Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: adenosine kinase
Description: adenosine kinase
Alias: adenosine kinase, adenosine 5'-phosphotransferase, testicular tissue protein Li 14
Products: adenosine kinase
Publications112 found, 100 shown here
- Weltha L, Reemmer J, Boison D. The role of adenosine in epilepsy. Brain Res Bull. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Maladaptive changes in adenosine metabolism, in particular increased expression of the astroglial enzyme adenosine kinase (ADK), play a major role in epileptogenesis...
- Roca E, Pozzari M, Vermi W, Tovazzi V, Baggi A, Amoroso V, et al. Outcome of EGFR-mutated adenocarcinoma NSCLC patients with changed phenotype to squamous cell carcinoma after tyrosine kinase inhibitors: A pooled analysis with an additional case. Lung Cancer. 2019;127:12-18 pubmed publisher..The prognosis after SqCC diagnosis was extremely poor and current treatments largely inefficacious. ..
- Perilla J, Leahy D, Woolf T. Molecular dynamics simulations of transitions for ECD epidermal growth factor receptors show key differences between human and drosophila forms of the receptors. Proteins. 2013;81:1113-26 pubmed publisher..We close with a discussion about the residues that may be changed in the human and the Drosophila forms to potentially shift the kinetics of the symmetric to asymmetric transition. ..
- Israeli T, Riahi Y, Saada A, Yefet D, Cerasi E, Tirosh B, et al. Opposing effects of intracellular versus extracellular adenine nucleotides on autophagy: implications for ?-cell function. J Cell Sci. 2018;131: pubmed publisher..Adenosine regulation of autophagy was independent of AMPK or mTORC1 activity. Adenosine kinase (ADK) is the principal enzyme for metabolic adenosine clearance...
- Sharma D, Khan A. Role of cell division protein divIVA in Enterococcus faecalis pathogenesis, biofilm and drug resistance: A future perspective by in silico approaches. Microb Pathog. 2018;125:361-365 pubmed publisher..We suggest that cumulatively divIVA and its interactive partners might be directly or indirectly involved in E. faecalis cell division, growth, biofilm formation, virulence and resistance. ..
- Liu L, Chung H, Lacatus G, Baliji S, Ruan J, Sunter G. Altered expression of Arabidopsis genes in response to a multifunctional geminivirus pathogenicity protein. BMC Plant Biol. 2014;14:302 pubmed publisher..2, an Arabidopsis SNF1 related protein kinase, and adenosine kinase (ADK)...
- Pimentel V, Moretto M, Oliveira M, Zanini D, SebastiÃ£o A, Schetinger M. Neuroinflammation after neonatal hypoxia-ischemia is associated with alterations in the purinergic system: adenosine deaminase 1 isoenzyme is the most predominant after insult. Mol Cell Biochem. 2015;403:169-77 pubmed publisher..to identify the isoforms of adenosine deaminase (ADA) responsible for the enzymatic activity as well as the adenosine kinase (ADK) and A1 adenosine receptor (A1R) expression in the cerebral cortex eight days after HI...
- Boison D, Aronica E. Comorbidities in Neurology: Is adenosine the common link?. Neuropharmacology. 2015;97:18-34 pubmed publisher..on the 'adenosine hypothesis of comorbidities' implying that astrocyte activation, via overexpression of adenosine kinase (ADK), induces a deficiency in the homeostatic tone of adenosine...
- Moreno Uribe L, Ray A, Blanchette D, Dawson D, Southard T. Phenotype-genotype correlations of facial width and height proportions in patients with Class II malocclusion. Orthod Craniofac Res. 2015;18 Suppl 1:100-8 pubmed publisher..The methods described are suitable for discovery and replication of associations between genotypes and malocclusion phenotypes. ..
- Sandau U, Colino Oliveira M, Jones A, Saleumvong B, Coffman S, Liu L, et al. Adenosine Kinase Deficiency in the Brain Results in Maladaptive Synaptic Plasticity. J Neurosci. 2016;36:12117-12128 pubmedb>Adenosine kinase (ADK) deficiency in human patients (OMIM:614300) disrupts the methionine cycle and triggers hypermethioninemia, hepatic encephalopathy, cognitive impairment, and seizures...
- Camara M, Bouvier L, Miranda M, Pereira C. The flagellar adenylate kinases of Trypanosoma cruzi. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2015;362:1-5 pubmed publisher..The presence of ADK variants in the flagellum would be critical for the provision of energy in a process of high ATP consumption such as cell motility. ..
- Pabst A, Walter C, Bell A, Weyhrauch M, Schmidtmann I, Scheller H, et al. Influence of CAD/CAM zirconia for implant-abutment manufacturing on gingival fibroblasts and oral keratinocytes. Clin Oral Investig. 2016;20:1101-8 pubmed publisher..The analyzed zirconia ceramics could influence oral soft-tissue cells that might affect the esthetic outcome after implant placement using CAD/CAM zirconia abutments. ..
- de Oliveira R, Morales Neto R, Rocco S, Sforça M, Polo C, Tonoli C, et al. Adenosine Kinase couples sensing of cellular potassium depletion to purine metabolism. Sci Rep. 2018;8:11988 pubmed publisherb>Adenosine Kinase (ADK) regulates the cellular levels of adenosine (ADO) by fine-tuning its metabolic clearance...
- Malnuit V, SlavÄ›tÃnskÃ¡ L, NauÅ¡ P, DÅ¾ubÃ¡k P, HajdÃºch M, StolaÅ™ÃkovÃ¡ J, et al. 2-Substituted 6-(Het)aryl-7-deazapurine Ribonucleosides: Synthesis, Inhibition of Adenosine Kinases, and Antimycobacterial Activity. ChemMedChem. 2015;10:1079-93 pubmed publisher..The title compounds were observed to be potent and selective inhibitors of Mycobacterium tuberculosis adenosine kinase (ADK), but not human ADK; moreover, they were found to be non-cytotoxic...
- Llama Palacios A, Potupa O, Sanchez M, Figuero E, Herrera D, Sanz M. Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans Growth in Biofilm versus Planktonic State: Differential Expression of Proteins. J Proteome Res. 2017;16:3158-3167 pubmed publisher..These immunogenic proteins overexpressed in the biofilm may represent candidate virulence factors. ..
- Osborne D, Sandau U, Jones A, Vander Velden J, Weingarten A, Etesami N, et al. Developmental role of adenosine kinase for the expression of sex-dependent neuropsychiatric behavior. Neuropharmacology. 2018;141:89-97 pubmed publisher..We previously found that expression changes in the adenosine metabolizing enzyme adenosine kinase (ADK) in the adult brain are associated with deficits in various cognitive domains...
- Pabst A, Lehmann K, Walter C, KrÃ¼ger M, Stratul S, Kasaj A. Influence of porcine-derived collagen matrix on endothelial progenitor cells: an in vitro study. Odontology. 2016;104:19-26 pubmed publisher..05). Overall, our results suggest a good biocompatibility of PDCM without any cytotoxic effects on EPC, which might support a rapid revascularization and therefore a sufficient ingrowth of the PDCM. ..
- Meka R, Venkatesha S, Moudgil K. Peptide-directed liposomal delivery improves the therapeutic index of an immunomodulatory cytokine in controlling autoimmune arthritis. J Control Release. 2018;286:279-288 pubmed publisher..This targeted therapy platform may be suitable for use in RA patients. ..
- Jackel J, Buchmann R, Singhal U, Bisaro D. Analysis of geminivirus AL2 and L2 proteins reveals a novel AL2 silencing suppressor activity. J Virol. 2015;89:3176-87 pubmed publisher..Previous studies showed that both AL2 and L2 suppress silencing by a mechanism that correlates with adenosine kinase (ADK) inhibition, while AL2 in addition activates transcription of cellular genes that negatively regulate ..
- Poppe D, Doerr J, Schneider M, Wilkens R, Steinbeck J, Ladewig J, et al. Genome Editing in Neuroepithelial Stem Cells to Generate Human Neurons with High Adenosine-Releasing Capacity. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2018;7:477-486 pubmed publisher..neuroepithelial stem [lt-NES] cells) generated by zinc finger nuclease (ZFN)-mediated knockout of the adenosine kinase (ADK) gene...
- Brown R, Holden M, Spiller O, Chalker V. Development of a Multilocus Sequence Typing Scheme for Molecular Typing of Mycoplasma pneumoniae. J Clin Microbiol. 2015;53:3195-203 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae isolates examined, providing a method for further and more detailed analysis of observed epidemic peaks of M. pneumoniae infection. This scheme is supported by a public Web-based database (http://pubmlst.org/mpneumoniae). ..
- Rodionova I, Zhang Z, Mehla J, Goodacre N, Babu M, Emili A, et al. The phosphocarrier protein HPr of the bacterial phosphotransferase system globally regulates energy metabolism by directly interacting with multiple enzymes in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:14250-14257 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that HPr serves as a directly interacting global regulator of carbon and energy metabolism and probably of other physiological processes in enteric bacteria. ..
- Hong S, Li T, Luo Y, Li W, Tang X, Ye Y, et al. Dynamic Changes of Astrocytes and Adenosine Signaling in Rat Hippocampus in Post-status Epilepticus Model of Epileptogenesis. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2018;38:1227-1234 pubmed publisherIt is of great importance to explore the development of epileptogenesis, and the adenosine and adenosine kinase (ADK) system seems to play a key role in this process...
- Li Y, Wang Y, Song K, Liu L, Cai R, Tao G, et al. A rapid and sensitive colorimetric assay for the determination of adenosine kinase activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;502:250-254 pubmed publisherb>Adenosine kinase (ADK) plays an important role in the growth and development of organisms. A convenient, quick, reliable, sensitive and low-cost assay for ADK activity is of great significance...
- Young D, Fong D, Lawlor P, Wu A, Mouravlev A, McRae M, et al. Adenosine kinase, glutamine synthetase and EAAT2 as gene therapy targets for temporal lobe epilepsy. Gene Ther. 2014;21:1029-40 pubmed publisher..glutamine synthetase (GS) or excitatory amino-acid transporter 2 (EAAT2), or expression of microRNA targeting adenosine kinase (miR-ADK) in hippocampal astrocytes in the rat brain could modulate susceptibility to kainate-induced ..
- Robin E, Marcillac F, Raddatz E. A hypoxic episode during cardiogenesis downregulates the adenosinergic system and alters the myocardial anoxic tolerance. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2015;308:R614-26 pubmed publisher..Ectonucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase (CD39), ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73), adenosine kinase (AdK), adenosine deaminase (ADA), equilibrative (ENT1,3,4), and concentrative (CNT3) transporters and ADO ..
- Luzzi L, Marulli G, de Palma A, Meniconi F, Ghisalberti M, Stocca F, et al. Prognostic factors and clinical outcome in patients with surgically resected peripheral N0 adenocarcinoma <3 cm. Minerva Chir. 2016;71:1-7 pubmed..The lepidic growth pattern is the main prognostic factor independently from the extension of resection however, in case of visceral pleural involvement, lobectomy reduces significantly the risk of recurrence. ..
- Rogne P, Wolf Watz M. Urea-Dependent Adenylate Kinase Activation following Redistribution of Structural States. Biophys J. 2016;111:1385-1395 pubmed publisher..This effect complements the action of osmolytes, such as trimethylamine N-oxide, that favor more compact protein states. ..
- Navarro G, Abdolazimi Y, Zhao Z, Xu H, Lee S, Armstrong N, et al. Genetic Disruption of Adenosine Kinase in Mouse Pancreatic ?-Cells Protects Against High-Fat Diet-Induced Glucose Intolerance. Diabetes. 2017;66:1928-1938 pubmed publisher..Our prior screening efforts led to the discovery that adenosine kinase (ADK) inhibitors stimulate ?-cell replication...
- Kovacs Z, Kékesi K, Juhasz G, Dobolyi A. The antiepileptic potential of nucleosides. Curr Med Chem. 2014;21:788-821 pubmed..g., Guo, Ino and Urd), have shown antiseizure activity. Adenosine kinase (ADK) inhibitors, Ado uptake inhibitors and Ado-releasing implants also have beneficial effects on epileptic ..
- Felde O, Kreizinger Z, Sulyok K, Marton S, Banyai K, Korbuly K, et al. Genotyping Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae isolates based on multi-locus sequence typing, multiple-locus variable-number tandem repeat analysis and analysing gene p146. Vet Microbiol. 2018;222:85-90 pubmed publisher..Examination of the p146 gene is suitable to complement both MLST and MLVA methods in order to refine closer genetic relationships. ..
- Boonrueng C, Tangpranomkorn S, Yazhisai U, Sirikantaramas S. Molecular cloning, subcellular localization and characterization of two adenylate kinases from cassava, Manihot esculenta Crantz cv. KU50. J Plant Physiol. 2016;204:66-73 pubmed publisher..However, MeADK2 transcripts were expressed at much higher levels than MeADK1 in 5-month-old leaves and roots. Thus, we conclude that MeADK2 might play a vital role in energy homeostasis in cassava mitochondria. ..
- Eguchi R, Akao S, Otsuguro K, Yamaguchi S, Ito S. Different mechanisms of extracellular adenosine accumulation by reduction of the external Ca(2+) concentration and inhibition of adenosine metabolism in spinal astrocytes. J Pharmacol Sci. 2015;128:47-53 pubmed publisher..The combination of adenosine kinase and deaminase (ADK/ADA) inhibition and a reduced [Ca(2+)]e increased the extracellular adenosine level...
- Xiao Y, Sha W, Tian Z, Chen Y, Ji P, Sun Q, et al. Adenylate kinase: a novel antigen for immunodiagnosis and subunit vaccine against tuberculosis. J Mol Med (Berl). 2016;94:823-34 pubmed publisher..ADK induces strong immune responses both in humans and mice. ADK-specific IFN-Î³ production and B-cell responses have high potential for TB diagnosis. ADK immunization provides protection against M.tb infection. ..
- Staufner C, Blom H, Dionisi Vici C, Freisinger P, Makhseed N, Ballhausen D, et al. MRI and (1)H-MRS in adenosine kinase deficiency. Neuroradiology. 2016;58:697-703 pubmed publisherb>Adenosine kinase deficiency (ADK deficiency) is a recently described disorder of methionine and adenosine metabolism resulting in a neurological phenotype with developmental delay, muscular hypotonia, and epilepsy as well as variable ..
- Li D, Liu M, Ji B. Mapping the Dynamics Landscape of Conformational Transitions in Enzyme: The Adenylate Kinase Case. Biophys J. 2015;109:647-60 pubmed publisher..The developed methodology can also apply to other proteins and biomolecular systems. ..
- Chen Y, Zhang Y, Wang Z, Xu W, Li R, Zhang J. Effects of adenosine metabolism in astrocytes on central nervous system oxygen toxicity. Brain Res. 2016;1635:180-9 pubmed publisher..Adenosine metabolism and adenosine receptors are related to HBO-induced CNS-OT development. These results will provide new potential targets for the termination or the attenuation of CNS-OT. ..
- Greene R, Bjorness T, Suzuki A. The adenosine-mediated, neuronal-glial, homeostatic sleep response. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2017;44:236-242 pubmed publisher..extracellular adenosine that acts at neuronal adenosine A1 receptors to facilitate SWA and is metabolized by adenosine kinase found in glia...
- Nylund A, Pistone D, Trösse C, Blindheim S, Andersen L, Plarre H. Genotyping of Candidatus Syngnamydia salmonis (chlamydiales; Simkaniaceae) co-cultured in Paramoeba perurans (amoebozoa; Paramoebidae). Arch Microbiol. 2018;200:859-867 pubmed publisher..The complete rRNA genes, the amino acid sequences of SucA, PepF, Adk, HemL, DnaA, FtsK and FabI, are presented in addition to the morphology of the Chlamydia-like morphs in the cytoplasm of P. perurans. ..
- Rogne P, Rosselin M, Grundström C, Hedberg C, Sauer U, Wolf Watz M. Molecular mechanism of ATP versus GTP selectivity of adenylate kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:3012-3017 pubmed publisher..The importance of the hydrogen bond for substrate selectivity is likely general given the conservation of its location and orientation across the family of eukaryotic protein kinases. ..
- Li H, Bai X, Zhao A, Xiong Y, Xu Y. [Multilocus sequence typing analysis of enteropathogenic escherichia coli isolates in 8 provinces of China, 2006-2014]. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2015;49:339-43 pubmed..A high degree of phylogenetic heterogeneity was observed among the EPEC strains isolated in eight provinces of China. The EPEC strains with same STs of human isolates isolated from animal feces and foods were all aEPEC strains. ..
- Ahmed S, Besser T, Call D, Weissman S, Jones L, Davis M. Evaluation of two multi-locus sequence typing schemes for commensal Escherichia coli from dairy cattle in Washington State. J Microbiol Methods. 2016;124:57-61 pubmed publisher..coli. ..
- Jacques J, Legros R, Rivory J, Charissoux A, Sautereau D, Ponchon T, et al. The "tunnel?+?clip" strategy standardised and facilitates oesophageal ESD procedures: a prospective, consecutive bi-centric study. Surg Endosc. 2017;31:4838-4847 pubmed publisher..It is thus possible to standardise ESD of superficial oesophageal neoplasms and increase the velocity of dissection. Our procedure will encourage the use of oesophageal ESD in Western countries. ..
- Jin W, Xu W, Chen J, Zhang X, Shi L, Ren C. Adenosine kinase facilitated astrogliosis-induced cortical neuronal death in traumatic brain injury. J Mol Histol. 2016;47:259-71 pubmed publisherb>Adenosine kinase (ADK) plays a pivotal role in regulating brain function by regulating adenosine level, and ADK inhibition protects against neuronal damage in cerebral ischemia and epilepsy; however, the effects of ADK in traumatic brain ..
- Nayar U, Sadek J, Reichel J, Hernandez Hopkins D, Akar G, Barelli P, et al. Identification of a nucleoside analog active against adenosine kinase-expressing plasma cell malignancies. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2066-2080 pubmed publisher..We found different adenosine kinase-inactivating (ADK-inactivating) alterations in all resistant clones and determined that ADK is required to ..
- Ren G, Boison D. Engineering Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells to Release Adenosine Using miRNA Technology. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1622:225-239 pubmed publisherAdenosine is an important modulator of metabolic activity with powerful tissue and cell protective functions. Adenosine kinase (ADK), the major adenosine-regulating enzyme, is critical to adapt its intra- and extracellular levels in ..
- El Houmami N, Bakour S, Bzdrenga J, Rathored J, Seligmann H, Robert C, et al. Isolation and characterization of Kingella negevensis sp. nov., a novel Kingella species detected in a healthy paediatric population. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2017;67:2370-2376 pubmed publisher..A novel species named Kingella negevensis sp. nov. is proposed, as most strains have been isolated in the Negev, a desert region of southern Israel. The type strain is Sch538T (=CCUG 69806T=CSUR P957). ..
- Zhou X, Wang X, Yang Y, Luo J, Dong H, Liu Y, et al. Biomarkers related with seizure risk in glioma patients: A systematic review. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2016;151:113-119 pubmed publisher..low expression of excitatory amino acid transporter 2 (EAAT2), high xCT expression, overexpression of adenosine kinase (ADK) and low expression of very large G-protein-coupled receptor-1 (VLGR1) are primarily involved in ..
- Kamika I, Tekere M. Impacts of cerium oxide nanoparticles on bacterial community in activated sludge. AMB Express. 2017;7:63 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, the study indicates that nCeO2 NPs in wastewater at very high concentrations may have some adverse effects on activated sludge process as they inhibit the removal of phosphate. ..
- Yu Z, Zhang J, Hou M. Time-dependent disturbances of chloride salts on overall redox reaction and luminescence in Vibrio fischeri. Chemosphere. 2018;199:122-129 pubmed publisher..Together with earlier reported effects of NaCl, the chloride salts commonly disturbed the redox state and influenced the adaption of organisms to challenging environments. ..
- Shao Q. Enhanced conformational sampling technique provides an energy landscape view of large-scale protein conformational transitions. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2016;18:29170-29182 pubmed..Therefore, the NMA-ITS method is applicable for a variety of cases, providing both qualitative and quantitative insights into the conformational changes associated with the real functions of proteins. ..
- Kimura Y, Tanaka C, Oka M. Identification of Major Enzymes Involved in the Synthesis of Diadenosine Tetraphosphate and/or Adenosine Tetraphosphate in Myxococcus xanthus. Curr Microbiol. 2018;75:811-817 pubmed publisher..xanthus. ..
- Bentahir M, Ambroise J, Delcorps C, Pilo P, Gala J. Sensitive and Specific Recombinase Polymerase Amplification Assays for Fast Screening, Detection, and Identification of Bacillus anthracis in a Field Setting. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2018;84: pubmed publisher..anthracis Further work is now ongoing to confirm the first observations and validate the on-site use of these assays by first responders. ..
- Zhang Y, Qiu S. Phylogenomic analysis of the genus Ralstonia based on 686 single-copy genes. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2016;109:71-82 pubmed publisher..The multilocus sequence analysis of these six marker genes was able to reliably infer the phylogenetic relationships of the genus Ralstonia. ..
- Faur A, Sas I, Motoc A, Cornianu M, Zamfir C, LazÄƒr D, et al. Ki-67 and p53 immunostaining assessment of proliferative activity in salivary tumors. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2015;56:1429-39 pubmed..The evaluation of these proliferative markers seems to have a prognostic value for CEPA, ADK NOS and MEC types of salivary tumors. ..
- Cieślak M, Wojtczak A, Komoszyński M. Role of the purinergic signaling in epilepsy. Pharmacol Rep. 2017;69:130-138 pubmed publisher..in seizure inhibition has been confirmed by results demonstrating that in patients with epilepsy, the adenosine kinase (ADK) present in astrocytes is the only purine-metabolizing enzyme that exhibits increased expression...
- Eisner C, Kim S, Grill A, Qin Y, Hoerl M, Briggs J, et al. Profound hypothermia after adenosine kinase inhibition in A1AR-deficient mice suggests a receptor-independent effect of intracellular adenosine. Pflugers Arch. 2017;469:339-347 pubmed publisher..Since phosphorylation of adenosine by adenosine kinase (ADK) is causal in the maintenance of low intracellular adenosine, we have examined the effect of ADK ..
- Zeller F, Zacharias M. Substrate Binding Specifically Modulates Domain Arrangements in Adenylate Kinase. Biophys J. 2015;109:1978-85 pubmed publisher..This might constitute a mechanism by which the enzyme avoids the formation of a stable but enzymatically unproductive state. ..
- Bjorness T, Dale N, Mettlach G, Sonneborn A, Sahin B, Fienberg A, et al. An Adenosine-Mediated Glial-Neuronal Circuit for Homeostatic Sleep. J Neurosci. 2016;36:3709-21 pubmed publisher..Here we demonstrate that mice deficient for glial adenosine kinase (AdK), the primary metabolizing enzyme for adenosine (Ado), exhibit enhanced expression of this homeostatic ..
- Munoz M, Ríos Chaparro D, Patarroyo M, Ramírez J. Determining Clostridium difficile intra-taxa diversity by mining multilocus sequence typing databases. BMC Microbiol. 2017;17:62 pubmed publisher..The study also shows the plausible exchange of genetic material between STs, contributing towards intra-taxa genetic diversity. ..
- Spychala J, Datta N, Takabayashi K, Datta M, Fox I, Gribbin T, et al. Cloning of human adenosine kinase cDNA: sequence similarity to microbial ribokinases and fructokinases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:1232-7 pubmedb>Adenosine kinase catalyzes the phosphorylation of adenosine to AMP and hence is a potentially important regulator of extracellular adenosine concentrations...
- Buján N, Mohammed H, Balboa S, Romalde J, Toranzo A, Arias C, et al. Genetic studies to re-affiliate Edwardsiella tarda fish isolates to Edwardsiella piscicida and Edwardsiella anguillarum species. Syst Appl Microbiol. 2018;41:30-37 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the use of molecular techniques is necessary to accurately identify Edwardsiella isolates, especially when differentiating new species from E. tarda. ..
- Szkotak A, Ng A, Man S, Baldwin S, Cass C, Young J, et al. Coupling of CFTR-mediated anion secretion to nucleoside transporters and adenosine homeostasis in Calu-3 cells. J Membr Biol. 2003;192:169-79 pubmed..Inhibitors of adenosine kinase and 5'-nucleotidase increased and decreased, respectively, whole-cell currents, whereas inhibition of ..
- Joachims M, Marble P, Knott Craig C, Pastuszko P, Blackburn M, Thompson L. Inhibition of deoxynucleoside kinases in human thymocytes prevents dATP accumulation and induction of apoptosis. Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids. 2008;27:816-20 pubmed publisher..of dATP and induction of apoptosis to a large degree, inhibition of both deoxycytidine kinase and adenosine kinase completely abrogates the accumulation of dATP and significantly reduces the induction of apoptosis...
- Yang F, Li H. Expression of adenylate kinase fused MEK1R4F in Escherichia coli and its application in ERK phosphorylation. Biotechnol Lett. 2017;39:1553-1558 pubmed publisher..Adenylate kinase was used as a soluble tag to facilitate MEK1R4F protein expression and its application in large-scale phosphorylated ERK1/2 preparation and purification. ..
- Zhang T, Liu M, Wang Y, Wang Z, Wei X, Wei J. Two new species of Endocarpon (Verrucariaceae, Ascomycota) from China. Sci Rep. 2017;7:7193 pubmed publisher..unifoliatum sp. nov. Furthermore, our results indicated that the newly developed protein coding markers adenylate kinase (ADK) and ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme h (UCEH) are useful for assessing species boundaries in phylogenic analyses. ..
- Patrice T, Rozec B, Sidoroff A, Blanloeil Y, Despins P, Perrigaud C. Influence of Vitamins on Secondary Reactive Oxygen Species Production in Sera of Patients with Resectable NSCLC. Diseases. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..The role of Vitamins varies with gender, cancer type, and metastases. This suggests that an eventual supplementation should be performed on a per-patient basis to evidence any effect. ..
- Kimura H, Kushima I, Yohimi A, Aleksic B, Ozaki N. Copy number variant in the region of adenosine kinase (ADK) and its possible contribution to schizophrenia susceptibility. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2017;: pubmed publisherb>Adenosine kinase (ADK) is supposed to be a schizophrenia (SCZ) susceptibility gene based on the findings that ADK is an enzyme that catalyzes transfer of the gamma-phosphate from ATP to adenosine, which interacts with dopamine and ..
- Cvijetić I, Verbić T, Ernesto de Resende P, Stapleton P, Gibbons S, Juranic I, et al. Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of novel aryldiketo acids with enhanced antibacterial activity against multidrug resistant bacterial strains. Eur J Med Chem. 2018;143:1474-1488 pubmed publisher..These results and our statistically significant 3D QSAR model could be used to guide the further design of more potent derivatives as well as in virtual screening for novel antibacterial agents. ..
- Luan G, Gao Q, Guan Y, Zhai F, Zhou J, Liu C, et al. Upregulation of adenosine kinase in Rasmussen encephalitis. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2013;72:1000-8 pubmed publisher..with anticonvulsive and anti-inflammatory effects, and our previous work demonstrated that dysfunction of the adenosine kinase (ADK)-adenosine system and astrogliosis are the hallmarks of epilepsy...
- Diamond M, Ritter A, Jackson E, Conley Y, Kochanek P, Boison D, et al. Genetic variation in the adenosine regulatory cycle is associated with posttraumatic epilepsy development. Epilepsia. 2015;56:1198-206 pubmed publisher..if genetic variation in enzymes/transporters influencing extracellular adenosine homeostasis, including adenosine kinase (ADK), [ecto-5'-nucleotidase (NT5E), cluster of differentiation 73 (CD73)], and equilibrative nucleoside ..
- Köse M, Schiedel A, Bauer A, Poschenrieder H, Burbiel J, Akkinepally R, et al. Focused screening to identify new adenosine kinase inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:5127-5133 pubmed publisherb>Adenosine kinase (AdK) is a key player in controlling intra- and extracellular concentrations of the signaling molecule adenosine...
- Xu Y, Wang Y, Yan S, Zhou Y, Yang Q, Pan Y, et al. Intracellular adenosine regulates epigenetic programming in endothelial cells to promote angiogenesis. EMBO Mol Med. 2017;9:1263-1278 pubmed publisher..vascular homeostasis, but it remains unclear how expression or function of the adenosine-metabolizing enzyme adenosine kinase (ADK) and the intracellular adenosine levels influence angiogenesis...
- Andres C, Fox I. Purification and properties of human placental adenosine kinase. J Biol Chem. 1979;254:11388-93 pubmed
- Valenti D, Tullo A, Caratozzolo M, Merafina R, Scartezzini P, Marra E, et al. Impairment of F1F0-ATPase, adenine nucleotide translocator and adenylate kinase causes mitochondrial energy deficit in human skin fibroblasts with chromosome 21 trisomy. Biochem J. 2010;431:299-310 pubmed publisher..These results provide new insight into the molecular basis for mitochondrial dysfunction in DS and might provide a molecular explanation for some clinical features of the syndrome. ..
- Huang J, He Y, Chen M, Du J, Li G, Li S, et al. Adenosine deaminase and adenosine kinase expression in human glioma and their correlation with gliomaâ€‘associated epilepsy. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:6509-16 pubmed publisherThe aim of the present study was to investigate adenosine deaminase (ADA) and adenosine kinase (ADK) expression in human glioma and to explore its correlation with gliomaâ€‘associated epilepsy...
- Maguire P, Wynne K, Harney D, O Donoghue N, Stephens G, Fitzgerald D. Identification of the phosphotyrosine proteome from thrombin activated platelets. Proteomics. 2002;2:642-8 pubmed..This proteomics approach to understanding the signalling events following platelet activation may elucidate potential drug targets for the treatment of coronary thrombosis. ..
- Yu Z, Zhang J, Hou M. The time-dependent stimulation of sodium halide salts on redox reactants, energy supply and luminescence in Vibrio fischeri. J Hazard Mater. 2018;342:429-435 pubmed publisher..The luminescent stimulations were significantly higher than the biochemical ones despite of similar time-dependence and stimulation order among NaX. The overall results showed a common hormetic pattern in sodium halide salts. ..
- Oliveira E, Lima D, Cardozo L, Souza G, de Souza N, Alves Fernandes D, et al. Toxicogenomic and bioinformatics platforms to identify key molecular mechanisms of a curcumin-analogue DM-1 toxicity in melanoma cells. Pharmacol Res. 2017;125:178-187 pubmed publisher..These data reveal that the anticancer effect of curcumin analogues is likely to be mediated via multiple targets and identify several genes that represent candidates for combinatorial targeting in melanoma. ..
- Hu S, Chen J, Hao X, Li W, Guo L, Han S. Effect of two-center interference on molecular ionization in multiphoton ionization regime. Opt Express. 2017;25:23082-23092 pubmed publisher..u., the ionization yields decrease vs alignment angle in both tunneling and multiphoton regimes since the electron wavefunction of the 1?g orbit is more concentrated in the molecular axis than that of R=2 a.u...
- Moises J, Navarro A, Santasusagna S, Viñolas N, Molins L, Ramirez J, et al. NKX2-1 expression as a prognostic marker in early-stage non-small-cell lung cancer. BMC Pulm Med. 2017;17:197 pubmed publisher..005 and P=0.003 respectively). NKX2-1 expression impacts prognosis in early-stage NSCLC patients, particularly in those with neither TP53 nor KRAS mutations. ..
- Mathews I, Erion M, Ealick S. Structure of human adenosine kinase at 1.5 A resolution. Biochemistry. 1998;37:15607-20 pubmedb>Adenosine kinase (AK) is a key enzyme in the regulation of extracellular adenosine and intracellular adenylate levels...
- Van Rompay A, Johansson M, Karlsson A. Identification of a novel human adenylate kinase. cDNA cloning, expression analysis, chromosome localization and characterization of the recombinant protein. Eur J Biochem. 1999;261:509-17 pubmed..Based on the substrate specificity and the sequence similarity with the previously identified human adenylate kinases, we have named this novel enzyme adenylate kinase 5. ..
- Gass N, Ollila H, Utge S, Partonen T, Kronholm E, Pirkola S, et al. Contribution of adenosine related genes to the risk of depression with disturbed sleep. J Affect Disord. 2010;126:134-9 pubmed publisher..The shortage of overlapping genes between the genders indicates that the genetics of mood regulation may vary between the sexes. ..
- Fatemifar G, Hoggart C, Paternoster L, Kemp J, Prokopenko I, Horikoshi M, et al. Genome-wide association study of primary tooth eruption identifies pleiotropic loci associated with height and craniofacial distances. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:3807-17 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the genome-wide association approach is a powerful strategy for detecting variants involved in tooth eruption, and potentially craniofacial growth and more generally organ development. ..
- El Houmami N, Bzdrenga J, Pons J, Minodier P, Durand G, Oubraham A, et al. A modified multilocus sequence typing protocol to genotype Kingella kingae from oropharyngeal swabs without bacterial isolation. BMC Microbiol. 2017;17:200 pubmed publisher..kingae by MLST directly from oropharyngeal samples. This discriminatory tool, with which we identified the first K. kingae outbreak caused by ST-6 in Europe, may be used in further epidemiological investigations. ..
- Ali K, Jerreat M, Zahra D, Tredwin C. Correlations Between Final-Year Dental Students' Performance on Knowledge-Based and Clinical Examinations. J Dent Educ. 2017;81:1444-1450 pubmed publisher..Further research is required to establish if these findings can be generalized and to explore the correlations between performance of dental students before and after graduation...
- Wang Y, Makowski L. Fine Structure of Conformational Ensembles in Adenylate Kinase. Proteins. 2017;: pubmed publisher..A third intermediate sub-state appears to represent a metastable off-pathway structure that is nevertheless frequently visited during the passage from open to closed state. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...
- Hurley M, Lin B, Fox I. Regulation of deoxyadenosine and nucleoside analog phosphorylation by human placental adenosine kinase. J Biol Chem. 1985;260:15675-81 pubmed..We examined the role of adenosine kinase in catalyzing these reactions using an enzyme purified 4000-fold (2.1 mumol/min/mg) from human placenta...
- Giglioni S, Leoncini R, Aceto E, Chessa A, Civitelli S, Bernini A, et al. Adenosine kinase gene expression in human colorectal cancer. Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids. 2008;27:750-4 pubmed publisherReal-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR) was used to evaluate gene expression of adenosine kinase, a key enzyme in adenosine metabolism, in human intestinal biopsy specimens of 10 colorectal cancer patients...
- Palchykova S, Winsky Sommerer R, Shen H, Boison D, Gerling A, Tobler I. Manipulation of adenosine kinase affects sleep regulation in mice. J Neurosci. 2010;30:13157-65 pubmed publisher..b>Adenosine kinase (ADK) is the primary enzyme metabolizing adenosine in adult brain...
- Luan G, Wang X, Gao Q, Guan Y, Wang J, Deng J, et al. Upregulation of Neuronal Adenosine A1 Receptor in Human Rasmussen Encephalitis. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2017;76:720-731 pubmed publisher..Immunnohistochemistry was used to examine the expression of A1R and adenosine kinase (ADK) in cortical specimens from RE (n?=?12), and compared with control cortical tissue...