Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ADD1
Description: adducin 1
Alias: ADDA, alpha-adducin, adducin 1 (alpha), erythrocyte adducin alpha subunit
- Sunder Plassmann G, Kittler H, Eberle C, Hirschl M, Woisetschläger C, Derhaschnig U, et al. Angiotensin converting enzyme DD genotype is associated with hypertensive crisis. Crit Care Med. 2002;30:2236-41 pubmed..receptor 1 (AGTR1 1166A-->C), renin (REN 2646G-->A), renin-binding protein (RENBP 61T-->C), alpha-adducin (ADD1 1378G-->T), beta-2-adrenergic receptor (ADRB2 46A-->G, 79C-->G), and angiotensin I converting enzyme (ACE ..
- Beeks E, van der Klauw M, Kroon A, Spiering W, Fuss Lejeune M, de Leeuw P. Alpha-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism and renal hemodynamics in essential hypertension. Hypertension. 2004;44:419-23 pubmed..The present study shows that the Trp460Trp genotype is significantly associated with reduced renal plasma flow and glomerular filtration rate as compared with the wild-type variant. ..
- Naydenov N, Ivanov A. Adducins regulate remodeling of apical junctions in human epithelial cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:3506-17 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest novel roles for adducins in stabilization of epithelial junctions and regulation of junctional remodeling...
- Ferrandi M, Salardi S, Tripodi G, Barassi P, Rivera R, Manunta P, et al. Evidence for an interaction between adducin and Na(+)-K(+)-ATPase: relation to genetic hypertension. Am J Physiol. 1999;277:H1338-49 pubmed..Our findings strongly imply the existence of a direct and specific interaction between adducin and Na(+)-K(+)-ATPase in vitro and also suggest the possibility of such an interaction in intact renal membranes. ..
- Tamaki S, Nakamura Y, Tabara Y, Okamura T, Kita Y, Kadowaki T, et al. Combined analysis of polymorphisms in angiotensinogen and adducin genes and their effects on hypertension in a Japanese sample: The Shigaraki Study. Hypertens Res. 2005;28:645-50 pubmed..subjects not receiving antihypertensive medication, in a combined analysis of angiotensinogen (AGT) and adducin (ADD1) polymorphisms, double homozygosity of 235Thr or 460Trp was not found to be associated with hypertension...
- Staessen J, Wang J, Brand E, Barlassina C, Birkenhager W, Herrmann S, et al. Effects of three candidate genes on prevalence and incidence of hypertension in a Caucasian population. J Hypertens. 2001;19:1349-58 pubmed..8-40.1%. ..
- Lanzani C, Citterio L, Jankaricova M, Sciarrone M, Barlassina C, Fattori S, et al. Role of the adducin family genes in human essential hypertension. J Hypertens. 2005;23:543-9 pubmedIn both humans and rats, polymorphisms of the alpha adducin (ADD1) gene are involved in renal sodium handling, essential hypertension and some of its organ complications...
- Matsuoka Y, Li X, Bennett V. Adducin: structure, function and regulation. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2000;57:884-95 pubmed..Prominent physiological sites of regulation of adducin include dendritic spines of hippocampal neurons, platelets and growth cones of axons. ..
- Fava C, Montagnana M, Almgren P, Rosberg L, Guidi G, Berglund G, et al. Association between adducin-1 G460W variant and blood pressure in Swedes is dependent on interaction with body mass index and gender. Am J Hypertens. 2007;20:981-9 pubmed..001), diastolic BP (88.7 +/- 8.7 v 86.1 +/- 8.7 mm Hg; P < .001), and prevalence of hypertension (72.5% v 61.8 %; P = .001). Our data suggest that the G460W polymorphism influences BP when BMI and sex are taken into account. ..
- Zafarmand M, van der Schouw Y, Grobbee D, de Leeuw P, Bots M. Alpha-adducin Gly460Trp variant increases the risk of stroke in hypertensive Dutch women. Hypertension. 2008;51:1665-70 pubmed publisher..This risk is particularly elevated in the presence of systolic hypertension. ..
- Castejon A, Alfieri A, Hoffmann I, Rathinavelu A, Cubeddu L. Alpha-adducin polymorphism, salt sensitivity, nitric oxide excretion, and cardiovascular risk factors in normotensive Hispanics. Am J Hypertens. 2003;16:1018-24 pubmed..In SS, G/T was associated with greater salt-dependent modulation of NO excretion. However, this larger increase in NO excretion was not associated with a larger decrease in BP. ..
- Marcun Varda N, Zagradisnik B, Herodez S, Kokalj Vokac N, Gregoric A. Polymorphisms in four candidate genes in young patients with essential hypertension. Acta Paediatr. 2006;95:353-8 pubmed..We found no association between the investigated gene variants and EH, so we conclude that they do not confer a significantly increased risk of the development of EH in the Slovenian population of hypertensive children. ..
- Clark C, Davies E, Anderson N, Farmer R, Friel E, Fraser R, et al. alpha-adducin and angiotensin I-converting enzyme polymorphisms in essential hypertension. Hypertension. 2000;36:990-4 pubmed..Furthermore, the alpha-adducin G460W, ACE I/D, and aldosterone synthase SF-1 and IC polymorphisms do not appear to interact in our hypertensive population. ..
- Grant F, Romero J, Jeunemaitre X, Hunt S, Hopkins P, Hollenberg N, et al. Low-renin hypertension, altered sodium homeostasis, and an alpha-adducin polymorphism. Hypertension. 2002;39:191-6 pubmed..Homozygosity for this alpha-adducin allele may be an important determinant for approximately 10% of individuals with low-renin hypertension. ..
- Li Y. ?-Adducin Gly460Trp gene mutation and essential hypertension in a Chinese population: a meta-analysis including 10,960 subjects. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30214 pubmed publisher..04-1.23, P?=?0.003) and a recessive genetic model (OR: 1.43, 95% CI: 1.17-1.75, P?=?0.0006). In a Chinese population of mixed ethnicity, the ?-adducin G460W gene polymorphism was linked to EH susceptibility, most strongly in Han Chinese. ..
- Hou R, Liu Z, Xue M, Wang Y, Ye T, Sun C, et al. [Is Gly460Trp variant of alpha-adducin associated with essential hypertension in the Hans of Chinese population]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2000;17:413-6 pubmed..A G-->T substitution at nucleotide 614 in exon 10 of alpha-adducin gene is found, but there is lack of the association between the variant of alpha-adducin gene and essential hypertension in the Hans of Chinese population. ..
- Morrison A, Doris P, Folsom A, Nieto F, Boerwinkle E. G-protein beta3 subunit and alpha-adducin polymorphisms and risk of subclinical and clinical stroke. Stroke. 2001;32:822-9 pubmed..For this reason, we sought to examine the association between the alpha-adducin (ADD1) G/W460 and G-protein beta3 subunit (GNbeta3) 825C/T polymorphisms and subclinical and clinical stroke in the ..
- Narita I, Goto S, Saito N, Song J, Ajiro J, Sato F, et al. Interaction between ACE and ADD1 gene polymorphisms in the progression of IgA nephropathy in Japanese patients. Hypertension. 2003;42:304-9 pubmedAn interaction effect between the angiotensin-converting enzyme insertion/deletion (ACE I/D) and alpha-adducin (ADD1) Gly460Trp polymorphisms (G460W) on blood pressure regulation has recently been suggested, although its significance in ..
- Tamaru S, Fukuta T, Kaibuchi K, Matsuoka Y, Shiku H, Nishikawa M. Rho-kinase induces association of adducin with the cytoskeleton in platelet activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;332:347-51 pubmed..These results suggest that Rho-kinase regulates the association of alpha-adducin and spectrin with the actin cytoskeleton in platelet activation. ..
- Mische S, Mooseker M, Morrow J. Erythrocyte adducin: a calmodulin-regulated actin-bundling protein that stimulates spectrin-actin binding. J Cell Biol. 1987;105:2837-45 pubmed..These results thus identify a putative role for adducin, and define a calcium- and calmodulin-dependent mechanism whereby higher states of actin association and its interaction with spectrin in the erythrocyte may be controlled. ..
- Suonsyrja T, Hannila Handelberg T, Fodstad H, Donner K, Kontula K, Hiltunen T. Renin-angiotensin system and alpha-adducin gene polymorphisms and their relation to responses to antihypertensive drugs: results from the GENRES study. Am J Hypertens. 2009;22:169-75 pubmed publisherPolymorphisms in genes coding for components of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) and alpha-adducin (ADD1) have been reported to be associated with blood pressure (BP) responses to antihypertensive agents...
- Ramu P, Umamaheswaran G, Shewade D, Swaminathan R, Balachander J, Adithan C. Gly460Trp polymorphism of the ADD1 gene and essential hypertension in an Indian population: A meta-analysis on hypertension risk. Indian J Hum Genet. 2010;16:8-15 pubmed publisherEssential hypertension is a complex genetic trait. Genetic variant of alpha adducin (ADD1) gene have been implicated as a risk factor for hypertension...
- Ju Z, Zhang H, Sun K, Song Y, Lu H, Hui R, et al. Alpha-adducin gene polymorphism is associated with essential hypertension in Chinese: a case-control and family-based study. J Hypertens. 2003;21:1861-8 pubmed..This evidence indicates that the alpha-adducin gene may be a susceptible gene to essential hypertension. ..
- Wang J, Staessen J, Barlassina C, Fagard R, Kuznetsova T, Struijker Boudier H, et al. Association between hypertension and variation in the alpha- and beta-adducin genes in a white population. Kidney Int. 2002;62:2152-9 pubmed
- Hughes C, Bennett V. Adducin: a physical model with implications for function in assembly of spectrin-actin complexes. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:18990-6 pubmed..Thus, adducin tail domains alone are sufficient to interact with F-actin and a single spectrin and to recruit additional spectrin molecules to the ternary complex. ..
- Wang J, Staessen J, Tizzoni L, Brand E, Birkenhager W, Fagard R, et al. Renal function in relation to three candidate genes. Am J Kidney Dis. 2001;38:1158-68 pubmed
- Schelleman H, Stricker B, Verschuren W, de Boer A, Kroon A, de Leeuw P, et al. Interactions between five candidate genes and antihypertensive drug therapy on blood pressure. Pharmacogenomics J. 2006;6:22-6 pubmed..33 mmHg [95% CI: 0.14-8.54]). Thus, the mean SBP level among diuretic users may be modified by the GNB3 825C/T polymorphism. ..
- Matsuoka Y, Hughes C, Bennett V. Adducin regulation. Definition of the calmodulin-binding domain and sites of phosphorylation by protein kinases A and C. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:25157-66 pubmed..These findings suggest a complex reciprocal relationship between regulation of adducin function by calmodulin binding and phosphorylation by PKA and PKC. ..
- Lin B, Nasir J, McDonald H, Graham R, Rommens J, Goldberg Y, et al. Genomic organization of the human alpha-adducin gene and its alternately spliced isoforms. Genomics. 1995;25:93-9 pubmed..No TATA box was apparent, consistent with features of a housekeeping gene. We have mapped another cDNA within the first intron of the human alpha-adducin gene, suggesting overlapping genes in this 4p16.3 genomic region. ..
- Turner S, Chapman A, Schwartz G, Boerwinkle E. Effects of endothelial nitric oxide synthase, alpha-adducin, and other candidate gene polymorphisms on blood pressure response to hydrochlorothiazide. Am J Hypertens. 2003;16:834-9 pubmed..More extensive characterization of genetic variation is required for pharmacogenetic approaches to become clinically useful in tailoring antihypertensive drug therapy for individual patients. ..
- Li X, Bennett V. Identification of the spectrin subunit and domains required for formation of spectrin/adducin/actin complexes. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:15695-702 pubmed
- Yamagishi K, Iso H, Tanigawa T, Cui R, Kudo M, Shimamoto T. Alpha-adducin G460W polymorphism, urinary sodium excretion, and blood pressure in community-based samples. Am J Hypertens. 2004;17:385-90 pubmed..No genetic association was found among women or among men with lower urinary sodium excretion or lower sodium intake. The alpha-adducin WW genotype was associated with higher systolic BP among men with a higher sodium intake. ..
- Li Y, Zagato L, Kuznetsova T, Tripodi G, Zerbini G, Richart T, et al. Angiotensin-converting enzyme I/D and alpha-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphisms: from angiotensin-converting enzyme activity to cardiovascular outcome. Hypertension. 2007;49:1291-7 pubmedThe angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) I/D and the alpha-adducin (ADD1) Gly460Trp polymorphisms are associated with cardiovascular risk factors...
- van de Water B, Tijdens I, Verbrugge A, Huigsloot M, Dihal A, Stevens J, et al. Cleavage of the actin-capping protein alpha -adducin at Asp-Asp-Ser-Asp633-Ala by caspase-3 is preceded by its phosphorylation on serine 726 in cisplatin-induced apoptosis of renal epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:25805-13 pubmed
- Sun C, Wang J, Islam F, Heckbert S, Klein R, Siscovick D, et al. Hypertension genes and retinal vascular calibre: the Cardiovascular Health Study. J Hum Hypertens. 2009;23:578-84 pubmed publisher..the associations of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in three candidate hypertension genes, alpha-adducin (ADD1/G460W), beta2-adrenergic receptor (ADRB2/Arg16Gly and Gln27Glu) and G-protein beta3 subunit (GNB3/C825T), with ..
- Mead P, Harvey J, Rutherford P, Leitch H, Thomas T. Sodium-lithium countertransport and the Gly460-->Trp alpha-adducin polymorphism in essential hypertension. Clin Sci (Lond). 2005;108:231-6 pubmed..The Trp allele was not associated with disease in the population studied. Several cytoskeletal proteins may interact with adducin in the overall phenotype of EH. ..
- Gong P, Shen G, Peng H, Luo Y, Shen Y, Zhao X. [Association of the polymorphisms of sodium transport related genes with essential hypertension]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2009;26:91-4 pubmed publisherTo investigate the association of the polymorphisms of rs4961 in alpha-adducin (ADD1) and rs28933400 in Na+/K+ -ATPase a2 (ATP1A2) genes, the products of which are important for sodium transport, with essential hypertension...
- Li Y, Thijs L, Kuznetsova T, Zagato L, Struijker Boudier H, Bianchi G, et al. Cardiovascular risk in relation to alpha-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism and systolic pressure: a prospective population study. Hypertension. 2005;46:527-32 pubmed..9% and 44.3%, respectively. In conclusion, the alpha-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism, in combination with systolic blood pressure, is a strong predictor of cardiovascular mortality and morbidity. ..
- Manunta P, Lavery G, Lanzani C, Braund P, Simonini M, Bodycote C, et al. Physiological interaction between alpha-adducin and WNK1-NEDD4L pathways on sodium-related blood pressure regulation. Hypertension. 2008;52:366-72 pubmed publisher..In previous studies, variants in the genes for alpha-adducin (ADD1), WNK1, and NEDD4L, which all regulate renal sodium absorption, have been associated with increased BP...
- Ferrandi M, Cusi D, Molinari I, Del Vecchio L, Barlassina C, Rastaldi M, et al. alpha- and beta-Adducin polymorphisms affect podocyte proteins and proteinuria in rodents and decline of renal function in human IgA nephropathy. J Mol Med (Berl). 2010;88:203-17 pubmed publisher..These alterations were markedly attenuated when the polymorphic MHS alpha-adducin locus was also present (Add1, 316Y)...
- Liu K, Liu Y, Liu J, Wang Z, Lou Y, Huang Y, et al. ?-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism and essential hypertension risk in Chinese: a meta-analysis. Hypertens Res. 2011;34:389-99 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings supported the hypothesis that the ADD1 Gly460Trp polymorphism is associated with EH in the Chinese population...
- Gardner K, Bennett V. Modulation of spectrin-actin assembly by erythrocyte adducin. Nature. 1987;328:359-62 pubmed..Adducin may be involved in the action of Ca2+ on erythrocyte membrane skeleton and in the assembly of spectrin-actin complexes. ..
- Sciarrone M, Stella P, Barlassina C, Manunta P, Lanzani C, Bianchi G, et al. ACE and alpha-adducin polymorphism as markers of individual response to diuretic therapy. Hypertension. 2003;41:398-403 pubmed
- Morrison A, Bray M, Folsom A, Boerwinkle E. ADD1 460W allele associated with cardiovascular disease in hypertensive individuals. Hypertension. 2002;39:1053-7 pubmed..For this reason, we examined the association between the alpha-adducin (ADD1) G460W and G-protein beta3 subunit (GNB3) 825C>T polymorphisms and the prevalence of peripheral arterial disease ..
- van Rijn M, Bos M, Yazdanpanah M, Isaacs A, Arias Vasquez A, Koudstaal P, et al. Alpha-adducin polymorphism, atherosclerosis, and cardiovascular and cerebrovascular risk. Stroke. 2006;37:2930-4 pubmedCarriers of the 460Trp allele of the alpha-adducin gene (ADD1) show higher rates of sodium reabsorption compared with homozygous carriers of the Gly460 allele and were found to have an increased risk of hypertension and cardiovascular ..
- Cusi D, Barlassina C, Azzani T, Casari G, Citterio L, Devoto M, et al. Polymorphisms of alpha-adducin and salt sensitivity in patients with essential hypertension. Lancet. 1997;349:1353-7 pubmed..We suggest the alpha-adducin polymorphism may identify hypertensive patients who will benefit from diuretic treatment or manoeuvres to reduce total body sodium. ..
- Tiago A, Nkeh B, Candy G, Badenhorst D, Defterios D, Brooksbank R, et al. Association study of eight candidate genes with renin status in mild-to-moderate hypertension in patients of African ancestry. Cardiovasc J S Afr. 2001;12:75-80 pubmed..However, a potential small role for some loci may exist, and epistasis or genotype-phenotype interactions as well as alternative inheritance models and variants still need to be evaluated. ..
- Matsuoka Y, Li X, Bennett V. Adducin is an in vivo substrate for protein kinase C: phosphorylation in the MARCKS-related domain inhibits activity in promoting spectrin-actin complexes and occurs in many cells, including dendritic spines of neurons. J Cell Biol. 1998;142:485-97 pubmed..by stably transfecting MDCK cells with either wild-type or PKC-unphosphorylatable S716A/S726A mutant alpha adducin. The mutant alpha adducin was no longer concentrated at the cell membrane at sites of cell-cell contact, and ..
- Kuhlman P, Hughes C, Bennett V, Fowler V. A new function for adducin. Calcium/calmodulin-regulated capping of the barbed ends of actin filaments. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:7986-91 pubmed..Our experiments also suggest novel possibilities for calcium regulation of actin filament assembly by adducin in erythrocytes and at cell-cell contact sites in nonerythroid cells. ..
- Sugimoto K, Hozawa A, Katsuya T, Matsubara M, Ohkubo T, Tsuji I, et al. alpha-Adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism is associated with low renin hypertension in younger subjects in the Ohasama study. J Hypertens. 2002;20:1779-84 pubmed..04, P<0.05; odds ratio, 2.12; 95% confidence interval, 1.02-4.68). These findings suggest the possibility that the Gly460Trp polymorphism of ADD-1 is associated with low renin hypertension. ..
- Yazdanpanah M, Sayed Tabatabaei F, Hofman A, Aulchenko Y, Oostra B, Stricker B, et al. The alpha-adducin gene is associated with macrovascular complications and mortality in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes. 2006;55:2922-7 pubmedWe examined the association between alpha-adducin 1 (ADD1) gene polymorphism (Gly460Trp) with macrovascular complications and mortality in type 2 diabetes in a Caucasian population aged >or=55 years...
- Kelly T, Rice T, Gu D, Hixson J, Chen J, Liu D, et al. Novel genetic variants in the alpha-adducin and guanine nucleotide binding protein beta-polypeptide 3 genes and salt sensitivity of blood pressure. Am J Hypertens. 2009;22:985-92 pubmed publisherWe examined the association between 12 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the alpha-adducin (ADD1) and guanine nucleotide binding protein (G protein) beta-polypeptide 3 (GNB3) genes and systolic (SBP), diastolic (DBP), and mean ..
- Glorioso N, Filigheddu F, Cusi D, Troffa C, Conti M, Natalizio M, et al. alpha-Adducin 460Trp allele is associated with erythrocyte Na transport rate in North Sardinian primary hypertensives. Hypertension. 2002;39:357-62 pubmed..These results may also have clinical relevance because the Gly460Trp alpha-adducin polymorphism may explain, at least in part, the variability of blood pressure response to diuretics in primary hypertensive patients. ..
- Niu W, Zhang Y, Ji K, Gao P, Zhu D. Lack of association between alpha-adducin G460W polymorphism and hypertension: evidence from a case-control study and a meta-analysis. J Hum Hypertens. 2010;24:467-74 pubmed publisher..05 was in favour of our findings. Our case-control study and the following meta-analysis failed to provide evidence for the genetic association of alpha-adducin gene G460W polymorphism with hypertension. ..
- Kamitani A, Wong Z, Fraser R, Davies D, Connor J, Foy C, et al. Human alpha-adducin gene, blood pressure, and sodium metabolism. Hypertension. 1998;32:138-43 pubmed..These findings suggest that in our Scottish population, the alpha-adducin 460Trp polymorphism is not related to blood pressure and does not affect whole body or cellular sodium metabolism. ..
- Winnicki M, Somers V, Accurso V, Hoffmann M, Pawlowski R, Frigo G, et al. alpha-Adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism, left ventricular mass and plasma renin activity. J Hypertens. 2002;20:1771-7 pubmed..These data suggest that genetic considerations may contribute importantly to risk stratification, and perhaps therapeutic interventions targeted at LVH and the renin-angiotensin system in hypertensive patients. ..
- Shin M, Chung E, Kim H, Park K, Nam H, Kweon S, et al. Alpha-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism and essential hypertension in Korea. J Korean Med Sci. 2004;19:812-4 pubmed..00, 95% CI 0.65-1.53, Gly/Trp vs. Gly/Gly; OR 1.22, 95% CI 0.79-1.90, Trp/Trp vs. Gly/Gly). These findings suggest that the Gly460Trp polymorphism of ADD-1 is not associated with hypertension. ..
- Nakamura Y, Tabara Y, Miki T, Tamaki S, Kita Y, Okamura T, et al. Both angiotensinogen M235T and alpha-adducin G460W polymorphisms are associated with hypertension in the Japanese population. J Hum Hypertens. 2007;21:253-5 pubmed
- Conway B, Martin R, McKnight A, Savage D, Brady H, Maxwell A. Role of alpha-adducin DNA polymorphisms in the genetic predisposition to diabetic nephropathy. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2004;19:2019-24 pubmed..Furthermore, the Gly460Trp variant was not associated with hypertension in this population. ..
- Torielli L, Tivodar S, Montella R, Iacone R, Padoani G, Tarsini P, et al. alpha-Adducin mutations increase Na/K pump activity in renal cells by affecting constitutive endocytosis: implications for tubular Na reabsorption. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008;295:F478-87 pubmed publisher..The constitutive reduction of the Na/K pump endocytic rate induced by mutated adducin variants may be relevant in Na-dependent hypertension. ..
- Wang R, Zhong B, Liu Y, Wang C. Association between alpha-adducin gene polymorphism (Gly460Trp) and genetic predisposition to salt sensitivity: a meta-analysis. J Appl Genet. 2010;51:87-94 pubmed..More studies based on a larger population are required to evaluate further the role of alpha-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism in salt-sensitive hypertension. ..
- Chen S, Wang H, Lu X, Liu D, Chen J, Jaquish C, et al. Polymorphisms in the GNB3 and ADD1 genes and blood pressure in a Chinese population. Hum Genet. 2010;128:137-43 pubmed publisher..polymorphisms (SNPs) in the guanine nucleotide binding protein beta polypeptide 3 (GNB3) and adducin 1 alpha (ADD1) genes and systolic (SBP), diastolic (DBP), and mean arterial (MAP) BP...
- Nicod J, Frey B, Frey F, Ferrari P. Role of the alpha-adducin genotype on renal disease progression. Kidney Int. 2002;61:1270-5 pubmed..Thus, the ADD genotype may play a role for the understanding of interindividual differences in the course of renal diseases. ..
- Niu W, Qi Y. Association of ?-adducin and G-protein ?3 genetic polymorphisms with hypertension: a meta-analysis of Chinese populations. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17052 pubmed publisher..Our overall results suggest null association of ?-adducin G460T and GNB3 C825T polymorphisms with hypertension in Chinese but indicate local marginal significance of C825T, as a putative salt-sensitive switch, in southern Chinese. ..
- Merta M, Reiterova J, Stekrova J, Rysava R, Rihova Z, Tesar V, et al. Influence of the alpha-adducin and ACE gene polymorphism on the progression of autosomal-dominant polycystic kidney disease. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2003;26:42-9 pubmed..The ACE and alpha-adducin polymorphisms do not play a significant role in the progression of ADPKD to ESRF. ..
- Chu H, Weeks S, Gilligan D, Rockey D. Host alpha-adducin is redistributed and localized to the inclusion membrane in chlamydia- and chlamydophila-infected cells. Microbiology. 2008;154:3848-55 pubmed publisher..The demonstration of alpha-adducin and Raf-1 redistribution within cells infected by different chlamydiae provides novel opportunities for analysis of host-pathogen interactions in this system...
- Shioji K, Kokubo Y, Mannami T, Inamoto N, Morisaki H, Mino Y, et al. Association between hypertension and the alpha-adducin, beta1-adrenoreceptor, and G-protein beta3 subunit genes in the Japanese population; the Suita study. Hypertens Res. 2004;27:31-7 pubmed..study focused on 3 genetic polymorphisms that have previously been implicated in hypertension: the alpha-adducin (ADD1/Gly460Trp), beta1-adrenoreceptor (ADRB1/Arg389Gly), and G-protein beta3 subunit (GNB3/C825T) gene polymorphisms...
- Beeks E, Janssen R, Kroon A, Keulen E, Geurts J, de Leeuw P, et al. Association between the alpha-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism and systolic blood pressure in familial combined hyperlipidemia. Am J Hypertens. 2001;14:1185-90 pubmed..contributing to systolic blood pressure (SBP) has been identified on chromosome 4, containing the a-adducin gene (ADD1)...
- Abdi K, Bennett V. Adducin promotes micrometer-scale organization of beta2-spectrin in lateral membranes of bronchial epithelial cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:536-45 pubmed..We conclude that adducin acting through spectrin provides a novel mechanism to regulate global properties of the lateral membrane of bronchial epithelial cells. ..
- Cha S, Kim H, Jang Y, Park S, Kim J, Song M, et al. Association of alpha-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism with coronary artery disease in a Korean population. J Hypertens. 2007;25:2413-20 pubmed..A significant association with coronary artery disease was observed in a polymorphism of the ADD1 gene (Gly460Trp; +29017G/T) (odds ratio 0.71-0.81; P = 0.01-0.04)...