Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AKR1C3
Description: aldo-keto reductase family 1 member C3
Alias: DD3, DDX, HA1753, HAKRB, HAKRe, HSD17B5, PGFS, hluPGFS, aldo-keto reductase family 1 member C3, 3-alpha hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, type II, 3-alpha-HSD type II, brain, chlordecone reductase homolog HAKRb, dihydrodiol dehydrogenase 3, dihydrodiol dehydrogenase X, indanol dehydrogenase, prostaglandin F synthase, testosterone 17-beta-dehydrogenase 5, trans-1,2-dihydrobenzene-1,2-diol dehydrogenase, type IIb 3-alpha hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase
Publications209 found, 100 shown here
- DD3PCA3 RNA analysis in urine--a new perspective for detecting prostate cancerMartina Tinzl
Department of Urology University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Eur Urol 46:182-6; discussion 187. 2004Serum tPSA lacks specificity. The DD3(PCA3) gene is highly specific for prostate cancer and is detectable in prostate cancer cells shed into urine after rectal palpation...
- Suppressed expression of type 2 3alpha/type 5 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (AKR1C3) in endometrial hyperplasia and carcinomaVladislav Zakharov
Department of Pathology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 3:608-17. 2010..Type 2 3alpha-/type 5 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD) (AKR1C3) is a multifunctional enzyme involved in androgen, estrogen, progesterone, and pros-taglandin metabolism...
- Naturally occurring variants of human aldo-keto reductases with reduced in vitro metabolism of daunorubicin and doxorubicinOnkar S Bains
Division of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 335:533-45. 2010..wild-type counterparts: the A106T, R170C, and P180S variants significantly reduced metabolism compared with the AKR1C3 wild-type (V(max), 23-47% decrease; k(cat), 22-47%; k(cat)/K(m), 38-44%); the L311V variant of AKR1C4 ..
- The aldo-keto reductase AKR1C3 contributes to 7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene-3,4-dihydrodiol mediated oxidative DNA damage in myeloid cells: implications for leukemogenesisJane Birtwistle
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Mutat Res 662:67-74. 2009The aldo-keto reductase AKR1C3, has been shown to regulate myelopoiesis via its ability to metabolise prostaglandin D2 (PGD2)...
- Variation in genes encoding the neuroactive steroid synthetic enzymes 5α-reductase type 1 and 3α-reductase type 2 is associated with alcohol dependenceVerica Milivojevic
Graduate Program in Neuroscience, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 35:946-52. 2011....
- Localization of cyclooxygenases-1 and -2, and prostaglandin F synthase in human kidney and renal cell carcinomaMadoka Sakurai
Division of Life Science, Graduate School of Integrated Science and Art, University of East Asia, 2 1 Ichinomiya gakuencho, Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi 751 8503, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 338:82-6. 2005....
- Structural basis of the multispecificity demonstrated by 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase types 1 and 5S X Lin
Molecular Endocrinology Research Center at Laval University Hospital Research Center CHUL, CHUQ, Laval University, Que, Canada G1V 4G2
Mol Cell Endocrinol 248:38-46. 2006..Type 5 17beta-HSD (AKR1C3) differs significantly from the type 1 enzyme by possessing a spacious and flexible steroid-binding site...
- Substrate specificity, gene structure, and tissue-specific distribution of multiple human 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenasesM Khanna
Department of Pediatrics, Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 270:20162-8. 1995..The type I gene contains a TATA box that is located 27 bp upstream of multiple transcription start sites. In contrast, the type II gene contains two tandem AP2 sequences juxtaposed to a single transcription start site...
- Expression and characterization of recombinant type 2 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD) from human prostate: demonstration of bifunctional 3 alpha/17 beta-HSD activity and cellular distributionH K Lin
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6084, USA
Mol Endocrinol 11:1971-84. 1997..This study is the first complete characterization of recombinant type 2 3alpha-HSD demonstrating dual activity and cellular distribution in the human prostate...
- Identification of a principal mRNA species for human 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isoform (AKR1C3) that exhibits high prostaglandin D2 11-ketoreductase activityK Matsuura
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Gifu, 502 8585, Japan
J Biochem 124:940-6. 1998..The properties of AKR1C3 have not been fully characterized compared to the other isoforms...
- Characteristics of a highly labile human type 5 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenaseI Dufort
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Center and Laval University, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Endocrinology 140:568-74. 1999....
- cDNA cloning, expression and characterization of human prostaglandin F synthaseT Suzuki-Yamamoto
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, School of Medicine, The University of Tokushima, Kuramoto, Japan
FEBS Lett 462:335-40. 1999A cDNA clone of prostaglandin F synthase (PGFS) was isolated from human lung by using cDNA of bovine lung-type PGFS as a probe and its protein expressed in Escherichia coli was purified to apparent homogeneity...
- Structure-function aspects and inhibitor design of type 5 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (AKR1C3)T M Penning
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3620 Hamilton Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6084, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 171:137-49. 2001..and is identical to type 2 3alpha-HSD and is a member of the aldo-keto reductase (AKR) superfamily; it is formally AKR1C3. In vitro the homogeneous recombinant enzyme expressed in Escherichia coli functions as a 3-keto-, 17-keto- and 20-..
- AKR1C1 and AKR1C3 may determine progesterone and estrogen ratios in endometrial cancerTea Lanisnik Rizner
Institute of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Vrazov trg 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Mol Cell Endocrinol 248:126-35. 2006..We next examined the expression of AKR1C1 and AKR1C3 (type 5 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase) in 16 paired specimens of endometrial cancer and adjacent normal ..
- Increased expression of type 2 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/type 5 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (AKR1C3) and its relationship with androgen receptor in prostate carcinomaK M Fung
Department of Urology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 920 Stanton L Young Blvd, WP3150, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 13:169-80. 2006..3alpha-HSD was cloned from human prostate, is a member of the aldo-keto reductase (AKR) superfamily and was named AKR1C3. In androgen target tissues such as the prostate, AKR1C3 catalyzes the conversion of Delta(4)-androstene-3,17-..
- AKR1C2 and AKR1C3 mediated prostaglandin D2 metabolism augments the PI3K/Akt proliferative signaling pathway in human prostate cancer cellsShaobin Wang
Department of Urology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, United States
Mol Cell Endocrinol 289:60-6. 2008..b>AKR1C3 possesses 11-ketoprostaglandin reductase activity and is capable of converting PGD2 to 9alpha, 11beta-PGF2alpha, ..
- Tissue distribution of human AKR1C3 and rat homolog in the adult genitourinary systemJoseph Azzarello
Department of Urology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 800 Research Parkway, Room 462, Oklahoma City, OK 73034, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 56:853-61. 2008..b>AKR1C3 is therefore implicated in regulating ligand access to the androgen receptor, estrogen receptor, and peroxisome ..
- AKR1C3 as a potential target for the inhibitory effect of dietary flavonoidsLucie Skarydová
Department of Biochemical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, Charles University, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Chem Biol Interact 178:138-44. 2009b>AKR1C3 (also known as 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 5 or 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2) functions as a 3-keto, 17-keto and 20-ketosteroid reductase and as a 3alpha-, 17beta- and 20alpha-hydroxysteroid oxidase...
- Aldo-keto reductase 1C subfamily genes in skin are UV-inducible: possible role in keratinocytes survivalYARI E MARIN
The Johnson and Johnson Skin Research Center, CPPW, a Unit of Johnson and Johnson Consumer Companies Inc, Skillman, NJ 08558, USA
Exp Dermatol 18:611-8. 2009..AKR1C1 and AKR1C2 inactivate progesterone and 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone, respectively, whereas AKR1C3 activates oestradiol and testosterone...
- AKR1C isoforms represent a novel cellular target for jasmonates alongside their mitochondrial-mediated effectsNicholas J Davies
College of Life and Environmental Sciences, School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 69:4769-75. 2009..Although JA is the more potent inhibitor of recombinant AKR1C proteins, including the in vitro prostaglandin F synthase activity of AKR1C3, MeJ displayed greater potency in cellular systems that was, at least in part, due to ..
- Aldo-keto reductase 1C3 expression in MCF-7 cells reveals roles in steroid hormone and prostaglandin metabolism that may explain its over-expression in breast cancerMichael C Byrns
Centers of Excellence in Environmental Toxicology and Cancer Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 130C John Morgan Bldg, 3620 Hamilton Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6084, United States
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 118:177-87. 2010Aldo-keto reductase (AKR) 1C3 (type 5 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and prostaglandin F synthase), may stimulate proliferation via steroid hormone and prostaglandin (PG) metabolism in the breast...
- Evidence of limited contributions for intratumoral steroidogenesis in prostate cancerJohannes Hofland
Departments of Internal Medicine, Urology, and Pathology, Erasmus MC, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 70:1256-64. 2010..Enzymes that convert androstenedione to testosterone (AKR1C3) and testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT; SRD5A1) were abundantly expressed...
- Expression of AKR1C3 in renal cell carcinoma, papillary urothelial carcinoma, and Wilms' tumorJoseph T Azzarello
Department of Urology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 3:147-55. 2009..b>AKR1C3 was initially identified as an enzyme involved in steroid metabolism...
- The bioreductive prodrug PR-104A is activated under aerobic conditions by human aldo-keto reductase 1C3Christopher P Guise
Auckland Cancer Society Research Centre, School of Medical Sciences, The University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Cancer Res 70:1573-84. 2010..Plasmid-based expression of candidate genes identified aldo-keto reductase 1C3 as a novel nitroreductase. AKR1C3 protein was detected by Western blot in 7 of 23 cell lines and correlated with oxic PR-104A metabolism, an ..
- Steroidogenic enzymes and stem cell markers are upregulated during androgen deprivation in prostate cancerMinja J Pfeiffer
Department of Urology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Mol Med 17:657-64. 2011..The androgen receptor (AR) and enzymes (AKR1C3, HSD17B2, HSD17B3, UGT2B15 and UGT2B17 ) that are involved in the metabolism of adrenal steroids were upregulated ..
- Human 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isoforms (AKR1C1-AKR1C4) of the aldo-keto reductase superfamily: functional plasticity and tissue distribution reveals roles in the inactivation and formation of male and female sex hormonesT M Penning
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6084, USA
Biochem J 351:67-77. 2000..The enzymes correspond to type 1 3alpha-HSD (AKR1C4), type 2 3alpha(17beta)-HSD (AKR1C3), type 3 3alpha-HSD (AKR1C2) and 20alpha(3alpha)-HSD (AKR1C1), and share at least 84% amino acid sequence identity...
- Major differences exist in the function and tissue-specific expression of human aflatoxin B1 aldehyde reductase and the principal human aldo-keto reductase AKR1 family membersT O'CONNOR
Biomedical Research Centre, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY, Scotland, U K
Biochem J 343:487-504. 1999..Furthermore, both AKR7A2 and AKR1 members were expressed in renal carcinoma cells, suggesting that these groups of isoenzymes may be engaged in related physiological functions...
- Cloning and sequencing of the cDNA for rat liver 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid/dihydrodiol dehydrogenaseJ E Pawlowski
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6084
J Biol Chem 266:8820-5. 1991..3 beta-, 17 beta- or 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases but has striking homology with bovine lung prostaglandin F synthase (69% homology at the amino acid level and 74% homology at the nucleotide level) which is a member of the ..
- Expression of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases and other estrogen-metabolizing enzymes in different cancer cell linesT Smuc
Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Biochemistry, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Chem Biol Interact 178:228-33. 2009..of estrogen-metabolizing enzymes, as six SDRs (17beta-HSD types 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 12) and one AKR (17beta-HSD type 5; AKR1C3), of aromatase, steroid sulfatase (STS) and estrogen sulfotransferase (SULT1E1), and of the alpha and beta ..
- Human types 1 and 3 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases: differential lability and tissue distributionI Dufort
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Laval University Medical Center CHUL and Laval University, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:841-6. 2001....
- Comparison of long-term progestin-based protocols to synchronize estrus before fixed-time artificial insemination in beef heifersD A Mallory
Division of Animal Science, S132 Animal Sciences Research Center, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
J Anim Sci 89:1358-65. 2011..Heifers were fitted with HeatWatch (DDx Inc., Denver, CO) estrus-detection transmitters at PGF(2α) to characterize estrus distribution up to FTAI...
- Aldo-keto reductases AKR1C1, AKR1C2 and AKR1C3 may enhance progesterone metabolism in ovarian endometriosisN Hevir
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Chem Biol Interact 191:217-26. 2011..The aldo-keto reductases 1C1 and 1C3 (AKR1C1 and AKR1C3) are the major reductive 20α-HSDs, while the oxidative reaction is catalyzed by 17β-HSD type 2 (HSD17B2)...
- Androgen metabolism in adipose tissue: recent advancesKarine Blouin
Molecular Endocrinology and Oncology Research Center, Laval University Medical Research Center, Canada Department of Nutrition, Laval University, Canada
Mol Cell Endocrinol 301:97-103. 2009..Aldo-keto reductase 1C (AKR1C) enzymes, especially AKR1C2 and AKR1C3, through local synthesis and inactivation of androgens, may be involved in the fine regulation of androgen ..
- Estrogen biosynthesis in human H295 adrenocortical carcinoma cellsMoira R Nicol
Reproductive and Developmental Sciences, Centre for Reproductive Biology, University of Edinburgh, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, UK
Mol Cell Endocrinol 300:115-20. 2009..3 (Id) after treatment with both agents. The reductive type 5 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (AKR1C3) was also constitutively expressed in the H295 cells but neither its mRNA transcript nor protein levels were ..
- Progestins as inhibitors of the human 20-ketosteroid reductases, AKR1C1 and AKR1C3N Beranič
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Chem Biol Interact 191:227-33. 2011The human aldo-keto reductases 1C1 and 1C3 (AKR1C1 and AKR1C3) are important 20-ketosteroid reductases in pre-receptor regulation of progesterone action...
- Tibolone is metabolized by the 3alpha/3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activities of the four human isozymes of the aldo-keto reductase 1C subfamily: inversion of stereospecificity with a delta5(10)-3-ketosteroidStephan Steckelbroeck
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6084, USA
Mol Pharmacol 66:1702-11. 2004..Homogeneous recombinant AKR1C1, AKR1C3, and AKR1C4 gave similar catalytic profiles to those observed with 5alpha-DHT...
- Molecular cloning and expression of an abundant rabbit ovarian protein with 20 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activityW R Lacy
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine Houston, Texas 77030
Mol Endocrinol 7:58-66. 1993..Amino acid sequence data indicate a similarity to human chlordecone reductase, bovine lung prostaglandin F synthase, human aldose reductase, human aldehyde reductase, and frog lens rho-crystallin, placing rabbit ovarian ..
- Molecular cloning and characterization of mouse estradiol 17 beta-dehydrogenase (A-specific), a member of the aldoketoreductase familyY Deyashiki
Biochemistry Laboratory, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Japan
J Biol Chem 270:10461-7. 1995..with rat and rabbit 20 alpha-HSDs, rat and human 3 alpha-HSD/dihydrodiol dehydrogenases, and bovine prostaglandin F synthase, which are members of the aldoketoreductase family, but was distinct from human 17 beta-HSD and carbonyl ..
- Transcriptosome and serum cytokine profiling of an atypical case of myelodysplastic syndrome with progression to acute myelogenous leukemiaDaruka Mahadevan
University of Arizona Cancer Center, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Am J Hematol 81:779-86. 2006..profile," which included overexpression of oncogenes (HOXA9, N-MYC, KOC1), proliferative genes (PAWR, DLG5, AKR1C3), invasion/metastatic genes (FN1, N-CAM-1, ITGB5), pro-angiogenesis genes (c-Kit), and down regulation of tumor ..
- Characterization of human liver enzymes involved in the biotransformation of boceprevir, a hepatitis C virus protease inhibitorAnima Ghosal
Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Merck Research Laboratories, 2015 Galloping Hill Road, K 15 1945, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 39:510-21. 2011..Screening of boceprevir with recombinant human aldo-keto reductases (AKRs) revealed that AKR1C2 and AKR1C3 exhibited catalytic activity with respect to the formation of M+2 metabolites (M28 and M31)...
- Cloning and expression of cDNA encoding hamster liver 3-hydroxyhexobarbital/17beta(3alpha)-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1R Takenoshita
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Fukuoka University, 8 19 1 Nanakuma, Jonan ku, 814 0180, Fukuoka, Japan
Chem Biol Interact 130:863-70. 2001..dehydrogenase (DD2), human liver 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type I (DD4) and type II (DD3), and rabbit ovary 20alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase...
- Aberrant pre-receptor regulation of estrogen and progesterone action in endometrial cancerTina Smuc
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Vrazov trg 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Mol Cell Endocrinol 301:74-82. 2009..No significant gene up-regulation was seen, although aromatase, AKR1C3, a 17beta-HSD and 20alpha-HSD, and AKR1C1, the major 20alpha-HSD, were up-regulated in 50% of samples...
- Combined bezafibrate and medroxyprogesterone acetate: potential novel therapy for acute myeloid leukaemiaFarhat L Khanim
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 4:e8147. 2009..In particular, therapies that have anti-leukaemic activity but that, unlike conventional chemotherapy, do not impair normal haemopoiesis...
- cDNA cloning and expression of the human hepatic bile acid-binding protein. A member of the monomeric reductase gene familyA Stolz
Division of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90033
J Biol Chem 268:10448-57. 1993..Future studies will define the physiologic significance of this novel, multifunctional protein in bile acid transport and xenobiotic metabolism...
- Prepubertal and early adolescent bipolarity differentiate from ADHD by manic symptoms, grandiose delusions, ultra-rapid or ultradian cyclingB Geller
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, 63110, USA
J Affect Disord 51:81-91. 1998In contrast to differential diagnosis (ddx) of older adolescent and adult bipolarity (BP), which includes schizophrenia and substance use disorders, the main ddx of prepubertal and early adolescent BP is attention-deficit disorder with ..
- Regulation of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2, type 4 and type 5 by calcitriol, LXR agonist and 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone in human prostate cancer cellsJing Huan Wang
Department of Anatomy, Medical School, 33014 University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 107:100-5. 2007..TO-901317 up-regulates the expression of HSD17B5 but not that of HSD17B4...
- Genomic structure of rat 3alpha-hydroxysteroid/dihydrodiol dehydrogenase (3alpha-HSD/DD, AKR1C9)H K Lin
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6084, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 71:29-39. 1999..identical to the homologous human genes, type 1 3alpha-HSD (chlordecone reductase/DD4, AKR1C4), type 2 3alpha-HSD (AKR1C3) and type 3 3alpha-HSD (bile-acid binding protein, AKR1C2) genes...
- Disturbed estrogen and progesterone action in ovarian endometriosisTina Smuc
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Vrazov trg 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Mol Cell Endocrinol 301:59-64. 2009..sulfatase and all reductive 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases) and in progesterone inactivation (AKR1C1 and AKR1C3)...
- Clinical, biochemical, and molecular characterization of macronodular adrenocortical hyperplasia of the zona reticularis: a new syndromeHans K Ghayee
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390 8857, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:E243-50. 2011..We describe a 29-yr-old man with massive macronodular adrenocortical hyperplasia without hypercortisolemia but rather markedly elevated and nonsuppressible production of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and its sulfate (DHEAS)...
- Molecular cloning and expression of rat liver 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenaseK C Cheng
Department of Pediatrics Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York 10021
Mol Endocrinol 5:823-8. 1991..amino acid sequence of 3 alpha HSD was related to sequences of several other enzymes, including bovine prostaglandin F synthase, human chlordecone reductase, human aldose reductase, human aldehyde reductase, and frog lens epsilon-..
- Structural similarity of bovine lung prostaglandin F synthase to lens epsilon-crystallin of the European common frogK Watanabe
Hayaishi Bioinformation Transfer Project, Kyoto Laboratory, Research Development Corporation of Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:11-5. 1988..171, 297-302] and of PGF synthase show 77% identical and conservative substitutions without deletions/additions. The result suggests that European common frog lens epsilon-crystallin is identical to bovine lung PGF synthase...
- The human kidney is a progesterone-metabolizing and androgen-producing organM Quinkler
Department of Endocrinology, Klinikum Benjamin Franklin, Free University, 12200 Berlin, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:2803-9. 2003..demonstrated the expression of 5 alpha-reductase type 1, 5 beta-reductase, aldo-keto-reductase (AKR) 1C1, AKR1C2, AKR1C3, 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3 beta-HSD) type 2, and 17 alpha-hydroxylase/17,20-lyase (P450c17)...
- Impaired dihydrotestosterone catabolism in human prostate cancer: critical role of AKR1C2 as a pre-receptor regulator of androgen receptor signalingQing Ji
Department of Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 2011 Zonal Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Cancer Res 67:1361-9. 2007..LAPC-4 cells transiently transfected with AKR1C1 and AKR1C2, but not AKR1C3, were able to significantly inhibit a dose-dependent, DHT-stimulated proliferation, which was associated with a ..
- Depot-specific steroidogenic gene transcription in human adipose tissueScott M MacKenzie
BHF Glasgow Cardiovascular Research Centre, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 69:848-54. 2008....
- Development of the human adrenal zona reticularis: morphometric and immunohistochemical studies from birth to adolescenceXiao Gang Hui
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
J Endocrinol 203:241-52. 2009..Adrenal androgen synthesizing type 5 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD17B5 or AKR1C3 as listed in the Hugo Database) was almost confined to ZR of human adrenals throughout development...
- Validation of a surveillance case definition for arthritisJeffrey J Sacks
Division of Adult and Community Health DACH, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion NCCDPHP, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Rheumatol 32:340-7. 2005..To assess whether self-reports of chronic joint symptoms or doctor-diagnosed arthritis can validly identify persons with clinically verifiable arthritis...
- Role of hexagonal structure-forming lipids in diadinoxanthin and violaxanthin solubilization and de-epoxidationReimund Goss
Institute of Biology I, Plant Physiology, University of Leipzig, Johannisallee 21 23, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Biochemistry 44:4028-36. 2005..have examined the influence of different lipids on the solubility of the xanthophyll cycle pigments diadinoxanthin (Ddx) and violaxanthin (Vx) and on the efficiency of Ddx and Vx de-epoxidation by the enzymes Vx de-epoxidase (VDE) from ..
- Prostanoid production in Saccharomyces cerevisiae provides a novel assay for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugsMaged E Mohamed
School of Biological Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
FEMS Yeast Res 9:420-7. 2009..prostaglandin I synthase and thromboxane A synthase, and with Trypanosoma brucei genomic DNA encoding prostaglandin F synthase in AA-supplemented yeast cultures resulted in production of the corresponding prostanoids, prostaglandin ..
- cDNA cloning, expression, and mutagenesis study of liver-type prostaglandin F synthaseT Suzuki
Second Department, Osaka Bioscience Institute, 6 2 4 Furuedai, Suita, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:241-8. 1999..Moreover, the amino acid sequence of the liver-type PGF synthase was identical with that of bovine liver DD3. The liver-type PGF synthase was expressed in COS-7 cells, and its recombinant enzyme had almost the same ..
- Residential treatment for dually diagnosed homeless veterans: a comparison of program typesW J Kasprow
Northeast Program Evaluation Center, Department of Veterans Affairs, West Haven, USA
Am J Addict 8:34-43. 1999..SA) and those programs addressing both psychiatric disorders and substance abuse problems within the same setting (DDX) were compared on (1) program characteristics, (2) clients' perceived environment, and (3) outcomes of treatment...
- Substrate specificity of the violaxanthin de-epoxidase of the primitive green alga Mantoniella squamata (Prasinophyceae)Reimund Goss
Institut für Botanik Pflanzenphysiologie, Universitat Leipzig, Johannisallee 21 23, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Planta 217:801-12. 2003..in in vitro enzyme assays employing the following xanthophyll mono-epoxides: antheraxanthin (Ax), diadinoxanthin (Ddx), lutein-epoxide (LE), cryptoxanthin-epoxide (CxE), 9- cis neoxanthin (cNx), all- trans neoxanthin (Nx), and ..
- Vertical profile of PCDD/Fs, dioxin-like PCBs, other PCBs, PAHs, chlorobenzenes, DDX, HCHs, organotin compounds and chlorinated ethers in dated sediment/soil cores from flood-plains of the river Elbe, GermanyRainer Götz
Institut für Hygiene und Umwelt, Marckmannstr 129 b, D 20539 Hamburg, Germany
Chemosphere 67:592-603. 2007..Whereas the PCDD/Fs, HCHs (hexacyclohexane isomers), DDX (DDT, DDD, DDE), and tetrachlorinated ethers in PT and HL presumably originated predominantly from the Bitterfeld-..
- Expression of androgen receptor through androgen-converting enzymes is associated with biological aggressiveness in prostate cancerK Wako
Division of Urology, Department of Regenerative and Transplant Medicine, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
J Clin Pathol 61:448-54. 2008..The association between the expression of androgen receptor (AR) or androgen-converting enzymes and malignant potential in prostate cancer (PCa) was examined...
- A network model of a cooperative genetic landscape in brain tumorsMarkus Bredel
Department of Neurological Surgery, Northwestern Brain Tumor Institute and Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611 3015, USA
JAMA 302:261-75. 2009..A persistent question concerns the biological basis for the coselection of these alterations during gliomagenesis...
- Catalytic mechanism of the primary human prostaglandin F2α synthase, aldo-keto reductase 1B1--prostaglandin D2 synthase activity in the absence of NADP(H)Nanae Nagata
Department of Molecular Behavioral Biology, Osaka Bioscience Institute, Suita, Osaka, Japan
FEBS J 278:1288-98. 2011..In this study, we found that AKR1B1 and AKR1B3, but not AKR1B7 and AKR1C3, also catalyzed the isomerization of PGH(2) to PGD(2) in the absence of NADPH or NADP(+)...
- Molecular cloning and spatiotemporal expression of prostaglandin F synthase and microsomal prostaglandin E synthase-1 in porcine endometriumAgnieszka Waclawik
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences, 10 747 Olsztyn, Poland
Endocrinology 147:210-21. 2006..Thus, we have cloned porcine PGF synthase (PGFS) and microsomal PGE synthase-1 (mPGES-1) and characterized their expression in porcine endometrium during the ..
- Induction of AKR1C2 by phase II inducers: identification of a distal consensus antioxidant response element regulated by NRF2Huan Lou
Division of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, Department of Medicine, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Hoffman Medical Research Room 101A, 2011 Zonal Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Mol Pharmacol 69:1662-72. 2006..cells, both AKR1C2 and AKR1C1 (97% sequence homology) were induced by phase II inducers but not the highly related AKR1C3 and AKR1C4 family members (84% sequence homology)...
- Photodynamic therapy with PhotoPoint photosensitiser MV6401, indium chloride methyl pyropheophorbide, achieves selective closure of rat corneal neovascularisation and rabbit choriocapillarisT A Ciulla
Department of Ophthalmology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 89:113-9. 2005..Optimal drug and light activation parameters were determined...
- Three-dimensional structure of rat liver 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid/dihydrodiol dehydrogenase: a member of the aldo-keto reductase superfamilyS S Hoog
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6084
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:2517-21. 1994..Other members of this family include prostaglandin F synthase and rho-crystallin...
- Molecular cloning of two human liver 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid/dihydrodiol dehydrogenase isoenzymes that are identical with chlordecone reductase and bile-acid binderY Deyashiki
Biochemistry Laboratory, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Biochem J 299:545-52. 1994....
- Identification of PCA3 (DD3) in prostatic carcinoma by in situ hybridizationIon Popa
Department of Pathology, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Laval University, QC, Canada
Mod Pathol 20:1121-7. 2007..Normal glands rarely express the marker, except those located in immediate proximity of neoplastic glands, suggesting the presence of precursor molecular changes...
- Interleukin-6 regulates androgen synthesis in prostate cancer cellsJae Yeon Chun
Department of Urology, Graduate Program of Pharmacology and Toxicology, and Department of Biological Chemistry, and Cancer Center, University of California at Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:4815-22. 2009..In this study, we investigate whether IL-6 regulates intraprostatic androgen synthesis in prostate cancer cells...
- Estrogen receptor-β and fetoplacental endothelial prostanoid biosynthesis: a link to clinically demonstrated fetal growth restrictionEmily J Su
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 250 East Superior Street, Suite 05 2175, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:E1558-67. 2011..Estrogen receptors are regulators of vasomotor tone, and fetoplacental endothelium expresses estrogen receptor-β (ESR2) as its sole estrogen receptor...
- Synthesis and structure-activity relationships for 1-(4-(piperidin-1-ylsulfonyl)phenyl)pyrrolidin-2-ones as novel non-carboxylate inhibitors of the aldo-keto reductase enzyme AKR1C3Daniel M Heinrich
Auckland Cancer Society Research Centre, The University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Eur J Med Chem 62:738-44. 2013High expression of the aldo-keto reductase enzyme AKR1C3 in the human prostate and breast has implicated it in the development and progression of leukemias and of prostate and breast cancers...
- A novel fluorometric assay for aldo-keto reductase 1C3 predicts metabolic activation of the nitrogen mustard prodrug PR-104A in human leukaemia cellsStephen M F Jamieson
Auckland Cancer Society Research Centre, The University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand Maurice Wilkins Centre for Molecular Biodiscovery, The University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Biochem Pharmacol 88:36-45. 2014Aldo-keto reductase 1C3 (AKR1C3, EC 126.96.36.199) metabolises steroid hormones, prostaglandins and xenobiotics, and activates the dinitrobenzamide mustard prodrug PR-104A by reducing it to hydroxylamine PR-104H...
- Isoquinoline alkaloids as a novel type of AKR1C3 inhibitorsLucie Skarydová
Department of Biochemical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Kralove, Charles University in Prague, Heyrovskeho 1203, 500 05 Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 143:250-8. 2014b>AKR1C3 is an important human enzyme that participates in the reduction of steroids and prostaglandins, which leads to proliferative signalling...
- Understanding androgen action in adipose tissueMichael W O'Reilly
Centre for Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK Electronic address
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 143:277-84. 2014..In particular, AKR1C2 and AKR1C3 are crucial in the regulation of local androgen bioavailability within adipose tissue...
- Identification of one-electron reductases that activate both the hypoxia prodrug SN30000 and diagnostic probe EF5Jingli Wang
Auckland Cancer Society Research Centre, The University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
Biochem Pharmacol 91:436-46. 2014..forced expression of nine oxidoreductases with known or suspected roles in bioreductive prodrug metabolism (AKR1C3, CYB5R3, FDXR, MTRR, NDOR1, NOS2A, NQO1, NQO2 and POR) enhances oxic or anoxic reduction of SN30000 and EF5 by ..
- Hormone whodunit: clues for solving the case of intratumor androgen productionKaren E Knudsen
Department of Cancer Biology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Department of Urology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Department of Radiation Oncology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Clin Cancer Res 20:5343-5. 2014..New evidence points toward androstenedione as a potential precursor of intratumor androgen production and furthers nomination of AKR1C3 as a therapeutic target in advanced disease.
- Elevated expression of AKR1C3 increases resistance of cancer cells to ionizing radiation via modulation of oxidative stressWei Xiong
The State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, Beijing, China The 1st Affiliated Hospital, Peking University, Beijing, China School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, China Tangshan People s Hospital, Hebei, China
PLoS ONE 9:e111911. 2014..resistant esophageal cancer cells acquired by long-term fractionated radiation. We found AKR1C3, an aldo-keto reductase expressed seldom in most human tissues, expressed higher in radioresistance-acquired cells...
- Transcriptome-Wide Expression Profiling in Skin Fibroblasts of Patients with Joint Hypermobility Syndrome/Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Hypermobility TypeNicola Chiarelli
Department of Molecular and Translational Medicine, Division of Biology and Genetics, University of Brescia, Bres6cia, Italy
PLoS ONE 11:e0161347. 2016..g., CFD, AQP9, COLEC12, KCNQ5, PRLR), and essential for redox balance (e.g., ADH1C, AKR1C2, AKR1C3, MAOB, GSTM5)...
- Isolation and characterization of cloned cDNAs encoding human liver chlordecone reductaseC J Winters
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond 23298
Biochemistry 29:1080-7. 1990..A search of GenBank revealed significant nucleotide similarity to a cDNA coding for bovine lung prostaglandin f synthase and to a partial cDNA coding for frog lens rho-crystallin...
- Exercise improves impaired ventricular function and alterations of cardiac myofibrillar proteins in diabetic dyslipidemic pigsF Steven Korte
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, MO, USA
J Appl Physiol 98:461-7. 2005..This depression in myocardial function was improved with chronic exercise as treadmill-trained DD pigs (DDX) (n = 13) had significantly greater fractional shortening and +dP/dt than DD animals...
- Genetic analysis of the function of the plum pox virus CI RNA helicase in virus movementMarta Gómez de Cedrón
Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, Campus de la Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Virus Res 116:136-45. 2006..b>DD3,4AA mutation, which had no apparent effects on ATPase and RNA helicase activities in vitro, and on virus ..
- Structural characterization and expression studies of Dby and its homologs in the mouseQueenie P Vong
Laboratory of Clinical Genomics, NICHD NIH, MSC 4429, Bethesda, MD 20892 4429, USA
J Androl 27:653-61. 2006..This result is in accord with meiotic sex chromosome inactivation in that Dby and Ddx are replaced in pachytene spermatocytes by their autosomal retroposon...
- Regulation of the prostaglandin enzymatic system by estradiol and progesterone in nonpregnant sheep cervixQi Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the Center of Research for Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Reproduction 133:1027-34. 2007..study, we examined the in vivo effects of estradiol (E(2)) and progesterone on cyclooxygenase (COX) 2, prostaglandin F synthase (PTGFS, also known as PGFS), and membrane-associated prostaglandin E synthase 1 (mPTGES1) expression at ..
- Bioequivalence studies of tibolone in premenopausal women and effects on expression of the tibolone-metabolizing enzyme AKR1C (aldo-keto reductase) family caused by estradiolKeon W Kang
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Dankook University, San 29, Anseo Dong, Chonan Si, Choungnam 330 714, Republic of Korea
J Clin Pharmacol 48:1430-7. 2008..Estradiol increased mRNA levels of AKR1C1, AKR1C2, and AKR1C3 and protein levels of total AKR1C in HepG2 cells...
- Type 5 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (AKR1C3) contributes to testosterone production in the adrenal reticularisYasuhiro Nakamura
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:2192-8. 2009..The human adrenal gland produces small amounts of testosterone that are increased under pathological conditions. However, the mechanisms through which the adrenal gland produces testosterone are poorly defined...
- The combination of urine DD3(PCA3) mRNA and PSA mRNA as molecular markers of prostate cancerEttore Mearini
University of Perugia, Department of Medical Surgical Specialties and Public Health, Division of Urology and Andrology, Perugia, Italy
Biomarkers 14:235-43. 2009..We quantitatively detected prostate cancer specifically overexpressed genes, DD3 and PSA, in urine sediments of men suffering from prostate cancer or benign prostate hyperplasia, after prostatic ..
- Glucocorticoid-induced androgen inactivation by aldo-keto reductase 1C2 promotes adipogenesis in human preadipocytesAlain Veilleux
Endocrinology and Genomics and Dept of Food Science and Nutrition, Laval University Medical Research Center, Laval University, Quebec City, QC, Canada
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 302:E941-9. 2012..24, n = 26, P < 0.01). siRNA-induced downregulation of AKR1C2, but not AKR1C1 or AKR1C3, significantly reduced basal and glucocorticoid-induced androgen inactivation rates (P < 0.05)...
- Progestin effects on expression of AKR1C1-AKR1C3, SRD5A1 and PGR in the Z-12 endometriotic epithelial cell lineNataša Beranič
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Chem Biol Interact 202:218-25. 2013..seen for dydrogesterone and dienogest, where the first, dydrogesterone, significantly reduced SRD5A1, AKR1C2 and AKR1C3 expression, and additionally had a nonsignificant impact on progesterone receptor B (PR-B) protein levels...
- Anaerobic transformation of DDT related to iron(III) reduction and microbial community structure in paddy soilsManjia Chen
Guangdong Key Laboratory of Agricultural Environment Pollution Integrated Control, Guangdong Institute of Eco Environmental and Soil Sciences, Guangzhou 510650, P R China
J Agric Food Chem 61:2224-33. 2013..The results showed that microbial activities had a steady dechlorination effect on DDT and its metabolites (DDx)...
- Evaluation of the prostaglandin F synthase activity of human and bovine aldo-keto reductases: AKR1A1s complement AKR1B1s as potent PGF synthasesNicolas Lacroix Pepin
Centre de Recherche du CHU de Québec CHUL, Département d Obstétrique et Gynécologie, Axe de reproduction, santé de la mère et de l enfant, Universite Laval, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada GIV 4G2
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 106:124-32. 2013AKR1B1 of the polyol pathway was identified as a prostaglandin F2α synthase (PGFS)...
- Environmental variables affecting the distribution of POPs on Mt. Meru, TanzaniaNiccolò Guazzoni
Department of Biology, University of Milan, Via Celoria 26, 20133 Milan, Italy
Environ Sci Process Impacts 15:1573-81. 2013..s.l., reporting the first data about POP contamination in this area (DDX, HCHs, HCB and PCBs). The DDX contamination pattern in Mt...
- Differential proinflammatory and oxidative stress response and vulnerability to metabolic syndrome in habitual high-fat young male consumers putatively predisposed by their genetic backgroundPedro González-Muniesa
Department of Nutrition, Food Sciences and Physiology, University of Navarra, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Int J Mol Sci 14:17238-55. 2013..MIF, SAA2), extracellular matrix remodeling (MMP9, PALLD), angiogenesis (EGFL6, leptin) and oxidative stress (AKR1C3, UCHL1, HSPB7 and NQO1) were upregulated; whereas apoptosis, signal transcription (CITED 2 and NR3C1), cell ..
- The involvement of peroxisome proliferator activated receptors (PPARs) in prostaglandin F2α production by porcine endometriumI Bogacka
Department of Animal Physiology, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, 10 719 Olsztyn, Oczapowskiego 1A, Poland Electronic address
Reprod Biol 13:309-16. 2013..of peroxisome proliferator activated receptor (PPAR) ligands on PGF2α secretion and mRNA expression of prostaglandin F synthase (PGFS) in porcine endometrial explants collected on days 10-12 and 14-16 of the estrous cycle or ..
- Dynamics of suspended sediment borne persistent organic pollutants in a large regulated Mediterranean river (Ebro, NE Spain)S Quesada
Department of Environmental Chemistry, IDAEA CSIC, C Jordi Girona 18 26, E 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Sci Total Environ 473:381-90. 2014..Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and semi-volatile organochlorine pollutants (DDT and related compounds, DDX; polychlorinated byphenils, PCBs; and other organochlorine compound, OCs) were measured in the particulate material ..
- Expression of genes involved in the embryo-maternal interaction in the early-pregnant canine uterusE Kautz
Institute of Veterinary Anatomy, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 260, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Reproduction 147:703-17. 2014..Elevated levels of AKR1C3 mRNA, but not the protein itself, were noted...
- Selective AKR1C3 inhibitors do not recapitulate the anti-leukaemic activities of the pan-AKR1C inhibitor medroxyprogesterone acetateF Khanim
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Br J Cancer 110:1506-16. 2014We and others have identified the aldo-keto reductase AKR1C3 as a potential drug target in prostate cancer, breast cancer and leukaemia...
- Synthesis of non-prenyl analogues of baccharin as selective and potent inhibitors for aldo-keto reductase 1C3Satoshi Endo
Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Gifu 501 1196, Japan Electronic address
Bioorg Med Chem 22:5220-33. 2014Inhibitors of a human member (AKR1C3) of the aldo-keto reductase superfamily are regarded as promising therapeutics for the treatment of prostatic and breast cancers...
- The DHEA-sulfate depot following P450c17 inhibition supports the case for AKR1C3 inhibition in high risk localized and advanced castration resistant prostate cancerDaniel Tamae
Centers for Cancer Pharmacology and Excellence of Environmental Toxicology CEET, Department of Systems Pharmacology and Translational Therapeutics, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6160, USA
Chem Biol Interact 234:332-8. 2015..in conversion of Δ(4)-androstene-3,17-dione and 5α-androstanedione to T and DHT, respectively, is catalyzed by AKR1C3. We therefore present the case that in the context of the DHEA-S depot, P450c17 and AKR1C3 inhibition may be an ..
- Exposure and biological response biomarkers of cigarette smokeIAN ALEXANDER BLAIR; Fiscal Year: 2010..We also showed that oxidative stress could induce the formation of aldo-keto reductases (AKRs) of the 1C family. AKR1C3 is the enzyme, which we recently showed is responsible for the conversion of prostaglandin (PG) D2 to the potent ..
- Prostate Cancer Detection by Molecular UrinalysisChristian P Pavlovich; Fiscal Year: 2010..CpG islands of the pi-class glutathione-s transferase (GSTP1) promoter, a noncoding RNA "differential display 3" (DD3), and the protein alpha methylacyl CoA racemase (AMACR)...
- Molecular basis of androgen receptor mediated gene transcriptional repressionChangmeng Cai; Fiscal Year: 2013..Several other AR-repressed gene loci that mediate expression of androgen synthetic genes (HSD17B6 and AKR1C3) will also be studied...
- Evaluation of Novel DExD/H Helicases in Innate Immune SignalingGlen N Barber; Fiscal Year: 2013..The first, referred to as DDX-I, was isolated through a two hybrid screen using IPS-1 as a bait...
- Victor M Hesselbrock; Fiscal Year: 2016..Reductions in drinking, the persistence of treatment effects, and the role of GABA alleles and AKR1C3 genotype in moderating the treatment response will also be examined...
- Describing and Understanding Racial DisparitiesJeffrey H Silber; Fiscal Year: 2011..diagnosis (DTOT) into the sum of the disparity in survival due to diagnosis differences between whites and blacks (DDx) plus differences in survival due to initial treatment (DTx) plus a residual disparity (DR), or DTOT = DDx + DTx + ..
- Photodynamic Therapy for Prostate CancerGang Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2003..1 D= bacteriochlorophyll (BCh1), Q= carotenoid (Car)] containing stem-loop AS-ON sequence targeted at the DD3 mRNA....
- Breast cancer and HRT: genetic susceptibility within th*Kathleen Malone; Fiscal Year: 2006..SNPs) and tagSNPs in the PGR gene, and the following progesterone metabolizing genes, AKR1C1, AKR1C2, AKR1C3, SRD5A1, SRD5A2, and the CYP3A4 gene...
- High Throughput Screening for Identification of AKR1C3 InhibitorsBrian Lavan; Fiscal Year: 2007..a high throughput screening (HTS) assay that will identify small molecule inhibitors for the aldo-keto reductase AKR1C3, in hopes that they would lead to a more potent cellular response to insulin...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Multistage CarcinogenesisTREVOR PENNING; Fiscal Year: 2006..By studying the discrete molecular events responsible for the causation of cancer this Program may lead to the early prevention and intervention of this disease. ..
- Symposium on Aldo-Keto Reductases & Toxicant MetabolismTREVOR PENNING; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- HIV-sensory neuropathies:risk factors, immunopathologyJustin McArthur; Fiscal Year: 2006..developed by our collaborators at MU will be used to assess mitochondrial DNA levels after varying exposures to DDX agents...
- Genetic Polymorphisms Benign Prostatic HyperplasiaROSEBUD ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2004..This community-based cohort study should provide insights that should improve our understanding of the genetic control of hormonal mechanisms in the pathogenesis of BPH. ..
- Regulation of Testosterone Synthesis in TheCA cellsKenan Qin; Fiscal Year: 2007..This award will dedicate these five years to rigorous scientific, technical, and intellectual training such that Dr. Qin can ultimately develop into an independently productive physician-scientist. ..
- The function of Runx1 in the ovaryMisung Jo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such knowledge can be applied for promoting or inhibiting these critical facets of ovarian physiology, thereby allowing us to better manage fertility, infertility, and ovarian-based disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vascular and Inflammatory Predictors of MCI Risk and ProgressionROSEBUD ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2008..The K01 award will culminate in an R01 application that will pave the way for the candidate to become an independent investigator in MCI and AD research. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..