Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AKAP3
Description: A-kinase anchoring protein 3
Alias: AKAP 110, AKAP110, CT82, FSP95, HEL159, PRKA3, SOB1, A-kinase anchor protein 3, A kinase (PRKA) anchor protein 3, A-kinase anchor protein, 110kDa, Fibrous Sheath Protein of 95 kDa, cancer/testis antigen 82, epididymis luminal protein 159, fibrousheathin I, fibrousheathin-1, protein kinase A binding protein AKAP 110, protein kinase A-anchoring protein 3, sperm oocyte-binding protein 1
- Vizel R, Hillman P, Ickowicz D, Breitbart H. AKAP3 degradation in sperm capacitation is regulated by its tyrosine phosphorylation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1850:1912-20 pubmed publisher..PKA-dependent protein tyrosine phosphorylation occurs in mammalian sperm capacitation including AKAP3. In a recent study, we showed that AKAP3 undergoes degradation under capacitation conditions...
- Lea I, Widgren E, O Rand M. Association of sperm protein 17 with A-kinase anchoring protein 3 in flagella. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2004;2:57 pubmed..In this study in vitro precipitation and immunolocalization demonstrate that Sp17 binds to AKAP3 (AKAP110) in spermatozoa...
- Sharma S, Qian F, Keitz B, Driscoll D, Scanlan M, Skipper J, et al. A-kinase anchoring protein 3 messenger RNA expression correlates with poor prognosis in epithelial ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2005;99:183-8 pubmed..Since AKAP-3 demonstrates tumor-restricted expression and appears to be associated with worse overall survival, it could represent an attractive target for antigen-specific immunotherapy in EOC. ..
- Lefievre L, Chen Y, Conner S, Scott J, Publicover S, Ford W, et al. Human spermatozoa contain multiple targets for protein S-nitrosylation: an alternative mechanism of the modulation of sperm function by nitric oxide?. Proteomics. 2007;7:3066-84 pubmed..Potential targets for S-nitrosylation in human sperm include physiologically significant proteins not previously reported in other cells. Their identification will provide novel insight into the mechanism of action of NO in spermatozoa. ..
- Ficarro S, Chertihin O, Westbrook V, White F, Jayes F, Kalab P, et al. Phosphoproteome analysis of capacitated human sperm. Evidence of tyrosine phosphorylation of a kinase-anchoring protein 3 and valosin-containing protein/p97 during capacitation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:11579-89 pubmed..Immunolocalization of VCP showed fluorescent staining in the neck of noncapacitated sperm. However, after capacitation, staining in the neck decreased, and most of the sperm showed fluorescent staining in the anterior head. ..
- Lester L, Scott J. Anchoring and scaffold proteins for kinases and phosphatases. Recent Prog Horm Res. 1997;52:409-29; discussion 429-30 pubmed..Collectively, these studies suggest that the AKAPs represent a growing family of regulatory proteins that provide a molecular architecture that organizes the intracellular location of a single or multiple multifunctional kinase. ..
- Hasegawa K, Ono T, Matsushita H, Shimono M, Noguchi Y, Mizutani Y, et al. A-kinase anchoring protein 3 messenger RNA expression in ovarian cancer and its implication on prognosis. Int J Cancer. 2004;108:86-90 pubmedA-kinase anchoring protein 3 (AKAP3) is a sperm protein and its expression appears to be restricted to the testis in normal adult tissues...
- Li Y, He W, Mandal A, Kim Y, Digilio L, Klotz K, et al. CABYR binds to AKAP3 and Ropporin in the human sperm fibrous sheath. Asian J Androl. 2011;13:266-74 pubmed publisher..in combination with mass spectrometry and western blot, was employed to explore the relationship between CABYR, AKAP3 and Ropporin...
- Song M, Choi K, Shin D, Lee C, Lee S. Identification of the cancer/testis antigens AKAP3 and CTp11 by SEREX in hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:1792-8 pubmed publisher..We isolated 3 different antigens, AKAP3, CTp11, and UBQLN3...
- Fatima S, Wagstaff K, Loveland K, Jans D. Interactome of the negative regulator of nuclear import BRCA1-binding protein 2. Sci Rep. 2015;5:9459 pubmed publisher..with three of these, PH domain and leucine rich repeat protein phosphatase 1 (PHLPP1), A-Kinase anchor protein (AKAP3) and DNA methyl transferase 1 (DNMT1), was confirmed by coimmunoprecipitation assays...
- Esmaeili R, Majidzadeh A K, Farahmand L, Ghasemi M, Salehi M, Khoshdel A. AKAP3 correlates with triple negative status and disease free survival in breast cancer. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:681 pubmed publisher..b>AKAP3 expression was investigated in 162 tumors, normal adjacent and normal tissues of the breast with Real-Time PCR...
- Lefevre A, Duquenne C, Rousseau Merck M, Rogier E, Finaz C. Cloning and characterization of SOB1, a new testis-specific cDNA encoding a human sperm protein probably involved in oocyte recognition. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;259:60-6 pubmedA human sperm-oocyte binding protein, SOB1, was purified by two dimensional gel electrophoresis and sequenced...
- Newell A, Fiedler S, Ruan J, Pan J, Wang P, Deininger J, et al. Protein kinase A RII-like (R2D2) proteins exhibit differential localization and AKAP interaction. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2008;65:539-52 pubmed publisher..Based on location, affinity for AKAPs and lack of affinity for cAMP, it appears that each R2D2 protein has a unique role in this process. ..
- Michel J, Scott J. AKAP mediated signal transduction. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. 2002;42:235-57 pubmed..This review details the most recent advances in our understanding of the various biological functions dependent upon AKAP-anchored signaling complexes. ..