Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ABL2
Description: ABL proto-oncogene 2, non-receptor tyrosine kinase
Alias: ABLL, ARG, Abelson tyrosine-protein kinase 2, abelson-related gene protein, c-abl oncogene 2, non-receptor tyrosine kinase, tyrosine-protein kinase ARG, v-abl Abelson murine leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2
Publications218 found, 100 shown here
- Use of beta-lactamase as a secreted reporter of promoter function in yeastC P Cartwright
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Worcester 01655
Yeast 10:497-508. 1994..P, a 67 residue 'processing' segment with three sites for N-glycosylation, terminates in a Lys Arg site for cleavage by the Kex2 protease...
- Intestinal expressions of eNOSmRNA and iNOSmRNA in rats with acute liver failureJ M Qin
Biological Signal Transduction Center, Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200438, China
World J Gastroenterol 7:652-6. 2001....
- Reciprocal regulation of Abl and receptor tyrosine kinasesDivyamani Srinivasan
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Pharmacology, University of Kentucky School of Medicine, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40346, USA
Cell Signal 21:1143-50. 2009Previously, we showed that Abl kinases (c-Abl, Arg) are activated downstream of PDGF in a manner dependent on Src kinases and PLC-gamma1, and promote PDGF-mediated proliferation and migration of fibroblasts...
- c-Abl and Arg tyrosine kinases regulate lysosomal degradation of the oncoprotein Galectin-3X Li
Beijing Institute of Biotechnology, Beijing, China
Cell Death Differ 17:1277-87. 2010..This study shows that c-Abl and Abl-related gene (Arg) associate with and phosphorylate Gal3...
- ArgBP2, a multiple Src homology 3 domain-containing, Arg/Abl-interacting protein, is phosphorylated in v-Abl-transformed cells and localized in stress fibers and cardiocyte Z-disksB Wang
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 272:17542-50. 1997b>Arg and c-Abl represent the mammalian members of the Abelson family of protein-tyrosine kinases. A novel Arg/Abl-binding protein, ArgBP2, was isolated using a segment of the Arg COOH-terminal domain as bait in the yeast two-hybrid system...
- Mediation by bradykinin of rat paw oedema induced by collagenase from Clostridium histolyticumF J Legat
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Graz, Austria
Br J Pharmacol 112:453-60. 1994..Heat-inactivated collagenase was ineffective. 3. The B2 bradykinin (BK) antagonist icatibant (D-Arg-[Hyp3-Thi5-D-Tic7- Oic8] bradykinin, formerly named Hoe-140) reduced oedema formation in a dose-dependent manner ..
- Bradykinin-induced activation of nociceptors: receptor and mechanistic studies on the neonatal rat spinal cord-tail preparation in vitroA Dray
Sandoz Institute for Medical Research, London
Br J Pharmacol 107:1129-34. 1992..The rank order potency was Hoe 140> LysLys [Hyp3,Thi5 8,D-Phe7]-bradykinin> D-Arg[Hyp3, Thi5'8, D-Phe7]-bradykinin = D-Arg[Hyp2,Thi5'8, D-Phe7]-bradykinin.7...
- Bradykinin-stimulated phosphoinositide metabolism in cultured canine tracheal smooth muscle cellsC M Yang
Department of Pharmacology, Chang Gung Medical College, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Br J Pharmacol 111:21-8. 1994..3 +/- 0.7 nM, (n = 5), respectively. 2. D-Arg[Hyp3, D-Phe7]-BK and D-Arg[Hyp3, Thi5,8, D-Phe7]-BK, B2 receptor antagonists, were equipotent in blocking the BK-..
- Ca(2+)-dependent and -independent mechanism of cyclic-AMP reduction: mediation by bradykinin B2 receptorsH Sipma
Groningen Institute for Drugs Studies GIDS, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Br J Pharmacol 115:937-44. 1995..cyclic AMP formation in isoprenaline prestimulated cells, while the bradykinin B2 receptor antagonists, Hoe 140 (D-Arg[Hyp3, Thi5, D-Tic7, Oic8]-BK) and D-Arg[Hyp3, Thi5,8, D-Phe7]-BK completely abolished the bradykinin response in ..
- Screening for mutations in the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein and steroidogenic factor-1 genes, and in CYP11A and dosage-sensitive sex reversal-adrenal hypoplasia gene on the X chromosome, gene-1 (DAX-1), in hyperandrogenic hirsute womenR M Calvo
Department of Endocrinology, , Madrid 28034, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:1746-9. 2001..Two variants were identified in the SF-1 gene. A G-->C change in exon 6, resulting in an Arg(365)Pro mutation, was found in 1 of 45 patients, but not in controls...
- Mechanism of bradykinin-induced plasma extravasation in the rat knee jointH Cambridge
Pharmacology Group, King s College London
Br J Pharmacol 115:641-7. 1995..into the knee which was inhibited by co-perfusion of the selective bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist D-Arg-[Hyp3,Thi5,D-Tic7,Oic8]-bradykinin (Hoe 140, 200 nM). 3...
- Bradykinin B1 receptors in the rabbit urinary bladder: induction of responses, smooth muscle contraction, and phosphatidylinositol hydrolysisS K Butt
Biomedical Sciences Division, King s College London, Chelsea
Br J Pharmacol 114:612-7. 1995..in the bladder were competitively antagonized by the B1 receptor-selective antagonists [Leu8,des-Arg9]-BK and D-Arg-[Hyp3,Thi5,D-Tic7,Oic8,des-Arg9]-BK ([des-Arg10]-Hoe140) (pKB estimates were 6.1 +/- 0.1 and 7.1 +/- 0...
- The long acting human insulin analog HOE 901: characteristics of insulin signalling in comparison to Asp(B10) and regular insulinL Berti
Abteilung IV, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, , Germany
Horm Metab Res 30:123-9. 1998HOE 901 is a new biosynthetic long-acting human insulin analog (GLY[A21]ARG[B31]ARG[B32])...
- [Presence of a specific binding site of endothelin on cultured smooth muscle cells]P Roubert
Institut Henri-Beaufour, Les Ulis, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:1261-3. 1989..2 nM, whereas an absence of competition was observed with 1 microM of vasoactive substances such as angiotensin II, arg-vasopressin, atrial natriuretic factor, histamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine, and with the calcium entry ..
- Bradykinin B2 receptors and coupling mechanisms in the smooth muscle of the guinea-pig taenia caeciJ L Field
Biomedical Sciences Division, King s College London, Chelsea, London
Br J Pharmacol 113:607-13. 1994..The B2 receptor-selective antagonist, D-Arg-[Hyp3,Thi5,D-Tic7,Oic8]-BK (Hoe 140) (30-300 nM), inhibited both the bradykinin-induced relaxation and contraction ..
- New family of glutathionyl-biomimetic ligands for affinity chromatography of glutathione-recognising enzymesS C Melissis
Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Agricultural University of Athens, Greece
J Chromatogr A 917:29-42. 2001..biomimetic moiety is primarily achieved by the strong ionic interactions with the Zn2+ ion of FaDH and Arg 114, and by the hydrophobic contacts made with Tyr 92 and Met 140...
- [Biogenesis of peroxisome--targeting signal and peroxisome assembly factor]Y Fujiki
Meiji Institute of Health Science, Kanagawa
No To Hattatsu 24:181-5. 1992..Further experiments have strongly suggested that the SKL motif, Ser/Ala-Lys/Arg/His-Leu-COOH commonly found at C-termini of many peroxisomal proteins, functions as a peroxisome-targeting signal...
- Role of platelet-activating factor (PAF) in platelet accumulation in rabbit skin: effect of the novel long-acting PAF antagonist, UK-74,505F Pons
Department of Applied Pharmacology, National Heart and Lung Institute, London
Br J Pharmacol 109:234-42. 1993..BK), histamine, formyl-methionyl-leucylphenylalanine (FMLP), zymosan-activated plasma (ZAP, as a source of C5a des Arg), leukotriene B4 (LTB4) or interleukin-8 (IL-8). 4. UK-74,505, administered i.v...
- Plasmodium falciparum in Kenya: high prevalence of drug-resistance-associated polymorphisms in hospital admissions with severe malaria in an epidemic areaS A Omar
Centre for Biotechnology Research Development, Kenya Medical Research Institute, P O Box 54840, Mbagathi Road, Nairobi, Kenya
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 95:661-9. 2001..samples also had the mutations associated with resistance to pyrimethamine and sulfadoxine: (Asn)51(Ile), (Cys)59(Arg) and (Ser)108(Asn) of gene dhfr (chromosome 4) and (Ala)437(Gly) and (Lys)540(Glu) of dhps (chromosome 8), ..
- Integration of the multiple controls regulating the expression of the arginase gene CAR1 of Saccharomyces cerevisiae in response to differentnitrogen signals: role of Gln3p, ArgRp-Mcm1p, and Ume6pE Dubois
Institut de Recherches du CERIA, , Brussels, Belgium
Mol Gen Genet 253:568-80. 1997..The UAS(arg), containing the previously defined "arginine boxes" is the region that responds to the inducer through the action ..
- The kinin B1 receptor antagonist des-Arg9-[Leu8]bradykinin: an antagonist of the angiotensin AT1 receptor which also binds to the AT2 receptorD Pruneau
Centre de Recherche, Laboratoires Fournier S C A, Daix, France
Br J Pharmacol 114:115-8. 1995..Values of Ki for des-Arg9-[Leu8]BK, des-Arg10-[Leu9]KD, des-Arg9-BK, des-Arg 10-KD and KD were 0.3 +/- 0.1, 0.7 +/- 0.1, 1.2 +/- 0.3, 1.5 +/- 0.3 and 7.0 +/- 1.6 microM, respectively. 6...
- Support of renal blood flow after ischaemic-reperfusion injury by endogenous formation of nitric oxide and of cyclo-oxygenase vasodilator metabolitesJ P Cristol
William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital Medical College, London
Br J Pharmacol 109:188-94. 1993..v., n = 4) significantly enhanced the rise in RVR associated with I/R injury. 4. Infusion of L-arginine (L-Arg; 1 or 3 mg kg-1 min-1, i.v., n = 5 and 4, respectively) or D-Arg (1 mg kg-1 min-1, i.v...
- Cloning and sequence analyses of cDNAs encoding vasotocin and isotocin precursors of chum salmon, Oncorhynchus keta: evolutionary relationships of neurohypophysial hormone precursorsS Hyodo
Laboratory of Physiology, University of Tokyo, Nakano
J Comp Physiol B 160:601-8. 1991..sIT precursors were found to contain a signal peptide and hormone that is connected to a neurophysin by a Gly-Lys-Arg sequence...
- The use of synthetic analogues of Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) and soluble receptor of tumor necrosis factor to prevent acute and chronic experimental liver injuryR Bruck
Department of Gastroenterology, E. Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Yale J Biol Med 70:391-402. 1997..The target epitope of several such integrin receptors is the Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) sequence, a cell adhesion motif shared by several matrix-associated adhesive glycoproteins...
- Liquid chromatographic determination of D- and L-amino acids by derivatization with o-phthaldialdehyde and N-isobutyryl-L-cysteine. Applications with reference to the analysis of peptidic antibiotics, toxins, drugs and pharmaceutically used amino acidsH Bruckner
Institute of Food Technology, University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
J Chromatogr A 711:201-15. 1995..bacitracin, gramicidins A and S, polymyxin B, metanicin C, the peptide toxin malformin A and the peptide drugs D-Arg-[Hyp3,Thi5,8,D-Phe7]-bradykinin, beta-casomorphin and alpha s1-exorphin...
- Effects of bradykinin receptor antagonists on antigen-induced respiratory distress, airway hyperresponsiveness and eosinophilia in guinea-pigsS G Farmer
Nova Pharmaceutical Corporation, Baltimore, Maryland 21224
Br J Pharmacol 107:653-9. 1992..A B2 receptor antagonist, D-Arg-[Hyp3, Thi5,8,D-Phe7]-BK (NPC 349) had a small, but statistically significant inhibitory effect on responsiveness ..
- NH2-terminal substitutions of basic amino acids induce translocation across the microsomal membrane and glycosylation of rabbit cytochrome P450IIC2E Szczesna-Skorupa
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801
J Cell Biol 108:1237-43. 1989Insertion of rabbit cytochrome P450IIC2 and its modified form, [2-lys,3-arg]P450IIC2, into microsomal membranes was studied in an in vitro transcription/translation/translocation system...
- Differential effects of B2 receptor antagonists upon bradykinin-stimulated phospholipase C and D in guinea-pig cultured tracheal smooth muscleS Pyne
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Strathclyde, Royal College, Glasgow
Br J Pharmacol 110:477-81. 1993..Bradykinin-stimulated (10 nM, EC40) Ins(1,4,5)P3 formation was inhibited by B2 receptor antagonists, D-Arg-[Hyp3,D-Phe7]-bradykinin (NPC 567) and D-Arg-[Hyp3,Thi5,8,D-Phe7]-bradykinin (NPC 349), with log IC50 values of -6...
- Sensitive determination of N-terminal prolyl peptides by high-performance liquid chromatography with laser-induced fluorescence detectionM Ishibashi
Division of Drugs, National Institute of Health Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
J Chromatogr A 661:105-12. 1994..hormone), Pro-Thr-Pro-Ser-NH2 (IgA1 proteinase inhibitor) and Pro-Asp-Val-Asp-His-Val- Phe-Leu-Arg-Phe-NH2 [FMRF amide-like (Phe-Met-Arg-Phe-NH2) neuropeptide], were well separated by reversed-phase HPLC with water-..
- Cutaneous permeability responses to bradykinin and histamine in the guinea-pig: possible differences in their mechanism of actionW Paul
Department of Pharmacology, King s College, London
Br J Pharmacol 111:159-64. 1994..1 mumol/site) on the response to BK but not on that to histamine was significantly reversed by L-arginine (L-Arg; 10 mumol/site). D-arginine (D-Arg; 10 mumol/site) had no significant effect in either case. 5...
- [Chronic and acute effect of cycletanine in NO-dependent hypertensive pregnant rats]B Van Overloop
CNRS URA 60, , , Illkirch-Graffenstaden
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 88:1223-7. 1995..enriched diet produced hypertension we measured in vivo cardiovascular responses to PGF2 alpha, L-arginine (L-arg) and cicletanine (Cic, IPSEN, France) which enhances PGI2 production...
- Nitric oxide in cyclosporine A-induced hypertension: role of protein kinase CG K Oriji
Hypertension-Endocrine Branch, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Am J Hypertens 12:1091-7. 1999..The effects of CsA were reversed both in vivo and in vitro by pretreatment with L-arginine (L-Arg; 10 mg/kg/day intraperitoneally), the precursor of NO...
- [Homologous and heterologous regulations of endothelin receptors on smooth muscle cells]P Roubert
Institut Henri-Beaufour, Les Ulis, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:1183-5. 1990..On the same conditions, Arg-vasopressin (1 microM) was able to down-regulate ET-1 receptors by less than 30 p...
- Glutamate 83 is important for stabilization of domain-domain conformation of Thermus aquaticus glycerol kinaseH S Huang
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagasaki University, Bunkyo-machi, Nagasaki 852-8521, Japan
J Biochem 128:207-11. 2000..Three residues (Arg-82, Glu-83, and Asp-244) of T...
- Rat tripeptidyl peptidase I: molecular cloning, functional expression, tissue localization and enzymatic characterizationP G Du
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Shiga University of Medical Science, Seta, Otsu, Japan
Biol Chem 382:1715-25. 2001..TPP I released the tripeptide Arg-Val-Tyr from angiotensin III more rapidly than from Ala-Ala-Phe-MCA, and also released Gly-Asn-Leu from neuromedin ..
- Release of proteins and polysaccharides from the albumen gland of the freshwater snail Helisoma duryi: effect of cAMP and brain extractsF Morishita
Zoological Institute, Faculty of Science, Hiroshima University, Higashi, Japan
J Comp Physiol A 182:817-25. 1998..The neuroactive agents serotonin, Phe-Met-Arg-Phe-amide, Tyr-Gly-Gly-Phe-Met-Arg-Phe-amide, small cardioactive peptide B, and caudodorsal cell hormone were also ..
- [Response of the coronary arteries to cold test and flow velocity increase is improved by deferoxamine but not by L-arginine in diabetic patients]A Nitenberg
Service de Physiologie et d'Explorations Fonctionnelles, INSERM U 426, , Colombes
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:1037-41. 1997..v. L-arginine (L-arg, 625 mg/min x 10 min) or i.v...
- Blunted GH response to growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) alone or combined with arginine in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusV Martina
Dipartimento di Fisiopatologia Clinica, , Italy
Horm Metab Res 27:26-30. 1995..OD), we investigated the somatotrope responsiveness to GHRH (1 microgram/kg) alone or combined with arginine (ARG, 0...
- Enhanced sensitivity for peptide mapping with electrospray liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry in the presence of signal suppression due to trifluoroacetic acid-containing mobile phasesA Apffel
Bay Analytical Operation, Hewlett-Packard Co, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Chromatogr A 712:177-90. 1995..A third application demonstrates the identification of glycosylation sites in an endoproteinase Arg C digest of single-chain plasminogen activator through the use of in-source collisionally induced dissociation.
- Differential effects of the PAF receptor antagonist UK-74,505 on neutrophil and eosinophil accumulation in guinea-pig skinM J Sanz
Department of Applied Pharmacology, National Heart and Lung Institute, London
Br J Pharmacol 113:513-21. 1994..on responses elicited by leukotriene B4 (LTB4) and zymosan-activated plasma (ZAP, used as a source of C5a des Arg). UK-74,505 (2...
- Clots of beta-fibrin. Viscoelastic properties, temperature dependence of elasticity, and interaction with fibrinogen-binding tetrapeptidesA Shimizu
Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706
Biophys J 53:311-8. 1988..Introduction (by diffusion) of the tetrapeptides Gly-His-Arg-Pro (GHRP) and Gly-Pro-Arg-Pro (GPRP), which resemble the B and A binding sites on the E domain of fibrin ..
- Abnormal polymerization and normal binding of plasminogen and t-PA in three new dysfibrinogenaemias: Barcelona III and IV (gamma Arg 275-->His) and Villajoyosa (gamma Arg 275-->Cys)M Borrell
, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 6:198-206. 1995..The altered properties observed in fibrin monomers produced from fibrinogen with the gamma Arg 275-->His or gamma Arg 275-->Cys substitution, suggests that this amino acid is important in maintaining the ..
- A yeast protein that bidirectionally affects nucleocytoplasmic transportD R Singleton
Institute of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Cell Sci 108:265-72. 1995..J. Cell Biol. 119, 737-747). NPL3 includes bipartite RNA recognition motifs (RRM) and a Gly-Arg repeat domain, as in several nucleolar proteins...
- Peptide chiral purity determination: hydrolysis in deuterated acid, derivatization with Marfey's reagent and analysis using high-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometryD R Goodlett
Immunobiology Research Institute, Annandale, NJ 08801, USA
J Chromatogr A 707:233-44. 1995..This procedure was used to determine the chiral purity of each amino acid in a purified, hexapeptide by-product (Arg-Lys-Lys-Asp-Val-Tyr) present in a kilogram batch of the synthetic pentapeptide, thymopentin (Arg-Lys-Asp-Val-Tyr).
- Characterization of beta-galactosidase mutations Asp332-->Asn and Arg148-->Ser, and a polymorphism, Ser532-->Gly, in a case of GM1 gangliosidosisS Zhang
Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1X8
Biochem J 348:621-32. 2000..converts Asp(332) into asparagine, and both a mutation (C492-->A in exon 4, leading to the amino acid change of Arg(148)-->Ser) and a polymorphism (A1644-->G in exon 15, leading to a change of Ser(532)-->Gly) on the other ..
- Analysis of two mutated vacuolar proteins reveals a degradation pathway in the endoplasmic reticulum or a related compartment of yeastA Finger
, , Germany
Eur J Biochem 218:565-74. 1993..Mutant CPY carries an Arg instead of a Gly residue in a highly conserved region, two positions distant from the active-site Ser...
- Melanocortins and cardiovascular regulationD H Versteeg
Department of Medical Pharmacology, Rudolf Magnus Institute for Neurosciences, Utrecht University, Netherlands
Eur J Pharmacol 360:1-14. 1998..of pro-opiomelanocortin-derived peptides that have the melanocyte-stimulating hormone (MSH) core sequence, His-Phe-Arg-Trp, in common. Melanocortins have been described as having a variety of cardiovascular effects...
- A recombinant hybrid anaphylatoxin with dual C3a/C5a activityW Bautsch
Institute of Medical Microbiology, Hanover Medical School, Germany
Biochem J 288:261-6. 1992..sequence of human C5a were exchanged to create the native C-terminal human C3a (hC3a) sequence Leu-Gly-Leu-Ala-Arg. This hybrid anaphylatoxin rC5a-(1-69)-LGLAR exhibited true C3a and C5a activity when tested in the guinea pig ..
- A kallikrein-like enzyme in human vascular tissueP Madeddu
Clinica Medica, Sassari University, Italy
Am J Hypertens 6:344-8. 1993..for protein content and for active and total (trypsin activation) enzymatic activity on the peptide H-D-Val-Leu-Arg-paranitroanilide (S2266), a synthetic substrate for glandular kallikrein...
- Stability of o-phthalaldehyde-sulfite derivatives of amino acids and their methyl esters: electrochemical and chromatographic propertiesG Turiak
Department of Pharmacology, Boston University School of Medicine, MA 02118
J Chromatogr A 668:323-9. 1994..detection was used to monitor the decomposition of five amino acid o-phthalaldehyde (OPA)-sulfite derivatives (Ala, Arg, Glu, Ser, Tyr) and their methyl ester derivatives as well...
- Substitutions at the P(1) position in BPTI strongly affect the association energy with serine proteinasesA Grzesiak
Protein Engineering Laboratory, Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Wroclaw, Tamka 2, Wroclaw, 50-137, Poland
J Mol Biol 301:205-17. 2000..seven different mutants of bovine pancreatic trypsin inhibitor (BPTI); the mutants contain Gly, Ala, Ser, Val, Leu, Arg, and Trp at the P(1) position of the reactive site...
- A ubiquitin mutant with specific defects in DNA repair and multiubiquitinationJ Spence
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Mol Cell Biol 15:1265-73. 1995..chains, we examined the effects of individually substituting each of six other Lys residues in ubiquitin with Arg. Substitution of Lys-63 resulted in the disappearance of a family of abundant multiubiquitin-protein conjugates...
- De novo design, synthesis, and pharmacology of alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone analogues derived from somatostatin by a hybrid approachGuoxia Han
Departments of Chemistry and Anatomy, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
J Med Chem 47:1514-26. 2004..CTAP which binds specifically to micro opioid receptors, and the core pharmacophore of alpha-MSH (His-Phe-Arg-Trp)...
- Characteristics of the bradykinin-induced changes in intracellular calcium ion concentration of single bovine tracheal smooth muscle cellsK A Marsh
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Nottingham Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre
Br J Pharmacol 110:29-35. 1993..7 M) in the presence of extracellular calcium ions (2 mM). The bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist, D-Arg[Hyp3,Thi5,8,D-Phe7]- bradykinin, produced a parallel shift to the right of the bradykinin concentration-response ..
- Total resolution of 17 DL-amino acids labelled with a fluorescent chiral reagent, R(-)-4-(3-isothiocyanatopyrrolidin-1-y1)-7-(N,N-dimethylaminosulfonyl)- 2,1,3-benzoxadiazole, by high-performance liquid chromatographyD Jin
Department of Analytical Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Japan
J Chromatogr A 822:215-24. 1998..Peak resolution was in the range of 0.92 (DL-Arg)-9.8 (DL-Cys)...
- Differential effects of lumenal L-arginine and NG-nitro L-arginine on blood flow and water fluxes in rat ileumD Mailman
Biology Department, University of Houston, TX 77204
Br J Pharmacol 112:304-10. 1994..NO) in the local regulation of H2O absorption and blood flow in rat ileum was studied by perfusing L-arginine (L-Arg) (0.1-1.0 mM) and NG-nitro L-arginine (L-NOARG) (0.01-1.0 mM) through the lumen...
- Inhibitory actions of diphenyleneiodonium on endothelium-dependent vasodilatations in vitro and in vivoY X Wang
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Br J Pharmacol 110:1232-8. 1993..relaxation was prevented by pretreatment with NADPH (5 x 10(-3) M) and FAD (5 x 10(-4) M) but not L-arginine (L-Arg, 2 x 10(-3) M)...
- A stretch of positively charged amino acids at the N terminus of Hansenula polymorpha Pex3p is involved in incorporation of the protein into the peroxisomal membraneR J Baerends
Eukaryotic Microbiology, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute, University of Groningen, Kerklaan 30, 9751 NN Haren, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 275:9986-95. 2000..Here, we show that a conserved stretch of positively charged amino acids (Arg(11)-X-Lys-Lys-Lys(15)) in the N terminus of Hansenula polymorpha Pex3p is involved in incorporation of the protein ..
- Porin of Rhodobacter capsulatus: biochemical and functional characterizationD Woitzik
, Mikrobiologie, , Freiburg, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 45:576-82. 1990..0, was obtained on isoelectric focusing. Gas-phase sequencing of the 23 N-terminal residues revealed Glu-Val-Lys-Leu-Ser-Gly-Asp-Ala-Arg-Met-Gly-Val-Met-Tyr-Asn-Gly-Asp-Asp- X-Asn- Phe-Ser-Ser.
- Modulation by APGW-amide, an Achatina endogenous inhibitory tetrapeptide, of currents induced by neuroactive compounds on Achatina neurons: peptidesX Y Han
Department of Physiology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Japan
Gen Pharmacol 29:531-8. 1997..2. Outward current (Iout) caused by FMRFamide (Phe-Met-Arg-Phe-NH2) on v-RCDN, which was probably K+ dependent, was inhibited with membrane conductance (g) increase by APGW-..
- In the absence of endogenous mouse apolipoprotein E, apolipoprotein E*2(Arg-158 --> Cys) transgenic mice develop more severe hyperlipoproteinemia than apolipoprotein E*3-Leiden transgenic miceB J van Vlijmen
TNO Prevention and Health, Gaubius Laboratory, 2301 CE Leiden, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 271:30595-602. 1996Apolipoprotein E*2(Arg-158 --> Cys) (APOE*2) transgenic mice were generated and compared to the previously generated apolipoprotein E*3-Leiden (APOE*3-Leiden) transgenic mice to study the variable expression of hyperlipoproteinemia ..
- Dietary L-arginine supplementation normalizes regional blood flow in Dahl-Iwai salt-sensitive ratsH He
Department of Pharmacology, Kagawa Medical School, Miki-cho, Kita-gun, Japan
Am J Hypertens 10:89S-93S. 1997..One group (S or R rats) was maintained on tap water and the other group (S/Arg) of S rats received tap water containing L-arginine at a concentration of 1.5%...
- Transition from argatroban to oral anticoagulation with phenprocoumon or acenocoumarol: effects on prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time, and Ecarin Clotting TimeSebastian Harder
Pharmazentrum Frankfurt, Institute for Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Thromb Haemost 91:1137-45. 2004Treatment with the direct thrombin inhibitor argatroban (ARG) is often followed by vitamin K-antagonist treatment (VKA). Phenprocoumon (PC) and acenocoumarol (AC) are frequently used in Europe...
- An 18.3 kb DNA fragment from yeast chromosome VII carries four unknown open reading frames, the gene for an Asn synthase, remnants of Ty and three tRNA genesL van Dyck
, , Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
Yeast 13:171-6. 1997..The segment also contains tRNA genes for Asn, Arg and Ile as well as sigma element and two solo deltas...
- Trp64Arg mutation of beta3-adrenergic receptor in essential hypertension: insulin resistance and the adrenergic systemT Fujisawa
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Am J Hypertens 10:101-5. 1997..The allele frequency of the mutation (Arg) in patients with essential hypertension was similar to that in control subjects (35 of 202 alleles [17...
- Involvement of mechanisms dependent on NMDA receptors, nitric oxide and protein kinase A in the hippocampus but not in the caudate nucleus in memoryJ Quevedo
, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Behav Pharmacol 8:713-7. 1997The effects of the NMDA receptor antagonist AP5, the nitric oxide synthase (NO) inhibitor NO-arg or the protein kinase A (PKA) inhibitor KT5720 on memory were evaluated...
- Processing of C-terminal lysine and arginine residues of proteins isolated from mammalian cell cultureR J Harris
Analytical Chemistry Department, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Chromatogr A 705:129-34. 1995C-terminal Lys or Arg residues whose presence was expected based on gene sequence information are often absent in proteins isolated from mammalian cell culture...
- Selection and characterization of amino acid substitutions at residues 237-240 of TEM-1 beta-lactamase with altered substrate specificity for aztreonam and ceftazidimeC Cantu
Structural and Computational Biology and Molecular Biophysics Program, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 271:22538-45. 1996..exhibited a Gly for Ala substitution at position 237, a Ser for Gly substitution at position 238, and a Lys/Arg for Glu at position 240...
- [Prognosis and evaluation of drug therapy by V3 and RT gene analysis of HIV-1]M Morimoto
Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health, Japan
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 70:347-53. 1996..HIV-1 from a patient who had rapidly taken a turn for the worse had basic amino acid at position 11 (Arg) and lost an acidic amino acid at position 25 (Gln) of V3...
- Differences in substrate and inhibitor sequence specificity of human, mouse and rat tissue kallikreinsSandro E Fogaça
Department of Biophysics, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Rua Tres de Maio 100, São Paulo 04044 20, Brazil
Biochem J 380:775-81. 2004..Bradykinin was released from these peptides by the mK1- and rK1-mediated hydrolysis of Arg-Arg and Arg-Ser (or Arg-Ala) peptide bonds...
- Effects of L-arginine and furosemide on blood pressure and renal function in volume-expanded ratsM A Costa
Catedra de Fisiologia, Departamento de Ciencias Biologicas, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Junin 956, Capital Federal, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 28:528-32. 20011. The aim of the present study was to investigate the effects of L-arginine (L-Arg) on blood pressure and water and electrolyte excretion in control and extracellular fluid volume-expanded rats (10% bodyweight with 0...
- Potentiation of the vasorelaxant activity of nitric oxide by hydroxyguanidine: implications for the nature of endothelium-derived relaxing factorA Zembowicz
William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital Medical College, London
Br J Pharmacol 107:1001-7. 1992..These relaxations were inhibited by NG-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester (L-NAME, 10 microM) and L-arginine (L-Arg, 1 mM) reversed the inhibitory effects of L-NAME. 7...
- Two novel mutations in the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor gene in Brazilian patients with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and normal olfactionE M Costa
Unidade de Endocrinologia do Desenvolvimento e Laboratório de Hormônios e Genética Molecular LIM 42, da Disciplina de Endocrinologia do Hospital das Clínicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo 01060 970, Brazil
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:2680-6. 2001..A novel missense mutation, Arg(139)His, located in the conserved DRS motif at the junction of the third transmembrane and the second intracellular ..
- Interaction of classical swine fever virus with membrane-associated heparan sulfate: role for virus replication in vivo and virulenceM M Hulst
Institute for Animal Science and Health, Research Branch Houtribweg, NL 8200 AB Lelystad, The Netherlands
J Virol 75:9585-95. 2001..A Ser-to-Arg change in the C terminus of envelope glycoprotein E(rns) (amino acid 476 in the open reading frame of CSFV) is ..
- Effects of arginine on pancreatic hormones and hepatic metabolism in rainbow troutT P Mommsen
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 3P6, Canada
Physiol Biochem Zool 74:668-78. 2001Arginine (Arg), injected intraperitoneally into rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss), increases plasma concentrations of glucagon, glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), and insulin by three- to 10-fold...
- Biochemical enrichment and biophysical characterization of a taste receptor for L-arginine from the catfish, Ictalurus puntatusWilliam Grosvenor
Monell Chemical Senses Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104 3308, USA
BMC Neurosci 5:25. 2004..Many of these receptors are sensitive to selected amino acids, one of these being a receptor for L-arginine (L-Arg)...
- Mechanisms that regulate the anticoagulant function of coagulation factor VE Thorelli
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Lund University, University Hospital Malmo, Sweden
Scand J Clin Lab Invest Suppl 229:19-26. 1999..factor V is composed of domains A1-A2-B-A3-C1-C2 and is activated by thrombin through proteolytic cleavage at Arg 709, Arg 1018 and Arg 1545...
- Arg-27, Arg-127 and Arg-155 in the beta-trefoil protein barley alpha-amylase/subtilisin inhibitor are interface residues in the complex with barley alpha-amylase 2K W Rodenburg
Carlsberg Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Copenhagen, Denmark
Biochem J 309:969-76. 1995..fragments of labelled BASI were purified by reverse-phase HPLC, and we concluded that the radiolabelled Arg-27, Arg-155 and most likely Arg-127, identified by amino acid, sequence and 14C analyses, are protected by AMY2...
- hOGG1 Ser326Cys and XRCC1 Arg399Gln polymorphisms associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseShi fang Yang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Tongji Hospital Affiliated to Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430030, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:960-6. 2009..e., part of them develop COPD. We investigated the association between polymorphisms in DNA repair genes hOGG1 (Ser326Cys) and XRCC1 (Arg399Gln), alone or in combination, and susceptibility of COPD...
- Growth and immunity of broiler chicks as affected by dietary arginineM T Kidd
Department of Poultry Science, Mississippi State University, MS 39762, USA
Poult Sci 80:1535-42. 2001A dietary deficiency of Arg may suppress chick immune system functions; however, research evaluating immune function responsiveness of commercial broilers fed dietary Arg levels near NRC (1994) recommendations is sparse...
- [Autoradiography reporter gene (Ad5-tk carrying HSV1-tk gene) expression imaging in rat myocardium]Ying Liu
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Union Hospital, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Hubei Key Laboratory of Molecular Imaging, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 37:925-30. 2009..We explored the feasibility of the expression imaging of HSV1-tk reporter gene in rat myocardium by using SPECT reporter probe (131)I-2'-fluoro-2'-deoxy-1-beta-D-arabinofuranosyl-5-iodouracil ((131)I-FIAU) and autoradiography (ARG).
- Effect of beta2-adrenergic receptor polymorphism on response to longacting beta2 agonist in asthma (LARGE trial): a genotype-stratified, randomised, placebo-controlled, crossover trialMichael E Wechsler
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Lancet 374:1754-64. 2009..with asthma who are homozygous for arginine at the 16th amino acid position of the beta2-adrenergic receptor (B16 Arg/Arg) benefit less from treatment with longacting beta2 agonists and inhaled corticosteroids than do those ..
- Arginine-enriched total parenteral nutrition improves survival in peritonitis by normalizing NFkappaB activation in peritoneal resident and exudative leukocytesChikara Ueno
Department of Surgery, National Defense Medical College, Saitama, Japan
Ann Surg 251:959-65. 2010..We hypothesized that arginine (ARG)-enriched parenteral nutrition would normalize NFkappaB activation in peritoneal leukocytes, thereby improving the ..
- Development of a wound dressing composed of hyaluronic acid sponge containing arginine and epidermal growth factorYasuhiro Matsumoto
R and D Center for Artificial Skin, School of Allied Health Sciences, Kitasato University, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 21:715-26. 2010..Each spongy sheet was immersed into an aqueous solution of LMW-HA containing arginine (Arg) alone or both Arg and epidermal growth factor (EGF), and were then freeze-dried to prepare two types of product...
- Copper(II) complexes of L-arginine as netropsin mimics showing DNA cleavage activity in red lightAshis K Patra
Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560 012, India
Inorg Chem 48:2932-43. 2009Copper(II) complexes [Cu(L-arg)(2)](NO(3))(2) (1) and [Cu(L-arg)(B)Cl]Cl (2-5), where B is a heterocyclic base, namely, 2,2'-bipyridine (bpy, 2), 1,10-phenanthroline (phen, 3), dipyrido[3,2-d:2',3'-f]quinoxaline (dpq, 4), and dipyrido[3,..
- In vivo kinetics of human apolipoprotein A-I variants in rabbitsK Saku
Department of Internal Medicine, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Japan
Eur J Clin Invest 29:196-203. 1999..In this study, we investigated the in vivo kinetics of several human apo A-I variants, which we had identified previously, in rabbits...
- Evidence for participation of B1 and B2 kinin receptors in formalin-induced nociceptive response in the mouseC R Correa
Department of Pharmacology, CCB, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis SC, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 110:193-8. 1993..Similar results were obtained with the B2 antagonists NPC 349 (D-Arg[Hyp3,Thi5,8-D-Phe7]-BK) and NPC 567 (D-Arg[Hyp3, D-Phe7]-BK) (0.2 and 0.6 nmol/paw)...
- Synergistic therapeutic potential of dexamethasone and L-arginine in lipopolysaccharide-induced septic shockSaurabh Chatterjee
Immunology and Hyperthermia Section, Radiation Biology and Health Sciences Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Trombay, Mumbai, India
J Surg Res 140:99-108. 2007..L-arginine (L-arg), a semi-essential amino acid, depending on its metabolic pathway, becomes very essential in stress situations such ..
- Mass spectrometric characterization of modifications to angiotensin II by lipid peroxidation products, 4-oxo-2(E)-nonenal and 4-hydroxy-2(E)-nonenalSeon Hwa Lee
Department of Bioanalytical Chemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aoba ku, Sendai, Japan
Chem Res Toxicol 23:1771-85. 2010The octapeptide angiotensin II (Ang II; Asp(1)-Arg(2)-Val(3)-Tyr(4)-Ile(5)-His(6)-Pro(7)-Phe(8)) is the primary active hormone of the renin/angiotensin system (RAS) and has been implicated in various cardiovascular diseases...
- The tRNA-dependent activation of arginine by arginyl-tRNA synthetase requires inter-domain communicationM Lazard
Laboratoire d Enzymologie et Biochimie Structurales, UPR 9063 du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Gif sur Yvette, 91190, France
J Mol Biol 302:991-1004. 2000..A conditional lethal mutant of Chinese hamster ovary cells that exhibits reduced arginyl-tRNA synthetase activity (Arg-1), and two of its derived revertants (Arg-1R4 and Arg-1R5) were analyzed at the structural and functional levels...
- A multitracer stable isotope quantification of the effects of arginine intake on whole body arginine metabolism in neonatal pigletsKristine L Urschel
Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E811-8. 2007..and femoral vein catheters for blood sampling, received a complete diet for 2 days and then either a generous (+Arg; 1.80 g x kg(-1) x day(-1); n = 5) or deficient (-Arg; 0.20 g.kg(-1).day(-1); n = 5) arginine diet for 5 days...
- The role of nitric oxide in edema formation in L-arginine-induced acute pancreatitisTamas Takacs
First Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Pancreas 25:277-82. 2002..Nitric oxide (NO) has been implicated in the regulation of the pancreatic circulation, the promotion of the capillary integrity, and the inhibition of leukocyte adhesion...
- Potent cyclic peptide inhibitors of VLA-4 (alpha4beta1 integrin)-mediated cell adhesion. Discovery of compounds like cyclo(MePhe-Leu-Asp-Val-D-Arg-D-Arg) (ZD7349) compatible with depot formulationA S Dutta
AstraZeneca, Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK
J Pept Sci 6:398-412. 2000..Many of the peptides like cyclo(MePhe-Leu-Asp-Val-D-Arg-D-Arg) (ZD7349) (17), cyclo(MeIle-Leu-Asp-Val-D-Arg-D-Arg-D-Phe) (20), cyclo(MeIle-Leu-Asp-Val-D-Arg-D-Arg-MePhe) (..
- Peptide and non-peptide bradykinin B2 receptor agonists and antagonists: a reappraisal of their pharmacology in the guinea-pig ileumS Meini
Pharmacology Department, Menarini Ricerche S p A, via Rismondo 12 A, 50135, Florence, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 409:185-94. 2000We have compared the pharmacology of different antagonists, Icatibant (H-DArg-Arg-Pro-Hyp-Gly-Thi-Ser-DTic-Oic-Arg-OH), MEN 11270 (H-DArg-Arg-Pro-Hyp-Gly-Thi-c(Dab-DTic-Oic-Arg)c(7 gamma-10 alpha)), and FR173657 ((E)-3-(6-acetamido-3-..
- Site-directed mutagenesis and structure-function analysis of the human apolipoprotein A-I. Relation between lecithin-cholesterol acyltransferase activation and lipid bindingA Minnich
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118
J Biol Chem 267:16553-60. 1992..Point mutations were introduced which changed Gln-1, Gln-2 to Arg,Arg, Pro99 to His, and Pro121 to His...
- Interaction of acetylcholinesterase with the G4 domain of the laminin alpha1-chainGlynis Johnson
Divisions of General Surgery Molecular Biology and Human Genetics, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Stellenbosch, P O Box 19063, Tygerberg 7505, South Africa
Biochem J 411:507-14. 2008..Mouse AChE was observed on docking to bind to a discontinuous, largely basic, structure, Val(2718)-Arg-Lys-Arg-Leu(2722), Tyr(2738)-Tyr(2739), Tyr(2789)-Ile-Lys-Arg-Lys(2793) and Val(2817)-Glu-Arg-Lys(2820), on the ..
- Time-dependent alterations in serum NO concentration after oral administration of L-arginine, L-NAME, and allopurinol in intestinal ischemia/reperfusionAmalia E Yanni
Department of Science of Dietetics and Nutrition, Harokopio University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Vasc Health Risk Manag 4:437-41. 2008To study the effect of oral administration of a nitric oxide (NO) donor L-arginine (L-Arg), a NO synthase inhibitor NG-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester (L-NAME) and an inhibitor of xanthine oxidase, allopurinol (Allo), on serum NO ..
- Effect of chronic renal failure on arginase and argininosuccinate synthetase expressionHamid Moradi
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of California, Irvine, CA 92868, USA
Am J Nephrol 26:310-8. 2006L-arginine (L-arg) participates in numerous biological functions including urea and nitric oxide synthesis. Sources of L-arg include dietary proteins and endogenous synthesis by argininosuccinate synthetase and argininosuccinate lyase...
- Binding of the arginine repressor of Escherichia coli K12 to its operator sitesG Tian
Department of Microbiology, New York University Medical Center, NY 10016
J Mol Biol 226:387-97. 1992..coli K12 each of the eight operator sites consists of two 18-base-pair-long palindromic sequences called ARG boxes...
- Identification of arginyl residues located at the ATP binding site of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase. Modification with 1,2-cyclohexanedioneK Kimura
Department of Biochemistry, Asahikawa Medical College, Asahikawa 078, Japan
J Biol Chem 271:28933-41. 1996..of peptides containing CHD-modified arginyl residues with Girard's reagent T, and sequencing revealed that Arg-489, Arg-505, and Arg-678 were modified with CHD. Arg-489 and Arg-678 were almost completely protected by Mg...
- Hydrolysis by somatic angiotensin-I converting enzyme of basic dipeptides from a cholecystokinin/gastrin and a LH-RH peptide extended at the C-terminus with gly-Arg/Lys-arg, but not from diarginyl insulinR E Isaac
School of Biology, University of Leeds, UK
Eur J Biochem 262:569-74. 1999Endoproteolytic cleavage of protein prohormones often generates intermediates extended at the C-terminus by Arg-Arg or Lys-Arg, the removal of which by a carboxypeptidase (CPE) is normally an important step in the maturation of many ..
- ROLE OF L-ARGININE IN CONTROL OF BRAIN MICROCIRCULATIONWilliam Rosenblum; Fiscal Year: 1993..Diameter will be monitored by TV microscopy. We will test the ability of L-Arg to dilate the arterioles and the ability of L-NMMA to block this dilation and to constrict the arterioles...
- ARGININE THERAPY IN SICKLE CELL DISEASECLAUDIA MORRIS; Fiscal Year: 2004..L- Arginine (L-Arg) is the precursor to NO, and Dr...
- Translational Machinery in Stress Signaling and Tumor SuppressionTHOMAS J contact BEGLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..The yeast homolog of TRM9 enhances the translation of transcripts over-represented with specific ARG and GLU codons...
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF ENKEPHALIN OPIOID PEPTIDESVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2009..These findings indicate that Arg/Lys aminopeptidase is then necessary to remove such basic residues...
- POMC Processing and Beta-Endorphine-Related Opioid PeptidesVivian Y H Hook; Fiscal Year: 2010..L for dibasic processing sites generates peptide intermediates with NH2-terminal basic residues, indicating that Arg/Lys aminopeptidase is then necessary to remove such basic residues...
- NITRIC OXIDE, NEUROPEPTIDES, AND OVULATIONSatya Kalra; Fiscal Year: 2000..identified messenger molecules produced by enzymatic conversion of the common precursor amino acid, L-arginine (L-Arg)...
- CONTROL OF ARG-2 GENE EXPRESSION IN NEUROSPORAMATTHEW SACHS; Fiscal Year: 2009..attenuator peptide (AAP) is encoded by a uORF in the 5'-leader regions of mRNAs specifying a fungal arginine (Arg) biosynthetic enzyme;it reduces gene expression in response to Arg...
- LEUKEMIA THERAPY AND NEUTROPHIL DYSFUNCTIONPHILIP CRADDOCK; Fiscal Year: 1980..shown that, in both man and animals, intravascular complement activation (and the concomitant generation of C5a des arg) leads to augmented granulocyte adhesiveness and auto-aggregation...