Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ACE2
Description: angiotensin I converting enzyme 2
Alias: ACEH, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2, ACE-related carboxypeptidase, angiotensin I converting enzyme (peptidyl-dipeptidase A) 2, angiotensin-converting enzyme homolog, metalloprotease MPROT15, peptidyl-dipeptidase A
Publications253 found, 100 shown here
- A novel angiotensin-converting enzyme-related carboxypeptidase (ACE2) converts angiotensin I to angiotensin 1-9M Donoghue
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Circ Res 87:E1-9. 2000b>ACE2, the first known human homologue of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), was identified from 5' sequencing of a human heart failure ventricle cDNA library...
- Polymorphisms of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 gene associated with magnitude of left ventricular hypertrophy in male patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathyShu xia Wang
Department of Cardiology, Fuwai Hospital and Cardiovascular Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100037, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 121:27-31. 2008..Modifier genes may contribute to the diversity. Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) gene has been established to be associated with parameters of left ventricular hypertrophy in community based male ..
- Pathology of experimental SARS coronavirus infection in cats and ferretsJ M A van den Brand
Department of Virology, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015 GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Vet Pathol 45:551-62. 2008..infection in cats and ferrets is poorly described, and the distribution of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), a receptor for SARS-CoV, in the respiratory tracts of these species is unknown...
- Rhesus angiotensin converting enzyme 2 supports entry of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus in Chinese macaquesYunxin Chen
Institute of Laboratory Animal Science, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, No 5, Panjiayuan, Nanli, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
Virology 381:89-97. 2008b>Angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) is the receptor that severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) utilizes for target cell entry and, therefore, plays an important role in SARS pathogenesis...
- Binding of SARS coronavirus to its receptor damages islets and causes acute diabetesJin Kui Yang
Department of Endocrinology, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital Medical University, China
Acta Diabetol 47:193-9. 2010..was to determine whether the damage was correlated with expression of the SARS coronavirus receptor, angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), in different organs, especially in the endocrine tissues of the pancreas, and to elucidate ..
- A human homolog of angiotensin-converting enzyme. Cloning and functional expression as a captopril-insensitive carboxypeptidaseS R Tipnis
Proteolysis Research Group, School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 275:33238-43. 2000..This metalloprotease (angiotensin-converting enzyme homolog (ACEH)) contains a single HEXXH zinc-binding domain and conserves other critical residues typical of the ACE family...
- Hydrolysis of biological peptides by human angiotensin-converting enzyme-related carboxypeptidaseChad Vickers
Department of Metabolic Disease, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Biol Chem 277:14838-43. 2002Human angiotensin-converting enzyme-related carboxypeptidase (ACE2) is a zinc metalloprotease whose closest homolog is angiotensin I-converting enzyme...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 is an essential regulator of heart functionMichael A Crackower
Amgen Research Institute Ontario Cancer Institute and Department of Medical Biophysics and Immunology, University of Toronto, University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
Nature 417:822-8. 2002..Here we show that angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ace2) maps to a defined quantitative trait locus (QTL) on the X chromosome in three different rat models of hypertension...
- Quantitative mRNA expression profiling of ACE 2, a novel homologue of angiotensin converting enzymeDan Harmer
Pharmagene Laboratories Ltd, 2 Orchard Rd, Royston, Hertfordshire SG8 5HD, UK
FEBS Lett 532:107-10. 2002..Therefore, in probing the functional significance of this novel peptidase, some consideration should be given to a role in gastrointestinal physiology and pathophysiology...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 is a functional receptor for the SARS coronavirusWenhui Li
Partners AIDS Research Center, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Department of Medicine Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 426:450-4. 2003..Here we identify a metallopeptidase, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), isolated from SARS coronavirus (SARS-CoV)-permissive Vero E6 cells, that efficiently binds the S1 domain of the ..
- ACE2 X-ray structures reveal a large hinge-bending motion important for inhibitor binding and catalysisPaul Towler
Drug Discovery and Protein Sciences, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Incorporated, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Biol Chem 279:17996-8007. 2004The angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE)-related carboxypeptidase, ACE2, is a type I integral membrane protein of 805 amino acids that contains one HEXXH + E zinc-binding consensus sequence...
- ACE2 gene expression is up-regulated in the human failing heartAndrew B Goulter
Pharmagene Laboratories, 2 Orchard Road, Royston, Hertfordshire, UK, SG8 5HD
BMC Med 2:19. 2004b>ACE2 is a novel homologue of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE). ACE2 is highly expressed in human heart and animal data suggest that ACE2 is an essential regulator of cardiac function in vivo...
- No association of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 gene (ACE2) polymorphisms with essential hypertensionAdam V Benjafield
Basic Clinical Genomics Laboratory, School of Medical Sciences and Institute for Biomedical Research, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Am J Hypertens 17:624-8. 2004..in mice and rats led us to conduct the first investigation of the novel angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 gene (ACE2) in human hypertension (HT)...
- Evaluation of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), its homologue ACE2 and neprilysin in angiotensin peptide metabolismGillian I Rice
Proteolysis Research Group, School of Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Biochem J 383:45-51. 2004..angiotensin peptide cleavage by full-length human ACE, the separate N- and C-domains of ACE, the homologue of ACE, ACE2, and NEP (neprilysin)...
- Myocardial infarction increases ACE2 expression in rat and humansLouise M Burrell
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Austin Health, Repatriation Heidelberg Hospital, Heidelberg 3081, Victoria, Australia
Eur Heart J 26:369-75; discussion 322-4. 2005..b>ACE2 deficiency impairs cardiac contractility and upregulates hypoxia-induced genes, suggesting a link with myocardial ..
- Human coronavirus NL63 employs the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus receptor for cellular entryHeike Hofmann
Institute for Clinical and Molecular Virology and Nikolaus Fiebiger Center, University Erlangen Nurnberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:7988-93. 2005..revealed that NL63-S binds angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) 2, the receptor for SARS-CoV, and HCoV-NL63 uses ACE2 as a receptor for infection of target cells...
- Advances in biochemical and functional roles of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 and angiotensin-(1-7) in regulation of cardiovascular functionCarlos M Ferrario
Hypertension and Vascular Disease Center, Wake Forest Univ School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H2281-90. 2005Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) is the first human homologue of ACE to be described...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), but not ACE, is preferentially localized to the apical surface of polarized kidney cellsFiona J Warner
Proteolysis Research Group, School of Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 280:39353-62. 2005Angiotensin-converting enzyme-2 (ACE2) is a homologue of angiotensin-I converting enzyme (ACE), the central enzyme of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS)...
- Structure of SARS coronavirus spike receptor-binding domain complexed with receptorFang Li
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School and Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, 320 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 309:1864-8. 2005..S) of SARS coronavirus (SARS-CoV) attaches the virus to its cellular receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2). A defined receptor-binding domain (RBD) on S mediates this interaction. The crystal structure at 2...
- Association of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 gene A/G polymorphism and elevated blood pressure in Chinese patients with metabolic syndromeJian Zhong
Center for Hypertension and Metabolic Diseases, Department of Hypertension and Endocrinology, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, P R China
J Lab Clin Med 147:91-5. 2006To establish whether angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) gene A/G single nucleotide polymorphism is associated with hypertension in Chinese patients with metabolic syndrome...
- Association of ACE, ACE2 and UTS2 polymorphisms with essential hypertension in Han and Dongxiang populations from north-western ChinaL Yi
School of Life Science, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou City, Gansu Province, China
J Int Med Res 34:272-83. 2006..of polymorphisms of the genes for angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) and urotensin II (UTS2) as risk factors for essential hypertension in two populations from north-western China, we ..
- ACE2: a new target for cardiovascular disease therapeuticsMohan K Raizada
Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 50:112-9. 2007The discovery of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) in 2000 is an important event in the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) story...
- Calmodulin interacts with angiotensin-converting enzyme-2 (ACE2) and inhibits shedding of its ectodomainDaniel W Lambert
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
FEBS Lett 582:385-90. 2008Angiotensin-converting enzyme-2 (ACE2) is a regulatory protein of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) and a receptor for the causative agent of severe-acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), the SARS-coronavirus...
- Functional angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 is expressed in human cardiac myofibroblastsJodie L Guy
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Exp Physiol 93:579-88. 2008..Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) and angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) are key players in the RAS and act antagonistically to regulate the levels of angiotensin II...
- Modulation of TNF-alpha-converting enzyme by the spike protein of SARS-CoV and ACE2 induces TNF-alpha production and facilitates viral entryShiori Haga
Department of Intractable Diseases, International Medical Center of Japan, 162 8655 Tokyo, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:7809-14. 2008..the proposed model of respiratory failure, SARS-CoV down-regulates its receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), but the mechanism involved is unknown...
- Soluble angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 in human heart failure: relation with myocardial function and clinical outcomesSlava Epelman
Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
J Card Fail 15:565-71. 2009Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) is an endogenous counterregulator of the renin-angiotensin system...
- Human recombinant ACE2 reduces the progression of diabetic nephropathyGavin Y Oudit
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Diabetes 59:529-38. 2010Diabetic nephropathy is one of the most common causes of end-stage renal failure. Inhibition of ACE2 function accelerates diabetic kidney injury, whereas renal ACE2 is downregulated in diabetic nephropathy...
- Urinary angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 in patients with CKDSonoo Mizuiri
Department of Nephrology, Toho University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Nephrology (Carlton) 16:567-72. 2011Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) is a type I membrane protein that antagonizes the action of angiotensin II. Because of the need for invasive kidney biopsy, little is known about the role of renal ACE2 in human kidney diseases...
- Association of ACE2 genetic variants with blood pressure, left ventricular mass, and cardiac function in Caucasians with type 2 diabetesSheila K Patel
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Austin Health, Victoria, Australia
Am J Hypertens 25:216-22. 2012..Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE)2 is a recently described member of the RAS, and this study investigated whether ACE2 polymorphisms are associated with hypertension, left ventricular (LV) mass, and cardiac function in type 2 diabetes.
- Circulating ACE2 activity is increased in patients with type 1 diabetes and vascular complicationsAino Soro-Paavonen
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, and Folkhälsan Research Center, Helsinki, Finland
J Hypertens 30:375-83. 2012Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) is a homolog of ACE that counterbalances the actions of angiotensin (AT)II and promotes vasodilatation. Circulating ACE2 activity is increased in diabetes in experimental models...
- ACE2 gene polymorphism and essential hypertension: an updated meta-analysis involving 11,051 subjectsNa Lu
Department of Cardiology, Bethune First Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 39:6581-9. 2012The polymorphisms of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) gene have been suggested to be linked to increase risk of essential hypertension in multiple populations. However, the results are still debatable...
- ACE2: from vasopeptidase to SARS virus receptorAnthony J Turner
School of Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Trends Pharmacol Sci 25:291-4. 2004The zinc metallopeptidase angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) is the only known human homologue of the key regulator of blood pressure angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE)...
- Interaction of ACE2 and integrin beta1 in failing human heartQishan Lin
The Center for Functional Genomics, Proteomics Core Facility, University at Albany, Rensselaer, NY, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1689:175-8. 2004b>ACE2 purified from failing human heart was found to form a complex with integrin beta1 by immunoprecipitation, Western blotting, activity assay, and ESI tandem mass spectroscopy. The ACE2/integrin complex showed a Km of 6...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha convertase (ADAM17) mediates regulated ectodomain shedding of the severe-acute respiratory syndrome-coronavirus (SARS-CoV) receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme-2 (ACE2)Daniel W Lambert
Proteolysis Research Group, School of Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 280:30113-9. 2005Angiotensin-converting enzyme-2 (ACE2) is a critical regulator of heart function and a cellular receptor for the causative agent of severe-acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), SARS-CoV (coronavirus)...
- [Association of angiotensin I converting enzyme 2 gene polymorphism with essential hypertension in Chinese]Tong bao Liu
Department of Cardiology, Shandong Provincial Hospital, Jinan, Shandong, PR China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 22:569-71. 2005To identify the genetic variants of angiotensin I converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) gene in a Chinese population and to determine whether the ACE2 gene polymorphisms are associated with essential hypertension (EH).
- Association of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) gene polymorphisms with parameters of left ventricular hypertrophy in men. Results of the MONICA Augsburg echocardiographic substudyWolfgang Lieb
Medizinische Klinik II, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 84:88-96. 2006..Recently, a second ACE, named ACE2, has been identified...
- Highly conserved regions within the spike proteins of human coronaviruses 229E and NL63 determine recognition of their respective cellular receptorsHeike Hofmann
Institute for Clinical and Molecular Virology, University Erlangen Nurnberg, Germany
J Virol 80:8639-52. 2006..have recently demonstrated that the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) receptor angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) also mediates cellular entry of the newly discovered human coronavirus (hCoV) NL63...
- Polymorphisms of ACE2 gene are associated with essential hypertension and antihypertensive effects of Captopril in womenX Fan
Hypertension Division, Department of Cardiology, Ministry of Education and Sino German Laboratory for Molecular Medicine, Cardiovascular Institute and Fuwai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Clin Pharmacol Ther 82:187-96. 2007b>ACE2 appears to counterbalance the vasopressor effect of angiotensin I converting enzyme (ACE) in the reninangiotensin system...
- Identification of residues in the receptor-binding domain (RBD) of the spike protein of human coronavirus NL63 that are critical for the RBD-ACE2 receptor interactionHan Xin Lin
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, Department of Microbiology, St Joseph s Healthcare, Hamilton, ON L8N 4A6, Canada
J Gen Virol 89:1015-24. 2008..These results may help to delineate the molecular interactions between the S protein of NL63 and the hACE2 receptor, and may also enhance our understanding of the pathogenesis of NL63 and SARS-CoV...
- Urinary mRNA expression of ACE and ACE2 in human type 2 diabetic nephropathyG Wang
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong, China
Diabetologia 51:1062-7. 2008The interplay of ACE and type 2 ACE (ACE2) has been recognised as playing an important role in the tissue renin-angiotensin system within the kidney...
- Decreased glomerular and tubular expression of ACE2 in patients with type 2 diabetes and kidney diseaseHeather N Reich
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Kidney Int 74:1610-6. 2008..However, ACE2 generates angiotensin 1-7, which may protect the kidney by attenuating the effects of angiotensin II, since ..
- Plasma ACE2 activity is an independent prognostic marker in Chagas' disease and equally potent as BNPYong Wang
Centre for Biomedical Research, Hull York Medical School, University of Hull, Hull, UK
J Card Fail 16:157-63. 2010..It metabolizes angiotensin (Ang)II to Ang-(1-7). This study aims to investigate the diagnostic and prognostic potency of circulating ACE2 activity in patients with heart failure (HF) from Chagas' disease (CD).
- Angiotensin I-converting enzyme type 2 (ACE2) gene therapy improves glycemic control in diabetic miceSharell M Bindom
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics and the Cardiovascular Center of Excellence, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Diabetes 59:2540-8. 2010..Using 8- and 16-week-old obese db/db mice, we examined the ability of ACE2 to alter pancreatic β-cell function and thereby modulate hyperglycemia.
- Receptor and viral determinants of SARS-coronavirus adaptation to human ACE2Wenhui Li
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard Medical School, New England Primate Research Center, Southborough, MA 01772 9102, USA
EMBO J 24:1634-43. 2005Human angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) is a functional receptor for SARS coronavirus (SARS-CoV). Here we identify the SARS-CoV spike (S)-protein-binding site on ACE2...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 protects from severe acute lung failureYumiko Imai
IMBA, Institute of Molecular Biotechnology of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna A 1030, Austria
Nature 436:112-6. 2005..Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) and ACE2 are homologues with different key functions in the renin-angiotensin system...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) in disease pathogenesisYumiko Imai
Department of Biological Informatics and Experimental Therapeutics, the Global COE program, Akita University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Circ J 74:405-10. 2010Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), a first homolog of ACE, regulates the renin-angiotensin system by counterbalancing ACE activity...
- ACE2-angiotensin-(1-7)-Mas axis in renal ischaemia/reperfusion injury in ratsKátia D da Silveira
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biological Sciences, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG 31270 901, Brazil
Clin Sci (Lond) 119:385-94. 2010..However, Ang-(1-7) [angiotensin-(1-7)], ACE2 (angiotensin I-converting enzyme 2) and the Mas receptor also play a role in renal disease models...
- Hemodynamic, morphometric and autonomic patterns in hypertensive rats - Renin-Angiotensin system modulationFernanda S Zamo
Nephrology Department, Federal University of São Paulo São Paulo SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 65:85-92. 2010..Spontaneously hypertensive rats develop left ventricular hypertrophy, increased blood pressure and blood pressure variability, which are important determinants of heart damage, like the activation of renin-angiotensin system...
- ACE and ACE2 activity in diabetic miceJan Wysocki
Division of Nephrology Hypertension, The Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Searle 10 475, 320 E Superior, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Diabetes 55:2132-9. 2006ACE-related carboxypeptidase (ACE2) may counterbalance the angiotensin (ANG) II-promoting effects of ACE in tissues where both enzymes are found...
- Regulation of multiple renin-angiotensin system genes by SryAmy Milsted
Department of Biology and Program in Integrated Bioscience, University of Akron, Akron, Ohio 44325 3908, USA
J Hypertens 28:59-64. 2010..The objective of this study was to determine whether renin-angiotensin system genes participate in Sry-mediated effects...
- Foreign field hospitals in the recent sudden-onset disasters in Iran, Haiti, Indonesia, and PakistanJohan von Schreeb
Division of International Health IHCAR, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Prehosp Disaster Med 23:144-51; discussion 152-3. 2008..Foreign field hospitals (FFHs) may provide care for the injured and substitute for destroyed hospitals in the aftermath of sudden-onset disasters...
- [Expression of angiotensin converting enzyme and angiotensin converting enzyme 2 gene in lung of paraquat poisoning rats and protection of sodium dimercaptopropane sulfonate]Qiao meng Qiu
Emergency Medical Department, The First Affiliated Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325000, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 28:275-9. 2010To investigate the expression of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) and ACE2 Gene in lung of paraquat poisoning rats and the protection of sodium dimercaptopropane sulfonate (Na-DMPS).
- Difference in receptor usage between severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) coronavirus and SARS-like coronavirus of bat originWuze Ren
State Key Laboratory of Virology, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, Hubei 430071, China
J Virol 82:1899-907. 2008..SARS) is caused by the SARS-associated coronavirus (SARS-CoV), which uses angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) as its receptor for cell entry. A group of SARS-like CoVs (SL-CoVs) has been identified in horseshoe bats...
- Angiotensin II type 1 receptor-mediated reduction of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 activity in the brain impairs baroreflex function in hypertensive miceHuijing Xia
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, School of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 1901 Perdido St, P7 1, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Hypertension 53:210-6. 2009Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), a new component of the brain renin-angiotensin system, has been suggested to participate in the central regulation of blood pressure (BP)...
- A study on antigenicity and receptor-binding ability of fragment 450-650 of the spike protein of SARS coronavirusJincun Zhao
Department of Immunology, Peking University Health Science Center, Peking University, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100083, China
Virology 359:362-70. 2007The spike (S) protein of SARS coronavirus (SARS-CoV) is responsible for viral binding with ACE2 molecules...
- Health impact of the 2004 Andaman Nicobar earthquake and tsunami in IndonesiaDebarati Guha-Sapir
Centre for Research on the Epidemiology of Disasters School of Public Health, Catholic University of Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Prehosp Disaster Med 24:493-9. 2009....
- ACE2 of the heart: From angiotensin I to angiotensin (1-7)Shlomo Keidar
The Lipid Research Laboratory, The Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Israel
Cardiovasc Res 73:463-9. 2007..The ACE homologue ACE2 efficiently hydrolyses Ang II to form Ang (1-7), a peptide that exerts actions opposite to those of Ang II...
- Angiotensin II AT1 receptors regulate ACE2 and angiotensin-(1-7) expression in the aorta of spontaneously hypertensive ratsMichiya Igase
Hypertension and Vascular Disease Center, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H1013-9. 2005When increased in vascular tissues, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), a carboxypeptidase that hydrolyzes angiotensin II to angiotensin-(1-7), may augment the growth inhibitory and vasodilatory effects of the heptapeptide...
- Down-regulated transcriptional level of Ace1 combined with mutations in Ace1 and Ace2 of Aphis gossypii are related with omethoate resistanceYiou Pan
College of Plant Science, Jilin University, Changchun 130062, People s Republic of China
Chem Biol Interact 188:553-7. 2010..Sequence analysis indicated that there were no amino acid substitutions in AChEI (Ace1) and AChEII (Ace2) between the OSS and ORR strain. However, when compared with the 81-171B strain (GenBank No...
- Organophosphates' resistance in the B-biotype of Bemisia tabaci (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) is associated with a point mutation in an ace1-type acetylcholinesterase and overexpression of carboxylesteraseMichal Alon
Department of Entomology, Faculty of Agriculture, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 38:940-9. 2008..Here, two acetylcholinesterase genes, ace1 and ace2, have been fully cloned and sequenced from an OP-resistant strain and an OP-susceptible strain of B. tabaci...
- A crucial role of angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) in SARS coronavirus-induced lung injuryKeiji Kuba
Institute of Molecular Biotechnology of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Nat Med 11:875-9. 2005..In cell lines, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) has been identified as a potential SARS-CoV receptor...
- [An experimental study of expression of angiotension converting enzyme 2 in myocardium and effect of telmisartan treatment in pressure-overloaded rats]Li Jun Wang
Department of Cardiology, The Affiliated Baoan Hospital of Nanfang Medical University, Shenzhen 518101, Guangdong, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 20:218-22. 2008To study the effect of hypertension and telmisartan treatment on the protein and gene expression of cardiac angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) in pressure-overloaded rats.
- Upregulation of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) 2 in hepatic fibrosis by ACE inhibitorsMao liang Huang
Institute for Digestive Diseases, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 37:e1-6. 2010..Earlier demonstrations that ACE2 is insensitive to ACE inhibitors prompted us to evaluate the effect of ACE inhibitors on ACE2 expression. 2...
- Effects of renin-angiotensin system blockade on renal angiotensin-(1-7) forming enzymes and receptorsCarlos M Ferrario
Hypertension and Vascular Disease Center, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Kidney Int 68:2189-96. 2005....
- Vascular biology of angiotensin and the impact of physical activityJames W E Rush
Department of Kinesiology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1, Canada
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 33:162-72. 2008..ACE is multifunctional and also destroys the endogenous vasodilator bradykinin. A recently discovered novel ACE2 enzyme is responsible for forming a vasodilatory compound, angiotensin 1-7, from AII...
- Exploring the pathogenesis of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS): the tissue distribution of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV) and its putative receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2)K F To
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Pathol 203:740-3. 2004..b>Angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) has recently been identified as the functional cellular receptor for SARS-CoV...
- Short communication: patterns of chronic and acute diseases after natural disasters - a study from the International Committee of the Red Cross field hospital in Banda Aceh after the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunamiDebarati Guha-Sapir
Center for Research on the Epidemiology of Disasters, School of Public Health, Catholic University of Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Trop Med Int Health 12:1338-41. 2007..To assess the pattern of diseases in a natural disaster, which are not necessarily a direct consequence of the event but can impact on the way health assistance is to be provided...
- Prevention of pulmonary hypertension by Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 gene transferYoriko Yamazato
Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics, College of Medicine, University of Florida, PO Box 100274, Gainesville, FL 32610 0274, USA
Hypertension 54:365-71. 2009..The abundant presence of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) in the lungs and its impressive effect in the prevention of acute lung injury led us to test the hypothesis that ..
- Differential regulation of the cellulase transcription factors XYR1, ACE2, and ACE1 in Trichoderma reesei strains producing high and low levels of cellulaseThomas Portnoy
IFP Energies nouvelles, Département Biotechnologie, 1 4 Avenue de Bois Preau, 92852 Rueil Malmaison Cedex, France
Eukaryot Cell 10:262-71. 2011..Here we report the regulation of expression of the two activator genes xyr1 and ace2, and the corepressor gene ace1, during the induction of cellulase biosynthesis by the inducer lactose in T...
- ACEII, a novel transcriptional activator involved in regulation of cellulase and xylanase genes of Trichoderma reeseiN Aro
VTT Biotechnology, Tietotie 2, FIN 02044 VTT, Espoo, Finland
J Biol Chem 276:24309-14. 2001..This led to the isolation of the cellulase activator ace2 encoding for a protein belonging to the class of zinc binuclear cluster proteins found exclusively in fungi...
- Role of Serratia marcescens ACE2 on diesel degradation and its influence on corrosionAruliah Rajasekar
Biocorrosion, Corrosion Protection Division, Central Electrochemical Research Institute, Karaikudi 630 006, Tamil Nadu, India
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 34:589-98. 2007A facultative anaerobic species Serratia marcescens ACE2 isolated from the corrosion products of diesel transporting pipeline in North West, India was identified by 16S rDNA sequence analysis...
- Evidence for angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 as a therapeutic target for the prevention of pulmonary hypertensionAnderson J Ferreira
Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics, College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179:1048-54. 2009..Recent studies have indicated that angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), a member of the vasoprotective axis of the RAS, plays a regulatory role in lung pathophysiology, including ..
- Post-tsunami medical care: health problems encountered in the International Committee of the Red Cross Hospital in Banda Aceh, IndonesiaLynda J Redwood-Campbell
Department of Family Medicine, McMaster University Medical Centre, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Prehosp Disaster Med 21:s1-7. 2006When the Tsunami struck Asia on 26 December 2004, Aceh, Indonesia suffered more damage than did any other region. After the Tsunami, many humanitarian organizations provided aid in Aceh...
- Mineralocorticoid receptor blocker increases angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 activity in congestive heart failure patientsShlomo Keidar
Lipid Research Laboratory, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Circ Res 97:946-53. 2005..stress and changing the balance between the counter-acting enzymes angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) and ACE2. Monocyte-derived macrophages were obtained from 10 patients with CHF before and after 1 month of treatment with ..
- Angiotensin metabolism in renal proximal tubules, urine, and serum of sheep: evidence for ACE2-dependent processing of angiotensin IIHossam A Shaltout
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hypertension and Vascular Disease Center, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157 1095, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 292:F82-91. 2007..that angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE)2 is a component of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS), the influence of ACE2 on angiotensin metabolism within the kidney is not well known, particularly in experimental models other than rats ..
- Activities of angiotensin-converting enzymes ACE1 and ACE2 and inhibition by bioactive peptides in porcine ocular tissuesSatu Luhtala
Division of Biotechnology, Department of Biological and Environmental Science, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 25:23-8. 2009..In addition, the effects of three ACE-inhibitory tripeptides on these enzymes were evaluated...
- Reduction in renal ACE2 expression in subtotal nephrectomy in rats is ameliorated with ACE inhibitionElena Velkoska
Department of Medicine, The University of Melbourne, Austin Health, Heidelberg 3081, Victoria, Australia
Clin Sci (Lond) 118:269-79. 2010Alterations within the RAS (renin-angiotensin system) are pivotal for the development of renal disease. ACE2 (angiotensin-converting enzyme 2) is expressed in the kidney and converts the vasoconstrictor AngII (angiotensin II) into Ang-(1-..
- Loss of angiotensin-converting enzyme-2 leads to the late development of angiotensin II-dependent glomerulosclerosisGavin Y Oudit
Rm 68, 150 College St, Heart and Stroke Richard Lewar Centre of Excellence, Fitzgerald Bldg, University of Toronto, Toronto M5S 3E2, Canada
Am J Pathol 168:1808-20. 2006Angiotensin-converting enzyme-2 (ACE2), a membrane-bound carboxymonopeptidase highly expressed in the kidney, functions as a negative regulator of the renin-angiotensin system...
- Acute kidney injury in the rat causes cardiac remodelling and increases angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 expressionL Burchill
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Austin Health, Heidelberg, Victoria 3081, Australia
Exp Physiol 93:622-30. 2008..This study assessed whether ACE2 plays a role in the cardiac remodelling that occurs in experimental acute kidney injury (AKI)...
- A tsunami related tetanus epidemic in Aceh, IndonesiaA Jeremijenko
Woodside Energy Ltd, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Asia Pac J Public Health 19:40-4. 2007In January 2005, a tetanus epidemic was discovered amongst survivors of the Boxing Day Tsunami in Aceh, Indonesia...
- Regulation of ACE2 in cardiac myocytes and fibroblastsPatricia E Gallagher
The Hypertension and Vascular Research Center, Wake Forest Univ School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1032, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 295:H2373-9. 2008Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) preferentially forms angiotensin-(1-7) [ANG-(1-7)] from ANG II. We showed that cardiac ACE2 is elevated following treatment of coronary artery-ligated rats with AT1 receptor blockers (ARBs)...
- Role of Ace2 (Activator of Cellulases 2) within the xyn2 transcriptosome of Hypocrea jecorinaAstrid R Stricker
Gene Technology, Gene Technology and Applied Biochemistry, Institute of Chemical Engineering, TU Wien, Getreidemarkt 9 166 5 2, A 1060 Wien, Austria
Fungal Genet Biol 45:436-45. 2008b>Ace2 (Activator of Cellulases 2)-encoding gene was deleted from and retransformed in the H. jecorinaQM9414 genome...
- A role for the septation initiation network in septum assembly revealed by genetic analysis of sid2-250 suppressorsQuan Wen Jin
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, and Program in Cell Dynamics, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01605, USA
Genetics 172:2101-12. 2006..In a genetic screen for suppressors of the SIN mutant sid2-250, we isolated a mutation, ace2-35, in the transcription factor Ace2p...
- Isolation and sequence analysis of a small cryptic plasmid pRK10 from a corrosion inhibitor degrading strain Serratia marcescens ACE2Kalibulla Syed Ibrahim
Department of Biotechnology, Alagappa University, Tamil Nadu, India
Plasmid 62:183-90. 2009The nucleotide sequence of a smallest cryptic plasmid pRK10 of Serratia marcescens ACE2 was determined. When compared to the all other plasmids reported so far from S...
- Cash grants in humanitarian assistance: a nongovernmental organization experience in Aceh, Indonesia, following the 2004 Indian Ocean TsunamiShannon Doocy
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 N Wolfe St, Suite E8132, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Disaster Med Public Health Prep 2:95-103. 2008..The Mercy Corps cash grant program in Aceh, Indonesia, was a short-term intervention intended to assist in recompensing losses from the December 2004 tsunami.
- Tissue-specific regulation of ACE/ACE2 and AT1/AT2 receptor gene expression by oestrogen in apolipoprotein E/oestrogen receptor-alpha knock-out miceK Bridget Brosnihan
The Hypertension and Vascular Disease Center, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1032, USA
Exp Physiol 93:658-64. 2008Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) and ACE2 and the AT1 and AT2 receptors are pivotal points of regulation in the renin-angiotensin system...
- ACE2, CBK1, and BUD4 in budding and cell separationWarren P Voth
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, 30 North 1900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 2501, USA
Eukaryot Cell 4:1018-28. 2005..colony morphology, cell separation defects, and reduced CTS1 expression, phenotypes also seen by mutating the Ace2 transcription factor...
- Olmesartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker with an inhibitory effect on angiotensin-converting enzymeJun Agata
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Hypertens Res 29:865-74. 2006..It is known that ACE2, which was discovered as a novel ACE-related carboxypeptidase in 2000, hydrolyzes Ang I to Ang-(1-9) and also Ang ..
- Children survivors of the 2004 tsunami in Aceh, Indonesia: a study of resiliencyYohana Ratrin Hestyanti
Department of Psychology, Atma Jaya Catholic University, Jakarta 12930, Indonesia
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1094:303-7. 2006..factors contributing to resiliency of children in the age group of 11-15 years, survivors of the 2004 tsunami in Aceh, Indonesia, through qualitative methodology...
- Distinct roles for angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 and carboxypeptidase A in the processing of angiotensins within the murine heartPaul J Garabelli
The Hypertension and Vascular Disease Center, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Exp Physiol 93:613-21. 2008Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), a homologue of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), converts angiotensin (Ang) I to Ang(1-9) and Ang II to Ang(1-7), but does not directly process Ang I to Ang II...
- Portal pressure responses and angiotensin peptide production in rat liver are determined by relative activity of ACE and ACE2Chandana B Herath
Department of Medicine, The University of Melbourne, Austin Repatriation Hospital, Heidelberg Heights, Victoria, Australia
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 297:G98-G106. 2009..This study investigated the role of ACE2, ACE, and neutral endopeptidase (NEP) in the hepatic formation of Ang-(1-7) from angiotensin I (Ang I) and Ang II ..
- Cardiovascular interactions between losartan and fructose in miceDanielle Senador
Wright State University, Boonshoft School of Medicine, Dayton, OH 45435, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 15:68-77. 2010To determine whether pharmacological blockade of angiotensin (Ang) AT1 receptors alters the cardiovascular, metabolic, and angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE and ACE2) responses to a fructose diet in mice.
- Losartan attenuates chronic cigarette smoke exposure-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension in rats: possible involvement of angiotensin-converting enzyme-2Su Xia Han
Department of Respiratory Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, China
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 245:100-7. 2010..is a well-known antihypertensive drug with a potential role in regulating angiotensin-converting enzyme-2 (ACE2), a recently found regulator of RAS...
- Characteristics and risk factors for typhoid fever after the tsunami, earthquake and under normal conditions in IndonesiaAgung Budi Sutiono
The University of Electro Communications, Graduate School Information Systems, Graduate Department Social Intelligence and Informatics, 1 5 1 Chofugaoka, Chofu shi, Tokyo, 182 8585 Japan
BMC Res Notes 3:106. 2010..Surveys were carried out post-tsunami in Banda Aceh, post-earthquake in Yogyakarta, and under normal conditions in Bandung, Indonesia...
- HNF4alpha dysfunction as a molecular rational for cyclosporine induced hypertensionMonika Niehof
Center of Molecular Medicine and Medical Biotechnology, Fraunhofer Institute for Toxicology and Experimental Medicine, Hannover, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e16319. 2011..II receptor type 1 (AGTR1), angiotensin I converting enzyme (ACE), and angiotensin I converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) as genes targeted by HNF4alpha...
- Rapid health assessment in Aceh Jaya District, Indonesia, following the December 26 tsunamiRichard J Brennan
International Rescue Committee, New York, NY 10168, USA
Emerg Med Australas 17:341-50. 2005To rapidly determine the public health impact of the Asian tsunami on the population of three communities in Aceh Jaya District, Indonesia, and to prioritize health interventions.
- [Study on up-regulation of the expression of angiotensin-converting enzyme-2 in human umbilical vein endothelial cells by telmisartan]Li Jun Wang
Department of Cardiology, Baoan People s Hospital, Shenzhen 518101, Guangdong, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 18:224-8. 2006To investigate the effect of telmisartan on the protein and gene expression of angiotensin-converting enzyme-2 (ACE2) in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs).
- ACE2 gene transfer attenuates hypertension-linked pathophysiological changes in the SHRCarlos Diez-Freire
Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics, College of Medicine, and Advanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy Facility at the McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Physiol Genomics 27:12-9. 2006Recently discovered, angiotensin-converting enzyme-2 (ACE2) is an important therapeutic target in the control of cardiovascular diseases as a result of its proposed central role in the control of angiotensin peptides...
- Orphan transporter SLC6A18 is renal neutral amino acid transporter B0AT3Dustin Singer
Institute of Physiology and Center for Integrative Human Physiology, University of Zurich, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 284:19953-60. 2009..We report here that in Xenopus laevis oocytes, co-expressed ACE2 (angiotensin-converting enzyme 2) associates with XT2 and reveals its function as a Na(+)- and Cl(-)-de pend ent ..
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 activation protects against hypertension-induced cardiac fibrosis involving extracellular signal-regulated kinasesAnderson J Ferreira
Morphology, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil
Exp Physiol 96:287-94. 2011..sulfonyl oxy]-9H-xanthene-9-one (XNT), an angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) activator, reverses hypertension-induced cardiac and renal fibrosis in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHRs)...
- Attenuating effect of angiotensin-(1-7) on angiotensin II-mediated NAD(P)H oxidase activation in type 2 diabetic nephropathy of KK-A(y)/Ta miceJu Young Moon
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Juntendo University Faculty of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 300:F1271-82. 2011..The ACE2-ANG-(1-7)-Mas receptor axis should be investigated as a novel target for treatment of type 2 diabetic nephropathy.
- Role of the Renin-Angiotensin system in placental insufficiencyEugenia Mata-Greenwood; Fiscal Year: 2013..The expression of RAS members will be determined by real-time PCR and immunoblotting. ACE and ACE2 enzymatic activity and Angiotensin II and 1-7 tissue levels will be assessed by EIA...
- ACE and ACE2 in Glomerular Angiotensin Peptides MetabolismJAN ANDRZEJ WYSOCKI; Fiscal Year: 2010..The recently discovered enzyme, called ACE2, has a high catalytic efficiency to degrade ANG II to ANG 1-7...
- Balance of Angiotensin II/Angiotensin (1-1): A Target in Ischemic StrokeYanfang Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..With the discovery of the Ang converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), Ang (1-7) and Mas receptor, accumulating evidence suggest that the ACE2/Ang (1-7)/Mas axis counteracts the ACE/..
- ERIC D LAZARTIGUES; Fiscal Year: 2016..Until now, the common assumption was that Ang-II served as the main actor of this system. A new member of the RAS, ACE2 (angiotensin converting enzyme type 2) has been identified in organs and tissues related to CV function (e.g...
- Lisa A Cassis; Fiscal Year: 2016..Angiotensinogen (AGT), angiotensin type 1a receptors (AT1aR), and ACE2 are three components of the RAS that were regulated specifically in adipose tissue from mice with hypertension from ..
- Strategies for ACE2 Amplification to Treat Diabetic Kidney DiseaseDaniel Batlle; Fiscal Year: 2012b>ACE2 is a type 1 integral membrane protein that shares 42% homology with the metalloprotease catalytic domains of ACE...
- Conference on Autonomic Regulation of Cardiovascular Function in Health and DiseaMartin Frank; Fiscal Year: 2012..These will include symposia related to central autocrine, paracrine and endocrine influences. New data on the ACE-ACE2 balance and central cellular signaling pathways will be covered...
- ACE Balance in the Cardiovascular Complications of DiabetesMariana Morris; Fiscal Year: 2012..are related to an imbalance between angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) which produces angiotensin II (Ang II) and ACE2 which produces Ang (1-7)...
- Qiuhong Li; Fiscal Year: 2015..The protective axis of the RAS involves the angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) by generating angiotensin-(1-7) which acts through the receptor Mas, attenuates the ..
- 2010 Angiotensin Gordon Research ConferenceKathy K Griendling; Fiscal Year: 2010..ACE inhibitors in snake venom, through AT1 receptor blockers, renin inhibitors, AT2 receptor agonists, recombinant ACE2 therapies as well as the latest clinical trials using angiotensin vaccines...
- MARIA BARTOLOMEO GRANT; Fiscal Year: 2015..The protective axis of the RAS involves the angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) which is present in both endothelial cells and EPCs and generates angiotensin-(1-7) which ..
- Local Vasoconstriction in Postural Tachycardia SyndromeJulian M Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2013..receptors and NOS isoforms contribute to LFP? Skin punch biopsies will determine NOS-isoform, AT1R and AT2R, and ACE2 and ACE mRNA expression and protein content...
- Molecular imaging of renal angiotensin (1-7) forming enzymesNadja Grobe; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) is a mediator of renal and cardiovascular function reflected by its capability to eliminate the potent vasoconstrictor angiotensin II (Ang II) by generating the ..
- Mohan K Raizada; Fiscal Year: 2015..and evidence from literature, we propose that a balance between endothelial angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) and ACE2 is critical in maintaining normal cardiac homeostasis...
- ACE2 as a target for pulmonary hypertension therapeuticsMOHAN K contact RAIZADA; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) is the key enzyme of the renin-angiotensin system present in endothelial cells...
- James C Rose; Fiscal Year: 2016..in nephron number, alterations in the intrarenal renin-angiotensin system (RAS) including decreased angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), increased angiotensin type 1 receptor expression, and an increased Ang li to Ang(1-7) ratio ..
- ELIZABETH A FRANKENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2016..of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami on the health and well-being of older adults who were living in coastal areas of Aceh and North Sumatra, Indonesia, at the time of the tsunami...
- AT1 Receptors in Renal Microvascular PhysiologyLISA HARRISON BERNARD; Fiscal Year: 2009..that a switch from ACE-dependent to chymase-dependent intrarenal ANGII production in concert with altered ACE2 activity contribute to the decline in function and progression to end-stage disease in type II diabetes...
- Slava Epelman; Fiscal Year: 2014..b>Angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) is a critical endogenous AngII counter-regulator and acts not only to degrade AngII, but ..
- STRUCTURE AND ASSEMBLY OF VIRUSESSTEPHEN COPLAN HARRISON; Fiscal Year: 2012..protein and determined the structure of its receptor- binding domain bound with a soluble form of its receptor (ACE2)...
- The Mas Receptor is Required for Angiotensin-(1-7) Effects in Cardiac RemodelingBarry H Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2012..An alternative RAS pathway in which angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) generates Ang-(1-7), a peptide with anti-growth and cardioprotective effects, from Ang II has ..
- Priming and fusion activation of the SARS coronavirus spike glycoproteinGary R Whittaker; Fiscal Year: 2010..fusion and the introduction of a furin recognition site in this position allows fusion in the absence of ACE2 (the SARS-CoV receptor) suggesting an important role in host range...
- Sources and effects of angiotensin peptides in atherosclerosisAlan Daugherty; Fiscal Year: 2012..Aim 2: Determine the contribution of ACE1 and ACE2 expression on bone marrow-derived cells to the development of atherosclerotic lesion size and characteristics...
- Fang Li; Fiscal Year: 2016..a prevalent human respiratory virus, is the only group-I coronavirus known to use angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) as its receptor, whereas other group-I coronaviruses use aminopeptidase-N (APN)...
- Role of Retinoid Mediated Signaling in Diabetes and Cardiac RemodelingKENNETH MELVIN BAKER; Fiscal Year: 2010..production of Ang II and cardiac expression of renin, Ao, ACE and AT1R and upregulates the expression of ACE2. By inhibiting the rate-limiting step in the RAS cascade, RA might have advantages over ACEI and ARBs...
- SARS-CoV Pathogenic Mechanisms in Senescent MiceRalph S Baric; Fiscal Year: 2012..in the S glycoprotein promote severe disease by corrupting the role of antgiotensin 1 converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) in the prevention of acute lung injury and by the induction of innate immunity and complement...
- Mohan K Raizada; Fiscal Year: 2016..and our preliminary data, we propose that a balance between endothelial angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) and ACE2 is critical in maintaining normal pulmonary vascular homeostasis...
- PROMOTER SPECIFICITY OF TRANSCRIPTION FACTORSDavid J Stillman; Fiscal Year: 2010..The yeast transcription factors Swi5 and Ace2 have nearly identical zinc finger DNA-binding domains, and both factors show similar pattern of cell cycle ..
- Population and Economic Recovery in Coastal Aceh: Aid and Village InstitutionsJ VERNON HENDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..The analysis focuses on coastal villages in Aceh, Indonesia, that were differentially affected by the 2004 tsunami, and will make use of a panel data set (initiated ..
- James E Loyd; Fiscal Year: 2016..In project 3, we will pursue ACE2 as a treatment for PAH, extending our previous finding that ACE2 is an effective intervention in murine BMPR2-..
- Development of a plant-derived virus-like particle vaccine against SARS-CoVBRENDA HOGUE; Fiscal Year: 2009..SARS-CoV S protein binds to the receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), through its receptor binding domain (RBD). The RBD is immunogenic and is a major neutralizing determinant...
- Modeling viral entry and its inhibition using SARS-CoVGraham Simmons; Fiscal Year: 2012..Uniquely, interactions with obligate receptor (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme-2, ACE2) are initially required before proteolysis...
- ACE2 Deficiency: A new model of maternal and fetal growth restriction.Liliya M Yamaleyeva; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recently, the RAS was shown to be more complex with the discovery of an ACE homologue, ACE2. This enzyme cleaves Ang I into Ang-(1-9) which can be converted to Ang-(1-7) by ACE...
- Synthetic Genetic Analysis of the RAM network in C. albicansAnuj Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Test the hypothesis that a CHI screen of CBK1 will identify targets of the Cbk1-dependant transcription factor Ace2;and 3) Test the hypothesis that the RAM (CBK1) and cAMP-PKA signaling pathways function in parallel during hypha ..
- Stanley Perlman; Fiscal Year: 2015..SARS-CoV and in SARS-CoV-infected mice that are transgenic for the human cellular receptor (angiotensin converting enzyme 2, hACE2). Project 2 will focus on the role of ACE2 signaling in pathogenesis...
- A Genetic Analysis of Pneumotropism and Pneumovirulence in an MHV-1 Model of SarsJulian L Leibowitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the second aim we will investigate the hypothesis that the ACE2 receptor binding domain of the SARS-CoV spike protein (Srbd) contributes to SARS pathogenesis by abrogating the ..
- Damian J Krysan; Fiscal Year: 2016..mutants to investigate how the RAM pathway functions independently of its well characterized transcription factor Ace2 during serum- induced morphogenesis (Aim 2)...
- Irving H Zucker; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will determine alterations in transcriptional regulation of the ATiR and the roles of ACE, ACE2, ROS and exercise training. Project II will focus on the role of the PVN in sympathetic regulation...
- Wayne A Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2014..and aged mice that recapitulate severe human end-stage lung disease and ARDS;atomic structures of SARS-CoV receptor ACE2 and human BnAbs bound to its Spike protein;and well developed methodologies and novel reagents developed by our ..
- Transcription circuitry of the S. pombe cell cycleJANET K LEATHERWOOD; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will find out how four major cell cycle transcription factors, MBF, Forkhead, Prz1, and Ace2, work, and how they are controlled. We will begin to examine combinatorial control by these transcription factors...
- Cell cycle regulation of a novel pathway directing events in late mitosisJennifer Brace; Fiscal Year: 2009..The RAM (Regulation of Ace2 and Morphogenesis) network is a recently discovered signaling pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae that controls ..
- Characterization of the Mitotic Exit NetworkFrancis C Luca; Fiscal Year: 2010..that MEN controls cytokinesis by regulating targeted membrane deposition and by activating the RAM (Regulation of Ace2 transcription factor and polarized Morphogenesis) signaling network, which controls cytokinesis, gene expression ..
- Growth Hormone, Angiotensin II, and Cardiac AgingLeanne Groban; Fiscal Year: 2009..The contribution of GH/IGF-1 senescence to diastolic dysfunction and the balance of RAS, specifically ACE and ACE2, will be explored...
- Transgenic Mouse Models for Pathogenesis and TherapyTehsheng Chan; Fiscal Year: 2006..We have followed up on the discovery of human angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) as the SARS receptor by cloning that gene and showing that transfection of non-permissive mouse cells with the ..
- EICOSANOID REGULATION OF ARTERIAL CHOLESTEROL METABOLISMDAVID HAJJAR; Fiscal Year: 1992..hydrolytic metabolites promote net cholesterol efflux by increasing neutral and acid cholesteryl esterase (NCEH and ACEH) activities in intact smooth muscle cells...
- Development of a robust high throughput assay for the discovery of RAM network inEric Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..The budding yeast RAM network (Regulation of Ace2 and Morphogenesis) is a novel signaling pathway required for asymmetric gene expression and maintenance of ..
- CELL GROWTH, NA/H EXCHANGE, AND CYCLINS IN IDDM PATIENDaniel Batlle; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ATHEROGENESIS AND THE BONE MARROW ANGIOTENSIN SYSTEMCarlos Ferrario; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed research will uncover novel mechanisms of atherogenesis that may have significant impact in the development of new therapeutic modalities applicable to cardiovascular and blood vessel diseases. ..
- Training Program in Molecular MedicineKATHLEEN BROSNIHAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..This training grant will allow continued growth and recruitment of the most competitive applicants and minorities into the Program. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Ang-(1-7) in normal and hypertensive pregnancyK Brosnihan; Fiscal Year: 2003..The major goal of these studies is to understand the contribution of the vasodilator component of the RAAS to blood pressure regulation in normal pregnancy. ..
- Sympathetic Control in Heart Failure: A Role of StatinsIrving H Zucker; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will determine if a class of drugs called statins has the potential for reducing some of the deleterious consequences of compensatory mechanisms in the heart failure state. ..
- Cellular Regulation of Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 2 (ACE2)Patricia Gallagher; Fiscal Year: 2009..Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) recently was identified as a homologue of ACE that preferentially forms Ang-(1-7) from Ang II...
- Studies of CCR5 Conformational Heterogeneity & HIV EntryWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Sex and Gene ExpressionKathryn Sandberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..A summary of the conference presentations will be compiled into a report and these proceedings will be distributed to various audiences and posted in PDF format on the SWHR website. ..
- Angiotensin Receptors in Central OsmonsensitivityMariana Morris; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Central ACE2, Blood Pressure Regulation and HypertensionEric Lazartigues; Fiscal Year: 2008..b>ACE2, a newly discovered member of the RAS appears be part of a counter-regulatory pathway buffering the excess; of Ang-..
- Human Antibodies and Targeted Vaccines Against SARS-CoVWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2008..for the amino acid changes in the S1 protein, the changes in binding affinity of the mutant S1 proteins for the ACE2 receptor and for 80R Mab, the ability of the S1 mutant viruses to enter cells at lower ACE2 receptor concentrations ..
- HUMAN ANTITAT INTRABODY GENE THERAPY AGAINST SHIVWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, the results from these studies will substantially advance our understanding of how to apply and improve this promising technology for the treatment of HIV-1 infection and AIDS. ..
- Circulatory Dysfunction in Chronic Fatigue SyndromeJulian Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Filovirus enveloped FIV:virus-epithelia interactions-CFPaul McCray; Fiscal Year: 2007..Completing these three aims will address key questions regarding host-vector interactions and improve our ability to apply lentiviral vectors for diseases involving airway epithelia. ..
- Genetic risk factors for Sudden Cardiac DeathNona Sotoodehnia; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- CONTROL OF SODIUM INTAKE IN THE HINDLIMB UNWEIGHTED RATJ Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2005..Additionally, these data may contribute to understanding of health problems associated with an aging population and with cardiovascular disease such as congestive heart failure. ..
- CHILD AND ADULT HEALTH DURING ECONOMIC DOWNTURNElizabeth Frankenberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..The goal of these analyses is to identify both the types of communities most affected by the crisis and the types of communities most likely to benefit from intervention efforts. ..
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3 and Muscle Insulin ResistanceERIK HENRIKSEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Retargeted Human T-cells for RCC ImmunotherapyWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long term goal of these studies is to use these genetically retargeted human T-lymphocytes in human clinical trials as a novel and potent immunotherapy of RCC. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Robotics Extraction System/HPLC for Shared Resource LabMark Chappell; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Multianalyte Assays for Cardiovascular DiseaseDebra Diz; Fiscal Year: 2005..As such the peptide and protein applications developed in this proposal will be ideal for widespread use. ..
- Global Analysis of Transcriptional Deregulation by HIV-1Wayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2003..The information obtained from these studies can then be used in model screening systems for the development of drugs to treat the cellular defects seen in HIV-1 infection. ..
- Estrogen, ACE2 and Salt-SensitivityMark Chappell; Fiscal Year: 2008..results in elevated blood pressure due to dysregulation in the balance of both pressor [ACE-Ang II] and depressor [ACE2-Ang- (1-7)] components of the RAAS...
- INTRACEULLULAR ANTI-TAT ANTIBODIES FOR AIDS GENE THERAPYWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our immediate goal is to use this knowledge to aid in small molecule inhibitor design, our long term goal is to use these intrabodies in a clinical gene therapy trial. ..
- Role of SHP-1 Deregulation in HTLV-1 LeukemogenesisWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies should provide new insight into the biochemical mechanisms of HTLV-1 leukemogenesis and aid in the development of new treatments for this fatal disease. ..
- THE BIOLOGY OF PROGRESSIVE NEPHRON DESTRUCTIONRaymond Harris; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- NEURAL REGULATION OF VASOPRESSIN RELEASEJ Thomas Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2010..Benefits: The results will provide new information regarding the control of vasopressin secretion and how these systems contribute to pathophysiology. ..
- RETROVIRUS MEDIATED GENE TRANSFER TO AIRWAY EPITHELIAPaul McCray; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is our goal to take advantage of this vector for lasting correction of CFTR deficiency. ..
- Detecting Endothelial Dysfunction in Renal FailureJulian Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2007..These data will form the basis of future noninvasive prognostic testing and treatment of patients at risk for ECD and can provide a means to follow treatment modalities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Human Anti-Macaque CCR5 Mabs for Passive ImmunotherapyWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will supply important information that may be directly applicable to similar human clinical settings. ..