Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AKT2
Description: v-akt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 2
Alias: HIHGHH, PKBB, PKBBETA, PRKBB, RAC-BETA, PKB beta, RAC-PK-beta, RAC-beta serine/threonine-protein kinase, murine thymoma viral (v-akt) homolog-2, protein kinase Akt-2, protein kinase B beta, rac protein kinase beta
Publications194 found, 100 shown here
- Cisplatin increases B-cell-lymphoma-2 expression via activation of protein kinase C and Akt2 in endometrial cancer cellsAlexandre Rouette
Research Group in Molecular Oncology and Endocrinology, Department of Chemistry and Biology, Universite du Quebec a Trois Rivieres, Trois Rivieres, QC, Canada
Int J Cancer 130:1755-67. 2012..Cells stably expressing shRNA for Akt isoforms revealed that Akt2 was involved in cisplatin-dependant increase in Bcl-2 and apoptosis...
- Molecular cloning of the akt oncogene and its human homologues AKT1 and AKT2: amplification of AKT1 in a primary human gastric adenocarcinomaS P Staal
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 84:5034-7. 1987..Two human homologues of the v-akt oncogene, AKT1 and AKT2, were cloned...
- Chemokine coreceptor signaling in HIV-1 infection and pathogenesisYuntao Wu
Department of Molecular and Microbiology, George Mason University, Manassas, Virginia, USA
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000520. 2009..In this review, we summarize past and present studies on HIV coreceptor signaling. We also discuss possible roles of coreceptor signaling in facilitating viral infection and pathogenesis...
- The Akt isoforms are present at distinct subcellular locationsStacey A Santi
Tumor Biology Group, Northeastern Ontario Regional Cancer Centre, 41 Ramsey Lake Rd, Sudbury, ON, P3E 5J1, Canada
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 298:C580-91. 2010..b>Akt2 was colocalized with the mitochondria, while Akt3 was localized in both the nucleus and nuclear membrane...
- p53 is a determinant of X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein/Akt-mediated chemoresistance in human ovarian cancer cellsMichael Fraser
Reproductive Biology Unit and Division of Gynaecological Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa Health Research Institute, 725 Parkdale Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario KIY 4E9, Canada
Cancer Res 63:7081-8. 2003..Expression of a constitutively active Akt2 prevented CDDP-mediated down-regulation of Xiap and apoptosis in A2780s cells...
- HIV-1 inhibits autophagy in bystander macrophage/monocytic cells through Src-Akt and STAT3Jennifer Van Grol
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11733. 2010..The fact that pharmacologic manipulation of cell signaling restored autophagy in cells exposed to HIV-1-infected cells raises the possibility of therapeutic manipulation of cell signaling to restore autophagy in HIV-1 infection...
- Activation of protein kinase B beta and gamma isoforms by insulin in vivo and by 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 in vitro: comparison with protein kinase B alphaK S Walker
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Department of Biochemistry, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 4HN, Scotland, U K
Biochem J 331:299-308. 1998..All three isoforms (PKBalpha, PKBbeta and PKBgamma) were phosphorylated at similar rates and activated to similar extents by 3-phosphoinositide-..
- Akt/Nox2/NF-κB signaling pathway is involved in Tat-induced HIV-1 long terminal repeat (LTR) transactivationHong Sheng Zhang
Beijing University of Technology, District of Chaoyang, China
Arch Biochem Biophys 505:266-72. 2011....
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Tat accelerates Kaposi sarcoma-associated herpesvirus Kaposin A-mediated tumorigenesis of transformed fibroblasts in vitro as well as in nude and immunocompetent miceXiuying Chen
Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China
Neoplasia 11:1272-84. 2009....
- Plasmin triggers chemotaxis of monocyte-derived dendritic cells through an Akt2-dependent pathway and promotes a T-helper type-1 responseXuehua Li
Ulm University, Institute of Pharmacology of Natural Products and Clinical Pharmacology, Helmholtzstr 20, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:582-90. 2010..Dendritic cells (DC) accumulate in atherosclerotic arteries where they can modulate atherogenesis. We investigated whether plasmin might alter the function of human DC...
- Inhibition of HIV-1 Tat-mediated transcription by a coumarin derivative, BPRHIV001, through the Akt pathwayPi Han Lin
Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences and Medical Biotechnology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, No 1 Chang Te Street, Taipei, Taiwan
J Virol 85:9114-26. 2011..With strong synergistic effects with current reverse transcriptase inhibitors, BPRHIV001 has the potential to become a promising lead compound for the development of a novel therapeutic agent against HIV-1 infection...
- Depletion of Pleckstrin homology domain leucine-rich repeat protein phosphatases 1 and 2 by Bcr-Abl promotes chronic myelogenous leukemia cell proliferation through continuous phosphorylation of Akt isoformsIsao Hirano
Department of Internal Medicine III, Cancer Center, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Shizuoka, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:22155-65. 2009..Thus, Bcr-Abl represses the expression of PHLPP1 and PHLPP2 and continuously activates Akt1, -2, and -3 via phosphorylation on Ser-473, resulting in the proliferation of CML cells...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 induces lytic cycle replication of Kaposi's-sarcoma-associated herpesvirus: role of Ras/c-Raf/MEK1/2, PI3K/AKT, and NF-κB signaling pathwaysXiaolei Zhu
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, People s Republic of China
J Mol Biol 410:1035-51. 2011....
- Opposite effects of HIV-1 p17 variants on PTEN activation and cell growth in B cellsCinzia Giagulli
Department of Experimental and Applied Medicine, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e17831. 2011..Moreover, it provides the first evidence on the presence of a p17 natural variant mimicking the p17Δ36-induced signalling in B cells and displaying the capacity of promoting B cell growth and tumorigenesis...
- Role of 14-3-3epsilon, c-Myc/Max, and Akt phosphorylation in HIV-1 gp 120-induced mesangial cell proliferationA A Kapasi
Department of Medicine, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, The Long Island Campus for Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 280:F333-42. 2001..These results suggest that HIV-1 gp 120 induces alterations in conflicting survival signaling pathways that contribute to the potential dual effects of gp 120 in promoting or inhibiting HMC proliferation...
- AKT2 is a downstream target of metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 (Grm1)Seung Shick Shin
Susan Lehman Cullman Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Chemical Biology, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ, USA
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 23:103-11. 2010..We also detected strong activation of AKT in allograft tumors specifically AKT2 as the predominant isoform involved...
- Activator protein-1 has an essential role in pancreatic cancer cells and is regulated by a novel Akt-mediated mechanismSonyo Shin
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 426, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cancer Res 7:745-54. 2009..Collectively, our findings indicate that AP-1 has an important function in pancreatic cancer cells and provide evidence for a previously unknown Akt-mediated mechanism of c-Jun activation...
- HIV-1-Tat protein activates phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/ AKT-dependent survival pathways in Kaposi's sarcoma cellsMaria Chiara Deregibus
Cattedra di Nefrologia, Dipartimento di Medicina Interna Università di Torino, Centro Ricerca Medicina Sperimentale CeRMS, Italy
J Biol Chem 277:25195-202. 2002....
- Identification of a chromosome 3p14.3-21.1 gene, APPL, encoding an adaptor molecule that interacts with the oncoprotein-serine/threonine kinase AKT2Y Mitsuuchi
Molecular Oncology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, PA 19111, USA
Oncogene 18:4891-8. 1999b>AKT2 is a serine/threonine kinase implicated in human ovarian and pancreatic cancers. AKT2 is activated by a variety of growth factors and insulin via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)...
- Overexpression of AKT2/protein kinase Bbeta leads to up-regulation of beta1 integrins, increased invasion, and metastasis of human breast and ovarian cancer cellsM Jane Arboleda
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of California Los Angeles, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Cancer Res 63:196-206. 2003To determine how AKT2 might contribute to tumor cell progression, a full-length, wild-type, human AKT2/protein kinase B (PKB)beta cDNA was transfected into a panel of eight human breast and ovarian cancer cells...
- Infection of human immunodeficiency virus and intracellular viral Tat protein exert a pro-survival effect in a human microglial cell linePauline Chugh
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 672, Rochester, NY 14742, USA
J Mol Biol 366:67-81. 2007..We propose that the expression of Tat may enable HIV-1 infected microglia to survive throughout the course of infection, leading to persistent HIV-1 production and infection in the central nervous system...
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) Vpr induced downregulation of NHE1 induces alteration in intracellular pH and loss of ERM complex in target cellsMichelle L Janket
Department of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Virus Res 126:76-85. 2007..Vpr-mediated NHE1 dyregulation is in part through GR pathway as GR antagonist, mifepristone reversed Vpr-induced NHE1 downregulation...
- HIV-1 Tat co-operates with IFN-gamma and TNF-alpha to increase CXCL10 in human astrocytesRachel Williams
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e5709. 2009..Since CXCL10 levels are linked to disease severity, understanding its regulation could aid in the development of therapeutic intervention strategies for HAND...
- Constitutive activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signaling pathway down-regulates TLR4-mediated tumor necrosis factor-alpha release in alveolar macrophages from asymptomatic HIV-positive persons in vitroSouvenir D Tachado
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 283:33191-8. 2008....
- Platelet-derived growth factor protects neurons against gp120-mediated toxicityFuwang Peng
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Neurovirol 14:62-72. 2008..Taken together these findings lead us to suggest that PDGF-BB could be considered as a therapeutic agent that can mitigate gp120-mediated neurotoxicity in HAD...
- Protein kinase C-delta and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt activate mammalian target of rapamycin to modulate NF-kappaB activation and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) expression in endothelial cellsMohd Minhajuddin
Department of Pediatrics Neonatology, Lung Biology and Disease Program, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 284:4052-61. 2009..Pkc-delta(-)(/)(-)), p85alpha and p85beta subunits of the PI3K (p85alpha(-)(/)(-)beta(-)(/)(-)), or Akt1 and Akt2 (Akt1(-)(/)(-)2(-)(/)(-))...
- Implication of the Akt2/survivin pathway as a critical target in paclitaxel treatment in human ovarian cancer cellsDanhui Weng
Cancer Biology Research Center, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430030, PR China
Cancer Lett 273:257-65. 2009..have been implicated in paclitaxel (PTX)-induced resistance in ovarian cancer, recent evidence has suggested that Akt2 has an important role in the protection of cells from paclitaxel-induced apoptosis...
- Rapamycin promotes vascular smooth muscle cell differentiation through insulin receptor substrate-1/phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt2 feedback signalingKathleen A Martin
Division of Vascular Surgery, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
J Biol Chem 282:36112-20. 2007..Notably, we find that rapamycin selectively activates only the Akt2 isoform and that Akt2, but not Akt1, is sufficient to induce contractile protein expression...
- Akt2 negatively regulates assembly of the POSH-MLK-JNK signaling complexClaudia Figueroa
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 278:47922-7. 2003We demonstrate that POSH, a scaffold for the JNK signaling pathway, binds to Akt2. A POSH mutant that is unable to bind Akt2 (POSH W489A) exhibits enhanced-binding to MLK3, and this increase in binding is accompanied by increased ..
- Frequent activation of AKT2 kinase in human pancreatic carcinomasDeborah A Altomare
Human Genetic Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Cell Biochem 87:470-6. 2002..We previously demonstrated amplification and overexpression of the AKT2 gene in a subset of human pancreatic carcinomas...
- HIV-1 coreceptors CCR5 and CXCR4 both mediate neuronal cell death but CCR5 paradoxically can also contribute to protectionM Kaul
Center for Neuroscience and Aging, Burnham Institute for Medical Research, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cell Death Differ 14:296-305. 2007..This finding suggests that CCR5 ligands can protect neurons at least, in part, by modulating CXCR4-mediated toxicity through heterologous desensitization...
- AKT2, a putative oncogene encoding a member of a subfamily of protein-serine/threonine kinases, is amplified in human ovarian carcinomasJ Q Cheng
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:9267-71. 1992We isolated cDNA clones containing the entire coding region of the putative oncogene AKT2. Sequence analysis and in vitro translation demonstrated that AKT2 encodes a 56-kDa protein with homology to serine/threonine kinases; moreover, ..
- Prognostic significance of activated Akt expression in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaShinji Yamamoto
Department of Surgery and Clinical Oncology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 10:2846-50. 2004Akt is a serine/threonine kinase that plays a central role in tumorigenesis. Among the members of Akt family, Akt2 is associated with the development of human cancers...
- siRNA-based gene silencing reveals specialized roles of IRS-1/Akt2 and IRS-2/Akt1 in glucose and lipid metabolism in human skeletal muscleKarim Bouzakri
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Cell Metab 4:89-96. 2006..Gene silencing revealed specialized roles of insulin signaling cascades to metabolic endpoints. IRS-1 and Akt2 were required for myoblast differentiation and glucose metabolism, whereas IRS-2 and Akt1 were dispensable...
- MicroRNAs differentially regulated by Akt isoforms control EMT and stem cell renewal in cancer cellsDimitrios Iliopoulos
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Sci Signal 2:ra62. 2009..We expressed each isoform individually in an Akt1(-/-)/Akt2(-/-)/Akt3(-/-) cell line...
- Distinct roles of Akt1 and Akt2 in regulating cell migration and epithelial-mesenchymal transitionHanna Y Irie
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 171:1023-34. 2005..receptor (IGF-IR) hyperstimulation induced hyperproliferation and antiapoptotic activities that were reversed by Akt2 down-regulation...
- HIV-1 gp120-mediated apoptosis of T cells is regulated by the membrane tyrosine phosphatase CD45Appakkudal R Anand
Division of Experimental Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 281:12289-99. 2006..These results suggest a novel CD45-mediated mechanism for the HIV envelope-induced apoptosis of T cells...
- Heregulin-dependent activation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase and Akt via the ErbB2/ErbB3 co-receptorN J Hellyer
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Iowa, College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1109, USA
J Biol Chem 276:42153-61. 2001..Recruitment of PI 3-kinase to ErbB3 was required for both activities, and it appeared that ErbB2 activation alone was not sufficient to activate PI 3-kinase signaling in these cells...
- Extracellular HIV-1 Tat protein activates phosphatidylinositol 3- and Akt/PKB kinases in CD4+ T lymphoblastoid Jurkat cellsP Borgatti
Institute of Human Anatomy, University of Ferrara, Italy
Eur J Immunol 27:2805-11. 1997..Taken together, these data suggest that the anti-apoptotic activity of low concentrations of Tat protein on Jurkat cells is mediated by a PI 3-kinase/Akt pathway...
- HIV-1 accessory protein Vpr inhibits the effect of insulin on the Foxo subfamily of forkhead transcription factors by interfering with their binding to 14-3-3 proteins: potential clinical implications regarding the insulin resistance of HIV-1-infected patTomoshige Kino
Pediatric and Reproductive Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, 10 Center Dr MSC 1109, Building 10, Clinical Research Center, Room 1 3140, Bethesda, MD 20892 1109, USA
Diabetes 54:23-31. 2005..Vpr thus may contribute to the tissue-selective insulin resistance often observed in HIV-1-infected individuals...
- Defective signaling through Akt-2 and -3 but not Akt-1 in insulin-resistant human skeletal muscle: potential role in insulin resistanceJoseph T Brozinick
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Diabetes 52:935-41. 2003..Additionally, these data also show that different upstream or downstream signals may regulate the activity of the various Akt isoforms...
- Akt mediates insulin induction of glucose uptake and up-regulation of GLUT4 gene expression in brown adipocytesR Hernandez
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular II, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, 28040 Madrid, Spain
FEBS Lett 494:225-31. 2001..2) Akt phosphorylation on the regulatory residue Ser473 but not on Thr308, and (3) mobility shift in Akt1 and Akt2. However, ML-9 did not affect insulin-stimulated PI3-kinase nor PKCzeta activities...
- The thermotropic phase behaviour and phase structure of a homologous series of racemic beta-D-galactosyl dialkylglycerols studied by differential scanning calorimetry and X-ray diffractionDavid A Mannock
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Chem Phys Lipids 148:26-50. 2007....
- MicroRNA-184 inhibits neuroblastoma cell survival through targeting the serine/threonine kinase AKT2Niamh H Foley
Department of Cancer Genetics, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, York House, York Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
Mol Cancer 9:83. 2010..The purpose of this study was to elucidate the molecular mechanism by which miR-184 conveys pro-apoptotic effects...
- Akt kinases in breast cancer and the results of adjuvant therapyOlle Stal
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Division of Oncology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Breast Cancer Res 5:R37-44. 2003..It mediates cell survival by acting as a transducer of signals from growth factor receptors that activate phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase...
- Protein kinase B (AKT) mediates phospholipase D activation via ERK1/2 and promotes respiratory burst parameters in formylpeptide-stimulated neutrophil-like HL-60 cellsSatyananda Patel
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS UMR 8104, Paris, France
J Biol Chem 285:32055-63. 2010..associated with defective membrane translocation of NADPH oxidase components p67(phox) and p47(phox), ERK, AKT1, AKT2, but not AKT3...
- Glut4 storage vesicles without Glut4: transcriptional regulation of insulin-dependent vesicular trafficDanielle N Gross
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, MA 02118, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:7151-62. 2004..of the insulin receptor-signaling pathway (the insulin receptor, IRS-1, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, and Akt2) at levels comparable to those in responsive cell lines...
- Ribozymes targeting serine/threonine kinase Akt1 sensitize cells to anticancer drugsMiyako Yanagihara
Department of Bioinformatics, Faculty of Engineering, Soka University, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 8577, Japan
Cancer Sci 96:620-6. 2005..Three isoforms of Akt have been found: Akt1/PKBalpha, Akt2/PKBbeta and Akt3/PKBgamma...
- Contraction regulation of Akt in rat skeletal muscleKei Sakamoto
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center and the Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 277:11910-7. 2002..phosphorylation, contraction in situ significantly increased the activity of all three Akt isoforms (Akt1 > Akt2 > Akt3) with maximal activation occurring at 2.5 min and returning to base line with 15 min of contraction...
- Crosstalk between PTEN/Akt2 and TGFbeta signaling involving EGF receptor down-regulation during the tumor promotion process from the early stage in a rat two-stage hepatocarcinogenesis modelEriko Taniai
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 100:813-20. 2009..of the promoting chemicals used, enhanced down-regulation of PTEN and up-regulation of phosphorylated (active) Akt2 and phosphorylated substrate(s) of Akt-kinase activity...
- Determination of transmembrane topology of an inward-rectifying potassium channel from Arabidopsis thaliana based on functional expression in Escherichia coliN Uozumi
BioScience Center, Nagoya University, Nagoya, 464 8601, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:9773-8. 1998We report here that the inward-rectifying potassium channels KAT1 and AKT2 were functionally expressed in K+ uptake-deficient Escherichia coli. Immunological assays showed that KAT1 was translocated into the cell membrane of E. coli...
- Contraction regulates site-specific phosphorylation of TBC1D1 in skeletal muscleKanokwan Vichaiwong
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, U S A
Biochem J 431:311-20. 2010..one predicted Akt phosphorylation site (Thr590) in control mice, AMPKα2 inactive transgenic mice (AMPKα2i TG) and Akt2-knockout mice (Akt2 KO)...
- Regulation of Akt mRNA and protein levels by glycogen synthase kinase-3beta in adrenal chromaffin cells: effects of LiCl and SB216763Takayuki Nemoto
Department of Pharmacology, Miyazaki Medical College, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 586:82-9. 2008In cultured bovine adrenal chromaffin cells, where Akt1 is the predominant isoform over Akt2 and Akt3, chronic (> or =12 h) treatment with 1-20 mM LiCl, an inhibitor of glycogen synthase kinase-3, decreased Akt1 level by approximately 52% ..
- Akt kinases and 2-deoxyglucose uptake in rat skeletal muscles in vivo: study with insulin and exerciseJ Turinsky
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
Am J Physiol 276:R277-82. 1999Activities of Akt1, Akt2, and Akt3 kinases and glucose uptake in hindlimb muscles of the rat in vivo were investigated. The rats were studied either after intravenous injection of 0...
- Regulation of gastric acid secretion by PKB/Akt2Anand Rotte
Department of Physiology, University of Tubingen, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 25:695-704. 2010..hypothesis, gastric acid secretion was determined in isolated glands from gene targeted mice lacking functional Akt2 (akt2(-/-)) or from their wild type littermates (akt2(+/+))...
- Lipodystrophies: disorders of adipose tissue biologyAbhimanyu Garg
Division of Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Center for Human Nutrition, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1791:507-13. 2009..A/C (LMNA), peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARG), v-AKT murine thymoma oncogene homolog 2 (AKT2) and zinc metalloprotease (ZMPSTE24), have been identified...
- SH2-containing inositol phosphatase 2 predominantly regulates Akt2, and not Akt1, phosphorylation at the plasma membrane in response to insulin in 3T3-L1 adipocytesToshiyasu Sasaoka
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and First Department of Internal Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:14835-43. 2004..In this regard, following insulin stimulation, a proportion of Akt2, and not Akt1, appeared to redistribute from the cytosol to the PM...
- High prevalence of PIK3CA/AKT pathway mutations in papillary neoplasms of the breastMegan L Troxell
Department of Pathology, Knight Cancer Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Mod Pathol 23:27-37. 2010..PIK3CA and AKT1 mutations using mass spectrometry; cases that were negative were further screened for mutations in AKT2, BRAF, CDK, EGFR, ERBB2, KRAS, NRAS, and HRAS. Mutations were confirmed by sequencing or HPLC assay...
- Strain-induced proliferation requires the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKT/glycogen synthase kinase pathwayChristopher P Gayer
Department of Surgery, John D Dingell Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan 48301, USA
J Biol Chem 284:2001-11. 2009..Strain MAPK activation required PI3K but not AKT. AKT isoform-specific siRNA transfection demonstrated that AKT2 but not AKT1 is required for GSK-3beta phosphorylation and the strain mitogenic effect...
- Clinical characteristics and efficacy of pioglitazone in a Japanese diabetic patient with an unusual type of familial partial lipodystrophyMasanori Iwanishi
Diabetes and Endocrine Division, Kusatsu General Hospital 1660 Yabase, Kusatsu, Shiga 525 8585, Japan
Metabolism 58:1681-7. 2009..Sequencing of candidate genes LMNA, PPARG, AKT2, caveolin-1, as well as the PPARG4 promoter gene, which are known to be associated with familial partial ..
- Insertional mutagenesis and cloning of the genes required for biosynthesis of the host-specific AK-toxin in the Japanese pear pathotype of Alternaria alternataA Tanaka
Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Japan
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 12:691-702. 1999..One, designated AKT1, encodes a member of the class of carboxyl-activating enzymes. The other, AKT2, encodes a protein of unknown function...
- Recurrent chromosomal rearrangements implicate oncogenes contributing to T-cell lymphomagenesis in Lck-MyrAkt2 transgenic miceRoman A Timakhov
Human Genetics Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 48:786-94. 2009..We hypothesized that constitutive activation of Akt2 could serve as a first hit for the clonal expansion of malignant T-cells by promoting cell survival and genomic ..
- Scoparia dulcis (SDF7) endowed with glucose uptake properties on L6 myotubes compared insulinJoo Ee Beh
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
J Ethnopharmacol 129:23-33. 2010..e., IRS-1, PI 3-kinase, PKB/Akt2, PKC and TC 10) in L6 myotubes compared to insulin.
- Pinoresinol-4,4'-di-O-beta-D-glucoside from Valeriana officinalis root stimulates calcium mobilization and chemotactic migration of mouse embryo fibroblastsKee Hun Do
Department of Pharmacology and MRC for Ischemic Tissue Regeneration and Medical Research Institute, School of Medicine, Pusan National University, Busan 602 739, Republic of Korea
Phytomedicine 16:530-7. 2009..Cells lacking downstream mediator of PI3K such as Akt1 and Akt2 (DKO cells) showed loss of PDG-induced migration...
- [Insulin resistance enhanced the response of the ovary]Jing Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, First Affiliated Hospital, Heilongjiang University of Chinese Medicine, Harbin 150040, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:2611-5. 2009To search for the role of impaired insulin signaling in the ovary reproductive failure and abnormal metabolic profiles in the AKT2- mouse.
- Sin1-mTORC2 suppresses rag and il7r gene expression through Akt2 in B cellsAdam S Lazorchak
Department of Immunobiology, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Mol Cell 39:433-43. 2010..We further show that Akt2 specifically mediates the Sin1-mTORC2 dependent suppression of il7r and rag gene expression in B cells by ..
- Molecular and genetic studies imply Akt-mediated signaling promotes protein kinase CbetaII alternative splicing via phosphorylation of serine/arginine-rich splicing factor SRp40Niketa A Patel
Department of Biochemistry, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Biol Chem 280:14302-9. 2005..C., and Cooper, D. C. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 22648-22654). Transient transfection of constitutively active Akt2 kinase promotes PKCbetaII exon inclusion...
- Tumor necrosis factor-like weak inducer of apoptosis stimulation of glioma cell survival is dependent on Akt2 functionShannon P Fortin
Cancer and Cell Biology Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Mol Cancer Res 7:1871-81. 2009..TWEAK stimulation results in the phosphorylation of both Akt1 and Akt2. However, small interfering RNA (siRNA)-mediated depletion of either Akt1 or Akt2 showed that BAD serine 136 ..
- Akt2 mRNA is highly expressed in embryonic brown fat and the AKT2 kinase is activated by insulinD A Altomare
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Oncogene 16:2407-11. 1998b>Akt2 encodes a protein-serine/threonine kinase containing a pleckstrin homology domain characteristic of many signaling molecules...
- Transcriptional recapitulation and subversion of embryonic colon development by mouse colon tumor models and human colon cancerSergio Kaiser
Biomedical Informatics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Genome Biol 8:R131. 2007..5-18.5...
- In planta AKT2 subunits constitute a pH- and Ca2+-sensitive inward rectifying K+ channelAndreas Latz
Department of Molecular Plant Physiology and Biophysics, Julius von Sachs Institute of Biosciences, University of Wuerzburg, Julius von Sachs Platz 2, 97082 Wuerzburg, Germany
Planta 225:1179-91. 2007..When expressed in Xenopus oocytes and COS cells the Arabidopsis Shaker-like K+ channel, AKT2 forms a weakly voltage-dependent channel, blocked by Ca2+ and protons...
- Combined silencing of K-ras and Akt2 oncogenes achieves synergistic effects in inhibiting pancreatic cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivoX H Shi
Department of Pathology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Cancer Gene Ther 16:227-36. 2009..was to investigate whether synergistic effects can be achieved by combined silencing of two oncogenes, K-ras and Akt2, which are key players in the Ras/MAPK and PI3K/Akt signaling pathways...
- Akt2 and SGK3 are both determinants of postnatal hair follicle developmentTheodora M Mauro
Department of Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94107 2140, USA
FASEB J 23:3193-202. 2009..However, this developmental abnormality is not recapitulated in mice lacking closely related kinases Akt1, Akt2, or Akt3...
- Akt1 in murine chondrocytes controls cartilage calcification during endochondral ossification under physiologic and pathologic conditionsAtsushi Fukai
University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 62:826-36. 2010..To examine the role of the phosphoinositide-dependent serine/threonine protein kinase Akt1 in chondrocytes during endochondral ossification...
- Akt1/Akt2 and mammalian target of rapamycin/Bim play critical roles in osteoclast differentiation and survival, respectively, whereas Akt is dispensable for cell survival in isolated osteoclast precursorsToshifumi Sugatani
Department of Pediatrics, Cell and Molecular Biology Unit, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 280:3583-9. 2005..Here we show that Akt1/Akt2 play a critical role in osteoclast differentiation but not cell survival and that mammalian target of rapamycin (..
- Aldosterone regulation of intestinal Na absorption involves SGK-mediated changes in NHE3 and Na+ pump activityMark W Musch
Univ of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 295:G909-19. 2008..Although aldosterone activated Akt2 and serum glucorticoid kinase-1 (SGK-1), the latter through stimulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K), ..
- Dwarfism, impaired skin development, skeletal muscle atrophy, delayed bone development, and impeded adipogenesis in mice lacking Akt1 and Akt2Xiao ding Peng
Department of Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Genes Dev 17:1352-65. 2003To elucidate the functions of the serine/threonine kinase Akt/PKB in vivo, we generated mice lacking both akt1 and akt2 genes. Akt1/Akt2 double-knockout (DKO) mice exhibit severe growth deficiency and die shortly after birth...
- Molecular alterations in AKT1, AKT2 and AKT3 detected in breast and prostatic cancer by FISHTove Kirkegaard
Division of Cancer Sciences and Molecular Pathology, Department of Surgery, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Histopathology 56:203-11. 2010..There are three mammalian AKT isoforms located on chromosomes 14, 19 and 1, respectively. The aim of the study was to investigate genetic alterations of AKT in breast and prostatic cancers using fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH)...
- An experimental study on the antitumor effect of 131I-17-AAG in vitro and in vivoTu Wenyong
Nuclear Medicine Technology Institution, School of Clinical Medicine, Southeast University, No 87 Dingjia Qiao Road 210009 Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Ann Nucl Med 23:113-22. 2009..To observe the antitumor effect of (131)I-17-allylamino-17-demethoxygeldanamycin ((131)I-17-AAG) in vitro/in vivo and explore its antitumor mechanism with a view to its potential therapeutic application...
- Serine/threonine kinase akt activation regulates the activity of retinal serine/threonine phosphatases, PHLPP and PHLPPLYogita Kanan
Departments of Ophthalmology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
J Neurochem 113:477-88. 2010..This pathway is functionally important for photoreceptor survival as deletion of IR and one of the isoforms of Akt (Akt2) resulted in stress-induced photoreceptor degeneration...
- Akt1 ablation inhibits, whereas Akt2 ablation accelerates, the development of mammary adenocarcinomas in mouse mammary tumor virus (MMTV)-ErbB2/neu and MMTV-polyoma middle T transgenic miceIoanna G Maroulakou
Molecular Oncology Research Institute and Department of Pathology, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Cancer Res 67:167-77. 2007..The effects of ablation of Akt1, Akt2, and Akt3 on the induction and the biology of these tumors were dramatically different, with ablation of Akt1 ..
- Comparative genomic hybridization of cancer of the gastroesophageal junction: deletion of 14Q31-32.1 discriminates between esophageal (Barrett's) and gastric cardia adenocarcinomasH van Dekken
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Rotterdam, Erasmus University, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 59:748-52. 1999..1 (NRASL3), 7p12 (EGFR), 8q23-24.1 (MYC), 12q21.1, 15q25 (IGF1R), 17q12-21 (ERBB2/HER2-neu), 19q13.1 (TGFB1, BCL3, AKT2), 20p12 (PCNA), 20q12-13 (MYBL2, PTPN1), and Xq25...
- Phase II evaluation of imatinib mesylate in the treatment of recurrent or persistent epithelial ovarian or primary peritoneal carcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group StudyRussell J Schilder
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:3418-25. 2008..The association between the expression of certain markers and clinical outcome was investigated...
- Tirucallic acids are novel pleckstrin homology domain-dependent Akt inhibitors inducing apoptosis in prostate cancer cellsAydee C Estrada
Institute of Pharmacology of Natural Products and Clinical Pharmacology, Ulm University, Helmholtzstrasse 20, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 77:378-87. 2010..We found that the human prostate cancer cell lines LNCaP and PC-3 express predominantly Akt1 and Akt2. Selective down-regulation of Akt1, but not Akt2, by short-hairpin RNA reduced the viability of prostate cancer ..
- AKT1, AKT2 and AKT3-dependent cell survival is cell line-specific and knockdown of all three isoforms selectively induces apoptosis in 20 human tumor cell linesSandra Koseoglu
Department of Tumor Biology, Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 6:755-62. 2007..Conversely, in IGROV1 cells, AKT2 plays a major role in cell proliferation, but no single isoform is essential for cell survival...
- Relevance of breast cancer antiestrogen resistance genes in human breast cancer progression and tamoxifen resistanceTon van Agthoven
Department of Pathology, Cancer Genomics Center, Josephine Nefkens Institute, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 27:542-9. 2009..Here, we explored whether these BCAR genes provide predictive value for tamoxifen resistance and prognostic information for tumor aggressiveness in breast cancer patients...
- Control of muscle mitochondria by insulin entails activation of Akt2-mtNOS pathway: implications for the metabolic syndromePaola Finocchietto
Laboratory of Oxygen Metabolism, University Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
PLoS ONE 3:e1749. 2008..We wondered whether insulin-operated signaling pathways modulate mitochondrial respiration via NO, to alternatively release complete glucose oxidation to CO(2) and H(2)O or to drive glucose storage to glycogen...
- Modest PGC-1alpha overexpression in muscle in vivo is sufficient to increase insulin sensitivity and palmitate oxidation in subsarcolemmal, not intermyofibrillar, mitochondriaCarley R Benton
Departments of Kinesiology and Biology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1, Canada
J Biol Chem 283:4228-40. 2008..proteins (COXIV and mTFA) but not with insulin-signaling proteins (phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, IRS-1, and Akt2), nor with 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase, alpha2 subunit, and HSL...
- Autotaxin signaling via lysophosphatidic acid receptors contributes to vascular endothelial growth factor-induced endothelial cell migrationMalgorzata M Ptaszynska
Laboratory of Pathology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 1500, USA
Mol Cancer Res 8:309-21. 2010..Furthermore, ATX knockdown decreased Akt2 mRNA levels, whereas LPA treatment strongly stimulated Akt2 expression...
- Akt1 and Akt2 differently regulate muscle creatine kinase and myogenin gene transcription in insulin-induced differentiation of C2C12 myoblastsSatoru Sumitani
Department of Molecular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine C 4, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Endocrinology 143:820-8. 2002..suppressed MCK gene transcription without affecting myogenin gene transcription, whereas heterologous expression of Akt2 increased myogenin and MCK gene transcription...
- A microarray analysis of retinal transcripts that are controlled by image contrast in miceChristine Brand
Section for Neurobiology of the Eye, University Eye Hospital Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Mol Vis 13:920-32. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the changes in retinal mRNA expression after different periods of visual deprivation in mice, while controlling for retinal illuminance...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of changes in signaling pathway activation downstream of growth factor receptors in pancreatic duct cell carcinogenesisNhu An Pham
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
BMC Cancer 8:43. 2008..This study was performed to gain a better understanding of the abnormal signaling that occurs in PDAC compared with normal duct epithelia...
- Cell invasion of Yersinia pseudotuberculosis by invasin and YadA requires protein kinase C, phospholipase C-gamma1 and Akt kinaseFrank Uliczka
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Technische Universitat Braunschweig, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Cell Microbiol 11:1782-801. 2009..phospholipase C-gamma (PLC-gamma)1 by pharmaceutical agents as well as reduced expression of the isoforms Akt1 and Akt2, and of PLC-gamma1 by RNA interference decreased entry of YadA- and Inv-expressing bacteria significantly...
- Isolation of AtSUC2 promoter-GFP-marked companion cells for patch-clamp studies and expression profilingNatalya Ivashikina
Lehrstuhl für Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie und Biophysik, Julius von Sachs Institut fur Biowissenschaften, Universitat Wurzburg, Julius von Sachs Platz 2, 97082 Wurzburg, Germany
Plant J 36:931-45. 2003..Although we used primers for all members of the Shaker K+ channel family, we identified only AKT2, KAT1 and KCO6 transcripts...
- Targeted molecular therapy of the PI3K pathway: therapeutic significance of PI3K subunit targeting in colorectal carcinomaPiotr G Rychahou
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Ann Surg 243:833-42; discussion 843-4. 2006..of distribution of PI3K pathway components (ie, the p85alpha regulatory subunit, p110alpha catalytic subunit, Akt1, Akt2, and the tumor suppressor PTEN) in human colorectal cancer...
- Preventing the calorie restriction-induced increase in insulin-stimulated Akt2 phosphorylation eliminates calorie restriction's effect on glucose uptake in skeletal muscleNaveen Sharma
Muscle Biology Laboratory, School of Kinesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2214, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1822:1735-40. 2012..Previous research using Akt2-null mice demonstrated that Akt2 is essential for the full CR-effect on insulin-stimulated glucose uptake by muscle...
- The association of PI3 kinase signaling and chemoresistance in advanced ovarian cancerCraig P Carden
Cancer Research UK Cancer Therapeutics Unit, Division of Cancer Therapeutic, The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, United Kingdom
Mol Cancer Ther 11:1609-17. 2012..In addition, PIK3CA and AKT2 amplifications and PTEN deletions were analyzed by FISH...
- Multiple genetic alterations within the PI3K pathway are responsible for AKT activation in patients with ovarian carcinomaCarmela De Marco
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, University Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e55362. 2013..less frequent alterations comprise the loss of PTEN (24/89, 27%) and the overexpression of AKT1 (18/96, 19%) or AKT2 (11/88,12.5%)...
- Perifosine-mediated Akt inhibition in neuroendocrine tumor cells: role of specific Akt isoformsKathrin Zitzmann
Department of Internal Medicine II, University Hospital Munich Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 19:423-34. 2012..To further investigate the role of individual Akt isoforms for NET cell function, we specifically blocked Akt1, Akt2, and Akt3 via siRNA transfection...
- The effect Akt2 deletion on tumor development in Pten(+/-) miceP Z Xu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Oncogene 31:518-26. 2012..Here, we analyzed the effect of Akt2 deficiency on the incidence of tumors in Pten(+/-) mice...
- Anti-tumor efficacy of naked siRNAs for ERBB3 or AKT2 against lung adenocarcinoma cell xenograftsGunamani Sithanandam
Basic Science Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, Frederick, MD, USA
Int J Cancer 130:251-8. 2012..cells are markedly suppressed in culture by siRNAs to the receptor ERBB3 or its downstream signaling partner AKT2. We now demonstrate that naked, unformulated siRNAs to ERBB3 or AKT2, administered i.v...
- Insulin Signaling and the Heart in DiabetesEVAN DALE ABEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Receptors in cardiomyocytes, (b) deletion of PDK1 expression in cardiomyocytes, (c) combined deletion of Akt1 and Akt2 in cardiomyocytes and (d) inducible expression of Akt1...
- AKT2 FUNCTION AND ONCOGENIC ACTIVITYJOSEPH TESTA; Fiscal Year: 2001..adapted from the investigator's abstract) The applicants previously reported amplification/overexpression of the AKT2 oncogene in 10%-20% of human pancreatic and ovarian carcinomas, whereas alterations of the related gene, AKT1, are ..
- Akt, cellular senescence, and lifespanNissim Hay; Fiscal Year: 2010..The mouse has three Akt isoforms encoded by distinct genes (aktl, akt2, and akt3)...
- Akt, cellular senescence, and lifespanNissim Hay; Fiscal Year: 2007..The mouse has three Akt isoforms encoded by distinct genes (aktl, akt2, and akt3)...
- ALTERED CARDIAC MYOCYTE SIGNALING IN DIABETIC MYOCARDIUM AND FUNCTIONAL SEQUELAEANTHONY MUSLIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..is dependent on the activation of an intracellular signaling pathway that stimulates the serine/threonine kinase Akt2, leading to increased glucose uptake, glucose oxidation and glycogen synthesis...
- ALTERED CARDIAC MYOCYTE SIGNALING IN DIABETIC MYOCARDIUM AND FUNCTIONAL SEQUELAEANTHONY JUSTIN MUSLIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..is dependent on the activation of an intracellular signaling pathway that stimulates the serine/threonine kinase Akt2, leading to increased glucose uptake, glucose oxidation and glycogen synthesis...
- Structure Based Discovery of AKT InhibitorsRobert Glazer; Fiscal Year: 2003..Expression of wild-type PTEN in human tumor cell lines or an AKT2 antisense cDNA in a human pancreatic carc/noma xenograft dramatically reduced cell and tumor growth, respectively, ..
- Insulin Action in Muscle & Fat CellJohn Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aim 3 is to investigate the potential interactions between betaip140 and PKBbeta, to define the mechanisms controlling betaip140 phosphorylation, and to determine the role of betaip140 in ..
- Signaling Mechanism of Platelet Glycoprotein Ib-IXXiaoping Du; Fiscal Year: 2010..in vivo effects of 14-3-3 inhibitor on GPIb function and thrombus formation, and delineated a novel Lyn-PI3K- Akt1/Akt2-NO-cGMP signaling pathway as an early signaling mechanism leading to integrin activation and stable platelet ..
- Evaluation of a novel AKT inhibitor in ovarian cancerJiayuh Lin; Fiscal Year: 2005..The AKT protein has three isoforms AKT1 (PKBalpha), AKT2 (PKBbeta) and AKT3 (PKBgamma) that have greater than 85% sequence identity and have the same structural organization...
- THE ROLE OF THE AKT/PKB SIGNALING IN INSULIN ACTIONMORRIS JAY BIRNBAUM; Fiscal Year: 2010..The isoform specificity in hepatic metabolism is evident in liver, in that Akt2 deletion abrogates control of lipogenic gene expression, but insulin is still capable of regulating the genes ..
- Role of IGF-I Receptor Signaling Pathways in Cell Survival and MigrationHANNA IRIE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Akt1 was observed to suppress IGF-I- and EGF-stimulated migration whereas Akt2 is required for migration...
- Effect of preimplantation embryo culture on adult glucose homeostasisPaolo Rinaudo; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, txnip is involved in the regulation of peripheral glucose metabolism via downregulation of AKT2/PKB2 pathway and is associated with decreased pancreatic beta cell mass...
- Akt-regulated pathways in platelet functionDonna S Woulfe; Fiscal Year: 2011..Specifically, our previous studies show that Akt2 plays a role in promoting fibrinogen binding and dense granule secretion and that Akt2 knockout mice are resistant ..
- Akt-regulated pathways in platelet functionDonna Woulfe; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specifically, our previous studies show that Akt2 plays a role in promoting fibrinogen binding and dense granule secretion and that Akt2 knockout mice are resistant ..
- Akt-regulated pathways in platelet functionDonna Woulfe; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specifically, our previous studies show that Akt2 plays a role in promoting fibrinogen binding and dense granule secretion and that Akt2 knockout mice are resistant ..
- PI 3-Kinase Isoforms and Insulin ActionC Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2006..sensitivity and longevity, and define the role of the major downstream effector Aktl in rodents and cell lines by creating and characterizing tissue specific knockout mice alone and in combination with Akt2 knockout.
- GENETIC AND METABOLIC BASIS OF FAMILIAL LIPODYSTROPHIESAbhimanyu Garg; Fiscal Year: 2007..A/C (LMNA), peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-D (PPARG), and v-AKT murine thymoma oncogene homolog 2 (AKT2) for the autosomal dominant FPL; and LMNA and zinc metalloproteinase (ZMPSTE24) for mandibuloacral dysplasia ..
- GENETIC AND METABOLIC BASIS OF FAMILIAL LIPODYSTROPHIESAbhimanyu Garg; Fiscal Year: 2009..A/C (LMNA), peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-D (PPARG), and v-AKT murine thymoma oncogene homolog 2 (AKT2) for the autosomal dominant FPL; and LMNA and zinc metalloproteinase (ZMPSTE24) for mandibuloacral dysplasia ..
- GENETIC AND METABOLIC BASIS OF FAMILIAL LIPODYSTROPHIESAbhimanyu Garg; Fiscal Year: 2010..A/C (LMNA), peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-D (PPARG), and v-AKT murine thymoma oncogene homolog 2 (AKT2) for the autosomal dominant FPL;and LMNA and zinc metalloproteinase (ZMPSTE24) for mandibuloacral dysplasia ..
- GENETIC AND METABOLIC BASIS OF FAMILIAL LIPODYSTROPHIESAbhimanyu Garg; Fiscal Year: 2010..A/C (LMNA), peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-D (PPARG), and v-AKT murine thymoma oncogene homolog 2 (AKT2) for the autosomal dominant FPL;and LMNA and zinc metalloproteinase (ZMPSTE24) for mandibuloacral dysplasia ..
- Basis for Lymphomagenesis in Akt2 Transgenic MiceJoseph Robert Testa; Fiscal Year: 2010..Multiple thymic lymphomas from a Myr-Akt2 mouse model were found to harbor a novel inversion of chromosome 6, inv(6), with breakpoints in the T-cell receptor ..
- Macrophage Akt and IKKalpha signaling in apoptosis and atherosclerosisMacrae F Linton; Fiscal Year: 2010..Two Akt isoforms are expressed in macrophages, Akt1 and Akt2, yet their relative contributions to macrophage apoptosis and atherogenesis have not been determined...
- Basis for Lymphomagenesis in Akt2 Transgenic MiceJOSEPH TESTA; Fiscal Year: 2009..Multiple thymic lymphomas from a Myr-Akt2 mouse model were found to harbor a novel inversion of chromosome 6, inv(6), with breakpoints in the T-cell receptor ..
- Novel targets of rapamycin and Akt in vascular smooth muscle cell differentiationKATHLEEN ANN MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have found that rapamycin inhibition of the mTOR effector S6K1, and the resulting activation of Akt2 is necessary for this effect. Surprisingly, Akt1 inhibited VSMC differentiation...
- Molecular dissection of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaBrian Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2009..Activating mutations in the KRAS2 oncogene, amplification of the AKT2 oncogene, and loss of the TP53, INK4A, and MADH4 tumor suppressor genes, commonly occur in this disease...
- THE ROLE OF THE AKT/PKB SIGNALING IN INSULIN ACTIONMorris Birnbaum; Fiscal Year: 2009..Recent work has shown that mice deficient in Akt2/PKBbeta mimic several features of diabetes, including insulin resistance in liver, muscle and adipose tissue...
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF APOPROTEIN B DEGRADATIONEdward Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2006..combined hyperlipidemia (and which has increased hepatic antioxidant levels) and one of insulin resistance (the Akt2 KO mouse). Aim 3 is to determine the factors regulating the ER-exit of apoB-containing lipoproteins...
- Basis for Lymphomagenesis in Akt2 Transgenic MiceJoseph Robert Testa; Fiscal Year: 2011..Multiple thymic lymphomas from a Myr-Akt2 mouse model were found to harbor a novel inversion of chromosome 6, inv(6), with breakpoints in the T-cell receptor ..
- Dissecting Glioma Genesis through a Glial-Specific Mouse ModelWEI contact ZHANG; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific aim 2. To determine which of the three Akt family members (Akt1, Akt2, and Akt3) is most important for glioma development and progression. Specific aim 3...
- The role of Akt in platelet signaling and thrombosisDonna Woulfe; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the following 3 Specific Aims, this proposal will test the hypothesis that Akt1 and Akt2 play a critical role in the signaling pathways that lead to platelet aggregation and stabilization of the platelet ..
- MAP Kinase and AKT Signaling in Congestive Heart FailureANTHONY MUSLIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Although Akt1 and Akt2 are highly homologous and are expressed at near-equal amounts in cardiac myocytes, we hypothesize that Akt1 ..
- MAP Kinase and AKT Signaling in Congestive Heart FailureANTHONY MUSLIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Although Akt1 and Akt2 are highly homologous and are expressed at near-equal amounts in cardiac myocytes, we hypothesize that Akt1 ..
- Targeted Intervention of Breast Oncogenic PathwaysSaid M Sebti; Fiscal Year: 2010..proteins whose knockdown sensitizes breast cancer cells to the knock down of the three Akt isoforms, Akt1, Akt2 or Akt3, 3) To determine if inactivation of Akt by TCN sensitizes human breast tumors to cytotoxic and anti-..