Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ACOT12
Description: acyl-CoA thioesterase 12
Alias: CACH-1, Cach, STARD15, THEAL, acyl-coenzyme A thioesterase 12, START domain-containing protein 15, StAR-related lipid transfer (START) domain containing 15, acyl-CoA thioester hydrolase 12, cytoplasmic acetyl-CoA hydrolase 1, cytosolic acetyl-CoA hydrolase, hCACH-1
- Suematsu N, Okamoto K, Isohashi F. Simple and unique purification by size-exclusion chromatography for an oligomeric enzyme, rat liver cytosolic acetyl-coenzyme A hydrolase. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2003;790:239-44 pubmed..33), allowing us to purify the enzyme in high purity. This strategy provides an excellent model for purifying many other oligomeric proteins including key enzymes or allosteric enzymes regulating metabolism. ..
- Suematsu N, Isohashi F. Molecular cloning and functional expression of human cytosolic acetyl-CoA hydrolase. Acta Biochim Pol. 2006;53:553-61 pubmedA cDNA encoding human cytosolic acetyl-CoA hydrolase (CACH) was isolated from a human liver cDNA library, sequenced and functionally expressed in insect cells. The human CACH cDNA encodes a 555-amino-acid sequence that is 81.4%/78...
- Ludwig K, Mangold E, Herms S, Nowak S, Reutter H, Paul A, et al. Genome-wide meta-analyses of nonsyndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palate identify six new risk loci. Nat Genet. 2012;44:968-71 pubmed publisher..51 × 10(-11); homozygote relative risk = 2.41, 95% confidence interval (CI) 1.84-3.16). ..
- Suematsu N, Okamoto K, Shibata K, Nakanishi Y, Isohashi F. Molecular cloning and functional expression of rat liver cytosolic acetyl-CoA hydrolase. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:2700-9 pubmedA cytosolic acetyl-CoA hydrolase (CACH) was purified from rat liver to homogeneity by a new method using Triton X-100 as a stabilizer...
- Steinbacher M, Pfleger A, Schwantzer G, Jauk S, Weinhandl E, Eber E. Small airway function before and after cold dry air challenge in pediatric asthma patients during remission. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2017;52:873-879 pubmed publisherWe wanted to compare cold dry air challenge (CACh) induced changes in spirometric parameters with changes in nitrogen multiple breath washout (N2 MBW) parameters in pediatric asthma patients during clinical remission over the ..
- Notarnicola A, Maccagnano G, Rifino F, Pesce V, Gallone M, Covelli I, et al. Short-term effect of shockwave therapy, temperature controlled high energy adjustable multi-mode emission laser or stretching in Dupuytren’s disease: a prospective randomized clinical trial. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2017;31:775-784 pubmed..SW) and high energy laser therapy [Temperature controlled High Energy Adjustable multi-mode emission Laser (THEAL)]. We recruited 45 patients, 32 males and 13 females (average age 63...
- Khandokar Y, Srivastava P, Cowieson N, Sarker S, Aragao D, Das S, et al. Structural insights into GDP-mediated regulation of a bacterial acyl-CoA thioesterase. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:20461-20471 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of a bacterial GDP-regulated thioesterase and of covalent linkage of thioesterase domains through a disulfide bond, revealing structural similarities with ADP regulation in the human ACOT12 thioesterase.