Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AGTRAP
Description: angiotensin II receptor associated protein
Alias: ATRAP, type-1 angiotensin II receptor-associated protein, AT1 receptor-associated protein, ATI receptor-associated protein, angiotensin II, type I receptor-associated protein
- Xu H, Cheng Y, Wang W, Wu H, Zhang Y, Zang C, et al. 12-Lipoxygenase Inhibition on Microalbuminuria in Type-1 and Type-2 Diabetes Is Associated with Changes of Glomerular Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor Related to Insulin Resistance. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..II (Ang II) and Ang II type 1 receptor (AT1R), but decreased the expression of AT1R-associated protein (ATRAP) in rat glomeruli, compared to the control...
- Loftus S, Baxter L, Cronin J, Fufa T, Pavan W. Hypoxia-induced HIF1? targets in melanocytes reveal a molecular profile associated with poor melanoma prognosis. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2017;30:339-352 pubmed publisher..The expression levels for 10 of the HIF1? direct targets - GAPDH, PKM, PPAT, DARS, DTWD1, SEH1L, ZNF292, RLF, AGTRAP, and GPC6 - are significantly correlated with reduced time of disease-free status in melanoma by logistic ..
- Kobayashi R, Wakui H, Azushima K, Uneda K, Haku S, Ohki K, et al. An angiotensin II type 1 receptor binding molecule has a critical role in hypertension in a chronic kidney disease model. Kidney Int. 2017;91:1115-1125 pubmed publisherAngiotensin II type 1 receptor-associated protein (ATRAP) promotes AT1R internalization along with suppression of hyperactivation of tissue AT1R signaling...
- Mederle K, Gess B, Pluteanu F, Plackic J, Tiefenbach K, Grill A, et al. The angiotensin receptor-associated protein Atrap is a stimulator of the cardiac Ca2+-ATPase SERCA2a. Cardiovasc Res. 2016;110:359-70 pubmed publisherThe angiotensin II type 1 receptor-associated protein (Atrap) is highly expressed in the heart, but its function in the heart is unknown. We hypothesized that cardiac Atrap may interact with proteins other than the AT1 receptor...
- Bian J, Zhang S, Yi M, Yue M, Liu H. The mechanisms behind decreased internalization of angiotensin II type 1 receptor. Vascul Pharmacol. 2018;103-105:1-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, lower expression of AT1R-associated protein (ATRAP) or higher expression of AT1R-associated protein 1 (ARAP1) can reduce receptor internalization.
- Haruhara K, Wakui H, Azushima K, Kurotaki D, Kawase W, Uneda K, et al. Angiotensin receptor-binding molecule in leukocytes in association with the systemic and leukocyte inflammatory profile. Atherosclerosis. 2018;269:236-244 pubmed publisher..Angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1R)-associated protein (ATRAP) is an AT1R-specific binding protein, and is able to inhibit the pathological activation of AT1R signaling in ..
- Ohki K, Wakui H, Azushima K, Uneda K, Haku S, Kobayashi R, et al. ATRAP Expression in Brown Adipose Tissue Does Not Influence the Development of Diet-Induced Metabolic Disorders in Mice. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..In the present study, we newly generated ATRAP/Agtrap-floxed (ATRAPfl/fl) mice and adipose tissue-specific ATRAP downregulated (ATRAPadipoq) ..
- Azushima K, Ohki K, Wakui H, Uneda K, Haku S, Kobayashi R, et al. Adipocyte-Specific Enhancement of Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor-Associated Protein Ameliorates Diet-Induced Visceral Obesity and Insulin Resistance. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..We have shown that the AT1R-associated protein (ATRAP) promotes AT1R internalization from the cell surface into cytoplasm along with the suppression of overactivation ..
- Tamura K, Wakui H, Azushima K, Uneda K, Haku S, Kobayashi R, et al. Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor Binding Molecule ATRAP as a Possible Modulator of Renal Sodium Handling and Blood Pressure in Pathophysiology. Curr Med Chem. 2015;22:3210-6 pubmed..by employing yeast two-hybrid screening of a mouse kidney cDNA library and named AT1R-associated protein (ATRAP)...
- Huang H, Zhou J, Cui Z, Wang B, Hu Y. Angiotensin II type 1 receptor-associated protein plays a role in regulating the local renin-angiotensin system in HSC-T6 cells. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:3763-3768 pubmed publisher..The aim of the current study was to examine the expression of the angiotensin II type 1 receptor?associated protein (ATRAP) in the rat hepatic stellate cell line HSC?T6 and to determine its interactions with the local renin?angiotensin ..
- Ohki K, Wakui H, Kishio N, Azushima K, Uneda K, Haku S, et al. Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor-associated Protein Inhibits Angiotensin II-induced Insulin Resistance with Suppression of Oxidative Stress in Skeletal Muscle Tissue. Sci Rep. 2018;8:2846 pubmed publisherEnhancement of AT1 receptor-associated protein (ATRAP) in adipose tissue improves high fat diet (HFD)-induced visceral obesity and insulin resistance, and suppresses adipose oxidative stress...
- Wang H, Seo J, Gao S, Cui X, Jin H. Silencing of AtRAP, a target gene of a bacteria-induced small RNA, triggers antibacterial defense responses through activation of LSU2 and down-regulation of GLK1. New Phytol. 2017;215:1144-1155 pubmed publisher..We previously showed that AtlsiRNA-1, a bacteria-induced plant endogenous small interfering RNA, silences the AtRAP gene, which encodes a putative RNA binding protein...
- Maeda A, Tamura K, Wakui H, Dejima T, Ohsawa M, Azushima K, et al. Angiotensin receptor-binding protein ATRAP/Agtrap inhibits metabolic dysfunction with visceral obesity. J Am Heart Assoc. 2013;2:e000312 pubmed publisher..report that adipose tissues from patients and mice with metabolic disorders exhibit decreased expression of ATRAP/Agtrap, which is a specific binding modulator of the angiotensin II type 1 receptor, despite its abundant expression in ..
- Uneda K, Wakui H, Maeda A, Azushima K, Kobayashi R, Haku S, et al. Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor-Associated Protein Regulates Kidney Aging and Lifespan Independent of Angiotensin. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1R)-associated protein (ATRAP), which was originally identified as a molecule that binds to AT1R, is highly expressed in the kidney...
- Wang W, Huang Y, Zhou Z, Tang R, Zhao W, Zeng L, et al. Identification and characterization of AGTRAP, a human homolog of murine Angiotensin II Receptor-Associated Protein (Agtrap). Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2002;34:93-102 pubmed..The murine Angiotensin II Receptor-Associated Protein (Agtrap) is a new member of them...
- Guo S, Lopez Ilasaca M, Dzau V. Identification of calcium-modulating cyclophilin ligand (CAML) as transducer of angiotensin II-mediated nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT) activation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12536-41 pubmed..A novel AT1 receptor intracellular partner called AT1 receptor-associated protein (ATRAP) was identified, but its exact function has not been elucidated...
- Rabbitts J, Strom N, Sawyer J, Curry T, Dietz N, Roberts S, et al. Influence of endogenous angiotensin II on control of sympathetic nerve activity in human dehydration. J Physiol. 2009;587:5441-9 pubmed publisher..The sensitivity of baroreflex control of MSNA was unchanged during DEH compared to EUH. We conclude that endogenous increases in AngII during DEH contribute to DEH-associated sympathoexcitation. ..
- Cui T, Nakagami H, Iwai M, Takeda Y, Shiuchi T, Tamura K, et al. ATRAP, novel AT1 receptor associated protein, enhances internalization of AT1 receptor and inhibits vascular smooth muscle cell growth. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;279:938-41 pubmed..that interacts specifically with the carboxyl-terminal cytoplasmic domain of the AT1a receptor, which we named ATRAP (for AT1 receptor-associated protein)...
- Matsushita T, Isobe N, Kawajiri M, Mogi M, Tsukuda K, Horiuchi M, et al. CSF angiotensin II and angiotensin-converting enzyme levels in anti-aquaporin-4 autoimmunity. J Neurol Sci. 2010;295:41-5 pubmed publisher..76+/-0.23 ng/ml, P(corr)<0.001 for both). CSF angiotensin II, ACE, and ACE2 levels are decreased in NMO/NMOs patients with anti-AQP4 antibody, reflecting severe destruction of perivascular astrocytes. ..
- Godin C, Ferreira L, Dale L, Gros R, Cregan S, Ferguson S. The small GTPase Ral couples the angiotensin II type 1 receptor to the activation of phospholipase C-delta 1. Mol Pharmacol. 2010;77:388-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results provide evidence for a G protein-coupled recepto-activated and RalGDS/Ral-mediated mechanism for PLC-delta 1 stimulation. ..
- Castrop H. A role for AT1 receptor-associated proteins in blood pressure regulation. Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2015;21:43-7 pubmed publisher..Two aspects of blood pressure regulation will be discussed in detail: angiotensin II-dependent volume homoeostasis and vascular resistance. ..
- Yue Y, Ma K, Li Z, Wang Z. Angiotensin II type 1 receptor-associated protein regulates carotid intimal hyperplasia through controlling apoptosis of vascular smooth muscle cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;495:2030-2037 pubmed publisher..Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor-Associated Protein (ATRAP) has been reported to withstand intimal hyperplasia by inhibiting VSMCs proliferation and migration; however, ..
- Guo D, Tardif V, Ghelima K, Chan J, Ingelfinger J, Chen X, et al. A novel angiotensin II type 1 receptor-associated protein induces cellular hypertrophy in rat vascular smooth muscle and renal proximal tubular cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:21109-20 pubmed..These findings may provide new molecular mechanisms to understand hypertrophic agents such as angiotensin II-induced cellular hypertrophy. ..
- Guo D, Chenier I, Tardif V, Orlov S, Inagami T. Type 1 angiotensin II receptor-associated protein ARAP1 binds and recycles the receptor to the plasma membrane. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;310:1254-65 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate a role for ARAP1 in the recycling of the AT(1) receptor to the plasma membrane with presumable concomitant recovery of receptor signal functions. ..
- Garner K, Li M, Ugwuanya N, Cockcroft S. The phosphatidylinositol transfer protein RdgB? binds 14-3-3 via its unstructured C-terminus, whereas its lipid-binding domain interacts with the integral membrane protein ATRAP (angiotensin II type I receptor-associated protein). Biochem J. 2011;439:97-111 pubmed publisher..with the integral membrane protein ATRAP (angiotensin II type I receptor-associated protein; also known as AGTRAP) causing membrane recruitment...