Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: adiponectin
Description: adiponectin, C1Q and collagen domain containing
Alias: ACDC, ACRP30, ADIPQTL1, ADPN, APM-1, APM1, GBP28, adiponectin, 30 kDa adipocyte complement-related protein, adipocyte complement-related 30 kDa protein, adipose most abundant gene transcript 1 protein, adipose specific collagen-like factor, gelatin-binding protein 28
Publications405 found, 100 shown here
- Adiponectin stimulates production of nitric oxide in vascular endothelial cellsHui Chen
Diabetes Unit, Laboratory of Clinical Investigation, NCCAM, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 278:45021-6. 2003b>Adiponectin is secreted by adipose cells and mimics many metabolic actions of insulin. However, mechanisms by which adiponectin acts are poorly understood...
- A genome-wide association study reveals variants in ARL15 that influence adiponectin levelsJ Brent Richards
Departments of Medicine, Human Genetics, and Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS Genet 5:e1000768. 2009The adipocyte-derived protein adiponectin is highly heritable and inversely associated with risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2D) and coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Adiponectin, a new member of the family of soluble defense collagens, negatively regulates the growth of myelomonocytic progenitors and the functions of macrophagesT Yokota
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Blood 96:1723-32. 2000We investigated the functions of adiponectin, an adipocyte-specific secretory protein and a new member of the family of soluble defense collagens, in hematopoiesis and immune responses...
- Genetic variation in the gene encoding adiponectin is associated with an increased risk of type 2 diabetes in the Japanese populationKazuo Hara
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Diabetes 51:536-40. 2002An adipocyte-derived peptide, adiponectin (also known as GBP28), is decreased in subjects with type 2 diabetes...
- The role of the novel adipocyte-derived hormone adiponectin in human diseaseJuan J Diez
Department of Endocrinology, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Endocrinol 148:293-300. 2003b>Adiponectin, also called GBP-28, apM1, AdipoQ and Acrp30, is a novel adipose tIssue-specific protein that has structural homology to collagen VIII and X and complement factor C1q, and that circulates in human plasma at high levels...
- Adiponectin stimulates glucose utilization and fatty-acid oxidation by activating AMP-activated protein kinaseT Yamauchi
Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Nat Med 8:1288-95. 2002b>Adiponectin (Ad) is a hormone secreted by adipocytes that regulates energy homeostasis and glucose and lipid metabolism. However, the signaling pathways that mediate the metabolic effects of Ad remain poorly identified...
- Clear detection of ADIPOQ locus as the major gene for plasma adiponectin: results of genome-wide association analyses including 4659 European individualsIris M Heid
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Regensburg University Medical Center, Regensburg, Germany
Atherosclerosis 208:412-20. 2010Plasma adiponectin is strongly associated with various components of metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular outcomes. Concentrations are highly heritable and differ between men and women...
- Adiponectin-induced antiangiogenesis and antitumor activity involve caspase-mediated endothelial cell apoptosisEbba Brakenhielm
Laboratory of Angiogenesis Research, Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:2476-81. 2004..The adipose tissue produces several growth factors/hormones including leptin, tumor necrosis factor alpha, and adiponectin. It has been found that adiponectin levels are reduced in obesity...
- Adiponectin induces the anti-inflammatory cytokines IL-10 and IL-1RA in human leukocytesAnna M Wolf
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 323:630-5. 2004..The most abundant protein within the adipocyte is adiponectin. Our current work reports that adiponectin has potent immuno-suppressive properties, as it induces the ..
- Plasma adiponectin, body mass index, and mortality in patients with chronic heart failureCaroline Kistorp
Department of Cardiology and Endocrinology, Frederiksberg University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Circulation 112:1756-62. 2005..The adipocytokine adiponectin is inversely associated with BMI, and in healthy subjects, low adiponectin is a predictor of mortality...
- Genome-wide association study for adiponectin levels in Filipino women identifies CDH13 and a novel uncommon haplotype at KNG1-ADIPOQYing Wu
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7264, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:4955-64. 2010b>Adiponectin is an adipocyte-secreted protein involved in a variety of metabolic processes, including glucose regulation and fatty acid catabolism...
- A novel serum protein similar to C1q, produced exclusively in adipocytesP E Scherer
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142 1479, USA
J Biol Chem 270:26746-9. 1995We describe a novel 30-kDa secretory protein, Acrp30 (adipocyte complement-related protein of 30 kDa), that is made exclusively in adipocytes and whose mRNA is induced over 100-fold during adipocyte differentiation...
- Regulation of adiponectin by adipose tissue-derived cytokines: in vivo and in vitro investigations in humansJens M Bruun
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism C, Aarhus Amtssygehus, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 285:E527-33. 2003b>Adiponectin is an adipose tissue-specific protein that is abundantly present in the circulation and suggested to be involved in insulin sensitivity and development of atherosclerosis...
- Adiponectin and future coronary heart disease events among men with type 2 diabetesMatthias B Schulze
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes 54:534-9. 2005b>Adiponectin, predominantly synthesized in the adipose tissue, seems to have substantial anti-inflammatory properties and to be a major modulator of insulin resistance and dyslipidemia, mechanisms that are associated with an increased ..
- Novel modulator for endothelial adhesion molecules: adipocyte-derived plasma protein adiponectinN Ouchi
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Circulation 100:2473-6. 1999Among the many adipocyte-derived endocrine factors, we recently found an adipocyte-specific secretory protein, adiponectin, which was decreased in obesity...
- Inverse relationship between plasma adiponectin and leptin concentrations in normal-weight and obese womenMiyao Matsubara
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Otaru City General Hospital, Otaru, Japan
Eur J Endocrinol 147:173-80. 2002b>Adiponectin, a novel adipocyte-derived collagen-like protein, is the gene product of the adipose most-abundant gene transcript 1 (apM1), which has been considered to have anti-inflammatory and anti-atherogenic effects.
- Induction of adiponectin, a fat-derived antidiabetic and antiatherogenic factor, by nuclear receptorsMasanori Iwaki
Department of Medicine and Pathophysiology, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Diabetes 52:1655-63. 2003b>Adiponectin is a fat-derived hormone with antidiabetic and antiatherogenic properties. Hypoadiponectinemia seen in obesity is associated with insulin-resistant diabetes and atherosclerosis...
- Adiponectin and metabolic syndromeYuji Matsuzawa
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Osaka University Graduate School, Sumitomo Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:29-33. 2004..sequence analysis of expressed genes in adipocytes, we identified an adipose-specific collagen-like molecule, adiponectin. This novel adipocytokine has plural biofunctions, such as antidiabetic, antiatherosclerotic, and ..
- Effects of exercise on adiponectin: a systematic reviewKylie A Simpson
School of Exercise and Sport Science, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:241-56. 2008Secreted from white adipose tissue, circulating concentrations of adiponectin are reduced in the presence of metabolic and cardiovascular disease such as obesity and type 2 diabetes...
- Association of the ADIPOQ rs17360539 and rs266729 polymorphisms with type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysisM Gong
Department of Endocrinology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Yuzhong District No 1 Youyi Road, YuanJiaGang, Chongqing 400016, PR China
Mol Cell Endocrinol 325:78-83. 2010..046, OR=1.09, 95% CI 1.00-1.09). In conclusion, the accumulated evidence suggested that the ADIPOQ -11377G allele is a low-penetrant risk factor for developing type 2 diabetes, but -11391A is a risk factor only in European Caucasians...
- Genetic influences of adiponectin on insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, and cardiovascular diseaseClaudia Menzaghi
Research Unit of Diabetology and Endocrinology, Scientific Institute Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Diabetes 56:1198-209. 2007..Among these molecules, adiponectin has drawn much attention because of its insulin-sensitizing and antiatherogenic actions, suggesting that ..
- Adiponectin, resistin and IL-6 plasma levels in subjects with diabetic foot and possible correlations with clinical variables and cardiovascular co-morbidityAntonino Tuttolomondo
Dipartimento Biomedico di Medicina Interna e Specialistica Università degli Studi di Palermo, Italy
Cardiovasc Diabetol 9:50. 2010..On this basis the aim of our study was to evaluate plasma levels of adiponectin, resistin and IL-6 in subjects with diabetic foot in comparison with subjects without foot complications.
- AdipoQ is a novel adipose-specific gene dysregulated in obesityE Hu
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 271:10697-703. 1996..Whereas the biological function of this polypeptide is presently unknown, the tissue-specific expression of a putative secreted protein suggests that this factor may function as a novel signaling molecule for adipose tissue...
- Hypoadiponectinemia is an independent risk factor for hypertensionYoshio Iwashima
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Hypertension 43:1318-23. 2004b>Adiponectin is one of the key molecules in the metabolic syndrome, and its concentration is decreased in obesity, type-2 diabetes, and coronary artery disease...
- Renal insulin resistance syndrome, adiponectin and cardiovascular events in patients with kidney disease: the mild and moderate kidney disease studyBjoern Becker
Department of Internal Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:1091-8. 2005The relationship among insulin resistance, adiponectin, and cardiovascular (CV) morbidity in patients with mild and moderate kidney disease was investigated...
- Associations between two single nucleotide polymorphisms of adiponectin gene and coronary artery diseasesChan Hee Jung
Department of Internal Medicine, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Endocr J 53:671-7. 2006b>Adiponectin, an adipocyte-secreted protein, is known to have anti-atherogenic, anti-inflammatory and anti-diabetic properties and its serum levels are decreased in obesity, type 2 diabetes, and coronary artery disease...
- Genomic structure and mutations in adipose-specific gene, adiponectinM Takahashi
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 24:861-8. 2000b>Adiponectin is a collagen-like plasma protein specifically synthesized in adipose tissue. Plasma adiponectin concentrations are decreased in obesity whereas it is adipose-specific.
- Decreased plasma adiponectin concentration in patients with essential hypertensionMarcin Adamczak
Department of Nephrology, Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Silesian University School of Medicine, Katowice, Poland
Am J Hypertens 16:72-5. 2003..There are no reports that deal with the relationship between plasma adiponectin concentration and blood pressure (BP)...
- Adiponectin affects lung epithelial A549 cell viability counteracting TNFα and IL-1ß toxicity through AdipoR1Ersilia Nigro
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate scarl, Naples, Italy
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 45:1145-53. 2013b>Adiponectin (Acrp30) exerts protective functions on metabolic and cellular processes as energy metabolism, cell proliferation and differentiation by two widely expressed receptors, AdipoR1 and AdipoR2...
- Adiponectin protects endothelial cells from the damages induced by the intermittent high level of glucoseXinhua Xiao
Department of Metabolism and Endocrinology, The First Affiliated Hospital, University of South China, 69 Chuanshan Road, Hengyang, 421001, People s Republic of China
Endocrine 40:386-93. 2011Globular adiponectin (gAd) has anti-atherogenic effects on the vascular wall. Intermittent hyperglycemia induces endothelial cells (ECs) injury but the physiological factors that may protect against ECs damage are largely unknown...
- Prospective study of serum adiponectin and incident metabolic syndrome: the ARIRANG studyJang Young Kim
Department of Cardiology, Wonju College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Wonju, Korea
Diabetes Care 36:1547-53. 2013Increased adiponectin levels may play a protective role in the development of metabolic abnormalities, but prospective studies of the predictive value of serum adiponectin to identify individuals at high risk of new-onset metabolic ..
- Cloning of adiponectin receptors that mediate antidiabetic metabolic effectsToshimasa Yamauchi
Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Nature 423:762-9. 2003b>Adiponectin (also known as 30-kDa adipocyte complement-related protein; Acrp30) is a hormone secreted by adipocytes that acts as an antidiabetic and anti-atherogenic adipokine...
- Adiponectin stimulates angiogenesis by promoting cross-talk between AMP-activated protein kinase and Akt signaling in endothelial cellsNoriyuki Ouchi
Molecular Cardiology Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 279:1304-9. 2004b>Adiponectin is an adipocyte-specific adipocytokine with anti-atherogenic and anti-diabetic properties. Here, we investigated whether adiponectin regulates angiogenic processes in vitro and in vivo...
- High adiponectin and increased risk of cardiovascular disease and mortality in asymptomatic older men: does NT-proBNP help to explain this association?Sasiwarang Goya Wannamethee
Department of Primary Care and Population Health, UCL, London, UK
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 18:65-71. 2011Raised adiponectin is associated with increased rather than decreased risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and mortality at older age...
- Total and high-molecular-weight adiponectin and risk of coronary heart disease and ischemic stroke in older adultsJorge R Kizer
Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:255-63. 2013b>Adiponectin is atheroprotective in the laboratory, but prospective studies have shown opposite associations with cardiovascular disease (CVD) in healthy middle-aged populations (protective) and older cohorts (adverse)...
- Adiponectin is protective against oxidative stress induced cytotoxicity in amyloid-beta neurotoxicityKoon Ho Chan
University Department of Medicine, LKS Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Special Administrative Region, China
PLoS ONE 7:e52354. 2012..We studied the potential protective effect of adiponectin (an adipokine with insulin-sensitizing, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties) against Aβ ..
- Adiponectin and resistin gene polymorphisms in association with their respective adipokine levelsCia Hin Lau
Department of Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Ann Hum Genet 75:370-82. 2011Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) at the adiponectin and resistin loci are strongly associated with hypoadiponectinemia and hyperresistinemia, which may eventually increase risk of insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes (T2DM), ..
- Adiponectin induces vascular smooth muscle cell differentiation via repression of mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 and FoxO4Min Ding
Section of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:1403-10. 2011The adipocyte-secreted hormone adiponectin exerts important cardioprotective and antidiabetic effects. Little is known about its effect on vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMC), key cells in restenosis, hypertension, and atherosclerosis.
- Common adiponectin gene variants show different effects on risk of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes in European subjectsD R Gable
Centre for Cardiovascular Genetics, British Heart Foundation Laboratories, Royal Free and University College London Medical School, 5 University Street, London WC1E 6JF, UK
Ann Hum Genet 71:453-66. 2007..These conditions have been associated with variation in the adiponectin gene, although evidence for this relationship has been variable, with differences found even in similar samples...
- Fetuin-A induces cytokine expression and suppresses adiponectin productionAnita M Hennige
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Nephrology, Vascular Disease and Clinical Chemistry, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e1765. 2008..therefore, hypothesized that fetuin-A may play a role in the regulation of cytokine expression, the modulation of adipose tissue expression and plasma concentration of the insulin-sensitizing and atheroprotective adipokine adiponectin.
- Association of adiponectin gene polymorphisms with the risk of ischemic stroke in a Chinese Han populationFang Liu
Department of Neurology, The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, No 155 Nangjing North Street, Shenyang, 110001 Liaoning Province, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 38:1983-8. 2011b>Adiponectin is inversely associated with the risk of ischemic stroke through its anti-inflammatory and anti-atherogenic effects...
- Adiponectin is associated with favorable lipoprotein profile, independent of BMI and insulin resistance, in adolescentsSheela N Magge
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3535 Market Street, 15th Floor Suite 1578, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:1549-54. 2011Children with obesity and insulin resistance (IR) have decreased adiponectin and have increased cardiovascular risk. Adiponectin has antiatherogenic effects, but its mechanism is unclear.
- Clinical review: adiponectin biology and its role in inflammation and critical illnessKatherine Robinson
Intensive Care Unit, Wesley Hospital, Auchenflower, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Crit Care 15:221. 2011b>Adiponectin is an adipokine first described just over a decade ago. Produced almost exclusively by adipocytes, adiponectin circulates in high concentrations in human plasma...
- Correlation of plasma and synovial fluid adiponectin with knee osteoarthritis severitySittisak Honsawek
Department of Biochemistry, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Arch Med Res 41:593-8. 2010..The purposes of this study were to measure adiponectin concentrations in plasma and synovial fluid of patients with knee OA and to analyze the correlation of ..
- Molecular basis of a linkage peak: exome sequencing and family-based analysis identify a rare genetic variant in the ADIPOQ gene in the IRAS Family StudyDonald W Bowden
Department of Biochemistry, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:4112-20. 2010..This approach has been used to identify a rare (1.1%) G45R mutation in the gene encoding adiponectin, ADIPOQ. This variant explains a strong linkage signal (LOD > 8...
- The adipokine zinc-alpha2-glycoprotein (ZAG) is downregulated with fat mass expansion in obesityT Mracek
Obesity Biology Research Unit, School of Clinical Sciences, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 72:334-41. 2010..The study also examined the association between ZAG and adiponectin expression in human adipose tissue, and whether ZAG modulates adiponectin secretion by human adipocytes.
- The role of adiponectin in cancer: a review of current evidenceMaria Dalamaga
Laboratory of Clinical Biochemistry, Attikon General University Hospital, University of Athens, School of Medicine, 12462 Athens, Greece
Endocr Rev 33:547-94. 2012..b>Adiponectin, the most abundant protein secreted by adipose tissue, exhibits insulin-sensitizing, antiinflammatory, ..
- Adiponectin, an adipocyte-derived plasma protein, inhibits endothelial NF-kappaB signaling through a cAMP-dependent pathwayN Ouchi
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Circulation 102:1296-301. 2000Among the many adipocyte-derived endocrine factors, we found an adipocyte-derived plasma protein, adiponectin, that was decreased in obesity...
- Hypoadiponectinemia is closely linked to endothelial dysfunction in manMichio Shimabukuro
Second Department of Internal Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, 903 0215 Okinawa, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:3236-40. 2003..We asked what the relationship was between adiponectin, an adipose-specific molecule, and endothelial function...
- Adiponectin SNP276 is associated with obesity, the metabolic syndrome, and diabetes in the elderlyWei Shiung Yang
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Clin Nutr 86:509-13. 2007Genetic variations of the human adiponectin gene are associated with metabolic phenotypes, including obesity, insulin sensitivity, and diabetes. However, these associations have not been examined in an elderly population.
- Adiponectin induces pro-inflammatory programs in human macrophages and CD4+ T cellsXiang Cheng
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 287:36896-904. 2012Abundant experimental and clinical data support a modulatory role for adiponectin in inflammation, dysmetabolism, and disease...
- Globular adiponectin inhibits angiotensin II-induced nuclear factor kappaB activation through AMP-activated protein kinase in cardiac hypertrophyCheng Wang
Key Laboratory of Molecular Cardiovascular Sciences, Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Peking University Health Science Center, Ministry of Education, Beijing, China
J Cell Physiol 222:149-55. 2010..b>Adiponectin, an adipocyte-derived polypeptide, suppresses cardiac hypertrophy in response to pressure overload...
- Adiponectin, an adipocyte-derived protein, predicts future insulin resistance: two-year follow-up study in Japanese populationYukihiro Yamamoto
Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:87-90. 2004It has been reported that the serum adiponectin level was negatively correlated with body mass index (BMI), insulin resistance index, and triglycerides and was positively correlated with high-density lipoprotein cholesterol in several ..
- Adiponectin, inflammation, and the expression of the metabolic syndrome in obese individuals: the impact of rapid weight loss through caloric restrictionAntonios M Xydakis
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2697-703. 2004..b>Adiponectin has been implicated in both the pathogenesis of obesity-related insulin resistance and increased inflammation...
- Plasma adiponectin and gastric cancerMakoto Ishikawa
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 11:466-72. 2005..b>Adiponectin is a peptide hormone secreted by adipose tissue, affecting the proliferation and insulin sensitivity of various ..
- Elevated circulating plasma adiponectin in underweight patients with COPDKoichi Tomoda
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo Cho, Kashihara, Nara 634 8522, Japan
Chest 132:135-40. 2007b>Adiponectin is an adipose tissue-derived specific protein that has antiinflammatory as well as anti-atherosclerotic effects. In the United States, many patients with COPD are obese and die of cardiovascular diseases...
- Association of IL10 and other immune response- and obesity-related genes with prostate cancer in CLUE IIMing Hsi Wang
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Prostate 69:874-85. 2009..Chronic intra-prostatic inflammation and obesity are thought to influence prostate carcinogenesis. Thus, variants in genes in these pathways could be associated with prostate cancer risk...
- Adipocyte-derived plasma protein adiponectin acts as a platelet-derived growth factor-BB-binding protein and regulates growth factor-induced common postreceptor signal in vascular smooth muscle cellYukio Arita
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka and First Institute of New Drug Research, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tokushima, Japan
Circulation 105:2893-8. 2002..We previously reported that adiponectin, an adipocyte-specific plasma protein, accumulated in the human injured artery and suppressed endothelial ..
- Plasma acylation-stimulating protein, adiponectin, leptin, and ghrelin before and after weight loss induced by gastric bypass surgery in morbidly obese subjectsMay Faraj
Mike Rosenbloom Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1594-602. 2003We examined fasting plasma insulin, acylation-stimulating protein (ASP), leptin, adiponectin, ghrelin, and metabolic/cardiovascular risk profile before and 15 +/- 6 months after isolated Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery in 50 morbidly ..
- Adiponectin prevents atherosclerosis by increasing cholesterol efflux from macrophagesKazumi Tsubakio-Yamamoto
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2, Yamamdaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 375:390-4. 2008..b>Adiponectin (APN) secreted from adipocytes is one of the important molecules to inhibit the development of atherosclerosis...
- Functional characterization of promoter variants of the adiponectin gene complemented by epidemiological dataHelmut Laumen
Else Kroner Fresenius Center for Nutritional Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Diabetes 58:984-91. 2009b>Adiponectin (APM1, ACDC) is an adipocyte-derived protein with downregulated expression in obesity and insulin-resistant states...
- A validation study of type 2 diabetes-related variants of the TCF7L2, HHEX, KCNJ11, and ADIPOQ genes in one endogamous ethnic group of north IndiaVipin Gupta
South Asia Network for Chronic Disease, Public Health Foundation of India, Delhi 110016
Ann Hum Genet 74:361-8. 2010..In spite of a culturally-learned sedentary lifestyle and fat-enriched dietary habits, WHR rather than body-mass-index emerged as a robust predictor of risk for T2D in this population...
- Structure-function studies of the adipocyte-secreted hormone Acrp30/adiponectin. Implications fpr metabolic regulation and bioactivityUtpal B Pajvani
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 278:9073-85. 2003Acrp30/adiponectin is an adipocyte-specific secretory protein that has recently been implicated as a mediator of systemic insulin sensitivity with liver and muscle as target organs...
- Hypoadiponectinemia as a predictor for the development of hypertension: a 5-year prospective studyWing Sun Chow
Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, 102 Pokfulam Rd, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Hypertension 49:1455-61. 2007Low circulating levels of adiponectin, an adipokine with insulin-sensitizing, antiatherogenic, and anti-inflammatory properties, are found in hypertensive patients...
- Adiponectin increases MMP-3 expression in human chondrocytes through AdipoR1 signaling pathwayKwok Man Tong
Department of Orthopaedics, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 112:1431-40. 2011Articular adipose tissue is a ubiquitous component of human joints, and adiponectin is a protein hormone secreted predominantly by differentiated adipocytes and involved in energy homeostasis...
- Common Polymorphisms in the Adiponectin Gene ACDC Are Not Associated With Diabetes in Pima IndiansBarbora Vozarova de Courten
Translational Genomics Research Institute, Diabetes Research Unit, NIDDK, NIH, 400 North 5th St, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Diabetes 54:284-9. 2005b>Adiponectin is an abundant adipose tissue-derived protein with important metabolic effects. Plasma adiponectin levels are decreased in obese individuals, and low adiponectin levels predict insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes...
- The influence of the adiponectin gene on adiponectin concentrations and parameters of metabolic syndrome in non-diabetic Korean womenYangsoo Jang
Cardiovascular Genome Center, Cardiovascular Hospital, Severance Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Clin Chim Acta 391:85-90. 2008Concentrations of adiponectin, the protein product of the adipocyte C1q and collagen-domain-containing (ADIPOQ) gene are associated with type 2 diabetes and coronary artery disease...
- Variants of the adiponectin and adiponectin receptor 1 genes and breast cancer riskVirginia G Kaklamani
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Cancer Res 68:3178-84. 2008Breast cancer risk is higher among obese women and women with diabetes. Adiponectin is a protein exclusively secreted by adipose tissue, circulating levels of which have been associated with breast cancer risk...
- Association between adiponectin and mediators of inflammation in obese womenStefan Engeli
HELIOS Klinikum Berlin, Franz Volhard Clinic, Medical Faculty of the Charite, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
Diabetes 52:942-7. 2003Low plasma levels of the anti-inflammatory factor adiponectin characterize obesity and insulin resistance...
- Adiponectin gene polymorphisms and adiponectin levels are independently associated with the development of hyperglycemia during a 3-year period: the epidemiologic data on the insulin resistance syndrome prospective studyFrederic Fumeron
EA 3516, Interactions Gènes Environnement dans les Pathologies Métaboliques à Risque Cardiovasculaire, Faculte Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Diabetes 53:1150-7. 2004The plasma concentration of the adipocyte-derived peptide adiponectin is decreased in patients with obesity and type 2 diabetes. The adiponectin gene is located on chromosome 3q27, where a diabetes susceptibility locus has been mapped...
- Adiponectin and adiponectin receptor gene variants in relation to resting metabolic rate, respiratory quotient, and adiposity-related phenotypes in the Quebec Family StudyRuth J F Loos
Human Genomics Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 85:26-34. 2007Despite adiponectin's presumed role in fatty acid oxidation and energy homeostasis, little is known about the effect of gene variants on substrate oxidation, energy expenditure, and adiposity-related phenotypes.
- Circulating and cellular adiponectin in polycystic ovary syndrome: relationship to glucose tolerance and insulin actionVanita Aroda
VA San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, California 92161, USA
Fertil Steril 89:1200-8. 2008To evaluate serum adiponectin levels and organization into multimers in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and assess relationships between adiponectin, glucose tolerance, and insulin resistance.
- Adiponectin inhibits lymphotoxin-β receptor-mediated NF-κB signaling in human umbilical vein endothelial cellsYizhou Xu
Department of Cardiology, Hangzhou the First People s Hospital, Hangzhou Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Hangzhou 310006, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 404:1060-4. 2011b>Adiponectin exerts anti-diabetic and anti-atherogenesis properties through its 2 receptors (AdipoR1 and AdipoR2). However, the signaling pathways responsible for the anti-inflammatory effects of adiponectin are largely unknown...
- Adiponectin gene polymorphisms (T45G and G276T), adiponectin levels and risk for metabolic diseases in an Arab populationNasser M Al-Daghri
Biomarkers Research Program, Department of Biochemistry, College of Science, King Saud University, Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia
Gene 493:142-7. 2012In this study we examined the association of adiponectin gene variants with circulating adiponectin, and known metabolic diseases in 298 healthy controls and 297 Saudi subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- A comprehensive investigation of variants in genes encoding adiponectin (ADIPOQ) and its receptors (ADIPOR1/R2), and their association with serum adiponectin, type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance and the metabolic syndromeKirsten E Peters
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, Fremantle Hospital Unit, The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Western Australia, Australia
BMC Med Genet 14:15. 2013Low levels of serum adiponectin have been linked to central obesity, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, and type 2 diabetes...
- Anemia and reduced renal function are independent predictors of elevated serum adiponectin in elderly womenAyaka Tsuboi
Postgraduate School of Food Sciences and Nutrition, Mukogawa Women s University, Hyogo 663 8558, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 20:568-74. 2013Although higher adiponectin levels predict a low risk of type 2 diabetes, elevated adiponectin levels predict higher mortality in older persons.
- Association of adiponectin promoter variants with traits and clusters of metabolic syndrome in Arabs: family-based studyF Zadjali
College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman
Gene 527:663-9. 2013Plasma levels of adiponectin are decreased in type 2 diabetes, obesity and hypertension...
- Impaired multimerization of human adiponectin mutants associated with diabetes. Molecular structure and multimer formation of adiponectinHironori Waki
Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, 113 8655, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:40352-63. 2003b>Adiponectin is an adipocyte-derived hormone, which has been shown to play important roles in the regulation of glucose and lipid metabolism...
- Adiponectin may play a part in the pathogenesis of diabetic retinopathyMahmut Ilker Yilmaz
Department of Nephrology, Gulhane School of Medicine, Etlik Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Endocrinol 151:135-40. 2004To measure plasma adiponectin concentrations in patients with type 2 diabetes and to investigate any association with the severity of diabetic retinopathy, because adiponectin seems to be an important modulator for metabolic and vascular ..
- Increased plasma adiponectin concentrations are associated with microangiopathy in type 1 diabetic subjectsS Hadjadj
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology, University Hospital, BP 577, 86021, Poitiers Cedex, France
Diabetologia 48:1088-92. 2005..Patients with insulin resistance and/or macrovascular disease have abnormally low levels of adiponectin. The aim of this study was to investigate the relationships between adiponectin and renal and retinal diabetic ..
- Corticosteroid-binding globulin affects the relationship between circulating adiponectin and cortisol in men and womenJose Manuel Fernandez-Real
Diabetes, Endocrinology and Nutrition Research Unit, Dr Josep Trueta University Hospital of Girona, Carretera de Francia s n, 17007 Girona, Spain
Metabolism 54:584-9. 2005..The promoter region of the adiponectin gene--Apm1--encompasses consensus sequences for glucocorticosteroid receptor responsive element...
- Serum high molecular weight complex of adiponectin correlates better with glucose tolerance than total serum adiponectin in Indo-Asian malesF F M Fisher
Unit for Diabetes and Metabolism, Warwick Medical School, Clinical Sciences Research Institute, University of Warwick, UHCW Campus, Clifford Road, CV2 2DX, Coventry, UK
Diabetologia 48:1084-7. 2005It is well established that total systemic adiponectin is reduced in type 2 diabetic subjects. To date most studies have been concerned with the singular full-length protein or proteolytically cleaved globular domain...
- Circulating concentrations of adiponectin and tumor necrosis factor-alpha in gestational diabetes mellitusAlev E Altinova
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Gynecol Endocrinol 23:161-5. 2007b>Adiponectin and tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) have been implicated in insulin resistance and diabetes mellitus (DM)...
- Adiponectin inhibits vascular endothelial growth factor-induced migration of human coronary artery endothelial cellsKalyankar Mahadev
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Department of Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Suite 320, Curtis Building, 1015 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Cardiovasc Res 78:376-84. 2008..cell migration and angiogenesis are associated with the vascular complications of diabetes mellitus, and adiponectin is an abundant plasma adipokine that exhibits salutary effects on endothelial function...
- Serum levels of adiponectin are associated with diabetic retinopathy and with adiponectin gene mutations in Caucasian patients with diabetes mellitus type 2B Zietz
Department of Internal Medicine II, Goldberg Klinik Kelheim GmbH, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 116:532-6. 2008..Since adiponectin represents an adipocyte-specific secretory protein modulating endothelial cell functions, it was the aim of the ..
- Adiponectin is associated with low bone mineral density in elderly menLourdes Basurto
Endocrine Research Unit, National Medical Center, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Cuauhtémoc 06720 Mexico
Eur J Endocrinol 160:289-93. 2009Recent evidence suggests that adiponectin may play a role in bone metabolism. Previous studies demonstrated that the adiponectin levels had a negative correlation with bone mineral density (BMD) in women...
- Adiponectin and the incidence of type 2 diabetes in Hispanics and African Americans: the IRAS Family StudyAnthony J G Hanley
Department of Nutritional Sciences and Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Diabetes Care 34:2231-6. 2011A recent meta-analysis of 13 prospective studies reported that higher levels of adiponectin were significantly associated with lower risk of type 2 diabetes...
- Adiponectin associates with markers of cartilage degradation in osteoarthritis and induces production of proinflammatory and catabolic factors through mitogen-activated protein kinase pathwaysAnna Koskinen
The Immunopharmacology Research Group, University of Tampere School of Medicine and Tampere University Hospital, Medisiinarinkatu 3, Tampere, FI 33014, Finland
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R184. 2011b>Adiponectin is an adipokine that regulates energy metabolism and insulin sensitivity, but recent studies have pointed also to a role in inflammation and arthritis...
- Novel loci for adiponectin levels and their influence on type 2 diabetes and metabolic traits: a multi-ethnic meta-analysis of 45,891 individualsZari Dastani
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Occupational Health, Jewish General Hospital, Lady Davis Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
PLoS Genet 8:e1002607. 2012Circulating levels of adiponectin, a hormone produced predominantly by adipocytes, are highly heritable and are inversely associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2D) and other metabolic traits...
- The association studies of ADIPOQ with type 2 diabetes mellitus in Chinese populationsYiping Li
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Second People s Hospital of Yunnan Province, Kunming, Yunnan, China
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 28:551-9. 2012b>Adiponectin, which is secreted by the white adipose tissue, plays an important role in type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) and its complications...
- High serum C1q-adiponectin/total adiponectin ratio correlates with coronary artery disease in Japanese type 2 diabeticsAyumu Hirata
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Metabolism 62:578-85. 2013b>Adiponectin, an adipocyte-derived protein, has potential antiatherogenic properties. Low levels of serum total-adiponectin (Total-APN) correlate with diabetes and coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Adiponectin and leptin induce VCAM-1 expression in human and murine chondrocytesJavier Conde
NEIRID Lab NeuroEndocrine Interaction in Rheumatology and Inflammatory Diseases, SERGAS, Santiago University Clinical Hospital, Institute of Medical Research IDIS, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e52533. 2012..There are several factors involved in the pathogenesis of these diseases including pro-inflammatory cytokines, adipokines and adhesion molecules...
- Increment and impairment of adiponectin in renal failureNoriyuki Komura
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Cardiovasc Res 86:471-7. 2010..However, plasma adiponectin (APN) levels are increased in renal dysfunction...
- Influence of leptin, adiponectin, and resistin on the association between abdominal adiposity and arterial stiffnessB Gwen Windham
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Geriatric Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi, USA
Am J Hypertens 23:501-7. 2010..adipocytes account for most adipokine production, the objectives of this study were to examine the influence of adipokines such as leptin, adiponectin, and resistin on the relationship between abdominal adiposity and arterial stiffness.
- Relationship between single nucleotide polymorphisms in leptin, IL6 and adiponectin genes and their circulating product in morbidly obese subjects before and after gastric banding surgeryChristine Poitou
INSERM Avenir EA 3502, Paris 6 University, Nutrition Department, AP HP, Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
Obes Surg 15:11-23. 2005..Leptin, IL6 and adiponectin can be considered as adiposity signals...
- Associations of adiponectin with body fat distribution and insulin sensitivity in nondiabetic Hispanics and African-AmericansAnthony J G Hanley
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3E2
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2665-71. 2007..Although associations of adiponectin with central obesity and insulin resistance have been reported, very little data are available from studies ..
- Adiponectin levels do not predict clinical onset of type 1 diabetes in antibody-positive relativesI Truyen
Diabetes Research Center, Brussels Free University VUB, Laarbeeklaan 103, 1090, Brussels, Belgium
Diabetologia 50:2143-6. 2007Insulin resistance has been proposed as a risk factor for type 1 diabetes. We investigated whether adiponectin, an insulin sensitiser, can serve as an additional predictive marker for type 1 diabetes in first-degree relatives of known ..
- Associations between 45T/G polymorphism of the adiponectin gene and plasma adiponectin levels with type 2 diabetesLin Lin Li
Department of Pharmacology, Xinjiang Medical University, Urumuqi, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 34:1287-90. 2007..study was to investigate the association between the single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) 45T/G and plasma adiponectin levels and the prevalence of Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) in Uygurs of the Xinjiang region, China. 2...
- Adipokine genes and prostate cancer riskSteven C Moore
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Int J Cancer 124:869-76. 2009..05). Polymorphisms in the IL6, LEPR, TNF and ADIPOQ genes were not associated with prostate cancer. Allelic variants in the LEP gene are related to prostate cancer risk, supporting a role for leptin in prostate carcinogenesis...
- Adiponectin and functional adiponectin receptor 1 are expressed by airway epithelial cells in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseMarina Miller
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA 92093, USA
J Immunol 182:684-91. 2009..pulmonary disease-Emphysema) and control subjects using a 120 Ab cytokine array and demonstrated that adiponectin was highly expressed in BAL in COPD-E...
- Association study of the single nucleotide polymorphisms in adiponectin-associated genes with type 2 diabetes in Han ChineseYabing Wang
Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
J Genet Genomics 36:417-23. 2009..To investigate the contribution of the adiponectin genes and their receptors to T2DM, a case-control study was performed and 11 SNPs of ADIPOQ, ADIPOR1, and ..
- A Prospective Study of Adiposity and Subclinical Coronary Artery DiseaseCHRISTINA LYNN WASSEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..between these measures and four inflammatory adipocytokines (interleukin-6, tumor necrosis factor - 1, leptin, adiponectin), CVD risk factors, and CAC...
- Metabolic Characterization of the Novel Adipokine CTRP3Jonathan Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2011..Acrp30/Adiponectin is an insulin-sensitizing, multimeric protein produced by adipose tissue that plays a major role in regulating ..
- Calorie Restriction &Body Composition, Function, &QoL in Older AdultsJulie L Locher; Fiscal Year: 2013..risk factors (Specific Aim #2: blood pressure, blood glucose, insulin, lipids, C-reactive protein, adiponectin, leptin, tumor necrosis factor-1, interleukin-6), functional status, and quality of life (Specific Aim #3: life ..
- Depression, Adipocytokines and Metabolic Dysregulation in Black and White WomenSusan A Everson Rose; Fiscal Year: 2010..Of specific interest in this application are adiponectin, an anti-inflammatory adipocytokine with insulin-sensitizing, anti-thrombotic and anti-atherogenic effects, and ..
- Lipocalin 2 in Inflammation and Metabolic ControlXiaoli Chen; Fiscal Year: 2012..Most strikingly, LCN2 regulates the adipocyte production of leptin and adiponectin. Our results lead to the hypothesis that LCN2 homeostatically regulates inflammatory response and insulin ..
- Andrew B Muir; Fiscal Year: 2014..dysregulated adipose tissue, including insulin resistance (HOMA-IR, glucose clamp), circulating leptin and adiponectin, and markers of chronic inflammation (CRP, IL-6, TNF-[unreadable])...
- NICOLE LENORE MIHALOPOULOS; Fiscal Year: 2014..Specifically, she will study how adiponectin and leptin, two adipokines that affect insulin resistance and lipid metabolism, and brown adipose tissue (BAT) ..
- Lei Cao; Fiscal Year: 2014..switch, enhanced insulin sensitivity, resistance to diet-induced obesity (DIO), lower leptin level, higher adiponectin level and marked inhibition in melanoma and colon cancer growth...
- Timothy E McGraw; Fiscal Year: 2016..g., leptin, adiponectin, etc.)...
- Childhood Precursors for Adulthood Metabolic SyndromeShumei S Sun; Fiscal Year: 2010..for body fat, fat distribution, fat-free mass, lipid profiles, insulin resistance, blood pressure, leptin, adiponectin and C-reactive protein (CRP) in relation to the presence or absence of the metabolic syndrome in adulthood;and, ..
- GUANG WILLIAM WONG; Fiscal Year: 2016..One widely studied adipokine is adiponectin, well-known for being an insulin-sensitizer that promotes fatty acid oxidation in muscles and suppresses ..
- Autonomic, Endothelial, and Inflammatory Correlates of Sleep DurationMERCEDES RENEE CARNETHON; Fiscal Year: 2012..function (von Willebrand factor and E-selectin) and adipocytokines that represent insulin resistance (adiponectin, leptin, resistin, tumor necrosis factor-1, plasminogen activator inhibitor-1) and inflammation (C-reactive ..
- Osteocalcin and Metabolic Risk Factors. The Framingham StudyYi Hsiang Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2011..regulation of energy metabolism by enhancing b-cell proliferation, insulin production, insulin sensitivity and adiponectin expression as a feedback loop of Leptin's regulation of osteoblasts...
- Robert S Sherwin; Fiscal Year: 2014..Using fMRI we plan to determine if obese adolescents, with relative low leptin and adiponectin in conjunction with high circulating insulin levels, might also display abnormal neuronal activity in certain ..
- Lisa Chasan-Taber; Fiscal Year: 2016..e., glucose, insulin, HbA1c, leptin, TNF-, HOMA, AUCgluc, adiponectin), 3) other cardiovascular risk factors (i.e...
- Li Jiao; Fiscal Year: 2015..Such interaction on adipocytes affects the secretion of adipokines, including adiponectin, leptin, PAI-1, and MCP1 that further contributes to obesity and insulin resistance...
- Paul F Pilch; Fiscal Year: 2015..a variety of physiologically important proteins including the adipokines (adipose-derived cytokines) leptin and adiponectin. The assembly and secretion of these and other adipokines is initiated in the endoplasmic reticulum (E.R...
- DIET GLYCEMIC LOAD & METABOLISM IN OBESE PREGNANT WOMENJanet King; Fiscal Year: 2009..hormones involved in regulating fuel metabolism (human chorionic somatomammotropin, progesterone, leptin, adiponectin, prolactin, glucagon, cortisol, catecholamines, and ghrelin);and 3) to determine if consuming low GL diets the ..
- Mechanisms underlying adverse health consequences of shift workFrank A Scheer; Fiscal Year: 2013..The principal dependent variables are derived from circulating adipocyte hormones (leptin, adiponectin, resistin, ghrelin), measures of insulin resistance (mixed meal response and intravenous glucose tolerance test)..
- Cohort Study of Biochemical and Genetic Risk Factors for Pancreatic CancerBRIAN MATTHEW WOLPIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..long-term systemic insulin exposure and two hormones altered in states of obesity and insulin resistance, adiponectin and leptin...
- Christos S Mantzoros; Fiscal Year: 2016..Moreover, the PI is presenting some of his studies on the role of adiponectin as the link between obesity, insulin resistance and colon cancer, ranging from large observational cohort ..
- Long-term changes in weight and adipokines and the associations with genetic variLora E Burke; Fiscal Year: 2010..from baseline to 24 months and their effect on insulin resistance (plasma insulin), adipokines (TNFalpha, IL-6, adiponectin, IL-10), and ghrelin and leptin;(2) describe the behaviors related to energy intake and energy expenditure and ..
- Philipp E Scherer; Fiscal Year: 2016..In parallel, both the production and the release of the adipokine adiponectin are frequently impaired as well...
- Nada A Abumrad; Fiscal Year: 2016..in cross adipose tissue where we showed that it influences PPARgamma activation and the secretion of leptin and adiponectin. Finally we documented the role of fatty acids and the transcription factor FoxO1 in regulation of CD36 ..
- Regulation of adipose tissue metabolism by central insulin and leptinChristoph Buettner; Fiscal Year: 2013..endocrine organ that regulates energy homeostasis, glucose and lipid metabolism via adipokines like leptin and adiponectin, fatty acid release and possibly neuronal afferens...
- Kumaravel Rajakumar; Fiscal Year: 2016..g. CRP, IL-6, TNF-alpha);(6) adipokines (leptin and adiponectin);and (7) nitric oxide metabolites. Brachial FMD at 6 months will be the primary outcome measure...
- David A Bernlohr; Fiscal Year: 2016..of the metabolic syndrome including diminished adipocyte lipolysis, reduced TNF[unreadable] and increased adiponectin expression, improved insulin sensitivity, decreased NF-?B activation, protection from asthma and diminished ..
- Cynthia Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2014..to date indicates that pro-inflammatory adipokines have a negative impact on microvascular function, while adiponectin has a protective effect on the microcirculation...
- Lipid Binding Proteins in Obesity and Diabetes SyndromesDavid A Bernlohr; Fiscal Year: 2011..of the metabolic syndrome including diminished adipocyte lipolysis, reduced TNFαand increased adiponectin expression, improved insulin sensitivity, decreased NF-κB activation, protection from asthma and ..
- David E Harrison; Fiscal Year: 2014..subcutaneous/visceral fat tissue distribution (using computerized tomography imaging);circulating adipokines (adiponectin, resistin, IL-6, and TNF-alpha);circulating and tissue levels of free fatty acids, triglyceride and cholesterol;..
- ERICA PAULINE GUNDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2014..has lasting effects on cardio- metabolic risk factors, and biomarkers of insulin resistance and adiposity (adiponectin, IL-6, CRP, sICAM-1, leptin, sOB-R, TNF-1) that precede the onset of diabetes in women...
- Lu Qi; Fiscal Year: 2016..key role in vascular disease, through secretion of adipocytokines, including retinol binding protein 4 (RBP4), adiponectin, and resistin, which are involved in inflammation and insulin resistance...
- Visceral Adiposity, HIV, and HCV: Biologic Mediators of Hepatic SteatosisPhyllis C Tien; Fiscal Year: 2013..studies suggest that the consequences of visceral obesity (increased inflammatory cytokines, decreased adiponectin, insulin resistance, increased circulating free fatty acids or microbial translocation of gut-derived ..
- Adiponectin Actions on the Monocyte to Reduce AtherosclerosisRajendra K Tangirala; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Adiponectin, a hormone produced primarily by adipose tissue, has emerged as a therapeutic target for two major diseases of the Western World, diabetes and cardiovascular disease...
- ALEXANDER BANKS; Fiscal Year: 2014..This phosphorylation correlates with dysregulation of PPAR-gamma target genes, such as adiponectin. Treatment of patients or mice with thiazolidinediones reverses phosphorylation as it improves insulin ..
- KRISTEN GILL HAIRSTON; Fiscal Year: 2014..New assays of CRP, IL-6 and adiponectin will be conducted in stored specimens to obtain longitudinal measures of these biomarkers...
- Jerry Ingrande; Fiscal Year: 2015..Adipose tissue is a highly metabolically active tissue and is responsible for the secretion of adiponectin, an adipokine with anti-inflammatory and insulin sensitizing properties...
- Tina E Brinkley; Fiscal Year: 2014..e. adipokines). Of particular interest is adiponectin, which is expressed in both PCAT and PVAT and has potent effects on cardiovascular function and insulin action...
- Adipocyte insulin signaling and circulating adiponectin levelsROCIO INES PEREIRA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Type 2 diabetes (T2DM), and the Metabolic Syndrome (MetS) are associated with low circulating levels of adiponectin, a protein produced exclusively by adipocytes...
- Regulation of energy metabolism by an osteoblast-specific geneGerard Karsenty; Fiscal Year: 2010..could detect in Esp-deficient mice were an hypoglycemia, an increase in insulin secretion, and an increase in adiponectin secretion resulting in an increase in insulin sensitivity...
- Christopher J Easley; Fiscal Year: 2016..b>Adiponectin, a multimeric protein secreted by adipocytes, is one of the most abundantly secreted proteins in the body and ..
- Massimo Loda; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our preliminary data demonstrate that low serum levels of adiponectin, an endogenous activator of AMPK, significantly predict poor PCa survival...
- Diet and Exercise in Type 2 DiabetesKerry J Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2010..include systemic inflammation, insulin sensitivity, aerobic and strength fitness, glycemic control, leptin, adiponectin, and cardiovascular disease risk factors...
- Lactation and Glucose Tolerance After GDM PregnancyERICA PAULINE GUNDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2011..post load plasma glucose and insulin levels, indices of insulin resistance, body weight, waist girth and plasma adiponectin. Because randomization is not feasible, the rigorous assessment of lactation intensity and duration controlling ..
- Comprehensive biomarker study to capitalize on existing GWAS in 10K South AsiansDanish Saleheen; Fiscal Year: 2010..to oxLDL, LpPLA2, sPLA2, myeloperoxidase);(2) insulin resistance and adiposity (insulin, C-peptide, adiponectin, leptin, resistin, liver function enzymes);(3) renal function (creatinine, cystatin C, ADMA, uric acid, 25(OH)..
- Immunology, Inflammation, and EndometriosisSTACEY ANN MISSMER; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specifically, a) Higher endogenous levels of c-peptide, insulin, leptin, and lower levels of adiponectin increase the risk of endometriosis...
- Lisa Chasan-Taber; Fiscal Year: 2016..e., glucose, insulin, HbA1c, HOMA, leptin, adiponectin), 3) postpartum biomarkers of cardiovascular risk (i.e...
- Brian C Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2014..the associations between diet;gender;circulating levels of insulin, insulin derived growth factor, leptin, adiponectin, interleukin 6, tumor necrosis factor alpha, c-reactive protein, and other markers of insulin resistance and ..
- Surgical amelioration of type 2 diabetes: Hormones, microbiota and mitochondriaPETER J contact HAVEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..the production, secretion, and signaling of GI hormones (GLP-1, PYY, and ghrelin), and the adipocyte hormone, adiponectin and by altering bile acid metabolism and intestinal microflora...
- UTPAL BHAGIRATH PAJVANI; Fiscal Year: 2015..of Medicine in 2005, the latter degree earned in defining the biochemistry of the adipocyte-secreted hormone, adiponectin, and subsequently performed medical training in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology at Columbia University. Dr...
- Synergistic Roles of Adiponectin & PPARgamma in Beta-Cell Survival/ProliferationWilliam L Holland; Fiscal Year: 2010..of action of TZDs, their effects likely involve upregulation of the adipocyte-specific secretory molecule adiponectin (AcrpSO)...
- Weight Loss &Exercise Effects on Telomere Length in Postmenopausal WomenANNE M MCTIERNAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..protein, serum amyloid A, interleukin-6), insulin like growth factor 1 and binding protein 3, and adipokines (adiponectin, leptin)...
- Kathryn M Rexrode; Fiscal Year: 2016..Additionally, we will examine the adipocyte-derived adiponectin, and retinal binding protein 4 as risk predictors for ischemic stroke in women...
- Donald A McClain; Fiscal Year: 2016..from increased glucose uptake in muscle mediated by activation of AMP-dependent kinase (AMPK) and increased adiponectin, without a change in overall adiposity;(B) Decreased glucose and increased fatty acid oxidation are seen, with ..
- OMEGA-3 SUPPLMENTATION DECREASES INFLAMMATION AND FETAL OBESITY IN PREGNANCYSylvie Hauguel De Mouzon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Additionatty, w witl investigate the direct affect of n-3 pf4 on the expression of adiponectin and PPARy regulated genes in primary cuttured adipocytes...
- Qi Sun; Fiscal Year: 2016..of insulin resistance/glucose metabolism abnormalities, including fasting insulin, hemoglobin-A1c, and total adiponectin, in young and middle-aged women who participated in a well-characterized prospective cohort: The Nurses'..
- Assiamira Ferrara; Fiscal Year: 2016..Given the high cost of measuring BPA and metabolic biomarkers (glucose, insulin, adiponectin, GGT and ALT);we will obtain these measurements from 300 GDM cases and 600 controls to conduct a prospective, ..
- Development of a mouse model of obesity in pregnancyThomas Jansson; Fiscal Year: 2009..obtained to characterize animals metabolically (serum concentrations of insulin, leptin, TNF-?, IL-6, and adiponectin)...
- Sheila Gahagan; Fiscal Year: 2016..measure anthropometry, fat and muscle mass (DXA), fasting glucose, insulin (HOMA IR), lipids, leptin, ghrelin, adiponectin, orexin, CRP, and TNF alpha...
- Young Bum Kim; Fiscal Year: 2016..successfully generated loxP flanked ROCK1 mice, which are currently being breed with mice expressing MCK-Cre or adiponectin-Cre recombinase producing muscle- or adipose-specific ROCK1-deficient mice...
- Adipokine Signaling in MacrophagesLing Qi; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., adiponectin and resistin) secreted by adipocytes...
- Rotonya M Carr; Fiscal Year: 2016..The research plan explores the novel hypothesis that Perilipin 2 (Plin2)- mediated lipid droplet biogenesis and adiponectin signaling are critically involved mechanistically in ceramide metabolism and insulin sensitivity in alcoholic ..
- HEME OXYGENASE REGULATION OF EICOSANOID BIOSYNTHESISNader G Abraham; Fiscal Year: 2013..Previous work has identified the heme oxygenases (HO-1/HO-2), EETs and adiponectin as key endothelial protective molecules...
- Mechanisms of Vascular Dysfunction in Obesity & the Metabolic SyndromeELAINE MOTT URBINA; Fiscal Year: 2010..One of the pathways by which obesity induces target organ damage may involve fat derived adiponectin's (APN) effect on vascular function...
- Adiponectin effects on leptin signaling in hepatocellular carcinomaNeeraj Kumar Saxena; Fiscal Year: 2011..carcinogenesis by autocrine and paracrine actions mediated by two major adipocytokines, leptin and adiponectin. Our recent studies investigating the oncogenic actions of leptin revealed that - i) leptin induces ..
- Biomarkers of obesity inflammation and colon cancer riskJENIFER IMIG FENTON; Fiscal Year: 2010..has demonstrated that some serum-derived biomarkers changing with adiposity, including leptin, IL-6, and adiponectin have profound effects on colon epithelial cells...
- Role of Genes in Exceptional Longevity in HumansNIR J BARZILAI; Fiscal Year: 2012..in a single polymorphism in the Cholesterol ester transfer protein (CETP), Apolipoprotein C-3 (APOC-3), Adiponectin (ADIPOQ) genes...
- DHA, Inflammation, and Insulin Sensitivity in Obese Pregnant WomenDebra Krummel; Fiscal Year: 2009..obese, pregnant woman has increased serum levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines and low circulating levels of adiponectin leading to decreased insulin sensitivity, which has been suggested to link obesity in pregnancy to metabolic ..
- Trypanosoma cruzi and AIDS: Role of the AdipocyteHerbert Tanowitz; Fiscal Year: 2007..Moreover, infection with this parasite profoundly alters glucose metabolism and adiponectin levels...
- Epidemiology and Incidence of Barrett's EsophagusDOUGLAS ALLEN CORLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..pathway between obesity and cancer may be through intermediary, adipose-associated hormones, such as leptin, adiponectin, ghrelin and insulin-like growth factors...
- PROSPECTIVE STUDIES OF DIET AND CANCER IN MEN AND WOMENWalter C Willett; Fiscal Year: 2010..and NSAID's and of insulinemia (weight and weight gain, dietary insulin index, plasma C-peptide, and adiponectin) will also be examined detail...
- Adiponectin regulates nutrient transport in the placentaTheresa L Powell; Fiscal Year: 2009..The objective of this R03 application is to determine the role of adiponectin in regulating placental nutrient transport...
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Heart FailureWilliam Stanley; Fiscal Year: 2009..Fish oil intake also increased the cardioprotective hormone adiponectin in plasma, which we found correlated with prevention of cardiac dysfunction in pressure overloaded rats...
- MHC class II-Associated Endothelial DysfunctionJoseph Holoshitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..is noteworthy that several known atherosclerosis-modulating proteins, such as C1q, mannose binding lectin and adiponectin, have all been previously shown to transduce signaling via cell surface CRT...
- Use of OBG3 for promoting central nervous system remyelinationPatent Number: WO03044057-A2; Date:2003-05-30