Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ADRA1B
Description: adrenoceptor alpha 1B
Alias: ADRA1, ALPHA1BAR, alpha-1B adrenergic receptor, adrenergic, alpha-1B-, receptor, alpha-1B adrenoceptor, alpha-1B adrenoreceptor
- Wang Z, Sun L, Guan W, Zhou C, Tang B, Cheng Y, et al. De novo transcriptome sequencing and analysis of male and female swimming crab (Portunus trituberculatus) reproductive systems during mating embrace (stage II). BMC Genet. 2018;19:3 pubmed publisher..trituberculatus were identified: ADRA1B, BAP1, ARL3, and TRPA1...
- Franzellitti S, Kiwan A, Valbonesi P, Capolupo M, Buratti S, Moon T, et al. Characterization of a β2 adrenergic receptor protein precursor in the European eel (Anguilla anguilla) and its tissue distribution across silvering. Mar Environ Res. 2018;137:158-168 pubmed publisher..gene product was analyzed in five tissues of the eel at different silvering stages and compared with that of the ADRA1 mRNA encoding an α1-AR subtype...
- Yang J, Mamounis K, Yasrebi A, Roepke T. Regulation of gene expression by 17Î²-estradiol in the arcuate nucleus of the mouse through ERE-dependent and ERE-independent mechanisms. Steroids. 2016;107:128-38 pubmed publisher..The adrenergic receptor Adra1b was suppressed by E2B in all genotypes indicating that ERÎ± is not the primary receptor for E2B's actions...
- Kratsman N, Getselter D, Elliott E. Sodium butyrate attenuates social behavior deficits and modifies the transcription of inhibitory/excitatory genes in the frontal cortex of an autism model. Neuropharmacology. 2016;102:136-45 pubmed publisher..decrease in several excitatory neurotransmitter and neuronal activation marker genes, including cFos Grin2b, and Adra1, together with the increase in inhibitory neurotransmitter genes Drd2 and Gabrg1, suggests that sodium butyrate ..
- Long Q, Liu X, Guo S. Surgery accelerates the development of endometriosis inÂ mice. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016;215:320.e1-320.e15 pubmed publisher..adenosine monophosphate-responsive element-binding protein, Î²2-adrenergic receptor (ADRB)-2, ADRB1, ADRB3, ADRA1, and ADRA2 in ectopic implants...
- Stein A, Goonewardena S, Jones T, Prusick P, Bazzi A, Belyavskaya J, et al. The PTIP-Associated Histone Methyltransferase Complex Prevents Stress-Induced Maladaptive Cardiac Remodeling. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0127839 pubmed publisher..PTIP deletion resulted in altered stress-induced gene expression profiles including blunted expression of ADRA1A, ADRA1B, JUN, ATP2A2, ATP1A2, SCN4B, and CACNA1G...
- Jurkiewicz N, Caricati Neto A, Verde L, Honda L, da Silva Júnior E, Reuter H, et al. Could Î±1-adrenoceptors and androgen receptors be modified by sexual maturation and testosterone in the rat testicular capsule?. Life Sci. 2015;141:212-20 pubmed publisher..Androgen receptor and Î±1-adrenoceptor (Adra1a, Adra1b, and Adra1d) mRNA levels were similar in testicular capsule from all experimental groups...
- Hawi Z, Matthews N, Barry E, Kirley A, Wagner J, Wallace R, et al. A high density linkage disequilibrium mapping in 14 noradrenergic genes: evidence of association between SLC6A2, ADRA1B and ADHD. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2013;225:895-902 pubmed publisher..Although suggestive evidence of association (nominal p???0.05) with the genes SLC6A2, ADRA1A, ADRA1B and ADRA2B was observed, none remained significant after permutation adjustments...
- Gonzalez S, Moreno Delgado D, Moreno E, Pérez Capote K, Franco R, Mallol J, et al. Circadian-related heteromerization of adrenergic and dopamine D? receptors modulates melatonin synthesis and release in the pineal gland. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001347 pubmed publisher..The unanticipated heteromerization between adrenergic and dopamine D? receptors provides a feedback mechanism for the neuronal hormone system in the form of dopamine to control circadian inputs...
- Forray C, Bard J, Wetzel J, Chiu G, Shapiro E, Tang R, et al. The alpha 1-adrenergic receptor that mediates smooth muscle contraction in human prostate has the pharmacological properties of the cloned human alpha 1c subtype. Mol Pharmacol. 1994;45:703-8 pubmed..The findings of the present study suggest that selective alpha 1c-adrenergic receptor antagonists may be clinically more efficacious and better tolerated agents for the treatment of symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia. ..
- Karabacak O, Yilmazer D, Ozturk U, Sener N, Saltas H, Karabacak Y, et al. The presence and distribution of alpha adrenergic receptors in human renal pelvis and calyces. Urolithiasis. 2013;41:385-8 pubmed publisher..05). After the demonstration of ?-adrenergic receptors in pelvis and calyces of human kidney, it may be helpful in coming up with new alternative treatments for patients suffering from kidney stones. ..
- Qian A, Wang W, Sanborn B. Evidence for the involvement of several intracellular domains in the coupling of oxytocin receptor to G alpha(q/11). Cell Signal. 1998;10:101-5 pubmed..While these data indicate a functional role for the OTR 3i loop, they also suggest that interactions with more than one intracellular domain probably mediate the coupling of OTR to the G alpha(q/11) class of GTP-binding proteins. ..
- GutiÃ©rrez FernÃ¡ndez M, Higareda Mendoza A, GÃ³mez Correa C, Pardo GalvÃ¡n M. The eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3f (eIF3f) interacts physically with the alpha 1B-adrenergic receptor and stimulates adrenoceptor activity. BMC Biochem. 2015;16:25 pubmed publisher..The eIf3f/alpha 1B-ADR complex is found in mammals and is not tissue specific. ..
- Shi T, Gaivin R, McCune D, Gupta M, Perez D. Dominance of the alpha1B-adrenergic receptor and its subcellular localization in human and TRAMP prostate cancer cell lines. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2007;27:27-45 pubmed
- Yang Y, Xie H, Zheng J, Chen B, He Q, Shen J. [Distribution and significance of ?1-adrenoceptor subtypes in patients with chronic prostatitis in prostate, bladder detrusor and posterior urethral tissue]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2010;90:3268-71 pubmed..05). An abnormal expression of ?1-AR subtypes in bladder detrusor and posterior urethra may explain various urodynamic changes in CP and lead to the occurrence and development of CP in prostate, posterior urethra and bladder detrusor. ..
- Zhang T, Xu Q, Chen F, Han Q, Zhang Y. Yeast two-hybrid screening for proteins that interact with alpha1-adrenergic receptors. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2004;25:1471-8 pubmed
- Gonzalez Cabrera P, Shi T, Yun J, McCune D, Rorabaugh B, Perez D. Differential regulation of the cell cycle by alpha1-adrenergic receptor subtypes. Endocrinology. 2004;145:5157-67 pubmed
- Segura V, Perez Aso M, Montó F, Carceller E, Noguera M, Pediani J, et al. Differences in the signaling pathways of ?(1A)- and ?(1B)-adrenoceptors are related to different endosomal targeting. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64996 pubmed publisher..1B)-ARs signal through calcium and ERK1/2 only when located in the membrane and the signals disappear after endocytosis and by disruption of the membrane lipid rafts by methyl-?-cyclodextrin. ..
- Pupo A, Minneman K. Specific interactions between gC1qR and alpha1-adrenoceptor subtypes. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2003;23:185-95 pubmed..These studies suggest that gC1qR interacts specifically with alpha1B- and alpha1D-, but not alpha1A-ARs, and this interaction depends on the presence of an intact C-tail. ..
- Pupo A, Minneman K. Interaction of neuronal nitric oxide synthase with alpha1-adrenergic receptor subtypes in transfected HEK-293 cells. BMC Pharmacol. 2002;2:17 pubmed..These results show that nNOS does interact with full-length alpha1A-ARs, but that this interaction is not subtype-specific and does not require the C-terminal tail, raising questions about its functional significance. ..
- McCaffery J, Pogue Geile M, Ferrell R, Petro N, Manuck S. Variability within alpha- and beta-adrenoreceptor genes as a predictor of cardiovascular function at rest and in response to mental challenge. J Hypertens. 2002;20:1105-14 pubmed..Several common polymorphisms were characterized within ADRA1B (alpha1B), ADRA2A (alpha2A), ADRB1 (beta1) and ADRB2 (beta2) and examined in relation to heart rate (HR) and ..
- Allen L, Lefkowitz R, Caron M, Cotecchia S. G-protein-coupled receptor genes as protooncogenes: constitutively activating mutation of the alpha 1B-adrenergic receptor enhances mitogenesis and tumorigenicity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:11354-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that analogous spontaneously occurring mutations in this class of receptor proteins could play a key role in the induction or progression of neoplastic transformation and atherosclerosis. ..
- Mathias R, Grant A, Rafaels N, Hand T, Gao L, Vergara C, et al. A genome-wide association study on African-ancestry populations for asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010;125:336-346.e4 pubmed publisher..biologic relevance to asthma and allergic disease: rs10515807, mapping to the alpha-1B-adrenergic receptor (ADRA1B) gene on chromosome 5q33 (3...
- Alfonzo MÃ©ndez M, HernÃ¡ndez Espinosa D, Carmona Rosas G, Romero Ãvila M, Reyes Cruz G, GarcÃa SÃ¡inz J. Protein Kinase C Activation Promotes Î±1B-Adrenoceptor Internalization and Late Endosome Trafficking through Rab9 Interaction. Role in Heterologous Desensitization. Mol Pharmacol. 2017;91:296-306 pubmed publisher..Data suggest that protein kinase C modulates Î±1B-adrenergic receptor transfer to late endosomes and that Rab9 regulates this process and participates in G protein-mediated signaling turn-off. ..
- Gonzalez Cabrera P, Gaivin R, Yun J, Ross S, Papay R, McCune D, et al. Genetic profiling of alpha 1-adrenergic receptor subtypes by oligonucleotide microarrays: coupling to interleukin-6 secretion but differences in STAT3 phosphorylation and gp-130. Mol Pharmacol. 2003;63:1104-16 pubmed..These results suggest that the alpha(1B)-AR has differential effects on the phosphorylation status of the STAT3 pathway and may not be as prohypertrophic as the other two subtypes. ..
- Itoh Y, Kojima Y, Yasui T, Tozawa K, Sasaki S, Kohri K. Examination of alpha 1 adrenoceptor subtypes in the human ureter. Int J Urol. 2007;14:749-53 pubmed..According to our results, we should try the alpha 1d AR antagonist for the conservative expulsive therapy of distal ureteral stones in the highest region of alpha 1d subtype distribution. ..
- Adefurin A, Ghimire L, Kohli U, Muszkat M, Sofowora G, Li C, et al. Genetic variation in the alpha1B-adrenergic receptor and vascular response. Pharmacogenomics J. 2017;17:366-371 pubmed publisher..We tested the hypothesis that variation in the ADRA1B gene contributes to interindividual variability and ethnic differences in adrenergic vasoconstriction...
- Hague C, Uberti M, Chen Z, Hall R, Minneman K. Cell surface expression of alpha1D-adrenergic receptors is controlled by heterodimerization with alpha1B-adrenergic receptors. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:15541-9 pubmed..These observations may be relevant to many other Class I G protein-coupled receptors, where the functional consequences of heterodimerization are still poorly understood. ..
- Parkman H, Jacobs M, Mishra A, Hurdle J, Sachdeva P, Gaughan J, et al. Domperidone treatment for gastroparesis: demographic and pharmacogenetic characterization of clinical efficacy and side-effects. Dig Dis Sci. 2011;56:115-24 pubmed publisher..SNP microarrays were used to assess single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the ADRA1A, ADRA1B, and ADRA1D loci. Forty-eight patients treated with domperidone participated in the study...
- Yang Feng T, Xue F, Zhong W, Cotecchia S, Frielle T, Caron M, et al. Chromosomal organization of adrenergic receptor genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:1516-20 pubmed..The AR genes thus provide a paradigm for understanding the evolution of such structurally conserved yet functionally divergent families of receptor molecules. ..
- Matayoshi T, Kamide K, Takiuchi S, Yoshii M, Miwa Y, Takami Y, et al. The thiazide-sensitive Na(+)-Cl(-) cotransporter gene, C1784T, and adrenergic receptor-beta3 gene, T727C, may be gene polymorphisms susceptible to the antihypertensive effect of thiazide diuretics. Hypertens Res. 2004;27:821-33 pubmed..SLC12A3], MLR [NR3C2], NCX1 [SLC8A1], WNK1, WNK4, AGT, ACE, AT1 [AGTR1], CYP11B2, ADRB1, ADRB2, ADRB3, ADRA1A, ADRA1B, ADRA2A) were genotyped in the 76 patients...
- Wright C, Wu S, Dahl E, Sazama A, O Connell T. Nuclear localization drives ?1-adrenergic receptor oligomerization and signaling in cardiac myocytes. Cell Signal. 2012;24:794-802 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data indicate that ?1-AR nuclear localization can drive the formation of receptor oligomers and regulate signaling in adult cardiac myocytes. ..
- Sathi Z, Anisuzzaman A, Morishima S, Suzuki F, Tanaka T, Yoshiki H, et al. Different affinities of native alpha1B-adrenoceptors for ketanserin between intact tissue segments and membrane preparations. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;584:222-8 pubmed publisher..The present study reveals that the pharmacological profiles of native alpha 1B-adrenoceptors for ketanserin is strongly influenced by the assay conditions and suggest that antagonist affinity is not necessarily constant. ..
- Tripathi A, Vana P, Chavan T, Brueggemann L, Byron K, Tarasova N, et al. Heteromerization of chemokine (C-X-C motif) receptor 4 with ?1A/B-adrenergic receptors controls ?1-adrenergic receptor function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E1659-68 pubmed publisher..Compounds targeting the ?1A/B-AR:CXCR4 interaction could provide an alternative pharmacological approach to modulate blood pressure. ..
- Kodama D, Togari A. Noradrenaline stimulates cell proliferation by suppressing potassium channels via G(i/o) -protein-coupled ?(1B) -adrenoceptors in human osteoblasts. Br J Pharmacol. 2013;168:1230-9 pubmed publisher..Noradrenaline facilitated cell proliferation by regulation of potassium currents in human osteoblasts via G(i/o) -protein-coupled ?(1B) -adrenoceptors, not via coupling to Gq-proteins. ..
- Cariolato L, Cavin S, Diviani D. A-kinase anchoring protein (AKAP)-Lbc anchors a PKN-based signaling complex involved in ?1-adrenergic receptor-induced p38 activation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:7925-37 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a novel mechanistic hypothesis explaining how assembly of macromolecular complexes can specify MAPK signaling downstream of ?(1)-ARs. ..
- Powe D, Voss M, Habashy H, Zanker K, Green A, Ellis I, et al. Alpha- and beta-adrenergic receptor (AR) protein expression is associated with poor clinical outcome in breast cancer: an immunohistochemical study. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011;130:457-63 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a possible role for targeted therapy using adrenoceptor antagonists. ..
- Iacoviello M, Forleo C, Sorrentino S, Romito R, De Tommasi E, Lucarelli K, et al. Alpha- and beta-adrenergic receptor polymorphisms in hypertensive and normotensive offspring. J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown). 2006;7:316-21 pubmed..The Arg492Cys polymorphism of the alpha1a-AR gene, although not associated with a family history of hypertension, was strongly related to autonomic control of heart rate. ..
- Sasaguri T, Teruya H, Ishida A, Abumiya T, Ogata J. Linkage between alpha(1) adrenergic receptor and the Jak/STAT signaling pathway in vascular smooth muscle cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;268:25-30 pubmed..These results suggested that alpha(1) receptor is linked to the Jak/STAT pathway and that this pathway mediates alpha(1) agonist-induced smooth muscle hypertrophy. ..
- Cruz Domínguez M, Villalobos Molina R, Miliar Garcia A, Montes Cortés D, Reséndiz Ramírez A, Asbun Bojalil J, et al. Evidence of alpha1-adrenoceptor functional changes in omental arteries of patients with end-stage renal disease. Auton Autacoid Pharmacol. 2008;28:19-27 pubmed publisher..7 The results suggest that human omental arteries exposed to chronic uraemia show vascular hypersensitivity to phenylephrine, because of functional alpha1-AR changes. ..
- Park H, Choi E, Jeong B, Kim H, Kim B. Localizations and expressions of alpha-1A, alpha-1B and alpha-1D adrenoceptors in human ureter. Urol Res. 2007;35:325-9 pubmed..28, 0.19, respectively). Our results show that alpha-1A, -1B and -1D AR subtypes are localized in human ureter irrespective of location. The expression levels of subtypes are altered according to level of ureter and subtype. ..
- Kang S, Yi K, Kwon N, Park K, Kim U, Baek K, et al. Alpha1B-adrenoceptor signaling and cell motility: GTPase function of Gh/transglutaminase 2 inhibits cell migration through interaction with cytoplasmic tail of integrin alpha subunits. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36593-600 pubmed..These results provide evidence that G(h) function initiates the modulation of cell motility via association of GTP-bound G(h)/TG2 with the GFFKR motif located in integrin alpha subunits. ..
- Novotny J, Durchankova D, Ward R, Carrillo J, Svoboda P, Milligan G. Functional interactions between the alpha1b-adrenoceptor and Galpha11 are compromised by de-palmitoylation of the G protein but not of the receptor. Cell Signal. 2006;18:1244-51 pubmed
- Shibata K, Katsuma S, Koshimizu T, Shinoura H, Hirasawa A, Tanoue A, et al. alpha 1-Adrenergic receptor subtypes differentially control the cell cycle of transfected CHO cells through a cAMP-dependent mechanism involving p27Kip1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:672-8 pubmed..Subtype-dependent effects should be taken into consideration when assessing the physiological response of native cells where alpha(1)-AR subtypes are generally co-expressed. ..
- Diviani D, Lattion A, Cotecchia S. Characterization of the phosphorylation sites involved in G protein-coupled receptor kinase- and protein kinase C-mediated desensitization of the alpha1B-adrenergic receptor. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:28712-9 pubmed..as well as phorbol esters can induce the phosphorylation and desensitization of the alpha1B-adrenergic receptor (alpha1BAR)...
- Weinberg D, Trivedi P, Tan C, Mitra S, Perkins Barrow A, Borkowski D, et al. Cloning, expression and characterization of human alpha adrenergic receptors alpha 1a, alpha 1b and alpha 1c. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;201:1296-304 pubmed..The availability of the three human alpha 1 receptor subtypes will facilitate the development of subtype-selective alpha 1 antagonists for a variety of therapeutic indications. ..
- Stanasila L, Abuin L, Diviani D, Cotecchia S. Ezrin directly interacts with the alpha1b-adrenergic receptor and plays a role in receptor recycling. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:4354-63 pubmed..These findings identify ezrin as a new protein directly interacting with a G protein-coupled receptor and demonstrate the direct implication of ezrin in GPCR trafficking via an actin-dependent mechanism. ..
- Kienitz M, Vladimirova D, Muller C, Pott L, Rinne A. Receptor Species-dependent Desensitization Controls KCNQ1/KCNE1 K+ Channels as Downstream Effectors of Gq Protein-coupled Receptors. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:26410-26426 pubmed
- Stanasila L, Perez J, Vogel H, Cotecchia S. Oligomerization of the alpha 1a- and alpha 1b-adrenergic receptor subtypes. Potential implications in receptor internalization. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:40239-51 pubmed..Oligomerization might therefore represent an additional mechanism regulating the physiological responses mediated by the alpha 1a- and alpha 1b-AR subtypes. ..
- Sigala S, Dellabella M, Milanese G, Fornari S, Faccoli S, Palazzolo F, et al. Evidence for the presence of alpha1 adrenoceptor subtypes in the human ureter. Neurourol Urodyn. 2005;24:142-8 pubmed
- Gonzalez B, Jayanthi S, Gomez N, Torres O, Sosa M, Bernardi A, et al. Repeated methamphetamine and modafinil induce differential cognitive effects and specific histone acetylation and DNA methylation profiles in the mouse medial prefrontal cortex. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2018;82:1-11 pubmed publisher..in arousal, wakefulness and cognitive control, like dopaminergic (Drd1 and Drd2), α-adrenergic (Adra1a and Adra1b), orexinergic (Hcrtr1 and Hcrtr2), histaminergic (Hrh1 and Hrh3) and glutamatergic (AMPA Gria1 and NMDA Grin1) ..
- Castillo Badillo J, Molina Muñoz T, Romero Avila M, Vázquez Macías A, Rivera R, Chun J, et al. Sphingosine 1-phosphate-mediated ?1B-adrenoceptor desensitization and phosphorylation. Direct and paracrine/autocrine actions. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:245-54 pubmed publisher..Four distinct hormone receptors and two autocrine/paracrine mediators participate in IGF-I receptor-?1B-adrenergic receptor crosstalk. ..
- Minneman K, Lee D, Zhong H, Berts A, Abbott K, Murphy T. Transcriptional responses to growth factor and G protein-coupled receptors in PC12 cells: comparison of alpha(1)-adrenergic receptor subtypes. J Neurochem. 2000;74:2392-400 pubmed..These responses are not linearly related to second messenger production, and different subtypes show different patterns of activation. ..
- Diviani D, Lattion A, Larbi N, Kunapuli P, Pronin A, Benovic J, et al. Effect of different G protein-coupled receptor kinases on phosphorylation and desensitization of the alpha1B-adrenergic receptor. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:5049-58 pubmedThe alpha1B-adrenergic receptor (alpha1BAR), its truncated mutant T368, different G protein-coupled receptor kinases (GRK) and arrestin proteins were transiently expressed in COS-7 or HEK293 cells alone and/or in various combinations...
- Schwinn D, Johnston G, Page S, Mosley M, Wilson K, Worman N, et al. Cloning and pharmacological characterization of human alpha-1 adrenergic receptors: sequence corrections and direct comparison with other species homologues. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1995;272:134-42 pubmed..In summary, these data represent the first side-by-side comparison of pharmacological properties between species homologs of alpha-1AR subtypes and should facilitate the development of alpha-1AR subtype selective drugs for clinical use. ..
- Lomasney J, Cotecchia S, Lorenz W, Leung W, Schwinn D, Yang Feng T, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of the cDNA for the alpha 1A-adrenergic receptor. The gene for which is located on human chromosome 5. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:6365-9 pubmed..This study provides definitive evidence for the existence of three alpha 1-adrenergic receptor subtypes. ..
- Liang H, Yang X, Wen D, Gao L, Zhang X, Ye Z, et al. Utility of miR?133a?3p as a diagnostic indicator for hepatocellular carcinoma: An investigation combined with GEO, TCGA, meta?analysis and bioinformatics. Mol Med Rep. 2017;: pubmed publisher..29; P=0.001). In addition, the authors discovered five key genes of the calcium signaling pathway (NOS1, ADRA1A, ADRA1B, ADRA1D and TBXA2R) that may probably be targeted by miR?133a?3p in HCC...
- Lopez Gimenez J, Canals M, Pediani J, Milligan G. The alpha1b-adrenoceptor exists as a higher-order oligomer: effective oligomerization is required for receptor maturation, surface delivery, and function. Mol Pharmacol. 2007;71:1015-29 pubmed
- Jensen B, Swigart P, Montgomery M, Simpson P. Functional alpha-1B adrenergic receptors on human epicardial coronary artery endothelial cells. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2010;382:475-82 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide another potential mechanism for adverse cardiac effects of drug antagonists that nonselectively inhibit all three ?1-AR subtypes. ..
- Huang H, Brennan T, Muir M, Mason R. Functional alpha1- and beta2-adrenergic receptors in human osteoblasts. J Cell Physiol. 2009;220:267-75 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that both alpha1-ARs and beta2-ARs are present and functional in HOBs. In addition to beta2-ARs, alpha1-ARs in human bone cells may play a role in modulation of bone turnover by the sympathetic nervous system. ..