Gene Symbol: AIM1
Description: absent in melanoma 1
Alias: CRYBG1, ST4, absent in melanoma 1 protein, beta-gamma crystallin domain containing 1, beta/gamma crystallin domain-containing protein 1, suppression of tumorigenicity 4 (malignant melanoma)
- Biomarkers for predicting the sensitivity of cancer cells to TRAIL-R1 agonistic monoclonal antibodyShinsuke Araki
Pharmaceutical Research Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Research Division, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, 10 Wadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 300 4293, Japan
Cancer Lett 292:269-79. 2010..We have identified four genes (STK17B, SP140L, CASP8, and AIM1) whose expression levels differ significantly between TRAIL-R1 mAb-sensitive and resistant cell lines...
- [Placental mitochondrial respiratory function of native Tibetan at high altitude]Xiu xin Zhao
Department of Pathophysiology and High Altitude Physiology, College of High Altitude Military Medicine, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:894-7. 2007..To explore the mitochondrial mechanism of adaptation to hypoxia of Tibetan...
- Fibrinogen Longmont: a dysfibrinogenemia that causes prolonged clot-based test results only when using an optical detection methodJ B Lefkowitz
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, USA
Am J Hematol 63:149-55. 2000..end point using an optical detection method (ACL3000+) and a normal PT using an electromechanical detection method (ST4 Clot Detection System)...
- Development and evaluation of a real-time PCR assay for detection and quantification of blastocystis parasites in human stool samples: prospective study of patients with hematological malignanciesPhilippe Poirier
Clermont Universite, JE 2526, Evolution des bactéries pathogènes et susceptibilité de l hôte, BP 10448, F 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France
J Clin Microbiol 49:975-83. 2011..0%) prevalence of ST4. Two unexpected avian subtypes were found, i.e...
- Cloning and tissue expression of the mouse ortholog of AIM1, a betagamma-crystallin superfamily memberU Teichmann
Laboratory for Genetic Disease Research, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, 49 Convent Drive MSC4472, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4472, USA
Mamm Genome 9:715-20. 1998We report the isolation of the murine ortholog of AIM1, a human gene whose expression is associated with the reversal of tumorigenicity in an experimental model of melanoma...
- The gene PPG encodes a novel yeast protein phosphatase involved in glycogen accumulationF Posas
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Veterinaria, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
J Biol Chem 268:1349-54. 1993..Among the sequences obtained, clone ST4-2 was found to code for a novel sequence related to previously known phosphatases...
- Conserved and novel functions for Arabidopsis thaliana MIA40 in assembly of proteins in mitochondria and peroxisomesChris Carrie
Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology, University of Western Australia, Crawley, Western Australia 6009, Australia
J Biol Chem 285:36138-48. 2010..peroxisomes the absence of Mia40 leads to an absence of CSD3 and a decrease in abnormal inflorescence meristem 1 (Aim1), a β-oxidation pathway enzyme. Inactivation of Mia40 leads to an alteration of the transcriptome of A...
- Aberrant promoter methylation of multiple genes during pathogenesis of bladder cancerMariana Brait
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1550 Orleans Street, CRB II, 5M, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:2786-94. 2008..The aims of our study were to elucidate the role of methylation of a large panel of genes during multistage pathogenesis of bladder cancer and to correlate our findings with patient age and other clinicopathologic features...
- A survey of methylated candidate tumor suppressor genes in nasopharyngeal carcinomaMyriam Loyo
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Greater Baltimore Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Int J Cancer 128:1393-403. 2011..The methylation status of AIM1, APC, CALCA, deleted in colorectal carcinomas (DCC), DLEC, deleted in liver cancer 1 (DLC1), estrogen receptor ..
- Reliability of multi-station interviews in selection of junior doctors for specialty trainingC Onyon
Birmingham Children s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Steelhouse Lane, Birmingham B4 6NH, UK
Med Teach 31:665-7. 2009..Interviews for junior doctor training posts in the UK are considered high stakes assessments following the introduction of Modernizing Medical Careers...
- Blastocystis: unravelling potential risk factors and clinical significance of a common but neglected parasiteC R Stensvold
Department of Bacteriology, Mycology and Parasitology, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
Epidemiol Infect 137:1655-63. 2009..common in FU individuals (32%) than in NORMAT individuals (8%), whereas single subtype infections due to ST3 or ST4 were seen in 63% of the NORMAT cases and 28% of the FU cases...
- Genetic parameters for stayability in Murrah buffaloesPriscilla M Galeazzi
São Paulo State University Animal Science Department Jaboticabal SP, Brazil
J Dairy Res 77:252-6. 2010..trait (ST) was defined as the female's ability to stay in the herd for one (ST1), two (ST2), three (ST3), four (ST4), five (ST5) or six years (ST6) after the first calving...
- Identification and functional characterisation of Complement Regulator Acquiring Surface Protein-1 of serum resistant Borrelia garinii OspA serotype 4Nathalie D van Burgel
Department of Medical Microbiology, Centre of Infectious Diseases, Leiden University Medical Centre, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
BMC Microbiol 10:43. 2010..One important immune escape mechanism for evading complement activation is the binding of complement regulators Factor H (CFH) or Factor H-like protein1 (FHL-1) to Complement Regulator-Acquiring Surface Proteins (CRASPs)...
- High prevalence of subtype 4 among isolates of Blastocystis hominis from symptomatic patients of a health district of Valencia (Spain)M Victoria Domínguez-Márquez
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario de La Ribera, Alzira 46600, Spain
Parasitol Res 105:949-55. 2009..9%) and ST4 (94.1%)...
- TGFbetaR2 aberrant methylation is a potential prognostic marker and therapeutic target in multiple myelomaFabricio de Carvalho
Discipline of Hematology and Hemotherapy, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, UNIFESP EPM, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Cancer 125:1985-91. 2009..2%) are frequently hypermethylated in MM while aberrant methylation of RARbeta (16.6%), MGMT (12.5%), AIM1 (12.5%), CDKN2A (8.3%), SOCS1 (8.3%), CCNA1 (8.3%) and THBS1 (4.1%) are rare events...
- Subtype analysis of Blastocystis isolates from symptomatic patients in EgyptLaetitia Souppart
INSERM U547, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Universite Lille Nord de France, 1 rue du Professeur Calmette, BP 245, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
Parasitol Res 106:505-11. 2010..05%). Together with previous studies carried out in different areas in Egypt, a total of five STs (ST1, ST2, ST3, ST4, and ST6) have been found in symptomatic patients...
- Confirmation of genomewide association signals in Chinese Han population reveals risk loci for ischemic strokeHu Ding
Department of Internal Medicine, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Stroke 41:177-80. 2010..The first genomewide association study of ischemic stroke in whites has identified multiple susceptibility loci. We confirmed this study by examining associations with ischemic stroke in a Chinese Han population...
- Genotyping and in vitro antifungal susceptibility of Neoscytalidium dimidiatum isolates from different originsHugo Madrid
Unitat de Microbiologia, Facultat de Medicina i Ciencies de la Salut, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Reus, Spain
Int J Antimicrob Agents 34:351-4. 2009..were detected exclusively in isolates from plants, two (ST1 and ST5) were found only in clinical isolates and one (ST4) was observed in isolates from humans and from a mango tree. We propose subordinating S. hyalinum as a variety of N...
- Detection of the procoagulant activity of microparticle-associated phosphatidylserine using XACTDavid E Connor
Department of Haematology and Haematological Stem Cell Transplantation, St Vincent s Hospital, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 20:558-64. 2009..XACT testing for procoagulant phospholipid was measured using an ST4 machine and microparticle counting was performed using flow cytometry for Annexin V binding...
- Genetic diversity of enterococci harboring the high-level gentamicin resistance gene aac(6')-Ie-aph(2'')-Ia or aph(2'')-Ie in a Japanese hospitalShojiro Watanabe
Department of Hygiene, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Microb Drug Resist 15:185-94. 2009..Some E. faecalis STs (ST4, ST16, ST64, and ST223) were found in more than one strain, and ST4 and ST64 were associated with different IS256-..
- Multilocus sequence typing of Cronobacter sakazakii and Cronobacter malonaticus reveals stable clonal structures with clinical significance which do not correlate with biotypesAdam Baldwin
Biological Sciences Department, University of Warwick, Gibbet Hill Road, Coventry, CV4 7AL, UK
BMC Microbiol 9:223. 2009..sakazakii and 16 strains of C. malonaticus, including the index strains used to define the biotypes. The strains were from clinical and non-clinical sources between 1951 and 2008 in USA, Canada, Europe, New Zealand and the Far East...
- The importance of steric zipper on the aggregation of the MVGGVV peptide derived from the amyloid beta peptideLiang Kai Chang
Graduate Institute of Biotechnology National Taipei University of Technology, 1 Sec 3 Zhong Xiao E Rd, Taipei, Taiwan 10608
J Biomol Struct Dyn 28:39-50. 2010..We further proposed that the octameric structure (the SH2-ST4 model in this study) is the possible nucleus seed for MVGGVV protofibril formation...
- Short report: Molecular characterization of Blastocystis obtained from members of the indigenous Tapirapé ethnic group from the Brazilian Amazon region, BrazilAntonio F Malheiros
Department of Biology, Mato Grosso State University, Caceres, Mato Grosso, Brazil
Am J Trop Med Hyg 85:1050-3. 2011..The subtype distribution was markedly different from that reported in Europe in that ST4 was not detected and ST3 was not the most common subtype...
- Predominance of Cronobacter sakazakii sequence type 4 in neonatal infectionsSusan Joseph
Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham, UK
Emerg Infect Dis 17:1713-5. 2011..Half (20/41) of the C. sakazakii strains were sequence type (ST) 4, and 9/12 meningitis isolates were ST4. C. sakazakii ST4 appears to be a highly stable clone with a high propensity for neonatal meningitis.
- Predominance of sequence type 1 group with serotype VI among group B streptococci with reduced penicillin susceptibility identified in JapanKouji Kimura
Department of Bacteriology II, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 4 7 1 Gakuen, Musashi Murayama, Tokyo 208 0011, Japan
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:2460-4. 2011..In this study, PRGBS from Japan were characterized by multilocus sequence typing (MLST) and the results compared with data on PRGBS reported from the USA...
- Identification of FOXO3 and PRDM1 as tumor-suppressor gene candidates in NK-cell neoplasms by genomic and functional analysesKennosuke Karube
Division of Molecular Medicine, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya, Japan
Blood 118:3195-204. 2011..One of these regions included POPDC3, PREP, PRDM1, ATG5, and AIM1, whereas the other included LACE1 and FOXO3...
- G-CSF therapy and catheter-related Gram-positive sepsis increase serum IL-2 receptor α level and may falsely suggest a relapse in children with soft tissue sarcomas unless serum beta2-microglobulin, lactate dehydrogenase and C-reactive protein levels are Ewa Bien
Department of Pediatrics, Hematology, Oncology and Endocrinology, Medical University of Gdansk, 7 Debinki Street, 80 211 Gdansk, Poland
Cytokine 55:347-52. 2011..ST1), in complete remission (CR; ST2), in CR during G-CSF therapy (ST3), in CR during CVC-related sepsis (ST4), on relapse (ST5) and after treatment (ST6) and once in 50 healthy pediatric controls...
- Blastocystis sp. subtype 4 is common in Danish Blastocystis-positive patients presenting with acute diarrheaChristen Rune Stensvold
Laboratory of Parasitology, Department of Microbiological Diagnostics, Statens Serum Institut, Artillerivej 5, Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Trop Med Hyg 84:883-5. 2011..A total of 25 patients (5.6%) were positive, and 19 of these patients (76.0%) were positive for Blastocystis sp. ST4. Because the relative prevalence of ST4 in other patients presenting with other types of diarrhea (persistent, ..
- Multilocus sequence typing of Bartonella henselae in the United Kingdom indicates that only a few, uncommon sequence types are associated with zoonotic diseaseGemma L Chaloner
Department for Infection Biology, Institute for Infection and Global Health and School of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, South Wirral CH64 7TE, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 49:2132-7. 2011..e., ST2, ST5, and ST8. Conversely, most (74%) of the feline isolates belonged to ST4, ST6, and ST7...
- Molecular subtyping of Blastocystis sp. isolates from symptomatic patients in ItalyDionigia Meloni
Center for Infection and Immunity of Lille CIIL, Institut Pasteur of Lille, Inserm U1019, CNRS UMR 8204, University Lille Nord de France, Biology and Diversity of Emerging Eukaryotic Pathogens BDEEP, 1 rue du Professeur Calmette, BP 245, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
Parasitol Res 109:613-9. 2011..1%), ST2 (20.6%), ST4 (17.7%), ST1 (8.8%), and ST7, and ST8 (2.9%)...
- Increased sampling reveals novel lineages of Entamoeba: consequences of genetic diversity and host specificity for taxonomy and molecular detectionC Rune Stensvold
Department of Microbiological Diagnostics, Statens Serum Institut, Artillerivej 3, DK 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
Protist 162:525-41. 2011..Entamoeba infecting humans is called Entamoeba polecki and divided into four subtypes (ST1-ST4) and that Entamoeba coli is divided into two subtypes (ST1-ST2)...
- The multifunctional protein in peroxisomal beta-oxidation: structure and substrate specificity of the Arabidopsis thaliana protein MFP2Susan Arent
Protein Chemistry Group, Carlsberg Laboratory, Gamle Carlsberg Vej 10, DK 2500 Valby, Denmark
J Biol Chem 285:24066-77. 2010..Two multifunctional peroxisomal isozymes, MFP2 and AIM1, both with 2-trans-enoyl-CoA hydratase and l-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase activities, function in mouse ear ..
- Genes associated with long-chain omega-3 fatty acids in bovine skeletal muscleR Perez
Department of Animal Production, Veterinary Faculty, Complutense University of Madrid, Spain
J Appl Genet 51:479-87. 2010..tested for nt821del11 and Q204X mutations) and the wild-type muscles for genes GDH1, IGF2R, FADS1, ASPH, and AIM1, all showing down-regulation in Asturiana de los Valles calves with muscle hypertrophy (GDF8-null)...
- Dendritic morphology and tracer-coupling pattern of physiologically identified transient uniformity detector ganglion cells in rabbit retinaBenjamin Sivyer
ARC Centre of Excellence in Vision Science, Queensland Brain Institute, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Vis Neurosci 27:159-70. 2010..Consistent with their unistratified medium-field morphology, these St4/5 amacrine cells appear to be GABAergic: their somata are immunopositive for GABA but immunonegative for glycine ..
- Acupuncture benefits a pregnant patient who has Bell's palsy: a case studyHong Lei
Institute of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, Wuhan, Hubei, People s Republic of China
J Altern Complement Med 16:1011-4. 2010..the qi sensation, and direct moxibustion with moxa sticks was performed at two points, Yangbai (GB14) and Dicang (ST4)...
- Explosive expansion of betagamma-crystallin genes in the ancestral vertebrateGuido Kappé
Biomolecular Chemistry 271, NCMLS, Radboud University Nijmegen, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Mol Evol 71:219-30. 2010..The genome also encodes a non-lenticular protein containing betagamma-crystallin motifs, AIM1, also found in gnathostomes but not detectable in the uro- or cephalochordate genome...
- Expression of IFNγR2 mutated in a dileucine internalization motif reinstates IFNγ signaling and apoptosis in human T lymphocytesDaniela Boselli
Center for Experimental Research and Medical Studies, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, University of Turin, 10126 Turin, Italy
Immunol Lett 134:17-25. 2010..Malignant ST4 cells transduced with either wild-type or mutated receptor were able to grow in SCID mice, but only the ..
- Evidence based acupuncture practice recommendations for peripheral facial paralysisHui Zheng
Department of Acupuncture and Moxibusion, Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chengdu 610075, China
Am J Chin Med 37:35-43. 2009..On the whole, when treating PFP, the best acupoints options are Dicang (ST4), Xiaguan (ST7), Jiache (ST6), Chengjiang (CV24), Yingxiang (LI20), Quanliao (SI18), Yifeng (TE17), Yangbai (GB14), ..
- Recombinant human soluble CD4 does not inhibit immune function in cynomolgus monkeysP J Bugelski
Department of Experimental Pathology, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19406
Toxicol Pathol 19:580-8. 1991Recombinant soluble CD4 (sT4) has been shown to inhibit infectivity of HIV...
- Stability, homodimerization, and calcium-binding properties of a single, variant betagamma-crystallin domain of the protein absent in melanoma 1 (AIM1)Bheemreddy Rajini
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Uppal Road, Hyderabad 500007, India
Biochemistry 42:4552-9. 2003b>AIM1 (absent in melanoma), a candidate suppressor of malignancy in melanoma, is a nonlens member of the betagamma-crystallin superfamily, which contains six predicted betagamma domains...
- Distinctive distribution of AIM1 polymorphism among major human populations with different skin colorKazuhiro Nakayama
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Hum Genet 47:92-4. 2002..The gene for the AIM-1 protein (AIM1) was recently found to be responsible for the body color of medaka fish...
- Mutations in the gene encoding B, a novel transporter protein, reduce melanin content in medakaS Fukamachi
Department of Integrated Biosciences, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, University of Tokyo, Kashiwa no ha 5 1 5, Kashiwa shi, Chiba ken 277 0882, Japan
Nat Genet 28:381-5. 2001..Here, we report the first successful positional cloning of a medaka gene (AIM1): one that encodes a transporter that mediates melanin synthesis...
- Recent advances in melanoma researchT Saida
Department of Dermatology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, 3 1 1 Asahi, 390 8621, Matsumoto, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 26:1-13. 2001..Deletions of PTEN/MMAC1 on 10q23.3 and AIM1 on 6q21 as well as mutations of ras gene are involved in the later progression stages of melanoma...
- Nonperiodic activity of the human anaphase-promoting complex-Cdh1 ubiquitin ligase results in continuous DNA synthesis uncoupled from mitosisC S Sorensen
Danish Cancer Society, Institute of Cancer Biology, DK 2100 Copenhagen O, Denmark
Mol Cell Biol 20:7613-23. 2000..broad range of critical mitotic regulators including cyclin B1, cyclin A, Plk1, Pds1, mitosin (CENP-F), Aim1, and Cdc20...
- Interleukin-2 gene-transduced human leukemic cells induce major histocompatibility complex-restricted and -unrestricted anti-leukemic effectors in mixed lymphocyte-tumor culturesA Cignetti
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche ed Oncologia Umana, University of Torino, Italy
Cancer Gene Ther 7:167-76. 2000..A lymphoblastic T-cell line, ST4, obtained from a patient in long-lasting complete remission, was retrovirally engineered with the IL-2, IL-7, and ..
- Caspase-dependent apoptosis of cells expressing the chemokine receptor CXCR4 is induced by cell membrane-associated human immunodeficiency virus type 1 envelope glycoprotein (gp120)M Biard-Piechaczyk
Laboratoire Infections Retrovirales et Signalisation Cellulaire, CNRS EP 2104, Institut de Biologie, 4 Boulevard Henri IV, Montpellier Cedex, 34060, France
Virology 268:329-44. 2000..Monoclonal antibodies directed against the gp120-binding site on CD4 (ST4) and against CXCR4 (MAB173) prevented the apoptotic signal in a dose-dependent manner...
- A defect in beta-oxidation causes abnormal inflorescence development in ArabidopsisT A Richmond
Department of Botany, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Plant Cell 11:1911-24. 1999The abnormal inflorescence meristem1 (aim1) mutation affects inflorescence and floral development in Arabidopsis...
- Loss of heterozygosity for loci on the long arm of chromosome 6 in human malignant melanomaD Millikin
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson 85724
Cancer Res 51:5449-53. 1991..These results have led us to conclude that the loss of sequences from the long arm of chromosome 6 is a nonrandom and possibly biologically relevant event in human malignant melanoma...
- AIM1, a novel non-lens member of the betagamma-crystallin superfamily, is associated with the control of tumorigenicity in human malignant melanomaM E Ray
Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:3229-34. 1997b>AIM1 is a novel gene whose expression is associated with the experimental reversal of tumorigenicity of human malignant melanoma. The predicted protein product of the major 4...
- Isolation and characterization of genes associated with chromosome-6 mediated tumor suppression in human malignant melanomaM E Ray
Department of Human Genetics, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Oncogene 12:2527-33. 1996..One cDNA (termed AIM1) was localized to a band-region of chromosome 6 frequently deleted in melanomas (6q21)...
- Expression of candidate cell death genes in cell lines during apoptosisG Hacker
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Post Office Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Biochem Cell Biol 72:451-4. 1994..cell line (FDC-P1) that can be induced to undergo apoptosis by growth factor withdrawal and in a thymoma line (ST4) that undergoes apoptosis when irradiated...
- Immunoglobulin JH rearrangement in a T-cell line reflects fusion to the DH locus at a sequence lacking the nonamer recognition signalS Gerondakis
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Immunogenetics 28:255-9. 1988..We have cloned and analyzed the JH rearrangements found on both alleles in the T lymphoma ST4. One represents conventional recombination between a member of the SP2 DH family and JH3...
- Binding of soluble CD4 proteins to human immunodeficiency virus type 1 and infected cells induces release of envelope glycoprotein gp120T K Hart
Department of Experimental Pathology, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, PA 19406
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:2189-93. 1991..We demonstrate biochemically and morphologically that following binding, the soluble CD4 proteins sT4, V1V2,DT, and V1 (amino acids 1-369, 1-183, and -2 to 106 of mature CD4) induced the release of gp120 from HIV-..
- Construction of CD4-based chimeric molecules by chemical cross-linkingT Idziorek
, Bat. CERVI, , Paris, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 7:529-36. 1991A simple method by which a soluble form of human CD4 (sT4) is chemically coupled to various carriers using a bifunctional reagent is described...
- IGF-1 down-regulates IFN-gamma R2 chain surface expression and desensitizes IFN-gamma/STAT-1 signaling in human T lymphocytesPaola Bernabei
Center for Experimental Research and Medical Studies, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, and Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Turin, Orbassano, Italy
Blood 102:2933-9. 2003..of the IFN-gamma R2 chain and inhibited both IFN-gamma-dependent STAT-1 activation and apoptosis in T-cell lines ST4, Jurkat, and Molt-4...
- A potential food-grade cloning vector for Streptococcus thermophilus that uses cadmium resistance as the selectable markerWing Yee Wong
DSM Food Specialties, Moorebank, New South Wales 2170, Australia
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:5767-71. 2003..thermophilus industrial strains tested, ST3-1 and ST4-1. Its relatively high retention rate in S...
- Crosstalk between biotic and abiotic stress responses in tomato is mediated by the AIM1 transcription factorSynan Abuqamar
Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Purdue University, 915 West State Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2054, USA
Plant J 58:347-60. 2009..Together, our data suggest SlAIM1 integrates plant responses to pathogens and abiotic stresses by modulating responses to ABA...
- A genome-wide genotyping study in patients with ischaemic stroke: initial analysis and data releaseMar Matarin
Molecular Genetics Unit, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Lancet Neurol 6:414-20. 2007..We aimed to identify any common genetic variability exerting a moderate to large effect on risk of ischaemic stroke, and to generate publicly available genome-wide genotype data to facilitate others doing the same...
- [Perceived stress and its influence on the eating behaviours of students at the University of Moncton, Moncton Campus]Denise Daigle Leblanc
nutrition alimentation, Universite de Moncton, Moncton, New Brunswick
Can J Diet Pract Res 69:133-40. 2008Measure and analyze the link between perceived stress and eating behaviours of first (St1) and fourth-year students (St4) at the University of Moncton at the beginning (T1) and end (T2) of an academic trimester.
- Effect of acupuncture in a patient with 7-year-history of Bell's palsyChau Lai Wong
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Altern Complement Med 14:847-53. 2008..To demonstrate the effect of acupuncture in a child with chronic Bell's palsy of 7 years duration...
- Exploring the limits of sequence and structure in a variant betagamma-crystallin domain of the protein absent in melanoma-1 (AIM1)Penmatsa Aravind
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Uppal Road, Hyderabad 500007, India
J Mol Biol 381:509-18. 2008..Absent in melanoma 1 (AIM1), an unusual member of the superfamily whose expression is associated with suppression of malignancy in melanoma, ..
- Molecular allelokaryotyping of early-stage, untreated chronic lymphocytic leukemiaSoren Lehmann
Department of Hematology Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Cancer 112:1296-305. 2008..Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) genomic array (SNP-chip) is a new tool that can detect copy number changes and uniparental disomy (UPD) over the entire genome with very high resolution...
- Normal pressure values and repeatability of the Emed ST4 systemA B Putti
Institute of Motion Analysis and Research IMAR, Division of Surgery and Oncology, TORT Centre, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, Scotland, UK
Gait Posture 27:501-5. 2008The aims of this study were to assess the repeatability of the Emed ST4 system and identify the range of pressure values observed in the normal foot. Fifty-three healthy subjects, 17 females (32%) and 36 males (68%), were recruited...
- Jasmonate biosynthesis in Arabidopsis thaliana requires peroxisomal beta-oxidation enzymes--additional proof by properties of pex6 and aim1Carolin Delker
Leibniz Institute of Plant Biochemistry, Department of Natural Product Biotechnology, Weinberg 3, D 06120 Halle S, Germany
Phytochemistry 68:1642-50. 2007..We analyzed JA biosynthesis in the Arabidopsis mutants pex6, affected in peroxisome biogenesis, and aim1, disrupted in fatty acid beta-oxidation...
- Role in virulence and protective efficacy in pigs of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium secreted components identified by signature-tagged mutagenesisSonya C Carnell
Division of Microbiology, Institute for Animal Health, Compton, Berkshire RG20 7NN, UK
Microbiology 153:1940-52. 2007..Typhimurium to colonize porcine intestines. A library of 1045 signature-tagged mutants of S. Typhimurium ST4/74 Nal(R) was screened following oral inoculation of pigs in duplicate...
- Genetic abnormalities involved in t(12;21) TEL-AML1 acute lymphoblastic leukemia: analysis by means of array-based comparative genomic hybridizationShinobu Tsuzuki
Division of Molecular Medicine, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan
Cancer Sci 98:698-706. 2007..2 (87%; TEL), 9p21.3 (29%; p16INK4a/ARF), 9p13.2 (25%; PAX5), 12q21.3 (25%; BTG1), 3p21 (21%; LIMD1), 6q21 (17%; AIM1 and BLIMP1), 4q31.23 (17%; NR3C2), 11q22-q23 (13%; ATM) and 19q13.11-q13.12 (13%; PDCD5)...
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic investigations on a betagamma-crystallin domain of absent in melanoma 1 (AIM1), a protein from Homo sapiensPenmatsa Aravind
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad 500 007, India
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 62:282-4. 2006AIM1g1 is a single betagamma-crystallin domain from the protein absent in melanoma 1 (AIM1), which appears to play a role in the suppression of melanomas...
- The Arabidopsis thaliana multifunctional protein gene (MFP2) of peroxisomal beta-oxidation is essential for seedling establishmentElizabeth L Rylott
CNAP, Department of Biology, University of York, PO Box 373, York YO10 5YW, UK
Plant J 45:930-41. 2006..A mutation in the abnormal inflorescence meristem gene AIM1, the only homologue of MFP2, results in an abnormal inflorescence meristem phenotype in mature plants (Richmond and ..
- The evolution of genes for pigmentation in African cichlid fishesAyano Sugie
Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta cho, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
Gene 343:337-46. 2004..such pigment pattern diversity, we cloned the cichlid homologs of tyrosinase, endothelin receptor b1, mitf, and Aim1 that previously had been cloned and characterized from pigmentation mutants of zebrafish and medaka fish...
- Role of NF-kappa B in cell survival and transcription of latent membrane protein 1-expressing or Epstein-Barr virus latency III-infected cellsEllen D Cahir-McFarland
The Channing Laboratory and Infectious Disease Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Virol 78:4108-19. 2004..Expression of IRF-2, AIM1, ASK1, SNF2L2, and components of IFN signaling pathways further distinguished EBV latency III-infected B cells from ..
- Mutations in the MATP gene in five German patients affected by oculocutaneous albinism type 4Uta Rundshagen
Institut für Humangenetik der Universität Lübeck, Lubeck, Germany
Hum Mutat 23:106-10. 2004..OCA4 was described as a new form of OCA in a single patient with a splice site mutation in the MATP gene (or AIM1), the human ortholog of the murine underwhite gene...
- Genomic analyses reveal global functional alterations that promote tumor growth and novel tumor suppressor genes in natural killer-cell malignanciesJ Iqbal
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Leukemia 23:1139-51. 2009..The minimal common region of deletion in 6q21 included three known genes (PRDM1, ATG5 and AIM1) showing generally low expression...
- Customized Contact LensesGeunyoung Yoon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our efforts during the next grant period are targeted at research that will overcome these limitations. Aim1.1 will stabilize the movement of customized soft contact lenses by sculpting the back surface profile to match the ..
- NFATc3 in chronic hypoxic pulmonary hypertensionLaura Gonzalez Bosc; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will use the same animal models proposed in aim1 and determine mRNA and protein Kv isoforms; NFATc3 binding to KV 1.5 and 2...
- NFATc3 in chronic hypoxic pulmonary hypertensionLaura V Gonzalez Bosc; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will use the same animal models proposed in aim1 and determine mRNA and protein Kv isoforms;NFATc3 binding to KV 1.5 and 2...
- Role of JAK2-PAK1 interaction in prolactin-dependent signalingMaria Diakonova; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Aim1 will determine the role of JAK2-phosphorylated PAK1 in regulating PRL-dependent actin cytoskeleton rearrangement, ..
- The Role of Cks Proteins in Mammalian MeiosisCharles Spruck; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our hypothesis is that Cks2 performs analogous regulatory functions in mammalian Ml. Specific Aims: Aim1. Determine the role of Cks2 in regulating MPF and APC/C activity in Ml. Aim2...
- The Role of Cks Proteins in Mammalian MeiosisCharles H Spruck; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our hypothesis is that Cks2 performs analogous regulatory functions in mammalian Ml. Specific Aims: Aim1. Determine the role of Cks2 in regulating MPF and APC/C activity in Ml. Aim2...
- Identification of pancreatic cancer specific high affinity targeting ligandsPAPPANAICKEN KUMARESAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Time line 12 months 24 months Aim1 To synthesize several OBTC libraries Aim2 HTS stringent screening of high affinity ligands Aim3 Evaluation of ..
- Combined Voltammetry/Electrophysiology in Behaving RatsREGINA CARELLI; Fiscal Year: 2009..Here, 4 specific aims are proposed to build upon that work. Aim1 will use FSCV alone to determine if rapid DA release is altered during a cocaine/sucrose multiple schedule when ..
- Combined Voltammetry/Electrophysiology in Behaving RatsRegina M Carelli; Fiscal Year: 2010..Here, 4 specific aims are proposed to build upon that work. Aim1 will use FSCV alone to determine if rapid DA release is altered during a cocaine/sucrose multiple schedule when ..
- A TRANSCRIPTIONAL PROGRAM REGULATING MYELOPOIESISAlan Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2004..PU.1 mRNA was rapidly induced by C/EBPa-ER, even in the presence of cycloheximide. Thus, the central hypothesis of aim1 is that C/EBPa activates the PU.1 gene in normal hematopoietic cells. Cis elements in the PU...
- TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR MUTANTS OF YEASTKaren M Arndt; Fiscal Year: 2011..Specific Aim1 is to determine the mechanism by which the Paf1 complex directs histone modifications...
- TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR MUTANTS OF YEASTKaren M Arndt; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific Aim1 is to determine the mechanism by which the Paf1 complex directs histone modifications...
- Synthetic Lethal Targeting of p53 in MyelodysplasiaA Look; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Aim1 we propose to elucidate the mechanistic basis of the synthetic-lethal relationship between p53 and chk1, by ..
- Synthetic Lethal Targeting of p53 in MyelodysplasiaA Thomas Look; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aim1 we propose to elucidate the mechanistic basis of the synthetic-lethal relationship between p53 and chk1, by ..
- Synthetic Lethal Targeting of p53 in MyelodysplasiaA Look; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Aim1 we propose to elucidate the mechanistic basis of the synthetic-lethal relationship between p53 and chk1, by ..
- TMS in the Management of Postoperative PainJeffrey J Borckardt; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using rigorous double-masked methods and building on preliminary pilot work, we propose (Aim1) to test whether repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation over the left prefrontal cortex significantly reduces ..
- TMS in the Management of Postoperative PainJeffrey Borckardt; Fiscal Year: 2009..Using rigorous double-masked methods and building on preliminary pilot work, we propose (Aim1) to test whether repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation over the left prefrontal cortex significantly reduces ..
- Task space control of normal & pathological locomotionCHENG YUN KAREN LIU; Fiscal Year: 2010..specific aims to study the use of task space control during locomotion are addressed: normal human locomotion (Aim1);pathological gait due to lower limb amputation (Aim2);and, the evaluation and simulation of the changes from ..
- Adherence to Swallowing Rehabilitation Exercises in Head and Neck CancerEileen H Shinn; Fiscal Year: 2010..Primary Aims Aim1) To compare the efficacy of a Self- Regulation intervention with an Enhanced Usual Care control group in increasing ..
- Structural Biology of Lysine Methylation in DNA Damage and Checkpoint SignalingGeorges Mer; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aim1, we will test the hypothesis that 53BP1 simultaneously recognizes methylated H4-K20 and phosphorylated histone H2AX ..
- Adherence to Swallowing Rehabilitation Exercises in Head and Neck CancerEileen Shinn; Fiscal Year: 2009..Primary Aims Aim1) To compare the efficacy of a Self- Regulation intervention with an Enhanced Usual Care control group in increasing ..
- Role of Stat3 in Breast Cancer TumorigenesisJacqueline F Bromberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., "wounds that never heal" and thereby promote de novo tumorogenesis(Aim1)...
- Troponin and Heart Function in Health and DiseaseJOSEPH MARK METZGER; Fiscal Year: 2010..hypoxia responsive gene switch system, will permit translation of this proposal's molecular/cellular advances (Aim1) directly to the beating heart in vivo in pre-clinical studies in living mammals (Aim 2)...
- Impact of HIV-1 Fitness on Disease ProgressionEric Arts; Fiscal Year: 2005..In SPECIFIC AIM1, we will compete each patient isolate with four control HIV-1 strains to determine a relative ex vivo fitness value...