Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ABCB1
Description: ATP-binding cassette, sub-family B (MDR/TAP), member 1
Alias: ABC20, CD243, CLCS, GP170, MDR1, P-GP, PGY1, P-glycoprotein 1, colchicin sensitivity, doxorubicin resistance, multidrug resistance protein 1
Publications196 found, 100 shown here
- P-glycoprotein but not topoisomerase II and glutathione-S-transferase-pi accounts for enhanced intracellular drug-resistance in LoVo MDR human cell linesM Boiocchi
Division of Experimental Oncology 1, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Aviano, Italy
Tumori 78:159-66. 1992..Involvement of mdr1, topoisomerase II and glutathione-S-transferase-pi (GST-pi) drug-resistance systems in intracellular drug ..
- Construction of a model cell line for the assay of MDR1 (multi drug resistance gene-1) substrates/inhibitors using HeLa cellsF Kugawa
Department of Biopharmaceutics1, School of Pharmacy, Hyogo University of Health Sciences, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
Pharmazie 64:296-300. 2009..cells often become resistant to chemotherapy, and induction of the ABC transporter Multi-drug Resistance gene-1 (MDR1) is a major cause...
- A "silent" polymorphism in the MDR1 gene changes substrate specificityChava Kimchi-Sarfaty
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Science 315:525-8. 2007..We report that a synonymous SNP in the Multidrug Resistance 1 (MDR1) gene, part of a haplotype previously linked to altered function of the MDR1 gene product P-glycoprotein (P-gp), ..
- A common P-glycoprotein polymorphism is associated with nortriptyline-induced postural hypotension in patients treated for major depressionR L Roberts
Department of Pathology, Christchurch School of Medicine, Christchurch, New Zealand
Pharmacogenomics J 2:191-6. 2002The multi-drug resistance gene ABCB1 (or MDR1) encodes a P-glycoprotein (P-gp) that regulates passage of many substances across the blood-brain barrier...
- Comprehensive pharmacogenetic analysis of irinotecan neutropenia and pharmacokineticsFederico Innocenti
The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:2604-14. 2009..We aim to identify genetic variation, in addition to the UGT1A1*28 polymorphism, that can explain the variability in irinotecan (CPT-11) pharmacokinetics and neutropenia in cancer patients...
- Influence of host genetic factors on efavirenz plasma and intracellular pharmacokinetics in HIV-1-infected patientsLaure Elens
Louvain Centre for Toxicology and applied Pharmacology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 53 02, avenue E Mounier, 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
Pharmacogenomics 11:1223-34. 2010..Previous studies have identified some possible genetic determinants of the variability in plasma concentrations. However, their impact on EFV intracellular pharmacokinetics remains mostly unexplored...
- Errors and reproducibility of DNA array-based detection of allelic variants in ADME genes: PHARMAchipElisabet Cuyàs
Human Pharmacology and Clinical Neurosciences Research Group of the Neuropsychopharmacology Program, Institut Municipal d Investigació Mèdica IMIM Hospital del Mar, Parc de Recerca Biomedica de Barcelona, c Dr Aiguader 88 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacogenomics 11:257-66. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess the suitability of PHARMAchip for the genotyping of polymorphisms of genes associated with drug metabolism and response as an alternative to Jurilab Ltd's DrugMEt Test...
- Deposition of Alzheimer's beta-amyloid is inversely correlated with P-glycoprotein expression in the brains of elderly non-demented humansSilke Vogelgesang
Departments of Neuropathology and Pharmacology, Peter Holtz Research Center of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Pharmacogenetics 12:535-41. 2002..Our results provide the first evidence in human brain tissue that the accumulation of Abeta may be influenced by the expression of P-gp in blood vessels, and suggest that P-gp may influence the elimination of Abeta from brain...
- P-glycoprotein deficiency at the blood-brain barrier increases amyloid-beta deposition in an Alzheimer disease mouse modelJohn R Cirrito
Department of Neurology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Clin Invest 115:3285-90. 2005..These data establish a direct link between Pgp and Abeta metabolism in vivo and suggest that Pgp activity at the BBB could affect risk for developing AD as well as provide a novel diagnostic and therapeutic target...
- UGT1A1 polymorphism can predict hematologic toxicity in patients treated with irinotecanJean Francois Cote
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale UMR S775, Bases Moléculaires de la Réponse aux Xénobiotiques, Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 13:3269-75. 2007....
- Irinotecan pathway genotype analysis to predict pharmacokineticsRon H J Mathijssen
Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus MC Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, 3075 EA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 9:3246-53. 2003..The purpose was to explore the relationships between irinotecan disposition and allelic variants of genes coding for adenosine triphosphate binding cassette transporters and enzymes of putative relevance for irinotecan...
- RNA expression of breast cancer resistance protein, lung resistance-related protein, multidrug resistance-associated proteins 1 and 2, and multidrug resistance gene 1 in breast cancer: correlation with chemotherapeutic responseHerman Burger
Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam Daniel den Hoed Kliniek Josephine Nefkens Institute, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 9:827-36. 2003..The aim of this study was to investigate whether expression of particular drug resistance genes in primary operable breast cancer correlates with response to first-line chemotherapy in advanced disease...
- Haplotype analysis of ABCB1/MDR1 blocks in a Japanese population reveals genotype-dependent renal clearance of irinotecanKimie Sai
Project Team for Pharmacogenetics, Division of Xenobiotic Metabolism and Disposition, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1, Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Pharmacogenetics 13:741-57. 2003We performed comprehensive haplotyping of ABCB1/MDR1 gene blocks using 49 genetic polymorphisms, including seven novel ones, obtained from 145 Japanese subjects...
- P-glycoprotein: from genomics to mechanismSuresh V Ambudkar
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute NIH, 37 Convent Drive, Building 37, Room 1A 09, Bethesda, MD 20892 4254, USA
Oncogene 22:7468-85. 2003..The first of these to be identified was P-glycoprotein (P-gp), the product of the human MDR1 gene, localized to chromosome 7q21. P-gp is a member of the large ATP-binding cassette (ABC) family of proteins...
- MDR1 polymorphism influences the outcome of multiple myeloma patientsGabriele Buda
Department of Oncology, Transplants and Advanced Technologies, Section of Hematology, Pisa University, Pisa, Italy
Br J Haematol 137:454-6. 2007The multidrug resistance gene (MDR1) has been reported to be an additional prognostic factor in acute myeloid leukaemia patients...
- The effect of MDR1 (ABCB1) polymorphism on the pharmacokinetic of tacrolimus in Turkish renal transplant recipientsS H Akbas
Central Laboratory, Akdeniz University, Faculty of Medicine, Antalya, Turkey
Transplant Proc 38:1290-2. 2006..TRL is a substrate for P-glycoprotein (P-gp), the product of the multidrug resistance-1 (MDR1)(ABCB1) gene. P-gp acts as a membrane efflux pump, which affects TRL absorption from the gut...
- MDR1 pharmacogenetics: frequency of the C3435T mutation in exon 26 is significantly influenced by ethnicityM M Ameyaw
University of Aberdeen, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Institute of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, UK
Pharmacogenetics 11:217-21. 2001P-glycoprotein (PGP), the product of the multidrug resistance gene (MDR1), acts as an energy-dependent efflux pump that exports its substrates out of the cell...
- Associations of ABCB1, ABCC2, and ABCG2 polymorphisms with irinotecan-pharmacokinetics and clinical outcome in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancerJi Youn Han
Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Korea
Cancer 110:138-47. 2007The authors investigated whether ABCB1, ABCC2, and ABCG2 genetic polymorphisms affect pharmacokinetics (PK) of irinotecan and treatment outcome of patients with advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Association of the multidrug resistance-1 gene single-nucleotide polymorphisms with the tacrolimus dose requirements in renal transplant recipientsDany Anglicheau
Unité INSERM UMR S490, Molecular Toxicology, Centre Universitaire des Saints Peres, Universite Rene Descartes, 45 Rue des Saints Peres, 75006 Paris, France univ paris5 fr
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:1889-96. 2003..interindividual variations, is a substrate for P-glycoprotein (P-gp), the product of the multidrug resistance-1 (MDR1) gene...
- Modulation of function of three ABC drug transporters, P-glycoprotein (ABCB1), mitoxantrone resistance protein (ABCG2) and multidrug resistance protein 1 (ABCC1) by tetrahydrocurcumin, a major metabolite of curcuminPornngarm Limtrakul
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Mol Cell Biochem 296:85-95. 2007..proteins, P-glycoprotein (P-gp or ABCB1), mitoxantrone resistance protein (MXR or ABCG2) and multidrug resistance protein 1 (MRP1 or ABCC1) was investigated, to assess whether an ultimate metabolite form of curcuminoids (THC) ..
- Expression and functional activity of the ABC-transporter proteins P-glycoprotein and multidrug-resistance protein 1 in human brain tumor cells and astrocytesSabine Spiegl-Kreinecker
Department of Neurosurgery, Landesnervenklinik Wagner Jauregg Hospital, Linz, Austria
J Neurooncol 57:27-36. 2002..In contrast, MRP1 is demonstrated to play a constitutive role in the intrinsic chemoresistance of gliomas and their normal cell counterpart...
- MDR-1 C3435T polymorphism influences cyclosporine a dose requirement in liver-transplant recipientsLaurence Bonhomme-Faivre
Service Pharmacie Pharmacologie, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France
Transplantation 78:21-5. 2004..CsA is a substrate for P-glycoprotein, a member of the ABC transporter family encoded by the multiple drug-resistant gene MDR1.
- Caveolin-1 gene is coordinately regulated with the multidrug resistance 1 gene in normal and leukemic bone marrowAnnie Pang
University Department of Medicine, Professorial Block, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, PR China
Leuk Res 28:973-7. 2004..The coordinate expression of caveolin-1 and MDR-1 suggests that they may either interact physically, or are involved in the same aberrant pathway(s) activated during MDR-1 up-regulation...
- Polymorphisms and haplotypes in the multidrug resistance 1 gene (MDR1/ABCB1) and risk of multiple myelomaKrzysztof Jamroziak
Department of Hematology, Medical University of Lodz, Ciolkowskiego 2, 93 513 Lodz, Poland
Leuk Res 33:332-5. 2009MDR1(ABCB1) gene encodes for P-glycoprotein (P-gp, MDR1, ABCB1), an ATP-binding cassette superfamily member involved in the transport of xenobiotics...
- Prognostic significance of the immunohistochemical expression of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase, P-glycoprotein, and multidrug resistance protein-1 in glioblastomasTakao Nakagawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, Yoshida gun, Fukui, Japan
Neuropathology 29:379-88. 2009....
- Detection of the four sequence variations of MDR1 gene using TaqMan MGB probe based real-time PCR and haplotype analysis in healthy Japanese subjectsKatsuhiko Saito
Division of Pharmaceutical Health Care and Sciences, Sapporo Medical University, South 1, West 16, Chuo Ku, Sapporo, 060 8543 Japan
Clin Biochem 36:511-8. 2003P-glycoprotein (P-gp) is significant from the viewpoint of pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD). MDR1 gene encodes P-gp and has a wide variety of SNPs...
- CYP3A5*1-carrying graft liver reduces the concentration/oral dose ratio of tacrolimus in recipients of living-donor liver transplantationMaki Goto
Department of Pharmacy, Kyoto University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University
Pharmacogenetics 14:471-8. 2004..We have previously reported that an intestinal P-glycoprotein (MDR1) contributes to this variation as an absorptive barrier, but the role of hepatic metabolism is not clear.
- ABCB1 (MDR1) genetic variants are associated with methadone doses required for effective treatment of heroin dependenceOrna Levran
Laboratory of the Biology of Addictive Diseases, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:2219-27. 2008..Methadone is a substrate of the transporter P-glycoprotein (P-gp) 170 that is encoded by the ABCB1 (MDR1) gene. Thus, P-gp variants may play a role in methadone absorption and distribution...
- Frequency distribution of C3435T mutation in exon 26 of the MDR1 gene in a Spanish populationMaria Luisa Bernal
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Zaragoza, Spain
Ther Drug Monit 25:107-11. 2003..05, respectively). The great differences found between their population and others, such as the African and southwest Asian populations, could have important therapeutic implications when drugs that are a substrate of PGP are used...
- Polymorphisms in the multidrug resistance-1 (MDR1) gene influence the response to atorvastatin treatment in a gender-specific mannerKouji Kajinami
Lipid Research Laboratory, Division of Endocrinology Metabolism and Molecular Biology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Cardiol 93:1046-50. 2004..Also, haplotype determination combined with these polymorphisms identified a subgroup that showed a striking response to treatment, which was not defined by a single polymorphism...
- Expression of functional multidrug-resistance protein 1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: effects of N- and C-terminal affinity tagsSung Haeng Lee
Membrane Protein Laboratory, Sealy Center for Structural Biology, and Department of Physiology and Biophysics, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0437, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 306:644-9. 2003..We conclude that because of its low cost and simplicity, the S. cerevisiae-based MRP1-expression system will be useful for studies where a large number of mutants or milligram amounts of purified MRP1 are needed...
- Genetic polymorphism in MDR-1: a tool for examining allelic expression in normal cells, unselected and drug-selected cell lines, and human tumorsL A Mickley
Medicine Branch, Division of Clinical Sciences DCS, National Cancer Institute NCI, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 91:1749-56. 1998..Acquired drug resistance in vitro and in patients is often associated with expression of a single MDR-1 allele, and this can be a marker of a hybrid MDR-1 gene...
- The significance of C3435T point mutation of the MDR1 gene in endometrial cancerP M Mrozikiewicz
Department of Pharmacology and Biotechnology, Research Institute of Medicinal Plants, Poznan, Poland
Int J Gynecol Cancer 17:728-31. 2007..Interindividual differences in P-gp activity could modulate susceptibility to cancer development. The MDR1 gene, coding for P-gp, is highly polymorphic and some mutations modulate P-gp activity...
- ABCB1 genetic variability and methadone dosage requirements in opioid-dependent individualsJanet K Coller
Discipline of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, The University of Adelaide, and Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, SA, Australia
Clin Pharmacol Ther 80:682-90. 2006..Methadone is a substrate for the P-glycoprotein transporter, encoded by the ABCB1 gene, which regulates central nervous system exposure...
- Molecular mechanism of chemoresistance by astrocyte elevated gene-1Byoung Kwon Yoo
Department of Human and Molecular Genetics, VCU Institute of Molecular Medicine, and VCU Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
Cancer Res 70:3249-58. 2010..gene 1 (MDR1) protein, resulting in increased efflux and decreased accumulation of doxorubicin, promoting doxorubicin resistance. Suppression of MDR1 by small interfering RNA or chemical reagents, or inhibition of AEG-1 or a ..
- Prognostic significance of multidrug resistance gene 1 (MDR1), multidrug resistance-related protein (MRP) and lung resistance protein (LRP) mRNA expression in acute leukemiaHee Jin Huh
Department of Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan and Asan Medical Center, Pungnap dong, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 21:253-8. 2006..We investigated whether multidrug resistance gene 1 (MDR1), multidrug resistance-related protein (MRP) and lung resistance protein (LRP) mRNA expression are associated with ..
- Expression of multidrug resistance 1 and glutathione-S-transferase-Pi protein in nasopharyngeal carcinomaC L Chen
Department of Pathology, China Medical College Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Hum Pathol 32:1240-4. 2001..5%) of 43 with recurrent NPC, and 9 (45%) of 20 with metastatic NPC. Simultaneous expression of MDR1 and GST-Pi was observed in 13 (72.2%) of 18 patients with primary NPC and 12 (85.7%) of 14 with recurrent NPC...
- Cyp3A4, Cyp3A5, and MDR-1 genetic influences on tacrolimus pharmacokinetics in renal transplant recipientsJean Nicholas Roy
Laboratoire d Immunogénétique, Centre hospitalier de l Université de Montréal CHUM Hôpital Notre Dame, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Pharmacogenet Genomics 16:659-65. 2006..The objective was to investigate the association between Cyp3A4, Cyp3A5, and MDR-1 polymorphisms and tacrolimus pharmacokinetics in the early period after renal transplantation...
- Frequency of single nucleotide polymorphisms in the P-glycoprotein drug transporter MDR1 gene in white subjectsI Cascorbi
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Center Charite, Humboldt University Berlin
Clin Pharmacol Ther 69:169-74. 2001P-glycoprotein, the gene product of MDR1, confers multidrug resistance against antineoplastic agents but also plays an important role in the bioavailability of common drugs in medical treatment...
- Functional polymorphisms of the human multidrug-resistance gene: multiple sequence variations and correlation of one allele with P-glycoprotein expression and activity in vivoS Hoffmeyer
Epidauros Biotechnology, Pharmacogenetics Laboratory, Am Neuland 1, D 82347 Bernried, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:3473-8. 2000..Homozygosity for this variant was observed in 24% of our sample population (n = 188). This polymorphism is expected to affect the absorption and tissue concentrations of numerous other substrates of MDR-1...
- MDR1 haplotype frequencies in Japanese and Caucasian, and in Japanese patients with colorectal cancer and esophageal cancerChiho Komoto
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, School of Medicine, Kobe University, Japan
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 21:126-32. 2006The genotype frequencies of MDR1 T-129C, C1236T, G2677A,T and C3435T SNPs were compared in 154 healthy Japanese and 100 healthy Caucasians to provide basic information on the inter-ethnic differences of pharmacotherapeutic outcome...
- MDR1 diplotypes as prognostic markers in multiple myelomaValentina Maggini
Department of Biology, Transplants and Advanced Technologies, Section of Hematology, Pisa University, Pisa, Italy
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:383-9. 2008The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of diplotypes of MDR1 polymorphisms at positions 2677 and 3435 on the clinical outcome of multiple myeloma, in terms of response to the therapy and overall survival (OS).
- Multidrug resistance 1 gene in inflammatory bowel disease: a meta-analysisV Annese
Unita di Gastroenterologia, Ospedale IRCCS Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza San Giovanni Rotondo Fg, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 12:3636-44. 2006The MDR1 gene is an attractive candidate gene for the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and perhaps response to therapy, with evidences at both functional and genetic levels...
- Prognostic significance of multidrug-resistance protein (MDR-1) in renal clear cell carcinomas: a five year follow-up analysisChiara Mignogna
Department of Biomorphological and Functional Sciences, Section of Pathology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
BMC Cancer 6:293. 2006..We studied MDR-1 expression in selected cases of renal cell carcinoma (RCC), clear cell type, with long-term follow-up, in order to establish its prognostic role and its possible contribution in the choice of post-surgical therapy...
- MDR1 (ABCB1) gene polymorphism C3435T is associated with P-glycoprotein activity in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemiaKrzysztof Jamroziak
Department of Hematology, Medical University of Łódź, Ciołkowskiego 2, PL 93 510 Łódź, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 58:720-8. 2006Functional single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) C3435T in exon 26 of the MDR1 ( ABCB1 ) gene encoding the xenobiotic transporter P-glycoprotein (P-gp, MDR1, ABCB1) may influence susceptibility to several diseases as well as clinical ..
- Genetic variation and response to morphine in cancer patients: catechol-O-methyltransferase and multidrug resistance-1 gene polymorphisms are associated with central side effectsJoy R Ross
St Joseph s Hospice, and Department of Clinical Genomics, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Cancer 112:1390-403. 2008..Central side effects, such as drowsiness, confusion, and hallucinations, can limit the use of opioids in clinical practice...
- ABCB1/MDR1 gene determines susceptibility and phenotype in ulcerative colitis: discrimination of critical variants using a gene-wide haplotype tagging approachG T Ho
Molecular Medicine Unit and Gastrointestinal Unit, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Hum Mol Genet 15:797-805. 2006Several lines of evidence suggest a role for the multidrug resistance gene (ABCB1/MDR1) and its product, P-glycoprotein 170, in the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)...
- The drug-binding pocket of the human multidrug resistance P-glycoprotein is accessible to the aqueous mediumTip W Loo
CIHR Group in Membrane Biology, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
Biochemistry 43:12081-9. 2004..By contrast, cross-linking of cysteine residues located outside the drug-binding pocket (such as G300C(TM5)/F770C(TM8)) was not affected by MTSES or MTSET. These results indicate that the drug-binding pocket is accessible to water...
- Influence of CYP3A5 and MDR1 polymorphisms on tacrolimus concentration in the early stage after renal transplantationXin Zhang
Research Institute of Nephrology, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing University School of Medicine, Nanjing, China
Clin Transplant 19:638-43. 2005..Cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A and P-glycoprotein (P-gp, encoded by MDR1) play an important role in the absorption and metabolism of tacrolimus...
- Polymorphism in the P-glycoprotein drug transporter MDR1 gene in colon cancer patientsMateusz Kurzawski
Department of Pharmacology, Pomeranian Medical University, Powstańców Wlkp 72 str, 70 111, Szczecin, Poland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 61:389-94. 2005The P-glycoprotein, a product of MDR1 (multiple drug resistance 1) gene, is a membrane efflux pump localized in epithelial cells in the small and large intestine, a part of the gastrointestinal barrier that protects cells against ..
- A polymorphism C3435T of the MDR-1 gene associated with smoking or high body mass index increases the risk of sporadic breast cancer in womenPavol Zubor
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jessenius Faculty of Medicine, Comenius University, 03659 Martin, Slovak Republic
Oncol Rep 18:211-7. 2007..Our observations are the first that indicate this polymorphism as a modulator of health to be associated with an increased risk of breast cancer...
- Haplotype-oriented genetic analysis and functional assessment of promoter variants in the MDR1 (ABCB1) geneHiroshi Takane
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, 36 1, Nishi machi, Yonago, 683 8504, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 311:1179-87. 2004Recently, a number of nucleotide variants have been described in the multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1/ABCB1) gene; however, most studies have focused on the coding region...
- Expression of multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1), multidrug resistance-related protein 1 (MRP1), lung resistance protein (LRP), and breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP) genes and clinical outcome in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaM Kourti
Second Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Int J Hematol 86:166-73. 2007The aim of this prospective study was to analyze the expression of messenger RNA of genes, such as MDR1, MRP1, BCRP, and LRP, implicated in the mechanism of multidrug resistance (MDR) in relation to the response to induction chemotherapy ..
- Transcriptional repression of protein kinase Calpha via Sp1 by wild type p53 is involved in inhibition of multidrug resistance 1 P-glycoprotein phosphorylationMaocheng Zhan
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 280:4825-33. 2005..More importantly, PKCalpha phosphorylates and activates MDR1 P-glycoprotein, whereas inhibition of PKCalpha by p53 leads to decreased MDR1 phosphorylation in STS cells, which ..
- Determination of P-glycoprotein, MDR-related protein 1, breast cancer resistance protein, and lung-resistance protein expression in leukemic stem cells of acute myeloid leukemiaLorena L de Figueiredo-Pontes
Hematology Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical School of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 74:163-8. 2008....
- Cyclooxygenase-2, multidrug resistance 1, and breast cancer resistance protein gene polymorphisms and inflammatory bowel disease in the Danish populationMette Østergaard
Medical Department, Viborg Regional Hospital, Viborg
Scand J Gastroenterol 44:65-73. 2009..The purpose of the study was to investigate whether single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in genes involved in these processes were associated with CD and UC...
- ABCB1 C3435T and G2677T/A polymorphism decreased the risk for steroid-induced osteonecrosis of the femoral head after kidney transplantationTakeshi Asano
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kawaramachi Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Pharmacogenetics 13:675-82. 2003..and investigated the relationship between single nucleotide polymorphisms in the multidrug resistance gene 1 (ABCB1, MDR1) encoding P-gp and ONF. Subjects comprised 136 patients receiving kidney transplantation...
- The "LSGGQ" motif in each nucleotide-binding domain of human P-glycoprotein is adjacent to the opposing walker A sequenceTip W Loo
Canadian Institutes for Health Research Group in Membrane Biology, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:41303-6. 2002The human multidrug resistance P-glycoprotein (P-gp, ABCB1), a member of the ATP-binding cassette (ABC) family of transport proteins, actively transports many cytotoxic compounds out of the cell...
- ABCB1 gene polymorphisms and expression of P-glycoprotein and long-term prognosis in colorectal cancerSara De Iudicibus
Department of Life Sciences, University of Trieste, Italy
Anticancer Res 28:3921-8. 2008P-glycoprotein (Pgp), encoded by the ATP-binding cassette B1 (ABCB1) gene, is an efflux transporter located on the luminal side of intestinal epithelial cells, which protects the gut from endogenous and exogenous toxins...
- Nucleotide binding, ATP hydrolysis, and mutation of the catalytic carboxylates of human P-glycoprotein cause distinct conformational changes in the transmembrane segmentsTip W Loo
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
Biochemistry 46:9328-36. 2007P-Glycoprotein (P-gp, ABCB1) transports a variety of structurally unrelated cytotoxic compounds out of the cell...
- Introduction of the most common cystic fibrosis mutation (Delta F508) into human P-glycoprotein disrupts packing of the transmembrane segmentsTip W Loo
Canadian Institutes for Health Research CIHR Group in Membrane Biology, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:27585-8. 2002..These results show that deletion at residue 490 disrupts packing of the TM segments possibly by affecting interaction between the first nucleotide-binding domain (Tyr(490)) and the first cytoplasmic loop (Glu(184))...
- Molecular models of human P-glycoprotein in two different catalytic statesJean Paul Becker
Structure et Fonction des Membranes Biologiques, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Boulevard du Triomphe CP 206 2, B 1050 Brussels, Belgium
BMC Struct Biol 9:3. 2009..In the absence of a high-resolution structure of P-glycoprotein, homology modeling is a useful tool to help interpretation of experimental data and potentially guide experimental studies...
- Transcription factor c-Jun activation represses mdr-1 gene expressionZe Hong Miao
Division of Anti tumor Pharmacology, State Key Laboratory of Drug Research, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, People s Republic of China
Cancer Res 63:4527-32. 2003..The findings also suggest that c-Jun might be a potential drug target for circumventing tumor MDR...
- Effects of polymorphisms of MDR1, MRP1, and MRP2 genes on their mRNA expression levels in duodenal enterocytes of healthy Japanese subjectsYuka Moriya
Department of Environmental Biochemistry, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 25:1356-9. 2002In the present study, we examined whether polymorphisms in the ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter genes, MDR1, MRP1 and MRP2, were associated with their respective mRNA expression levels in duodenal enterocytes of 13 healthy Japanese ..
- Ecteinascidin 743, a transcription-targeted chemotherapeutic that inhibits MDR1 activationS Jin
Molecular Pharmacology and Therapeutics Program, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:6775-9. 2000..We have shown that NF-Y is a central mediator of activation of transcription of the human P glycoprotein gene (MDR1) by a variety of inducers and that NF-Y functions by recruiting the histone acetyltransferase PCAF to the MDR1 ..
- Expression of LRP and MDR1 in locally advanced breast cancer predicts axillary node invasion at the time of rescue mastectomy after induction chemotherapyJ Schneider
Centro de Patologia de la Mama, Madrid, Spain
Breast Cancer Res 3:183-91. 2001..P-glycoprotein expression in the rescue mastectomy specimen has finally been identified as a significant predictor of patient survival...
- Antisense targeting of p-glycoprotein expression in tissue cultureKayoko Nakamura
Department of Radiology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Nucl Med 46:509-13. 2005..Radiolabeled antisense DNA has not previously been considered for the targeting of mdr1 mRNA, the product of the mdr1 gene controlling Pgp expression of MDR.
- Expression of functionally P-glycoprotein in MA104 kidney cellsM A Capella
, , Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Z Naturforsch C 54:119-27. 1999..The mdr1-mRNA was detected by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction and a subcloned 283-bp product was identified...
- Effect of CYP3A and ABCB1 single nucleotide polymorphisms on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of calcineurin inhibitors: Part IChristine E Staatz
School of Pharmacy, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Clin Pharmacokinet 49:141-75. 2010..P450 (CYP) 3A enzymes--in particular, CYP3A4 and CYP3A5--and are transported out of cells via P-glycoprotein (ABCB1)...
- Effect of CYP3A and ABCB1 single nucleotide polymorphisms on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of calcineurin inhibitors: Part IIChristine E Staatz
University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Clin Pharmacokinet 49:207-21. 2010..P450 (CYP) 3A enzymes - in particular, CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 - and are transported out of cells via P-glycoprotein (ABCB1)...
- The orphan nuclear receptor SXR coordinately regulates drug metabolism and effluxT W Synold
Department of Medical Oncology and Therapeutics Research, The Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California, USA
Nat Med 7:584-90. 2001..also regulates drug efflux by activating expression of the gene MDR1, which encodes the protein P-glycoprotein (ABCB1)...
- Cytogenetic and molecular characterization of random chromosomal rearrangements activating the drug resistance gene, MDR1/P-glycoprotein, in drug-selected cell lines and patients with drug refractory ALLT Knutsen
Medicine Branch, Division of Clinical Sciences, NCI, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 23:44-54. 1998..PGY1 is encoded by the MDR1 gene located at 7q21.1...
- [Treatment of multidrug resistance in oncology and hematology]M Petrini
U.O. Ematologia, , Italy
Tumori 83:S17-20. 1997..High levels of the mdr1 expression have been found in normal adrenal gland, kidney, colon, jejunum and liver, whereas low levels were ..
- Changes in subcellular doxorubicin distribution and cellular accumulation alone can largely account for doxorubicin resistance in SW-1573 lung cancer and MCF-7 breast cancer multidrug resistant tumour cellsG J Schuurhuis
Department of Medical Oncology, Free University, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 68:898-908. 1993..Therefore additional mechanisms must be operative. In this paper we show by a quantitative approach that doxorubicin resistance in several P-glycoprotein-positive non-small cell lung cancer and breast cancer multidrug resistant cell ..
- Detection of the 170 kDa P-glycoprotein in neoplastic and normal tissuesE Ronchi
Division of Experimental Oncology, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milano, Italy
Tumori 75:542-6. 1989..and an immunoblotting assay have been designed to allow screening of human solid tumors for overexpression of the GP170 glycoprotein without employing a disaggregation method to obtain cell suspensions...
- New mechanisms of hormone secretion: MDR-like gene products as extrusion pumps for hormones?K F Becker
Department of Physiology, University of Munich, Germany
Horm Metab Res 24:210-3. 1992P-glycoprotein, the product of the multidrug resistance (MDR1) gene, is an ATP-driven transmembrane pump that increases the resistance of cells by actively exporting toxic chemicals...
- Comparative study on reversal efficacy of SDZ PSC 833, cyclosporin A and verapamil on multidrug resistance in vitro and in vivoT Watanabe
Cancer Chemotherapy Center, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo
Acta Oncol 34:235-41. 1995..SDZ PSC 833 (PSC833), shows a reversal effect on multidrug resistance (MDR) by functional modulation of MDR1 gene product, P-glycoprotein...
- Quantitative determination of MDR1 mRNA expression in peripheral blood lymphocytes: a possible role of genetic polymorphisms in the MDR1 geneK Oselin
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Centre Charité, Humboldt University, Berlin
Eur J Clin Invest 33:261-7. 2003..In humans, P-glycoprotein is encoded by the MDR1 gene. Recently, several single nucleotide polymorphisms in the MDR1 gene were identified...
- Mechanisms of multidrug resistance in cancer treatmentA L Harris
Molecular Oncology Laboratory, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, UK
Acta Oncol 31:205-13. 1992..HSP27 confers doxorubicin resistance. 3) Topoisomerase II...
- Bidirectional transport of rhodamine 123 and Hoechst 33342, fluorescence probes of the binding sites on P-glycoprotein, across MDCK-MDR1 cell monolayersFuxing Tang
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, The University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66047, USA
J Pharm Sci 93:1185-94. 2004..probes of the binding sites on P-glycoprotein (P-gp), across monolayers of MDCK cells transfected with the human MDR1 gene (MDCK-MDR1) were investigated...
- ABCB1 (MDR1)-type P-glycoproteins at the blood-brain barrier modulate the activity of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical system: implications for affective disorderMarianne B Muller
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstrasse 2 10, 80804 Munich, Germany
Neuropsychopharmacology 28:1991-9. 2003Multidrug-resistance gene 1-type P-glycoproteins (ABCB1-type P-gps) protect the brain against the accumulation of many toxic xenobiotics and drugs...
- Modulation of multidrug resistance gene expression by dexamethasone in cultured hepatoma cellsJ Y Zhao
Department of Molecular Pathology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Endocrinology 133:521-8. 1993..There are three mdr genes (mdr1, mdr2, and mdr3) in the mouse genome and two (MDR1 and MDR2) in the human genome; however, only two mouse genes (..
- Multidrug-resistance gene 1-type p-glycoprotein (MDR1 p-gp) inhibition by tariquidar impacts on neuroendocrine and behavioral processing of stressChristoph K Thoeringer
Research Unit of Translational Neurogastroenterology, Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, Medical University of Graz, Graz 8010, Austria
Psychoneuroendocrinology 32:1028-40. 2007The multidrug-resistance gene 1-type p-glycoprotein (MDR1 p-gp) is a major gate-keeper at the blood-brain barrier (BBB), protecting the central nervous system from accumulation of toxic xenobiotics and drugs...
- [Inhibition of multidrug resistance gene 1 expression in glioma by antisense oligodeoxynucleotides]Jian Xin Kong
Department of Neurosurgery, the Second Affiliated Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan 250033, China
Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao 27:211-5. 2005To investigate the effectiveness of phosphorothioate multidrug resistance gene 1 (MDR1) antisense oligodeoxynucleotides (MDR1-AS) suppressing MDR1 expression in multidrug-resistant glioma cell line C6/adr.
- Differential interaction of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coa reductase inhibitors with ABCB1, ABCC2, and OATP1B1Cuiping Chen
Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics and Metabolism, Pfizer Global Research and Development, MS4044, Eastern Point Rd, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 33:537-46. 2005..simvastatin in acid and lactone forms, and pravastatin in acid form only) with multidrug resistance gene 1 (MDR1, ABCB1) P-glycoprotein, multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (MRP2, ABCC2), and organic anion-transporting ..
- Reversal of multi-drug resistance by pSUPER-shRNA-mdr1 in vivo and in vitroGuang Dong Pan
Department of General Surgery, People s Hospital of Liuzhou, Medical University of Guangxi, Liuzhou 545001, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China
World J Gastroenterol 15:431-40. 2009To explore the possibility of reversing multi-drug resistance (MDR) to HepG2/mdr1 in vitro and in vivo with RNA interference (RNAi).
- Drug resistance in epilepsy: expression of drug resistance proteins in common causes of refractory epilepsyS M Sisodiya
Epilepsy Research Group, University Department of Clinical Neurology, University College London, London, UK
Brain 125:22-31. 2002..mechanisms, overexpression of drug resistance proteins, such as multi-drug resistance gene-1 P-glycoprotein (MDR1) and multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 (MRP1), has been shown to correlate with cellular resistance to ..
- Mutations in the multi-drug resistance regulator MRR1, followed by loss of heterozygosity, are the main cause of MDR1 overexpression in fluconazole-resistant Candida albicans strainsNico Dunkel
Institut für Molekulare Infektionsbiologie, Universitat Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Mol Microbiol 69:827-40. 2008Overexpression of the MDR1 gene, encoding a multi-drug efflux pump of the major facilitator superfamily, is a major cause of resistance to the widely used antifungal agent fluconazole and other toxic substances in the fungal pathogen ..
- [Steroid and xenobiotic receptor (SXR), multidrug resistance gene (MDR1) and GSTs, SULTs and CYP polymorphism expression in invasive bladder cancer, analysis of their expression and correlation with other prognostic factors]J Rioja Zuazu
Departamento de Urologia, Clinica Universitaria, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona
Actas Urol Esp 31:1107-16. 2007..lies regulating in a positive manner cytochrome P450 3A4 (CYP3A4) transcription and the multidrug resistance gene (MDR1), it's considered a key in the xenobiotic detoxification mechanism, being involved in all phases of the ..
- Construction of double suicide genes system controlled by MDR1 promoter with targeted expression in drug-resistant glioma cellsYuan Zhang
School of Medicine, Shandong University, Ji Nan, Shandong Province, 250012, P R China
J Neurooncol 86:3-11. 2008The multiple drug resistance protein (MDR1) is frequently overexpressed in human glioma...
- Applications of 99mTc-sestamibi in oncologyL Maffioli
Divison of Nuclear Medicine, National Cancer Institute, Milan, Italy
Tumori 82:12-21. 1996..This peculiar type of resistance is due to amplification of the mammalian MDR1 gene, located on chromosome 7...
- Reversal of multi-drug resistance by vector-based-shRNA-mdr1 in vitro and in vivoShi Lu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 29:620-4. 2009..RNA (shRNA) on the reversal of multi-drug resistance (mdr) of A2780/Taxol cells, a novel vector pEGFP-H1/mdr1 containing mdr1-shRNA targeting at position 2943-2963 of mdr1 was designed and synthesized...
- Significance of MDR1 and multiple drug resistance in refractory human epileptic brainNicola Marchi
Cerebrovascular Research Center, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
BMC Med 2:37. 2004The multiple drug resistance protein (MDR1/P-glycoprotein) is overexpressed in glia and blood-brain barrier (BBB) endothelium in drug refractory human epileptic tissue...
- New horizon of MDR1 (P-glycoprotein) studyTakaharu Mizutani
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, Nagoya, Japan
Drug Metab Rev 37:489-510. 2005MDR1 (once P-glycoprotein, now referred to as ABCB1) plays a role as a blood-brain barrier, preventing drug absorption into the brain, and is known to confer multiple drug resistance in cancer chemotherapy...
- The ABCB1-1Delta mutation is not responsible for subchronic neurotoxicity seen in dogs of non-collie breeds following macrocyclic lactone treatment for generalized demodicosisStéphane Bissonnette
Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Montreal, St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
Vet Dermatol 20:60-6. 2009P-glycoprotein (P-gp), encoded by the multiple drug resistance gene ABCB1 (also known as MDR1), is an integral component of the blood brain barrier crucial in limiting drug uptake into the central nervous system...
- [SDZ PSC 833: a novel modulator of MDR]A Covelli
Clinical Research and Development, Novartis, Basel, Switzerland
Tumori 83:S21-4. 1997..The in vitro finding that treatment with SDZ PSC 833 may suppress the activation of the MDR1 gene and prevent the emergence of resistant cancer cell clones with the MDR phenotype might support the use of this ..
- Comparison of two educational interventions on pediatric resident auscultation skillsC Becket Mahnke
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatrics 113:1331-5. 2004..Multiple cross-sectional physician surveys have documented poor cardiac auscultation skills. We evaluated the impact of 2 different educational interventions on pediatric resident auscultation skills...
- [Expression of alpha-tubulin and MDR1 and their correlation with the biological features of non-small cell lung carcinoma]Qing yong Chen
Department of Respiratory Diseases, the 117th Hospital of PLA, Hangzhou 310013, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 32:278-82. 2010To detect the expression of alpha-tubulin and MDR1 in human non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC), and to clarify their clinical significance.
- Inhibition of P-glycoprotein transport function and reversion of MDR1 multidrug resistance by cnidiadinChantal Barthomeuf
UMR INSERM U 484, Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie et Biotechnologies, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite d Auvergne, Place H Dunant, 63001 Clermont Fd Cedex, France
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 56:173-81. 2005Overexpression of P-glycoprotein (Pgp) encoded by the MDR1 gene is one of the major obstacles to successful cancer chemotherapy...
- Up-regulation of multidrug resistance P-glycoprotein via nuclear factor-kappaB activation protects kidney proximal tubule cells from cadmium- and reactive oxygen species-induced apoptosisF Thevenod
Department of Physiology II, University of Saarland, 66421 Homburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 275:1887-96. 2000..correlated with a time-dependent up-regulation of the drug efflux pump multidrug resistance P-glycoprotein (mdr1) in cadmium-treated cells ( approximately 4-fold after 72 h), as determined by immunoblotting with the monoclonal ..
- [Reversal effect of MDR1 and MDR3 gene silencing on resistance of A2780/taxol cells to paclitaxel]Lan Xiao
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical School, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 42:412-6. 2007To investigate the reversal effect of MDR1 and MDR3 gene silencing on resistance of A2780/taxol cells to paclitaxel.
- MDR Gene Polymorphisms in AMLMaria Baer; Fiscal Year: 2007The ATP-binding cassette (ABC) proteins P-glycoprotein (Pgp; MDR1; encoded by ABCB1), multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP-1; encoded by ABCC1) and breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP; encoded by ABCG2) are energy-dependent ..
- REGULATION OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE PHENOTYPEWilliam Hait; Fiscal Year: 2002..One of the most exciting advances was the discovery of P-glycoprotein (P-gp), the MDR1 gene product, which can impart multi-drug resistance (MDR) by virtue of its ability to transport certain molecules ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF NEW SEMISYNTHETIC TAXANESRalph Bernacki; Fiscal Year: 2001..Clearly, second generation taxanes that have improved therapeutic activity against multi-drug resistant (MDR1 gene mediated) tumors would be advantageous...
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF PLEIOTROPIC DRUG RESISTANCEW Moye Rowley; Fiscal Year: 1993..Animal cells often acquire this property by amplifying the expression of a P-glycoprotein-encoding gene, MDR1. Yeast cells also possess a phenotype, known as pleiotropic drug resistance (Pdr), analogous to mammalian Mdr...
- MODULATION OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE MECHANISMSBranimir Sikic; Fiscal Year: 2002..Studies of new modulators of MDR1/P-glycoprotein (P-gp) multidrug resistance (MDR) will continue...
- Vaginal Drug Delivery of P-glycoprotein SubstratesGiovanni Pauletti; Fiscal Year: 2003..The MDR1 gene product P-gp is a prototype of membrane efflux systems that limit transcellular transport of drug molecules ..
- ABCB5 P-Glycoprotein in Cancer Multidrug ResistanceMarkus Frank; Fiscal Year: 2007Multidrug resistance (MDR) mediated by MDR1 (ABCB1) P-glycoprotein and related ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters is an impediment to successful cancer therapy...
- ABCB5 P-Glycoprotein in Cancer Multidrug ResistanceMarkus H Frank; Fiscal Year: 2010Multidrug resistance (MDR) mediated by MDR1 (ABCB1) P-glycoprotein and related ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters is an impediment to successful cancer therapy...
- XENOBIOTIC REGULATION OF LIVER P-GLYCOPROTEINJohn Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2001In our previous funding period we established that expression of the hepatic multidrug resistance (MDR1) gene product, P-glycoprotein, varies over 50-fold among individuals...
- P-Glycoprotein and Disposition of PsychostimulantsJOHN MARKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..The most prominent gene of the ABC cassette family of transporters, ABCB1 (also known as MDR1), is highly polymorphic and encodes for P-glycoprotein (PGP)...
- Role of the ABC Transporter ABCB6 in CytotoxicityJohn Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our studies have sought to understand the function and regulation of ABC transporters with a focus on the MDR1 gene that encodes a protein conferring resistance to a large number of therapeutic drugs and cytotoxic compounds...
- MDR1 GENE THERAPY IN CD34+ CELLS AND SCID MICEJames Doroshow; Fiscal Year: 2002The human MDR1 gene encodes a multispecific drug transporter, P- glycoprotein (Pgp), that prevents drug accumulation in resistant cells. Overexpression of MDR1 is sufficient for conferring multidrug resistance on otherwise normal cells...
- IMAGING MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE AND MODULATION IN BREAST CADavid Piwnica Worms; Fiscal Year: 2002..Emergence of multidrug resistance (MDR) in breast cancer mediated by the MDR1 P-glycoprotein has been associated with poor response to chemotherapy and a shorter overall survival...
- INTERACTIONS OF P GLYCOPROTEIN WITH CYTOCHROME P4503AErin Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our recent studies have established that the product of the multidrug resistance gene (MDR1), the drug efflux transporter P-glycoprotein (Pgp), influences the pharmacological disposition of rifampicin and is ..
- Canine model for assessing CNS access P-gp substratesKATRINA MEALEY; Fiscal Year: 2005The overall goal of the proposed research is to validate a P-glycoprotein (P-gp) deficient canine model [MDR1(mut/mut)] for delineating the role of P-gp in restricting access of therapeutic agents to the central nervous system (CNS)...
- MDR1 GENE THERAPY IN CD34+ CELLS AND SCID MICESusan Kane; Fiscal Year: 2001The human MDR1 gene encodes a multispecific drug transporter, P- glycoprotein (Pgp), that prevents drug accumulation in resistant cells. Overexpression of MDR1 is sufficient for conferring multidrug resistance on otherwise normal cells...