Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ACTG1
Description: actin gamma 1
Alias: ACT, ACTG, DFNA20, DFNA26, HEL-176, actin, cytoplasmic 2, cytoskeletal gamma-actin, epididymis luminal protein 176
Publications120 found, 100 shown here
- Dugina V, Zwaenepoel I, Gabbiani G, Clement S, Chaponnier C. Beta and gamma-cytoplasmic actins display distinct distribution and functional diversity. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2980-8 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal new aspects of beta- and gamma-actin organization that support their functional diversity. ..
- Vasiliver Shamis G, Cho M, Hioe C, Dustin M. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 envelope gp120-induced partial T-cell receptor signaling creates an F-actin-depleted zone in the virological synapse. J Virol. 2009;83:11341-55 pubmed publisher..However, these partial TCR signals act locally to create an F-actin-depleted zone...
- Rivière J, van Bon B, Hoischen A, Kholmanskikh S, O Roak B, Gilissen C, et al. De novo mutations in the actin genes ACTB and ACTG1 cause Baraitser-Winter syndrome. Nat Genet. 2012;44:440-4, S1-2 pubmed publisher..proband-parent trios, we identified de novo missense changes in the cytoplasmic actin-encoding genes ACTB and ACTG1 in one and two probands, respectively...
- Fackler O, Kienzle N, Kremmer E, Boese A, Schramm B, Klimkait T, et al. Association of human immunodeficiency virus Nef protein with actin is myristoylation dependent and influences its subcellular localization. Eur J Biochem. 1997;247:843-51 pubmed..This novel interaction of HIV-1 Nef with actin provides insight into the association of Nef with cellular structures and reveals general differences in the interactions of the Nef proteins from HIV-1 and HIV-2. ..
- Bukrinskaya A, Brichacek B, Mann A, Stevenson M. Establishment of a functional human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) reverse transcription complex involves the cytoskeleton. J Exp Med. 1998;188:2113-25 pubmed
- Uruno T, Liu J, Zhang P, Fan Yx -, Egile C, Li R, et al. Activation of Arp2/3 complex-mediated actin polymerization by cortactin. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:259-66 pubmed..Our data indicate a new mechanism for activation of actin polymerization involving an enhanced interaction between the Arp2/3 complex and actin filaments. ..
- Rendtorff N, Zhu M, Fagerheim T, Antal T, Jones M, Teslovich T, et al. A novel missense mutation in ACTG1 causes dominant deafness in a Norwegian DFNA20/26 family, but ACTG1 mutations are not frequent among families with hereditary hearing impairment. Eur J Hum Genet. 2006;14:1097-105 pubmed..in ACTG1 were found to cause autosomal dominant, progressive, sensorineural hearing impairment linked to the DFNA20/26 locus on chromosome 17q25.3 in four American families and in one Dutch family...
- Rey O, Canon J, Krogstad P. HIV-1 Gag protein associates with F-actin present in microfilaments. Virology. 1996;220:530-4 pubmed..In vivo and in vitro analyses of this interaction indicated that the unprocessed Gag polyprotein is capable of association with polymerized actin (F-actin). Binding of Gag to F-actin may be involved in the assembly or budding of HIV-1. ..
- Hertzog M, van Heijenoort C, Didry D, Gaudier M, Coutant J, Gigant B, et al. The beta-thymosin/WH2 domain; structural basis for the switch from inhibition to promotion of actin assembly. Cell. 2004;117:611-23 pubmed
- Park G, Gim J, Kim A, Han K, Kim H, Oh S, et al. Multiphasic analysis of whole exome sequencing data identifies a novel mutation of ACTG1 in a nonsyndromic hearing loss family. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:191 pubmed publisher..Finally, the novel variant p.M305T in ACTG1 (DFNA20/26) was selected as a disease-causing variant...
- Ott D, Coren L, Kane B, Busch L, Johnson D, Sowder R, et al. Cytoskeletal proteins inside human immunodeficiency virus type 1 virions. J Virol. 1996;70:7734-43 pubmed..The presence of these fragments, as well as the incorporation of a few specific cytoskeletal proteins into virions, suggests an active interaction between cytoskeletal and viral proteins. ..
- Otterbein L, Graceffa P, Dominguez R. The crystal structure of uncomplexed actin in the ADP state. Science. 2001;293:708-11 pubmed..The successful crystallization of monomeric actin opens the way to future structure determinations of actin complexes with actin-binding proteins such as myosin. ..
- van Wijk E, Krieger E, Kemperman M, De Leenheer E, Huygen P, Cremers C, et al. A mutation in the gamma actin 1 (ACTG1) gene causes autosomal dominant hearing loss (DFNA20/26). J Med Genet. 2003;40:879-84 pubmed..with autosomal dominant hearing loss yielded a chromosomal localisation of the underlying genetic defect in the DFNA20/26 locus at 17q25-qter...
- Readinger J, Schiralli G, Jiang J, Thomas C, August A, Henderson A, et al. Selective targeting of ITK blocks multiple steps of HIV replication. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:6684-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that inhibition of ITK blocks HIV infection by affecting multiple steps of HIV replication. ..
- Liu B, Dai R, Tian C, Dawson L, Gorelick R, Yu X. Interaction of the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 nucleocapsid with actin. J Virol. 1999;73:2901-8 pubmed
- Morell R, Friderici K, Wei S, Elfenbein J, Friedman T, Fisher R. A new locus for late-onset, progressive, hereditary hearing loss DFNA20 maps to 17q25. Genomics. 2000;63:1-6 pubmedWe report the localization of DFNA20, a gene causing dominant, nonsyndromic, progressive hearing loss in a three-generation Midwestern family, to chromosome 17q25...
- Yoder A, Yu D, Dong L, Iyer S, Xu X, Kelly J, et al. HIV envelope-CXCR4 signaling activates cofilin to overcome cortical actin restriction in resting CD4 T cells. Cell. 2008;134:782-92 pubmed publisher..Conversely, induction of active cofilin greatly facilitates it. These findings shed light on viral exploitation of cellular machinery in resting T cells, where chemokine receptor signaling becomes obligatory. ..
- de Heer A, Huygen P, Collin R, Oostrik J, Kremer H, Cremers C. Audiometric and vestibular features in a second Dutch DFNA20/26 family with a novel mutation in ACTG1. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2009;118:382-90 pubmedWe analyzed the phenotype in a 5-generation DFNA20/26 family with a novel missense mutation in the ACTG1 gene (c.151G>A) and compared the findings to previous reports on DFNA20/26 families...
- Gladnikoff M, Shimoni E, Gov N, Rousso I. Retroviral assembly and budding occur through an actin-driven mechanism. Biophys J. 2009;97:2419-28 pubmed publisher..The results of this study show that retroviruses utilize the cell cytoskeleton to expedite their assembly and budding. ..
- Spear M, Guo J, Wu Y. The trinity of the cortical actin in the initiation of HIV-1 infection. Retrovirology. 2012;9:45 pubmed publisher..It is the purpose of this review to examine, in detail, the manifestation of viral dependence on the actin cytoskeleton, and present a model of how HIV utilizes actin dynamics to initiate infection. ..
- Na H, Kim M, Chang S, Kim S, Park J, Chung M, et al. Tobacco smoking-response genes in blood and buccal cells. Toxicol Lett. 2015;232:429-37 pubmed publisher..Among the above genes, the ACTG1, involved in the maintenance of actin cytoskeleton, cell migration and cancer metastasis, was highly expressed by ..
- Zhao Y, Zhang Z, Zhao C, Zhang Y, Wang Y, Guan W, et al. Construction of a full-length cDNA library and preliminary analysis of expressed sequence tags from lymphocytes of half-pipe snowboarding athletes. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:12921-30 pubmed publisher..A total of 201 functional genes were noted, which were distributed in 27 pathways. TXN, MDH1, ARL1, ARPC3, ACTG1, and other genes measured in sequence may be associated with physical ability...
- Schreiber J, VÃ©gh M, Dawitz J, Kroon T, Loos M, LabontÃ© D, et al. Ubiquitin ligase TRIM3 controls hippocampal plasticity and learning by regulating synaptic Î³-actin levels. J Cell Biol. 2015;211:569-86 pubmed publisher..We show that synaptic Î³-actin levels are regulated by the E3 ubiquitin ligase TRIM3. TRIM3 protein and Actg1 transcript are colocalized in messenger ribonucleoprotein granules responsible for the dendritic targeting of ..
- Muramatsu H, Zou K, Sakaguchi N, Ikematsu S, Sakuma S, Muramatsu T. LDL receptor-related protein as a component of the midkine receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;270:936-41 pubmed..Brushin/megalin, which is also a high molecular weight protein belonging to the LDL receptor family, bound to MK less strongly than LRP. These findings suggest that LRP is a component of the receptor complex for MK. ..
- Luque A, Cohn S, Park J, Cramer Y, Weinberg A, Livingston E, et al. Depot medroxyprogesterone acetate in combination with a twice-daily lopinavir-ritonavir-based regimen in HIV-infected women showed effective contraception and a lack of clinically significant interactions, with good safety and tolerability: results o. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2015;59:2094-101 pubmed publisher..antiretroviral therapy or on nucleosides only (n = 14 subjects from the control arm of AIDS Clinical Trials Group [ACTG] study 5093)...
- Loomis P, Kelly A, Zheng L, Changyaleket B, Sekerkova G, Mugnaini E, et al. Targeted wild-type and jerker espins reveal a novel, WH2-domain-dependent way to make actin bundles in cells. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:1655-65 pubmed..Espins do not activate the Arp2/3 complex in vitro, and bundle assembly is not indicative of in-vitro nucleation activity. Our results suggest a novel way to build actin bundles at specific sites in cells. ..
- Di Donato N, Kuechler A, Vergano S, Heinritz W, Bodurtha J, Merchant S, et al. Update on the ACTG1-associated Baraitser-Winter cerebrofrontofacial syndrome. Am J Med Genet A. 2016;170:2644-51 pubmed publisher..caused by heterozygous missense mutations in one of the two ubiquitous cytoplasmic actin-encoding genes ACTB and ACTG1. Recently, we characterized the large cohort of 41 patients presenting with this condition...
- Gross R, Zheng L, La Rosa A, Sun X, Rosenkranz S, Cardoso S, et al. Partner-based adherence intervention for second-line antiretroviral therapy (ACTG A5234): a multinational randomised trial. Lancet HIV. 2015;2:e12-9 pubmed publisher..Intensive follow-up with clinic staff might be a viable approach in this setting. AIDS Clinical Trials Group and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, US National Institutes of Health. ..
- Keegan M, Winston A, Higgs C, Fuchs D, Boasso A, Nelson M. Tryptophan metabolism and its relationship with central nervous system toxicity in people living with HIV switching from efavirenz to dolutegravir. J Neurovirol. 2019;25:85-90 pubmed publisher..Ten CNS toxicities were graded according to the ACTG adverse events scale. Scores ranged from 0 (none) to 3 (severe) and were summed, giving a total from 0 to 30...
- Tassiopoulos K, Abdo M, Wu K, Koletar S, Palella F, Kalayjian R, et al. Frailty is strongly associated with increased risk of recurrent falls among older HIV-infected adults. AIDS. 2017;31:2287-2294 pubmed publisher..We examined this association among participants enrolled in AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG) A5322.
- Poirier K, Martinovic J, LaquerriÃ¨re A, Cavallin M, Fallet Bianco C, Desguerre I, et al. Rare ACTG1 variants in fetal microlissencephaly. Eur J Med Genet. 2015;58:416-8 pubmed publisherHeterozygous ACTG1 mutations are responsible for Baraitser-Winter cerebrofrontofacial syndrome which cortical malformation is characterized by pachygyria with frontal to occipital gradient of severity...
- Bovenschen N, Quadir R, van den Berg A, Brenkman A, Vandenberghe I, Devreese B, et al. Granzyme K displays highly restricted substrate specificity that only partially overlaps with granzyme A. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3504-12 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that GrK not only constitutes a redundant functional backup mechanism that assists GrA-induced cell death but that it also displays a unique function by cleaving its own specific substrates. ..
- Yuan Y, Gao X, Huang B, Lu J, Wang G, Lin X, et al. Phenotypic Heterogeneity in a DFNA20/26 family segregating a novel ACTG1 mutation. BMC Genet. 2016;17:33 pubmed publisher..The condition began with high-frequency hearing impairment in all family members excluding III:2. The novel ACTG1 c.638A > G (p...
- Alcaide M, Ramlagan S, Rodriguez V, Cook R, Peltzer K, Weiss S, et al. Self-Report and Dry Blood Spot Measurement of Antiretroviral Medications as Markers of Adherence in Pregnant Women in Rural South Africa. AIDS Behav. 2017;21:2135-2140 pubmed publisher..completed two self-reported adherence measures [visual analog scale (VAS), AIDS Clinical Trials Group Adherence (ACTG)]. Adherence was 89% (VAS), 80% (ACTG), and 74% (DBS)...
- Cheng C, Sharp P. RNA polymerase II accumulation in the promoter-proximal region of the dihydrofolate reductase and gamma-actin genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1961-7 pubmed..These results suggest that the accumulation of paused Pol II in promoter-proximal regions may be a common feature of gene regulation in mammalian cells. ..
- Miyagawa Y, Tanaka H, Iguchi N, Kitamura K, Nakamura Y, Takahashi T, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of the human orthologue of male germ cell-specific actin capping protein alpha3 (cpalpha3). Mol Hum Reprod. 2002;8:531-9 pubmed..CPalpha3 may play a physiologically important role in sperm architecture as well as in fertility of the human male. ..
- Poole E, Strappe P, Mok H, Hicks R, Lever A. HIV-1 Gag-RNA interaction occurs at a perinuclear/centrosomal site; analysis by confocal microscopy and FRET. Traffic. 2005;6:741-55 pubmed..HIV-1 Psi thus acts as a subcellular localisation signal as well as a high-affinity-binding site for Gag. ..
- Di Biagio A, Nicolini L, Lorenzini P, Puoti M, Antinori A, Cozzi Lepri A, et al. Liver enzyme elevation during darunavir-based antiretroviral treatment in HIV-1-infected patients with or without hepatitis C coinfection: data from the ICONA foundation cohort. HIV Clin Trials. 2014;15:151-60 pubmed publisher..Time to LEE endpoint was defined using the ACTG toxicity scale, based on changes relative to baseline...
- Schiralli Lester G, Akiyama H, Evans E, Singh J, Gummuluru S, Henderson A. Interleukin 2-inducible T cell kinase (ITK) facilitates efficient egress of HIV-1 by coordinating Gag distribution and actin organization. Virology. 2013;436:235-43 pubmed publisher..These data provide insight as to how ITK influences HIV-1 replication and suggest that targeting host factors that regulate HIV-1 egress provides an innovative strategy for controlling HIV infection. ..
- McCausland M, Juchnowski S, Zidar D, Kuritzkes D, Andrade A, Sieg S, et al. Altered Monocyte Phenotype in HIV-1 Infection Tends to Normalize with Integrase-Inhibitor-Based Antiretroviral Therapy. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0139474 pubmed publisher..at baseline (prior to ART initiation) and at weeks 12, 24, and 48 of treatment from 29 patients participating in ACTG clinical trial A5248, an open label study of raltegravir/emtricitibine/tenofovir administration...
- Kusner D, Barton J, Wen K, Wang X, Rubenstein P, Iyer S. Regulation of phospholipase D activity by actin. Actin exerts bidirectional modulation of Mammalian phospholipase D activity in a polymerization-dependent, isoform-specific manner. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:50683-92 pubmed..These data are consistent with a model in which the physical state of the actin cytoskeleton is a critical determinant of its regulation of PLD activity. ..
- Shen L, Tian S, Song H, Chen X, Guo H, Wan D, et al. Cytotoxic Tricycloalternarene Compounds from Endophyte Alternaria sp. W-1 Associated with Laminaria japonica. Mar Drugs. 2018;16: pubmed publisher..3a (3), tricycloalternarene F (4), 15-hydroxyl tricycloalternarene 5b (5), and ACTG-Toxin D (6)...
- Kumarasamy N, Aga E, Ribaudo H, Wallis C, Katzenstein D, Stevens W, et al. Lopinavir/Ritonavir Monotherapy as Second-line Antiretroviral Treatment in Resource-Limited Settings: Week 104 Analysis of AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG) A5230. Clin Infect Dis. 2015;60:1552-8 pubmed publisherThe AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG) A5230 study evaluated lopinavir/ritonavir (LPV/r) monotherapy following virologic failure (VF) on first-line human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) regimens in Africa and Asia...
- Martins de Souza D, Gattaz W, Schmitt A, Maccarrone G, Hunyadi Gulyas E, Eberlin M, et al. Proteomic analysis of dorsolateral prefrontal cortex indicates the involvement of cytoskeleton, oligodendrocyte, energy metabolism and new potential markers in schizophrenia. J Psychiatr Res. 2009;43:978-86 pubmed publisher..Our data not only reinforces the involvement of proteins previously implicated in schizophrenia, but also suggests new markers, providing further information to foster the comprehension of this important disease. ..
- Chen C, Kirshner J, Sherman M, Hu W, Nguyen T, Shively J. Mutation analysis of the short cytoplasmic domain of the cell-cell adhesion molecule CEACAM1 identifies residues that orchestrate actin binding and lumen formation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:5749-60 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that a short cytoplasmic domain membrane receptor can directly mediate substantial intracellular signaling. ..
- Jepsen L, Kruth K, Rubenstein P, Sept D. Two Deafness-Causing Actin Mutations (DFNA20/26) Have Allosteric Effects on the Actin Structure. Biophys J. 2016;111:323-332 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that mutations at this site give rise to a series of small changes that can be tolerated in vivo but result in misregulation of actin assembly and dynamics. ..
- Lee P, Midelfort C, Murakami K, Hatcher V. Multiple forms of ubiquitin-protein ligase. Binding of activated ubiquitin to protein substrates. Biochemistry. 1986;25:3134-8 pubmed..In particular, a pair of substrates were identified from erythrocyte extracts which were far more efficient substrates than the denatured proteins exogenously added. ..
- Bar K, Sneller M, Harrison L, Justement J, Overton E, Petrone M, et al. Effect of HIV Antibody VRC01 on Viral Rebound after Treatment Interruption. N Engl J Med. 2016;375:2037-2050 pubmed..We conducted two open-label trials (AIDS Clinical Trials Group [ACTG] A5340 and National Institutes of Health [NIH] 15-I-0140) of the safety, side-effect profile, pharmacokinetic ..
- Offenhauser N, Borgonovo A, Disanza A, Romano P, Ponzanelli I, Iannolo G, et al. The eps8 family of proteins links growth factor stimulation to actin reorganization generating functional redundancy in the Ras/Rac pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:91-8 pubmed..Finally, the patterns of expression of eps8 and eps8L2 in mice are remarkably overlapping, thus providing a likely explanation for the lack of overt phenotype in eps8 null mice. ..
- Roghanian A, Jones D, Pattisapu J, Wolfe J, Young N, Behnam B. Filament-associated TSGA10 protein is expressed in professional antigen presenting cells and interacts with vimentin. Cell Immunol. 2010;265:120-6 pubmed publisher..We propose that TSGA10 could influence the function of antigen presenting cells (APC) via its interaction with cytoskeletal proteins such as vimentin. ..
- Lyonnais S, Gorelick R, Heniche Boukhalfa F, Bouaziz S, Parissi V, Mouscadet J, et al. A protein ballet around the viral genome orchestrated by HIV-1 reverse transcriptase leads to an architectural switch: from nucleocapsid-condensed RNA to Vpr-bridged DNA. Virus Res. 2013;171:287-303 pubmed publisher
- Robertson K, Jiang H, Evans S, Marra C, Berzins B, Hakim J, et al. International neurocognitive normative study: neurocognitive comparison data in diverse resource-limited settings: AIDS Clinical Trials Group A5271. J Neurovirol. 2016;22:472-8 pubmed publisher..Here, we report on ACTG 5271, which provided neurological training of clinical site personnel and collected neurocognitive normative ..
- Fuchs E, Kim K, Hanukoglu I, Tanese N. The evolution and complexity of the genes encoding the cytoskeletal proteins of human epidermal cells. Curr Probl Dermatol. 1983;11:27-44 pubmed..The availability of cloned cDNAs specific for each of three types of epithelial cytoskeletal proteins allows us to investigate the coordinate expression of their mRNAs during terminal differentiation in human epidermis. ..
- Matarrese P, Conti L, Varano B, Gauzzi M, Belardelli F, Gessani S, et al. The HIV-1 vpr protein induces anoikis-resistance by modulating cell adhesion process and microfilament system assembly. Cell Death Differ. 2000;7:25-36 pubmed..e. by inducing anoikis-resistance. These particular effects of vpr might enhance the homing, spreading and survival of the infected lymphocytes, thus contributing to virus persistence in the course of acute HIV-1 infection. ..
- Yosimichi G, Kubota S, Hattori T, Nishida T, Nawachi K, Nakanishi T, et al. CTGF/Hcs24 interacts with the cytoskeletal protein actin in chondrocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;299:755-61 pubmed..These findings suggest that a significant portion of intracellular CTGF/Hcs24 may regulate certain cell biological events in chondrocytes through the interaction with this particular cytoskeletal protein. ..
- Chandrasekaran P, Buckley M, Moore V, Wang L, Kehrl J, Venkatesan S. HIV-1 Nef impairs heterotrimeric G-protein signaling by targeting G?(i2) for degradation through ubiquitination. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:41481-98 pubmed publisher..By specifically degrading G?(i2), Nef directly subverts leukocyte migration and homing. Impaired trafficking and homing of HIV Nef-expressing lymphocytes probably contributes to early immune dysfunction following HIV infection. ..
- Martinez Quiles N, Rohatgi R, Anton I, Medina M, Saville S, Miki H, et al. WIP regulates N-WASP-mediated actin polymerization and filopodium formation. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:484-91 pubmed..Our results indicate that WIP and N-WASP may act as a functional unit in filopodium formation, which is consistent with their role in actin-tail formation in cells ..
- Mustapha M, Chouery E, Torchard Pagnez D, Nouaille S, Khrais A, Sayegh F, et al. A novel locus for Usher syndrome type I, USH1G, maps to chromosome 17q24-25. Hum Genet. 2002;110:348-50 pubmed..The USH1G interval overlaps the intervals for two dominant forms of isolated hearing loss, namely DFNA20 and DFNA26...
- Chang K, Yang P, Lai H, Yeh T, Chen T, Yeh C. Identification of a novel actin isoform in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatol Res. 2006;36:33-9 pubmed..A novel class of actin isoforms was expressed in some hepatocellular carcinoma tissues, replacing beta-actins to become the major constituents of actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Rainger J, Williamson K, Soares D, Truch J, Kurian D, Gillessen Kaesbach G, et al. A recurrent de novo mutation in ACTG1 causes isolated ocular coloboma. Hum Mutat. 2017;38:942-946 pubmed publisher..Three of these genes encoded proteins associated with actin cytoskeleton dynamics: ACTG1, TWF1, and LCP1...
- Zhang Q, Li Y, Howard T. Human lymphocyte-specific protein 1, the protein overexpressed in neutrophil actin dysfunction with 47-kDa and 89-kDa protein abnormalities (NAD 47/89), has multiple F-actin binding domains. J Immunol. 2000;165:2052-8 pubmed..High KCl concentrations decrease full-length LSP1 binding to F-actin, suggesting the affinity between LSP1 and F-actin is mainly through electrostatic interaction. ..
- Krogstad P, Geng Y, Rey O, Canon J, Ibarrondo F, Ackerson B, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus nucleocapsid protein polymorphisms modulate the infectivity of RNA packaging mutants. Virology. 2002;294:282-8 pubmed..Conservative amino acid differences between HXB2 and NL4-3 NCs were sufficient to explain the difference in infectivity of viruses carrying the R10A and K11A mutations. ..
- Gammoh E, Mahmood N, Madan S, Ebrahim B, Mustafa F, Almawi W. Transcription Factor-7-Like 2 Gene Variants Affect the Metabolic Phenotypes of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Ann Nutr Metab. 2015;67:228-35 pubmed publisher..Four-locus (rs4506565-rs7903146, rs12243326, and rs12255372) haplotype analysis identified PCOS-susceptible (ACTG) and -protective (TTTG) haplotypes, which remained significant after controlling for multiple comparisons and for ..
- Bretscher A, Weber K. Villin is a major protein of the microvillus cytoskeleton which binds both G and F actin in a calcium-dependent manner. Cell. 1980;20:839-47 pubmed
- La Rosa A, Harrison L, Taiwo B, Wallis C, Zheng L, Kim P, et al. Raltegravir in second-line antiretroviral therapy in resource-limited settings (SELECT): a randomised, phase 3, non-inferiority study. Lancet HIV. 2016;3:e247-58 pubmed publisher..A5273 was a randomised, open-label, phase 3, non-inferiority study at 15 AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG) research sites in nine resource-limited countries (three sites each in India and South Africa, two each in Malawi ..
- Tomasselli A, Hui J, Adams L, Chosay J, Lowery D, Greenberg B, et al. Actin, troponin C, Alzheimer amyloid precursor protein and pro-interleukin 1 beta as substrates of the protease from human immunodeficiency virus. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:14548-53 pubmed
- Roof D, Hayes A, Adamian M, Chishti A, Li T. Molecular characterization of abLIM, a novel actin-binding and double zinc finger protein. J Cell Biol. 1997;138:575-88 pubmed..The developmental time course of abLIM expression in the retina suggests that the retina-specific isoform may have a specialized role in the development or elaboration of photoreceptor inner and outer segments. ..
- Meng X, Yin K, Wang J, Dong P, Liu L, Shen Y, et al. Effect of CYP2B6 Gene Polymorphisms on Efavirenz Plasma Concentrations in Chinese Patients with HIV Infection. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0130583 pubmed publisher..The frequencies of the five haplotypes (high to low) were as follows: CCTG (0.328), ACTG (0.280), ACCT (0.189), ATTG (0.186) and ACCG (0.017). The frequency of CCTG (0...
- Provost P, Doucet J, Hammarberg T, Gerisch G, Samuelsson B, Radmark O. 5-Lipoxygenase interacts with coactosin-like protein. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:16520-7 pubmed..Moreover, 5LO was found to interfere with actin polymerization. Our results indicate that the 5LO-CLP and CLP-F-actin interactions are mutually exclusive and suggest a modulatory role for 5LO in actin dynamics. ..
- Xiang Y, Zheng K, Ju H, Wang S, Pei Y, Ding W, et al. Cofilin 1-mediated biphasic F-actin dynamics of neuronal cells affect herpes simplex virus 1 infection and replication. J Virol. 2012;86:8440-51 pubmed publisher..These results may provide insight into the mechanism by which HSV-1 productively infects neuronal cells and causes pathogenesis. ..
- Kemerley A, Sloan C, Pfeifer W, Smith R, Drack A. A novel mutation in ACTG1 causing Baraitser-Winter syndrome with extremely variable expressivity in three generations. Ophthalmic Genet. 2017;38:152-156 pubmed publisher..This syndrome is caused by missense mutations in the genes ACTB or ACTG1, both of which encode for cytoplasmic actin proteins crucial for proper development of many organs in the human ..
- Celum C, Hong T, Cent A, Donnell D, Morrow R, Baeten J, et al. Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2 Acquisition Among HIV-1-Infected Adults Treated With Tenofovir Disoproxyl Fumarate as Part of Combination Antiretroviral Therapy: Results From the ACTG A5175 PEARLS Study. J Infect Dis. 2017;215:907-910 pubmed publisher..42 and 6.63 cases/100 person-years, respectively; hazard ratio, 0.89; 95% confidence interval, .55-1.44). HSV-2 acquisition was not reduced in HIV-infected, HSV-2-uninfected persons during TDF-containing ART. ..
- Luo H, Yao L, Zhang Y, Li R. Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry-based quantitative proteomics analysis reveals chondroprotective effects of astragaloside IV in interleukin-1Î²-induced SW1353 chondrocyte-like cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;91:796-802 pubmed publisher..Bioinformatics analysis revealed that gamma actin 1 (ACTG1) and Yes Associated Protein 1 (YAP1), participating in the Hippo signaling pathway and Vitronectin (VTN) and ..
- Miyoshi K, Honda A, Baba K, Taniguchi M, Oono K, Fujita T, et al. Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1, a candidate gene for schizophrenia, participates in neurite outgrowth. Mol Psychiatry. 2003;8:685-94 pubmed..As there is a high level of DISC1 expression in developing rat brain, dysfunction of DISC1 may confer susceptibility to psychiatric illnesses through abnormal development of the nervous system. ..
- Shoeman R, Kesselmier C, Mothes E, Höner B, Traub P. Non-viral cellular substrates for human immunodeficiency virus type 1 protease. FEBS Lett. 1991;278:199-203 pubmed
- Chou C, Davis R, Fuller M, Slovin J, Wong A, Wright J, et al. Gamma-actin: unusual mRNA 3'-untranslated sequence conservation and amino acid substitutions that may be cancer related. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1987;84:2575-9 pubmed..g., myc and simian virus 40 large tumor antigen) and growth factor/receptor/protein kinase-related (e.g., sis, erbB, and ras) types of oncogenes. ..
- Pedrotti B, Colombo R, Islam K. Microtubule associated protein MAP1A is an actin-binding and crosslinking protein. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 1994;29:110-6 pubmed..The widespread distribution of MAP1A and its interaction with microtubules, actin, and intermediate filaments suggests that it may constitute an important determinant of neuronal and non-neuronal cellular morphology. ..
- Andra K, Nikolic B, Stöcher M, Drenckhahn D, Wiche G. Not just scaffolding: plectin regulates actin dynamics in cultured cells. Genes Dev. 1998;12:3442-51 pubmed..These results reveal a novel role of plectin as regulator of cellular processes involving actin filament dynamics that goes beyond its proposed role in scaffolding and mechanical stabilization of cells. ..
- Touyz R, Yao G, Schiffrin E. Role of the actin cytoskeleton in angiotensin II signaling in human vascular smooth muscle cells. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2005;83:91-7 pubmed..Together, these studies suggest that the cytoskeleton may be a central point of crosstalk in growth- and redox-signaling pathways by Ang II, which may be important in the regulation of VSMC function. ..
- Danilewicz M, Wagrowska Danilewicz M. Immunohistochemical analysis of transforming growth factor beta-1 in AA and AL renal amyloidosis. Pol J Pathol. 2006;57:193-8 pubmed..In conclusion, our study suggests a role of transforming growth factor beta-1 in interstitial fibrotic changes in renal AA and AL amyloidosis and we hypothesize that myofibroblast pathway may be important in this process. ..
- Hearps A, Jans D. Regulating the functions of the HIV-1 matrix protein. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2007;23:341-6 pubmed..J Virol 2005;79:13028-13036) confirms the importance of this protein for HIV infection and highlights a potentially new avenue in multivalent drug therapy. ..
- Anand A, Zhao H, Nagaraja T, Robinson L, Ganju R. N-terminal Slit2 inhibits HIV-1 replication by regulating the actin cytoskeleton. Retrovirology. 2013;10:2 pubmed publisher..Our study, thus, provides insights into the role of Slit2N in HIV-1 infection and underscores its potential in limiting viral replication in T-cells...
- Hesterberg L, Weber K. Isolation of a domain of villin retaining calcium-dependent interaction with G-actin, but devoid of F-actin fragmenting activity. Eur J Biochem. 1986;154:135-40 pubmed
- Hawkins M, Pope B, Maciver S, Weeds A. Human actin depolymerizing factor mediates a pH-sensitive destruction of actin filaments. Biochemistry. 1993;32:9985-93 pubmed..By contrast, at pH values below 7, ADF binds to actin filaments in a highly cooperative manner and at a 1:1 ratio to filament subunits. When the pH is raised to 8.0, the decorated filaments are rapidly severed and depolymerized. ..
- Van Troys M, Dewitte D, Goethals M, Carlier M, Vandekerckhove J, Ampe C. The actin binding site of thymosin beta 4 mapped by mutational analysis. EMBO J. 1996;15:201-10 pubmed..The residues critical for contacting actin are conserved throughout the beta-thymosin family and in addition to this we identify a similar pattern in the C-terminal headpiece of villin and dematin. ..
- Gaucher J, Maugé C, Didry D, Guichard B, Renault L, Carlier M. Interactions of isolated C-terminal fragments of neural Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (N-WASP) with actin and Arp2/3 complex. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:34646-59 pubmed publisher..VCA·Arp2/3 binds one actin in a latrunculin A-sensitive fashion, in a 1:1:1 complex, indicating that binding of the second actin to VCA is weakened in the ternary complex. ..