Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ABCB1
Description: ATP-binding cassette, sub-family B (MDR/TAP), member 1
Alias: ABC20, CD243, CLCS, GP170, MDR1, P-GP, PGY1, P-glycoprotein 1, colchicin sensitivity, doxorubicin resistance, multidrug resistance protein 1
Publications283 found, 100 shown here
- A "silent" polymorphism in the MDR1 gene changes substrate specificityChava Kimchi-Sarfaty
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Science 315:525-8. 2007..We report that a synonymous SNP in the Multidrug Resistance 1 (MDR1) gene, part of a haplotype previously linked to altered function of the MDR1 gene product P-glycoprotein (P-gp), ..
- Functional polymorphisms of the human multidrug-resistance gene: multiple sequence variations and correlation of one allele with P-glycoprotein expression and activity in vivoS Hoffmeyer
Epidauros Biotechnology, Pharmacogenetics Laboratory, Am Neuland 1, D 82347 Bernried, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:3473-8. 2000..Homozygosity for this variant was observed in 24% of our sample population (n = 188). This polymorphism is expected to affect the absorption and tissue concentrations of numerous other substrates of MDR-1...
- Let-7 modulates acquired resistance of ovarian cancer to Taxanes via IMP-1-mediated stabilization of multidrug resistance 1Benjamin Boyerinas
Feinberg School of Medicine, Division Hematology Oncology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Int J Cancer 130:1787-97. 2012..One of the resistance factors that protects cancer cells from Taxol-based therapy is multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1). micro(mi)RNAs are small noncoding RNAs that negatively regulate protein expression...
- Association of ABCB1/MDR1 and OPRM1 gene polymorphisms with morphine pain reliefD Campa
Department of Biology, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Clin Pharmacol Ther 83:559-66. 2008..We focused on two such genes: ABCB1/MDR1, a major determinant of morphine bioavailability, and OPRM1, which encodes for the mu-opioid receptor, the ..
- Allelic variations of the multidrug resistance gene determine susceptibility and disease behavior in ulcerative colitisGwo Tzer Ho
Gastrointestinal Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Gastroenterology 128:288-96. 2005The MDR1 gene encodes P-glycoprotein 170, an efflux transporter that is highly expressed in intestinal epithelial cells...
- Polymorphisms in the xenobiotic transporter Multidrug Resistance 1 (MDR1) and interaction with meat intake in relation to risk of colorectal cancer in a Danish prospective case-cohort studyVibeke Andersen
Medical Department, Viborg Regional Hospital, DK 8800 Viborg, Denmark
BMC Cancer 9:407. 2009The xenobiotic transporters, Multidrug Resistance 1 (MDR1/ABCB1) and Breast Cancer Resistance Protein (BCRP/ABCG2) may restrict intestinal absorption of various carcinogens, including heterocyclic amines (HCA) and polycyclic aromatic ..
- Response to antiretroviral treatment in HIV-1-infected individuals with allelic variants of the multidrug resistance transporter 1: a pharmacogenetics studyJacques Fellay
Division of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Lancet 359:30-6. 2002..This variability could have a genetic basis. We did a pharmacogenetics study to analyse the association between response to antiretroviral treatment and allelic variants of several genes...
- Isolation and expression of a complementary DNA that confers multidrug resistanceP Gros
Nature 323:728-31. 1986..resistance are frequently associated with amplification and overexpression of a small group of genes termed mdr or gp170. Direct evaluation of the role of these genes in multidrug resistance has awaited the isolation of a member of ..
- ABCB1 genetic variability and methadone dosage requirements in opioid-dependent individualsJanet K Coller
Discipline of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, The University of Adelaide, and Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, SA, Australia
Clin Pharmacol Ther 80:682-90. 2006..Methadone is a substrate for the P-glycoprotein transporter, encoded by the ABCB1 gene, which regulates central nervous system exposure...
- Comprehensive pharmacogenetic analysis of irinotecan neutropenia and pharmacokineticsFederico Innocenti
The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:2604-14. 2009..We aim to identify genetic variation, in addition to the UGT1A1*28 polymorphism, that can explain the variability in irinotecan (CPT-11) pharmacokinetics and neutropenia in cancer patients...
- Polymorphisms in the drug transporter gene ABCB1 predict antidepressant treatment response in depressionManfred Uhr
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstr 10, 80804 Munich, Germany
Neuron 57:203-9. 2008..system depends on its ability to pass the blood-brain barrier, which is regulated by transporter molecules such as ABCB1 (MDR1)...
- Modulation of multidrug resistance P-glycoprotein 1 (ABCB1) expression in human heart by hereditary polymorphismsKonrad Meissner
Peter Holtz Research Center of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Germany
Pharmacogenetics 14:381-5. 2004Variable expression of the ABC-type multidrug resistance membrane protein P-glycoprotein (P-gp, MDR1, ABCB1) in human heart is a potential modulator of drug effects or drug-induced cardiotoxicity...
- Effects of CYP2C19, MDR1, and interleukin 1-B gene variants on the eradication rate of Helicobacter pylori infection by triple therapy with pantoprazole, amoxicillin, and metronidazoleBarbara Gawronska-Szklarz
Department of Pharmacology, Pomeranian Medical University, Powstancow Wlkp 72, 70 111, Szczecin, Poland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 66:681-7. 2010..Aim of the present study was to evaluate an association of CYP2C19, MDR1, and IL-1B polymorphisms with the eradication rate of H...
- Influence of polymorphisms of ABCB1 and ABCC2 on mRNA and protein expression in normal and cancerous kidney cortexS Haenisch
Institute of Pharmacology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Pharmacogenomics J 7:56-65. 2007There is increasing evidence that polymorphisms of the adenosine 5' triphosphate membrane transporters ABCB1 (P-glycoprotein, MDR1) may affect expression and function, whereas less information is available about the impact of ABCC2 (..
- Human AP endonuclease (APE1/Ref-1) and its acetylation regulate YB-1-p300 recruitment and RNA polymerase II loading in the drug-induced activation of multidrug resistance gene MDR1S Sengupta
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1079, USA
Oncogene 30:482-93. 2011..with Y-box-binding protein 1 (YB-1), and acts as its coactivator for the expression of multidrug resistance gene MDR1, thereby causing drug resistance...
- A MDR1 (ABCB1) gene single nucleotide polymorphism predicts outcome of temozolomide treatment in glioblastoma patientsM Schaich
Department of Medicine I, University Hospital C G Carus, Dresden, Germany
Ann Oncol 20:175-81. 2009..We aimed to confirm first that temozolomide is a target for the multidrug resistance transporter MDR1/ABCB1 and second to investigate whether genetic variants of the MDR1 gene are associated with the survival of ..
- A common P-glycoprotein polymorphism is associated with nortriptyline-induced postural hypotension in patients treated for major depressionR L Roberts
Department of Pathology, Christchurch School of Medicine, Christchurch, New Zealand
Pharmacogenomics J 2:191-6. 2002The multi-drug resistance gene ABCB1 (or MDR1) encodes a P-glycoprotein (P-gp) that regulates passage of many substances across the blood-brain barrier...
- Identification of functionally variant MDR1 alleles among European Americans and African AmericansR B Kim
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 70:189-99. 2001b>MDR1 (P-glycoprotein) is an important factor in the disposition of many drugs, and the involved processes often exhibit considerable interindividual variability that may be genetically determined...
- Imatinib disposition and ABCB1 (MDR1, P-glycoprotein) genotypeH Gurney
Department of Medical Oncology, Westmead Hospital Sydney West Area Health Service, Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Pharmacol Ther 82:33-40. 2007..1 and at steady-state were compared with elimination phenotype and single-nucleotide polymorphisms of CYP3A5 and ABCB1. A fivefold variation in estimated imatinib clearance (CL/F) was present on day 1 and mean CL/F had fallen by 26% ..
- ABCB1 (MDR1) genetic variants are associated with methadone doses required for effective treatment of heroin dependenceOrna Levran
Laboratory of the Biology of Addictive Diseases, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:2219-27. 2008..Methadone is a substrate of the transporter P-glycoprotein (P-gp) 170 that is encoded by the ABCB1 (MDR1) gene. Thus, P-gp variants may play a role in methadone absorption and distribution...
- ABCB1 and cytochrome P450 genotypes and phenotypes: influence on methadone plasma levels and response to treatmentSeverine Crettol
Unite de Biochimie et Psychopharmacologie Clinique, Centre de Neurosciences Psychiatriques, Département de Psychiatrie Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Hôpital de Cery, Prilly Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Pharmacol Ther 80:668-81. 2006..The in vivo implication of various cytochrome P450 (CYP) isoforms and of P-glycoprotein on methadone kinetics is unclear. We aimed to thoroughly examine the genetic factors influencing methadone kinetics and response to treatment...
- P-glycoprotein models of the apo and ATP-bound states based on homology with Sav1866 and MalKMegan L O'Mara
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
FEBS Lett 581:4217-22. 2007..These conformations (see supplementary material) may characterize some of the major steps in the nucleotide catalytic cycle...
- Processing mutations disrupt interactions between the nucleotide binding and transmembrane domains of P-glycoprotein and the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR)Tip W Loo
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 283:28190-7. 2008P-glycoprotein (P-gp, ABCB1) is an ATP-dependent drug pump. Each of its two homologous halves contains a transmembrane domain (TMD) that has six transmembrane (TM) segments and a nucleotide-binding domain (NBD)...
- Multidrug resistance gene (MDR1) polymorphisms are associated with major molecular responses to standard-dose imatinib in chronic myeloid leukemiaStéphanie Dulucq
Laboratoire Hématopoïèse Leucémique et Cible Thérapeutique, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Inserm U876, Bordeaux, France
Blood 112:2024-7. 2008..Imatinib has been reported to be a substrate of the P-glycoprotein pump. In the current study, we focused on the ABCB1 (MDR1) genotype...
- Environmental and genetic factors associated with morphine response in the postoperative periodLaurent Coulbault
Pharmacology Department, Saint Antoine University of Medicine, University Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Clin Pharmacol Ther 79:316-24. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the respective influence of genetic and nongenetic factors on morphine dose requirements and adverse effects after colorectal surgery...
- Multidrug resistance gene (MDR1) polymorphisms correlate with imatinib response in chronic myeloid leukemiaLing Na Ni
Department of Hematology, Jiangsu Province Hospital, The First Affiliated Nanjing Medical University Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, 300 Guangzhou Rd, 210029 Nanjing, China
Med Oncol 28:265-9. 2011The human multidrug resistance gene (MDR1, ABCB1) codes for P-glycoprotein (P-gp) that affects the pharmacokinetics of many drugs. MDR1 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) are associated with drug clearance...
- Possible role of MDR1 two-locus genotypes for young-age onset ulcerative colitis but not Crohn's diseaseT Fiedler
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, CCM, Chariteplatz 1, Berlin, 10117, Germany
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 63:917-25. 2007The role of the single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) on positions 2677G>T/A and 3435C>T of the multi-drug-resistance gene 1 (MDR1) in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) remains unclear.
- Non-response to antiepileptic pharmacotherapy is associated with the ABCC2 -24C>T polymorphism in young and adult patients with epilepsyMike Ufer
University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Germany
Pharmacogenet Genomics 19:353-62. 2009..non-response to antiepileptic pharmacotherapy with the frequency of variant alleles in the drug transporter genes ABCB1 and ABCC2 or in the CYP2C locus in young patients with epilepsy and an independent cohort of adults with drug-..
- Modulation of human placental P-glycoprotein expression and activity by MDR1 gene polymorphismsSarah J Hemauer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX, 77555 0587, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 79:921-5. 2010The ABC transporter P-glycoprotein is a product of the MDR1 gene and its function in human placenta is to extrude xenobiotics from the tissue thus decreasing fetal exposure...
- ATP-binding cassette transporter ABCG2 (BCRP) and ABCB1 (MDR1) variants are not associated with disease susceptibility, disease phenotype response to medical therapy or need for surgeryin Hungarian patients with inflammatory bowel diseasesSimon Fischer
1st Department of Medicine, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Scand J Gastroenterol 42:726-33. 2007MDR1 (ABCB1), a member of the ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters, is an attractive candidate gene for the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) and perhaps for response to therapy...
- Associations of allelic variants of the multidrug resistance gene (ABCB1 or MDR1) and inflammatory bowel disease and their effects on disease behavior: a case-control and meta-analysis studyClive M Onnie
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, King s College London School of Medicine, Guy s Hospital, UK
Inflamm Bowel Dis 12:263-71. 2006Allelic variants of the ATP-binding cassette, subfamily B member 1 (ABCB1), also known as the multidrug resistance gene (MDR1) that encodes the membrane-bound efflux transporter P-glycoprotein 170 (PGP-170), have been associated with ..
- MDR1 gene: susceptibility in Spanish Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis patientsElena Urcelay
Department of Clinical Immunology, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Inflamm Bowel Dis 12:33-7. 2006The multidrug resistance MDR1 gene codes for a membrane transporter associated with inflammatory bowel disease...
- Genetic factors associated with drug-resistance of epilepsy: relevance of stratification by patient age and aetiology of epilepsyM Blanca Sánchez
Clinical Pharmacology Service, Marques de Valdecilla University Hospital, University of Cantabria School of Medicine, Avenida de Valdecilla S N, 39008 Santander, Spain
Seizure 19:93-101. 2010..association between polymorphisms related to antiepileptic drug metabolism (CYP2C9, CYP2C19, and UGT), transport (ABCB1), and targets (SCN1A) both in a crude analysis and after adjusting by clinical factors associated with drug-..
- Pharmacogenomics of MDR1/ABCB1 gene: the influence on risk and clinical outcome of haematological malignanciesKrzysztof Jamroziak
Department of Haematology, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Hematology 9:91-105. 2004..The multi-drug resistance-1, MDR1 (ABCB1) gene belongs to ATP-binding cassette (ABC) family and encodes for membrane transporter P-glycoprotein (P-gp)...
- Variable expression of P-glycoprotein in the human placenta and its association with mutations of the multidrug resistance 1 gene (MDR1, ABCB1)Monika Hitzl
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Stuttgart, Germany
Pharmacogenetics 14:309-18. 2004The MDR1 gene product P-glycoprotein in the human placenta is important for protecting the fetus from unintended, harmful drug exposure, but also for limiting the access of therapeutic drugs to the fetus after maternal drug intake...
- P-glycoprotein: from genomics to mechanismSuresh V Ambudkar
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute NIH, 37 Convent Drive, Building 37, Room 1A 09, Bethesda, MD 20892 4254, USA
Oncogene 22:7468-85. 2003..The first of these to be identified was P-glycoprotein (P-gp), the product of the human MDR1 gene, localized to chromosome 7q21. P-gp is a member of the large ATP-binding cassette (ABC) family of proteins...
- Digoxin pharmacokinetics and MDR1 genetic polymorphismsCeline Verstuyft
Department of Pharmacology, Saint Antoine Hospital, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 58:809-12. 2003The effect of MDR1 C3435T single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in exon 26 on digoxin pharmacokinetics has recently been challenged. OBJECTIVE...
- Consequences of genetic polymorphisms for sirolimus requirements after renal transplant in patients on primary sirolimus therapyDany Anglicheau
Unité INSERM UMR S490, Molecular Toxicology, Centre Universitaire des Saints Peres, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Am J Transplant 5:595-603. 2005Sirolimus (SRL) is a substrate for cytochromes P-450 3A and P-glycoprotein, the product of the MDR1 gene...
- Genetic polymorphisms in the ABCB1 gene and the effects of fentanyl in KoreansH J Park
Department of Anesthesiology, Inha University Hospital, Inha University, Incheon, South Korea
Clin Pharmacol Ther 81:539-46. 2007P-glycoprotein (PGP) is a polymorphic transporter encoded by the ABCB1 gene that contributes to the access of xenobiotics into the brain...
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) gene polymorphism and risk of Alzheimer's disease in ItaliansRoberto Pola
Laboratory of Vascular Biology and Genetics, Department of Medicine, A Gemelli University Hospital, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
Exp Gerontol 39:1249-52. 2004....
- Regulatory role of human AP-endonuclease (APE1/Ref-1) in YB-1-mediated activation of the multidrug resistance gene MDR1Ranajoy Chattopadhyay
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 1079, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:7066-80. 2008..1 (YB-1) and enhances its binding to the Y-box element, leading to the activation of the multidrug resistance gene MDR1. The enhanced MDR1 level due to the ectopic expression of wild-type APE1 but not of its nonacetylable mutant ..
- Regulatory polymorphisms of multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1) gene are associated with the development of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaHiroyoshi Hattori
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Leuk Res 31:1633-40. 2007The aim of this study is to determine whether the polymorphisms of the MDR1 gene are associated with the development of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)...
- No association between MDR1 (ABCB1) 2677G>T and 3435C>T polymorphism and sporadic colorectal cancer among Bulgarian patientsDarinka Todorova Petrova
Department of Medical Genetics, Medical University Sofia, 2, Zdrave Str, 1431 Sofia, Bulgaria
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 134:317-22. 2008..Thus, polymorphisms that reduce the activity of the MDR1 (ABCB1) efflux pump are potential risk factors for colorectal carcinogenesis...
- Promoter polymorphisms and allelic imbalance in ABCB1 expressionCorinne Loeuillet
Institute of Microbiology, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Pharmacogenet Genomics 17:951-9. 2007The ABCB1 (MDR1) gene, encoding the transporter P-glycoprotein, is known to act on a broad range of prescription medicines. For this reason a large number of studies have assessed the functional consequences of variation in this gene...
- The association of common SNPs and haplotypes in the CETP and MDR1 genes with lipids response to fluvastatin in familial hypercholesterolemiaDani Bercovich
The Laboratory for Molecular Genetics and Pharmacogenetics, Migal Galilee Technology Center, Kiryat Shmona, Israel
Atherosclerosis 185:97-107. 2006To examine whether genetic polymorphisms in the cholesteryl-ester transfer protein (CETP) and the P-glycoprotein drug transporter (MDR1), are associated with variable lipid response to fluvastatin.
- ABCB1 modulation does not circumvent drug extrusion from primitive leukemic progenitor cells and may preferentially target residual normal cells in acute myelogenous leukemiaMarc H G P Raaijmakers
Department of Hematology and Central Hematology Laboratory, University Medical Center Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 12:3452-8. 2006..Modulation of the multidrug ATP-binding cassette transporter ABCB1 has not resulted in improved outcome in AML, raising the question whether leukemic CD34+ CD38- cells are targeted ..
- Multi-drug resistance gene-1 (MDR-1) haplotypes and the CYP3A5*1 genotype have no influence on ciclosporin dose requirements as assessed by C0 or C2 measurementsSalim Fredericks
Analytical Unit, Cardiac and Vascular Science, St George s University of London, London, UK
Clin Transplant 21:252-7. 2007..MDR-1 SNPs and haplotypes and also CYP3A5*1 genotype, do not appear to have a major influence on ciclosporin pharmacokinetics...
- Correlation between genetic polymorphisms of the hOCT1 and MDR1 genes and the response to imatinib in patients newly diagnosed with chronic-phase chronic myeloid leukemiaMargherita Maffioli
Hematology Department, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Leuk Res 35:1014-9. 2011The association between seven polymorphisms in the genes hOCT1 and MDR1, encoding for imatinib transporter proteins, and the response to imatinib 400mg/daily was investigated in 65 patients newly diagnosed with chronic-phase chronic ..
- Variation of MDR proteins expression and activity levels according to clinical status and evolution of CML patientsFlavia C Vasconcelos
Laboratório de Hemato Oncologia Celular e Molecular, Programa de Pesquisa em Hemato Oncologia Molecular, Instituto Nacional de Cancer INCA, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 80:158-66. 2011..expression at protein and mRNA levels, whereas in the Pgp negative cell line, this drug was capable of decreasing MDR1/Pgp mRNA levels...
- Association of MDR1 and ERCC1 polymorphisms with response and toxicity to cisplatin-based chemotherapy in non-small-cell lung cancer patientsSongjian Chen
Analytical Cytology Laboratory, Shantou University Medical College, Shantou, Guangdong, PR China
Int J Hyg Environ Health 213:140-5. 2010..In this study, we have investigated whether polymorphisms in genes that control import/export of drugs (MDR1) and that repair DNA adducts (ERCC1) are involved with drug resistance in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) ..
- Impact of genetic variants on post-clopidogrel platelet reactivity in patients after elective percutaneous coronary interventionOrsolya Rideg
Institute of Laboratory Medicine, University of Pecs, 13 Ifjúság Street, H 7624 Pecs, Hungary
Pharmacogenomics 12:1269-80. 2011..To determine the effect of various SNPs on post-clopidogrel platelet reactivity and clinical outcome...
- ABCB1 gene polymorphisms are associated with the severity of major depressive disorder and its response to escitalopram treatmentKeh Ming Lin
Division of Mental Health and Addiction Medicine, Institute of Population Health Sciences, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan, Miaoli County, Taiwan
Pharmacogenet Genomics 21:163-70. 2011ATP-binding cassette, sub-family B (MDR/TAP), member 1 (ABCB1) is a drug transporter protein expressed on the epithelial cells of the intestine and the endothelial cells of the blood-brain barrier...
- Association of the colorectal cancer and MDR1 gene polymorphism in an Iranian populationAzam Khedri
Islamic Azad University Branch Masjedsoleiman, Masjedsoleiman, Iran
Mol Biol Rep 38:2939-43. 2011The human multidrug resistance (MDR1) gene product P-glycoprotein is highly expressed in intestinal epithelial cells, where it constitutes a barrier against xenobiotics, bacterial toxins, drugs and other biologically active compounds, ..
- CYP3A5 and ABCB1 polymorphisms influence tacrolimus concentrations in peripheral blood mononuclear cells after renal transplantationArnaud Capron
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Pharmacogenomics 11:703-14. 2010..investigated the effect of genetic polymorphisms in a biotransformation enzyme (CYP3A5) and a transporter protein (ABCB1) on tacrolimus (Tac) whole blood concentrations in renal transplantation, and more specifically on peripheral ..
- Protective effect of the CYP2C19 *17 polymorphism with increased activation of clopidogrel on cardiovascular eventsKlaus A Tiroch
Deutsches Herzzentrum Munchen, Rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat, Germany
Am Heart J 160:506-12. 2010..Reduced-function alleles have been associated with an increase in cardiovascular events...
- Pim-1 kinase protects P-glycoprotein from degradation and enables its glycosylation and cell surface expressionYingqiu Xie
University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Mol Pharmacol 78:310-8. 2010..The ABC transporter P-glycoprotein (Pgp; ABCB1) also contains a Pim-1 phosphorylation consensus sequence, and we hypothesized that Pim-1 also regulates Pgp...
- Human P-glycoprotein is active when the two halves are clamped together in the closed conformationTip W Loo
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 395:436-40. 2010The P-glycoprotein (P-gp, ABCB1) drug pump protects us from toxic compounds and confers multidrug resistance...
- MDR1 haplotypes conferring an increased expression of intestinal CYP3A4 rather than MDR1 in female living-donor liver transplant patientsKeiko Hosohata
Department of Pharmacy, Kyoto University Hospital, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Pharm Res 26:1590-5. 2009This study investigated whether haplotypes in the multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1) gene had effects on mRNA expression levels of MDR1 and cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A4, and on the pharmacokinetics of tacrolimus in living-donor liver transplant (..
- Location of the rhodamine-binding site in the human multidrug resistance P-glycoproteinTip W Loo
Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group in Membrane Biology, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:44332-8. 2002..The results support the "substrate-induced fit" hypothesis for drug binding...
- Tight junction regulation by morphine and HIV-1 tat modulates blood-brain barrier permeabilitySupriya D Mahajan
Division of Allergy, Immunology, and Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Buffalo General Hospital, 301 Multi Research Bldg, 100 High Street, Buffalo, NY 14203, USA
J Clin Immunol 28:528-41. 2008..These studies may lead to the development of novel anti-HIV-1 therapeutics that target specific TJ proteins, thus preventing TJ disruption in opiate using HIV-1 patients...
- Polymorphisms of the MDR1 gene in the Czech populationK Pechandová
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Department of Pharmacology, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Folia Biol (Praha) 52:184-9. 2006..Previously identified polymorphisms in the MDR1 gene belong to important factors causing this phenomenon...
- Influence of CYP3A5 genetic polymorphism on tacrolimus daily dose requirements and acute rejection in renal graft recipientsLina Quteineh
Pharmacology Department, Pierre et Marie Curie University, Saint Antoine University Hospital, Paris, France
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 103:546-52. 2008..Our objective was to determine the influence of CYP3A5 and ABCB1 genetic polymorphisms on tacrolimus daily requirements and on transplantation outcome...
- Association of genetic polymorphisms in ESR2, HSD17B1, ABCB1, and SHBG genes with colorectal cancer riskJ Sainz
Division of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:265-76. 2011..COMT, HSD17B1, CYP1A1, CYP17A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, CYP2C9, CYP3A4, CYP2C19, and GSTP1), and hormone transporter (ABCB1) genes with the risk of CRC in German women and men, separately...
- Tacrolimus dosing in Chinese renal transplant patients is related to MDR1 gene C3435T polymorphismsD Li
Organ Transplantation, The Third Xiangya Hospital, Changsha, Hunan, China
Transplant Proc 38:2850-2. 2006..The polymorphism C3435T of MDR1, the gene coding P-gp, may influence the expression and activity of P-gp...
- CYP3A4 and MDR1 alleles in a Portuguese populationIsa Cavaco
Laboratory of Molecular Toxicology, CMQA, Faculty of Sciences and Technology, University of Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Clin Chem Lab Med 41:1345-50. 2003..In this study we have determined the frequencies of CYP3A4 and MDR1 alleles in Portuguese Caucasians...
- Caveolin-1 gene is coordinately regulated with the multidrug resistance 1 gene in normal and leukemic bone marrowAnnie Pang
University Department of Medicine, Professorial Block, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, PR China
Leuk Res 28:973-7. 2004..The coordinate expression of caveolin-1 and MDR-1 suggests that they may either interact physically, or are involved in the same aberrant pathway(s) activated during MDR-1 up-regulation...
- Structural insights into P-glycoprotein (ABCB1) by small angle X-ray scattering and electron crystallographyChristopher A McDevitt
Nuffield Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
FEBS Lett 582:2950-6. 2008P-glycoprotein (ABCB1) is an ATP-binding cassette protein that is associated with the acquisition of multi-drug resistance in cancer and the failure of chemotherapy in humans...
- MDR1 single nucleotide polymorphism G2677T/A and haplotype are correlated with response to docetaxel-cisplatin chemotherapy in patients with non-small-cell lung cancerJi Hong Pan
Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Public Health for Biotech Drug, Key Laboratory for Modern Medicine and Technology of Shandong Province, Shandong Medicinal and Biotechnology Center, Shandong Academy of Medical Sciences, Jinan, China
Respiration 78:49-55. 2009The multidrug resistance gene 1 (MDR1) encodes P-glycoprotein (P-gp), which plays an important role in mediating multidrug resistance to chemotherapeutic agents...
- Haplotypic structure of ABCB1/MDR1 gene modifies the risk of the acute allograft rejection in renal transplant recipientsStepan Bandur
Transplant Laboratory, Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
Transplantation 86:1206-13. 2008..Tac) and cyclosporine is determined by cytochrome P450IIIA and by P-glycoprotein encoded by the CYP3A4/CYP3A5 and ABCB1 genes...
- Identification of polymorphisms on the MDR1 gene among Turkish population and their effects on multidrug resistance in acute leukemia patientsPelin Kaya
Department of Biology, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Hematol 80:26-34. 2005..This protein is the product of the MDR1 gene...
- Errors and reproducibility of DNA array-based detection of allelic variants in ADME genes: PHARMAchipElisabet Cuyàs
Human Pharmacology and Clinical Neurosciences Research Group of the Neuropsychopharmacology Program, Institut Municipal d Investigació Mèdica IMIM Hospital del Mar, Parc de Recerca Biomedica de Barcelona, c Dr Aiguader 88 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacogenomics 11:257-66. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess the suitability of PHARMAchip for the genotyping of polymorphisms of genes associated with drug metabolism and response as an alternative to Jurilab Ltd's DrugMEt Test...
- P-glycoprotein deficiency at the blood-brain barrier increases amyloid-beta deposition in an Alzheimer disease mouse modelJohn R Cirrito
Department of Neurology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Clin Invest 115:3285-90. 2005..These data establish a direct link between Pgp and Abeta metabolism in vivo and suggest that Pgp activity at the BBB could affect risk for developing AD as well as provide a novel diagnostic and therapeutic target...
- UGT1A1 polymorphism can predict hematologic toxicity in patients treated with irinotecanJean Francois Cote
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale UMR S775, Bases Moléculaires de la Réponse aux Xénobiotiques, Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 13:3269-75. 2007....
- Influence of host genetic factors on efavirenz plasma and intracellular pharmacokinetics in HIV-1-infected patientsLaure Elens
Louvain Centre for Toxicology and applied Pharmacology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 53 02, avenue E Mounier, 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
Pharmacogenomics 11:1223-34. 2010..Previous studies have identified some possible genetic determinants of the variability in plasma concentrations. However, their impact on EFV intracellular pharmacokinetics remains mostly unexplored...
- Deposition of Alzheimer's beta-amyloid is inversely correlated with P-glycoprotein expression in the brains of elderly non-demented humansSilke Vogelgesang
Departments of Neuropathology and Pharmacology, Peter Holtz Research Center of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Pharmacogenetics 12:535-41. 2002..Our results provide the first evidence in human brain tissue that the accumulation of Abeta may be influenced by the expression of P-gp in blood vessels, and suggest that P-gp may influence the elimination of Abeta from brain...
- ABCB1 (MDR 1) polymorphisms and progression-free survival among women with ovarian cancer following paclitaxel/carboplatin chemotherapySharon E Johnatty
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Clin Cancer Res 14:5594-601. 2008The human ABCB1 gene encodes P-glycoprotein, which transports a broad range of anticancer drugs, including paclitaxel...
- Multidrug resistance: molecular mechanisms and clinical relevanceV Ling
BC Cancer Research Centre, Vancouver, Canada
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 40:S3-8. 1997..Although the physiological role of MRP is not yet understood, one Pgp gene (mdr1) plays an important role in the blood-tissue barrier and the other (mdr2/3) is involved in phospholipid transport ..
- Clinical relevance of a pharmacogenetic approach using multiple candidate genes to predict response and resistance to imatinib therapy in chronic myeloid leukemiaDong Hwan Dennis Kim
Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Group, Department of Hematology Oncology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul 135 710, Korea
Clin Cancer Res 15:4750-8. 2009..Several cellular and genetic mechanisms of imatinib resistance have been proposed, including amplification and overexpression of the BCR/ABL gene, the tyrosine kinase domain point mutations, and MDR1 gene overexpression.
- Modulation of function of three ABC drug transporters, P-glycoprotein (ABCB1), mitoxantrone resistance protein (ABCG2) and multidrug resistance protein 1 (ABCC1) by tetrahydrocurcumin, a major metabolite of curcuminPornngarm Limtrakul
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Mol Cell Biochem 296:85-95. 2007..proteins, P-glycoprotein (P-gp or ABCB1), mitoxantrone resistance protein (MXR or ABCG2) and multidrug resistance protein 1 (MRP1 or ABCC1) was investigated, to assess whether an ultimate metabolite form of curcuminoids (THC) ..
- Pharmacogenetics of efavirenz and central nervous system side effects: an Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group studyDavid W Haas
Program for Human Genetics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 345 24th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
AIDS 18:2391-400. 2004..Efavirenz is metabolized by cytochrome P4502B6 (CYP2B6). We investigated whether polymorphisms in CYP2B6, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, and MDR1 were associated with efavirenz central nervous system side effects and pharmacokinetics.
- MDR1 genotype-related pharmacokinetics of digoxin after single oral administration in healthy Japanese subjectsT Sakaeda
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, School of Medicine, Kobe University, Japan
Pharm Res 18:1400-4. 2001To evaluate the MDR1 genotype frequency in the Japanese population and to study the relationship between the MDR1 genotype and the pharmacokinetics of digoxin after single oral administration in healthy subjects.
- Influence of ABCB1 and ABCG2 polymorphisms on doxorubicin disposition in Asian breast cancer patientsSuman Lal
Laboratory of Clinical Pharmacology, Division of Medical Sciences, Humphrey Oei Institute of Cancer Research, National Cancer Center, 11 Hospital Drive, 169610 Singapore
Cancer Sci 99:816-23. 2008The influence of three high frequency ABCB1 polymorphisms (c.1236C>T, c.2677G>A/T, and c.3435C>T) and the ABCG2 c...
- Glucosylceramide synthase upregulates MDR1 expression in the regulation of cancer drug resistance through cSrc and beta-catenin signalingYong Yu Liu
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Louisiana at Monroe, Monroe, Louisiana 71209, USA
Mol Cancer 9:145. 2010Drug resistance is the outcome of multiple-gene interactions in cancer cells under stress of anticancer agents. MDR1 overexpression is most commonly detected in drug-resistant cancers and accompanied with other gene alterations including ..
- Polymorphisms in multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1) gene are associated with refractory Crohn disease and ulcerative colitisU Potocnik
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Pathology, Medical Faculty, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Genes Immun 5:530-9. 2004We used coding and noncoding polymorphisms evenly spaced across the ABCB1/MDR1 gene to perform association analysis in Slovenian patients with inflammatory bowel diseases and to obtain haplotype structure and patterns of linkage ..
- Simultaneous binding of two different drugs in the binding pocket of the human multidrug resistance P-glycoproteinTip W Loo
Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group in Membrane Biology, and Department of Medicine and, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:39706-10. 2003The human multidrug resistance P-glycoprotein (P-gp, ABCB1) transports a wide variety of structurally diverse compounds out of the cell. The drug-binding pocket of P-gp is located in the transmembrane domains...
- Association of an ABCB1 gene haplotype with pharmacoresistance in temporal lobe epilepsyF Zimprich
Department of Clinical Neurology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Neurology 63:1087-9. 2004..To assess the role of functional variations in its coding gene (ABCB1) the authors genotyped 210 patients with TLE who were stratified according to their degree of drug resistance...
- Irinotecan pathway genotype analysis to predict pharmacokineticsRon H J Mathijssen
Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus MC Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, 3075 EA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 9:3246-53. 2003..The purpose was to explore the relationships between irinotecan disposition and allelic variants of genes coding for adenosine triphosphate binding cassette transporters and enzymes of putative relevance for irinotecan...
- Association of a polymorphism of ABCB1 with obesity in Japanese individualsSahoko Ichihara
Department of Human Functional Genomics, Life Science Research Center, Mie University, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Genomics 91:512-6. 2008..only the 2677G --> A/T polymorphism (rs2032582) of the ATP-binding cassette, subfamily B, member 1 gene (ABCB1) was significantly associated (p=0.0003) with obesity...
- ABCB1 gene polymorphisms and expression of P-glycoprotein and long-term prognosis in colorectal cancerSara De Iudicibus
Department of Life Sciences, University of Trieste, Italy
Anticancer Res 28:3921-8. 2008P-glycoprotein (Pgp), encoded by the ATP-binding cassette B1 (ABCB1) gene, is an efflux transporter located on the luminal side of intestinal epithelial cells, which protects the gut from endogenous and exogenous toxins...
- CDX2 regulates multidrug resistance 1 gene expression in malignant intestinal epitheliumYuji Takakura
Department of Surgery, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Cancer Res 70:6767-78. 2010..Microarray-based gene expression studies revealed that the Multidrug Resistance 1 (MDR1/P-glycoprotein/ABCB1) gene was activated by CDX2...
- PXR pharmacogenetics: association of haplotypes with hepatic CYP3A4 and ABCB1 messenger RNA expression and doxorubicin clearance in Asian breast cancer patientsEdwin Sandanaraj
Laboratory of Clinical Pharmacology, Division of Medical Sciences, Humphrey Oei Institute of Cancer Research, Singapore, Singapore
Clin Cancer Res 14:7116-26. 2008..and to investigate the association between PXR haplotypes and hepatic mRNA expression of PXR and its downstream target genes, CYP3A4 and ABCB1, as well as their influence on the clearance of doxorubicin in Asian breast cancer patients.
- ABCB1/MDR1 gene polymorphisms as a prognostic factor in colorectal cancerEwa Balcerczak
Department of Pharmaceutical Biochemistry, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Int J Colorectal Dis 25:1167-76. 2010To analyse the single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs): ABCB1(1236C>T), ABCB1(2677G>T/A), ABCB1(3435C>T) and haplotypes in the ABCB1/MDR1 gene, which could contribute to genetic risk of colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- MDR1 (C3435T) polymorphism: relation to the risk of breast cancer and therapeutic outcomeM Cizmarikova
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, P J Safarik University, Kosice, Slovak Republic
Pharmacogenomics J 10:62-9. 2010P-glycoprotein (PGP), the product of the MDR1 gene, is a transmembrane active efflux pump for a variety of carcinogens and cytostatics...
- Genetic polymorphism in MDR-1: a tool for examining allelic expression in normal cells, unselected and drug-selected cell lines, and human tumorsL A Mickley
Medicine Branch, Division of Clinical Sciences DCS, National Cancer Institute NCI, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 91:1749-56. 1998..Acquired drug resistance in vitro and in patients is often associated with expression of a single MDR-1 allele, and this can be a marker of a hybrid MDR-1 gene...
- Functional C3435T polymorphism of MDR1 gene: an impact on genetic susceptibility and clinical outcome of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaKrzysztof Jamroziak
Department of Haematology, Medical University of Lodz, ul Pabianicka 62, 93 513 Lodz, Poland
Eur J Haematol 72:314-21. 2004..Recently, the single-nucleotide polymorphism C3435T of MDR1 gene has been found to be associated with altered tissue expression and function of P-gp...
- A synonymous polymorphism in a common MDR1 (ABCB1) haplotype shapes protein functionKing Leung Fung
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Center of Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 37 Convent Drive, Room 2108, Bethesda, MD 20892 4254, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1794:860-71. 2009The MDR1 (ABCB1) gene encodes a membrane-bound transporter that actively effluxes a wide range of compounds from cells. The overexpression of MDR1 by multidrug-resistant cancer cells is a serious impediment to chemotherapy...
- Association between Genetic Polymorphism of Multidrug Resistance 1 Gene and Sasang ConstitutionsHyun Ju Kim
Department of Oriental Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Wonkwang University, 344 2 Shinyong dong, Iksan, Jeonbuk, 570 749, Republic of Korea Tel
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 6:73-80. 2009Multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1) is a gene that expresses P-glycoprotein (P-gp), a drug transporter protein...
- Regulation of MDR1 expression and drug resistance by a positive feedback loop involving hyaluronan, phosphoinositide 3-kinase, and ErbB2Suniti Misra
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Biol Chem 280:20310-5. 2005..These Akt-independent effects are dominant over the effects of Akt on doxorubicin resistance in MCF-7/Adr cells...
- MDR1 single nucleotide polymorphisms predict response to vinorelbine-based chemotherapy in patients with non-small cell lung cancerJi Hong Pan
Key Laboratory, Ministry of Public Health, Biotech Drugs, Shandong Medicinal and Biotechnology Center, Shandong Academy of Medical Sciences, Jinan, China
Respiration 75:380-5. 2008..The polymorphisms of genes participate in metabolism and transport, and therefore may have an impact on the response to vinorelbine...
- Common ATP-binding cassette B1 variants are associated with increased digoxin serum concentrationAlbert Jan L H J Aarnoudse
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:299-305. 2008Digoxin is a known substrate of ATP-binding cassette B1 (ABCB1/MDR1). The results of studies on the association between ABCB1 polymorphisms and digoxin kinetics, however, remain contradictory...
- Associations of ABCB1, ABCC2, and ABCG2 polymorphisms with irinotecan-pharmacokinetics and clinical outcome in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancerJi Youn Han
Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Korea
Cancer 110:138-47. 2007The authors investigated whether ABCB1, ABCC2, and ABCG2 genetic polymorphisms affect pharmacokinetics (PK) of irinotecan and treatment outcome of patients with advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- The Role of P-glycoprotein in Sitagliptin Clinical PharmacologyChristina L Aquilante; Fiscal Year: 2010..Common functional polymorphisms exist in multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1), the gene that encodes P-glycoprotein, and these polymorphisms are often studied in haplotype form...
- Impact of genetic variation on response to GO therapy in COG-AML clinical trialsROLAND BRUNO WALTER; Fiscal Year: 2013..internalization/trafficking of the CD33/GO complex, and drug efflux mediated by P-glycoprotein (encoded by ABCB1) for GO efficacy...
- Drug Interactions at the Human Blood-Brain BarrierJashvant D Unadkat; Fiscal Year: 2010..Prominent amongst these is P-glycoprotein (P-gp), an ABC efflux transporter encoded by the multi-drug resistance 1 (MDR1) gene ...
- DEVELOPMENT OF NEW SEMISYNTHETIC TAXANESRalph Bernacki; Fiscal Year: 2001..Clearly, second generation taxanes that have improved therapeutic activity against multi-drug resistant (MDR1 gene mediated) tumors would be advantageous...
- Genetic Determinants of the Response to Thienopyridine TherapyJessica L Mega; Fiscal Year: 2013..in thienopyridine absorption and metabolism, including the intestinal efflux pump P-glycoprotein (encoded by MDR1) and carboxylesterases 1 and 2 (encoded by CES1 and CES2)...
- Identification of Lactobacillus Secreted Factors in Regulation of PgpSeema Saksena; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): P-glycoprotein (P-gp/MDR1), encoded by the ABCB1 gene is abundantly expressed on the apical surface of intestinal epithelial cells...
- St. John's wort for Drug Abuse Treatment During PregnancyC LINDSAY LINDSAY DEVANE; Fiscal Year: 2012..The research will use pregnant Sprague-Dawley rats as a model for pregnancy. Morphine is a substrate of the ABCB1 gene product, P-glycoprotein (P-gp), that we have shown in preliminary data can be induced by SJW...
- Genomic and Cellular Markers and Chronic Renal Allograft FunctionKathleen M Tornatore; Fiscal Year: 2010..These aims will extend our initial four-hour studies of time-dependent responses of MDR1 gene expression, intracellular cytokines (IL-2 and IL-4) and extracellular immunodynamic responses of CD4+ and CD8+ ..
- IMAGING FUNCTIONAL P-GLYCOPROTEIN TRANSPORT AT THE BBB IN ALZHEIMER'S DISEASEVijay Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2011..Recently, it has been shown that MDR1 P-glycoprotein (Pgp), located on the luminal surface of capillary endothelial cells, mediates the final step of AB ..
- Structural Biology and Inhibition of MDR ABC TransportersGeoffrey Chang; Fiscal Year: 2009..to these compounds should provide a great insight into the molecular structural basis of drug transport by human MDR1 (P-glycoprotein), which causes cancer drug resistance...
- BIOCHEMICAL CHARACTERIZATION OF P-GLYCOPROTEINAHMAD SAFA; Fiscal Year: 1999DESCRIPTION: (Applicant's Abstract) P-glycoprotein (P-gp) encoded by the MDR1 gene, causes multidrug resistance (MDR) to unrelated natural product drugs in human tumor cells, and functions as an ATP-dependent efflux pump...
- MODULATION OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE MECHANISMSBranimir Sikic; Fiscal Year: 2002..Studies of new modulators of MDR1/P-glycoprotein (P-gp) multidrug resistance (MDR) will continue...
- Vaginal Drug Delivery of P-glycoprotein SubstratesGiovanni Pauletti; Fiscal Year: 2003..The MDR1 gene product P-gp is a prototype of membrane efflux systems that limit transcellular transport of drug molecules ..
- ABCB5 P-Glycoprotein in Cancer Multidrug ResistanceMarkus H Frank; Fiscal Year: 2010Multidrug resistance (MDR) mediated by MDR1 (ABCB1) P-glycoprotein and related ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters is an impediment to successful cancer therapy...
- HUMAN MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE (P GLYCOPROTEIN) GENESIGOR RONINSON; Fiscal Year: 1999Expression of the human MDR1 (multidrug resistance) gene results in cross-resistance to a diverse group of lipophilic drugs that includes many commonly used anticancer agents...
- P-Glycoprotein and Disposition of PsychostimulantsJOHN MARKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..The most prominent gene of the ABC cassette family of transporters, ABCB1 (also known as MDR1), is highly polymorphic and encodes for P-glycoprotein (PGP)...
- Role of the ABC Transporter ABCB6 in CytotoxicityJohn Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our studies have sought to understand the function and regulation of ABC transporters with a focus on the MDR1 gene that encodes a protein conferring resistance to a large number of therapeutic drugs and cytotoxic compounds...
- IMAGING MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE AND MODULATION IN BREAST CADavid Piwnica Worms; Fiscal Year: 2002..Emergence of multidrug resistance (MDR) in breast cancer mediated by the MDR1 P-glycoprotein has been associated with poor response to chemotherapy and a shorter overall survival...
- INTERACTIONS OF P GLYCOPROTEIN WITH CYTOCHROME P4503AErin Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our recent studies have established that the product of the multidrug resistance gene (MDR1), the drug efflux transporter P-glycoprotein (Pgp), influences the pharmacological disposition of rifampicin and is ..
- MDR1 GENE THERAPY IN CD34+ CELLS AND SCID MICEJames Doroshow; Fiscal Year: 2002The human MDR1 gene encodes a multispecific drug transporter, P- glycoprotein (Pgp), that prevents drug accumulation in resistant cells. Overexpression of MDR1 is sufficient for conferring multidrug resistance on otherwise normal cells...
- FUNCTION OF P-GLYCOPROTEIN IN KIDNEY CELLSELSA BELLO REUSS; Fiscal Year: 1999..Adapted from Investigator's Abstract): The multidrug resistance P-Glycoprotein (PGP), the product of the human MDR1 and the murine mdr1 or the mdr3 genes is a membrane protein that extrudes chemotherapeutic drugs...
- A New High Throughput Assay for Human MDR1 SubstratesEugene Mechetner; Fiscal Year: 2001..a high throughput assay for cost/time-efficient screening and characterizing of compounds transported by human MDR1 P-glycoprotein (Pgp)...
- Canine model for assessing CNS access P-gp substratesKATRINA MEALEY; Fiscal Year: 2005The overall goal of the proposed research is to validate a P-glycoprotein (P-gp) deficient canine model [MDR1(mut/mut)] for delineating the role of P-gp in restricting access of therapeutic agents to the central nervous system (CNS)...