Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ADORA2A
Description: adenosine A2a receptor
Alias: A2aR, ADORA2, RDC8, adenosine receptor A2a, adenosine receptor subtype A2a
- Freitag C, Agelopoulos K, Huy E, Rothermundt M, Krakowitzky P, Meyer J, et al. Adenosine A(2A) receptor gene (ADORA2A) variants may increase autistic symptoms and anxiety in autism spectrum disorder. Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2010;19:67-74 pubmed publisher..The adenosine A(2A) receptor gene (ADORA2A) is associated with panic disorder and is located on chromosome 22q11.23...
- Jiang Q, van Rhee A, Kim J, Yehle S, Wess J, Jacobson K. Hydrophilic side chains in the third and seventh transmembrane helical domains of human A2A adenosine receptors are required for ligand recognition. Mol Pharmacol. 1996;50:512-21 pubmed..A S281N mutant gained affinity for all adenosine derivatives (agonists), but antagonist affinity was generally diminished, with the exception of a novel tetrahydrobenzothiophenone derivative. ..
- Yamada K, Hattori E, Shimizu M, Sugaya A, Shibuya H, Yoshikawa T. Association studies of the cholecystokinin B receptor and A2a adenosine receptor genes in panic disorder. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2001;108:837-48 pubmed..No evidence of association between the described variants and panic disorder was found. Our data therefore suggests that the CCKBR and A2aAR genes do not play major roles in the development of this disease. ..
- Rodriguez D, Piñeiro A, Gutiérrez de Terán H. Molecular dynamics simulations reveal insights into key structural elements of adenosine receptors. Biochemistry. 2011;50:4194-208 pubmed publisher..All these findings suggest that, despite the commonalities with other GPCRs, the conformational equilibrium of ARs is also modulated by specific residues of the family. ..
- Rogers P, Hohoff C, Heatherley S, Mullings E, Maxfield P, Evershed R, et al. Association of the anxiogenic and alerting effects of caffeine with ADORA2A and ADORA1 polymorphisms and habitual level of caffeine consumption. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2010;35:1973-83 pubmed publisher..An association between a variant within the ADORA2A gene (rs5751876) and caffeine-induced anxiety has been reported for individuals who habitually consume little ..
- Hohoff C, Mullings E, Heatherley S, Freitag C, Neumann L, Domschke K, et al. Adenosine A(2A) receptor gene: evidence for association of risk variants with panic disorder and anxious personality. J Psychiatr Res. 2010;44:930-7 pubmed publisher..A variant within the corresponding ADORA2A gene (rs5751876) increased the risk for panic disorder (PD), for elevated anxiety during challenge tests in ..
- Liu W, Chun E, Thompson A, Chubukov P, Xu F, KATRITCH V, et al. Structural basis for allosteric regulation of GPCRs by sodium ions. Science. 2012;337:232-6 pubmed publisher..These high-resolution details shed light on the potential role of structured water molecules, sodium ions, and lipids/cholesterol in GPCR stabilization and function. ..
- Dong F, An J, Ren Y, Yan D, Zhou X, Lu F, et al. [Expression of dopamine receptor D2 and adenosine receptor A2A in human retinal pigment epithelium]. Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi. 2007;43:1110-3 pubmedThe aim of this study was to identify the presence of dopamine receptor D2 and adenosine receptor A2A in human retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) in order to determine whether the RPE is a potential site of action for these two receptors...
- Burgueno J, Blake D, Benson M, Tinsley C, Esapa C, Canela E, et al. The adenosine A2A receptor interacts with the actin-binding protein alpha-actinin. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:37545-52 pubmed..major F-actin-cross-linking protein, as a binding partner for the C-terminal domain of the adenosine A2A receptor (A2AR)...
- Lee J, Lyman E. Predictions for cholesterol interaction sites on the A2A adenosine receptor. J Am Chem Soc. 2012;134:16512-5 pubmed publisher..One site is located in the intracellular leaflet, interacting with helices III and IV. One of our three predicted binding sites is confirmed by a just-published high-resolution structure of A(2A) cocrystallized with an antagonist. ..
- Kim J, Wess J, van Rhee A, Schoneberg T, Jacobson K. Site-directed mutagenesis identifies residues involved in ligand recognition in the human A2a adenosine receptor. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:13987-97 pubmed..A molecular model based on the structure of rhodopsin, in which the 5'-NH in NECA is hydrogen bonded to Ser-277 and His-278, was developed in order to visualize the environment of the ligand binding site. ..
- Xu F, Wu H, KATRITCH V, Han G, Jacobson K, Gao Z, et al. Structure of an agonist-bound human A2A adenosine receptor. Science. 2011;332:322-7 pubmed publisher..The results define the molecule UK-432097 as a "conformationally selective agonist" capable of receptor stabilization in a specific active-state configuration. ..
- Zezula J, Freissmuth M. The A(2A)-adenosine receptor: a GPCR with unique features?. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;153 Suppl 1:S184-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, the receptor may function as a coincidence detector and a signal integrator. ..
- Klinger M, Kuhn M, Just H, Stefan E, Palmer T, Freissmuth M, et al. Removal of the carboxy terminus of the A2A-adenosine receptor blunts constitutive activity: differential effect on cAMP accumulation and MAP kinase stimulation. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2002;366:287-98 pubmed..e. the equilibrium R<--> R*, in intact cells only, indicating a role for a component that is lost upon cell lysis, and (b) the efficiency of signal transfer in alternative pathways. ..
- Gsandtner I, Charalambous C, Stefan E, Ogris E, Freissmuth M, Zezula J. Heterotrimeric G protein-independent signaling of a G protein-coupled receptor. Direct binding of ARNO/cytohesin-2 to the carboxyl terminus of the A2A adenosine receptor is necessary for sustained activation of the ERK/MAP kinase pathway. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:31898-905 pubmed..We therefore conclude that ARNO/cytohesin-2 is required to support the alternative, heterotrimeric G protein-independent, signaling pathway of A2A receptor, which is stimulation of MAP kinase. ..
- Dhaenens C, Burnouf S, Simonin C, Van Brussel E, Duhamel A, Defebvre L, et al. A genetic variation in the ADORA2A gene modifies age at onset in Huntington's disease. Neurobiol Dis. 2009;35:474-6 pubmed publisher..A(2A) receptors in HD, we have evaluated the association of the 1976C/T single-nucleotide polymorphism in the ADORA2A gene (rs5751876) with residual age at onset (AAO) in HD...
- Varani K, Vincenzi F, Tosi A, Gessi S, Casetta I, Granieri G, et al. A2A adenosine receptor overexpression and functionality, as well as TNF-alpha levels, correlate with motor symptoms in Parkinson's disease. FASEB J. 2010;24:587-98 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the correlation found between A(2A)AR density or A(2A) agonist potency and UPDRS motor score highlights the central role of A(2A)ARs in the pharmacological treatment of PD. ..
- Ng H, Laughton C, Doughty S. Molecular dynamics simulations of the adenosine A2a receptor: structural stability, sampling, and convergence. J Chem Inf Model. 2013;53:1168-78 pubmed publisher..When studied individually, we find that helices III and IV have noticeably greater stability than helices I, II, V, VI, and VII in the apo form. The addition of the inverse agonist ligand greatly improves the stability of all helices. ..
- Lebon G, Bennett K, Jazayeri A, Tate C. Thermostabilisation of an agonist-bound conformation of the human adenosine A(2A) receptor. J Mol Biol. 2011;409:298-310 pubmed publisher..A(2A)R-GL26 shows considerable stability in short-chain detergents, which has allowed its purification and crystallisation. ..
- Kudlacek O, Just H, Korkhov V, Vartian N, Klinger M, Pankevych H, et al. The human D2 dopamine receptor synergizes with the A2A adenosine receptor to stimulate adenylyl cyclase in PC12 cells. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2003;28:1317-27 pubmed..Our observations are thus compatible with the proposed model that D(2) and A(2A) receptors are closely associated, but they highlight the fact that this interaction can also support synergism. ..
- Charles B, Conley Y, Chen G, Miller R, Dorman J, Gorin M, et al. Variants of the adenosine A(2A) receptor gene are protective against proliferative diabetic retinopathy in patients with type 1 diabetes. Ophthalmic Res. 2011;46:1-8 pubmed publisher..55; 95% CI: 0.31-0.92; p = 0.04). Genetic variants of ADORA(2A) offer statistically significant protection against PDR development in patients with T1D. ..
- Bergmayr C, Thurner P, Keuerleber S, Kudlacek O, Nanoff C, Freissmuth M, et al. Recruitment of a cytoplasmic chaperone relay by the A2A adenosine receptor. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:28831-44 pubmed publisher..Release of HSP90 is required prior to recruitment of coat protein complex II components. This prevents premature ER export of partially folded receptors. ..
- Chen X, Xue A, Chen W, Ding Y, Yan D, Peng J, et al. Assessment of exonic single nucleotide polymorphisms in the adenosine A2A receptor gene to high myopia susceptibility in Chinese subjects. Mol Vis. 2011;17:486-91 pubmed..The reduced frequency of the heterozygote rs5751876 genotype in subjects suggests a possible association of A(2A)R with high myopia in a Chinese population. ..
- Carrega L, Saadjian A, Mercier L, Zouher I, Berge Lefranc J, Gerolami V, et al. Increased expression of adenosine A2A receptors in patients with spontaneous and head-up-tilt-induced syncope. Heart Rhythm. 2007;4:870-6 pubmed..Adenosine may play a role in the triggering of neurocardiogenic syncope, but no information on adenosine receptors is available at the present time...
- Varani K, Portaluppi F, Gessi S, Merighi S, Ongini E, Belardinelli L, et al. Dose and time effects of caffeine intake on human platelet adenosine A(2A) receptors : functional and biochemical aspects. Circulation. 2000;102:285-9 pubmed..CONCLUSIONS-Chronic caffeine intake can lead to upregulation of adenosine A(2A) receptors, which is accompanied by sensitization, in a time- and dose-dependent manner, to the actions of the agonist HE-NECA. ..
- Alsene K, Deckert J, Sand P, de Wit H. Association between A2a receptor gene polymorphisms and caffeine-induced anxiety. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2003;28:1694-702 pubmed..The study shows that an adenosine receptor gene polymorphism that has been associated with Panic Disorder is also associated with anxiogenic responses to an acute dose of caffeine. ..
- Taherzadeh Fard E, Saft C, Wieczorek S, Epplen J, Arning L. Age at onset in Huntington's disease: replication study on the associations of ADORA2A, HAP1 and OGG1. Neurogenetics. 2010;11:435-9 pubmed publisher..disease (HD) have been reported with genetic variations in the genes encoding adenosinergic A(2A) receptor (ADORA2A), human huntingtin-associated protein-1 (HAP1) and the single base excision repair enzyme, 7,8-dihydro-8-..
- Charalambous C, Gsandtner I, Keuerleber S, Milan Lobo L, Kudlacek O, Freissmuth M, et al. Restricted collision coupling of the A2A receptor revisited: evidence for physical separation of two signaling cascades. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:9276-88 pubmed publisher..Thus, the A(2A) receptor is the first example of a G protein-coupled receptor documented to select signaling pathways in a manner dependent on the lipid microenvironment of the membrane. ..
- Fredholm B, IJzerman A, Jacobson K, Klotz K, Linden J. International Union of Pharmacology. XXV. Nomenclature and classification of adenosine receptors. Pharmacol Rev. 2001;53:527-52 pubmed..Testable models of the interaction of these drugs with their receptors have been generated by site-directed mutagenesis and homology-based modelling. Both agonists and antagonists are being developed as potential drugs. ..
- Ferre S, Karcz Kubicha M, Hope B, Popoli P, Burgueno J, Gutiérrez M, et al. Synergistic interaction between adenosine A2A and glutamate mGlu5 receptors: implications for striatal neuronal function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:11940-5 pubmed..a synergism between adenosine and glutamate based on subtype 5 metabotropic glutamate (mGluR5) and adenosine A2A (A2AR) receptor/receptor interactions...
- Childs E, Hohoff C, Deckert J, Xu K, Badner J, de Wit H. Association between ADORA2A and DRD2 polymorphisms and caffeine-induced anxiety. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008;33:2791-800 pubmed publisher..examined associations between self-reported anxiogenic effects of caffeine and variation in the genes for A(2A) (ADORA2A) and DRD(2) (DRD2) receptors...
- Murphree L, Sullivan G, Marshall M, Linden J. Lipopolysaccharide rapidly modifies adenosine receptor transcripts in murine and human macrophages: role of NF-kappaB in A(2A) adenosine receptor induction. Biochem J. 2005;391:575-80 pubmed
- Ng S, Higashimori H, Tolman M, Yang Y. Suppression of adenosine 2a receptor (A2aR)-mediated adenosine signaling improves disease phenotypes in a mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Exp Neurol. 2015;267:115-22 pubmed publisher..In the current study, we showed that adenosine 2a receptor (A2aR), but not adenosine 1 receptor (A1R), is highly enriched in spinal (motor) neurons...
- Häusler S, Montalbán Del Barrio I, Strohschein J, Chandran P, Engel J, Honig A, et al. Ectonucleotidases CD39 and CD73 on OvCA cells are potent adenosine-generating enzymes responsible for adenosine receptor 2A-dependent suppression of T cell function and NK cell cytotoxicity. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2011;60:1405-18 pubmed publisher..immune stimulatory ATP to adenosine that inhibits T and NK cell responses via the A(2A) adenosine receptor (ADORA2A). This mechanism is used by regulatory T cells (T(reg)) that are associated with increased mortality in OvCA...
- Kripke D, Shadan F, Dawson A, Cronin J, Jamil S, Grizas A, et al. Genotyping sleep disorders patients. Psychiatry Investig. 2010;7:36-42 pubmed publisher..Predicted association of SNPs with sleep apnea, RLS, and slow wave sleep were not confirmed. The SNPs tested would not, by themselves, be of use for clinical genotyping in a sleep clinic. ..
- Granja T, Kohler D, Schad J, de Oliveira C, Konrad F, Hoch Gutbrod M, et al. Adenosine Receptor Adora2b Plays a Mechanistic Role in the Protective Effect of the Volatile Anesthetic Sevoflurane during Liver Ischemia/Reperfusion. Anesthesiology. 2016;125:547-60 pubmed publisher..Experiments were performed ex vivo with human blood and in a liver IR model with wild-type, Adora2a, and Adora2b mice...
- Li L, Huang L, Ye H, Song S, Bajwa A, Lee S, et al. Dendritic cells tolerized with adenosine A?AR agonist attenuate acute kidney injury. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:3931-42 pubmed publisher..A?AR agonists had no effect on DC antigen presentation or on Tregs. We conclude that ex vivo A?AR-induced tolerized DCs suppress NKT cell activation in vivo and provide a unique and potent cell-based strategy to attenuate organ IRI. ..
- Hong C, Liu H, Liu T, Liao D, Tsai S. Association studies of the adenosine A2a receptor (1976T > C) genetic polymorphism in Parkinson's disease and schizophrenia. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2005;112:1503-10 pubmed..Our findings suggest that it is unlikely that the A2aAR 1976T > C polymorphism plays a major role in the pathogenesis of PD, schizophrenia, or antipsychotic-induced tardive dyskinesia in the Chinese population. ..
- Furlong T, Pierce K, Selbie L, Shine J. Molecular characterization of a human brain adenosine A2 receptor. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1992;15:62-6 pubmed..The A2a specific agonist CGS21680 stimulated cAMP production but did not alter intracellular calcium concentrations in transfected 293 cells. ..
- Guzmán Flores J, Cortez Espinosa N, CortÃ©s Garcia J, Vargas Morales J, CataÃ±o CaÃ±izalez Y, RodrÃguez Rivera J, et al. Expression of CD73 and A2A receptors in cells from subjects with obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus. Immunobiology. 2015;220:976-84 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data suggest a possible role for CD73 and A2A in inflammation observed in patients with T2D and obesity mediated via apoptosis. ..
- Canals M, Marcellino D, Fanelli F, Ciruela F, de Benedetti P, Goldberg S, et al. Adenosine A2A-dopamine D2 receptor-receptor heteromerization: qualitative and quantitative assessment by fluorescence and bioluminescence energy transfer. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:46741-9 pubmed..both receptors has recently been shown using co-immunoprecipitation and co-localization assays, the existence of a A2AR-D2R protein-protein interaction still had to be demonstrated in intact living cells...
- Borroto Escuela D, Romero Fernandez W, Tarakanov A, Ciruela F, Agnati L, Fuxe K. On the existence of a possible A2A-D2-?-Arrestin2 complex: A2A agonist modulation of D2 agonist-induced ?-arrestin2 recruitment. J Mol Biol. 2011;406:687-99 pubmed publisher..Thus, ?-arrestin2 action becomes more rapid and short-lasting and, in this way, mimics G-protein-mediated signaling. ..
- Zhang J, Abdallah C, Wang J, Wan X, Liang C, Jiang L, et al. Upregulation of adenosine A2A receptors induced by atypical antipsychotics and its correlation with sensory gating in schizophrenia patients. Psychiatry Res. 2012;200:126-32 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the current study investigated a possible relationship between peripheral adenosine A2A receptor (ADORA2A) and sensory gating indices (P50 measures) in medication-free schizophrenia (n=31) and healthy (n=21) groups...
- Sokolina K, Kittanakom S, Snider J, Kotlyar M, Maurice P, Gandia J, et al. Systematic protein-protein interaction mapping for clinically relevant human GPCRs. Mol Syst Biol. 2017;13:918 pubmed publisher..relevance of the GPCR interactome, we validated novel interactions of the GPR37, serotonin 5-HT4d, and adenosine ADORA2A receptors...
- Gajewska A, Blumenthal T, Winter B, Herrmann M, Conzelmann A, Mühlberger A, et al. Effects of ADORA2A gene variation and caffeine on prepulse inhibition: a multi-level risk model of anxiety. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2013;40:115-21 pubmed publisher..in particular has been suggested to be influenced by genetic factors such as the adenosine A2A receptor gene (ADORA2A) 1976T>C polymorphism (rs5751876) as well as neuropsychological factors such as early information processing ..
- Sunakawa Y, Cao S, Volz N, Berger M, Yang D, Parekh A, et al. Genetic variations in immunomodulatory pathways to predict survival in patients with locoregional gastric cancer. Pharmacogenomics J. 2017;17:528-534 pubmed publisher..DNA was analyzed for 35 functional single-nucleotide polymorphisms in genes, PDCD1, CD274, CTLA4, FOXP3, LAG3, ADORA2A, NT5E and IDO1, in 162 Japanese patients as discovery set and 277 US patients as validation set...
- García M, Puig J, Torres R. Adenosine, dopamine and serotonin receptors imbalance in lymphocytes of Lesch-Nyhan patients. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2012;35:1129-35 pubmed publisher..at protein level the previously reported increased expression of DRD5 and the variably aberrant expression of ADORA2A, in LND PBL respect to control PBL...
- Djebali S, Lagarde J, Kapranov P, Lacroix V, Borel C, Mudge J, et al. Evidence for transcript networks composed of chimeric RNAs in human cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e28213 pubmed publisher..The non-random nature of the connection of the genes involved suggest that chimeric transcripts should not be studied in isolation, but together, as an RNA network. ..
- Hua X, Chason K, Patel J, Naselsky W, Tilley S. IL-4 amplifies the pro-inflammatory effect of adenosine in human mast cells by changing expression levels of adenosine receptors. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24947 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Th2 cytokines in the asthmatic lung may alter adenosine receptor expression on airway mast cells to promote increased responsiveness to adenosine. ..
- Mitro P, Habalova V, Evin L, Muller E, Simurda M, Slaba E, et al. Gene Polymorphism of the Adenosine A2a Receptor in Patients with Vasovagal Syncope. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2016;39:330-7 pubmed publisher..Adenosine A(2A) receptor 1083 T > C polymorphism is not associated with the positivity of HUT and its proposed role in predisposition to VVS was not confirmed. CC genotype may be associated with lower sympathetic activity during HUT. ..
- Gass N, Ollila H, Utge S, Partonen T, Kronholm E, Pirkola S, et al. Contribution of adenosine related genes to the risk of depression with disturbed sleep. J Affect Disord. 2010;126:134-9 pubmed publisher..The shortage of overlapping genes between the genders indicates that the genetics of mood regulation may vary between the sexes. ..
- Bordia T, Zhang D, Perez X, Quik M. Striatal cholinergic interneurons and D2 receptor-expressing GABAergic medium spiny neurons regulate tardive dyskinesia. Exp Neurol. 2016;286:32-39 pubmed publisher..Activation of striatal D2 MSNs using Adora2a-Cre mice expressing channelrhodopsin2-eYFP also diminished antipsychotic-induced VCMs, with no change in control-..
- McColl S, St Onge M, Dussault A, Laflamme C, Bouchard L, Boulanger J, et al. Immunomodulatory impact of the A2A adenosine receptor on the profile of chemokines produced by neutrophils. FASEB J. 2006;20:187-9 pubmed..in the air pouch 72 h after LPS injection, expression of IL-1beta, TNF-alpha, IL-6, and MCP-2/CCL6 was higher in A2AR knockout mice...
- Gussago C, Arosio B, Casati M, Ferri E, Gualandris F, Tedone E, et al. Different adenosine A2A receptor expression in peripheral cells from elderly patients with vascular dementia and Alzheimer's disease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2014;40:45-9 pubmed publisher..In this study we investigated whether adenosine A2A receptor (A2AR) expression can be used to differentiate between VaD and AD...
- Williams A, Cronstein B. The effect of A(2A) adenosine receptor activation on C-C chemokine receptor 7 expression in human THP1 macrophages during inflammation. Inflammation. 2012;35:614-22 pubmed publisher..0311, n?=?7). These results suggest that A(2A) adenosine receptor activation not only modulates CCR7 expression in both normal and inflammatory environments but also regulates macrophage migration to CCR7-specific chemoattractants. ..
- Montinaro A, Iannone R, Pinto A, Morello S. Adenosine receptors as potential targets in melanoma. Pharmacol Res. 2013;76:34-40 pubmed publisher..Adenosine receptors play a pivotal role in host immune-surveillance. A2a (A2aR) and, partially, A2bR receptors mediate the adenosine-induced immune-suppression, which markedly facilitates tumor ..
- Lazarova T, Brewin K, Stoeber K, Robinson C. Characterization of peptides corresponding to the seven transmembrane domains of human adenosine A2a receptor. Biochemistry. 2004;43:12945-54 pubmed..The tendency of some peptides to self-associate, especially in aqueous environments, underscores the need to prevent improper interactions during folding and refolding of membrane proteins in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Kobayashi H, Ujike H, Iwata N, Inada T, Yamada M, Sekine Y, et al. The adenosine A2A receptor is associated with methamphetamine dependence/psychosis in the Japanese population. Behav Brain Funct. 2010;6:50 pubmed publisher..We therefore hypothesized that variations in the A2A adenosine receptor (ADORA2A) gene modify genetic susceptibility to METH dependence/psychosis...
- Lee J, Patel R, Lyman E. Ligand-dependent cholesterol interactions with the human A(2A) adenosine receptor. Chem Phys Lipids. 2013;169:39-45 pubmed publisher..However, our data are instead suggestive of a force-field dependent "straightening" of helix two, and therefore offer no basis for rationalizing the effect of the quadruple mutant. ..
- Chiu F, Lin J, Chuang C, Chien T, Chen C, Chen K, et al. Elucidating the role of the A2A adenosine receptor in neurodegeneration using neurons derived from Huntington's disease iPSCs. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:6066-79 pubmed publisher..The A2A adenosine receptor (A2AR) is widely distributed in the brain, with the highest level observed in the striatum...
- Allen Gipson D, Wong J, Spurzem J, Sisson J, Wyatt T. Adenosine A2A receptors promote adenosine-stimulated wound healing in bronchial epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2006;290:L849-55 pubmed..Collectively, the data suggest that the A(2A)AR is involved in BEC adenosine-stimulated wound healing and may prove useful in understanding purinergic-mediated actions on airway epithelial repair. ..
- Jamshad M, Charlton J, Lin Y, Routledge S, Bawa Z, Knowles T, et al. G-protein coupled receptor solubilization and purification for biophysical analysis and functional studies, in the total absence of detergent. Biosci Rep. 2015;35: pubmed publisher..study, we report the first solubilization and purification of a functional GPCR [human adenosine A2A receptor (A2AR)], in the total absence of detergent at any stage, by exploiting spontaneous encapsulation by styrene maleic acid (..
- Riksen N, Franke B, van den Broek P, Smits P, Rongen G. The 1976C>T polymorphism in the adenosine A2A receptor gene does not affect the vasodilator response to adenosine in humans in vivo. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2007;17:551-4 pubmedThe 1976C>T polymorphism in the adenosine A2A receptor gene (ADORA2A) modulates the psychological response to administration of the adenosine receptor antagonist caffeine...
- Di Angelantonio S, Piccioni A, Moriconi C, Trettel F, Cristalli G, Grassi F, et al. Adenosine A2A receptor induces protein kinase A-dependent functional modulation of human (alpha)3(beta)4 nicotinic receptor. J Physiol. 2011;589:2755-66 pubmed publisher..These data provide conclusive evidence that activation of the A2A receptor determines functional changes ..
- Kumral A, Tuzun F, Yesilirmak D, Duman N, Ozkan H. Genetic basis of apnoea of prematurity and caffeine treatment response: role of adenosine receptor polymorphisms: genetic basis of apnoea of prematurity. Acta Paediatr. 2012;101:e299-303 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate a role for adenosine receptor gene polymorphisms in susceptibility to AOP and BPD and in interindividual variability to caffeine response. ..
- Bshesh K, Zhao B, Spight D, Biaggioni I, Feokistov I, Denenberg A, et al. The A2A receptor mediates an endogenous regulatory pathway of cytokine expression in THP-1 cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2002;72:1027-36 pubmed..Adenosine acts via cell-surface receptors subtyped as A1, A2A, A2B, and A3. The A2A receptor (A2AR) has been linked to anti-inflammatory effects of adenosine...