Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ADAMTS10
Description: ADAM metallopeptidase with thrombospondin type 1 motif, 10
Alias: ADAM-TS10, ADAMTS-10, WMS, WMS1, A disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 10, ADAM-TS 10, a disintegrin-like and metalloprotease (reprolysin type) with thrombospondin type 1 motif, 10, zinc metalloendopeptidase
Publications140 found, 100 shown here
- ADAMTS10 protein interacts with fibrillin-1 and promotes its deposition in extracellular matrix of cultured fibroblastsWendy E Kutz
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 286:17156-67. 2011..dominant forms of Weill-Marchesani syndrome, an inherited connective tissue disorder, are caused by mutations in ADAMTS10 (encoding a secreted metalloprotease) and FBN1 (encoding fibrillin-1, which forms tissue microfibrils), ..
- A disintegrin-like and metalloprotease (reprolysin type) with thrombospondin type 1 motifs: the ADAMTS familySuneel S Apte
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation ND20, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 36:981-5. 2004..Their enzymatic specificity is heavily influenced by their ancillary domain, which plays a critical role in directing these enzymes to their substrates, the cell surface and the extracellular matrix...
- Verbal and visual memory improve after choline supplementation in long-term total parenteral nutrition: a pilot studyA L Buchman
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 25:30-5. 2001..We sought to determine if choline-supplemented TPN would lead to improvement in neuropsychological test scores in a group of adult, choline-deficient outpatients receiving TPN...
- Tests of memory in narcolepticsA E Rogers
University of Michigan, School of Nursing, Ann Arbor 48109-2007
Sleep 13:42-52. 1990..about memory difficulties, 30 narcoleptic subjects and 30 control subjects completed the Wechsler Memory Scale (WMS), Rey-Auditory Verbal Learning Test, the Rey Complex Figure Test, Strub and Black's List of Letters, and the Symbol ..
- [The relationship between P300 latencies, and WISC-R and Wechsler memory scale results in epileptic children]Y Naganuma
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University
No To Hattatsu 25:515-20. 1993..latencies showed an inverse correlation with the total score (IQ) of WISC-R and that of the Wechsler memory scale (WMS)...
- [Correlation between white matter lesion and memory impairment in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome]Xiang qian Zhang
Department of Neurology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 29:825-9. 2009..To investigate the nature of white matter lesion and correlation to memory impairment in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) by diffusion tensor imaging ( DTI)...
- Neuropsychological performance in schizotypal personality disorder: importance of working memoryVivian Mitropoulou
Clinical Research Center, Box 1027, Mt Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:1896-903. 2005....
- The neprilysin (NEP) family of zinc metalloendopeptidases: genomics and functionA J Turner
School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Bioessays 23:261-9. 2001Neprilysin (NEP), a thermolysin-like zinc metalloendopeptidase, plays an important role in turning off peptide signalling events at the cell surface...
- Community-based study of the association of high myopia in children with ocular and systemic diseaseN S Logan
Human Myopia Research Centre, School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Optom Vis Sci 81:11-3. 2004..An ongoing study in the West Midlands, UK, is investigating high myopia presenting to community health care clinics with the aim of compiling guidelines for assessment and subsequent referral...
- Assessment of systolic and diastolic left ventricular and left atrial function using vector velocity imaging in Takotsubo cardiomyopathyManjula V Burri
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35249, USA
Echocardiography 25:1138-44. 2008..VVI) on admission and at follow-up, when their LV function had improved, as assessed by 2D TTE wall-motion score (WMS) index...
- Phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate-induced ectodomain shedding and phosphorylation of the human meprinbeta metalloproteaseDagmar Hahn
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Department of Pediatrics, Berne University, 3012 Berne, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 278:42829-39. 2003..This phosphorylation of hmeprinbeta is not, however, implicated in the enhanced secretion by PMA treatment...
- Neutral endopeptidase knockout induces hyperalgesia in a model of visceral pain, an effect related to bradykinin and nitric oxideHanspeter S Fischer
Division of Neurochemistry, Department of Psychiatry, Innsbruck, Austria
J Mol Neurosci 18:129-34. 2002..Nitric oxide (NO) is suggested to be involved in this process...
- Immunocapture-based fluorometric assay for the measurement of neprilysin-specific enzyme activity in brain tissue homogenates and cerebrospinal fluidJames Scott Miners
Dementia Research Group, Institute of Clinical Neurosciences, Clinical Science at North Bristol, University of Bristol, Frenchay Hospital, Frenchay, Bristol BS16 1LE, UK
J Neurosci Methods 167:229-36. 2008..The assay allows high-throughput analysis and, critically, also ensures a high level of enzyme specificity even when assaying crude tissue homogenates or CSF...
- Common acute lymphoblastic leukemia antigen (CALLA) is active neutral endopeptidase 24.11 ("enkephalinase"): direct evidence by cDNA transfection analysisM A Shipp
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Medicine, Boston, MA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:297-301. 1989..11 ("enkephalinase;" EC 126.96.36.199). This zinc metalloendopeptidase, which has been shown to inactivate a variety of peptide hormones including enkephalin, chemotactic ..
- Sulphation of the salivary mucin MG1 (MUC-5B) is not correlated to the degree of its sialylation and is unaffected by cystic fibrosisD K Shori
Department of Oral Pathology, Rayne Institute, King s College, 123 Coldharbour Lane, London SE5 9NU, UK
Pflugers Arch 443:S50-4. 2001..Proteins in whole mouth saliva (WMS) from four individuals were separated by fast protein liquid chromatography (FPLC) on a Superdex 200 column and the ..
- The association between a genetic polymorphism of coproporphyrinogen oxidase, dental mercury exposure and neurobehavioral response in humansDiana Echeverria
Battelle Centers for Public Health Research and Evaluation, 1100 Dexter Avenue North, Suite 400, Seattle, WA 98109, United States
Neurotoxicol Teratol 28:39-48. 2006..05) were found for nine measures among DDs (BEES Digit SpanForward and Backward, WMS-R Visual ReproductionN Correct, BEES Symbol DigitRate, BEES Finger TappingDom/Non-dom, and Alternate Partialed, ..
- Molecular characterization of a family of metalloendopeptidases from the intestinal brush border of Haemonchus contortusG F J Newlands
Moredun Research Institute, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, Penicuik, Midlothian EH26 OPZ, Scotland
Parasitology 133:357-68. 2006..These enzymes belong to the M13 zinc metalloendopeptidase family (EC 188.8.131.52), also known as neutral endopeptidases or neprilysins...
- Effect of two yoga-based relaxation techniques on memory scores and state anxietyPailoor Subramanya
Indian Council of Medical Research Center for Advanced Research in Yoga and Neurophysiology, SVYASA, Bangalore, India
Biopsychosoc Med 3:8. 2009..Sections of the Wechsler memory scale (WMS) were used to assess; (i) attention and concentration (digit span forward and backward), and (ii) associate ..
- Craniofacial vascular malformations in Wyburn-Mason syndromeChao Bao Luo
Department of Radiology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, R O C
J Chin Med Assoc 69:575-80. 2006Wyburn-Mason syndrome (WMS) is a rare syndrome associated with multiple arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) involving the orbit, brain and/or face...
- Rapid improvement in verbal fluency and aphasia following perispinal etanercept in Alzheimer's diseaseEdward L Tobinick
Institute for Neurological Research, a private medical group, Inc, Los Angeles, USA
BMC Neurol 8:27. 2008....
- Proteomic analyses using Grifola frondosa metalloendoprotease Lys-NLaura Hohmann
Institute for Systems Biology, 1441 North 34th Street, Seattle, Washington 98103, University of Wisconsin, 1101 University Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Proteome Res 8:1415-22. 2009..We have benchmarked a relatively obscure basidomycete-derived zinc metalloendopeptidase, Lys-N, that selectively cleaves the amide bond N-terminal of lysine residues...
- Regulation of type II luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH-II) gene expression by the processed peptide of LHRH-I, LHRH-(1-5) in endometrial cellsEmily L Baldwin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 232:146-55. 2007..LHRH-I is processed by a zinc metalloendopeptidase EC 184.108.40.206 (EP24.15) that cleaves the hormone at the Tyr(5)-Gly(6) bond...
- Neprilysin and amyloid beta peptide degradationLouis B Hersh
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry and the Center for Structural Biology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Curr Alzheimer Res 5:225-31. 2008Neprilysin is a zinc metalloendopeptidase with relatively broad substrate specificity. The enzyme is localized to the plasma membrane of cells where it can function to degrade extracellular peptides...
- Can the Wada test evaluate mesial temporal function? A SPECT studyX Setoain
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Spain
Neurology 62:2241-6. 2004....
- Declarative memory is critical for sustained advantageous complex decision-makingRupa Gupta
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa, United States
Neuropsychologia 47:1686-93. 2009..sought to resolve these discrepant findings by examining IGT performances in five patients with profound amnesia (WMS-III General Memory Index M=63) and bilateral hippocampal damage caused by anoxia (n=4) or herpes simplex ..
- A neurochemical study of a new mutant mouse presenting myoclonus-like involuntary movement: a possible model of spontaneous serotonergic hyperactivityM Ikeda
Division of Mental Disorder Research, National Institute of Neuroscience, Tokyo, Japan
Brain Res 495:337-48. 1989..twitch, hind leg abduction and so on, are neurochemically evaluated in the new mutant mouse, Wriggle Mouse Sagami (WMS)...
- Uncontrolled glaucoma secondary to an arteriovenous malformation in a Weill-Marchesani patientC J Derose
Eye Care Associates of Nevada, Las Vegas, USA
Optometry 72:641-8. 2001..It is very uncommon to observe ocular complications from an AVM in the area of the straight sinus and vein of Galen. AVMs in any location are unusual with Weill-Marchesani syndrome...
- Facilitation of lordosis in rats by a metabolite of luteinizing hormone releasing hormoneT J Wu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Endocrinology 147:2544-9. 2006..The decapeptide, LHRH, is processed by a zinc metalloendopeptidase EC 220.127.116.11 (EP24.15) that cleaves the hormone at the Tyr(5)-Gly(6) bond...
- Estrogen regulation of the neprilysin gene through a hormone-responsive elementZhi Min Xiao
State Key Laboratory of Virology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei 430072, China
J Mol Neurosci 39:22-6. 2009Our previous data showed that neprilysin (NEP), a zinc metalloendopeptidase, which can degrade amyloid-beta peptide (Abeta) whose central nerve system accumulation is the primary cause of Alzheimer's disease (AD), responds to estrogen in ..
- Cognitive function and fMRI in patients with multiple sclerosis: evidence for compensatory cortical activation during an attention taskW Staffen
Christian Doppler Klinik, Department of Neurology, Salzburg, Austria
Brain 125:1275-82. 2002..relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, a psychometric assessment was performed using the Wechsler Memory Scale (WMS) and the Multiple Sclerosis Functional Composite Score (MSFC)...
- Shifting attention and joint attention dissociation in Williams syndrome: implications for the cerebellum and social deficits in autismAlan Lincoln
Alliant International University, California School of Professional Psychology San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
Neurocase 8:226-32. 2002..Three individuals with Williams Syndrome (WMS), a genetic disorder due to the deletion of the elastin gene, were examined under these experimental conditions...
- Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor and its potential interactions with elastase and cathepsin B in gingival crevicular fluid and saliva from patients with chronic periodontitisS W Cox
Department of Periodontology, King s College London Dental Institute at Guy s, King s College and St Thomas Hospitals, London, UK
J Periodontal Res 41:477-85. 2006..Our study investigated the regulation of elastase activity by secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) and the possible action of another GCF protease on this protective salivary component...
- Design, implementation, and assessment of a radiology workflow management systemMark J Halsted
Department of Radiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital, 3333 Burnet Ave, M L 5031, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 191:321-7. 2008The objective of this article is to describe the development, launch, and outcomes studies of a paperless workflow management system (WMS) that improves radiology workflow in a filmless and speech-recognition environment.
- Cognitive functioning in community dwelling older adults with chronic partial epilepsyRoy C Martin
Department of Neurology, UAB Epilepsy Center Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0021, USA
Epilepsia 46:298-303. 2005..To examine cognitive functioning in community-dwelling older adults with chronic partial epilepsy and demographically matched healthy older adults...
- [Influence of the selection of maternal Hymenolepis diminuta WMS il1 on the variability of descended tapeworms]Marek Stradowski
Zakład Biologii Ogólnej i Parazytologii, Akademia Medyczna, ul Chałubińskiego 5, 02 004 Warszawa
Wiad Parazytol 48:79-85. 2002A continuation of a single-individual culture of Hymenolepis diminuta WMS ill from generations 37 to 66 revealed a very high infective ability of cysticercoids which is reflected in the percentage of tapeworms detected in relation to the ..
- Memory deficits in patients with schizophrenia: preliminary data from the Wechsler Memory Scale-Third Edition support earlier findingsK A Hawkins
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn 06519, USA
J Psychiatry Neurosci 24:341-7. 1999....
- Assessment of skeletal muscle ventricle function using tissue velocity imagingN R Grubb
Cardiovascular Research Unit, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
J Card Surg 12:420-30. 1997....
- [Can magnetic resonance imaging of the brain in the acute phase of carbon monoxide intoxication forecast delayed encephalopathy?]Takahisa Kawashima
Department of Disaster and Emergency Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine
Chudoku Kenkyu 20:117-24. 2007..disorder was recognized in large area, such as, in cerebral white matter and callosum, and abnormality was found in WMS-R and MMSE. Since HBO was performed, DE subsided...
- Williams syndrome: neuronal size and neuronal-packing density in primary visual cortexAlbert M Galaburda
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Arch Neurol 59:1461-7. 2002Williams syndrome (WMS) is a rare, genetically based syndrome associated with a hemideletion in chromosome 7 (7q11.22-23) and characterized by a unique constellation of somatic, brain, and cognitive features...
- [Influence of intracoronary administration of anisodamine on no-reflow, ventricular function and systolic synchrony in acute myocardial infarction patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention]Wei ze Fan
Department of Cadre Cardiology of the 2nd Affiliated Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050000, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 35:908-13. 2007....
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy of memory and frontal brain region in early multiple sclerosisWolfgang Staffen
Neurological Department, Christian Doppler Klinik, Ignaz Harrer Strasse 79, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 17:357-63. 2005..MS and 21 healthy comparison subjects were examined psychometrically using the Wechsler Memory Scale (WMS) and the Multiple Sclerosis Functional Composite (MSFC) scale, and (1H-MRS) was used to examine frontal deep white ..
- A multicenter, prospective pilot study of gamma knife radiosurgery for mesial temporal lobe epilepsy: seizure response, adverse events, and verbal memoryNicholas M Barbaro
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California at San Francisco, 94143, USA
Ann Neurol 65:167-75. 2009..We report the 3-year outcomes of a multicenter, prospective pilot study of RS...
- [The biological and anatomical-morphological properties of Hymenolepis diminuta tapeworms of WMS il1 and the WMS "strain"]M Stradowski
Zakład Biologii Ogólnej i Parazytologii Akademii Medycznej, 02 004 Warszawa, ul Chałubińskiego 5
Wiad Parazytol 47:279-83. 2001Crowded infrapopulations of H. diminuta obtained from the WMS il1 inbred line resembled those of the potentially non-inbred WMS strain in not showing either the abrupt reductions in the numbers of worms or the destrobilation described by ..
- Antipsychotic medication and cognitive function in schizophreniaHiroaki Hori
Department of Mental Disorder Research, National Institute of Neuroscience, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Ogawahigashi, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
Schizophr Res 86:138-46. 2006..were assessed in 67 patients with chronic schizophrenia and 92 controls using the Wechsler Memory Scale-Revised (WMS-R), the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Revised (WAIS-R), the Wisconsin Card Sorting Test (WCST), and the ..
- Differential performance of Alzheimer's and vascular dementia patients on a brief battery of neuropsychological testsZarabeth Golden
Ely High School, Pompano Beach, Florida, USA
Int J Neurosci 115:1569-77. 2005..selected subtests of the WAIS-R, Word Fluency, Rey Figure, Boston Naming Test, Math, Reading, and subtests from the WMS-R...
- [Memory deficit in patients with subcortical vascular cognitive impairment versus Alzheimer-type dementia: the sensitivity of the 'word list' subtest on the Wechsler Memory Scale-III]E Suades-González
Servicio de Neurologia, Corporacio Sanitaria Parc Tauli, E 08208Sabadell Barcelona, Espana
Rev Neurol 49:623-9. 2009..Memory deficits are frequent in mild subcortical vascular pathology and in the early stage of Alzheimer's disease...
- Transient global amnesia (TGA) in an MEG studyY Mizuno-Matsumoto
Department of Human Welfare, Osaka Jonan Women s College, Japan
Brain Topogr 13:269-74. 2001..Magnetoencephalography (MEG) was performed and the Wechsler Memory Scale-Revised (WMS-R) test was administered at 5 days and at more than a month after the TGA episode...
- Ictal electroencephalographic correlates of posttreatment neuropsychological changes in electroconvulsive therapy: a hypothesis-generation studyHideki Azuma
Department of Psychiatry and Cognitive Behavioral Medicine, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
J ECT 23:163-8. 2007..The aim of this hypothesis-generation study was to examine correlations between ictal electroencephalographic (EEG) characteristics and cognitive side effects after ECT...
- Comparison of postoperative cognitive function in patients undergoing surgery for ruptured and unruptured intracranial aneurysmYasunari Otawara
Department of Neurosurgery, Iwate Medical University, Morioka, Iwate 020 8505, Japan
Surg Neurol 72:592-5; discussion 595. 2009..The present study excluded the effects of surgery by comparing cognitive function after surgical repair in patients with aneurysmal SAH and patients with unruptured intracranial aneurysm...
- Value of myocardial regional perfusion on long-term function in collateral-dependent myocardiumJun Jin
Division of Cardiology, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing City, People s Republic of China
South Med J 101:894-9. 2008..However, there are conflicting reports about the influence of collaterals on LV recovery after revascularization...
- CD10 protein expression in tumor and stromal cells of malignant melanoma is associated with tumor progressionNurija Bilalovic
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Mod Pathol 17:1251-8. 2004CD10 antigen is a 100-kDa-cell surface zinc metalloendopeptidase expressed in a variety of normal and neoplastic lymphoid and nonlymphoid tissues including melanomas...
- Evaluation of spirocyclic 3-(3-fluoropropyl)-2-benzofurans as sigma1 receptor ligands for neuroimaging with positron emission tomographyEva Grosse Maestrup
Institut fur Pharmazeutische und Medizinische Chemie der Westfalischen Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Munster, Germany
J Med Chem 52:6062-72. 2009..In receptor binding studies, the N-benzyl derivative 7a (WMS-1813) revealed extraordinarily high sigma(1) receptor affinity (K(i) = 1...
- Pupillometric findings in patients with Parkinson's disease and cognitive disorderVasilios Stergiou
Laboratory of Clinical Neurophysiology, AHEPA University Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Int J Psychophysiol 72:97-101. 2009..The patients were examined with the Mini Mental State Examination (MMSE), the Wechsler II Memory Scale (WMS II) and the Hamilton Depression Scale (HAM-D17). Eleven (11) patients (five males, six females, mean age: 72.09+/-7...
- Confirmation of ADAMTSL4 mutations for autosomal recessive isolated bilateral ectopia lentisV Bennouna Greene
Laboratoire de Genetique Medicale, Equipe Avenir Inserm, Faculté de médecine de Strasbourg, Universite de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Ophthalmic Genet 31:47-51. 2010....
- Modified capsular tension ring for patients with congenital loss of zonular supportRobert J Cionni
Cincinnati Eye Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio 45242, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:1668-73. 2003..To evaluate the results of implantation of a modified capsular tension ring (MCTR) and a posterior chamber intraocular lens (PC IOL) in patients with congenitally subluxated crystalline lenses...
- Myocardial perfusion reserve and contractile pattern after beta-blocker therapy in patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathyR H J A Slart
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, PO Box 30001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Cardiol 17:479-85. 2010..The aim of this study was to elucidate whether differences between responders and non-responders can be identified with respect to regional myocardial perfusion reserve (MPR) and contractile performance...
- Is the metalloendopeptidase EC 18.104.22.168 (EP24.15), the enzyme that cleaves luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH), an activating enzyme?Kirsty Cleverly
Centre for Medical Education, University of Bristol, 39 41 St Michael s Hill, Bristol BS2 8DZ, UK
Reproduction 139:319-30. 2010..LHRH-I is processed by a zinc metalloendopeptidase EC 22.214.171.124 (EP24...
- Quantitative measures of memory malingering on the Wechsler Memory Scale--Third edition in mild head injury litigantsPauline M Langeluddecke
Suite 1003, 37 Bligh Street, 2000, NSW, Sydney, Australia
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 18:181-97. 2003Wechsler Memory Scale-Third edition (WMS-III) performance in 25 mild traumatic brain injury (TBI) litigants who met the criteria for probable malingered neurocognitive dysfunction (MND) was compared with 50 nonmalingering subjects...
- Differential diagnosis of behavioral variant of fronto-temporal dementia (bvFTD)Maria Pachalska
Andrzej Frycz Modrzewski Cracow University, Cracow, Poland
Med Sci Monit 17:CR311-21. 2011..The aim of the paper is the differential diagnosis of various types of Fronto-Temporal Dementia (FTD), with the focus on its behavioural variant (bvFTD)...
- More than meets the eye: The evolving phenotype of Weill-Marchesani syndrome-diagnostic confusion with geleophysic dysplasiaAllen L Pimienta
Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel Medical Genetics Institute, Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa, Israel
Am J Med Genet A 161:3126-9. 2013..Molecular testing demonstrated novel mutations in the ADAMTS10 gene confirming a diagnosis of autosomal recessive WMS in the proposita...
- Memory testing in dementia: how much is enough?D S Derrer
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, Oregon, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 14:1-6. 2001..Consortium to Establish a Registry for Alzheimer's Disease neuropsychology battery, Wechsler Memory Scale-Revised [WMS-R] Logical Memory I and II, WMS-R Visual Reproduction I and II, the memory scores from the Neurobehavioral ..
- Is the WMS-IV verbal paired associates as effective as other memory tasks in discriminating amnestic mild cognitive impairment from normal aging?Kerryn E Pike
School of Psychological Science, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia
Clin Neuropsychol 27:908-23. 2013....
- Familial spherophakia with short stature caused by a novel homozygous ADAMTS17 mutationArif O Khan
Department of Genetics, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Ophthalmic Genet 33:235-9. 2012..The phenotype can be caused by recessive ADAMTS10 mutations or heterozygous fibrillin-1 mutation...
- Weill- Marchesani syndrome: a rare case reportL R Puri
Sagarmatha Choudhary Eye Hospital, Lahan, Nepal
Nepal J Ophthalmol 4:336-8. 2012..To describe the presenting features of Weill-Marchesani syndrome..
- SuperTAG methylation-specific digital karyotyping reveals uremia-induced epigenetic dysregulation of atherosclerosis-related genesAdam M Zawada
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Saarland University Medical Center, Homburg, Germany
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 5:611-20. 2012..We hypothesized that gene-specific epigenetic dysregulation in CKD exists, affecting genes pertinent to inflammation and atherosclerosis...
- [Neuroimaging in mild cognitive impairment]Hidenao Fukuyama
Human Brain Research Center, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine
Rinsho Shinkeigaku 46:791-4. 2006..is still unclear, but, we can say that the general cognitive evaluation methods such as MMSE is better than WMS-R, which measures the memory function itself with wide variation in each case...
- Network Analysis as a tool for assessing environmental sustainability: applying the ecosystem perspective to a Danish Water Management SystemMassimo Pizzol
Department of Environmental Science, Aarhus University, Frederiksborgvej 399, 4000 Roskilde, Denmark
J Environ Manage 118:21-31. 2013..A Danish municipal Water Management System (WMS) is used as case study to test the NA methodology and to discuss its generic applicability...
- Screening ADAMTS10 in dog populations supports Gly661Arg as the glaucoma-causing variant in beaglesJohn Kuchtey
Vanderbilt Eye Institute, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:1881-6. 2013..primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) to a 4-Mb interval on chromosome 20, and identified a Gly661Arg variant in ADAMTS10 as the candidate disease-causing variant...
- Cognitive function and symptoms in adolescents with schizotypal personality disorderHanan Trotman
Department of Psychology, Emory University, USA
Schizophr Bull 32:489-97. 2006..cognitive functioning was measured using subtests from the Wechsler Intelligence Scales and Wechsler Memory Scales (WMS), and symptoms were measured using the Structured Interview for Prodromal Symptoms (SIPS)...
- Effect of surgical menopause on cognitive functionsAbdul kader F Farrag
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Assiut University Hospital, Assiut, Egypt
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 13:193-8. 2002..They were subjected to cognitive assessment by Mini-Mental State Examination (MMSE), Wechsler Memory Scale (WMS) subtests, and measurement of auditory Event-Related Potentials (ERPs) and serial serum estradiol levels ..
- Education-stratified base-rate information on discrepancy scores within and between the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale--Third Edition and the Wechsler Memory Scale--Third EditionGalit A Dori
Department of Neurology, The Mellen Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Psychol Assess 16:146-54. 2004..Wechsler, 1997a) and the Wechsler Memory Scale--Third Edition (WMS-III; D. Wechsler, 1997b) are 2 of the most frequently used measures in psychology and neuropsychology...
- Carpal tunnel syndrome in childrenNathalie Van Meir
University Hospital Pellenberg, Leuven, Belgium
Acta Orthop Belg 69:387-95. 2003..Children with storage disease may benefit from early clinical and electrophysiological screening before they develop obvious clinical signs...
- Inhibitors of metalloendopeptidase EC 126.96.36.199 and EC 188.8.131.52 stabilized against proteolysis by the incorporation of beta-amino acidsDavid Steer
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, P O Box 13D, Monash University, Clayton, VIC 3800, Australia
Biochemistry 41:10819-26. 2002The enzyme EC 184.108.40.206 (EP 24.15) is a zinc metalloendopeptidase whose precise function in vivo remains unknown but is thought to participate in the regulated metabolism of a number of specific neuropeptides...
- Comparative study of dobutamine stress echocardiography and dual single-photon emission computed tomography (thallium-201 and I-123 BMIPP) for assessing myocardial viability after acute myocardial infarctionNaoko Yasugi
Department of 1st Internal Medicine, Fukuoka University Chikushi Hospital, Japan
Circ J 66:1132-8. 2002..Dual SPECT was performed to compare the defect score of BMIPP and (201)Tl. The left ventricular wall motion score (WMS) was estimated during DSE and 6 months later to assess functional recovery of the infarct area...
- Foreshortened dorsal extension of the central sulcus in Williams syndromeAndrea P Jackowski
Child Study Center, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Cortex 41:282-90. 2005Williams syndrome (WMS) is a genetic condition resulting from a hemideletion on chromosome 7 that causes cognitive impairment, and a variety of growth and physical abnormalities...
- Homozygous mutations in ADAMTS10 and ADAMTS17 cause lenticular myopia, ectopia lentis, glaucoma, spherophakia, and short statureJose Morales
King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital, and College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh 11462, Saudi Arabia
Am J Hum Genet 85:558-68. 2009..Autosomal-recessive and autosomal-dominant forms of WMS are caused by mutations in ADAMTS10 and FBN1 genes, respectively...
- Unique and shared validity of the "Wechsler logical memory test", the "California verbal learning test", and the "verbal learning and memory test" in patients with epilepsyChristoph Helmstaedter
Department of Epileptology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Epilepsy Res 87:203-12. 2009..This study was set-up to evaluate the construct validity of three verbal memory tests in epilepsy patients...
- [Evaluation of memory in acquired brain injury: a comparison between the Wechsler Memory Scale and the Rivermead Behaviour Memory Test]A Guinea-Hidalgo
Clinica Ubarmin, Navarra, Espana
Rev Neurol 49:240-7. 2009..A good neuropsychological evaluation of memory is designed to study not only the type, intensity and nature of the problems, but also the way they manifest in daily life...
- Functional analysis of an ADAMTS10 signal peptide mutation in Weill-Marchesani syndrome demonstrates a long-range effect on secretion of the full-length enzymeWendy E Kutz
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Orthopaedic Research Center, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Hum Mutat 29:1425-34. 2008We report the identification and functional analysis of the first missense ADAMTS10 mutation (c.73G>A; p.Ala25Thr) causing recessive Weill-Marchesani syndrome (WMS)...
- Featural versus configural face processing in a rare genetic disorder: Williams syndromeL Isaac
Department of Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology of Alliant International University, San Diego, California 92131, USA
J Intellect Disabil Res 55:1034-42. 2011Williams syndrome (WMS) is a rare genetic disorder with an estimated prevalence of 1 in 20 000 live births...
- Effects of rivastigmine on memory and cognition in multiple sclerosisVahid Shaygannejad
Department of Neurology, Medical School, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Can J Neurol Sci 35:476-81. 2008..Cognitive dysfunction is one of the common clinical symptoms in multiple sclerosis (MS), but there is no effective treatment for it...
- Right ventricular outflow and apical pacing comparably worsen the echocardiographic normal left ventricleTim J F ten Cate
Department of Cardiology, Sint Antonius Hospital, Koekoekslaan 1, Nieuwegein 3435 CM, The Netherlands
Eur J Echocardiogr 9:672-7. 2008..This study aims to assess the acute effects of RVA and RVOT pacing on LVF in order to determine the contribution of echocardiography for the selection of the optimum pacing site during pacemaker (PM) implantation...
- Biogenesis of extracellular microfibrils: Multimerization of the fibrillin-1 C terminus into bead-like structures enables self-assemblyDirk Hubmacher
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology and Faculty of Dentistry, Division of Biomedical Sciences, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:6548-53. 2008....
- A specific mutation in the distant sonic hedgehog (SHH) cis-regulator (ZRS) causes Werner mesomelic syndrome (WMS) while complete ZRS duplications underlie Haas type polysyndactyly and preaxial polydactyly (PPD) with or without triphalangeal thumbDagmar Wieczorek
Institut fur Humangenetik, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Hufelandstr 55, Essen 45122, Germany
Hum Mutat 31:81-9. 2010Werner mesomelic syndrome (WMS) is an autosomal dominant disorder with unknown molecular etiology characterized by hypo- or aplasia of the tibiae in addition to the preaxial polydactyly (PPD) of the hands and feet and/or five-fingered ..
- [Therapy for replenishing qi, nourishing yin and promoting blood circulation in patients with acute myocardial infarction undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention: a randomized controlled trial]Sheng lei Qiu
Department of Cardiology, Beijing Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100010, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 7:616-21. 2009..No-reflow phenomenon after reperfusion treatment of acute myocardial infarction (AMI) is becoming more recognized today. The effective treatment for no-reflow has not been reported...
- Histopathology findings in common marmosets (Callithrix jacchus Linnaeus, 1758) with chronic weight loss associated with bile tract obstruction by infestation with Platynosomum (Loos, 1907)Maria Bernardete Cordeiro Sousa
Departamento de Fisiologia, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande, Caixa Postal, 1511, Natal, RN 59078 970, Brazil
Primates 49:283-7. 2008Chronic weight loss in marmosets is often associated with wasting marmoset syndrome (WMS), an important disease that occurs in callitrichid colonies around the world...
- Velocity tracking, a new and user independent method for detecting regional function of the left ventricleCarl Westholm
Department of Cardiology, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 29:24-31. 2009..The aim of this study was to test the accuracy of VeT in detecting ischaemia in non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI) patients bedside...
- A quantitative measure of JS's memoryDorit Ben Shalom
Zlotowski Center for Neuroscience, Ben Gurion University, Israel
Autism 14:619-28. 2010..The present paper used the WMS-III to compare the memory profile of JS to that of the adults with HFA in the Williams et al. (2005) WMS-III paper...
- Wilson-Mikity syndrome: updated diagnostic criteria based on nine cases and a review of the literatureAmy Hoepker
Department of Respirology, Children s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Pediatr Pulmonol 43:1004-12. 2008Nearly 50 years ago, Wilson and Mikity described a syndrome (WMS) of chronic lung disease (CLD) in premature infants, characterized by early development of cystic interstitial emphysema (PIE), despite minimal ventilatory support...
- Advanced clinical interpretation of the WAIS-IV and WMS-IV: prevalence of low scores varies by level of intelligence and years of educationBrian L Brooks
Alberta Children s Hospital and University of Calgary, Canada
Assessment 18:156-67. 2011..for the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Fourth Edition (WAIS-IV) and Wechsler Memory Scale-Fourth Edition (WMS-IV) using 900 healthy adults and validated on 28 patients with moderate or severe traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)...
- A randomized controlled trial of high-dose vitamin D2 followed by intranasal insulin in Alzheimer's diseaseMark S Stein
Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Vic, Australia Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Vic, Australia
J Alzheimers Dis 26:477-84. 2011..Assessment in Dementia (after high-dose D) and ADAS-cog and Wechsler Memory Scale-Revised Logical memory (WMS-R LM) for immediate and delayed recall (after nasal insulin)...
- Immunosuppression using the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) inhibitor everolimus: pilot study shows significant cognitive and affective improvementU E Lang
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Transplant Proc 41:4285-8. 2009..Preclinical evidence has implicated the mTOR pathway in synaptic plasticity and fear memory consolidation and reconsolidation...
- Interference effects on commonly used memory tasksLinda M Brophy
School of Psychological Science, La Trobe University, Bundoora, Australia
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 24:105-12. 2009This paper reports two studies which investigated the effect of interference on delayed recall scores of the WMS-III and other commonly used memory measures...
- Iron states and cognitive abilities in young adults: neuropsychological and neurophysiological assessmentEman Khedr
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, Assiut University Hospital, P O Box 71516, Assiut, Egypt
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 258:489-96. 2008..tests for assessment including: mini-mental state examination (MMSE), Wechsler memory scale-revised (WMS-R), Wechsler adult intelligence scale-revised (WAIS-R), event-related potentials (ERPs), and electroencephalography ..
- [Predictors of verbal memory decline following temporal lobe surgery]A de Vanssay-Maigne
Service de Neurochirurgie, centre hospitalier Sainte Anne CHSA, 1, rue Cabanis, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
Neurochirurgie 54:240-4. 2008..Our purpose was to identify, in our population of patients and among all risk factors, those that may be predictive of verbal memory decline...
- Cerebellar nitric oxide synthase, cGMP and motor function in two lines of cerebellar mutant mice, Staggerer and Wriggle Mouse SagamiM Ikeda
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Neurosci Lett 168:65-8. 1994..in the cerebellum using two lines of mutant mice having motor dysfunction, Staggerer (SG) and Wriggle Mouse Sagami (WMS). In SG, the NOS activity per cerebellum was reduced to 5...
- Airway management of a patient with Weill-Marchesani syndromeLale Karabiyik
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Anesth 15:214-6. 2003..The primary lesion is fibrous tissue hyperplasia. Airway control and intubation may be difficult in patients with WMS because of stiff joints, poorly aligned teeth, and maxillary hypoplasia with a narrow palate...
- Interactions of a new alpha-aminophosphinic derivative inside the active site of TLN (thermolysin): a model for zinc-metalloendopeptidase inhibitionMohamed Selkti
Laboratoire de Cristallographie et RMN Biologiques UMR 8015 CNRS, 4 avenue de l Observatoire, 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 59:1200-5. 2003..This could be taken into account in the design of selective inhibitors...
- Olfactory identification in elderly Greek people in relation to memory and attention measuresAlexandra Economou
Department of Psychology, School of Philosophy, The University of Athens, Panepistimiopolis, Athens, Greece
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 37:119-30. 2003..ranging in age from 49 to 88 years together with tests of verbal memory from the Wechsler Memory Scale-3rd Edition (WMS-III)...
- Using the WMS-III faces subtest to detect malingered memory impairmentDavid M Glassmire
Pacific Graduate School of Psychology, Palo Alto, CA, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 25:465-81. 2003The current study evaluated the utility of the WMS-III Faces I subtest (Faces) for the assessment of malingering...
- Hypoactivation of the prefrontal cortex during verbal fluency test in PTSD: a near-infrared spectroscopy studyKoji Matsuo
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Psychiatry Res 124:1-10. 2003..a cognitive task (verbal fluency task; VFT) and memory function measured using the Wechsler Memory Scale-Revised (WMS-R). The subjects were victims of the Tokyo Subway Sarin attack with (n = 8) or without (n = 26) PTSD...
- PHARMACOLOGY OF COGNITION IN SCHIZOTYPAL PERSONALITYLarry Siever; Fiscal Year: 2001..and DOT tests) 2) learning and memory (serial word list learning and Wechsler Memory Scale Visual Reproduction (WMS-VR)) and 3) sustained attention (Continuous Performance Task (CPT-IP), digits and shapes...
- PATHOGENESIS OF MARFAN SYNDROME AND RELATED DISORDERSLynn Sakai; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, selected mutant constructs will be tested for protease susceptibility in comparison to analogous wildtype constructs. ..
- Glycosylation of Thrombospondin Type 1 RepeatsRobert S Haltiwanger; Fiscal Year: 2010..range of events relevant to human disease states, including cancer (anti-angiogenic effects of thrombospondin-1), Weill-Marchesani syndrome (ADAMTS10 defects), and Inherited Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ADAMTS13 defects).
- Glycosylation of Thrombospondin Type 1 RepeatsRobert Haltiwanger; Fiscal Year: 2007..function in a wide range of events relevant to human disease states, including cancer (anti-angiogenic effects of thrombospondin-1), Weill-Marchesani syndrome (ADAMTS10 defects), and Inherited Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ADAMTS13 defects).
- SOCIAL COGNITION IN WILLIAMS SYNDROMEHelen Tager Flusberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..proposed research are to systematically investigate social information processing capacities in Williams syndrome (WMS). Earlier work has shown that people with WMS have good face processing skills and language ability...
- Protease regulation of extracellular networksSUNEEL APTE; Fiscal Year: 2007The proposal will investigate regulation of extracellular networks by ADAMTS10, a secreted metalloprotease mutated in recessive Weill-Marchesani syndrome (WMS), a rare inherited connective tissue disorder...
- WHAT MATTERS IN MENTORING? TESTING AND MEASURING A MENTOR TRAINING INTERVENTIONAngela Byars Winston; Fiscal Year: 2010..properties of the research mentor and mentee surveys currently in use to evaluate the Wisconsin Mentoring Seminar (WMS) and establish evidence for their construct validity and reliability...
- Protease regulation of extracellular networksSuneel S Apte; Fiscal Year: 2010The proposal will investigate regulation of extracellular networks by ADAMTS10, a secreted metalloprotease mutated in recessive Weill-Marchesani syndrome (WMS), a rare inherited connective tissue disorder...
- Computational Methods for ProteinsHagai Meirovitch; Fiscal Year: 2003..A loop can also exhibit intermediate flexibility, where several WMs are populated significantly in thermodynamic equilibrium...
- Subtypes of Schizophrenia: ERPs During Memory ProcessingGerard Bruder; Fiscal Year: 2007..Patients and controls will also be tested on standard neurocognitive tests of attention (CPT), learning and memory (WMS-R), and problem solving (WCST)...
- HCV and Progression of HIV and HAART Response in WomenAndrea Kovacs; Fiscal Year: 2005..Almost 40 percent) of women enrolled in the Women's Interagency HIV Study (WMS) are co-infected with HCV affording a unique opportunity to study the effect of HCV on disease progression and ..