Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ADAMTS14
Description: ADAM metallopeptidase with thrombospondin type 1 motif 14
Alias: A disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 14, a disintegrin-like and metalloprotease (reprolysin type) with thrombospondin type 1 motif, 14
- Sheu M, Hsieh M, Chou Y, Wang P, Yeh C, Yang S, et al. Effects of ADAMTS14 genetic polymorphism and cigarette smoking on the clinicopathologic development of hepatocellular carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0172506 pubmed publisherb>ADAMTS14 is a member of the ADAMTS (a disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs), which are proteolytic enzymes with a variety of further ancillary domain in the C-terminal region for substrate specificity and enzyme ..
- Rodriguez Lopez J, Pombo Suarez M, Loughlin J, Tsezou A, Blanco F, Meulenbelt I, et al. Association of a nsSNP in ADAMTS14 to some osteoarthritis phenotypes. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2009;17:321-7 pubmed publisher..Four putative damaging nsSNP were found in ADAMTS2, ADAMTS14, ADAMTS16 and ADAM12, respectively...
- Lee C, Hwang I, Park C, Lee H, Park D, Kang S, et al. Expression of ADAMTS-2, -3, -13, and -14 in culprit coronary lesions in patients with acute myocardial infarction or stable angina. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2012;33:362-70 pubmed publisher..In conclusions, ADAMTS-2, -3, and -13 expression, but not that of ADAMTS-14, are increased in plaques causing AMI compared those associated with stable angina. These results support a role for these enzymes in the pathogenesis of AMI. ..
- Su S, Hsieh M, Liu Y, Chou Y, Lin C, Yang S. ADAMTS14 Gene Polymorphism and Environmental Risk in the Development of Oral Cancer. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0159585 pubmed publisherOral cancer is a common malignancy that is shown to be causally associated with hereditary and acquired factors. ADAMTS14 is a member of the ADAMTS (a disintegrin-like and metalloproteinase domain with thrombospondin motifs) ..
- Cal S, Obaya A, Llamazares M, Garabaya C, Quesada V, Lopez Otin C. Cloning, expression analysis, and structural characterization of seven novel human ADAMTSs, a family of metalloproteinases with disintegrin and thrombospondin-1 domains. Gene. 2002;283:49-62 pubmed..Expression analysis revealed that these ADAMTS genes are mainly expressed in fetal tissues, especially in lung (ADAMTS14, ADAMTS16, ADAMTS17, ADAMTS18, and ADAMTS19), kidney (ADAMTS14, ADAMTS15, and ADAMTS16), and liver (ADAMTS13, ..
- Jiang Y, Zhang H. Propensity score-based nonparametric test revealing genetic variants underlying bipolar disorder. Genet Epidemiol. 2011;35:125-32 pubmed publisher..Our finding underscores the importance of accommodating and controlling for covariate effects in discovering genetic variants associated with complex disorders. ..
- Bolz H, Ramirez A, von Brederlow B, Kubisch C. Characterization of ADAMTS14, a novel member of the ADAMTS metalloproteinase family. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1522:221-5 pubmed..We cloned and characterized a novel human ADAMTS gene, ADAMTS14, which is located on human chromosome 10q2...
- Colige A, Vandenberghe I, Thiry M, Lambert C, Van Beeumen J, Li S, et al. Cloning and characterization of ADAMTS-14, a novel ADAMTS displaying high homology with ADAMTS-2 and ADAMTS-3. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5756-66 pubmed..The potential function of ADAMTS-14 as a physiological aminoprocollagen peptidase in vivo is discussed. ..
- Bekhouche M, Colige A. The procollagen N-proteinases ADAMTS2, 3 and 14 in pathophysiology. Matrix Biol. 2015;44-46:46-53 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the current knowledge concerning this subfamily of ADAMTS enzymes and discusses their potential involvement in physiopathological processes that are not directly linked to fibrillar procollagen processing. ..
- Goertsches R, Comabella M, Navarro A, Perkal H, Montalban X. Genetic association between polymorphisms in the ADAMTS14 gene and multiple sclerosis. J Neuroimmunol. 2005;164:140-7 pubmedb>ADAMTS14 is a novel member of the ADAMTS (a disintegrin-like and metalloproteinase domain with thrombospondin type 1 modules) metalloproteinase family which processes extracellular matrix proteins...
- Poonpet T, Honsawek S, Tammachote N, Kanitnate S, Tammachote R. ADAMTS14 gene polymorphism associated with knee osteoarthritis in Thai women. Genet Mol Res. 2013;12:5301-9 pubmed publisher..We assessed the association between genetic variation in the ADAMTS14 region and knee osteoarthritis susceptibility in the Thai population...