Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ACSL4
Description: acyl-CoA synthetase long-chain family member 4
Alias: ACS4, FACL4, LACS4, MRX63, MRX68, long-chain-fatty-acid--CoA ligase 4, LACS 4, acyl-CoA synthetase 4, fatty-acid-Coenzyme A ligase, long-chain 4, lignoceroyl-CoA synthase, long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase 4, long-chain fatty-acid-Coenzyme A ligase 4
Publications138 found, 100 shown here
- Fatty acid CoA ligase 4 is up-regulated in colon adenocarcinomaY Cao
Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Cancer Res 61:8429-34. 2001..previous studies, we cloned a gene that encodes another arachidonic acid-using enzyme, fatty acid CoA ligase 4 (FACL4), and showed that overexpression of this enzyme prevents apoptosis...
- FACL4, encoding fatty acid-CoA ligase 4, is mutated in nonspecific X-linked mental retardationIlaria Meloni
Medical Genetics, Department of Molecular Biology, University of Siena, Italy
Nat Genet 30:436-40. 2002..Here we report the identification of two point mutations, one missense and one splice-site change, in the gene FACL4 in two families with nonspecific mental retardation...
- Fatty acid-CoA ligase 4 is overexpressed in human hepatocellular carcinomaYoung Kwan Sung
Department of Immunology, Kyungpook National University Medical School and Hospital, Daegu, 700 422, Korea
Cancer Sci 94:421-4. 2003Fatty acid-CoA ligase 4 (FACL4) is a central enzyme controlling the unesterified arachidonic acid (AA) level in cells...
- Involvement of fatty acid-CoA ligase 4 in hepatocellular carcinoma growth: roles of cyclic AMP and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinaseYu Chih Liang
School of Medical Technology, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:2557-63. 2005Fatty acid-CoA ligase 4 (FACL4) is an arachidonate-preferring enzyme which has been shown to be up-regulated in human colon cancer tissues and implicated in the colon tumorigenesis...
- Regulation of cell growth by fatty acid-CoA ligase 4 in human hepatocellular carcinoma cellsYoung Kwan Sung
Department of Immunology, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 700 422, Korea
Exp Mol Med 39:477-82. 2007Fatty acid-CoA ligase 4 (FACL4) is a central enzyme controlling the unesterified free arachidonic acid (AA) level in cells and the free AA is known to induce apoptosis...
- Functional interaction between acyl-CoA synthetase 4, lipooxygenases and cyclooxygenase-2 in the aggressive phenotype of breast cancer cellsPaula M Maloberti
Instituto de Investigaciones Moleculares de Enfermedades Hormonales Neurodegenerativas y Oncológicas, Department of Human Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
PLoS ONE 5:e15540. 2010The acyl-CoA synthetase 4 (ACSL4) is increased in breast cancer, colon and hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase 4 modulates prostaglandin E₂ release from human arterial smooth muscle cellsDeidre L Golej
Department of Pathology, Diabetes and Obesity Center of Excellence, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Lipid Res 52:782-93. 2011..Purified ACSL4 is an arachidonic acid (20:4)-preferring ACSL isoform, and ACSL4 is therefore a probable regulator of lipid ..
- Fine mapping of Xq11.1-q21.33 and mutation screening of RPS6KA6, ZNF711, ACSL4, DLG3, and IL1RAPL2 for autism spectrum disorders (ASD)Katri Kantojärvi
Department of Medical Genetics, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Autism Res 4:228-33. 2011..We also analyzed ACSL4 and DLG3, which have previously been known to cause XLMR and IL1RAPL2, a homologous gene for IL1RAPL1 that is ..
- The functional interaction between Acyl-CoA synthetase 4, 5-lipooxygenase and cyclooxygenase-2 controls tumor growth: a novel therapeutic targetUlises D Orlando
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Department of Human Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
PLoS ONE 7:e40794. 2012The acyl-CoA synthetase 4 (ACSL4), which esterify mainly arachidonic acid (AA) into acyl-CoA, is increased in breast, colon and hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids stimulate cellular fatty acid uptake in human placental choriocarcinoma (BeWo) cellsG M Johnsen
Department of Nutrition, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Placenta 30:1037-44. 2009..LCPUFAs and OA increased the gene expression of ADRP whilst decreased the expression of ASCL3, ACSL4, ACSL6, LPIN1, and FABP3 in these cells. However, LCPUFAs but not OA increased expression of ACSL1 and ACSL5...
- Mutagenesis of rat acyl-CoA synthetase 4 indicates amino acids that contribute to fatty acid bindingLori Stinnett
Department of Nutrition, 2301 Michael Hooker Research Center, Pittsboro St, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1771:119-25. 2007..acyl-CoA synthetases (ACSL) can bind saturated and unsaturated fatty acids ranging from 12 to 22 carbons, ACSL4 prefers longer chain polyunsaturated fatty acids...
- Expression of Long-chain Fatty Acyl-CoA Synthetase 4 in Breast and Prostate Cancers Is Associated with Sex Steroid Hormone Receptor NegativityMarie E Monaco
Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Transl Oncol 3:91-8. 2010..Our results indicate that the fatty acid-activating enzyme, long-chain fatty acyl-CoA synthetase 4 (ACSL4), is differentially expressed in human breast cancer as a function of estrogen receptor alpha (ER) status...
- RFLP analysis of 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase ACC2 and ACC4 genes from Polish cultivars of tomatoMałgorzata Jakubowicz
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Adam Mickiewicz University, Miedzychodzka 5, 60 371 Poznan, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 49:1037-42. 2002..ethylene synthesis in tomato is controlled mainly by 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase LE-ACS2 and LE-ACS4 isoenzymes (Rottmann et al., 1991, J. Mol. Biol. 222: 937; Lincoln et al., 1993, J. Biol. Chem...
- Down-regulation in muscle and liver lipogenic genes: EPA ethyl ester treatment in lean and overweight (high-fat-fed) ratsNerea Pérez-Echarri
Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, Physiology and Toxicology, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Nutr Biochem 20:705-14. 2009..On the other hand, no alterations in genes involved in beta-oxidation, such acetyl CoA synthase 4 (ACS4), acetyl CoA synthase 5 (ACS5) or acetyl CoA oxidase (ACO), were found in EPA-treated groups...
- Localization of human X chromosomal mental retardation (MRX) genes in chicken and comparison with the chicken genome sequence dataM Kohn
Department of Human Genetics, University Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Cytogenet Genome Res 108:342-7. 2005..TM4SF2, RSK2/RPS6KA3, NLGN4, ARX) map to GGA1q13-->q31, and seven genes from HSAXq (OPHN1, AGTR2, ARHGEF6, PAK3, FACL4/ACS4, FMR2, ATRX) to GGA4p. The gene-rich region of HSAXq28 proved to be much less conserved...
- Silencing the expression of mitochondrial acyl-CoA thioesterase I and acyl-CoA synthetase 4 inhibits hormone-induced steroidogenesisPaula Maloberti
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
FEBS J 272:1804-14. 2005..MTE-I) by antisense or small interfering RNA (siRNA) and of the arachidonic acid-preferring acyl-CoA synthetase (ACS4) by siRNA produced a marked reduction in steroid output of cAMP-stimulated Leydig cells...
- [Non-specific X-linked mental retardation]F Martínez-Castellano
Hospital Universitario La Fe, 46009 Valencia, Espana
Rev Neurol 42:S77-83. 2006..Genetic linkage studies showed it to have a high rate of genetic heterogeneity...
- Protein tyrosine phosphatases regulate arachidonic acid release, StAR induction and steroidogenesis acting on a hormone-dependent arachidonic acid-preferring acyl-CoA synthetaseFlorencia Cano
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Buenos Aires, Paraguay 2155, 5th, Buenos Aires C1121ABG, Argentina
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 99:197-202. 2006..mediated by protein tyrosine phosphatases (PTPs) and the release of arachidonic acid (AA) mediated by two enzymes, ACS4 (acyl-CoA synthetase 4) and Acot2 (mitochondrial thioesterase)...
- Rosiglitazone inhibits acyl-CoA synthetase activity and fatty acid partitioning to diacylglycerol and triacylglycerol via a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma-independent mechanism in human arterial smooth muscle cells and macrophagesBardia Askari
Department of Pathology, 1959 NE Pacific St, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195 7470, USA
Diabetes 56:1143-52. 2007..Because it is unknown if ACSL4 is expressed in vascular cells involved in atherosclerosis, we investigated the ability of rosiglitazone to ..
- Expression of ethylene biosynthetic and receptor genes in rose floral tissues during ethylene-enhanced flower openingJingqi Xue
Department of Ornamental Horticulture, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, China
J Exp Bot 59:2161-9. 2008..The expression of Rh-ACS2 and Rh-ACS3 was quickly induced by ethylene in gynoecia, but neither Rh-ACS1 nor Rh-ACS4 was induced by ethylene in any of the five tissues...
- Association between fatty acid compositions and genotypes of FABP4 and LXR-alpha in Japanese black cattleShogo Hoashi
Laboratory of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Kobe University, Nada, Kobe, Japan
BMC Genet 9:84. 2008..genes, adipocytes-type fatty acid binding protein (FABP4), liver X receptor alpha (LXRalpha), cytochrome b5 (Cyt b5), long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase (ACSL) 1, ACSL4 and diacylglycerol acyltransferase 2 (DGAT2) and fatty acid composition.
- Intellectual disability, midface hypoplasia, facial hypotonia, and Alport syndrome are associated with a deletion in Xq22.3Jayson D Rodriguez
JC Self Research Institute of Human Genetics, Greenwood Genetic Center, Greenwood, South Carolina, USA
Am J Med Genet A 152:713-7. 2010..3 including COL4A5 and ACSL4. We report on a family with two males with this disorder and a Xq22.3 deletion...
- Genetic variations of FACL4 have no obvious influence on cognitive ability in young Chinese childrenKejin Zhang
Key Laboratory of Resource Biology and Biotechnology in Western China Northwest University, Ministry of Education, College of Life Science, Institute of Population and Health, Northwest, University, Xi an, China
Psychiatry Res 178:202-4. 2010The influence of genetic variants of FACL4 on individual cognitive ability was examined in a random sample of 213 boys and 224 girls. Both conventional genetic methods and analysis of variance were applied in this study...
- Combined activity of LACS1 and LACS4 is required for proper pollen coat formation in ArabidopsisDirk Jessen
Albrecht von Haller Institute for Plant Sciences, Department of Plant Biochemistry, Georg August University, Goettingen, Germany
Plant J 68:715-26. 2011..Here, we report on the identification of lacs1 lacs4 double knock-out mutant lines that were conditionally sterile and showed significant reductions in pollen coat ..
- Long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase 4 is regulated by phosphorylationMaría Emilia Smith
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Buenos Aires, CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 430:272-7. 2013b>Long chain acyl CoA synthetase 4 (Acsl4) is a key enzyme in steroidogenesis. It participates in steroid synthesis through of arachidonic acid release and Steroidogenic Acute Regulatory protein (StAR) induction...
- Autophagosomes form at ER-mitochondria contact sitesMaho Hamasaki
Department of Genetics, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Nature 495:389-93. 2013..These results provide new insight into organelle biogenesis by demonstrating that the ER-mitochondria contact site is important in autophagosome formation...
- Melatonin promotes ripening and improves quality of tomato fruit during postharvest lifeQianqian Sun
College of Agriculture and Biotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
J Exp Bot 66:657-68. 2015..Alteration of ethylene production correlated with altered 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid (ACC) synthase (ACS4) expression...
- Global Transcriptomic Profiling of Cardiac Hypertrophy and Fatty Heart Induced by Long-Term High-Energy Diet in Bama Miniature PigsJihan Xia
State Key Laboratory of Animal Nutrition, Institute of Animal Sciences, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing, P R China
PLoS ONE 10:e0132420. 2015..RT-PCR assays identified several important differentially expressed heart-related genes, including STAT3, ACSL4, ATF4, FADD, PPP3CA, CD74, SLA-8, VCL, ACTN2 and FGFR1, which may be targets of further research...
- Inhibition of long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase 4 facilitates production of 5, 11-dihydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid via the cyclooxygenase-2 pathwayHiroshi Kuwata
Division of Health Chemistry, Department of Healthcare and Regulatory Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Showa University, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan Electronic address
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 465:528-33. 2015..Among ACSL enzymes, ACSL4 prefers arachidonic acid (AA) as a substrate and plays an important role in re-esterification of free AA...
- Abscisic Acid Antagonizes Ethylene Production through the ABI4-Mediated Transcriptional Repression of ACS4 and ACS8 in ArabidopsisZhijun Dong
College of Biological Sciences, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, China Plant Molecular Biology Department, Biotechnology Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing 100081, China National Key Facility of Crop Gene Resources and Genetic Improvement, Beijing 100081, China
Mol Plant 9:126-35. 2016..Further analyses showed that expression of the ethylene biosynthesis genes ACS4, ACS8, and ACO2 was significantly decreased in abi4-152 but increased in the knockout mutants, with partial ..
- The regulation of male fertility by the PTPN11 tyrosine phosphatasePawan Puri
Center for Research in Reproductive Physiology, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Magee Womens Research Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, United States Electronic address
Semin Cell Dev Biol 59:27-34. 2016..Finally, in Leydig cells, PTPN11 supports mitochondrial fusion and the expression of acyl-CoA synthetase (ACSL4) needed for the production of steroids including testosterone, which is required for fertility.
- Tumor-suppressive functions of long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase 4 in gastric cancerXiaojuan Ye
Department of Oncology, Shanghai East Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, Shanghai, 200120, China
IUBMB Life 68:320-7. 2016b>Long chain acyl CoA synthetase 4 (ACSL4) is a key enzyme in fatty acid metabolism with marked preference for arachidonic acid (AA). Recent reports have implicated its crucial roles in tumorigenesis...
- Acsl, the Drosophila ortholog of intellectual-disability-related ACSL4, inhibits synaptic growth by altered lipidsYan Huang
State Key Laboratory for Molecular and Developmental Biology, Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
J Cell Sci 129:4034-4045. 2016..Mutations in long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase 4 (ACSL4) are associated with non-syndromic intellectual disabilities...
- Breast cancer molecular subtypes: from TNBC to QNBCJane Date C Hon
Department of Pathology, Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Piscataway, NJ, USA
Am J Cancer Res 6:1864-1872. 2016..pathway proteins are preferentially expressed in QNBC that may serve as effective targets for treatment, such as ACSL4, SKP2 and EGFR...
- Identification and characterization of a highly conserved protein absent in the Alport syndrome (A), mental retardation (M), midface hypoplasia (M), and elliptocytosis (E) contiguous gene deletion syndrome (AMME)F Vitelli
Genetica Medica, Policlinico Le Scotte, Siena, Italy
Genomics 55:335-40. 1999..of the COL4A5 gene, no other genes are known in the region with the exception of our recent finding of the FACL4 gene...
- Up-regulation of fatty acid metabolizing-enzymes mRNA in rat spinal cord during persistent peripheral local inflammationA Benani
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, Unité Mixte de Recherche 7561 CNRS Université Henri Poincaré Nancy I, Faculte de Medecine, 54505 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Eur J Neurosci 18:1904-14. 2003..Similar spinal up-regulation of the isoforms ACS2, ACS3, ACS4, and of ACO was detected early after 30 min, reaching a maximal after 6 h post-injection...
- Genes involved in fatty acid partitioning and binding, lipolysis, monocyte/macrophage recruitment, and inflammation are overexpressed in the human fatty liver of insulin-resistant subjectsJukka Westerbacka
Department of Medicine, Division of Diabetes, University of Helsinki, P O Box 700, Room C418B, FIN 00029 HUCH, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetes 56:2759-65. 2007..The objective of this study is to quantitate expression of genes possibly contributing to insulin resistance and fat deposition in the human liver...
- The BTB ubiquitin ligases ETO1, EOL1 and EOL2 act collectively to regulate ethylene biosynthesis in Arabidopsis by controlling type-2 ACC synthase levelsMatthew J Christians
Department of Genetics, 425 G Henry Mall, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706 1574, USA
Plant J 57:332-45. 2009..Like ETO1, EOL1 interacts with type-2 ACSs (ACS4, ACS5 and ACS9), but not with type-1 or type-3 ACSs, or with type-2 ACS mutants that stabilize the corresponding ..
- Analyses of mental dysfunction-related ACSl4 in Drosophila reveal its requirement for Dpp/BMP production and visual wiring in the brainYi Zhang
Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Hum Mol Genet 18:3894-905. 2009..Mutations in ACSL4 are associated with non-syndromic X-linked mental retardation (MRX)...
- A combinatorial interplay among the 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate isoforms regulates ethylene biosynthesis in Arabidopsis thalianaAtsunari Tsuchisaka
Plant Gene Expression Center, Albany, California 94710, USA
Genetics 183:979-1003. 2009..understand the function of this important enzyme, we analyzed the entire family of nine ACS isoforms (ACS1, ACS2, ACS4-9, and ACS11) encoded in the Arabidopsis genome...
- Arabidopsis RING E3 ligase XBAT32 regulates lateral root production through its role in ethylene biosynthesisMadhulika E Prasad
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 4R2
Plant Physiol 153:1587-96. 2010..XBAT32 interacts with the ethylene biosynthesis enzymes AMINOCYCLOPROPANE-1-CARBOXYLIC ACID SYNTHASE4 (ACS4) and ACS7 in yeast-two-hybrid assays...
- Peroxisomal acyl-CoA synthetasesPaul A Watkins
Hugo W Moser Research Institute, Baltimore, MD, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1822:1411-20. 2012..synthetases encoded by the human and mouse genomes, only a few have been reported to be peroxisomal, including ACSL4, SLC27A2, and SLC27A4...
- Evaluation of the porcine ACSL4 gene as a candidate gene for meat quality traits in pigsJ Corominas
Departament de Ciencia Animal i dels Aliments, Facultat de Veterinaria, UAB, Bellaterra, 08193, Spain
Anim Genet 43:714-20. 2012..Previous studies in our group evaluated ACSL4 as a positional candidate gene for quantitative trait loci located on chromosome X in an Iberian × Landrace cross...
- Long chain fatty Acyl-CoA synthetase 4 is a biomarker for and mediator of hormone resistance in human breast cancerXinyu Wu
Department of Neuroscience and Physiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e77060. 2013The purpose of this study was to determine the role of long-chain fatty acyl-CoA synthetase 4 (ACSL4) in breast cancer...
- Arachidonic acid downregulates acyl-CoA synthetase 4 expression by promoting its ubiquitination and proteasomal degradationChin Fung Kelvin Kan
Department of Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304
J Lipid Res 55:1657-67. 2014b>ACSL4 is a member of the long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase (ACSL) family with a marked preference for arachidonic acid (AA) as its substrate...
- Distribution of H-FABP and ACSL4 gene polymorphisms and their associations with intramuscular fat content and backfat thickness in different pig populationsJ N Chen
College of Life Science, Sichuan Agricultural University, Ya an, China
Genet Mol Res 13:6759-72. 2014Here, we analyzed the distribution of H-FABP/(HinfI, MspI, and HaeIII) and ACSL4/RsaI polymorphisms, and the associations of these 4 polymorphic loci with intramuscular fat (IMF) content and backfat thickness (BFT) in Yanan, Jinhua, ..
- PPARδ activation induces hepatic long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase 4 expression in vivo and in vitroChin Fung Kelvin Kan
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, United States
Biochim Biophys Acta 1851:577-87. 2015The arachidonic acid preferred long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase 4 (ACSL4) is a key enzyme for fatty acid metabolism in various metabolic tissues...
- A novel 47.2 Mb duplication on chromosomal bands Xq21.1-25 associated with mental retardationZhijuan Jin
MOE Shanghai Key Laboratory of Children s Environmental Health, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200092, PR China Department of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, Shanghai Children s Medical Center, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200127, PR China
Gene 567:98-102. 2015..Ten genes (i.e., ZNF711, SRPX2, RAB40AL, MID2, ACSL4, PAK3, UBE2A, UPF3B, CUL4B, and GRIA3) in the duplication interval have been associated with mental retardation...
- Human Haploid Cell Genetics Reveals Roles for Lipid Metabolism Genes in Nonapoptotic Cell DeathScott J Dixon
Department of Biology, Stanford University, 337 Campus Drive, Stanford, California 94305, United States
ACS Chem Biol 10:1604-9. 2015..genes involved in small-molecule-induced nonapoptotic cell death, including mediators of fatty acid metabolism (ACSL4) and lipid remodeling (LPCAT3) in ferroptosis...
- Acyl-CoA synthetase-4, a new regulator of mTOR and a potential therapeutic target for enhanced estrogen receptor function in receptor-positive and -negative breast cancerUlises D Orlando
Biomedical Research Institute, INBIOMED, Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Buenos Aires, CABA, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oncotarget 6:42632-50. 2015Although the role of acyl-CoA synthetase 4 (ACSL4) in mediating an aggressive phenotype is well accepted, there is little evidence as to the early steps through which ACSL4 increases tumor growth and progression...
- Pinolenic Acid Downregulates Lipid Anabolic Pathway in HepG2 CellsAh Ron Lee
Department of Food and Nutrition, College of Human Ecology, Seoul National University, 1 Gwanak ro, Gwanak Gu, Seoul, 08826, Korea
Lipids 51:847-55. 2016..lipoprotein uptake (LDLr) and of genes that may be involved in the downregulation of the lipogenic pathway (ACSL3, ACSL4, and ACSL5) were determined by qPCR. LDLR protein levels were measured by Western blot analysis...
- Astrocyte arachidonate and palmitate uptake and metabolism is differentially modulated by dibutyryl-cAMP treatmentD R Seeger
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND 58203, USA
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 110:16-26. 2016..dBcAMP treatment increased expression of Acsl3 (4.8-fold) and Acsl4 (1...
- Transcription of TIR1-Controlled Genes Can be Regulated within 10 Min by an Auxin-Induced Process. Can TIR1 be the Receptor?Corinna Labusch
Abteilung Molekulare Ertragsphysiologie, Institut für Gartenbauliche Produktionssysteme, Leibniz Universität Hannover Hannover, Germany
Front Plant Sci 7:995. 2016..d6pkl1-1, d6pkl3-2, d6pkl1-1/d6pkl2-2, and d6pkl1-1/d6pkl3-2), of fatty acid metabolism (fad2-1, fad6-1, ssi2, lacs4, lacs9, and lacs4/lacs9) and receptors (tir1, tir1/afb2, and tir1/afb3) and compared them to the wild type...
- Identification of ACSL4 as a biomarker and contributor of ferroptosisHua Yuan
School of Nursing, Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin, 130021, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 478:1338-43. 2016..Here, we show that acyl-CoA synthetase long-chain family member 4 (ACSL4) is required for ferroptotic cancer cell death. Compared with ferroptosis-sensitive cells (e.g...
- Complementation analysis of mutants of 1-aminocyclopropane- 1-carboxylate synthase reveals the enzyme is a dimer with shared active sitesA S Tarun
Plant Gene Expression Center, Albany, California 94710, USA
J Biol Chem 273:12509-14. 1998..Furthermore, hybrid complementation shows that another tomato isoenzyme, Le-ACS4, can dimerize and that Le-ACS2 and Le-ACS4 have limited capacity for heterodimerization...
- Regulation by adrenocorticotropic hormone and arachidonate of the expression of acyl-CoA synthetase 4, an arachidonate-preferring enzyme expressed in steroidogenic tissuesY Y Cho
Tohoku University Gene Research Center, Tohoku University, Tsutsumidori Amamiya, Aoba, Sendai, 981 8555, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 274:741-5. 2000Acyl-CoA synthetase 4 (ACS4) is an arachidonate-preferring enzyme abundant in steroidogenic tissues...
- [Radiological progression of internal femoro-tibial osteoarthritis in gonarthrosis. Chondro-protective effect of chondroitin sulfates ACS4-ACS6]Pierre Mathieu
Service de rhumatologie du Pr Vignon, CH Lyon Sud, 165, Chemin du Grand Revoyet, 69495 Pierre Benite
Presse Med 31:1386-90. 2002To confirm the structure-modulating properties of ACS4-ACS6 in gonathrosis by measuring the modifications in minimum joint space width, the mean thickness and the mean surface of the cartilage in internal femorotibial function.
- Eicosapentaenoic acid-induced apoptosis depends on acyl CoA-synthetaseHilde Heimli
Institute for Nutrition Research, University of Oslo, Blindern, Oslo, Norway
Lipids 38:263-8. 2003..Several different approaches were tried to overexpress ACS4 in EPA-insensitive lymphoma cell lines, but we did not obtain viable cells with high expression of acyl-CoA ..
- Identification of major proteins in the lipid droplet-enriched fraction isolated from the human hepatocyte cell line HuH7Yasuyuki Fujimoto
Department of Molecular Pathology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Teikyo University, 1091 1 Suarashi, Sagamiko, Tsukui, Kanagawa 199 0195, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1644:47-59. 2004..These results suggest that a specific set of proteins is enriched in the lipid droplet-enriched fraction and that 17betaHSD11 localizes specifically in the fraction...
- Unique and overlapping expression patterns among the Arabidopsis 1-amino-cyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase gene family membersAtsunari Tsuchisaka
Plant Gene Expression Center, Albany, California 94710, USA
Plant Physiol 136:2982-3000. 2004..The Arabidopsis genome encodes nine ACS polypeptides that form eight functional (ACS2, ACS4-9, and ACS11) homodimers and one nonfunctional (ACS1) homodimer...
- Assignment of the acyl-CoA synthetase long-chain family member 4 (ACSL4) gene to porcine chromosome XA Mercade
Departament de Ciencia Animal i dels Aliments, Facultat de Veterinaria, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra 08193, Spain
Anim Genet 36:76. 2005
- Impaired expression of acyl-CoA synthetase 5 in sporadic colorectal adenocarcinomasNikolaus Gassler
Institute of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Pathol 207:295-300. 2005..Whilst an increase in ACS4 expression has been associated with colorectal carcinogenesis, little is known about possible pathogenetic ..
- X linked mental retardation: a clinical guideF L Raymond
Cambridge Institute of Medical Research, Department of Medical Genetics, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, CB2 2XY, UK
J Med Genet 43:193-200. 2006..relative prevalence of genes causing only non-syndromic mental retardation (IL1RAPL1, TM4SF2, ZNF41, FTSJ1, DLG3, FACL4, PAK3, ARHGEF6, FMR2, and GDI) is summarised...
- JNK deficiency enhances fatty acid utilization and diverts glucose from oxidation to glycogen storage in cultured myotubesRavi Vijayvargia
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:1701-9. 2010..increased NEFA utilization was coupled to increased expressions of selective NEFA handling genes including Cd36, Acsl4, and Chka, and enhanced palmitic acid (PA)-dependent suppression of acetyl-CoA carboxylase (Acc)...
- Hepatic gene expression of Caucasian and African-American patients with obesity-related non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseMaria Stepanova
Center for Liver Diseases at Inova Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church, VA 22042, USA
Obes Surg 20:640-50. 2010..The aim of this study is to assess differences in the hepatic gene expression of African-American and Caucasian patients with NAFLD who had undergone bariatric surgery...
- A novel TIP30 protein complex regulates EGF receptor signaling and endocytic degradationChengliang Zhang
Department of Biomedical and Integrative Physiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
J Biol Chem 286:9373-81. 2011..describe a protein complex consisting of TIP30, endophilin B1, and acyl-CoA synthetase long chain family member 4 (ACSL4) that interacts with Rab5a and regulates EGFR endocytosis and signaling...
- High ACSL5 transcript levels associate with systemic lupus erythematosus and apoptosis in Jurkat T lymphocytes and peripheral blood cellsAntonio Catalá-Rabasa
Department of Cell Biology and Immunology, Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina Lopez Neyra Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Granada, Spain
PLoS ONE 6:e28591. 2011..The aim of this work was to assess among the ACSL isoforms the involvement of ACSL2, ACSL4 and ACSL5 in SLE pathogenesis.
- Role of intramitochondrial arachidonic acid and acyl-CoA synthetase 4 in angiotensin II-regulated aldosterone synthesis in NCI-H295R adrenocortical cell linePablo G Mele
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Buenos Aires, Institute of Biomedical Investigations, UBA Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas, Paraguay 2155, 5 Floor, C1121ABG Buenos Aires, Argentina
Endocrinology 153:3284-94. 2012..We also demonstrate the role of protein tyrosine phosphatases regulating acyl-CoA synthetase 4 and steroidogenic acute regulatory protein induction, and hence ANG II-stimulated aldosterone synthesis...
- Characterization of the mouse promoter region of the acyl-CoA synthetase 4 gene: role of Sp1 and CREBUlises Orlando
Institute of Biomedical Investigations INBIOMED, Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Buenos Aires, National Research Council, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mol Cell Endocrinol 369:15-26. 2013Acyl-CoA synthetase 4 (Acsl4) is involved in several cellular functions including steroidogenesis, synaptic development and cancer metastasis...
- Xq22.3-q23 deletion including ACSL4 in a patient with intellectual disabilityAnastasia Gazou
Institute of Medical Genetics and Applied Genomics, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Am J Med Genet A 161:860-4. 2013Mutations or deletions of ACSL4 (FACL4, OMIM 300157) are a rare cause of non-syndromic X-linked intellectual disability...
- Fine mapping of fatness QTL on porcine chromosome X and analyses of three positional candidate genesJunwu Ma
INRA, UMR444 Laboratoire de Génétique Cellulaire, Castanet Tolosan F 31326, France
BMC Genet 14:46. 2013..White Duroc × Erhualian constructed by INRA and JXAU respectively) and furthermore, to determine whether these QTL are caused by mutations in three positional candidate genes (ACSL4, SERPINA7 and IRS4) involved in lipid biosynthesis.
- Diminished acyl-CoA synthetase isoform 4 activity in INS 832/13 cells reduces cellular epoxyeicosatrienoic acid levels and results in impaired glucose-stimulated insulin secretionEric L Klett
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7172, USA
J Biol Chem 288:21618-29. 2013..Because the predominantly expressed Acsl isoforms in INS 832/13 cells are Acsl4 and -5, we characterized the role of these Acsls in beta-cell function by using siRNA to knock down Acsl4 or Acsl5...
- miRNA expression is modulated over time after focal ischaemia: up-regulation of miR-347 promotes neuronal apoptosisCarme Gubern
Grup de Recerca Cerebrovascular, Servei de Neurologia, Institut d Investigació Biomèdica de Girona Dr Josep Trueta, Hospital Universitari de Girona, Spain
FEBS J 280:6233-46. 2013..Analysis of four of these targets (Acsl4, Arf3, Btg2 and Dpysl5) showed them to be differentially regulated by ischaemia at the transcriptional or post-..
- The Arabidopsis RING-type E3 ligase XBAT32 mediates the proteasomal degradation of the ethylene biosynthetic enzyme, 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase 7Wendy J Lyzenga
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax NS B3H 4R2, Canada
Plant J 71:23-34. 2012..work has suggested that XBAT32 modulates ethylene production by ubiquitinating two ethylene biosynthesis enzymes, ACS4 (type-II isoform) and ACS7 (type-III isoform)...
- A novel role of brain-type ACS4 isotype in neuronal differentiationYong Yeon Cho
College of Pharmacy, The Catholic University of Korea, Jibong ro, Wonmi gu, Bucheon si, Gyeonggi Do, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 419:505-10. 2012Acyl-CoA synthetase (ACS4) is an arachidonate preferring acyl-CoA synthetase and has been shown to play an important role in lipid metabolism...
- ACS4, a primary indoleacetic acid-responsive gene encoding 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase in Arabidopsis thaliana. Structural characterization, expression in Escherichia coli, and expression characteristics in response to auxin [corrected]S Abel
Plant Gene Expression Center, Albany, California 94710, USA
J Biol Chem 270:19093-9. 1995..A., Shen,N. N.F., and Theologis, A. (1992) Poc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 89, 11046-11050). In etiolated seedlings, ACS4 is specifically induced by indoleacetic acid (IAA)...
- Characterization of three members of the ACC synthase gene family in Solanum tuberosum LL J Destéfano-Beltrán
Laboratorium voor Genetica, Universiteit Gent, Belgium
Mol Gen Genet 246:496-508. 1995..gene in potato, ST-ACS2, was found in a 4 kb region and shows a gene structure similar to that of the tomato LE-ACS4 gene and to the mung bean VR-ACS4 and VR-ACS5 genes...
- LE-ACS4, a fruit ripening and wound-induced 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase gene of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum). Expression in Escherichia coli, structural characterization, expression characteristics, and phylogenetic analysisJ E Lincoln
Plant Gene Expression Center, Albany, California 94710
J Biol Chem 268:19422-30. 1993..Campbell, A. D., and Theologis, A. (1991) J. Mol. Biol. 222, 937-961). Two members of the family, LE-ACS2 and LE-ACS4, are induced during fruit ripening and upon treatment of mature green fruits with exogenous ethylene (C2H4) in a ..
- A novel arachidonate-preferring acyl-CoA synthetase is present in steroidogenic cells of the rat adrenal, ovary, and testisM J Kang
Tohoku University Gene Research Center, School of Medicine, Tohoku University, Aoba, Sendai, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:2880-4. 1997..This newly identified ACS (designated ACS4) contains 670 amino acids and is 68% identical to rat ACS3, a previously characterized ACS that is highly expressed ..
- Differential induction of seven 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase genes by elicitor in suspension cultures of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum)J H Oetiker
Department of Vegetable Crops, University of California at Davis 95616, USA
Plant Mol Biol 34:275-86. 1997..In contrast, the genes LE-ACS1B, LE-ACS3 and LE-ACS4 were constitutively expressed and LE-ACS1B was present at all times at a particularly high level...
- Alport syndrome, mental retardation, midface hypoplasia, and elliptocytosis: a new X linked contiguous gene deletion syndrome?J J Jonsson
Department of Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8005, USA
J Med Genet 35:273-8. 1998....
- Differential expression and internal feedback regulation of 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase, 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate oxidase, and ethylene receptor genes in tomato fruit during development and ripeningA Nakatsuka
Laboratory of Postharvest Agriculture, Faculty of Agriculture, Okayama University, Tsushima, Okayama, 700 8530 Japan
Plant Physiol 118:1295-305. 1998..The abundance of LE-ACS2, LE-ACS4, and NR mRNAs increased in the ripening fruit concomitant with a burst in ethylene production...
- Roles of PLC-beta2 and -beta3 and PI3Kgamma in chemoattractant-mediated signal transductionZ Li
Department of Pharmacology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Science 287:1046-9. 2000..The PLC pathways also appear to inhibit the chemotactic activity induced by certain chemoattractants and to suppress TI-IglambdaL production...
- Expression of fatty acid-CoA ligase 4 during development and in brainY Cao
Huntsman Cancer Institute, 2000 Circle of Hope, Suite 5360, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
FEBS Lett 467:263-7. 2000..We have cloned previously the human long-chain fatty acid-CoA ligase 4 (FACL4), which is a central enzyme in controlling the free arachidonic acid level in cells and thereby regulating ..
- Identification and characterization of mouse orthologs of the AMMECR1 and FACL4 genes deleted in AMME syndrome: orthology of Xq22.3 and MmuXF1-F3F Vitelli
Genetica Medica, Dipartimento Biologia Molecolare, Universita di Siena, Italy
Cytogenet Cell Genet 88:259-63. 2000..3, comprising several genes including COL4A5, FACL4 and AMMECR1...
- Expression and characterization of recombinant rat Acyl-CoA synthetases 1, 4, and 5. Selective inhibition by triacsin C and thiazolidinedionesJ H Kim
Departments of Nutrition and Pediatrics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7400, USA
J Biol Chem 276:24667-73. 2001..In order to test this hypothesis, we cloned and purified rat ACS1, ACS4, and ACS5, the isoforms present in liver and fat cells, expressed the isoforms as ACS-Flag fusion proteins in ..
- Acyl-CoA synthetase isoforms 1, 4, and 5 are present in different subcellular membranes in rat liver and can be inhibited independentlyT M Lewin
Departments of Nutrition and Pediatrics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 276:24674-9. 2001..these isoforms were regulated independently, non-cross-reacting peptide antibodies were raised against ACS1, ACS4, and ACS5...
- Abnormal uterus with polycysts, accumulation of uterine prostaglandins, and reduced fertility in mice heterozygous for acyl-CoA synthetase 4 deficiencyY Y Cho
Tohoku University Gene Research Center, Sendai, 981 8555, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 284:993-7. 2001..b>ACS4 is an arachidonate-preferring enzyme abundant in steroidogenic tissues and postulated to modulate eicosanoid ..
- Rat liver acyl-CoA synthetase 4 is a peripheral-membrane protein located in two distinct subcellular organelles, peroxisomes, and mitochondrial-associated membraneTal M Lewin
Department of Nutrition and Pediatrics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 404:263-70. 2002..Therefore, we examined the subcellular location of ACS1, ACS4, and ACS5 in rat liver to determine which isoform was present in peroxisomes, whether the ACSs were intrinsic ..
- Do long-chain acyl-CoA synthetases regulate fatty acid entry into synthetic versus degradative pathways?Rosalind A Coleman
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 27599 7461, USA
J Nutr 132:2123-6. 2002..b>ACS4 may provide acyl-CoA for both synthesis and peroxisomal oxidation, depending on whether the enzyme is associated ..
- [A new mechanism of action of chondroitin sulfates ACS4-ACS6 in osteoarthritic cartilage]Pierre Mathieu
Service de rhumatologie du Pr Vignon, CH Lyon Sud, 165, Chemin du Grand Revoyet, 69495 Pierre Benite
Presse Med 31:1383-5. 2002THE MECHANISMS OF ACTION ALREADY KNOWN: In vitro, chondroïtin sulfate ACS4-ACS6 have a dose-dependent inhibiting effect on the catabolism of proteoglycanes and collagen...
- A third MRX family (MRX68) is the result of mutation in the long chain fatty acid-CoA ligase 4 (FACL4) gene: proposal of a rapid enzymatic assay for screening mentally retarded patientsI Longo
Medical Genetics, Department of Molecular Biology, University of Siena, Italy
J Med Genet 40:11-7. 2003The gene encoding fatty acid CoA ligase 4 (FACL4) is mutated in families with non-specific X linked mental retardation (MRX) and is responsible for cognitive impairment in the contiguous gene syndrome ATS-MR (Alport syndrome and mental ..
- [Monogenic causes of nonspecific X-linked mental retardation molecular aspects]Magdalena Nawara
Zaklad Genetyki Medycznej, Instytut Matki i Dziecka, Kasprzaka 17a, 01 211 Warszawa, Poland
Med Wieku Rozwoj 6:281-94. 2002..mental retardation have been identified so far, including FMR2, GDI1, OPHN1, PAK3, ARHGEF6, IL1RAPL, TM4SF2, and FACL4. Four other MECP2, RSK2, ARX, ATR-X are involved in syndromic and nonspecific forms of MR...
- Glypican-3 is overexpressed in human hepatocellular carcinomaYoung Kwan Sung
Department of Immunology, Kyungpook National University Medical School, Chung gu, Daegu, Republic of Korea
Cancer Sci 94:259-62. 2003..We also found that GPC3 is secreted into culture media from cell lines derived from HCC. We conclude that GPC3 is a good molecular marker for HCC...
- Localization of a non-syndromic X-linked mental retardation gene (MRX80) to Xq22-q24Lucie Verot
Center for Molecular and Cellular Genetics, University Lyon I, Villeurbanne, France
Am J Med Genet A 122:37-41. 2003..mental retardation (NSMR), namely the PAK3 gene, encoding a p21-activated kinase (MRX30 and MRX47) and the FACL4 gene encoding a fatty acyl-CoA ligase (MRX63)...
- Heterodimeric interactions among the 1-amino-cyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase polypeptides encoded by the Arabidopsis gene familyAtsunari Tsuchisaka
Plant Gene Expression Center, 800 Buchanan Street, Albany, CA 94710, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:2275-80. 2004..The Arabidopsis genome encodes nine ACS polypeptides that form eight functional (ACS2, ACS4-9, ACS11) and one nonfunctional (ACS1) homodimers...
- Association of a long-chain fatty acid-CoA ligase 4 gene polymorphism with depression and with enhanced niacin-induced dermal erythemaJonathan Covault
Department of Psychiatry, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 2103, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 127:42-7. 2004..Long-chain fatty acid-CoA ligase type 4 (FACL4; MIM 300157) is a key enzyme involved in the metabolism of AA, EPA, and DHA...
- The role of long-chain fatty-acid-CoA ligase 3 in vitamin D3 and androgen control of prostate cancer LNCaP cell growthShengjun Qiao
Department of Anatomy, Medical School, University of Tampere, 33014, Tampere, Finland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 319:358-68. 2004..1alpha,25(OH)(2)D(3) had no significant effect on the expression of FACL1(FACL2), FACL4 and FACL6 except for its downregulation of FACL5 at 24 and 48h by around twofold...
- Revised nomenclature for the mammalian long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase gene familyDouglas G Mashek
Departments of Nutrition and Pediatrics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Lipid Res 45:1958-61. 2004..Splice variants of ACSL3, -4, -5, and -6 are cataloged. Suggestions for naming other family members and for the nonmammalian acyl-CoA synthetases are made...
- Characterization of recombinant long-chain rat acyl-CoA synthetase isoforms 3 and 6: identification of a novel variant of isoform 6Cynthia G Van Horn
Department of Nutrition, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Biochemistry 44:1635-42. 2005..The three recombinant proteins were characterized. Compared to ACSL4, another brain isoform, ACSL3, ACSL6_v1, and ACSL6_v2 showed similarities in kinetic values for CoA, palmitate, ..
- Non-syndromic X-linked mental retardation: from a molecular to a clinical point of viewA Renieri
Medical Genetics, Department of Molecular Biology, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
J Cell Physiol 204:8-20. 2005..The function of four proteins (ACSL4, AT2, SLC6A8, and SAP102) could not be reconciled to a common pathway...
- ROSALIND ANNE COLEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2015..further hypothesize, in keeping with the proposition that each ACSL directs FA towards a specific fate, that the ACSL4 isoform functions to regulate the entry of arachidonate into pathways of phospholipid synthesis versus eicosanoid ..
- Eric Klett; Fiscal Year: 2014..1, the PI will selectively knockdown the expression and therefore function of long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase 4 (ACSL4) in mouse islets using adenoviral RNAi technology and examine the effect of the knockdown on GSIS and islet lipid ..
- Jingwen Liu; Fiscal Year: 2015..Long-chain acyl-CoAs are formed by a family of five acyl-CoA synthetases (ACSL1, ACSL3, ACSL4, ACSL5, and ACSL-6)...
- Reprogramming of X-linked genes by nuclear transferX Tian; Fiscal Year: 2003..These genes include MAOA, XIST. ELF4, FACL4; PLP1, PPEF1, SYP, SYNl, BGN, and TBLl...
- Brain Uptake and Utilization of Fatty Acids and LipidsPaul Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2004..Mol. Neurosci., which has committed to publish the proceedings of the proposed meeting. ..
- XALD: Role of Very Long Chain Fatty Acyl-CoA SynthetasesPaul Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, they will facilitate elucidation of the role of enzymes belonging to the VLACS or BG families in XALD. [unreadable] [unreadable]..