Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ABCB1
Description: ATP-binding cassette, sub-family B (MDR/TAP), member 1
Alias: ABC20, CD243, CLCS, GP170, MDR1, P-GP, PGY1, P-glycoprotein 1, colchicin sensitivity, doxorubicin resistance, multidrug resistance protein 1
Publications233 found, 100 shown here
- A "silent" polymorphism in the MDR1 gene changes substrate specificityChava Kimchi-Sarfaty
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Science 315:525-8. 2007..We report that a synonymous SNP in the Multidrug Resistance 1 (MDR1) gene, part of a haplotype previously linked to altered function of the MDR1 gene product P-glycoprotein (P-gp), ..
- Functional polymorphisms of the human multidrug-resistance gene: multiple sequence variations and correlation of one allele with P-glycoprotein expression and activity in vivoS Hoffmeyer
Epidauros Biotechnology, Pharmacogenetics Laboratory, Am Neuland 1, D 82347 Bernried, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:3473-8. 2000..Homozygosity for this variant was observed in 24% of our sample population (n = 188). This polymorphism is expected to affect the absorption and tissue concentrations of numerous other substrates of MDR-1...
- P-glycoprotein: from genomics to mechanismSuresh V Ambudkar
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute NIH, 37 Convent Drive, Building 37, Room 1A 09, Bethesda, MD 20892 4254, USA
Oncogene 22:7468-85. 2003..The first of these to be identified was P-glycoprotein (P-gp), the product of the human MDR1 gene, localized to chromosome 7q21. P-gp is a member of the large ATP-binding cassette (ABC) family of proteins...
- Comprehensive pharmacogenetic analysis of irinotecan neutropenia and pharmacokineticsFederico Innocenti
The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:2604-14. 2009..We aim to identify genetic variation, in addition to the UGT1A1*28 polymorphism, that can explain the variability in irinotecan (CPT-11) pharmacokinetics and neutropenia in cancer patients...
- Modulation of function of three ABC drug transporters, P-glycoprotein (ABCB1), mitoxantrone resistance protein (ABCG2) and multidrug resistance protein 1 (ABCC1) by tetrahydrocurcumin, a major metabolite of curcuminPornngarm Limtrakul
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Mol Cell Biochem 296:85-95. 2007..proteins, P-glycoprotein (P-gp or ABCB1), mitoxantrone resistance protein (MXR or ABCG2) and multidrug resistance protein 1 (MRP1 or ABCC1) was investigated, to assess whether an ultimate metabolite form of curcuminoids (THC) ..
- A MDR1 (ABCB1) gene single nucleotide polymorphism predicts outcome of temozolomide treatment in glioblastoma patientsM Schaich
Department of Medicine I, University Hospital C G Carus, Dresden, Germany
Ann Oncol 20:175-81. 2009..We aimed to confirm first that temozolomide is a target for the multidrug resistance transporter MDR1/ABCB1 and second to investigate whether genetic variants of the MDR1 gene are associated with the survival of ..
- Pharmacogenetics of efavirenz and central nervous system side effects: an Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group studyDavid W Haas
Program for Human Genetics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 345 24th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
AIDS 18:2391-400. 2004..Efavirenz is metabolized by cytochrome P4502B6 (CYP2B6). We investigated whether polymorphisms in CYP2B6, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, and MDR1 were associated with efavirenz central nervous system side effects and pharmacokinetics.
- Human P-glycoprotein is active when the two halves are clamped together in the closed conformationTip W Loo
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 395:436-40. 2010The P-glycoprotein (P-gp, ABCB1) drug pump protects us from toxic compounds and confers multidrug resistance...
- A common P-glycoprotein polymorphism is associated with nortriptyline-induced postural hypotension in patients treated for major depressionR L Roberts
Department of Pathology, Christchurch School of Medicine, Christchurch, New Zealand
Pharmacogenomics J 2:191-6. 2002The multi-drug resistance gene ABCB1 (or MDR1) encodes a P-glycoprotein (P-gp) that regulates passage of many substances across the blood-brain barrier...
- Processing mutations disrupt interactions between the nucleotide binding and transmembrane domains of P-glycoprotein and the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR)Tip W Loo
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 283:28190-7. 2008P-glycoprotein (P-gp, ABCB1) is an ATP-dependent drug pump. Each of its two homologous halves contains a transmembrane domain (TMD) that has six transmembrane (TM) segments and a nucleotide-binding domain (NBD)...
- Haplotypic structure of ABCB1/MDR1 gene modifies the risk of the acute allograft rejection in renal transplant recipientsStepan Bandur
Transplant Laboratory, Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
Transplantation 86:1206-13. 2008..Tac) and cyclosporine is determined by cytochrome P450IIIA and by P-glycoprotein encoded by the CYP3A4/CYP3A5 and ABCB1 genes...
- Structural insights into P-glycoprotein (ABCB1) by small angle X-ray scattering and electron crystallographyChristopher A McDevitt
Nuffield Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
FEBS Lett 582:2950-6. 2008P-glycoprotein (ABCB1) is an ATP-binding cassette protein that is associated with the acquisition of multi-drug resistance in cancer and the failure of chemotherapy in humans...
- Caveolin-1 gene is coordinately regulated with the multidrug resistance 1 gene in normal and leukemic bone marrowAnnie Pang
University Department of Medicine, Professorial Block, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, PR China
Leuk Res 28:973-7. 2004..The coordinate expression of caveolin-1 and MDR-1 suggests that they may either interact physically, or are involved in the same aberrant pathway(s) activated during MDR-1 up-regulation...
- Influence of CYP3A5 genetic polymorphism on tacrolimus daily dose requirements and acute rejection in renal graft recipientsLina Quteineh
Pharmacology Department, Pierre et Marie Curie University, Saint Antoine University Hospital, Paris, France
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 103:546-52. 2008..Our objective was to determine the influence of CYP3A5 and ABCB1 genetic polymorphisms on tacrolimus daily requirements and on transplantation outcome...
- CYP3A4 and MDR1 alleles in a Portuguese populationIsa Cavaco
Laboratory of Molecular Toxicology, CMQA, Faculty of Sciences and Technology, University of Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Clin Chem Lab Med 41:1345-50. 2003..In this study we have determined the frequencies of CYP3A4 and MDR1 alleles in Portuguese Caucasians...
- Location of the rhodamine-binding site in the human multidrug resistance P-glycoproteinTip W Loo
Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group in Membrane Biology, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:44332-8. 2002..The results support the "substrate-induced fit" hypothesis for drug binding...
- Tight junction regulation by morphine and HIV-1 tat modulates blood-brain barrier permeabilitySupriya D Mahajan
Division of Allergy, Immunology, and Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Buffalo General Hospital, 301 Multi Research Bldg, 100 High Street, Buffalo, NY 14203, USA
J Clin Immunol 28:528-41. 2008..These studies may lead to the development of novel anti-HIV-1 therapeutics that target specific TJ proteins, thus preventing TJ disruption in opiate using HIV-1 patients...
- MDR1 single nucleotide polymorphism G2677T/A and haplotype are correlated with response to docetaxel-cisplatin chemotherapy in patients with non-small-cell lung cancerJi Hong Pan
Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Public Health for Biotech Drug, Key Laboratory for Modern Medicine and Technology of Shandong Province, Shandong Medicinal and Biotechnology Center, Shandong Academy of Medical Sciences, Jinan, China
Respiration 78:49-55. 2009The multidrug resistance gene 1 (MDR1) encodes P-glycoprotein (P-gp), which plays an important role in mediating multidrug resistance to chemotherapeutic agents...
- MDR1 haplotypes conferring an increased expression of intestinal CYP3A4 rather than MDR1 in female living-donor liver transplant patientsKeiko Hosohata
Department of Pharmacy, Kyoto University Hospital, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Pharm Res 26:1590-5. 2009This study investigated whether haplotypes in the multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1) gene had effects on mRNA expression levels of MDR1 and cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A4, and on the pharmacokinetics of tacrolimus in living-donor liver transplant (..
- Tacrolimus dosing in Chinese renal transplant patients is related to MDR1 gene C3435T polymorphismsD Li
Organ Transplantation, The Third Xiangya Hospital, Changsha, Hunan, China
Transplant Proc 38:2850-2. 2006..The polymorphism C3435T of MDR1, the gene coding P-gp, may influence the expression and activity of P-gp...
- ABCB1/MDR1 gene polymorphisms as a prognostic factor in colorectal cancerEwa Balcerczak
Department of Pharmaceutical Biochemistry, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Int J Colorectal Dis 25:1167-76. 2010To analyse the single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs): ABCB1(1236C>T), ABCB1(2677G>T/A), ABCB1(3435C>T) and haplotypes in the ABCB1/MDR1 gene, which could contribute to genetic risk of colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Association of a polymorphism of ABCB1 with obesity in Japanese individualsSahoko Ichihara
Department of Human Functional Genomics, Life Science Research Center, Mie University, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Genomics 91:512-6. 2008..however, only the 2677G --> A/T polymorphism (rs2032582) of the ATP-binding cassette, subfamily B, member 1 gene (ABCB1) was significantly associated (p=0.0003) with obesity...
- Association of genetic polymorphisms in ESR2, HSD17B1, ABCB1, and SHBG genes with colorectal cancer riskJ Sainz
Division of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:265-76. 2011..COMT, HSD17B1, CYP1A1, CYP17A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, CYP2C9, CYP3A4, CYP2C19, and GSTP1), and hormone transporter (ABCB1) genes with the risk of CRC in German women and men, separately...
- Polymorphisms of the MDR1 gene in the Czech populationK Pechandová
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Department of Pharmacology, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Folia Biol (Praha) 52:184-9. 2006..Previously identified polymorphisms in the MDR1 gene belong to important factors causing this phenomenon...
- Identification of polymorphisms on the MDR1 gene among Turkish population and their effects on multidrug resistance in acute leukemia patientsPelin Kaya
Department of Biology, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Hematol 80:26-34. 2005..This protein is the product of the MDR1 gene...
- Errors and reproducibility of DNA array-based detection of allelic variants in ADME genes: PHARMAchipElisabet Cuyàs
Human Pharmacology and Clinical Neurosciences Research Group of the Neuropsychopharmacology Program, Institut Municipal d Investigació Mèdica IMIM Hospital del Mar, Parc de Recerca Biomedica de Barcelona, c Dr Aiguader 88 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacogenomics 11:257-66. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess the suitability of PHARMAchip for the genotyping of polymorphisms of genes associated with drug metabolism and response as an alternative to Jurilab Ltd's DrugMEt Test...
- Influence of host genetic factors on efavirenz plasma and intracellular pharmacokinetics in HIV-1-infected patientsLaure Elens
Louvain Centre for Toxicology and applied Pharmacology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 53 02, avenue E Mounier, 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
Pharmacogenomics 11:1223-34. 2010..Previous studies have identified some possible genetic determinants of the variability in plasma concentrations. However, their impact on EFV intracellular pharmacokinetics remains mostly unexplored...
- P-glycoprotein deficiency at the blood-brain barrier increases amyloid-beta deposition in an Alzheimer disease mouse modelJohn R Cirrito
Department of Neurology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Clin Invest 115:3285-90. 2005..These data establish a direct link between Pgp and Abeta metabolism in vivo and suggest that Pgp activity at the BBB could affect risk for developing AD as well as provide a novel diagnostic and therapeutic target...
- Deposition of Alzheimer's beta-amyloid is inversely correlated with P-glycoprotein expression in the brains of elderly non-demented humansSilke Vogelgesang
Departments of Neuropathology and Pharmacology, Peter Holtz Research Center of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Pharmacogenetics 12:535-41. 2002..Our results provide the first evidence in human brain tissue that the accumulation of Abeta may be influenced by the expression of P-gp in blood vessels, and suggest that P-gp may influence the elimination of Abeta from brain...
- UGT1A1 polymorphism can predict hematologic toxicity in patients treated with irinotecanJean Francois Cote
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale UMR S775, Bases Moléculaires de la Réponse aux Xénobiotiques, Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 13:3269-75. 2007....
- Simultaneous binding of two different drugs in the binding pocket of the human multidrug resistance P-glycoproteinTip W Loo
Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group in Membrane Biology, and Department of Medicine and, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:39706-10. 2003The human multidrug resistance P-glycoprotein (P-gp, ABCB1) transports a wide variety of structurally diverse compounds out of the cell. The drug-binding pocket of P-gp is located in the transmembrane domains...
- Association of an ABCB1 gene haplotype with pharmacoresistance in temporal lobe epilepsyF Zimprich
Department of Clinical Neurology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Neurology 63:1087-9. 2004..To assess the role of functional variations in its coding gene (ABCB1) the authors genotyped 210 patients with TLE who were stratified according to their degree of drug resistance...
- Irinotecan pathway genotype analysis to predict pharmacokineticsRon H J Mathijssen
Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus MC Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, 3075 EA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 9:3246-53. 2003..The purpose was to explore the relationships between irinotecan disposition and allelic variants of genes coding for adenosine triphosphate binding cassette transporters and enzymes of putative relevance for irinotecan...
- Regulation of MDR1 expression and drug resistance by a positive feedback loop involving hyaluronan, phosphoinositide 3-kinase, and ErbB2Suniti Misra
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Biol Chem 280:20310-5. 2005..These Akt-independent effects are dominant over the effects of Akt on doxorubicin resistance in MCF-7/Adr cells...
- Common ATP-binding cassette B1 variants are associated with increased digoxin serum concentrationAlbert Jan L H J Aarnoudse
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:299-305. 2008Digoxin is a known substrate of ATP-binding cassette B1 (ABCB1/MDR1). The results of studies on the association between ABCB1 polymorphisms and digoxin kinetics, however, remain contradictory...
- Functional C3435T polymorphism of MDR1 gene: an impact on genetic susceptibility and clinical outcome of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaKrzysztof Jamroziak
Department of Haematology, Medical University of Lodz, ul Pabianicka 62, 93 513 Lodz, Poland
Eur J Haematol 72:314-21. 2004..Recently, the single-nucleotide polymorphism C3435T of MDR1 gene has been found to be associated with altered tissue expression and function of P-gp...
- MDR1 single nucleotide polymorphisms predict response to vinorelbine-based chemotherapy in patients with non-small cell lung cancerJi Hong Pan
Key Laboratory, Ministry of Public Health, Biotech Drugs, Shandong Medicinal and Biotechnology Center, Shandong Academy of Medical Sciences, Jinan, China
Respiration 75:380-5. 2008..The polymorphisms of genes participate in metabolism and transport, and therefore may have an impact on the response to vinorelbine...
- P-glycoprotein models of the apo and ATP-bound states based on homology with Sav1866 and MalKMegan L O'Mara
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
FEBS Lett 581:4217-22. 2007..These conformations (see supplementary material) may characterize some of the major steps in the nucleotide catalytic cycle...
- Polymorphisms in multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1) gene are associated with refractory Crohn disease and ulcerative colitisU Potocnik
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Pathology, Medical Faculty, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Genes Immun 5:530-9. 2004We used coding and noncoding polymorphisms evenly spaced across the ABCB1/MDR1 gene to perform association analysis in Slovenian patients with inflammatory bowel diseases and to obtain haplotype structure and patterns of linkage ..
- Genetic polymorphism in MDR-1: a tool for examining allelic expression in normal cells, unselected and drug-selected cell lines, and human tumorsL A Mickley
Medicine Branch, Division of Clinical Sciences DCS, National Cancer Institute NCI, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 91:1749-56. 1998..Acquired drug resistance in vitro and in patients is often associated with expression of a single MDR-1 allele, and this can be a marker of a hybrid MDR-1 gene...
- ABCB1 (MDR 1) polymorphisms and progression-free survival among women with ovarian cancer following paclitaxel/carboplatin chemotherapySharon E Johnatty
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Clin Cancer Res 14:5594-601. 2008The human ABCB1 gene encodes P-glycoprotein, which transports a broad range of anticancer drugs, including paclitaxel...
- A synonymous polymorphism in a common MDR1 (ABCB1) haplotype shapes protein functionKing Leung Fung
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Center of Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 37 Convent Drive, Room 2108, Bethesda, MD 20892 4254, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1794:860-71. 2009The MDR1 (ABCB1) gene encodes a membrane-bound transporter that actively effluxes a wide range of compounds from cells. The overexpression of MDR1 by multidrug-resistant cancer cells is a serious impediment to chemotherapy...
- Association between Genetic Polymorphism of Multidrug Resistance 1 Gene and Sasang ConstitutionsHyun Ju Kim
Department of Oriental Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Wonkwang University, 344 2 Shinyong dong, Iksan, Jeonbuk, 570 749, Republic of Korea Tel
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 6:73-80. 2009Multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1) is a gene that expresses P-glycoprotein (P-gp), a drug transporter protein...
- The effect of MDR1 (ABCB1) polymorphism on the pharmacokinetic of tacrolimus in Turkish renal transplant recipientsS H Akbas
Central Laboratory, Akdeniz University, Faculty of Medicine, Antalya, Turkey
Transplant Proc 38:1290-2. 2006..TRL is a substrate for P-glycoprotein (P-gp), the product of the multidrug resistance-1 (MDR1)(ABCB1) gene. P-gp acts as a membrane efflux pump, which affects TRL absorption from the gut...
- MDR1 polymorphism influences the outcome of multiple myeloma patientsGabriele Buda
Department of Oncology, Transplants and Advanced Technologies, Section of Hematology, Pisa University, Pisa, Italy
Br J Haematol 137:454-6. 2007The multidrug resistance gene (MDR1) has been reported to be an additional prognostic factor in acute myeloid leukaemia patients...
- Haplotype analysis of ABCB1/MDR1 blocks in a Japanese population reveals genotype-dependent renal clearance of irinotecanKimie Sai
Project Team for Pharmacogenetics, Division of Xenobiotic Metabolism and Disposition, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1, Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Pharmacogenetics 13:741-57. 2003We performed comprehensive haplotyping of ABCB1/MDR1 gene blocks using 49 genetic polymorphisms, including seven novel ones, obtained from 145 Japanese subjects...
- MDR1 pharmacogenetics: frequency of the C3435T mutation in exon 26 is significantly influenced by ethnicityM M Ameyaw
University of Aberdeen, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Institute of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, UK
Pharmacogenetics 11:217-21. 2001P-glycoprotein (PGP), the product of the multidrug resistance gene (MDR1), acts as an energy-dependent efflux pump that exports its substrates out of the cell...
- Association of the multidrug resistance-1 gene single-nucleotide polymorphisms with the tacrolimus dose requirements in renal transplant recipientsDany Anglicheau
Unité INSERM UMR S490, Molecular Toxicology, Centre Universitaire des Saints Peres, Universite Rene Descartes, 45 Rue des Saints Peres, 75006 Paris, France univ paris5 fr
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:1889-96. 2003..interindividual variations, is a substrate for P-glycoprotein (P-gp), the product of the multidrug resistance-1 (MDR1) gene...
- Associations of ABCB1, ABCC2, and ABCG2 polymorphisms with irinotecan-pharmacokinetics and clinical outcome in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancerJi Youn Han
Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Korea
Cancer 110:138-47. 2007The authors investigated whether ABCB1, ABCC2, and ABCG2 genetic polymorphisms affect pharmacokinetics (PK) of irinotecan and treatment outcome of patients with advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- CDX2 regulates multidrug resistance 1 gene expression in malignant intestinal epitheliumYuji Takakura
Department of Surgery, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Cancer Res 70:6767-78. 2010..Microarray-based gene expression studies revealed that the Multidrug Resistance 1 (MDR1/P-glycoprotein/ABCB1) gene was activated by CDX2...
- Population pharmacokinetic and pharmacogenomic analysis of tacrolimus in pediatric living-donor liver transplant recipientsMasahide Fukudo
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University Hospital, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Clin Pharmacol Ther 80:331-45. 2006..of tacrolimus in pediatric living-donor liver transplant recipients and examine the effects of the multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1) gene and the cytochrome P450 (CYP) genes CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 on the oral clearance of tacrolimus.
- Effects of genetic polymorphisms of CYP3A4, CYP3A5 and MDR1 on cyclosporine pharmacokinetics after renal transplantationYong fang Hu
Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 33:1093-8. 2006..aim of the present study was to evaluate retrospectively the effects of genetic polymorphisms of CYP3A4, CYP3A5 and MDR1 on cyclosporine dose adjusted trough blood concentration during the early period after renal transplantation in ..
- P-glycoprotein drug transporter MDR1 gene polymorphism in renal transplant patients with and without gingival overgrowthM Drozdzik
Department of Pharmacology, Pomeranian Medical University, Poland
J Clin Periodontol 31:758-63. 2004..To determine whether there is association between genotypes of drug transporter multidrug resistant (MDR)1 gene coding drug transporter P-glycoprotein and gingival overgrowth in kidney transplant patients...
- Initial dosage adjustment for oral administration of tacrolimus using the intestinal MDR1 level in living-donor liver transplant recipientsS Masuda
Department of Pharmacy, Kyoto University Hospital, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Transplant Proc 37:1728-9. 2005The role of intestinal P-glycoprotein (encoded by the MDR1/ABCB1 gene) and/or metabolic enzyme CYP3A4 for tacrolimus therapy was examined in recipients of living-donor liver transplantation (LDLT), under the hypothesis that these ..
- P-glycoprotein substrate transport assessed by comparing cellular and vesicular ATPase activityPierluigi Nervi
Biophysical Chemistry, Biozentrum, University of Basel, Klingelbergstrasse 70, Switzerland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1798:515-25. 2010We compared the P-glycoprotein ATPase activity in inside-out plasma membrane vesicles and living NIH-MDR1-G185 cells with the aim to detect substrate transport...
- Association of the colorectal cancer and MDR1 gene polymorphism in an Iranian populationAzam Khedri
Islamic Azad University Branch Masjedsoleiman, Masjedsoleiman, Iran
Mol Biol Rep 38:2939-43. 2011The human multidrug resistance (MDR1) gene product P-glycoprotein is highly expressed in intestinal epithelial cells, where it constitutes a barrier against xenobiotics, bacterial toxins, drugs and other biologically active compounds, ..
- Impact of ABCB1 (MDR1) haplotypes on tacrolimus dosing in adult lung transplant patients who are CYP3A5 *3/*3 non-expressorsJian Wang
University of Southern California, 1985, Zonal Ave, PSC 100, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Transpl Immunol 15:235-40. 2006The influence of ABCB1 (MDR1) polymorphisms on tacrolimus dosing has been questioned in previous studies with contradictory findings, possibly due to the association between CYP3A5 polymorphisms and tacrolimus dosing...
- MDR1 genotypes do not influence the absorption of a single oral dose of 1 mg digoxin in healthy white malesThomas Gerloff
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Charite University Medical Center, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Br J Clin Pharmacol 54:610-6. 2002A noncoding single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in exon 26 3435C > T of the highly polymorphic MDR1 gene has been demonstrated to alter digoxin absorption after induction of the MDR1 gene product P-glycoprotein by rifampicin or after ..
- Tacrolimus dose requirement in relation to donor and recipient ABCB1 and CYP3A5 gene polymorphisms in Chinese liver transplant patientsWang Wei-lin
Department of Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery, Key Lab of Combined Multi Organ Transplantation, Ministry of Public Health, the First Affiliated Hospital of Medical College, Zhejiang University, Hang Zhou, People s Republic of China
Liver Transpl 12:775-80. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate whether the heterogeneity in tacrolimus dose requirement is associated with ABCB1 and CYP3A5 gene polymorphisms in Chinese liver transplant patients during the first month after transplantation...
- Multidrug resistance gene (MDR-1) and risk of brain metastasis in epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, and peritoneal cancerKoji Matsuo
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas, Houston, 77230 1439, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 34:488-93. 2011..To evaluate risk factors that predict brain metastasis in epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, and peritoneal cancer...
- RNA expression of breast cancer resistance protein, lung resistance-related protein, multidrug resistance-associated proteins 1 and 2, and multidrug resistance gene 1 in breast cancer: correlation with chemotherapeutic responseHerman Burger
Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam Daniel den Hoed Kliniek Josephine Nefkens Institute, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 9:827-36. 2003..The aim of this study was to investigate whether expression of particular drug resistance genes in primary operable breast cancer correlates with response to first-line chemotherapy in advanced disease...
- Polymorphisms of ERCC1 C118T/C8092A and MDR1 C3435T predict outcome of platinum-based chemotherapies in advanced non-small cell lung cancer: a meta-analysisHai Bo Wei
Department of Oncology Medicine, The 3 rd Affiliated Hospital, Harbin Medical University, China
Arch Med Res 42:412-20. 2011..We performed this meta-analysis to compare outcome to platinum-based chemotherapies in advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with different ERCC1 C118T/C8092A and MDR1 C3435T polymorphisms.
- Polymorphisms and haplotypes in the multidrug resistance 1 gene (MDR1/ABCB1) and risk of multiple myelomaKrzysztof Jamroziak
Department of Hematology, Medical University of Lodz, Ciolkowskiego 2, 93 513 Lodz, Poland
Leuk Res 33:332-5. 2009MDR1(ABCB1) gene encodes for P-glycoprotein (P-gp, MDR1, ABCB1), an ATP-binding cassette superfamily member involved in the transport of xenobiotics...
- The significance of C3435T point mutation of the MDR1 gene in endometrial cancerP M Mrozikiewicz
Department of Pharmacology and Biotechnology, Research Institute of Medicinal Plants, Poznan, Poland
Int J Gynecol Cancer 17:728-31. 2007..Interindividual differences in P-gp activity could modulate susceptibility to cancer development. The MDR1 gene, coding for P-gp, is highly polymorphic and some mutations modulate P-gp activity...
- Molecular mechanism of chemoresistance by astrocyte elevated gene-1Byoung Kwon Yoo
Department of Human and Molecular Genetics, VCU Institute of Molecular Medicine, and VCU Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
Cancer Res 70:3249-58. 2010..gene 1 (MDR1) protein, resulting in increased efflux and decreased accumulation of doxorubicin, promoting doxorubicin resistance. Suppression of MDR1 by small interfering RNA or chemical reagents, or inhibition of AEG-1 or a ..
- Frequency distribution of C3435T mutation in exon 26 of the MDR1 gene in a Spanish populationMaria Luisa Bernal
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Zaragoza, Spain
Ther Drug Monit 25:107-11. 2003..05, respectively). The great differences found between their population and others, such as the African and southwest Asian populations, could have important therapeutic implications when drugs that are a substrate of PGP are used...
- Expression of functional multidrug-resistance protein 1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: effects of N- and C-terminal affinity tagsSung Haeng Lee
Membrane Protein Laboratory, Sealy Center for Structural Biology, and Department of Physiology and Biophysics, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0437, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 306:644-9. 2003..We conclude that because of its low cost and simplicity, the S. cerevisiae-based MRP1-expression system will be useful for studies where a large number of mutants or milligram amounts of purified MRP1 are needed...
- Prognostic significance of multidrug resistance gene 1 (MDR1), multidrug resistance-related protein (MRP) and lung resistance protein (LRP) mRNA expression in acute leukemiaHee Jin Huh
Department of Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan and Asan Medical Center, Pungnap dong, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 21:253-8. 2006..We investigated whether multidrug resistance gene 1 (MDR1), multidrug resistance-related protein (MRP) and lung resistance protein (LRP) mRNA expression are associated with ..
- ABCB1 genetic variability and methadone dosage requirements in opioid-dependent individualsJanet K Coller
Discipline of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, The University of Adelaide, and Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, SA, Australia
Clin Pharmacol Ther 80:682-90. 2006..Methadone is a substrate for the P-glycoprotein transporter, encoded by the ABCB1 gene, which regulates central nervous system exposure...
- MDR-1 C3435T polymorphism influences cyclosporine a dose requirement in liver-transplant recipientsLaurence Bonhomme-Faivre
Service Pharmacie Pharmacologie, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France
Transplantation 78:21-5. 2004..CsA is a substrate for P-glycoprotein, a member of the ABC transporter family encoded by the multiple drug-resistant gene MDR1.
- Expression and functional activity of the ABC-transporter proteins P-glycoprotein and multidrug-resistance protein 1 in human brain tumor cells and astrocytesSabine Spiegl-Kreinecker
Department of Neurosurgery, Landesnervenklinik Wagner Jauregg Hospital, Linz, Austria
J Neurooncol 57:27-36. 2002..In contrast, MRP1 is demonstrated to play a constitutive role in the intrinsic chemoresistance of gliomas and their normal cell counterpart...
- CYP3A5*1-carrying graft liver reduces the concentration/oral dose ratio of tacrolimus in recipients of living-donor liver transplantationMaki Goto
Department of Pharmacy, Kyoto University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University
Pharmacogenetics 14:471-8. 2004..We have previously reported that an intestinal P-glycoprotein (MDR1) contributes to this variation as an absorptive barrier, but the role of hepatic metabolism is not clear.
- Expression of multidrug resistance 1 and glutathione-S-transferase-Pi protein in nasopharyngeal carcinomaC L Chen
Department of Pathology, China Medical College Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Hum Pathol 32:1240-4. 2001..5%) of 43 with recurrent NPC, and 9 (45%) of 20 with metastatic NPC. Simultaneous expression of MDR1 and GST-Pi was observed in 13 (72.2%) of 18 patients with primary NPC and 12 (85.7%) of 14 with recurrent NPC...
- Cyp3A4, Cyp3A5, and MDR-1 genetic influences on tacrolimus pharmacokinetics in renal transplant recipientsJean Nicholas Roy
Laboratoire d Immunogénétique, Centre hospitalier de l Université de Montréal CHUM Hôpital Notre Dame, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Pharmacogenet Genomics 16:659-65. 2006..The objective was to investigate the association between Cyp3A4, Cyp3A5, and MDR-1 polymorphisms and tacrolimus pharmacokinetics in the early period after renal transplantation...
- Detection of the four sequence variations of MDR1 gene using TaqMan MGB probe based real-time PCR and haplotype analysis in healthy Japanese subjectsKatsuhiko Saito
Division of Pharmaceutical Health Care and Sciences, Sapporo Medical University, South 1, West 16, Chuo Ku, Sapporo, 060 8543 Japan
Clin Biochem 36:511-8. 2003P-glycoprotein (P-gp) is significant from the viewpoint of pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD). MDR1 gene encodes P-gp and has a wide variety of SNPs...
- Polymorphisms in the multidrug resistance-1 (MDR1) gene influence the response to atorvastatin treatment in a gender-specific mannerKouji Kajinami
Lipid Research Laboratory, Division of Endocrinology Metabolism and Molecular Biology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Cardiol 93:1046-50. 2004..Also, haplotype determination combined with these polymorphisms identified a subgroup that showed a striking response to treatment, which was not defined by a single polymorphism...
- Prognostic significance of the immunohistochemical expression of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase, P-glycoprotein, and multidrug resistance protein-1 in glioblastomasTakao Nakagawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, Yoshida gun, Fukui, Japan
Neuropathology 29:379-88. 2009....
- ABCB1 (MDR1) genetic variants are associated with methadone doses required for effective treatment of heroin dependenceOrna Levran
Laboratory of the Biology of Addictive Diseases, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:2219-27. 2008..Methadone is a substrate of the transporter P-glycoprotein (P-gp) 170 that is encoded by the ABCB1 (MDR1) gene. Thus, P-gp variants may play a role in methadone absorption and distribution...
- Frequency of single nucleotide polymorphisms in the P-glycoprotein drug transporter MDR1 gene in white subjectsI Cascorbi
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Center Charite, Humboldt University Berlin
Clin Pharmacol Ther 69:169-74. 2001P-glycoprotein, the gene product of MDR1, confers multidrug resistance against antineoplastic agents but also plays an important role in the bioavailability of common drugs in medical treatment...
- Influence of CYP3A5 and MDR1 polymorphisms on tacrolimus concentration in the early stage after renal transplantationXin Zhang
Research Institute of Nephrology, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing University School of Medicine, Nanjing, China
Clin Transplant 19:638-43. 2005..Cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A and P-glycoprotein (P-gp, encoded by MDR1) play an important role in the absorption and metabolism of tacrolimus...
- MDR1 (ABCB1) gene polymorphism C3435T is associated with P-glycoprotein activity in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemiaKrzysztof Jamroziak
Department of Hematology, Medical University of Łódź, Ciołkowskiego 2, PL 93 510 Łódź, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 58:720-8. 2006Functional single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) C3435T in exon 26 of the MDR1 ( ABCB1 ) gene encoding the xenobiotic transporter P-glycoprotein (P-gp, MDR1, ABCB1) may influence susceptibility to several diseases as well as clinical ..
- Effects of polymorphisms of MDR1, MRP1, and MRP2 genes on their mRNA expression levels in duodenal enterocytes of healthy Japanese subjectsYuka Moriya
Department of Environmental Biochemistry, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 25:1356-9. 2002In the present study, we examined whether polymorphisms in the ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter genes, MDR1, MRP1 and MRP2, were associated with their respective mRNA expression levels in duodenal enterocytes of 13 healthy Japanese ..
- Multidrug resistance 1 gene in inflammatory bowel disease: a meta-analysisV Annese
Unita di Gastroenterologia, Ospedale IRCCS Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza San Giovanni Rotondo Fg, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 12:3636-44. 2006The MDR1 gene is an attractive candidate gene for the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and perhaps response to therapy, with evidences at both functional and genetic levels...
- MDR1 haplotype frequencies in Japanese and Caucasian, and in Japanese patients with colorectal cancer and esophageal cancerChiho Komoto
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, School of Medicine, Kobe University, Japan
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 21:126-32. 2006The genotype frequencies of MDR1 T-129C, C1236T, G2677A,T and C3435T SNPs were compared in 154 healthy Japanese and 100 healthy Caucasians to provide basic information on the inter-ethnic differences of pharmacotherapeutic outcome...
- Polymorphism in the P-glycoprotein drug transporter MDR1 gene in colon cancer patientsMateusz Kurzawski
Department of Pharmacology, Pomeranian Medical University, Powstańców Wlkp 72 str, 70 111, Szczecin, Poland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 61:389-94. 2005The P-glycoprotein, a product of MDR1 (multiple drug resistance 1) gene, is a membrane efflux pump localized in epithelial cells in the small and large intestine, a part of the gastrointestinal barrier that protects cells against ..
- ABCB1/MDR1 gene determines susceptibility and phenotype in ulcerative colitis: discrimination of critical variants using a gene-wide haplotype tagging approachG T Ho
Molecular Medicine Unit and Gastrointestinal Unit, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Hum Mol Genet 15:797-805. 2006Several lines of evidence suggest a role for the multidrug resistance gene (ABCB1/MDR1) and its product, P-glycoprotein 170, in the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)...
- Prognostic significance of multidrug-resistance protein (MDR-1) in renal clear cell carcinomas: a five year follow-up analysisChiara Mignogna
Department of Biomorphological and Functional Sciences, Section of Pathology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
BMC Cancer 6:293. 2006..We studied MDR-1 expression in selected cases of renal cell carcinoma (RCC), clear cell type, with long-term follow-up, in order to establish its prognostic role and its possible contribution in the choice of post-surgical therapy...
- The "LSGGQ" motif in each nucleotide-binding domain of human P-glycoprotein is adjacent to the opposing walker A sequenceTip W Loo
Canadian Institutes for Health Research Group in Membrane Biology, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:41303-6. 2002The human multidrug resistance P-glycoprotein (P-gp, ABCB1), a member of the ATP-binding cassette (ABC) family of transport proteins, actively transports many cytotoxic compounds out of the cell...
- MDR1 diplotypes as prognostic markers in multiple myelomaValentina Maggini
Department of Biology, Transplants and Advanced Technologies, Section of Hematology, Pisa University, Pisa, Italy
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:383-9. 2008The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of diplotypes of MDR1 polymorphisms at positions 2677 and 3435 on the clinical outcome of multiple myeloma, in terms of response to the therapy and overall survival (OS).
- Genetic variation and response to morphine in cancer patients: catechol-O-methyltransferase and multidrug resistance-1 gene polymorphisms are associated with central side effectsJoy R Ross
St Joseph s Hospice, and Department of Clinical Genomics, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Cancer 112:1390-403. 2008..Central side effects, such as drowsiness, confusion, and hallucinations, can limit the use of opioids in clinical practice...
- Determination of P-glycoprotein, MDR-related protein 1, breast cancer resistance protein, and lung-resistance protein expression in leukemic stem cells of acute myeloid leukemiaLorena L de Figueiredo-Pontes
Hematology Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical School of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 74:163-8. 2008....
- Expression of multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1), multidrug resistance-related protein 1 (MRP1), lung resistance protein (LRP), and breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP) genes and clinical outcome in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaM Kourti
Second Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Int J Hematol 86:166-73. 2007The aim of this prospective study was to analyze the expression of messenger RNA of genes, such as MDR1, MRP1, BCRP, and LRP, implicated in the mechanism of multidrug resistance (MDR) in relation to the response to induction chemotherapy ..
- Cyclooxygenase-2, multidrug resistance 1, and breast cancer resistance protein gene polymorphisms and inflammatory bowel disease in the Danish populationMette Østergaard
Medical Department, Viborg Regional Hospital, Viborg
Scand J Gastroenterol 44:65-73. 2009..The purpose of the study was to investigate whether single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in genes involved in these processes were associated with CD and UC...
- Nucleotide binding, ATP hydrolysis, and mutation of the catalytic carboxylates of human P-glycoprotein cause distinct conformational changes in the transmembrane segmentsTip W Loo
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
Biochemistry 46:9328-36. 2007P-Glycoprotein (P-gp, ABCB1) transports a variety of structurally unrelated cytotoxic compounds out of the cell...
- A polymorphism C3435T of the MDR-1 gene associated with smoking or high body mass index increases the risk of sporadic breast cancer in womenPavol Zubor
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jessenius Faculty of Medicine, Comenius University, 03659 Martin, Slovak Republic
Oncol Rep 18:211-7. 2007..Our observations are the first that indicate this polymorphism as a modulator of health to be associated with an increased risk of breast cancer...
- Molecular models of human P-glycoprotein in two different catalytic statesJean Paul Becker
Structure et Fonction des Membranes Biologiques, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Boulevard du Triomphe CP 206 2, B 1050 Brussels, Belgium
BMC Struct Biol 9:3. 2009..In the absence of a high-resolution structure of P-glycoprotein, homology modeling is a useful tool to help interpretation of experimental data and potentially guide experimental studies...
- ABCB1 gene polymorphisms and expression of P-glycoprotein and long-term prognosis in colorectal cancerSara De Iudicibus
Department of Life Sciences, University of Trieste, Italy
Anticancer Res 28:3921-8. 2008P-glycoprotein (Pgp), encoded by the ATP-binding cassette B1 (ABCB1) gene, is an efflux transporter located on the luminal side of intestinal epithelial cells, which protects the gut from endogenous and exogenous toxins...
- Haplotype-oriented genetic analysis and functional assessment of promoter variants in the MDR1 (ABCB1) geneHiroshi Takane
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, 36 1, Nishi machi, Yonago, 683 8504, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 311:1179-87. 2004Recently, a number of nucleotide variants have been described in the multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1/ABCB1) gene; however, most studies have focused on the coding region...
- The drug-binding pocket of the human multidrug resistance P-glycoprotein is accessible to the aqueous mediumTip W Loo
CIHR Group in Membrane Biology, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
Biochemistry 43:12081-9. 2004..By contrast, cross-linking of cysteine residues located outside the drug-binding pocket (such as G300C(TM5)/F770C(TM8)) was not affected by MTSES or MTSET. These results indicate that the drug-binding pocket is accessible to water...
- Introduction of the most common cystic fibrosis mutation (Delta F508) into human P-glycoprotein disrupts packing of the transmembrane segmentsTip W Loo
Canadian Institutes for Health Research CIHR Group in Membrane Biology, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:27585-8. 2002..These results show that deletion at residue 490 disrupts packing of the TM segments possibly by affecting interaction between the first nucleotide-binding domain (Tyr(490)) and the first cytoplasmic loop (Glu(184))...
- Transcriptional repression of protein kinase Calpha via Sp1 by wild type p53 is involved in inhibition of multidrug resistance 1 P-glycoprotein phosphorylationMaocheng Zhan
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 280:4825-33. 2005..More importantly, PKCalpha phosphorylates and activates MDR1 P-glycoprotein, whereas inhibition of PKCalpha by p53 leads to decreased MDR1 phosphorylation in STS cells, which ..
- MDR Gene Polymorphisms in AMLMaria Baer; Fiscal Year: 2007The ATP-binding cassette (ABC) proteins P-glycoprotein (Pgp; MDR1; encoded by ABCB1), multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP-1; encoded by ABCC1) and breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP; encoded by ABCG2) are energy-dependent ..
- REGULATION OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE PHENOTYPEWilliam Hait; Fiscal Year: 2002..One of the most exciting advances was the discovery of P-glycoprotein (P-gp), the MDR1 gene product, which can impart multi-drug resistance (MDR) by virtue of its ability to transport certain molecules ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF NEW SEMISYNTHETIC TAXANESRalph Bernacki; Fiscal Year: 2001..Clearly, second generation taxanes that have improved therapeutic activity against multi-drug resistant (MDR1 gene mediated) tumors would be advantageous...
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF PLEIOTROPIC DRUG RESISTANCEW Moye Rowley; Fiscal Year: 1993..Animal cells often acquire this property by amplifying the expression of a P-glycoprotein-encoding gene, MDR1. Yeast cells also possess a phenotype, known as pleiotropic drug resistance (Pdr), analogous to mammalian Mdr...
- MODULATION OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE MECHANISMSBranimir Sikic; Fiscal Year: 2002..Studies of new modulators of MDR1/P-glycoprotein (P-gp) multidrug resistance (MDR) will continue...
- Vaginal Drug Delivery of P-glycoprotein SubstratesGiovanni Pauletti; Fiscal Year: 2003..The MDR1 gene product P-gp is a prototype of membrane efflux systems that limit transcellular transport of drug molecules ..
- ABCB5 P-Glycoprotein in Cancer Multidrug ResistanceMarkus Frank; Fiscal Year: 2007Multidrug resistance (MDR) mediated by MDR1 (ABCB1) P-glycoprotein and related ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters is an impediment to successful cancer therapy...
- ABCB5 P-Glycoprotein in Cancer Multidrug ResistanceMarkus H Frank; Fiscal Year: 2010Multidrug resistance (MDR) mediated by MDR1 (ABCB1) P-glycoprotein and related ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters is an impediment to successful cancer therapy...
- XENOBIOTIC REGULATION OF LIVER P-GLYCOPROTEINJohn Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2001In our previous funding period we established that expression of the hepatic multidrug resistance (MDR1) gene product, P-glycoprotein, varies over 50-fold among individuals...
- P-Glycoprotein and Disposition of PsychostimulantsJOHN MARKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..The most prominent gene of the ABC cassette family of transporters, ABCB1 (also known as MDR1), is highly polymorphic and encodes for P-glycoprotein (PGP)...
- Role of the ABC Transporter ABCB6 in CytotoxicityJohn Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our studies have sought to understand the function and regulation of ABC transporters with a focus on the MDR1 gene that encodes a protein conferring resistance to a large number of therapeutic drugs and cytotoxic compounds...
- MDR1 GENE THERAPY IN CD34+ CELLS AND SCID MICEJames Doroshow; Fiscal Year: 2002The human MDR1 gene encodes a multispecific drug transporter, P- glycoprotein (Pgp), that prevents drug accumulation in resistant cells. Overexpression of MDR1 is sufficient for conferring multidrug resistance on otherwise normal cells...
- IMAGING MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE AND MODULATION IN BREAST CADavid Piwnica Worms; Fiscal Year: 2002..Emergence of multidrug resistance (MDR) in breast cancer mediated by the MDR1 P-glycoprotein has been associated with poor response to chemotherapy and a shorter overall survival...
- INTERACTIONS OF P GLYCOPROTEIN WITH CYTOCHROME P4503AErin Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our recent studies have established that the product of the multidrug resistance gene (MDR1), the drug efflux transporter P-glycoprotein (Pgp), influences the pharmacological disposition of rifampicin and is ..
- Canine model for assessing CNS access P-gp substratesKATRINA MEALEY; Fiscal Year: 2005The overall goal of the proposed research is to validate a P-glycoprotein (P-gp) deficient canine model [MDR1(mut/mut)] for delineating the role of P-gp in restricting access of therapeutic agents to the central nervous system (CNS)...
- MDR1 GENE THERAPY IN CD34+ CELLS AND SCID MICESusan Kane; Fiscal Year: 2001The human MDR1 gene encodes a multispecific drug transporter, P- glycoprotein (Pgp), that prevents drug accumulation in resistant cells. Overexpression of MDR1 is sufficient for conferring multidrug resistance on otherwise normal cells...