Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AKR1C2
Description: aldo-keto reductase family 1 member C2
Alias: AKR1C-pseudo, BABP, DD-2, DD/BABP, DD2, DDH2, HAKRD, HBAB, MCDR2, SRXY8, TDD, aldo-keto reductase family 1 member C2, 3-alpha-HSD3, chlordecone reductase homolog HAKRD, dihydrodiol dehydrogenase 2; bile acid binding protein; 3-alpha hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, type III, pseudo-chlordecone reductase, testicular 17,20-desmolase deficiency, trans-1,2-dihydrobenzene-1,2-diol dehydrogenase, type II dihydrodiol dehydrogenase
Publications231 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular cloning of multiple cDNAs encoding human enzymes structurally related to 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenaseK N Qin
Department of Pediatrics, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY 10021
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 46:673-9. 1993..human chlordecone reductase belong to the aldo-keto reductase superfamily, we named these human clones HAKRa to HAKRd. Northern blot analysis showed that the liver expresses the highest levels of all four clones...
- Genomic structure of rat 3alpha-hydroxysteroid/dihydrodiol dehydrogenase (3alpha-HSD/DD, AKR1C9)H K Lin
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6084, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 71:29-39. 1999..chlordecone reductase/DD4, AKR1C4), type 2 3alpha-HSD (AKR1C3) and type 3 3alpha-HSD (bile-acid binding protein, AKR1C2) genes...
- Identification of candidate genes associated with cell wall digestibility and eQTL (expression quantitative trait loci) analysis in a Flint x Flint maize recombinant inbred line populationChun Shi
Technical University of Munich, Am Hochanger 2, 85350 Freising, Germany
BMC Genomics 8:22. 2007..Cell-wall digestibility is the major target for improving the feeding value of forage maize. An understanding of the molecular basis for cell-wall digestibility is crucial towards breeding of highly digestible maize...
- Dihydrodiol dehydrogenases regulate the generation of reactive oxygen species and the development of cisplatin resistance in human ovarian carcinoma cellsJianli Chen
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine, Room 206, OMS, 3400 N Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 61:979-87. 2008We have previously demonstrated that overexpression of dihydrodiol dehydrogenase isoform 1 (DDH1) or DDH2 leads to the induction of drug resistance to platinum based drugs in human ovarian, lung, cervical and germ cell tumor cell lines...
- Two pathways for prostaglandin F2 alpha synthesis by the primate periovulatory follicleBrandy L Dozier
Department of Physiological Sciences, Eastern Virginia Medical School, 700 Olney Road, Lewis Hall, Norfolk, Virginia 23507, USA
Reproduction 136:53-63. 2008..PGF2 alpha can also be synthesized from PGE2 via the enzymes AKR1C1 and AKR1C2. Monkey granulosa cell levels of AKR1C1/AKR1C2 mRNA was low 0-12 h, peaked at 24 h, and returned to low levels by ..
- Interleukin 1β regulates progesterone metabolism in human cervical fibroblastsAmy E Roberson
Department of Cell Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Reprod Sci 19:271-81. 2012..through the regulation of the expression of 20α-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases (aldo-keto reductase [AKR]1C1, AKR1C2, or AKR1C3), 5α-reductase type 1 (5α-RDT1), and/or 17β-hydroxysteroid dehyrogenases (17β-HSD) type 1 and 2...
- cDNA cloning and expression of the human hepatic bile acid-binding protein. A member of the monomeric reductase gene familyA Stolz
Division of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90033
J Biol Chem 268:10448-57. 1993..identified one isoform of dihydrodiol dehydrogenase activity that expresses high affinity bile acid binding (HBAB) with minimal 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3 alpha-HSD) activity for bile acids...
- Crystal structure of human type III 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/bile acid binding protein complexed with NADP(+) and ursodeoxycholateY Jin
Department of Pharmacology, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, and The Johnson Research Foundation, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Biochemistry 40:10161-8. 2001The crystal structure of human type III 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD)/bile acid binding protein (AKR1C2) complexed with NADP(+) and 3alpha,7beta-dihydroxy-5beta-cholanic acid (ursodeoxycholate) at 3.0 A resolution is presented...
- Structure of the human 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 in complex with testosterone and NADP at 1.25-A resolutionV Nahoum
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Laval University Medical Center, Quebec, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
J Biol Chem 276:42091-8. 2001The first crystallographic structure of human type 3 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3alpha-HSD3, AKR1C2), an enzyme playing a critical role in steroid hormone metabolism, has been determined in complex with testosterone and NADP at ..
- The effect of allelic variation in aldo-keto reductase 1C2 on the in vitro metabolism of dihydrotestosteroneRyan H Takahashi
Division of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia, 2146 East Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z3
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 329:1032-9. 2009..b>AKR1C2 can regulate the extent and duration of activation of the androgen receptor by catalyzing the reduction of DHT to ..
- Aldo-keto reductases AKR1C1, AKR1C2 and AKR1C3 may enhance progesterone metabolism in ovarian endometriosisN Hevir
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Chem Biol Interact 191:217-26. 2011..significantly decreased mRNA levels of PR-AB, HSD17B2 and SRD5A2, significantly increased mRNA levels of AKR1C1, AKR1C2, AKR1C3 and SRD5A1, and negligible mRNA levels of AKR1D1...
- Human cytosolic hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases of the aldo-ketoreductase superfamily catalyze reduction of conjugated steroids: implications for phase I and phase II steroid hormone metabolismYi Jin
Centers of Excellence in Environmental Toxicology and Cancer Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6084, USA
J Biol Chem 284:10013-22. 2009..AKR1C isoform was similar to that of the corresponding free steroid except for the reduction of DhtG catalyzed by AKR1C2, where a complete inversion in stereochemical preference to 3beta-reduction (with DhtG) from 3alpha-reduction (..
- Selective and potent inhibitors of human 20alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (AKR1C1) that metabolizes neurosteroids derived from progesteroneYu Higaki
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, 5 6 1 Mitahora Higashi, 502 8585, Gifu, Japan
Chem Biol Interact 143:503-13. 2003..precursors among four human 3(20)alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases (AKR1C1-AKR1C4) suggests that AKR1C1 and AKR1C2 are involved in the catabolism and synthesis, respectively, of the neuroactive steroids in the human brain...
- In vitro antimalarial activity of medicinal plant extracts against Plasmodium falciparumAsokan Bagavan
Unit of Nanotechnology and Bioactive Natural Products, Post Graduate and Research Department of Zoology, C Abdul Hakeem College, Melvisharam 632 509, Vellore District, Tamil Nadu, India
Parasitol Res 108:15-22. 2011..and methanol and tested for their antimalarial activity against chloroquine (CQ)-sensitive (3D7) and CQ-resistant (Dd2 and INDO) strains of Plasmodium falciparum in culture using the fluorescence-based SYBR Green assay...
- Characterization of the aldo-keto reductase 1C gene cluster on pig chromosome 10: possible associations with reproductive traitsDan J Nonneman
USDA ARS, US Meat Animal Research Center, Clay Center, Nebraska, 68933, USA
BMC Vet Res 2:28. 2006..Because of their location in the swine genome and their implication in reproductive physiology, this gene cluster was characterized and evaluated for effects on reproductive traits in swine...
- The nuclear receptors FXR and LXRalpha: potential targets for the development of drugs affecting lipid metabolism and neoplastic diseasesE J Niesor
Symphar, Innovative Pharmaceutical Research, 1290 Versoix, Geneva, Switzerland
Curr Pharm Des 7:231-59. 2001..1,1-bisphosphonate esters, has been discovered which up regulate the Intestinal Bile Acid Binding Protein gene (I-BABP) as demonstrated for chenodeoxycholic acid, however there are no known synthetic activators yet identified for ..
- Yeast dihydroorotate dehydrogenase as a new selectable marker for Plasmodium falciparum transfectionSuresh M Ganesan
Center for Molecular Parasitology, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Drexel University College of Medicine, 2900 W Queen Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 177:29-34. 2011..Atovaquone, however, could not be used for such selection with the Dd2 strain of P. falciparum...
- Rab coupling protein (RCP): a novel target of progesterone action in primate endometriumV S Patil
Primate Biology Department, National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Indian Council of Medical Research, Parel, Mumbai 400 012, India
J Mol Endocrinol 35:357-72. 2005..b>DD2, one of the differentially expressed cDNA fragments, showed higher representation in nonreceptive endometria than ..
- Plasmodium falciparum is able to invade erythrocytes through a trypsin-resistant pathway independent of glycophorin BDeepak Gaur
Laboratory of Malaria and Vector Research, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Infect Immun 71:6742-6. 2003..through the trypsin-resistant pathway, we have studied the invasion phenotypes of five parasite strains, 3D7, HB3, Dd2, 7G8, and Indochina I, on trypsin-treated normal and glycophorin B-deficient erythrocytes...
- Progesterone is extensively metabolized in osteoblasts: implications for progesterone action on boneM Quinkler
Clinical Endocrinology, Internal Medicine, Center for Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Charite Campus Mitte, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, Berlin, Germany
Horm Metab Res 40:679-84. 2008..This activity was concomitant with expression of mRNAs for the enzymes AKR1C1, 5 alpha-reductase type 1 and AKR1C2, and 3 beta-HSD type 1 and 3-hydroxysteroid epimerase...
- Impaired dihydrotestosterone catabolism in human prostate cancer: critical role of AKR1C2 as a pre-receptor regulator of androgen receptor signalingQing Ji
Department of Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 2011 Zonal Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Cancer Res 67:1361-9. 2007We previously reported the selective loss of AKR1C2 and AKR1C1 in prostate cancers compared with their expression in paired benign tissues...
- Characterization of human liver enzymes involved in the biotransformation of boceprevir, a hepatitis C virus protease inhibitorAnima Ghosal
Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Merck Research Laboratories, 2015 Galloping Hill Road, K 15 1945, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 39:510-21. 2011..Screening of boceprevir with recombinant human aldo-keto reductases (AKRs) revealed that AKR1C2 and AKR1C3 exhibited catalytic activity with respect to the formation of M+2 metabolites (M28 and M31)...
- NMR-based modeling and binding studies of a ternary complex between chicken liver bile acid binding protein and bile acidsSimona Tomaselli
Laboratorio NMR, ISMAC, CNR, via Bassini 15, 20133, Milano, Italy
Proteins 69:177-91. 2007Chicken liver bile acid binding protein (cL-BABP) is involved in bile acid transport in the liver cytosol...
- Revisiting the Plasmodium falciparum RIFIN family: from comparative genomics to 3D-model predictionEmanuele Bultrini
Dipartimento di Malattie Infettive, Parassitarie ed Immunomediate, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena, 299, 00161 Roma, Italy
BMC Genomics 10:445. 2009..Despite recent advances, our knowledge of the regulation of RIFIN gene expression is still poor and the biological role of the protein products remain obscure...
- Crystal structure of human prostaglandin F synthase (AKR1C3)Junichi Komoto
Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Kansas, 1200 Sunnyside Avenue, Lawrence, Kansas 66045 7534, USA
Biochemistry 43:2188-98. 2004..Since the substrate binding cavity of PGFS is relatively large in comparison with those of AKR1C1 and AKR1C2, PGFS (AKR1C3) could catalyze the reduction and/or oxidation reactions of various compounds over a relatively wide ..
- Comparison between immobilized artificial membrane (IAM) HPLC data and lipophilicity in n-octanol for quinolone antibacterial agentsFrancesco Barbato
Dipartimento di Chimica Farmaceutica e Tossicologica, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, via D Montesano, 49, I 80131 Naples, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 31:288-97. 2007..PC.MG and IAM.PC.DD2; it is expressed as the logarithm of the retention factor measured with (or extrapolated to) 100% aqueous eluent at ..
- cDNA cloning, expression, and mutagenesis study of liver-type prostaglandin F synthaseT Suzuki
Second Department, Osaka Bioscience Institute, 6 2 4 Furuedai, Suita, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:241-8. 1999..77, and 76% identity with the bovine lung PGF synthase and human liver dihydrodiol dehydrogenase (DD) isozymes DD1, DD2, and DD4, respectively...
- Differentiation associated changes in gene expression profiles of interstitial cystitis and control urothelial cellsDeborah R Erickson
Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
J Urol 180:2681-7. 2008..We evaluated gene expression profiles after inducing differentiation in cultured interstitial cystitis and control urothelial cells...
- Androgen metabolism in adipose tissue: recent advancesKarine Blouin
Molecular Endocrinology and Oncology Research Center, Laval University Medical Research Center, Canada Department of Nutrition, Laval University, Canada
Mol Cell Endocrinol 301:97-103. 2009..Aldo-keto reductase 1C (AKR1C) enzymes, especially AKR1C2 and AKR1C3, through local synthesis and inactivation of androgens, may be involved in the fine regulation of ..
- Microparticles in deep venous thrombosis, antiphospholipid syndrome and Factor V LeidenM C Flores-Nascimento
Hematology Hemotherapy Center, State University of Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Platelets 20:367-75. 2009..The MPs procoagulant activity was analyzed by D-dimer (DD2) and Thrombin Generation Test (TGT) on a healthy pool of plasmas adjusted or not by their number (10,000 MPs)...
- Loss of enterocyte mass is accompanied by diminished turnover of enterocytes after myeloablative therapy in haematopoietic stem-cell transplant recipientsJ P M Derikx
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Maastricht and Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute NUTRIM, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
Ann Oncol 20:337-42. 2009..and enterocyte loss was explored by examining citrulline serum levels and by assessing circulating intestinal fatty acid-binding protein (I-FABP) and ileal bile acid-binding protein (I-BABP), proteins released by dying mature enterocytes.
- Synthesis and antimalarial activity of ethylene glycol oligomeric ethers of artemisininMinette Steyn
Pharmaceutical Chemistry, North West University, Potchefstroom, South Africa
J Pharm Pharmacol 63:278-86. 2011....
- Identification of a bile acid-responsive element in the human ileal bile acid-binding protein gene. Involvement of the farnesoid X receptor/9-cis-retinoic acid receptor heterodimerJ Grober
Physiologie de la Nutrition, Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Biologie Appliquée à la Nutrition et à l Alimentation, EP 1777 CNRS CESG, F 21000, Dijon, France
J Biol Chem 274:29749-54. 1999Intestinal bile acid-binding protein (I-BABP) is a cytosolic protein that binds bile acids (BAs) with a high affinity...
- Effect of treating Schistosoma haematobium infection on Plasmodium falciparum-specific antibody responsesL Reilly
Institute for Immunology and Infection Research, School of Biological Sciences, Ashworth Laboratories, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
BMC Infect Dis 8:158. 2008..responses directed against plasmodia merozoite surface proteins MSP-1 (DPKMWR, MSP1(19)), and MSP-2 (CH150 and Dd2) which are potential vaccine candidates as well as crude malaria (schizont) and schistosome (whole worm homogenate) ..
- Molecular cloning of two human liver 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid/dihydrodiol dehydrogenase isoenzymes that are identical with chlordecone reductase and bile-acid binderY Deyashiki
Biochemistry Laboratory, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Biochem J 299:545-52. 1994Human liver contains two dihydrodiol dehydrogenases, DD2 and DD4, associated with 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity. We have raised polyclonal antibodies that cross-reacted with the two enzymes and isolated two 1...
- Comparisons of (+/-)-benzo[a]pyrene-trans-7,8-dihydrodiol activation by human cytochrome P450 and aldo-keto reductase enzymes: effect of redox state and expression levelsAmy M Quinn
Center of Excellence in Environmental Toxicology, Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6084, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 21:1086-94. 2008..Initial rates of (+/-)-B[ a]P-7,8-diol oxidation were measured for AKR1A1, AKR1C2, P450 1A1, and P450 1B1 as the ratio of NADPH/NAD (+) cofactors was varied to determine the redox state necessary ..
- Reinvestigation of structure-activity relationship of methoxylated chalcones as antimalarials: synthesis and evaluation of 2,4,5-trimethoxy substituted patterns as lead candidates derived from abundantly available natural β-asaroneRakesh Kumar
Natural Plant Products Division, Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology C S I R, Palampur 176061, H P, India
Eur J Med Chem 45:5292-301. 2010..8 μM) and 26 (IC(50): 2 μM) were also relatively non-toxic. Furthermore, compound 12 showed excellent resistance index of 1.1 against chloroquine resistant Dd2 strain of P. falciparum.
- Structure-function aspects and inhibitor design of type 5 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (AKR1C3)T M Penning
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3620 Hamilton Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6084, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 171:137-49. 2001..Many of these properties are shared by the related AKR1C1, AKR1C2 and AKR1C4 isoforms. RT-PCR shows that AKR1C3 is dominantly expressed in the human prostate and mammary gland...
- Guggulsterone is a farnesoid X receptor antagonist in coactivator association assays but acts to enhance transcription of bile salt export pumpJisong Cui
Department of Atherosclerosis and Endocrinology, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
J Biol Chem 278:10214-20. 2003..7alpha-hydroxylase (Cyp 7a1), sterol 12alpha-hydroxylase (Cyp 8b1), and the intestinal bile acid-binding protein (I-BABP), remained unchanged...
- Existence and significance of hepatitis B virus DNA in kidneys of IgA nephropathyNian song Wang
Department of Nephrology, The Sixth Affiliated Hospital of Shanghai Jiaotong University, 600 Yushan Road, Shanghai 200233, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:712-6. 2005..To investigate the existence and significance of hepatitis B virus (HBV) DNA in the pathogenesis of IgA nephropathy (IgAN)...
- Proteomic characterization of the site-dependent functional difference in the rat small intestineGotaro Iiizumi
Laboratory for Nutritional Biochemistry, School of Agriculture, Meiji University, 1 1 1 Higashi Mita, Tama ku, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 214 8571, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1774:1289-98. 2007..FABP) and Cellular retinol binding protein (CRBP-II) were in the jejunum, and the Bile acid binding protein (BABP) was only observed in the ileum...
- Karavilagenin C derivatives as antimalarialsCátia Ramalhete
iMed UL, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Lisbon, Av das Forcas Armadas, 1600 083 Lisbon, Portugal
Bioorg Med Chem 19:330-8. 2011..for their in vitro antimalarial activity against the chloroquine-sensitive (3D7) and the chloroquine-resistant (Dd2) strains of Plasmodium falciparum. Compound 1 exhibited a moderate activity and 17 was inactive...
- In vitro metabolism and identification of human enzymes involved in the metabolism of methylnaltrexoneZeen Tong
Pfizer Inc, Collegeville, PA 19426, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 38:801-7. 2010..5beta-Cholanic acid 3alpha,7alpha-diol, the AKR1C2 inhibitor, and medroxyprogesterone acetate, an inhibitor of AKR1C1, AKR1C2, and AKR1C4, inhibited MNTX reduction ..
- [Benzothieno[3,2-b]pyridin-4-yl-amine--synthesis and investigation of activity against malaria]K Görlitzer
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Chemie, der Universitätsklinik GieBen, Germany
Pharmazie 59:506-12. 2004..Testing against the chloroquine sensitive 3D7 and the chloroquine resistant Dd2 strain resulted in IC50 values of 150 nM and 210 nM, respectively...
- Recombinant Plasmodium falciparum reticulocyte homology protein 4 binds to erythrocytes and blocks invasionDeepak Gaur
Laboratory of Malaria and Vector Research, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Twinbrook III, 12735 Twinbrook Parkway, Bethesda, MD 20892 8132, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:17789-94. 2007..Invasion by the parasite clone, Dd2, requires sialic acid on the erythrocyte surface; Dd2/NM is a variant selected for its ability to invade ..
- Peritoneal dialysis is the better therapy choice for successful anti-hepatitis B vaccinationJuraj Svác
Logman A S, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Adv Perit Dial 21:151-3. 2005..The endpoints were the number of patients with a protective HBAb titer and the number with newly diagnosed hepatitis B. In PD patients, we calculated Kt/V on regular basis...
- Sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c is responsible for cholesterol regulation of ileal bile acid-binding protein gene in vivo. Possible involvement of liver-X-receptorIsabelle Zaghini
Physiologie de la Nutrition, Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Biologie Appliquée à la Nutrition et à l Alimentation ENSBANA, FRE 2049 CNRS Université de Bourgogne, F 21000, Dijon, France
J Biol Chem 277:1324-31. 2002Ileal bile acid-binding protein (I-BABP) is a cytosolic protein that binds bile acid (BA) specifically. In the ileum, it is thought to be implied in their enterohepatic circulation...
- Androgen metabolism via 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 in mammalian and non-mammalian vertebrates: comparison of the human and the zebrafish enzymeR Mindnich
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Experimental Genetics, Genome Analysis Center, Ingolstaedter Landstr 1, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
J Mol Endocrinol 35:305-16. 2005..Our results suggest that 17beta-HSD type 3 might play slightly different roles in zebrafish compared with human although testosterone itself is likely to have similar functions in both organisms...
- Molecular docking simulations of steroid substrates into human cytosolic hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases (AKR1C1 and AKR1C2): insights into positional and stereochemical preferencesYi Jin
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104 6084, USA
Steroids 71:380-91. 2006AKR1C1 and AKR1C2 are human cytosolic hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases, which play pivotal roles in the metabolism and action of natural and synthetic steroid hormones...
- Overexpression of aldo-keto reductase 1C2 is associated with disease progression in patients with prostatic cancerKuo Hsuan Huang
Institute of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Histopathology 57:384-94. 2010..The aim was to investigate the relationship between AKR1C expression and disease progression in prostatic cancer...
- Malaria drug resistance is associated with defective DNA mismatch repairMeryl A Castellini
Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 177:143-7. 2011..We report that two ARMD parasites, W2 and Dd2, have defective MMR, as do the chloroquine-resistant parasites T9-94, 7C12, and 7G8...
- Stereospecific reduction of 5β-reduced steroids by human ketosteroid reductases of the AKR (aldo-keto reductase) superfamily: role of AKR1C1-AKR1C4 in the metabolism of testosterone and progesterone via the 5β-reductase pathwayYi Jin
Department of Pharmacology and Centers of Excellence in Environmental Toxicology and Cancer Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6084, USA
Biochem J 437:53-61. 2011....
- Plasmodium falciparum MLH is schizont stage specific endonucleaseMohammed Tarique
Malaria Group, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi 110067, India
Mol Biochem Parasitol 181:153-61. 2012..Using immunofluorescence assay we report that the peak expression of MLH in both 3D7 and Dd2 strains of P...
- The Danish Centre for Strategic Research in Type 2 Diabetes (DD2) study: Collection of baseline data from the first 580 patientsReimar Wernich Thomsen
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus
Clin Epidemiol 4:43-8. 2012..overview of the baseline data collected in the nationwide Danish Centre for Strategic Research in Type 2 Diabetes (DD2) project. The paper presents descriptive data from the first 580 patients enrolled in the DD2...
- The Danish Centre for Strategic Research in Type 2 Diabetes (DD2) study: expected outcome from the DD2 project and two intervention studiesHenning Beck-Nielsen
Diabetes Research Centre, Odense University Hospital, Odense
Clin Epidemiol 4:21-6. 2012The overall aim of the Danish Centre for Strategic Research in Type 2 Diabetes (DD2) is to near-normalize metabolic control in newly diagnosed patients with type 2 diabetes (T2D) using an individualized treatment approach...
- QSAR and pharmacophore modeling of natural and synthetic antimalarial prodigininesBaljinder Singh
Medicinal Chemistry Division, Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine, Canal Road, Jammu 180001, India
Curr Comput Aided Drug Des 9:350-9. 2013..potent in vitro as well as in vivo antimalarial activity against chloroquine sensitive D6 and multi-drug resistant Dd2 strains of Plasmodium falciparum...
- A new bioactive diterpene glycoside from Molinaea retusa from the Madagascar dry forestAlexander L Eaton
Department of Chemistry, Virginia Tech Center for Drug Discovery, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061, USA
Nat Prod Commun 8:1201-3. 2013..Compounds 2 and 3 also had moderate antiplasmodial activities, with IC50 values of 4.0 and 6.4 microM, respectively, against Plasmodium falciparum, Dd2 strain. The structures were determined using spectroscopic methods.
- Emergence of pyrido quinoxalines as new family of antimalarial agentsA Chandra Shekhar
Fluoroorganic Division, CSIR Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad 500 007, India
Eur J Med Chem 77:280-7. 2014..and evaluated their antimalarial activity in vitro against chloroquine sensitive (3D7) and drug resistant (Dd2) strains of Plasmodium falciparum...
- Understanding androgen action in adipose tissueMichael W O'Reilly
Centre for Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK Electronic address
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 143:277-84. 2014..In particular, AKR1C2 and AKR1C3 are crucial in the regulation of local androgen bioavailability within adipose tissue...
- Cyclopalladated organosilane-tethered thiosemicarbazones: novel strategies for improving antiplasmodial activityMuneebah Adams
Department of Chemistry, University of Cape Town, Private Bag, Rondebosch 7701, South Africa
Dalton Trans 45:5514-20. 2016..evaluated for in vitro antiplasmodial activity against the chloroquine-sensitive (NF54) and chloroquine-resistant (Dd2) strains of the human malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum...
- The roles of AKR1C1 and AKR1C2 in ethyl-3,4-dihydroxybenzoate induced esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cell deathWei Li
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Cancer Hospital, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Oncotarget 7:21542-55. 2016....
- Highly active ozonides selected against drug resistant malariaLis Lobo
Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Lisboa, Portugal, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Unidade de Ensino e Investigação de Parasitologia Médica, Global Health and Tropical Medicine, Lisboa, Portugal
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz . 2016..In vitro, LC50 was at least 10 times more efficient inhibiting P. falciparum multidrug resistant Dd2 strain than chloroquine and mefloquine and as efficient as artemisinin (ART), artesunate and dihydroartemisinin...
- Bioisosteric ferrocenyl-containing quinolines with antiplasmodial and antitrichomonal propertiesMuneebah Adams
Department of Chemistry, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch 7701, Cape Town, South Africa
Dalton Trans 45:19086-19095. 2016..were screened for their antiplasmodial activity against the chloroquine-sensitive (NF54) and CQ-resistant (Dd2) strains of P. falciparum, as well as for their cytotoxicity against Chinese Hamster Ovarian (CHO) cells...
- Kinetics of allopregnanolone formation catalyzed by human 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type III (AKR1C2)John W Trauger
Department of Molecular Neuroscience, Merck Research Laboratories, 3535 General Atomics Court, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Biochemistry 41:13451-9. 2002..These results characterize the role of 3alpha-HSD type III in allopregnanolone formation and suggest that activation of this enzyme by fluoxetine is likely not the mechanism by which fluoxetine increases allopregnanolone concentrations...
- Human type 3 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (aldo-keto reductase 1C2) and androgen metabolism in prostate cellsTea Lanisnik Rizner
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3620 Hamilton Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6084, USA
Endocrinology 144:2922-32. 2003..By controlling local ligand concentration AKRs may regulate steroid hormone action at the prereceptor level. AKR1C2 is expressed in prostate, and in vitro it will catalyze the nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD(+))-dependent ..
- Determination of lipophilic descriptors of antihelmintic 6,7-diaryl-pteridine derivatives useful for bioactivity predictionsMario Reta
Departamento de Quimica, Universidad Nacional de Rio Cuarto, Agencia Postal No 3, 5800 Rio Cuarto, Argentina
Biomed Chromatogr 17:365-72. 2003..PC.DD2), using acetonitrile-aqueous buffer pH = 7.45 as mobile phase, were obtained...
- Molecular characterization of two monkey dihydrodiol dehydrogenasesYu Higaki
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Mitahora Higashi, Japan
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 17:348-56. 2002..In addition, no mRNA for an enzyme corresponding to another isoenzyme (AKR1C2) of the human enzyme was detected in livers of the two monkey strains...
- Chloroquine-resistant isoforms of the Plasmodium falciparum chloroquine resistance transporter acidify lysosomal pH in HEK293 cells more than chloroquine-sensitive isoformsDavid C Reeves
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 150:288-99. 2006..falciparum chloroquine resistance transporter (PfCRT). We expressed chloroquine-sensitive (HB3) and resistant (Dd2) pfcrt alleles in HEK293 human embryonic kidney cells...
- Conformational changes of chicken liver bile acid-binding protein bound to anionic lipid membrane are coupled to the lipid phase transitionsMaría Belén Decca
Centro de Investigaciones en Quimica Biologica de Cordoba, UNC CONICET, Departamento de Quimica Biologica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Ciudad Universitaria, Cordoba, Republica Argentina
Biochim Biophys Acta 1768:1583-91. 2007Chicken liver bile acid-binding protein (L-BABP) binds to anionic lipid membranes by electrostatic interactions and acquires a partly folded state [Nolan, V., Perduca, M., Monaco, H., Maggio, B. and Montich, G. G. (2003) Biochim. Biophys...
- Short report: polymorphisms in the pfcrt and pfmdr1 genes of Plasmodium falciparum and in vitro susceptibility to amodiaquine and desethylamodiaquineDiego F Echeverry
International Center for Medical Research and Training CIDEIM, Cali, Valle, Colombia
Am J Trop Med Hyg 77:1034-8. 2007..The lowest susceptibility found to amodiaquine was observed in an isolate carrying a pfcrt and pfmdr1 Dd2-like haplotype, whereas a pfcrt haplotype related to the 7G8 Brazilian strain was found in a Colombian isolate with ..
- The MYB98 subcircuit of the synergid gene regulatory network includes genes directly and indirectly regulated by MYB98Jayson A Punwani
Department of Biology, University of Utah, 257 South 1400 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 0840, USA
Plant J 55:406-14. 2008..We also show that five of the CRP810 genes, which include DD2, lack a functional GTAACNT element, suggesting that they are not directly regulated by MYB98...
- [Multiplex PCR for analysis of the Plasmodium falciparum drug resistance molecular markers]Guo Qing Zhang
National Institute of Parasitic Diseases, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Shanghai 200025, China
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 25:451-6. 2007..To develop a multiplex PCR protocol for amplification of five Plasmodium falciparum drug resistance related genes, thereby facilitate the rapid and high throughput analysis of the drug resistance molecular markers...
- Antimalarial activity of natural product extracts from Papua New Guinean and Australian plants against Plasmodium falciparumLiza S Fernandez
Discovery Biology, Eskitis Institute for Cell and Molecular Therapies, Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
Phytother Res 22:1409-12. 2008..and Australia was screened for in vitro activity against the chloroquine-sensitive 3D7 and chloroquine-resistant Dd2 strains of Plasmodium falciparum...
- Comprehensive study of proteasome inhibitors against Plasmodium falciparum laboratory strains and field isolates from GabonAndrea Kreidenweiss
Medical Research Unit, Albert Schweitzer Hospital, BP118 Lambaréné, Gabon
Malar J 7:187. 2008..falciparum. Subsequently, a selection of inhibitors was tested in field isolates from Lambaréné, Gabon...
- Type 5 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/prostaglandin F synthase (AKR1C3): role in breast cancer and inhibition by non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug analogsMichael C Byrns
Department of Pharmacology, Center of Excellence in Environmental Toxicology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6084, United States
Chem Biol Interact 178:221-7. 2009..exploits the selective inhibition of AKR1C3 by indomethacin, which did not inhibit highly related AKR1C1 or AKR1C2. Using known structure-activity relationships for the inhibition of PGHS-1 and PGHS-2 by indole acetic acids we ..
- New Insight in Loss of Gut Barrier during Major Non-Abdominal SurgeryJoep P M Derikx
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Maastricht and Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute NUTRIM, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 3:e3954. 2008..Gut barrier loss has been implicated as a critical event in the occurrence of postoperative complications. We aimed to study the development of gut barrier loss in patients undergoing major non-abdominal surgery...
- Performance of a novel keratinocyte-based reporter cell line to screen skin sensitizers in vitroRoger Emter
Givaudan Schweiz AG, Ueberlandstrasse 138, CH 8600 Duebendorf, Switzerland
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 245:281-90. 2010..To this end, a luciferase reporter gene under control of a single copy of the ARE-element of the human AKR1C2 gene was stably inserted into HaCaT keratinocytes...
- Naturally occurring variants of human aldo-keto reductases with reduced in vitro metabolism of daunorubicin and doxorubicinOnkar S Bains
Division of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 335:533-45. 2010..These findings suggest that ns-SNPs in human AKR1C3, AKR1C4, and AKR7A2 significantly decrease the in vitro metabolism of DOX and DAUN...
- AKR1C3 as a target in castrate resistant prostate cancerAdegoke O Adeniji
Department of Pharmacology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6061, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 137:136-49. 2013..inhibition of AKR1C3 will be important, however, due to the presence of closely related isoforms, AKR1C1 and AKR1C2 that are also involved in androgen inactivation...
- NMR investigation of the equilibrium partitioning of a water-soluble bile salt protein carrier to phospholipid vesiclesAlberto Ceccon
Department of Biotechnology, University of Verona, 37134, Verona, Italy
Proteins 81:1776-91. 2013..We applied NMR spectroscopy to study the partitioning of a water-soluble bile acid binding protein (BABP), belonging to the FABP family, between its free and lipid-vesicle-bound states...
- Antimalarial activity of compounds comprising a primary benzene sulfonamide fragmentKatherine T Andrews
Eskitis Institute for Drug Discovery, Griffith University, Don Young Road, Nathan, Queensland 4111, Australia Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Queensland 4029, Australia Electronic address
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 23:6114-7. 2013..We report the in vitro activity against Plasmodium falciparum drug sensitive (3D7) and resistant (Dd2) parasites for a panel of fourteen primary benzene sulfonamide compounds...
- A process similar to autophagy is associated with cytocidal chloroquine resistance in Plasmodium falciparumDavid Gaviria
Departments of Chemistry and of Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e79059. 2013..loci (QTL) analysis of the progeny of a chloroquine sensitive (CQS; strain HB3)×chloroquine resistant (CQR; strain Dd2) genetic cross identifies distinct genetic architectures for CQR(CS) vs CQR(CC) phenotypes, including ..
- Transcriptome-Wide Expression Profiling in Skin Fibroblasts of Patients with Joint Hypermobility Syndrome/Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Hypermobility TypeNicola Chiarelli
Department of Molecular and Translational Medicine, Division of Biology and Genetics, University of Brescia, Bres6cia, Italy
PLoS ONE 11:e0161347. 2016..g., CFD, AQP9, COLEC12, KCNQ5, PRLR), and essential for redox balance (e.g., ADH1C, AKR1C2, AKR1C3, MAOB, GSTM5)...
- Furoquinoline Alkaloids and Methoxyflavones from the Stem Bark of Melicope madagascariensis (Baker) T.G. HartleyVincent E Rasamison
Centre National d Application de Recherches Pharmaceutiques, B P 702, 101, Antananarivo, Madagascar
Nat Prod Bioprospect 6:261-265. 2016..3) showed weak antimalarial activity (IC50 = 35 µM) against the chloroquine-resistant strain Dd2 of Plasmodium falciparum. Skimmianine (4) displayed moderate cytotoxicity with IC50 value of 1...
- Pre-receptor regulation of the androgen receptorTrevor M Penning
Center of Excellence in Environmental Toxicology, Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6084, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 281:1-8. 2008..Together these enzymes are involved in the pre-receptor regulation of androgen action. Inhibition of AKR1C2 would be desirable in cases of androgen insufficiency and inhibition of RL-HSD might be desirable in benign ..
- Spectrum of dentin dysplasia in a family: case report and literature reviewW K Seow
University of Queensland Dental School, Brisbane, Australia
Pediatr Dent 16:437-42. 1994The dentin dysplasias (DD), which may be classified as type 1 (DD1) or type 2 (DD2), form a group of rare, inherited dentin abnormalities that are clinically distinct from dentinogenesis imperfecta...
- Molecular cloning of human type 3 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase that differs from 20 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase by seven amino acidsI Dufort
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Center, Quebec, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 228:474-9. 1996..1, 78.3, and 67.4% identity with rat 3 alpha-HSD and rabbit and rat 20 alpha-HSD, respectively. 3 alpha-HSD3 belongs to the aldo-keto reductase family and like almost all the members of this family preferred NADPH as cofactor...
- Regulation of expression of human intestinal bile acid-binding protein in Caco-2 cellsT Kanda
Department of Surgery, Niigata University School of Medicine, 1 757 Asahimachi dori, Niigata 951, Japan
Biochem J 330:261-5. 1998..We examined whether bile acids affect human enterocyte gene expression of intestinal bile acid-binding protein (I-BABP), a component of this transport system...
- Cloning of genes by mRNA differential display induced during the hypersensitive reaction of soybean after inoculation with Pseudomonas syringae pv. glycineaK Seehaus
Universitat Kaiserslautern, FB Biologie, Kaiserslautern, Germany
Plant Mol Biol 38:1225-34. 1998..Database searches revealed that the fragment DD1 encodes chalcone isomerase and DD2 was identified as ubiquitin. The fragment DD3 shares significant homology to the signalling molecule 14-3-3...
- Chloroquine resistance in Plasmodium falciparum and polymorphism of the CG2 geneL K Basco
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Laboratoire de Recherche sur le Paludisme, Laboratoire Associé Francophone 302, Organisation de Coordination pour la Lutte Contre les Endemies en Afrique Centrale, Yaounde, Cameroon
J Infect Dis 180:1979-86. 1999A distinct genotype (designated Dd2-type profile) consisting of 12 point mutations and 3 repetitive regions of the CG2 gene, a candidate gene for chloroquine resistance, has been associated with in vitro resistance in laboratory-adapted ..
- Human 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isoforms (AKR1C1-AKR1C4) of the aldo-keto reductase superfamily: functional plasticity and tissue distribution reveals roles in the inactivation and formation of male and female sex hormonesT M Penning
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6084, USA
Biochem J 351:67-77. 2000..The enzymes correspond to type 1 3alpha-HSD (AKR1C4), type 2 3alpha(17beta)-HSD (AKR1C3), type 3 3alpha-HSD (AKR1C2) and 20alpha(3alpha)-HSD (AKR1C1), and share at least 84% amino acid sequence identity...
- Photophysical process of hexadecyl 4-biphenylamino benzoateZ Chen
Department of Chemistry, Shanxi University, Taiyuan, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 57:419-22. 2001The photophysical properties of hexadecyl 4-biphenylamino benzoate (HBAB), the molecule of which possesses a polar end composed of donor (triphenylamino group) and acceptor (ester group) and a long non-polar alkyl tail, have been ..
- Cloning and expression of cDNA encoding hamster liver 3-hydroxyhexobarbital/17beta(3alpha)-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1R Takenoshita
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Fukuoka University, 8 19 1 Nanakuma, Jonan ku, 814 0180, Fukuoka, Japan
Chem Biol Interact 130:863-70. 2001..and 74-76% identity to human liver bile acid binding protein/3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (DD2), human liver 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type I (DD4) and type II (DD3), and rabbit ovary 20alpha-..
- The human kidney is a progesterone-metabolizing and androgen-producing organM Quinkler
Department of Endocrinology, Klinikum Benjamin Franklin, Free University, 12200 Berlin, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:2803-9. 2003..analysis demonstrated the expression of 5 alpha-reductase type 1, 5 beta-reductase, aldo-keto-reductase (AKR) 1C1, AKR1C2, AKR1C3, 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3 beta-HSD) type 2, and 17 alpha-hydroxylase/17,20-lyase (P450c17)...
- Structure-function relationships in 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases: a comparison of the rat and human isoformsTrevor M Penning
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 3620 Hamilton Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 85:247-55. 2003..The X-ray crystal structures of AKR1C9 and AKR1C2 (human type 3 3alpha-HSD, bile acid binding protein and peripheral 3alpha-HSD) reveal that the AKR1C2 structure ..
- Simultaneous measurements of blood pressures in right and left brachial arteriesGad Mendelson
Shoham Geriatrics Center, Pardes Hanna, Israel
Cardiol Rev 12:276-8. 2004..and 171 men, mean age 79 +/- 10 years, 2 geriatricians simultaneously measured brachial artery blood pressure (BABP) with the patient in the sitting position...
- Carbonyl reduction of naltrexone and dolasetron by oxidoreductases isolated from human liver cytosolU Breyer-Pfaff
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Abteilung Toxikologie, Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen, Wilhelmstrasse 56, 72074 Tubingen, Germany
J Pharm Pharmacol 56:1601-6. 2004..AKR1C1, AKR1C2, and AKR1C4 were able to reduce both substrates...
- Chicken liver bile acid-binding protein is in a compact partly folded state at acidic pH. Its relevance to the interaction with lipid membranesVerónica Nolan
Departamento de Quimica Biologica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba CIQUIBIC CONICET Pabellón Argentina, Ciudad Universitaria 5000 Córdoba, Argentina
Biochemistry 44:8486-93. 2005..the far- and near-UV, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, and size-exclusion chromatography, we found that L-BABP was partly unfolded at pH 2.5 and low ionic strength, retaining some of its secondary structure. Addition of 0...
- Disruption of a Plasmodium falciparum gene linked to male sexual development causes early arrest in gametocytogenesisTetsuya Furuya
Laboratory of Malaria and Vector Research, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 8132, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:16813-8. 2005A male gametocyte defect in the Plasmodium falciparum Dd2 parasite was previously discovered through the observation that all progeny clones in a Dd2 x HB3 genetic cross were the result of fertilization events between Dd2 female and HB3 ..
- 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 and its receptor inhibit the chenodeoxycholic acid-dependent transactivation by farnesoid X receptorYumiko Honjo
Second Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 431 3192, Japan
J Endocrinol 188:635-43. 2006..the natural promoter for the small heterodimer partner (SHP), bile salt export pump (BSEP), and ileum bile acid (I-BABP) gene...
- Relationship between immobilized artificial membrane chromatographic retention and human oral absorption of structurally diverse drugsJignesh Kotecha
Department of Quality Assurance, L M College of Pharmacy, P O Box 4011, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad 380009, India
Int J Pharm 333:127-35. 2007..The retention (capacity factor, k'(IAM) of each drug was measured by reverse phase HPLC using an IAM.PC.DD2 (1 cm x 3 mm i.d., 12 microm) column with an eluent of acetonitrile - 0.01 M phosphate buffer at pH 4.5-7.4...
- Amy E Wright; Fiscal Year: 2014..resulting in the identification of 165 fractions from 85 organisms that reproducibly inhibit the drug resistant Dd2 strain of Plasmodium falciparum at concentrations lower than 5 [unreadable]g/mL...
- Development of a Chloroquine Replacement DrugMICHAEL KEVIN RISCOE; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., D6, Dd2, 7G8 and Tm90-C2B. PH128 is active by oral means of administration in P. berghei and P...
- ANTIMALARIAL ACTION AND RESISTANCEDonald Krogstad; Fiscal Year: 1991..To accomplish this, a genomic DNA library from the resistant Dd2 parent strain will be hybridized to DNA from the resistant progeny...
- INTRACELLULAR TRANSPORT OF AMPHIPATHSBruce Luxon; Fiscal Year: 2000..by co-diffusion with soluble binding proteins like fatty acid binding protein (FABP) or bile acid binding protein (BABP)...
- Dihydrodiol dehydrogenase mediates cisplatin resistanceHenry Simpkins; Fiscal Year: 2007..Analysis of a human lung squamous cell carcinoma cell line (A549) which has a very high levels of endogenous DDH2 mRNA exhibited a degree of cisplatin resistance greater than that of the 2008/C13* cell line...
- Breast cancer and HRT: genetic susceptibility within th*Kathleen Malone; Fiscal Year: 2006..polymorphisms (SNPs) and tagSNPs in the PGR gene, and the following progesterone metabolizing genes, AKR1C1, AKR1C2, AKR1C3, SRD5A1, SRD5A2, and the CYP3A4 gene...
- Symposium on Aldo-Keto Reductases & Toxicant MetabolismTREVOR PENNING; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Multistage CarcinogenesisTREVOR PENNING; Fiscal Year: 2006..By studying the discrete molecular events responsible for the causation of cancer this Program may lead to the early prevention and intervention of this disease. ..
- Novel Anti-Malarials by Combinatorial PharmacogenomicsJoseph DeRisi; Fiscal Year: 2006..The compiled relationships from known anti-malarials, novel quinolines, and toxicology will then be used to guide and optimize additional synthesis efforts toward the ultimate goal of producing effective therapeutics. ..