Laboratoire d Etude des Interactions des Molécules Alimentaires, BP 71627, Nantes cedex 3 F 44316, France
Adv Colloid Interface Sci 108:87-94. 2004..Front-surface fluorescence spectroscopy was used to evidence differences in the structure of bovine serum albumin (BSA) adsorbed at the interface of emulsions prepared with different apolar phases: an hydrocarbon (n-dodecane)..
- Species-dependent stereoselective drug binding to albumin: a circular dichroism studyMarco Pistolozzi
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Bologna, Italy
Chirality 20:552-8. 2008..The circular dichroism (CD) signal induced by drug binding to the albumins [human serum albumin (HSA), bovine serum albumin (BSA), rat serum albumin (RSA), and dog serum albumin (DSA)] were measured and ..
- Role of cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate and serum albumin in head-to-head agglutination of boar spermatozoaH Harayama
Department of Life Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, Nada, Japan
Reprod Fertil Dev 12:307-18. 2000..The aim of the present study was to investigate the effects of cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate (cAMP) and serum albumin on sperm agglutination and to discuss a possible mechanism for sperm agglutination...
- Uptake and intracellular transport in rat liver of formaldehyde-treated bovine serum albumin labelled with 125I-tyramine-cellobioseS Misquith
Laboratoire de Chimie Physiologique, , Namur, Belgium
Eur J Biochem 174:691-7. 19881. Endocytosis of formaldehyde-treated bovine serum albumin by rat liver sinusoidal cells has been followed by injecting rats with the protein labelled with 125I-tyramine cellobiose (125I-TCfBSA)...
- [Influence of rutin on conformation of serum albumin]Jin Xiu Wu
College of Rare Earth, Inner Mongolia University of Science and Technology, Baotou 014010, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 28:2619-22. 2008We studied the effect of the rutin on the conformation of bovine serum albumin (BSA) and human serum albumin (HSA) by synchronous fluorescence spectrum (Alambda = lambda(em) - lambda(ex) = 15 nm and deltalambda = lambda(em) -lambda(ex) = ..
- Rabbit serum albumin hydrolyzes the carbamate carbarylMiguel A Sogorb
Division de Toxicologia, Instituto de Bioingenieria, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Av del Ferrocarril s n 03202 ELCHE, Spain
Chem Res Toxicol 15:520-6. 2002..This study performs a biochemical characterization of the capabilities of rabbit serum albumin (RSA) to hydrolyze the carbamate carbaryl...
- Cytokine gene polymorphisms in hemodialysis patients: association with comorbidity, functionality, and serum albuminVaidyanathapuram S Balakrishnan
Division of Nephrology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Kidney Int 65:1449-60. 2004....
- Quality of life in end stage renal disease: a multicentre comparative studyF Gayle
Department of Medicine, The University of the West Indies, Kingston 7, Jamaica, West Indies
West Indian Med J 58:235-42. 2009..The Kidney Disease QOL questionnaire is a highly validated disease targeted instrument with global application. We sought to document QOL and the predictive factors in a cohort of patients with ESRD in Jamaica and Panama...
- 17beta-estradiol inhibits the production of interferon-induced protein of 10 kDa by human keratinocytesNaoko Kanda
Department of Dermatology, Teikyo University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 120:411-9. 2003..production was also inhibited by anti-estrogens, ICI 182 780 and tamoxifen, and membrane-impermeable bovine serum albumin-conjugated 17beta-estradiol, suggesting the effects via membrane estrogen receptor, whereas 17alpha-estradiol, ..
- Spectroscopic studies on human serum albumin and methemalbumin: optical, steady-state, and picosecond time-resolved fluorescence studies, and kinetics of substrate oxidation by methemalbuminJ K Amisha Kamal
Department of Chemical Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabha Road, Navy Nagar, Colaba, Mumbai 400 005, India
J Biol Inorg Chem 7:273-83. 2002The nature of the heme environment in methemalbumin, the Fe(III) protoporphyrin IX (heme)-human serum albumin (HSA) complex, was investigated by optical spectroscopy...
- Oncotic pressure and edema formation in hypoalbuminemic HIV-infected patients with proteinuriaJ A Guardia
Department of Medicine, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital, FL 33101, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 30:822-8. 1997..5 g/24 hr and serum albumin less than 3...
- Study on the binding behavior of bovine serum albumin with cephalosporin analogues by chemiluminescence methodZhuming Wang
Key Laboratory of Synthetic and Natural Functional Molecule Chemistry of Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry and Materials Science, Northwest University, 229, North Road of Taibai, Xi an, Shaanxi 710069, China
Talanta 83:312-9. 2010The luminol-bovine serum albumin chemiluminescence system was proposed for the first time...
- Existence of different structural intermediates on the fibrillation pathway of human serum albuminJosué Juárez
Grupo de Fisica de Coloides y Polimeros, Departamento de Fisica de la Materia Condensada, Facultad de Fisica, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Biophys J 96:2353-70. 2009The fibrillation propensity of the multidomain protein human serum albumin (HSA) was analyzed under different solution conditions...
- [Assessment of disease severity and outcome of dietary, antibiotic, and immunosuppressive interventions by use of the canine IBD activity index in 21 dogs with chronic inflammatory bowel disease]Michael Münster
Tierärztliche Praxis für Innere Medizin Kö1n
Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr 119:493-505. 2006..was to assess the severity of illness and the therapeutic strategy in dogs with IBD by the use of CIBDAI, serum albumin concentration, and histologic score (HPEG)...
- Inactivation of root canal medicaments by dentine, hydroxylapatite and bovine serum albuminI Portenier
Department of Endodontics, Dental Faculty, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Int Endod J 34:184-8. 2001This study examined and compared the inhibition of the antibacterial effect of saturated calcium hydroxide solution, chlorhexidine acetate and iodine potassium iodide by dentine, hydroxylapatite and bovine serum albumin.
- Decreases in mean hemoglobin and serum albumin values in erythema nodosum leprosum and lepromatous leprosyT H Rea
Division of Dermatology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Int J Lepr Other Mycobact Dis 69:318-27. 2001Changes in hemoglobin (HGB) and serum albumin (SA) concentration associated with the onset of symptomatic erythema nodosum leprosum (ENL) were studied by comparing the values obtained on the day thalidomide or prednisone therapy ..
- Evidence for a large and flexible region of human serum albumin possessing high affinity binding sites for salicylate, warfarin, and other ligandsU Kragh-Hansen
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Mol Pharmacol 34:160-71. 1988..azapropazone, phenylbutazone, chlorpropamide, sulfathiazole, and iophenoxate and the binding regions of human serum albumin represented by the marker ligands diazepam, phenol red, salicylate, and warfarin were examined by a series of ..
- Evaluation of nutritional status and factors related to malnutrition in children on CAPDMesiha Ekim
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, School of Medicine, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Perit Dial Int 23:557-62. 2003....
- [Malnutrition and the risk of long-term care insurance certification or mortality. A cohort study of the Tsurugaya project]Mizuka Higashiguchi
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Public Health and Forensic Medicine, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Nihon Koshu Eisei Zasshi 55:433-9. 2008The purpose of this study was to propose a suitable cut-off point for the serum albumin value to predict which elderly individuals are qualified for long-term care insurance certification and those at risk of death.
- An anti-inflammatory and antioxidant nutritional supplement for hypoalbuminemic hemodialysis patients: a pilot/feasibility studyKamyar Kalantar-Zadeh
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Los Angeles Biomedical Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90509 2910, USA
J Ren Nutr 15:318-31. 2005A low serum albumin concentration < 3...
- Problems in serum albumin measurement and clinical significance of albumin microheterogeneity in cirrhoticsAkiharu Watanabe
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama, Japan
Nutrition 20:351-7. 2004To clarify problems with the determination of serum albumin levels, the definition of hypoalbuminemia, and the implications of microheterogeneity of albumin, serum albumin was measured by using dye-binding methods and the authentic ..
- Pharmacokinetics of mycophenolic acid in patients with lupus nephritisMelanie S Joy
University of North Carolina Kidney Center, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7155, USA
Pharmacotherapy 29:7-16. 2009..effects of clinical parameters (urinary protein excretion as measured by the urinary protein:creatinine ratio, serum albumin level, and creatinine clearance) and demographic variables (age, race, sex) on the pharmacokinetics of total ..
- Discrepancies in serum albumin measurements vary by dialysis modalityChirag Parikh
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80246, USA
Ren Fail 25:787-96. 2003b>Serum albumin level is an important prognostic marker in patients with chronic renal failure. However there are discrepancies in the methods of estimation of serum albumin...
- Impact of burn size and initial serum albumin level on acute renal failure occurring in major burnGheun Ho Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Hallym University College of Medicine, Kangwon Do, South Korea
Am J Nephrol 23:55-60. 2003..The severity of the burn is largely determined by the burn size, and severe burns are likely to cause enough loss of extracellular fluid and albumin from plasma volume to produce shock and hypoalbuminemia.
- Levels of alpha1 acid glycoprotein and ceruloplasmin predict future albumin levels in hemodialysis patientsG A Kaysen
Division of Nephrology Department of Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Kidney Int 60:2360-6. 2001b>Serum albumin concentration predicts mortality in hemodialysis (HD) patients...
- Long-term oral sodium bicarbonate supplementation does not improve serum albumin levels in hemodialysis patientsMaurizio Bossola
Istituto di Clinica Chirurgica, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Roma, Italia
Nephron Clin Pract 106:c51-6. 2007..whether correction of metabolic acidosis through long-term oral sodium bicarbonate supplementation improves serum albumin levels and other nutritional parameters in patients undergoing maintenance hemodialysis...
- Relationships among inflammation nutrition and physiologic mechanisms establishing albumin levels in hemodialysis patientsGeorge A Kaysen
Division of Nephrology Department of Medicine, University of California Davis, 95616, USA
Kidney Int 61:2240-9. 2002b>Serum albumin concentration is a balance among its synthesis rate, fractional catabolic rate (FCR), distribution, dilution in the plasma pool and external loss...
- IMMUNOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF HEMORRHAGEIrshad H Chaudry; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, we will use E2 (cell permeable) and E2 conjugated with BSA (bovine serum albumin;cell impermeable) to determine the contribution of nuclear vs...
- PROTEIN BINDING/ORGAN PERFUSION AND RENAL DRUG TRANSPORTDavid Smith; Fiscal Year: 1990..Various combinations of bovine serum albumin and dextran will be used in order to produce a wide range of values for the protein binding studies...
- Alkylammonium Formate Mobile Phase Modifiers for Protein Liquid ChromatographyNEIL DANIELSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..can be used to study the tertiary and secondary structures of model proteins such as cytochrome c, bovine serum albumin, and lysozyme in these ionic liquids...
- IMMUNOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF HEMORRHAGEIrshad Chaudry; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, we will use E2 (cell permeable) and E2 conjugated with BSA (bovine serum albumin; cell impermeable) to determine the contribution of nuclear vs...
- IMMUNOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF HEMORRHAGEIrshad Chaudry; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, we will use E2 (cell permeable) and E2 conjugated with BSA (bovine serum albumin; cell impermeable) to determine the contribution of nuclear vs...
- Recombinant human serum albumin for use in cell culture mediaNing Huang; Fiscal Year: 2007Plasma-derived human serum albumin (pHSA) or bovine serum albumin are commonly added to cell culture media used in cell culture-based vaccine and therapeutic production, because it enhances cell growth and increases protein productivity...
- MICROFABRICATED MICRONEEDLES FOR DRUG DELIVERYMARK PRAUSNITZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..in vitro by up to five orders of magnitude for small molecules (calcein), macromolecules (insulin, bovine serum albumin) and nanospheres (100 nm diameter)...
- Using natural antibodies to improve vaccinesJOHN J IACOMINI; Fiscal Year: 2010..natural antibodies, to analyze whether conjugation of a poorly immunogenic antigen, such as bovine serum albumin (BSA), to 1Gal could affect its immunogenicity in vivo...
- Targeted Delivery of TFOs for Treatment of Liver FibrosisRam I Mahato; Fiscal Year: 2010..gene promoter specific triplex forming oligonucleotides (TFOs) conjugated with mannose 6-phosphate-bovine serum albumin (M6P-BSA) via a disulfide bond...
- Targeted Delivery of TFOs for Treatment of Liver FibrosisRAM MAHATO; Fiscal Year: 2007..gene promoter specific triplex forming oligonucleotides (TFOs) conjugated with mannose 6-phosphate-bovine serum albumin (M6P-BSA) via a disulfide bond...
- Targeted Delivery of TFOs for Treatment of Liver FibrosisRAM MAHATO; Fiscal Year: 2009..gene promoter specific triplex forming oligonucleotides (TFOs) conjugated with mannose 6-phosphate-bovine serum albumin (M6P-BSA) via a disulfide bond...
- HEME PROTEINS, MICROSPHERES, AND SYNTHETIC ANALOGSKENNETH SUSLICK; Fiscal Year: 2000..Ultrasonic irradiation of various proteins (e.g., serum albumin and Hb) creates micron-sized spheres that can be either gas-filled or non-aqueous liquid-filled...
- Molecular Combinatorial Therapy of Glioblastoma MultiformeWaldemar Debinski; Fiscal Year: 2010..to recombinant cytotoxins'delivery to GBM, it was demonstrated that using gadolinium and labeled human serum albumin (HSA) a faithful monitoring of drug distribution through CED can be obtained...
- Molecular Combinatorial Therapy of Glioblastoma MultiformeWaldemar Debinski; Fiscal Year: 2011..to recombinant cytotoxins'delivery to GBM, it was demonstrated that using gadolinium and labeled human serum albumin (HSA) a faithful monitoring of drug distribution through CED can be obtained...
- UNDERSTANDING NEONATAL PHOTOTHERAPY/BILIRUBIN EXCRETIONDAVID LIGHTNER; Fiscal Year: 2002..its anions, salts, conjugates and photoisomers in biomimetic and biological environments, including human serum albumin, by molecular dynamics and spectroscopic methods. 2...
- Development of At-211-Labeled Reagents for Therapy of Metastatic Prostate CancerDANIEL SCOTT WILBUR; Fiscal Year: 2010..In specific aim 3, the same molecules used in SA1 and SA2 will be conjugated with recombinant human serum albumin (rHSA) to provide 211At-labeled reagents that will be excluded from kidney, but will also have low ..
- PROTOCOLS FOR MATURING AND FREEZING OOCYTESCatherine VandeVoort; Fiscal Year: 2001..of this approach will be use of protein-free culture media to avoid unknown factors associated with serum or serum albumin preparations, leading to development of more reproducible protocols...
- Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Oxidative Nutrition in Dialysis PatientsKamyar Kalantar Zadeh; Fiscal Year: 2007..Subjects will be adult MHD patients with a serum albumin <3.8 g/dL. The nutritional support arm will include a combination of 2 oral nutritional supplements; i.e...
- Biomarkers for exposure to StachybotrysDorr Dearborn; Fiscal Year: 2007..satratoxin G, a macrocyclic trichothecene from Stachybotrys with 2 epoxides, forms stable adducts with human serum albumin. This offers the potential for quantitative biomarker 'dosimeters' in the form of protein adducts and related ..
- MECHANISMS OF HYPOALBUMINEMIA IN ENDSTAGE RENAL DISEASEGeorge Kaysen; Fiscal Year: 2001..In contrast albumin synthesis and serum albumin increase promptly when patients are fed following starvation, suggesting that malnutrition may not be the ..
- Benzo[i]phenanthridines: TOP1-Targeting Antitumor AgentsEDMOND LAVOIE; Fiscal Year: 2006..of this alkaloid, the metabolic instability of its lactone moiety and the high binding affinity to human serum albumin of its hydrolysis product are among the obstacles that hampered clinical development of this first generation ..
- Obesity and Surgical OutcomesJEFFREY SILBER; Fiscal Year: 2009..1) a three state, 50 hospital, Medicare "augmented claims analysis" that includes height, weight, and serum albumin information from charts (N=20,000), and (2) a nested, detailed chart abstraction (N=4000) using a matched ..
- Obesity and Surgical OutcomesJEFFREY SILBER; Fiscal Year: 2007..1) a three state, 50 hospital, Medicare "augmented claims analysis" that includes height, weight, and serum albumin information from charts (N=20,000), and (2) a nested, detailed chart abstraction (N=4000) using a matched ..
- Obesity and Surgical OutcomesJeffrey H Silber; Fiscal Year: 2010..1) a three state, 50 hospital, Medicare "augmented claims analysis" that includes height, weight, and serum albumin information from charts (N=20,000), and (2) a nested, detailed chart abstraction (N=4000) using a matched ..
- Obesity and Surgical OutcomesJeffrey H Silber; Fiscal Year: 2010