Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ABL2
Description: ABL proto-oncogene 2, non-receptor tyrosine kinase
Alias: ABLL, ARG, Abelson tyrosine-protein kinase 2, abelson-related gene protein, c-abl oncogene 2, non-receptor tyrosine kinase, tyrosine-protein kinase ARG, v-abl Abelson murine leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2
Publications269 found, 100 shown here
- Use of beta-lactamase as a secreted reporter of promoter function in yeastC P Cartwright
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Worcester 01655
Yeast 10:497-508. 1994..P, a 67 residue 'processing' segment with three sites for N-glycosylation, terminates in a Lys Arg site for cleavage by the Kex2 protease...
- β1 integrin regulates Arg to promote invadopodial maturation and matrix degradationBrian T Beaty
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, New York, NY 10461, USA
Mol Biol Cell 24:1661-75, S1-11. 2013..Furthermore, β1 integrin interacts with the tyrosine kinase Arg and stimulates Arg-dependent phosphorylation of cortactin on tyrosine 421...
- c-Abl and Arg are activated in human primary melanomas, promote melanoma cell invasion via distinct pathways, and drive metastatic progressionS S Ganguly
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Pharmacology, University of Kentucky School of Medicine, Lexington, 40536, USA
Oncogene 31:1804-16. 2012..Here, we found a previously unrecognized role for c-Abl and Arg in melanoma progression...
- Reciprocal regulation of Abl and receptor tyrosine kinasesDivyamani Srinivasan
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Pharmacology, University of Kentucky School of Medicine, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40346, USA
Cell Signal 21:1143-50. 2009Previously, we showed that Abl kinases (c-Abl, Arg) are activated downstream of PDGF in a manner dependent on Src kinases and PLC-gamma1, and promote PDGF-mediated proliferation and migration of fibroblasts...
- An EGFR-Src-Arg-cortactin pathway mediates functional maturation of invadopodia and breast cancer cell invasionChristopher C Mader
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Cancer Res 71:1730-41. 2011..In this study, we provide evidence that the Abl-related nonreceptor tyrosine kinase Arg mediates epidermal growth factor (EGF)-induced cortactin phosphorylation, triggering actin polymerization in ..
- c-Abl and Arg tyrosine kinases regulate lysosomal degradation of the oncoprotein Galectin-3X Li
Beijing Institute of Biotechnology, Beijing, China
Cell Death Differ 17:1277-87. 2010..This study shows that c-Abl and Abl-related gene (Arg) associate with and phosphorylate Gal3...
- Two distinct phosphorylation pathways have additive effects on Abl family kinase activationKeith Q Tanis
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:3884-96. 2003The activities of the related Abl and Arg nonreceptor tyrosine kinases are kept under tight control in cells, but exposure to several different stimuli results in a two- to fivefold stimulation of kinase activity...
- Glutathione peroxidase 1 is regulated by the c-Abl and Arg tyrosine kinasesCheng Cao
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 278:39609-14. 2003The c-Abl and Arg tyrosine kinases are activated in the cellular response to oxidative stress...
- Comparative tyrosine-kinase profiles in colorectal cancers: enhanced arg expression in carcinoma as compared with adenoma and normal mucosaW S Chen
Division of Colorectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Int J Cancer 83:579-84. 1999..kinases expressed in these tissues: they include 10 non-receptor tyrosine kinases (yes, fyn, lyn, brk, abl, arg, jak1, jak3, tyk2 and itk), 17 receptor tyrosine kinases (erbB2, PDGF-Ralpha, PDGF-Rbeta, kit, c-fms, met, ron, FGF-..
- A new ETV6/TEL partner gene, ARG (ABL-related gene or ABL2), identified in an AML-M3 cell line with a t(1;12)(q25;p13) translocationY Iijima
Division of Molecular Cytogenetics, Department of Clinical Pathology, Research Institute, International Medical Center of Japan, Tokyo, Japan
Blood 95:2126-31. 2000..We identified a novel ETV6 partner gene, ARG (ABL-related gene or ABL2), another TK gene in a cell line established from a patient with acute myelogenous leukemia (AML-M3) with a t(15;17)..
- The ARG tyrosine kinase interacts with Siva-1 in the apoptotic response to oxidative stressC Cao
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 276:11465-8. 2001The Abl family of mammalian nonreceptor tyrosine kinases consists of c-Abl and ARG (Abl-related gene). Certain insights are available regarding the involvement c-Abl in the response of cells to stress...
- Sphingosine 1-phosphate induces membrane ruffling and increases motility of human umbilical vein endothelial cells via vascular endothelial growth factor receptor and CrkIIAkira Endo
Department of Structural Analysis, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:23747-54. 2002....
- The Abl family kinases: mechanisms of regulation and signalingAnn Marie Pendergast
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Adv Cancer Res 85:51-100. 2002
- ArgBP2, a multiple Src homology 3 domain-containing, Arg/Abl-interacting protein, is phosphorylated in v-Abl-transformed cells and localized in stress fibers and cardiocyte Z-disksB Wang
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 272:17542-50. 1997b>Arg and c-Abl represent the mammalian members of the Abelson family of protein-tyrosine kinases. A novel Arg/Abl-binding protein, ArgBP2, was isolated using a segment of the Arg COOH-terminal domain as bait in the yeast two-hybrid system...
- EG-1 interacts with c-Src and activates its signaling pathwayMing Lu
Department of Surgery, Division of Oncology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Int J Oncol 29:1013-8. 2006..Furthermore, EG-1 shows interaction with multiple other SH3- and WW-containing molecules involved in various signaling pathways. These observations suggest that EG-1 may be involved in signaling pathways including c-Src activation...
- The tyrosine kinase abl-related gene ARG is fused to ETV6 in an AML-M4Eo patient with a t(1;12)(q25;p13): molecular cloning of both reciprocal transcriptsG Cazzaniga
Clinica Pediatrica Università di Milano Bicocca, Ospedale San Gerardo, Monza, Italy
Blood 94:4370-3. 1999..reaction (3'RACE-PCR), a novel fusion transcript was identified between the ETV6 and the Abelson-related gene (ARG) at 1q25, resulting in a chimeric protein consisting of the HLH oligomerization domain of ETV6 and the SH2, SH3, ..
- Mediation by bradykinin of rat paw oedema induced by collagenase from Clostridium histolyticumF J Legat
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Graz, Austria
Br J Pharmacol 112:453-60. 1994..Heat-inactivated collagenase was ineffective. 3. The B2 bradykinin (BK) antagonist icatibant (D-Arg-[Hyp3-Thi5-D-Tic7- Oic8] bradykinin, formerly named Hoe-140) reduced oedema formation in a dose-dependent manner ..
- Bradykinin-induced activation of nociceptors: receptor and mechanistic studies on the neonatal rat spinal cord-tail preparation in vitroA Dray
Sandoz Institute for Medical Research, London
Br J Pharmacol 107:1129-34. 1992..The rank order potency was Hoe 140> LysLys [Hyp3,Thi5 8,D-Phe7]-bradykinin> D-Arg[Hyp3, Thi5'8, D-Phe7]-bradykinin = D-Arg[Hyp2,Thi5'8, D-Phe7]-bradykinin.7...
- Bradykinin-stimulated phosphoinositide metabolism in cultured canine tracheal smooth muscle cellsC M Yang
Department of Pharmacology, Chang Gung Medical College, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Br J Pharmacol 111:21-8. 1994..3 +/- 0.7 nM, (n = 5), respectively. 2. D-Arg[Hyp3, D-Phe7]-BK and D-Arg[Hyp3, Thi5,8, D-Phe7]-BK, B2 receptor antagonists, were equipotent in blocking the BK-..
- Ca(2+)-dependent and -independent mechanism of cyclic-AMP reduction: mediation by bradykinin B2 receptorsH Sipma
Groningen Institute for Drugs Studies GIDS, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Br J Pharmacol 115:937-44. 1995..cyclic AMP formation in isoprenaline prestimulated cells, while the bradykinin B2 receptor antagonists, Hoe 140 (D-Arg[Hyp3, Thi5, D-Tic7, Oic8]-BK) and D-Arg[Hyp3, Thi5,8, D-Phe7]-BK completely abolished the bradykinin response in ..
- Screening for mutations in the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein and steroidogenic factor-1 genes, and in CYP11A and dosage-sensitive sex reversal-adrenal hypoplasia gene on the X chromosome, gene-1 (DAX-1), in hyperandrogenic hirsute womenR M Calvo
Department of Endocrinology, , Madrid 28034, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:1746-9. 2001..Two variants were identified in the SF-1 gene. A G-->C change in exon 6, resulting in an Arg(365)Pro mutation, was found in 1 of 45 patients, but not in controls...
- Mechanism of bradykinin-induced plasma extravasation in the rat knee jointH Cambridge
Pharmacology Group, King s College London
Br J Pharmacol 115:641-7. 1995..into the knee which was inhibited by co-perfusion of the selective bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist D-Arg-[Hyp3,Thi5,D-Tic7,Oic8]-bradykinin (Hoe 140, 200 nM). 3...
- Bradykinin B1 receptors in the rabbit urinary bladder: induction of responses, smooth muscle contraction, and phosphatidylinositol hydrolysisS K Butt
Biomedical Sciences Division, King s College London, Chelsea
Br J Pharmacol 114:612-7. 1995..in the bladder were competitively antagonized by the B1 receptor-selective antagonists [Leu8,des-Arg9]-BK and D-Arg-[Hyp3,Thi5,D-Tic7,Oic8,des-Arg9]-BK ([des-Arg10]-Hoe140) (pKB estimates were 6.1 +/- 0.1 and 7.1 +/- 0...
- The long acting human insulin analog HOE 901: characteristics of insulin signalling in comparison to Asp(B10) and regular insulinL Berti
Abteilung IV, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, , Germany
Horm Metab Res 30:123-9. 1998HOE 901 is a new biosynthetic long-acting human insulin analog (GLY[A21]ARG[B31]ARG[B32])...
- [Presence of a specific binding site of endothelin on cultured smooth muscle cells]P Roubert
Institut Henri-Beaufour, Les Ulis, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:1261-3. 1989..2 nM, whereas an absence of competition was observed with 1 microM of vasoactive substances such as angiotensin II, arg-vasopressin, atrial natriuretic factor, histamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine, and with the calcium entry ..
- Bradykinin B2 receptors and coupling mechanisms in the smooth muscle of the guinea-pig taenia caeciJ L Field
Biomedical Sciences Division, King s College London, Chelsea, London
Br J Pharmacol 113:607-13. 1994..The B2 receptor-selective antagonist, D-Arg-[Hyp3,Thi5,D-Tic7,Oic8]-BK (Hoe 140) (30-300 nM), inhibited both the bradykinin-induced relaxation and contraction ..
- New family of glutathionyl-biomimetic ligands for affinity chromatography of glutathione-recognising enzymesS C Melissis
Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Agricultural University of Athens, Greece
J Chromatogr A 917:29-42. 2001..biomimetic moiety is primarily achieved by the strong ionic interactions with the Zn2+ ion of FaDH and Arg 114, and by the hydrophobic contacts made with Tyr 92 and Met 140...
- [Biogenesis of peroxisome--targeting signal and peroxisome assembly factor]Y Fujiki
Meiji Institute of Health Science, Kanagawa
No To Hattatsu 24:181-5. 1992..Further experiments have strongly suggested that the SKL motif, Ser/Ala-Lys/Arg/His-Leu-COOH commonly found at C-termini of many peroxisomal proteins, functions as a peroxisome-targeting signal...
- Role of platelet-activating factor (PAF) in platelet accumulation in rabbit skin: effect of the novel long-acting PAF antagonist, UK-74,505F Pons
Department of Applied Pharmacology, National Heart and Lung Institute, London
Br J Pharmacol 109:234-42. 1993..BK), histamine, formyl-methionyl-leucylphenylalanine (FMLP), zymosan-activated plasma (ZAP, as a source of C5a des Arg), leukotriene B4 (LTB4) or interleukin-8 (IL-8). 4. UK-74,505, administered i.v...
- Plasmodium falciparum in Kenya: high prevalence of drug-resistance-associated polymorphisms in hospital admissions with severe malaria in an epidemic areaS A Omar
Centre for Biotechnology Research Development, Kenya Medical Research Institute, P O Box 54840, Mbagathi Road, Nairobi, Kenya
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 95:661-9. 2001..samples also had the mutations associated with resistance to pyrimethamine and sulfadoxine: (Asn)51(Ile), (Cys)59(Arg) and (Ser)108(Asn) of gene dhfr (chromosome 4) and (Ala)437(Gly) and (Lys)540(Glu) of dhps (chromosome 8), ..
- Integration of the multiple controls regulating the expression of the arginase gene CAR1 of Saccharomyces cerevisiae in response to differentnitrogen signals: role of Gln3p, ArgRp-Mcm1p, and Ume6pE Dubois
Institut de Recherches du CERIA, , Brussels, Belgium
Mol Gen Genet 253:568-80. 1997..The UAS(arg), containing the previously defined "arginine boxes" is the region that responds to the inducer through the action ..
- Support of renal blood flow after ischaemic-reperfusion injury by endogenous formation of nitric oxide and of cyclo-oxygenase vasodilator metabolitesJ P Cristol
William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital Medical College, London
Br J Pharmacol 109:188-94. 1993..v., n = 4) significantly enhanced the rise in RVR associated with I/R injury. 4. Infusion of L-arginine (L-Arg; 1 or 3 mg kg-1 min-1, i.v., n = 5 and 4, respectively) or D-Arg (1 mg kg-1 min-1, i.v...
- The kinin B1 receptor antagonist des-Arg9-[Leu8]bradykinin: an antagonist of the angiotensin AT1 receptor which also binds to the AT2 receptorD Pruneau
Centre de Recherche, Laboratoires Fournier S C A, Daix, France
Br J Pharmacol 114:115-8. 1995..Values of Ki for des-Arg9-[Leu8]BK, des-Arg10-[Leu9]KD, des-Arg9-BK, des-Arg 10-KD and KD were 0.3 +/- 0.1, 0.7 +/- 0.1, 1.2 +/- 0.3, 1.5 +/- 0.3 and 7.0 +/- 1.6 microM, respectively. 6...
- Cloning and sequence analyses of cDNAs encoding vasotocin and isotocin precursors of chum salmon, Oncorhynchus keta: evolutionary relationships of neurohypophysial hormone precursorsS Hyodo
Laboratory of Physiology, University of Tokyo, Nakano
J Comp Physiol B 160:601-8. 1991..sIT precursors were found to contain a signal peptide and hormone that is connected to a neurophysin by a Gly-Lys-Arg sequence...
- The use of synthetic analogues of Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) and soluble receptor of tumor necrosis factor to prevent acute and chronic experimental liver injuryR Bruck
Department of Gastroenterology, E. Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Yale J Biol Med 70:391-402. 1997..The target epitope of several such integrin receptors is the Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) sequence, a cell adhesion motif shared by several matrix-associated adhesive glycoproteins...
- Liquid chromatographic determination of D- and L-amino acids by derivatization with o-phthaldialdehyde and N-isobutyryl-L-cysteine. Applications with reference to the analysis of peptidic antibiotics, toxins, drugs and pharmaceutically used amino acidsH Bruckner
Institute of Food Technology, University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
J Chromatogr A 711:201-15. 1995..bacitracin, gramicidins A and S, polymyxin B, metanicin C, the peptide toxin malformin A and the peptide drugs D-Arg-[Hyp3,Thi5,8,D-Phe7]-bradykinin, beta-casomorphin and alpha s1-exorphin...
- Effects of bradykinin receptor antagonists on antigen-induced respiratory distress, airway hyperresponsiveness and eosinophilia in guinea-pigsS G Farmer
Nova Pharmaceutical Corporation, Baltimore, Maryland 21224
Br J Pharmacol 107:653-9. 1992..A B2 receptor antagonist, D-Arg-[Hyp3, Thi5,8,D-Phe7]-BK (NPC 349) had a small, but statistically significant inhibitory effect on responsiveness ..
- NH2-terminal substitutions of basic amino acids induce translocation across the microsomal membrane and glycosylation of rabbit cytochrome P450IIC2E Szczesna-Skorupa
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801
J Cell Biol 108:1237-43. 1989Insertion of rabbit cytochrome P450IIC2 and its modified form, [2-lys,3-arg]P450IIC2, into microsomal membranes was studied in an in vitro transcription/translation/translocation system...
- Differential effects of B2 receptor antagonists upon bradykinin-stimulated phospholipase C and D in guinea-pig cultured tracheal smooth muscleS Pyne
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Strathclyde, Royal College, Glasgow
Br J Pharmacol 110:477-81. 1993..Bradykinin-stimulated (10 nM, EC40) Ins(1,4,5)P3 formation was inhibited by B2 receptor antagonists, D-Arg-[Hyp3,D-Phe7]-bradykinin (NPC 567) and D-Arg-[Hyp3,Thi5,8,D-Phe7]-bradykinin (NPC 349), with log IC50 values of -6...
- Cutaneous permeability responses to bradykinin and histamine in the guinea-pig: possible differences in their mechanism of actionW Paul
Department of Pharmacology, King s College, London
Br J Pharmacol 111:159-64. 1994..1 mumol/site) on the response to BK but not on that to histamine was significantly reversed by L-arginine (L-Arg; 10 mumol/site). D-arginine (D-Arg; 10 mumol/site) had no significant effect in either case. 5...
- Sensitive determination of N-terminal prolyl peptides by high-performance liquid chromatography with laser-induced fluorescence detectionM Ishibashi
Division of Drugs, National Institute of Health Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
J Chromatogr A 661:105-12. 1994..hormone), Pro-Thr-Pro-Ser-NH2 (IgA1 proteinase inhibitor) and Pro-Asp-Val-Asp-His-Val- Phe-Leu-Arg-Phe-NH2 [FMRF amide-like (Phe-Met-Arg-Phe-NH2) neuropeptide], were well separated by reversed-phase HPLC with water-..
- [Chronic and acute effect of cycletanine in NO-dependent hypertensive pregnant rats]B Van Overloop
CNRS URA 60, , , Illkirch-Graffenstaden
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 88:1223-7. 1995..enriched diet produced hypertension we measured in vivo cardiovascular responses to PGF2 alpha, L-arginine (L-arg) and cicletanine (Cic, IPSEN, France) which enhances PGI2 production...
- Nitric oxide in cyclosporine A-induced hypertension: role of protein kinase CG K Oriji
Hypertension-Endocrine Branch, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Am J Hypertens 12:1091-7. 1999..The effects of CsA were reversed both in vivo and in vitro by pretreatment with L-arginine (L-Arg; 10 mg/kg/day intraperitoneally), the precursor of NO...
- [Homologous and heterologous regulations of endothelin receptors on smooth muscle cells]P Roubert
Institut Henri-Beaufour, Les Ulis, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:1183-5. 1990..On the same conditions, Arg-vasopressin (1 microM) was able to down-regulate ET-1 receptors by less than 30 p...
- Glutamate 83 is important for stabilization of domain-domain conformation of Thermus aquaticus glycerol kinaseH S Huang
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagasaki University, Bunkyo-machi, Nagasaki 852-8521, Japan
J Biochem 128:207-11. 2000..Three residues (Arg-82, Glu-83, and Asp-244) of T...
- Release of proteins and polysaccharides from the albumen gland of the freshwater snail Helisoma duryi: effect of cAMP and brain extractsF Morishita
Zoological Institute, Faculty of Science, Hiroshima University, Higashi, Japan
J Comp Physiol A 182:817-25. 1998..The neuroactive agents serotonin, Phe-Met-Arg-Phe-amide, Tyr-Gly-Gly-Phe-Met-Arg-Phe-amide, small cardioactive peptide B, and caudodorsal cell hormone were also ..
- Rat tripeptidyl peptidase I: molecular cloning, functional expression, tissue localization and enzymatic characterizationP G Du
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Shiga University of Medical Science, Seta, Otsu, Japan
Biol Chem 382:1715-25. 2001..TPP I released the tripeptide Arg-Val-Tyr from angiotensin III more rapidly than from Ala-Ala-Phe-MCA, and also released Gly-Asn-Leu from neuromedin ..
- [Response of the coronary arteries to cold test and flow velocity increase is improved by deferoxamine but not by L-arginine in diabetic patients]A Nitenberg
Service de Physiologie et d'Explorations Fonctionnelles, INSERM U 426, , Colombes
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:1037-41. 1997..v. L-arginine (L-arg, 625 mg/min x 10 min) or i.v...
- Blunted GH response to growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) alone or combined with arginine in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusV Martina
Dipartimento di Fisiopatologia Clinica, , Italy
Horm Metab Res 27:26-30. 1995..OD), we investigated the somatotrope responsiveness to GHRH (1 microgram/kg) alone or combined with arginine (ARG, 0...
- Enhanced sensitivity for peptide mapping with electrospray liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry in the presence of signal suppression due to trifluoroacetic acid-containing mobile phasesA Apffel
Bay Analytical Operation, Hewlett-Packard Co, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Chromatogr A 712:177-90. 1995..A third application demonstrates the identification of glycosylation sites in an endoproteinase Arg C digest of single-chain plasminogen activator through the use of in-source collisionally induced dissociation.
- Differential effects of the PAF receptor antagonist UK-74,505 on neutrophil and eosinophil accumulation in guinea-pig skinM J Sanz
Department of Applied Pharmacology, National Heart and Lung Institute, London
Br J Pharmacol 113:513-21. 1994..on responses elicited by leukotriene B4 (LTB4) and zymosan-activated plasma (ZAP, used as a source of C5a des Arg). UK-74,505 (2...
- Clots of beta-fibrin. Viscoelastic properties, temperature dependence of elasticity, and interaction with fibrinogen-binding tetrapeptidesA Shimizu
Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706
Biophys J 53:311-8. 1988..Introduction (by diffusion) of the tetrapeptides Gly-His-Arg-Pro (GHRP) and Gly-Pro-Arg-Pro (GPRP), which resemble the B and A binding sites on the E domain of fibrin ..
- Abnormal polymerization and normal binding of plasminogen and t-PA in three new dysfibrinogenaemias: Barcelona III and IV (gamma Arg 275-->His) and Villajoyosa (gamma Arg 275-->Cys)M Borrell
, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 6:198-206. 1995..The altered properties observed in fibrin monomers produced from fibrinogen with the gamma Arg 275-->His or gamma Arg 275-->Cys substitution, suggests that this amino acid is important in maintaining the ..
- A yeast protein that bidirectionally affects nucleocytoplasmic transportD R Singleton
Institute of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Cell Sci 108:265-72. 1995..J. Cell Biol. 119, 737-747). NPL3 includes bipartite RNA recognition motifs (RRM) and a Gly-Arg repeat domain, as in several nucleolar proteins...
- Peptide chiral purity determination: hydrolysis in deuterated acid, derivatization with Marfey's reagent and analysis using high-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometryD R Goodlett
Immunobiology Research Institute, Annandale, NJ 08801, USA
J Chromatogr A 707:233-44. 1995..This procedure was used to determine the chiral purity of each amino acid in a purified, hexapeptide by-product (Arg-Lys-Lys-Asp-Val-Tyr) present in a kilogram batch of the synthetic pentapeptide, thymopentin (Arg-Lys-Asp-Val-Tyr).
- Characterization of beta-galactosidase mutations Asp332-->Asn and Arg148-->Ser, and a polymorphism, Ser532-->Gly, in a case of GM1 gangliosidosisS Zhang
Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1X8
Biochem J 348:621-32. 2000..converts Asp(332) into asparagine, and both a mutation (C492-->A in exon 4, leading to the amino acid change of Arg(148)-->Ser) and a polymorphism (A1644-->G in exon 15, leading to a change of Ser(532)-->Gly) on the other ..
- Analysis of two mutated vacuolar proteins reveals a degradation pathway in the endoplasmic reticulum or a related compartment of yeastA Finger
, , Germany
Eur J Biochem 218:565-74. 1993..Mutant CPY carries an Arg instead of a Gly residue in a highly conserved region, two positions distant from the active-site Ser...
- Melanocortins and cardiovascular regulationD H Versteeg
Department of Medical Pharmacology, Rudolf Magnus Institute for Neurosciences, Utrecht University, Netherlands
Eur J Pharmacol 360:1-14. 1998..of pro-opiomelanocortin-derived peptides that have the melanocyte-stimulating hormone (MSH) core sequence, His-Phe-Arg-Trp, in common. Melanocortins have been described as having a variety of cardiovascular effects...
- A recombinant hybrid anaphylatoxin with dual C3a/C5a activityW Bautsch
Institute of Medical Microbiology, Hanover Medical School, Germany
Biochem J 288:261-6. 1992..sequence of human C5a were exchanged to create the native C-terminal human C3a (hC3a) sequence Leu-Gly-Leu-Ala-Arg. This hybrid anaphylatoxin rC5a-(1-69)-LGLAR exhibited true C3a and C5a activity when tested in the guinea pig ..
- A kallikrein-like enzyme in human vascular tissueP Madeddu
Clinica Medica, Sassari University, Italy
Am J Hypertens 6:344-8. 1993..for protein content and for active and total (trypsin activation) enzymatic activity on the peptide H-D-Val-Leu-Arg-paranitroanilide (S2266), a synthetic substrate for glandular kallikrein...
- Stability of o-phthalaldehyde-sulfite derivatives of amino acids and their methyl esters: electrochemical and chromatographic propertiesG Turiak
Department of Pharmacology, Boston University School of Medicine, MA 02118
J Chromatogr A 668:323-9. 1994..detection was used to monitor the decomposition of five amino acid o-phthalaldehyde (OPA)-sulfite derivatives (Ala, Arg, Glu, Ser, Tyr) and their methyl ester derivatives as well...
- Substitutions at the P(1) position in BPTI strongly affect the association energy with serine proteinasesA Grzesiak
Protein Engineering Laboratory, Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Wroclaw, Tamka 2, Wroclaw, 50-137, Poland
J Mol Biol 301:205-17. 2000..seven different mutants of bovine pancreatic trypsin inhibitor (BPTI); the mutants contain Gly, Ala, Ser, Val, Leu, Arg, and Trp at the P(1) position of the reactive site...
- A ubiquitin mutant with specific defects in DNA repair and multiubiquitinationJ Spence
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Mol Cell Biol 15:1265-73. 1995..chains, we examined the effects of individually substituting each of six other Lys residues in ubiquitin with Arg. Substitution of Lys-63 resulted in the disappearance of a family of abundant multiubiquitin-protein conjugates...
- De novo design, synthesis, and pharmacology of alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone analogues derived from somatostatin by a hybrid approachGuoxia Han
Departments of Chemistry and Anatomy, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
J Med Chem 47:1514-26. 2004..CTAP which binds specifically to micro opioid receptors, and the core pharmacophore of alpha-MSH (His-Phe-Arg-Trp)...
- Characteristics of the bradykinin-induced changes in intracellular calcium ion concentration of single bovine tracheal smooth muscle cellsK A Marsh
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Nottingham Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre
Br J Pharmacol 110:29-35. 1993..7 M) in the presence of extracellular calcium ions (2 mM). The bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist, D-Arg[Hyp3,Thi5,8,D-Phe7]- bradykinin, produced a parallel shift to the right of the bradykinin concentration-response ..
- Differential effects of lumenal L-arginine and NG-nitro L-arginine on blood flow and water fluxes in rat ileumD Mailman
Biology Department, University of Houston, TX 77204
Br J Pharmacol 112:304-10. 1994..NO) in the local regulation of H2O absorption and blood flow in rat ileum was studied by perfusing L-arginine (L-Arg) (0.1-1.0 mM) and NG-nitro L-arginine (L-NOARG) (0.01-1.0 mM) through the lumen...
- Total resolution of 17 DL-amino acids labelled with a fluorescent chiral reagent, R(-)-4-(3-isothiocyanatopyrrolidin-1-y1)-7-(N,N-dimethylaminosulfonyl)- 2,1,3-benzoxadiazole, by high-performance liquid chromatographyD Jin
Department of Analytical Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Japan
J Chromatogr A 822:215-24. 1998..Peak resolution was in the range of 0.92 (DL-Arg)-9.8 (DL-Cys)...
- Inhibitory actions of diphenyleneiodonium on endothelium-dependent vasodilatations in vitro and in vivoY X Wang
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Br J Pharmacol 110:1232-8. 1993..relaxation was prevented by pretreatment with NADPH (5 x 10(-3) M) and FAD (5 x 10(-4) M) but not L-arginine (L-Arg, 2 x 10(-3) M)...
- Porin of Rhodobacter capsulatus: biochemical and functional characterizationD Woitzik
, Mikrobiologie, , Freiburg, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 45:576-82. 1990..0, was obtained on isoelectric focusing. Gas-phase sequencing of the 23 N-terminal residues revealed Glu-Val-Lys-Leu-Ser-Gly-Asp-Ala-Arg-Met-Gly-Val-Met-Tyr-Asn-Gly-Asp-Asp- X-Asn- Phe-Ser-Ser.
- A stretch of positively charged amino acids at the N terminus of Hansenula polymorpha Pex3p is involved in incorporation of the protein into the peroxisomal membraneR J Baerends
Eukaryotic Microbiology, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute, University of Groningen, Kerklaan 30, 9751 NN Haren, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 275:9986-95. 2000..Here, we show that a conserved stretch of positively charged amino acids (Arg(11)-X-Lys-Lys-Lys(15)) in the N terminus of Hansenula polymorpha Pex3p is involved in incorporation of the protein ..
- Modulation by APGW-amide, an Achatina endogenous inhibitory tetrapeptide, of currents induced by neuroactive compounds on Achatina neurons: peptidesX Y Han
Department of Physiology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Japan
Gen Pharmacol 29:531-8. 1997..2. Outward current (Iout) caused by FMRFamide (Phe-Met-Arg-Phe-NH2) on v-RCDN, which was probably K+ dependent, was inhibited with membrane conductance (g) increase by APGW-..
- In the absence of endogenous mouse apolipoprotein E, apolipoprotein E*2(Arg-158 --> Cys) transgenic mice develop more severe hyperlipoproteinemia than apolipoprotein E*3-Leiden transgenic miceB J van Vlijmen
TNO Prevention and Health, Gaubius Laboratory, 2301 CE Leiden, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 271:30595-602. 1996Apolipoprotein E*2(Arg-158 --> Cys) (APOE*2) transgenic mice were generated and compared to the previously generated apolipoprotein E*3-Leiden (APOE*3-Leiden) transgenic mice to study the variable expression of hyperlipoproteinemia ..
- Dietary L-arginine supplementation normalizes regional blood flow in Dahl-Iwai salt-sensitive ratsH He
Department of Pharmacology, Kagawa Medical School, Miki-cho, Kita-gun, Japan
Am J Hypertens 10:89S-93S. 1997..One group (S or R rats) was maintained on tap water and the other group (S/Arg) of S rats received tap water containing L-arginine at a concentration of 1.5%...
- Transition from argatroban to oral anticoagulation with phenprocoumon or acenocoumarol: effects on prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time, and Ecarin Clotting TimeSebastian Harder
Pharmazentrum Frankfurt, Institute for Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Thromb Haemost 91:1137-45. 2004Treatment with the direct thrombin inhibitor argatroban (ARG) is often followed by vitamin K-antagonist treatment (VKA). Phenprocoumon (PC) and acenocoumarol (AC) are frequently used in Europe...
- Involvement of mechanisms dependent on NMDA receptors, nitric oxide and protein kinase A in the hippocampus but not in the caudate nucleus in memoryJ Quevedo
, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Behav Pharmacol 8:713-7. 1997The effects of the NMDA receptor antagonist AP5, the nitric oxide synthase (NO) inhibitor NO-arg or the protein kinase A (PKA) inhibitor KT5720 on memory were evaluated...
- An 18.3 kb DNA fragment from yeast chromosome VII carries four unknown open reading frames, the gene for an Asn synthase, remnants of Ty and three tRNA genesL van Dyck
, , Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
Yeast 13:171-6. 1997..The segment also contains tRNA genes for Asn, Arg and Ile as well as sigma element and two solo deltas...
- Trp64Arg mutation of beta3-adrenergic receptor in essential hypertension: insulin resistance and the adrenergic systemT Fujisawa
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Am J Hypertens 10:101-5. 1997..The allele frequency of the mutation (Arg) in patients with essential hypertension was similar to that in control subjects (35 of 202 alleles [17...
- Processing of C-terminal lysine and arginine residues of proteins isolated from mammalian cell cultureR J Harris
Analytical Chemistry Department, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Chromatogr A 705:129-34. 1995C-terminal Lys or Arg residues whose presence was expected based on gene sequence information are often absent in proteins isolated from mammalian cell culture...
- [Prognosis and evaluation of drug therapy by V3 and RT gene analysis of HIV-1]M Morimoto
Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health, Japan
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 70:347-53. 1996..HIV-1 from a patient who had rapidly taken a turn for the worse had basic amino acid at position 11 (Arg) and lost an acidic amino acid at position 25 (Gln) of V3...
- Selection and characterization of amino acid substitutions at residues 237-240 of TEM-1 beta-lactamase with altered substrate specificity for aztreonam and ceftazidimeC Cantu
Structural and Computational Biology and Molecular Biophysics Program, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 271:22538-45. 1996..exhibited a Gly for Ala substitution at position 237, a Ser for Gly substitution at position 238, and a Lys/Arg for Glu at position 240...
- Differences in substrate and inhibitor sequence specificity of human, mouse and rat tissue kallikreinsSandro E Fogaça
Department of Biophysics, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Rua Tres de Maio 100, São Paulo 04044 20, Brazil
Biochem J 380:775-81. 2004..Bradykinin was released from these peptides by the mK1- and rK1-mediated hydrolysis of Arg-Arg and Arg-Ser (or Arg-Ala) peptide bonds...
- Effects of L-arginine and furosemide on blood pressure and renal function in volume-expanded ratsM A Costa
Catedra de Fisiologia, Departamento de Ciencias Biologicas, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Junin 956, Capital Federal, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 28:528-32. 20011. The aim of the present study was to investigate the effects of L-arginine (L-Arg) on blood pressure and water and electrolyte excretion in control and extracellular fluid volume-expanded rats (10% bodyweight with 0...
- Potentiation of the vasorelaxant activity of nitric oxide by hydroxyguanidine: implications for the nature of endothelium-derived relaxing factorA Zembowicz
William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital Medical College, London
Br J Pharmacol 107:1001-7. 1992..These relaxations were inhibited by NG-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester (L-NAME, 10 microM) and L-arginine (L-Arg, 1 mM) reversed the inhibitory effects of L-NAME. 7...
- Two novel mutations in the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor gene in Brazilian patients with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and normal olfactionE M Costa
Unidade de Endocrinologia do Desenvolvimento e Laboratório de Hormônios e Genética Molecular LIM 42, da Disciplina de Endocrinologia do Hospital das Clínicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo 01060 970, Brazil
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:2680-6. 2001..A novel missense mutation, Arg(139)His, located in the conserved DRS motif at the junction of the third transmembrane and the second intracellular ..
- Effects of arginine on pancreatic hormones and hepatic metabolism in rainbow troutT P Mommsen
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 3P6, Canada
Physiol Biochem Zool 74:668-78. 2001Arginine (Arg), injected intraperitoneally into rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss), increases plasma concentrations of glucagon, glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), and insulin by three- to 10-fold...
- Biochemical enrichment and biophysical characterization of a taste receptor for L-arginine from the catfish, Ictalurus puntatusWilliam Grosvenor
Monell Chemical Senses Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104 3308, USA
BMC Neurosci 5:25. 2004..Many of these receptors are sensitive to selected amino acids, one of these being a receptor for L-arginine (L-Arg)...
- Mechanisms that regulate the anticoagulant function of coagulation factor VE Thorelli
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Lund University, University Hospital Malmo, Sweden
Scand J Clin Lab Invest Suppl 229:19-26. 1999..factor V is composed of domains A1-A2-B-A3-C1-C2 and is activated by thrombin through proteolytic cleavage at Arg 709, Arg 1018 and Arg 1545...
- Arg-27, Arg-127 and Arg-155 in the beta-trefoil protein barley alpha-amylase/subtilisin inhibitor are interface residues in the complex with barley alpha-amylase 2K W Rodenburg
Carlsberg Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Copenhagen, Denmark
Biochem J 309:969-76. 1995..fragments of labelled BASI were purified by reverse-phase HPLC, and we concluded that the radiolabelled Arg-27, Arg-155 and most likely Arg-127, identified by amino acid, sequence and 14C analyses, are protected by AMY2...
- hOGG1 Ser326Cys and XRCC1 Arg399Gln polymorphisms associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseShi fang Yang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Tongji Hospital Affiliated to Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430030, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:960-6. 2009..e., part of them develop COPD. We investigated the association between polymorphisms in DNA repair genes hOGG1 (Ser326Cys) and XRCC1 (Arg399Gln), alone or in combination, and susceptibility of COPD...
- [Autoradiography reporter gene (Ad5-tk carrying HSV1-tk gene) expression imaging in rat myocardium]Ying Liu
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Union Hospital, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Hubei Key Laboratory of Molecular Imaging, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 37:925-30. 2009..We explored the feasibility of the expression imaging of HSV1-tk reporter gene in rat myocardium by using SPECT reporter probe (131)I-2'-fluoro-2'-deoxy-1-beta-D-arabinofuranosyl-5-iodouracil ((131)I-FIAU) and autoradiography (ARG).
- Effect of beta2-adrenergic receptor polymorphism on response to longacting beta2 agonist in asthma (LARGE trial): a genotype-stratified, randomised, placebo-controlled, crossover trialMichael E Wechsler
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Lancet 374:1754-64. 2009..with asthma who are homozygous for arginine at the 16th amino acid position of the beta2-adrenergic receptor (B16 Arg/Arg) benefit less from treatment with longacting beta2 agonists and inhaled corticosteroids than do those ..
- Growth and immunity of broiler chicks as affected by dietary arginineM T Kidd
Department of Poultry Science, Mississippi State University, MS 39762, USA
Poult Sci 80:1535-42. 2001A dietary deficiency of Arg may suppress chick immune system functions; however, research evaluating immune function responsiveness of commercial broilers fed dietary Arg levels near NRC (1994) recommendations is sparse...
- Arginine-enriched total parenteral nutrition improves survival in peritonitis by normalizing NFkappaB activation in peritoneal resident and exudative leukocytesChikara Ueno
Department of Surgery, National Defense Medical College, Saitama, Japan
Ann Surg 251:959-65. 2010..We hypothesized that arginine (ARG)-enriched parenteral nutrition would normalize NFkappaB activation in peritoneal leukocytes, thereby improving the ..
- Development of a wound dressing composed of hyaluronic acid sponge containing arginine and epidermal growth factorYasuhiro Matsumoto
R and D Center for Artificial Skin, School of Allied Health Sciences, Kitasato University, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 21:715-26. 2010..Each spongy sheet was immersed into an aqueous solution of LMW-HA containing arginine (Arg) alone or both Arg and epidermal growth factor (EGF), and were then freeze-dried to prepare two types of product...
- Mass spectrometric characterization of modifications to angiotensin II by lipid peroxidation products, 4-oxo-2(E)-nonenal and 4-hydroxy-2(E)-nonenalSeon Hwa Lee
Department of Bioanalytical Chemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aoba ku, Sendai, Japan
Chem Res Toxicol 23:1771-85. 2010The octapeptide angiotensin II (Ang II; Asp(1)-Arg(2)-Val(3)-Tyr(4)-Ile(5)-His(6)-Pro(7)-Phe(8)) is the primary active hormone of the renin/angiotensin system (RAS) and has been implicated in various cardiovascular diseases...
- In vivo kinetics of human apolipoprotein A-I variants in rabbitsK Saku
Department of Internal Medicine, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Japan
Eur J Clin Invest 29:196-203. 1999..In this study, we investigated the in vivo kinetics of several human apo A-I variants, which we had identified previously, in rabbits...
- Synergistic therapeutic potential of dexamethasone and L-arginine in lipopolysaccharide-induced septic shockSaurabh Chatterjee
Immunology and Hyperthermia Section, Radiation Biology and Health Sciences Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Trombay, Mumbai, India
J Surg Res 140:99-108. 2007..L-arginine (L-arg), a semi-essential amino acid, depending on its metabolic pathway, becomes very essential in stress situations such ..
- Evidence for participation of B1 and B2 kinin receptors in formalin-induced nociceptive response in the mouseC R Correa
Department of Pharmacology, CCB, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis SC, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 110:193-8. 1993..Similar results were obtained with the B2 antagonists NPC 349 (D-Arg[Hyp3,Thi5,8-D-Phe7]-BK) and NPC 567 (D-Arg[Hyp3, D-Phe7]-BK) (0.2 and 0.6 nmol/paw)...
- Copper(II) complexes of L-arginine as netropsin mimics showing DNA cleavage activity in red lightAshis K Patra
Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560 012, India
Inorg Chem 48:2932-43. 2009Copper(II) complexes [Cu(L-arg)(2)](NO(3))(2) (1) and [Cu(L-arg)(B)Cl]Cl (2-5), where B is a heterocyclic base, namely, 2,2'-bipyridine (bpy, 2), 1,10-phenanthroline (phen, 3), dipyrido[3,2-d:2',3'-f]quinoxaline (dpq, 4), and dipyrido[3,..
- The tRNA-dependent activation of arginine by arginyl-tRNA synthetase requires inter-domain communicationM Lazard
Laboratoire d Enzymologie et Biochimie Structurales, UPR 9063 du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Gif sur Yvette, 91190, France
J Mol Biol 302:991-1004. 2000..A conditional lethal mutant of Chinese hamster ovary cells that exhibits reduced arginyl-tRNA synthetase activity (Arg-1), and two of its derived revertants (Arg-1R4 and Arg-1R5) were analyzed at the structural and functional levels...
- A multitracer stable isotope quantification of the effects of arginine intake on whole body arginine metabolism in neonatal pigletsKristine L Urschel
Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E811-8. 2007..and femoral vein catheters for blood sampling, received a complete diet for 2 days and then either a generous (+Arg; 1.80 g x kg(-1) x day(-1); n = 5) or deficient (-Arg; 0.20 g.kg(-1).day(-1); n = 5) arginine diet for 5 days...
- Regulation of a Novel Trypanosome RNA Binding Protein by Arginine MethylationKaylen Lott; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The goal of this project is to identify mechanisms by which arginine (arg) methylation regulates gene expression in kinetoplastid parasites. Kinetoplastids, including Trypanosoma brucei, T...
- Essential Hypertension and Human Skin Blood FlowLacy M Alexander; Fiscal Year: 2013..to limit NO synthesis through constitutive NOSs due to preferential metabolism if the NOS substrate L-arginine (L-arg) by arginase-- and (3) an increase in oxidant production through uncoupled NOS due to inadequate L-arg and/or ..
- Thermally Triggered Multivalent Targeting of TumorsAshutosh Chilkoti; Fiscal Year: 2013..display a strong threshold effect in their cell penetration ability;below a threshold of 6 consecutive arginine (Arg) residues in the CPP, little cell uptake is observed, while above this threshold number of Arg residues, there is ..
- Immune-based nutrient deprivation and neurodegenerative diseaseCarol Anne Colton; Fiscal Year: 2013..Increased activity of two enzymes are featured in immunosuppression;namely arginase (Arg) that uses arginine to make ornithine for polyamine and proline production and Indoleamine dioxygenase (IDO) that ..
- Arginine Availability and Metabolism in the Immune Evasion of H. pyloriKeith T Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2013..pylori fails to eradicate the organism. Our work has focused on the role of L-arginine (L-Arg) in the macrophage response to H. pylori...
- Effects of GSH +/- Arginine on Markers of Inflammation Among Adults with CVD RiskChristopher D Gardner; Fiscal Year: 2010..will be randomly assigned for 8 weeks to either: 1) glutathione (GSH, n=30), 2) glutathione + arginine (GSH+Arg, n=30) or placebo (Plac, n=30). Data will be collected at baseline, 2, 4, and 8 weeks...
- Regulation of Lung Fibrosis by Alternatively Activated Macrophages and Arginase-1ROBERT MATTHEW TIGHE; Fiscal Year: 2013..of targeted deletion of arginase-1 in macrophages and fibroblasts after non-infectious injury using a floxed arg-1 allele crossed with either a cre-recombinase strain that targets macrophages or fibroblasts...
- H. pylori induced DNA Damage and Immune DysregulationKeith T Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2013..apoptosis;and 2.) inhibition of nitric oxide (NO) synthesis, by inhibition of L-arginine (L-Arg)-dependent inducible nitric oxide (NO) synthase (iNOS) protein translation...
- Immunomodulatory effects of arginine supplementation in colitis and colon cancerKeith T Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have been focusing on the role of the semi-essential amino acid, L-arginine (L-Arg) as a complementary and alternative medicine...
- Role of Ubiquitin in Cardiovascular SystemSong Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..Conjugation of arginine (Arg) from Arg-tRNAArg to N-terminal aspartate (Asp), glutamate (Glu), or cysteine (Cys) is part of this proteolytic ..
- Hyperphenylalaninemia in cerebral malariaDONALD LEE GRANGER; Fiscal Year: 2010..We discovered that Tanzanian children with CM have markedly low plasma levels of arginine (Arg) and markedly elevated phenylalanine (Phe). Arg is needed for synthesis of nitric oxide (NO) by NO synthases (NOS)...
- Protein Arginine Methylation in TrypanosomesLaurie K Read; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Protein arginine (arg) methylation is a common posttranslational modification of RNA binding proteins (RNA BPs) in yeast and mammals...
- Protein Arginine Methylation in TrypanosomesLAURIE READ; Fiscal Year: 2009Protein arginine (arg) methylation is a common posttranslational modification of RNA binding proteins (RNA BPs) in yeast and mammals...
- Arginase II, A Novel Target in AtherosclerosisLewis H Romer; Fiscal Year: 2013..or siRNA knockdown of mitochondrial processing peptidase (MPP) reduce the cytosolic abundance and activity of Arg-2 following Ox-LDL stimulation...
- Nitric oxide deficiency in chronic renal diseaseChris Baylis; Fiscal Year: 2013..removal of the endogenous NO synthase (NOS) inhibitor asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA);decreased substrate (L- Arg) availability due to reduction in renal L-Arg synthesis and also reductions in endothelial arginine transport;..
- Arginine Uptake Mechanisms Regulate Nitric Oxide in the Renal VasculatureDavid L Mattson; Fiscal Year: 2011..Previous work from our laboratory demonstrated the importance of L-Arginine (L-Arg) uptake mechanisms in renal epithelial cells...
- A new post-translational modification, citrullination, changes in heart failureJennifer E Van Eyk; Fiscal Year: 2013..citrullination (deimination), a post-translational modification (PTM) altering the amino acid residue arginine (Arg), has recently become an area of interest due its emerging role in human auto-immune diseases...
- Arginine Availability, Modulated by MDSC, Regulates T Cell Function in CancerAugusto C Ochoa; Fiscal Year: 2013Myeloid-Derived Suppressor Cells (MDSC) expressing Arginase (ARG) 1 are potent inhibitors of T cell function in cancer. MDSC deplete L-Arginine (L-Arg) in serum and the tumor microenvironment, severely impairing anti- tumor responses...
- Retention of somatic mutations in cancers by changes in pH sensingRYAN DANIEL HERNANDEZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..To limit the scope and risk of testing this new idea we will focus on Arg>His mutations in cancers with the prediction that these mutations encode a gain of pH sensing...
- ROLE OF L-ARGININE IN CONTROL OF BRAIN MICROCIRCULATIONWilliam Rosenblum; Fiscal Year: 1993..Diameter will be monitored by TV microscopy. We will test the ability of L-Arg to dilate the arterioles and the ability of L-NMMA to block this dilation and to constrict the arterioles...
- Mechanism of Cell Surface Assembly Catalyzed by SortasesNARAYANA VL STHANAM; Fiscal Year: 2012..the structures of enzyme sortases that are responsible for surface protein anchoring and identified a putative Cys-Arg catalytic dyad that is needed for sortase driven transpeptidation...
- Programmed translation arrest controlled by nascent peptides and antibioticsNora Vazquez-Laslop; Fiscal Year: 2013..The peptides of this class are characterize dby the presence of an 'RLR'(Arg-Leu-Arg) motif...
- Competing roles of microRNAs and RNA-binding proteins in drug addictionNORA IRMA PERRONE-BIZZOZERO; Fiscal Year: 2013..GU-rich sequence in mRNAs;2) Their binding sites are overrepresented in transcripts from an addiction-related gene (ARG) database;3) They show differential regulation by cocaine in addiction-related brain regions, with miR-495 being ..
- Impact of miR-495 vs. HuD in the Control of Addiction-Related Genes and BehaviorNORA IRMA PERRONE-BIZZOZERO; Fiscal Year: 2013..GU-rich sequence in mRNAs;2) their binding sites are overrepresented in transcripts from an addiction-related gene (ARG) database;3) they show differential regulation by cocaine, with miR-495 downregulated and HuD upregulated in the ..
- Integrin alphaIIbbeta3 Structure, Activation, and Ligand BindingBarry Coller; Fiscal Year: 2013..to activate [unreadable]IIb[unreadable]3 compared to [unreadable]IIb[unreadable]3 antagonists patterned on the Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) cell recognition sequence...
- Identification of short functional motifs as potential drug targets for HIVMartin Schiller; Fiscal Year: 2009..For example, the HIV envelope polyprotein (Env) contains a short consensus motif (Arg-x-Lys/Arg-Arg;[unreadable]x[unreadable]is any residue) for cleavage by the host protease, Furin...
- PROCESSING OF PRECURSORS TO MRNA IN DROSPHILASTEPHEN MOUNT; Fiscal Year: 1999..Both proteins contain RRM regions and Ser/Arg rich regions...
- Targeted Plasma Peptidomics: Endogenous Mu-Opioid Receptor PeptidesBrian Reed; Fiscal Year: 2013..focusing on putative mu-opioid receptor peptide ligands ([unreadable]-endorphin, Met-enkephalin, Met-enkephalin-Arg-Phe, Met-enkephalin-Arg-Gly-Leu, and Leu- enkephalin)...
- Mechanisms of a Novel Chemotactic Cofactor for C5aRichard R Kew; Fiscal Year: 2011Activation of complement (C) with consequent generation of the C5-derived peptides C5a and C5a des Arg is a primary chemotactic stimulus at sites of infection or injury...
- Resolution of Epithelial Cell HyperplasiaYohannes Tesfaigzi; Fiscal Year: 2013..A polymorphism in the p53 gene at codon 72 (Arg/Pro) differentially affects Bcl-2 expression;p53Pro increases more efficiently than p53Arg, the pro-apoptotic ..
- The mechanism of Arg kinase activation by integrin B1Anthony J Koleske; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Integrin adhesion receptor signaling through the Abl and Arg nonreceptor tyrosine kinases activates several major cytoskeletal effectors to coordinate changes in cytoskeletal structure...
- Potential of a dominant-negative FGF mutant as a therapeutic in cancerYoshikazu Takada; Fiscal Year: 2012..We developed an FGF1 mutant (Arg-50 to Glu, R50E) that is defective in integrin binding but still binds to FGF-receptor or heparin...
- Structure and Function of CarboxypeptidasesRandal A Skidgel; Fiscal Year: 2013..carboxypeptidase (CP) M is an important regulator of the kallikrein- kinin system via its ability to generate des-Arg-kinin agonists of the G-protein coupled kinin B1 receptor (B1R)...
- MECHANISM OF MYCOBACTERIUM TUBERCULOSIS PERSISTENCEADRIE JC STEYN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Previous work had shown that a point mutation (Arg ->His) in the 4.2 domain of RpoV, the principal sigma factor in 515 Mycobacterium bovis, is attenuating...
- Sequential ion/ion reactions for large peptide and whole protein characterizationJoshua J Coon; Fiscal Year: 2013..across the globe-nearly 300 to date-enabling access to numerous previously intractable problems such as mapping Arg methylation sites, increasing coverage of low molecular weight proteins, providing unambiguous PTM site assignment, ..
- Protease EngineeringBrent L Iverson; Fiscal Year: 2012..In particular, we will target Gln-His-Ala-Arg-Ala-Ser (QHA$RAS), residues 68-73 of the C-terminus of the C3a anaphylatoxin peptide...
- PEPTIDE EFFECTORS OF ENTERIC HOST DEFENSEAndre J Ouellette; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Arg to Lys mutations will be made in Crp4 and proCrp4 at all positions, and the effects of mutagenesis on mechanisms of ..
- Novel Protein PhosphatasesCAROLYN ANN WORBY; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the protein tyrosine phosphatase (PTP) super family contain the highly conserved active site motif, Cys-x5-Arg (Cx5R), and are key mediators of a variety of cellular processes including growth, differentiation, motility, ..
- Computational Modeling of Post-translational Modifications in ProteinsCHAYA K RAPP; Fiscal Year: 2011..Hydrogen bonding will further be studied using molecular dynamics simulation of tripeptides Arg-Gly-xTyr and Lys-Gly-xTyr, with xTyr representing unmodified, sulfated, or phosphorylated tyrosine...
- Excessive Receptor Editing and Generation of Autoreactive Antibodies in SLEZhixin Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2012..naove B cells revealed many features of autoantibodies, such as long CDR3 regions with multiple positively charged Arg residues...
- Cross-talk Between Coagulation, Inflammation, and ImmunityLawrence L Leung; Fiscal Year: 2013..vivo;the targets for CPB include bradykinin, C5a, the generation of plasmin and thrombin-cleaved osteopontin (OPN-Arg or OPN-R)...
- Translational Machinery in Stress Signaling and Tumor SuppressionTHOMAS J contact BEGLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..The yeast homolog of TRM9 enhances the translation of transcripts over-represented with specific ARG and GLU codons...
- ARGININE THERAPY IN SICKLE CELL DISEASECLAUDIA MORRIS; Fiscal Year: 2004..L- Arginine (L-Arg) is the precursor to NO, and Dr...
- Genetic Analysis of FAK ActivityDavid D Schlaepfer; Fiscal Year: 2012..To support this model, we have generated a kinase-dead (KD) knock in point mutation (Lys-454 to Arg, R454) in exon 21 of mouse fak by homologous recombination...
- Functional characterization of the Bronx waltzer deafness geneBotond Banfi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our central hypothesis is that the bv mutation truncates the novel spliceosomal protein Ser/Arg-repetitive matrix 4 (SRRM4) in such a way that this protein fails to mediate key RNA splicing events necessary for ..
- A New Pathway for Neutrophil-induced Airway InflammationJ Edwin Blalock; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have developed a potent antagonist, Arg-Thr-Arg, termed RTR, which binds PGP in solution and blocks its in vitro chemotactic activity and in vivo ..
- Role of Angiogenic CXC Chemokines in Intramembranous Bone RepairDean T Yamaguchi; Fiscal Year: 2013..CXC chemokines have a signature glu-leu-arg (ELR) sequence upstream to the CXC motif (ELR+ CXC chemokines) and are also uniquely angiogenic...
- Molecular mechanisms in the regulation of p53 functions by PAD4Yanming Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., histone acetyltransferases and protein Arg methyltransferases) and corepressors (e.g...
- Human Embryonic Stem Cells in Calcium Phosphate Constructs for Bone RegenerationHUAKUN XU; Fiscal Year: 2013..While the Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) peptide has been used in other scaffolds, there has been no report on its use in CPC...
- Initiation and Regulation of Chronic Autoimmune Prostate InflammationTimothy L Ratliff; Fiscal Year: 2013..Moreover, the cationic amino acid transporter that functions to deliver L-Arg to MDSC was identified...
- Dendritic Cell Activation by Mitochondrial Transcription Factor AElliott D Crouser; Fiscal Year: 2010..in promoting DC Type 1 interferon responses to TFAM and CpG DNA, 3) we will determine if the DNA-binding Pro-Lys-Arg sequence of TFAM protein is responsible for its pro- inflammatory biological activity...
- Targeting Entry Pathways in LeishmaniasisDAWN MARIE WETZEL; Fiscal Year: 2013..integrin and Abl allow promastigote uptake by macrophages, 2) interactions among FcR, Src family kinases, and Arg allow amastigote uptake by macrophages, and 3) drugs that can inhibit these signaling proteins will decrease the ..
- Regulation of Food Intake and Body Weight by GLP-1ROGER REIDELBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2010..GLP-1 and GLP-1(7-36)-Gly;other predicted/detected GLP-1 forms in gut tissue and blood include GLP-1(7-36)-Gly- Arg-Arg, GLP-1(1-36)-amide, GLP-1(1-36)-Gly, and GLP-1(1-36)-Gly-Arg-Arg...
- Regulation of dendritic spine shape and synapse and dendrite stability by ArgAnthony J Koleske; Fiscal Year: 2012..shown that dendritic spine morphogenesis and later synapse and dendrite stability requires the Abl-related gene (Arg) nonreceptor tyrosine kinase, which acts downstream of integrin adhesion receptors to mediate changes in ..
- Rare Diseases Clinical Research Consortia (RDCRC) for the RDCR NetworkMark L Batshaw; Fiscal Year: 2013..AS) deficiency (Citrullinemia);Argininosuccinate lyase (AL) deficiency (Argininosuccinic aciduria);Arginase (ARG) deficiency (Argininemia);Hyperornithinemia, hyperammonemia, homocitrullinuria (HHH) syndrome;and Citrullinemia ..
- Novel role of AQP2 in cell migration and kidney tubular injury and repairHUA A LU; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have identified a conserved extracellular Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) integrin-binding motif in AQP2, through which it interacts with integrin [unreadable]1, modulates the ..
- Lysyl Oxidase Propeptide: Breast Cancer InhibitorGail E Sonenshein; Fiscal Year: 2013..Wildtype LOX-PP represents an important tumor suppressor, the activity of which is compromised by an Arg to Gln substitution. 2. A G473A (rs1800449) SNP in the LOX gene leads to increased risk of more invasive cancers...
- The Survival from Acute Myocardial Infarction (SAMI) InitiativeHenry H Ting; Fiscal Year: 2013..ACC will leverage the ARG of 725 participating hospitals for patients with AMI, existing infrastructure for collecting and reporting outcomes ..
- STAT1 Activation and HPP1 Tumor SuppressionDavid Shibata; Fiscal Year: 2013..is postulated to be an EGF-like ligand and contains an EGF-like domain in its extracellular domain that has a His/Arg alteration that may bind to the ErbB receptor family...
- Supplement to Regulation of invadopodia formation in breast cancer cellsAnthony J Koleske; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have shown that integrin -mediated adhesion stimulates the Arg nonreceptor tyrosine kinase to interact with the actin polymerization regulators cortactin, N-WASp, and Vav2 at ..
- Signal Transduction &Actin During Amoeboid ChemotaxisJohn S Condeelis; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cofilin and N-WASp dependent actin polymerization;4. Arg-dependent cortactin phosphorylation which regulates #s 1-3;5...
- Role of apoE structure and metabolism in neurodegenerationRobert W Mahley; Fiscal Year: 2012..The brains of human apoE isoform knock in mice and our Arg-61 apoE mouse model in which domain interaction was introduced, contain lower levels of apoE4 and Arg-61 mouse apoE ..
- Use of Micro-RNA Arrays to Identify MDSC Functional Pathways and MarkersTimothy L Ratliff; Fiscal Year: 2013..Only tumor- or inflammation-derived MDSC to express Arginase I (Arg-I) and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and suppress T cell responses, clearly localizing functional MDSC to ..
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF ENKEPHALIN OPIOID PEPTIDESVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2009..These findings indicate that Arg/Lys aminopeptidase is then necessary to remove such basic residues...
- POMC Processing and Beta-Endorphine-Related Opioid PeptidesVivian Y H Hook; Fiscal Year: 2010..L for dibasic processing sites generates peptide intermediates with NH2-terminal basic residues, indicating that Arg/Lys aminopeptidase is then necessary to remove such basic residues...
- CONTROL OF ARG-2 GENE EXPRESSION IN NEUROSPORAMATTHEW SACHS; Fiscal Year: 2009..attenuator peptide (AAP) is encoded by a uORF in the 5'-leader regions of mRNAs specifying a fungal arginine (Arg) biosynthetic enzyme;it reduces gene expression in response to Arg...
- NITRIC OXIDE, NEUROPEPTIDES, AND OVULATIONSatya Kalra; Fiscal Year: 2000..identified messenger molecules produced by enzymatic conversion of the common precursor amino acid, L-arginine (L-Arg)...
- LEUKEMIA THERAPY AND NEUTROPHIL DYSFUNCTIONPHILIP CRADDOCK; Fiscal Year: 1980..shown that, in both man and animals, intravascular complement activation (and the concomitant generation of C5a des arg) leads to augmented granulocyte adhesiveness and auto-aggregation...